J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/sepa ... 220525.htm
Yasin Malik gets life term for crimes 'striking at the heart of idea of India'
Hemant Waje, May 25, 2022

A Delhi court on Wednesday awarded life imprisonment to Yasin Malik, one of the foremost separatist leaders of Jammu and Kashmir, in a terror funding case, saying the crimes were intended to strike at the "heart of the idea of India" and intended to forcefully secede J&K from the Union of India.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
https://www.rediff.com/news/report/cour ... 220525.htm
Court rejects Yasin Malik's claim he followed Gandhian non-violence
Source: PT IMay 25, 2022

A Delhi court on Wednesday rejected Kashmiri separatist leader Yasin Malik's contention that he was following the Gandhian principle of non-violence, saying despite the large scale of violence engulfing the valley, he neither condemned the violence nor withdrew his calendar of protest.
Special judge Praveen Singh also dismissed Malik's contention that he gave up the gun in 1994 and, thereafter, he was recognised as a legitimate political player, observing that ”in my opinion, there was no reformation of this convict”.
Gautam
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.greaterkashmir.com/kashmir/ ... hts-police
Four LeT terrorists killed in twin Kashmir gunfights: police
'Killers of TV artist Amreen Bhat among slain'
GK Web Desk, 26 May, 2022

Srinagar: Four LeT terrorists were killed in separate gunfights in Awantipora area of Pulwama and Soura Srinagar on Friday, police said.
A police spokesman said two newly recruited terrorists identified as Shahid Mushtaq Bhat of Hafroo Chadoora Budgam and Farhan Habib of Hakripora Pulwama. Police said the two had killed TV artist Amreen Bhat on Wednesday on the instruction of LeT Commander Lateef.
"Both killed newly joined local #terrorists identified as Shahid Mushtaq Bhat R/O Hafroo Chadoora #Budgam & Farhan Habib R/O Hakripora #Pulwama. They had #killed TV artist on the instruction of LeT Cmdr Lateef. 01 AK 56 rifle, 4 magazines and a pistol recovered," IGP Kashmir Vijay Kumar said in a statement.
Police said that two more LeT terrorists identified as Shakir Ahmed Waza and Afreen Aftab Malik, both residents of Trenz in south Kashmir's Shopian were killed in another gunfight in Soura Srinagar.
Gautam
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/dova ... 220602.htm
Doval, R&AW chief meet Amit Shah over Kashmir killings
PTI, June 02, 2022

Ahead of a crucial meeting on Jammu and Kashmir, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval on Thursday met Union Home Minister Amit Shah and is believed to have discussed the security situation in the Union territory which has witnessed a spate of targeted killings since May 12.
Doval along with R&AW chief Samnat Goel was closeted with Shah for over an hour at the home minister's office at North Block this afternoon, official sources said.
Details of their meeting were not known immediately but they were believed to have discussed the situation in restive Kashmir where a bank employee hailing from Rajasthan was killed on Thursday morning -- the third non-Muslim government employee.
Shah will chair a high-level meeting on Friday to discuss the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir, the second such exercise in less than a fortnight which comes at a time when terrorists have been carrying out targeted killings in the valley.
Doval is also expected to attend Friday's meeting chaired by the home minister.
Jammu and Kashmir Lt Governor Manoj Sinha and senior functionaries of the central government and the Union territory will participate in the meeting which is also expected to take stock of the arrangements for the annual Amarnath yatra, being held after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Gautam
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Two more shot dead earlier this evening, this time in Budgam. There are images floating on twitter of an overcrowded Srinagar airport where hindu families are trying to get out before the situation worsens .
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Just two weeks back I had been to Kashmir for personal trip. I had a chance to interact with locals and also went to old town with the help of a Kashmiri friend (who wanted to show Kashmir is good place and wanted to show good side of Kashmir) here are some of my observation

