J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
yensoy
BRFite
Posts: 1387
Joined: 29 May 2002 11:31
Location: USA

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby yensoy » 13 Aug 2019 18:00

Primus wrote:Our local chapter had a meeting with him this past weekend and 'corrected' his misconceptions. Politicians will always respond to a threat of withdrawal of votes and financial support.


Thank you very much!! We talk a lot here on BRF, but at the end of the day actions are what matter most :D

Amber G.
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6404
Joined: 17 Dec 2002 12:31
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Amber G. » 13 Aug 2019 18:11

New York Congressman issues public apology: <dup post rest deleted>
Last edited by Amber G. on 13 Aug 2019 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

Bart S
BRFite
Posts: 1835
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 00:03

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Bart S » 13 Aug 2019 18:13

Karan M wrote:Menaka Guruswamy, the lawyer representing "Congress activist" Tehseen Poonawala.

Daughter of Mohan Guruswamy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menaka_Guruswamy

Also:
https://qrius.com/the-menaka-guruswamy- ... d-in-2019/

Quite an interesting ecosystem.

Admin note: No crass comments please.


Actually I don't mind this legal challenge, that the Supreme Court as well handled promptly and fairly. Whatever the intentions, it was in line with the Indian Constitution and Judicial/Legal system. Way better than the likes of Chidumbaram and Jihadi Azad ranting and spouting lines that would make #GoebbelsGhafoor blush, which are promptly given publicity internationally by Pa_i handles.

Pa_i because a letter went missing on 5th Aug. :wink:

Suresh S
BRFite
Posts: 710
Joined: 25 Dec 2008 22:19

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Suresh S » 13 Aug 2019 18:24

I yenjoyed that last line from Bartji :rotfl:

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3863
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby vijayk » 13 Aug 2019 19:30

Abhijit Iyer-Mitra
@Iyervval
43 #RUMINT: FS
@VijayGokhaleIFS
ripped into @BBCWorld at the presser & refused to take any questions from them calling them “fabricators”. The rattled BBC guys asked @MEAIndia for a one on one. Hence the request for RAW footage to confirm if they were fed or deliberately spliced



Abhijit Iyer-Mitra
@Iyervval

@BBCWorld & @AJEnglish have yet to give raw footage .... admitting in effect they both went with pre-spliced imaging fed to them - no verification & definitely one sided given they didn’t point out protestor violence, AQ, ISIS & JEM figures/flags

Shiv Aroor
@ShivAroor

Government asks Al Jazeera and BBC for raw video proof of ‘fabricated’ protest video from Srinagar — both have refuted charge of fabrication, but no raw footage released yet, report @vasudha_ET & @rahultripathi. (link: https://m.economictimes.com/news/politi ... 634925.cms) m.economictimes.com/news/politics-…


I am impressed how systematically and patiently the Govt. is working with EJ/Islamist terrorist infested media

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3702
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby KLNMurthy » 13 Aug 2019 20:07

Anujan wrote:
Cain Marko wrote:
Saar, could you point to some detailed sources? Wikichacha didn't help much.


From Tariq Ali's book

Image

Also mentioned in Bruce Riedel's book

PLO formed a special militant wing called Black September, to commemorate the massacre. It was responsible for a lot of hijackings, and what would be called terrorist acts today.

Sanju
BRFite
Posts: 951
Joined: 14 Aug 2005 01:00
Location: North of 49

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Sanju » 13 Aug 2019 20:09

yensoy wrote: <snip>

I remember reading this article when it was published. This fellow is a TFTA Kashmiri and obviously Pakis lapped up his presence and placed him on a pedestal. The experience of a Bangla, Hindu, Bihari or Kerala muslim would have been very different.

Pakis are racist. (We are racist too, but well aware of the fact, and definitely the younger generation is looking at each other differently than the older generation did, so I believe we are progressing towards an aware & equitable society) If you watched Paki TV you would feel that they were all TFTA. The more ashrafi their name is, the more is their racist view towards India. Calling us black baniyas is par for the course; which shouldn't matter to us because some of us are indeed black baniyas, but it's the loading of the term with derision and venom is what makes the pakis pukeworthy.


Well said. As long we are comfortable in our skin and with ourselves, people can call us anything.

Another point that you touched upon regarding the new gen with less baggage than ours is very true, I pray that it stays that way and continues on.

Sanju
BRFite
Posts: 951
Joined: 14 Aug 2005 01:00
Location: North of 49

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Sanju » 13 Aug 2019 20:09

KLNMurthy wrote:<snip>
PLO formed a special militant wing called Black September, to commemorate the massacre. It was responsible for a lot of hijackings, and what would be called terrorist acts today.


They were the ones responsible for Munich.

Sanju
BRFite
Posts: 951
Joined: 14 Aug 2005 01:00
Location: North of 49

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Sanju » 13 Aug 2019 20:10

Primus wrote:<snip>
Our local chapter had a meeting with him this past weekend and 'corrected' his misconceptions. Politicians will always respond to a threat of withdrawal of votes and financial support.


Primus saheb pranaams to you for your effort.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10921
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Aditya_V » 13 Aug 2019 20:28

Sanju wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:<snip>
PLO formed a special militant wing called Black September, to commemorate the massacre. It was responsible for a lot of hijackings, and what would be called terrorist acts today.


They were the ones responsible for Munich.


Which a West Government filled with Ex Nazis allowed to be carried out without saving a single athlete.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/forty-years-after-munich-two-countries-reflect-on-what-went-wrong/

o comment has been issued to date on Der Spiegel’s revelation that Germany failed to properly protect the Israeli delegation despite a tip-off it had received from an informant weeks before the Olympics that Palestinians were planning an attack. Or on the magazine’s report this week that said a senior German diplomat met with Black September’s Abu Youssef, the mastermind behind the Munich attack, mere months after it occurred, to “create a new basis of trust.”

Why would a German official seek to build trust with an arch-terrorist? According to Der Spiegel, Bonn sought to appease Palestinian terrorists to avoid future terrorist attacks on German soil.


That too in a place like Munich, I doubt the Nazi feelings about Jews had disappeared by 1972.

Ashokk
BRFite
Posts: 460
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Ashokk » 13 Aug 2019 21:19

Government contacts Al Jazeera and BBC for their ‘Fabricated’ video on Kashmir
The Government of India contacted international media, such as Al Jazeera and BBC, on Saturday over their "videos on large-scale protests" in Srinagar on Friday morning, telling them that the news was "fabricated" and if they had any evidence to prove the videos were real. The news organisations however have said their videos are "genuine" and they can produce the raw footage if required.

Home ministry officials said they are awaiting a response from the foreign media outlets but so far they have not been able to produce videos. "All of them are referring to BBC Urdu videos and so far unable to produce the raw footage," a home ministry official confirmed adding that MEA officials have been roped in to ensure than unverified videos from valley is not uploaded by any foreign media outlets.

williams
BRFite
Posts: 349
Joined: 21 Jun 2006 20:55

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby williams » 13 Aug 2019 21:23

Ashokk wrote:Government contacts Al Jazeera and BBC for their ‘Fabricated’ video on Kashmir
The Government of India contacted international media, such as Al Jazeera and BBC, on Saturday over their "videos on large-scale protests" in Srinagar on Friday morning, telling them that the news was "fabricated" and if they had any evidence to prove the videos were real. The news organisations however have said their videos are "genuine" and they can produce the raw footage if required.

Home ministry officials said they are awaiting a response from the foreign media outlets but so far they have not been able to produce videos. "All of them are referring to BBC Urdu videos and so far unable to produce the raw footage," a home ministry official confirmed adding that MEA officials have been roped in to ensure than unverified videos from valley is not uploaded by any foreign media outlets.


I think we need some new laws on disrupting fake news and use of such news by mainstream media. Maybe there should be an autonomous institution that evaluates all media outlets and rates them based on the amount of fake news they publish.

Ashokk
BRFite
Posts: 460
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Ashokk » 13 Aug 2019 21:32

Global investors' summit to be held in Srinagar from October 12
JAMMU: Jammu and Kashmir administration will host a three-day global investors summit from October 12 in Srinagar.
The summit will provide J&K an opportunity to showcase its strengths, strategies and potential, Principal Secretary Industries Naveen Choudhary told reporters here. It will also provide an opportunity to allay fears and apprehensions in the minds of outside trade and business community, he added.

CRamS
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6346
Joined: 07 Oct 2006 20:54
Contact:

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby CRamS » 13 Aug 2019 21:35

Guru, this might sound like an ignoramus question, but I am still not able to succinctly and in a slam dunk manner explain TSP meltdown post article 370 scrapping. And here is why.