1) On the way from Airport to our Boat house we took a prepaid taxi. On the way we saw “Budgam” signboard. Wife asked cab driver is this the place where Kashmiri pandit was killed by terrorist. The driver affirmed and showed the direction of where the actual area is and also told us, “ these people fight among themselves kill each other and blame on us”. My wife got angry on the way he told. While getting down my wife repeated his words to him in a sarcastic way. To with the driver said “YES” and slammed the door.
2) I saw very less black burka women outside. Of course, number of women and women drivers/riders are negligible but who ever was outside had cloth on head but not black burka.
3) I was with the impression that they will all be talking Urdu. But everyone talk only Kashmiri, many doesn’t even know Urdu properly.
4) I saw very less or almost no green flags. Back at my place, there will be a pole with green flag at almost all places with sizable population.
5) Had a talk with horseman. Looks like poverty is a lot. Education is very low. Even our driver confirmed me that people don't study a lot and the job even after phd (don't know in what) is just driving or in hospitality.
6) most of the street hawker are from UP/BIHAR. at pahalgam they told me that they have no issues and people are supportive to them. He also told it is not like down in town (meaning in Anantnag I think)
7) Been to mamlashwar temple. It is taken care by a Muslim who ask us to pour water on Shivling and ask money.
8) While coming back I saw ONLY temple taken care by only Hindu of Pahalgam. It's Sri gaurishankar temple constructed & maintained by Dharmath trust Jammu. It was built in 1962 opening ceremony performed by raja Karansingh. The pandit stays there and performs pooja everyday even in cold snowy days. 365 days he stays there and do seva to Mahadev. He has been there for past 20 yrs taking care of god, even during worst of the days. He told me that police station in front and mahadev on his side he is safe.
9) Been to home of my friends who was helping us in Kashmir trip. One thing I liked was all the family members joined for tea with us. It was heart touching. One of his aunt introduced herself as a convert from Rao (presume to be brahmin from hyd ) to Islam. I have no issues with her getting convert as it is her personal choice. But many time she referred in the talk outside Kashmir as "India", in one of instance, I asked from where do you get watermelon as Kashmir is cold place, she could have told it comes from outside Kashmir, instead she told it is imported from India. I could not dare to ask her justification on it. But yes rest of the family were very affable and sweet.
10) After sonamarg, it became late to reach Kheer Bhawani, Unfortunately CPRF is withdrawn by 6.30pm. However, on request officer over there left us. But the time we completed darshan, driver came running as we were not picking up the phone. JKPolice had called driver to question why they brought visitors so late. as per him other driver ran away so they caught him and beat him for running away. But later I met the other couples who came just after us. As per them they left early so it was our driver who got scolding. JKP took the photo and car licence plate photo, and one of the police guy was talking to him for long time. When I went to ask what had happened JKP told that it is for our safety and not to worry.
11) The mind set of people of Kashmir is confusing. Whom ever i meet becomes friendly take or give phone numbers. Talks freely. They want to give presents (dryfruits etc) But still we saw some objectionable graffiti on shutters in old kashmir. Internal areas of old city is horrible. But some roads are freed for visitors as per my local friend. All graffiti on those roads are blackened. But just we go inside it is full of anti-India writings everywhere. I took many photos on the main road. But could not take photos inside road as I did not feel safe. Even inside jamia masjid compound walls also had slogans.
12) While going around and taking photos we where in car and a two guys on byke overtook from left side spit on us and moved ahead he even turned back to see us.
13) In Jamia Masjid Srinagar while we were walking one of the couples told "why these Hindus come and spoil our places, cant they get lost somewhere"
14) But whomever we asked (auto driver, cab driver, dukan wala) everyone told "we don't want to join pak. What we will do with them as they don't have food to eat", but they prefer having 370, while some hope for improvement from now on.
15) Most of the temples has become CRPF Stations in Sri nagar... Here are few that I visited.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Demographic change by whatever means possible. That seems to be the only way.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

^^Agreed. Kashmir is a fawked up place because its people are fawked up people. You cannot run a psychiatry program for 4 million wackos. We should resettle large numbers of Hindoos in protected enclaves whose boundaries should continually expand till they cover most of the valley.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

^^ They roam all over India, setting up shops in five star hotels, but won't tolerate presence of anyone from rest of India in Kashmir. Hypocrites and freeloaders
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Speaks of severe levels of confusion, brainwashing and inadequacy. Only way forward for the existing population is for their children to be freed of this kind of thinking - it will take 2 generations, we have to stay the course.
As for the reference "it comes from India" I won't take it so personally - the geographical reality is that pretty much everything which isn't local has to make its way via one road so they really don't care whether it comes from Punjab, Kerala or Mizoram - in their mind it has to be trucked in, so "it comes from India".
vmalik
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vmalik »

I keep wondering which group of hindus will evolve / mutate into displaying a truly militant socio/political outlook first. Punjabis/KPs/Bongs.
KPs are the least in numbers and their dangers are immediate and existential. But they keep waiting for somebody else to save their ass and would rather dwell in self pity and trauma ***** than actually taking aggressive posture against their enemy. After 1990, why wouldn't every KP able bodied man join army/crpf?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

All they want is kufr money, not kufrs..