1. If you note, the overt, unabashed TSP proxies in the valley, the harried rats have maintained a 'principle silence'. And its obvious why? They don't give a fig leaf for Indian constitution anyway, so anything done within its 4 walls doesn't bother them. Its irrelevant as far as they are concerned.

2. Now, TSP's position was similar even more strident, 'self determination', 'plebiscite', 'UN resolutions', 'disputed territory' etc. And their strategy was always centered on pigLeT terror in the hope that after bleeding from 10000 cuts, India will cut a deal that gives them the Muslims-dominated Kashmir valley

3. I would have thought that post 370 scrapping, they would have made the usual mockery about Indian actions changing nothing about the 'dispute' and go about their pigLeT debauchery.

4. But seeing their furious melt down means that with 370 in place, it seems to me they had some other ace up their sleeve. What was that which ModiJi had for breakfast and made they start crying so profusely?

5. Is it the obvious explanation, namely, 370 in effect promoted secession, and TSP, along with its KM proxies were expecting to extract something all the lines of MMS-MushRat formula that gives them a huge say in the valley through 'joint soverignty'? And with India given a few dog bones, its investment and other economic goodies that come with it, will suit TSP just fine? And with 370 gone, that dream has evaporated?

6. While #5 above does explain TSP melt down to a certain extent, I still feel that there was a shocker beyond that. What is it?

vinod
BRFite
Posts: 661
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby vinod » 13 Aug 2019 21:44

The whole infrastructure built with various proxies, all brought to nothing with a single stroke.

Now only, few jihadis left to do something and political umbrella, influence.. all gone! poof!!

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3863
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby vijayk » 13 Aug 2019 21:45

Right now with most countries and UN ignoring, it has been left to the terrorist EJ/Jihadi/Left/BBC/CNN/NYT/WaPo/Alzazeera networks to stoke the flames of Islamist violence to hurt India. They are blackmailing Indian traitors to come forward and press the case of Pakis in India. Otherwise, they will be exposed like Shoba De. I see more and more articles from likes Coupta/Nitin Pai/BDutt asking the protests to be allowed

VikramA
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 90
Joined: 29 Aug 2018 15:41

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby VikramA » 13 Aug 2019 21:52

CRamS wrote:Guru, this might sound like an ignoramus question, but I am still not able to succinctly and in a slam dunk manner explain TSP meltdown post article 370 scrapping. And here is why.

1. If you note, the overt, unabashed TSP proxies in the valley, the harried rats have maintained a 'principle silence'. And its obvious why? They don't give a fig leaf for Indian constitution anyway, so anything done within its 4 walls doesn't bother them. Its irrelevant as far as they are concerned.

2. Now, TSP's position was similar even more strident, 'self determination', 'plebiscite', 'UN resolutions', 'disputed territory' etc. And their strategy was always centered on pigLeT terror in the hope that after bleeding from 10000 cuts, India will cut a deal that gives them the Muslims-dominated Kashmir valley

3. I would have thought that post 370 scrapping, they would have made the usual mockery about Indian actions changing nothing about the 'dispute' and go about their pigLeT debauchery.

4. But seeing their furious melt down means that with 370 in place, it seems to me they had some other ace up their sleeve. What was that which ModiJi had for breakfast and made they start crying so profusely?

5. Is it the obvious explanation, namely, 370 in effect promoted secession, and TSP, along with its KM proxies were expecting to extract something all the lines of MMS-MushRat formula that gives them a huge say in the valley through 'joint soverignty'? And with India given a few dog bones, its investment and other economic goodies that come with it, will suit TSP just fine? And with 370 gone, that dream has evaporated?

6. While #5 above does explain TSP melt down to a certain extent, I still feel that there was a shocker beyond that. What is it?




1. Its psychological shock. For 72 years the public discourse in their country has revolved around Kashmir. It gave them legitimacy to engage with a country they can never compete with.

2. As long as the special status remained there was a chance that a face saver agreement like the mushy four point formula could be reached. That is not an option anymore.

3. Kashmir was a central plank in their 2 nation theory.
4. Loss of leh means india has permanent control over their most important river: indus and also means loss of easier and safer route to connect china

williams
BRFite
Posts: 349
Joined: 21 Jun 2006 20:55

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby williams » 13 Aug 2019 21:54

I think it is all about who controls the law enforcement and finances. Before 370, the state-controlled it and that let many Jihadis to have their way. Now center controls it and the door is shut for multi-faceted covert operations by bankrupt Pakis. All that is left now is overt operations and Pakis don't have the capacity to do it even after Uncle sams support. Pakis are also burning because they neglected all sorts of development and put all their capacity on Jihad, now they feel that all that is gone waste and they have become beggars doing it.

gunnvant
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 34
Joined: 05 Sep 2017 10:40

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby gunnvant » 13 Aug 2019 21:56

Isn't the remark by J&K Governor on asking Rahul Gandhi to visit kashmir probably a mistake? Now the opposition would want to come and spread their own agenda. I think it was a mis-step, there was no need for the Governor to make that statement. Just saw toi-let and un-hindu trying to portray Raga as a hero. Congoons also did a press conference just now. Hope an opportunity has not been provided here to all the desh-drohis.

schinnas
BRFite
Posts: 1358
Joined: 11 Jun 2009 09:44

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby schinnas » 13 Aug 2019 21:56

Arnab is taking BBC to task for publishing fake news and not upholding journalistic standards by not naming their reporter and cameraman.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11423
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby pankajs » 13 Aug 2019 21:57

vijayk wrote:Right now with most countries and UN ignoring, it has been left to the terrorist EJ/Jihadi/Left/BBC/CNN/NYT/WaPo/Alzazeera networks to stoke the flames of Islamist violence to hurt India. They are blackmailing Indian traitors to come forward and press the case of Pakis in India. Otherwise, they will be exposed like Shoba De. I see more and more articles from likes Coupta/Nitin Pai/BDutt asking the protests to be allowed

One reason why Internet, Phone and TV service is down because they were used to foment, organize and spread mayhem. Bakis/Jihadi would push highly inflammatory messages and CT and create violence and BBC/CNN/AlJazera woudl fan the flames with coverage. And that would create more violence.

One reason why such an embargo was put in place before the GOI showed its hand. One reason why a Jurno rushed to the SC to have media/communication blackout lifted so that mayhem could be instigate and spread and make GOI backoff.

No violence and no push back. If one notices some of the "neutral" statements are truly "neutral". E.g. US statement is something on the lines of "Bla bla bla. India said that it is an internal matter ...bla bla .. bla. Notice the wording "India said" instead of the Russian "we believe".

Make a Yuuuuuuuuuuge difference! US is till playing it safe leaving an opening to reverse course. Bery chatur of the jooyes. Do not underestimate them or anyone else. Do not make the mistake of thinking everything is over. Everyone is in a wait and watch mode. Modi/GOI/India needs to be very careful for the next 6 months to a year.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11423
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby pankajs » 13 Aug 2019 22:04

gunnvant wrote:Isn't the remark by J&K Governor on asking Rahul Gandhi to visit kashmir probably a mistake? Now the opposition would want to come and spread their own agenda. I think it was a mis-step, there was no need for the Governor to make that statement. Just saw toi-let and un-hindu trying to portray Raga as a hero. Congoons also did a press conference just now. Hope an opportunity has not been provided here to all the desh-drohis.

Mistake yes ... but they can be given a "guided" tour like the bakis given viziting foreign jurnos when taking them to poK. There is always a risk of personal safety plus with the heightened tension more so. A "guided" tour would be most appropriate.

Problem with many folks are they are not as disciplined as Modi or Shah.
Last edited by pankajs on 13 Aug 2019 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

vinod
BRFite
Posts: 661
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby vinod » 13 Aug 2019 22:05

I would say make it next 5 years. It will take time for the new system to take root and people adjust to new reality.

At the end of 5 years, no Pakistan should exist to make any claim.

Jihadis will always be there, IA just need to ensure they reach their ultimate destination.

gunnvant
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 34
Joined: 05 Sep 2017 10:40

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby gunnvant » 13 Aug 2019 22:09

pankajs wrote:
gunnvant wrote:Isn't the remark by J&K Governor on asking Rahul Gandhi to visit kashmir probably a mistake? Now the opposition would want to come and spread their own agenda. I think it was a mis-step, there was no need for the Governor to make that statement. Just saw toi-let and un-hindu trying to portray Raga as a hero. Congoons also did a press conference just now. Hope an opportunity has not been provided here to all the desh-drohis.

Mistake yes ... but they can be given a "guided" tour like the bakis given viziting foreign jurnos when taking them to poK. There is always a risk of personal safety plus with the heightened tension more so. A "guided" tour would be most appropriate.

Problem with many folks are they are not as disciplined as Modi or Shah.