The used the Congoons cover to physically get rid of the kufr & receive doles (paid by the rest of India). With the change of goverment they sensed that the doles would be stopped

So easy way to earn money from the kufr is to to make sure that he only visits as a tourist, and doesn't become a local resident.

Standard islamist playbook. Street level, village level, city level, state level...
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

J&K demographics and schoolbooks (has anyone analysed what they're being taught?) need to change. Else we'll continue like this until india@&100
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

vmalik wrote:I keep wondering which group of hindus will evolve / mutate into displaying a truly militant socio/political outlook first. Punjabis/KPs/Bongs.
KPs are the least in numbers and their dangers are immediate and existential. But they keep waiting for somebody else to save their ass and would rather dwell in self pity and trauma ***** than actually taking aggressive posture against their enemy. After 1990, why wouldn't every KP able bodied man join army/crpf?
KP men have been feminized. No martial spirit in them. Hence they and their women suffer. Their strategy is to abuse other Hindus and flatter Muslims in hope of safety. This has obviously not worked. All the four varnas -- martial spirit (kshatriya), entrepreneurship (vaishyas), physical work (shudra) and intellectual work (brahmins) -- are important for survival of a society. These should be in equal balance. Any society lacking in even one will be unhealthy. KP community revolves around only intellectual work (Brahmins). They have lost the other three. Hence they suffer.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Most of the other three varnas in J&K were converted - by force or by compulsion, over a long period of time. If a brahmin lets go of his Dharma, there is not much left to live for, no other family trade to practice, so they cling on to being hindu like they cling on to life. Brahmins are always the minority varna in terms of numbers, though it might have been less markedly so in ancient Kashmir due to the nature of the land (mountainous, therefore non-agrarian, low density of commercial trades and crafts like weaving, metal work etc compared to the plains, somewhat remote for trading etc) and the type of people who went to settle there, went mostly for intellectual and spiritual pursuits.

Elsewhere, in differently structured societies, brahmins were indeed minorities, and have at times taken up arms or led armed groups, but mostly as a last resort, when able leadership was lacking from the other varnas which constituted a big majority and remained hindu.

If brahmins are a numerical minority facing non-hindu majority, like in Kashmir, they have to go into survival mode to keep Dharma and rituals, practices, knowledge alive, become totally non-confrontational, and wait for better times. Perhaps the Zoroasters went about it differently against the same menace, and they totally disappeared from their lands.