But still the so called intellectuals will want to do "free and independent" tour. The tweet by Pappu already says "need freedom not an aircraft". Unnecessary chatter (of coupta, al-hundi and toi-let) on the way now. Governor's gotten himself into a bit of knot here along with other stakeholders.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11423
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby pankajs » 13 Aug 2019 22:27

The bakis are crying buckets for many reason all rising from the same basic impulse.

1. J&K was a grey area in their mind thus a legitimate area of operation for the Jihadis. Now it is no more a gray area but it is proper Indian territory. An attack on J&K is equivalent to an attack on say Mumbai.

2. Now that the whole of J&K is proper Indian territory the LOC is now the border. By their logic attacking across LOC is not the same as attacking across the International border. Again, an attack on J&K is equivalent to an attack on say Mumbai.

3. By their logic, this event is as epoch making as the partition and the 1971 war. Indian has annexed "legitimate" baki territory hence the loss is very felt bigly.

4. The "annexation" by India was "brazen" hence there are no escape route / face saver for bakistan. They can neither spin the "defeat" away nor can they bluff Modi/India to create some kind of a win-win as was possible with the previous regimes. The loss of H&D infront of the awam is very real.

5. Attacking India is risky with a "belligerent" Modi as well as the sword of FATF hanging over their head. Phulwama type incidents garuntee a Balakot in response. That will only result in more loss of H&D.

They are between a rock and a hard place and don't know what to do hence all the pigs are squealing. They will ultimately weigh the pros and cons of attacking Indian add a bit of tactical brilliance and do some mischief. That is almost a given but for now Modi has pulled their chaddi down and shown that the clown jewels are missing to their awam. This is the ultimate shame of the establishment.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11423
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby pankajs » 13 Aug 2019 22:29

gunnvant wrote:
pankajs wrote:Mistake yes ... but they can be given a "guided" tour like the bakis given viziting foreign jurnos when taking them to poK. There is always a risk of personal safety plus with the heightened tension more so. A "guided" tour would be most appropriate.

Problem with many folks are they are not as disciplined as Modi or Shah.


But still the so called intellectuals will want to do "free and independent" tour. The tweet by Pappu already says "need freedom not an aircraft". Unnecessary chatter (of coupta, al-hundi and toi-let) on the way now. Governor's gotten himself into a bit of knot here along with other stakeholders.

Not with the threat of an impending major terror attack. Anyone remembers the original reason for rushed deployment of an additional 35,000 troops? Bolis simply cannot allow that especially for high profile people and SPG protectees.

Governor invited Rahul and not al-hundi. He can keep his word and give Rahul a "guided tour" of Dal Lake.
Last edited by pankajs on 13 Aug 2019 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

sudeepj
BRFite
Posts: 1657
Joined: 27 Nov 2008 11:25

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby sudeepj » 13 Aug 2019 22:33

vinod wrote:I would say make it next 5 years. It will take time for the new system to take root and people adjust to new reality.

At the end of 5 years, no Pakistan should exist to make any claim.

Jihadis will always be there, IA just need to ensure they reach their ultimate destination.


Mobile internet should definitely be shut for a long time. Let people regain a sense of peace and quiet without having social media nonsense upsetting them.

sudeepj
BRFite
Posts: 1657
Joined: 27 Nov 2008 11:25

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby sudeepj » 13 Aug 2019 22:53

chetak wrote:
Manu wrote:CamS, sorry to break your heart with respect to Unfair Bibi. As I had said, she is a Nagin. This is her "balanced" article on 370. Nauseatingly Equal-Equal. And her love for BJP and equating it to White Supremacist Terror is not going to go unnoticed. She should be ghosted at all future India events. Her Visa should be revoked.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/indias-move-kashmir-unpacking-domestic-and-international-motivations-and-implications


her heart and some other parts are yearning for the pakijabi army and unfortunately, she has been declared as persona non grata by them.

she has been trying her best to climb back into their good graces as well as onto some other paki house furnishings too.

the very best way for her to do that is to diss India.


ehh... she just doesnt like Hindus, which is a very common position across hardline Christians/Whites, and also hardline Christian atheist (which she is). The only Hindu she will like is an ex-Hindu or a Hindu in a museum.