Its quite possible that decades, perhaps centuries of living in survival mode/psychology can make you lose sight of some of the very Dharmic principles your ancestors survived so many hardships to keep alive. JMT.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Another anecdote: Back in 1966 or thereabouts, our school, St. Xavier's Doranda, visited Srinagar during the summer vacation. We were about 50 students and we put up in Tyndale Biscoe School in Lal Chowk area of Srinagar. The school is quite old and very well known in that area. Srinagar was quite peaceful those days and we had a jolly good time. During a time that we were let out on our own, I used to go and spent a rupee or so for cherries, not available in our good old Ranchi. When I told the natives that I came from Ranchi the locals mistook it for Karachi, and went gaga in delight. Pakistan was a great country even in those days of peace. I had to bring then down gently and say that I am not a Pakistani, but a Hindu from Hindostan. At a later date, I became friends with a young CRPF man just by chance. Either he was a jawan or a non-commissioned officer, I do not remember his rank. He once took me to his camp, my first experience of a military barrack. It was a Sunday, his comrade was a Kerala Christian getting ready for Church in his best attire. After a while, I asked him about the Kashmir situation and the Kashmiri people themselves. I distinctly remember him saying "Sab saale kayer hain, koi saala mard nahin hain". I did not understand exactly what he meant, I was too young. But he was very clear about his disdain and contempt of Kashmiris and I remember it even today. We visited many beautiful places, and Indian army was there every where even those days. One place I can remember, there was a natural spring (Chasme Shahi) and the Army was collecting that water in large jerry cans. But the killings by the terrorists had not yet started. From the stories that I read in BRF today, one should remember that we are also the product of time. The Kashmiris were dominated by the Dogra's, and later by the Abdullah's and the terrorists. I am sure they have learned to hide their feelings and say whatever the audience wants to hear. So, the tourists get a pro-India statement, the Amarnath Yatris a pro-Hindu statement and the Pakistanis a pro-Pakistani statement. The best solution is the prompt Balkanization of Pakistan and the simultaneous change in the demographics. This is easier said than done, I know. I am sure the Indian leadership know what is the present need. Wherever, there has been a similar situation, where a minority has been ruled by a group of majority of a different identity, for example, in Northern Ireland, or Israel etc. There has been killings and bloodshed. I do not think Modiji, or Dovalji can eliminate that in a significant way. But they have identified the problem and I am sure that they are working to solve it. We do need more robust Hindu settlers there. My past suggestion was to settle land hungry ex-Indian army Gorkhas in Kashyap's land. But the gentle readers of BRF nixed that. Perhaps then, a mix of all types of ex-army retirees should be used, hunger for land is everywhere. But above all they should know how to use arms and be armed to combat the terrorists coming in from Pakistan. A militia of the type you see here in Khan Land would be good.
Just my 20 cents.
Gautam
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

yensoy wrote: As for the reference "it comes from India" I won't take it so personally - the geographical reality is that pretty much everything which isn't local has to make its way via one road so they really don't care whether it comes from Punjab, Kerala or Mizoram - in their mind it has to be trucked in, so "it comes from India".
my English is bad so i am asking you straight. do we say "coconuts comes from India" or "coconuts are imported from India? i was hurt when they use the word like "Import and export to India". normally i use to use the words like "we get it from" or "purchase it from"

i did speak to some common people, they refer buran wani as "shaheed". how will you integrate Hindus in such society?
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.firstpost.com/india/jammu-a ... 91101.html
Jammu and Kashmir: Two Lashkar-e-Taiba militants killed in encounter
Inspector General of Police, Kashmir zone, Vijay Kumar said as per the documents and other incriminating materials recovered from the encounter site, one of the killed terrorists has been identified as Abdullah Goujri, a resident of Faisalabad in Pakistan
Press Trust of India, June 14, 2022

Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Taiba militants, including a Pakistani national, were killed in an encounter with security forces in Srinagar, police said on Tuesday.
"Two terrorists of banned terror outfit LeT were neutralised by Srinagar Police in an encounter in Bemina area of Srinagar city. One policeman sustained minor injuries in the operation," a police official said.
The chance encounter' took place late Monday night.
Gautam
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/4-te ... 220619.htm
4 terrorists killed in 2 encounters in J-K, search on to nab hiding ultras
Senjo M R, June 19, 2022

Four terrorists were killed in two separate encounters with security forces Sunday in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara and Kulgam districts, the police said.
While two terrorists were killed in Kupwara as many were eliminated in Kulgam, they said, adding some more terrorists are hiding and operation was still underway in both the areas.
One of the terrorists killed in the Kupwara encounter was identified as a Pakistani affiliated with the proscribed Lashkar-e-Tayiba, they said, adding the identity of the second was being ascertained.
The police said the Kupwara encounter started after the forces launched a operation in Lolab area of the north Kashmir on the instance of an arrested terrorist, Showket Ahmed Sheikh.
During the search of the hideouts, the hiding terrorists fired upon the force personnel who retaliated, in which one terrorist was killed, the Kashmir zone police said on Twitter.
Gautam
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

https://www.dailyexcelsior.com/after-jk ... f-leaders/
After J&K, Ladakh also gears up for G-20 meetings, visits of leaders
excerpts
Official sources, however, told the Excelsior that either some meetings could be held in the Union Territory of Ladakh, which was part of erstwhile State of Jammu and Kashmir till August 5, 2019, or some leaders of G-20 Summit could visit Leh and Kargil and for this, the UT Administration today nominated two senior officers as Nodal Officers.
“Recently, China had opposed India’s move to hold G-20 Summit in Jammu and Kashmir. The Central Government’s move to either hold some of the meetings or arrange visits of G-20 leaders to Ladakh is being seen as major snub to China,” sources said.

Indian and Chinese militaries are involved in major standoff for over two years now in Eastern Ladakh. While disengagement has taken place from some of the areas, the troops of two countries remained in eyeball-to-eyeball position at other places.
The Nodal Officers nominated by the Union Territory of Ladakh administration include Saugat Biswas, Commissioner/ Secretary, Industries and Commerce Department-cum-Divisional Commissioner of Ladakh and Sheikh Junaid Mehmood, DIG Leh-Kargil Range.
Biswas will be Nodal Officer/Overall Coordinator at the Union Territory level.
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

madhu wrote:
yensoy wrote: As for the reference "it comes from India" I won't take it so personally - the geographical reality is that pretty much everything which isn't local has to make its way via one road so they really don't care whether it comes from Punjab, Kerala or Mizoram - in their mind it has to be trucked in, so "it comes from India".
my English is bad so i am asking you straight. do we say "coconuts comes from India" or "coconuts are imported from India? i was hurt when they use the word like "Import and export to India". normally i use to use the words like "we get it from" or "purchase it from"

i did speak to some common people, they refer buran wani as "shaheed". how will you integrate Hindus in such society?
I think the plan is to like someone said, multi generational. Coming from a multi religious family myself, the one god syndrome punctuated by extreme violence is a virus.

I think for me at least, understanding of our civilization awakened the need for me to be proud of myself. Changing the books, small signs like Jai Hind on the planes, movies over time will I think inculcate some pride.
On my last trip to india last year, I see at least in the south [Chennai and Kerala] a lot of jingoism among the younger populace.

Also Madhu, thanks for the detailed trip summary. very eye opening.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/army ... 220811.htm
3 soldiers killed in attack on army camp as fidayeen return to J-K after 3 years
Utkarsh Mishra, August 11, 2022

Two terrorists carried out a fidayeen attack on an Army camp in Jammu's Rajouri district in the early hours of Thursday, killing three soldiers. Both attackers were gunned down in the four-hour firefight that followed.
"In the early hours on Thursday, alert sentries of the Indian Army post at Parghal, in Rajouri district detected suspicious persons approaching their post taking advantage of the inclement weather and dense foliage," PRO (defence) Jammu Lt Col Devender Anand said.
He said the sentries challenged the two terrorists who lobbed grenades while attempting to gain entry inside the post. However, alert troops cordoned the area and engaged them in a firefight thereby pinning them, he said.
Anand further said in the ensuing gunfight, the two terrorists were neutralised. Six soldiers of Indian Army were injured in the operation and of them, three bravehearts succumbed to injuries while repulsing the suicide attack, he said.
The army personnel killed were subedar Rajendra Prasad (of Maligoven village in Rajasthan's Jhunjhunu district), rifleman Lakshmanan D (of T Pudupatti village in Madurai district of Tamil Nadu) and rifleman Manoj Kumar (of Shahjahanpur village in Haryana's Faridabad), he said.
The attack, which came four days ahead of Independence Day, marks the return of fidayeen (suicide attackers) to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir after more than three years.
The last such attack took place on February 14, 2019, at Lethpora in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, in which 40 CRPF personnel were killed.
In Thursday's attack, the two fidayeen, believed to be from the banned Jaish-e-Mohammed, tried to sneak into the camp but were neutralised, Director General of Police Dilbag Singh told PTI.
Gautam
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

g.sarkar wrote:https://www.rediff.com/news/report/army ... 220811.htm
3 soldiers killed in attack on army camp as fidayeen return to J-K after 3 years
Utkarsh Mishra, August 11, 2022

Two terrorists carried out a fidayeen attack on an Army camp in Jammu's Rajouri district in the early hours of Thursday, killing three soldiers. Both attackers were gunned down in the four-hour firefight that followed.
"In the early hours on Thursday, alert sentries of the Indian Army post at Parghal, in Rajouri district detected suspicious persons approaching their post taking advantage of the inclement weather and dense foliage," PRO (defence) Jammu Lt Col Devender Anand said.
Not sure why we keep giving them the luxury of a ceasefire when we should be squeezing them further in their economic crisis and not giving them a pressure release. And of course the terror and infiltration never stopped.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

The bridge and deck structure for the rail link over the Chenab (highest rail bridge in the world) is now complete.
https://twitter.com/AshwiniVaishnaw/sta ... On1aArAAAA
Video in the above tweet.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Another set of 4 big terror sympathizers being weeded out slowly from govt jobs.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 537598.cms

Syed Abdul Mueed Son of Syed Salahuddin of the Hizb fame has been removed from his post of IT manager from J&K Entrepreneurship Development Institute. His two other sons are already sacked and in jail waiting charges. This one was first appointed on contractual basis and then converted into permanent one contravening rules. There have been 3 attacks on the institute where he was working since 2019 and govt sources believe he has given logistic support and targets.

The second "nayab heera" is Assabah Arzoom Khan who is known as the wife of "Bitta Karate". She was working for Sher E kashmir University since 2003 and is allegedly have gotten her current job through back door provisions. She is supposed to have traveled to Germany, UK, Helsinki, Sri Lanka Thailand and seems to have always come back through Bangladesh and Nepal acting as courier for JKLF by bringing in funds in person.

Muheet Ahmed Bhat is a prof working as a "scientist" in Computer Department and was Kashmir Union Teachers Association (KUTA) executive who organized stone pelting using students by distributing money. KUTA is registered as a society so escaped scrutiny so far legally.

Majid Hussein Qadri was working as assistant professor in the Management Studies and is supposed a hardcore supporter of LeT ideology. He was spokesperson of Let till 2004 untill his arrest and a sniper rifle was found in his possession. He was acquitted later due to lack of evidence. He is said to have provided logistics for the LeT scum.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

venkat_kv wrote: Muheet Ahmed Bhat is a prof working as a "scientist" in Computer Department and was Kashmir Union Teachers Association (KUTA) e
wait KUTA? is it like KUTA as in koota which means battered/beaten or kutta as in dog?
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

ArjunPandit wrote:
venkat_kv wrote: Muheet Ahmed Bhat is a prof working as a "scientist" in Computer Department and was Kashmir Union Teachers Association (KUTA) e
wait KUTA? is it like KUTA as in koota which means battered/beaten or kutta as in dog?
Arjun Pandit Saar,
Can't put anything past momeen, like their cousin from across the border they seem to have come up with names KUTA,(as in koota) LAWDA (albeit this name has since changed). Can't be far from their brothers from naming conventions like PISS, PAAP. So we can only chuckle for now.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Another important announcement from Kashmir.

The govt has brought changes to the election voting to Jammu and Kashmir where a resident living for atleast 6 months can register to vote in J&K opening segment of Armed forces, students and migrant workers living for more than 6 months to vote in local J&K elections. The earlier method of the PRC to determine the voter of Kashmir which was framed by the valley pasand politicos has gone out the window.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/a ... 2022-08-19

The usual rudaalis from Muftis and Abdullahs seem to point that it will hurt them. The J&K elections commision list about people above 18 as 98 lakhs but registered voters as 76Lakhs. So we are looking to atleast 22 lakhs of "potential voters" to be added in the electoral rolls. The electoral rolls had 66 lakhs in 2011 and increased to 76 lakhs by 2019 and are being revised further.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 677888.cms

https://www.opindia.com/2022/08/dipr-di ... al-voters/

The usual suspects are bleating along with the international media from Al-jeera, DW and from our own country the rNDTV. I expect legal challenges to this initially and then slinking away once they have lost it. In the meanwhile they will try to target innocents in the valley to showcase that they still have influence left.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

The legal challenges are meaningless. If you move from Rajasthan to Kerala, you get to vote in Kerala.

Nevertheless I am sure some busybodies will quote Massa constitution and UN resolutions in their court case.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

^^^^
Anujan Saar,
A lot of meaningless PIL do gets filed and sometimes also entertained by Apex courts. A challenge could hypothetically be filed so as to stoke/calm their egos and then clamor that institutions are under eebil Mudi when they are stuck down. I am looking at Prashanth Bhushan and zero loss Sibal to be at the forfront of this filing.

Being an Indian, people should be able to vote anywhere provided they have followed the laws, but that didn't stop Al-Jeera, DW and rNDTV to put alarmist headlines and try to further the yindoo fascist propaganda and poor muzzies under attack.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

venkat_kv wrote:I expect legal challenges to this initially and then slinking away once they have lost it. In the meanwhile they will try to target innocents in the valley to showcase that they still have influence left.
If the changes in J&K voting procedure is in sync with the procedure followed in other places in India the no PIL will save the Kashmiri Jehadi sympathisers. As per news reports, for a voter "Enrollment only at ordinary place of residence". The moot point here is how 'ordinary place' is determined. If the yard stick is the same as rest of India, then the new rule in J&K will stick.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

these are slow but very important changes to undo the damage of decades some slow but solid positive movement...
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/pak- ... 220824.htm
Pak Colonel paid Rs 30k to attack Indian Army: Captured terrorist
Hemant Waje, August 25, 2022

A Pakistani terrorist, who was captured in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, was paid Rs 30,000 by a colonel of Pakistan intelligence agency to attack the Indian Army post, officials said on Wednesday.
Thirty-two-year-old Tabarak Hussain, a resident of Sabzkot village of Kotli in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, was arrested in Naushera sector on Sunday after his accomplices abandoned him and fled back after being intercepted by the alert Indian troops.
This was for the second time in the past six years that Hussain, who also worked for an intelligence unit of the Pakistani army, was arrested while trying to infiltrate into this side from across the border, the officials said.
The Army's 80 Infantry Brigade Commander, Brigadier Kapil Rana, said on August 21, in the morning hours alert soldiers deployed in Jhangar spotted movement of two to three terrorists from across the LoC.
“One terrorist came close to the Indian post and tried cutting the fence, when he was challenged by alert sentries. The terrorist trying to flee, however, was brought down by effective fire, incapacitating him,” he said.
He said two terrorists who were hiding behind, fled the area by taking cover of dense forest and broken ground. “The injured Pakistani terrorist was captured alive and provided with immediate medical aid and lifesaving surgery was carried out.”
Brigadier Rana said the captured terrorist revealed his identity as Hussain, a resident of Sabzkot village of Koti in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
“On further interrogation, the terrorist confessed about their plan to attack the Indian Army post. Hussain revealed that he was sent by a colonel of Pakistan intelligence agency named Col Yunus Chaudhry who had paid him Rs 30,000 (Pakistani currency).
As per the officials, his hair of private parts was found shaved, which is being done by terrorists when on a suicide mission as seen in the past.
Gautam
30,000 Pakistani is kind of low in my humble opinion. But the supply must be high and the demand low such jobs, I guess.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

This was for the second time in the past six years that Hussain, who also worked for an intelligence unit of the Pakistani army, was arrested while trying to infiltrate into this side from across the border, the officials said.
Great. Release him after one year this time too, so that he can be arrested a third time while trying to infiltrate again. Keep releasing him till he succeeds.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

sanjayc wrote:
Great. Release him after one year this time too, so that he can be arrested a third time while trying to infiltrate again. Keep releasing him till he succeeds.
Maybe it's a Chankian way to bankrupt the ISI.. keep sending the dumb incompetent zombie back until the ISI administrative accounts guys catch on and tell the field operations command that he will be more useful as a live soosai-bum demo for the new recruits..
g.sarkar wrote:Gautam
30,000 Pakistani is kind of low in my humble opinion. But the supply must be high and the demand low such jobs, I guess.
Do the parents of these jihadis get some 'pension'... like the parents of terrorists of J&K guys used to.. or were at least promised
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

^ Most likely. Or the parents/relatives will be under threat of harm if the person does not perform.

Given that 30000PKR is only 10000INR, something like that must be the case. Or else the border forces can just post help wanted ads on the border to tempt them to make that money doing odd jobs.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Given his track record, he is probably lying.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Farooq Abdullah Walks Out Of Navika Kumar's Show When Asked About Kashmiri Pandits

Gautam
I would run too, if my testimonials are squeezed that hard. Their game is now finally over, you can run but you can not hide.
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

What a slimy old crook. Should be hung by his testimonials as well.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

^^^^ Hats off to Navika Kumar