Unfortunately, her priors mean she is not even asking the right questions, so perforce, her conclusions will be incorrect. Best for us to use her to bash the Paki army. Ignore the rest of the bile about Hindu this and that.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11423
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby pankajs » 13 Aug 2019 22:56

^^
Exactly. Use her materials as useful but never become a fan. Test all her uwacha using our indic filters.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3863
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby vijayk » 13 Aug 2019 22:59

Suhasini Haidar Retweeted

Devjyot Ghoshal
@DevjyotGhoshal

#Thread

I wasn't inclined to tweet about #Kashmir, but after seeing the amount of disinformation, I am going to.

I'm back in the newsroom today after a week in Srinagar.

Things are NOT normal.

People are seething. Kashmir is likely a tinderbox waiting for a spark.


Devjyot Ghoshal
@DevjyotGhoshal
Later that evening, we spoke to
@shahfaesal
in his living room.

Since satellite TVs were still working, news had trickled in.

“We might see an eruption when the guard is down."

“People are taking it as an act of humiliation.”

Then, the pelting began

uskumar
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 94
Joined: 24 Aug 2009 23:41

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby uskumar » 13 Aug 2019 23:21

I don't understand all these media people talking of how Kashmir isn't normal now as if it was normal before. It hasn't been since 1989. KM hated india before 370 and are hating India now. Nothing has changed. Government will keep curfew on till such a time when they behave.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11423
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby pankajs » 13 Aug 2019 23:27

https://twitter.com/Khalid_Munir/status ... 4321534981

Khalid Munir @Khalid_Munir

SMQ the FM yesterday made it clear that Pakistanis should not have any hope about Kashmir.
This is a major policy shift
. Announcement should have been made by Prime Minister

Don't fall for the rona-dhona going on right now on Baki channels. The reason-de-ittar will vanish if the baki army surrenders so meekly. I don't expect the baki army to give up even for a moment.

Right now they are caught between a belligerent Modi and FATF sword. Give them time and the jihadi/TSPA mutiny pressure and the baki army survival instinct will overwhelm all others.

Sanju
BRFite
Posts: 951
Joined: 14 Aug 2005 01:00
Location: North of 49

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Sanju » 13 Aug 2019 23:36

Devjyot Ghoshal was at Quartz
Devjyot Ghoshal (@devjyotghoshal) is editor of Quartz India, our partnership with Scroll. Prior to joining in 2014, he spent a year at the Columbia Journalism School as a Fulbright scholar. He cut his teeth with Business Standard, an Indian financial daily, in its Delhi, Kolkata, and Singapore offices, where he worked as a staff reporter and Southeast Asia correspondent. He is passionate about beating deadlines, and Arsenal F.C.



Subsequently joined Reuters India
@DevjyotGhoshal
@Reuters
correspondent covering politics and general news in India.

Views are of my paternal grandmother.

devjyot.ghoshal@tr.com

Manu
BRFite
Posts: 750
Joined: 28 May 2003 11:31

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Manu » 13 Aug 2019 23:38

sudeepj wrote:
chetak wrote:
her heart and some other parts are yearning for the pakijabi army and unfortunately, she has been declared as persona non grata by them.

she has been trying her best to climb back into their good graces as well as onto some other paki house furnishings too.

the very best way for her to do that is to diss India.


ehh... she just doesnt like Hindus, which is a very common position across hardline Christians/Whites, and also hardline Christian atheist (which she is). The only Hindu she will like is an ex-Hindu or a Hindu in a museum.

Unfortunately, her priors mean she is not even asking the right questions, so perforce, her conclusions will be incorrect. Best for us to use her to bash the Paki army. Ignore the rest of the bile about Hindu this and that.


Actually the madness stems from her self-described motivation as an "inter-sectional" Feminist. That's two forms of madness mixed into one. Her derision towards Hindus (men specifically) is off the charts.
(1) "Cowkidars"
(2) "Akhand Bharat" was only real under the British
(3) Hindu practices of Female Infanticide, Dowry Deaths etc.
(4) Balakot had zero effect. No F-16 was downed.
(5) Modi/BJP hatred is off the charts.

I don't recall her ever mentioning the gory details of actual Paki genocides (in the correct sense of the term) in Bangladesh, Baluchistan, and Afghanistan. She uses a lot of equal-equal similar to the American discourse from the 90s. I just think she uses her cover a a liberal (CIA cover story) and in reality she is anything but.

banrjeer
BRFite
Posts: 187
Joined: 21 Dec 2008 14:39

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby banrjeer » 13 Aug 2019 23:46

vijayk wrote:Right now with most countries and UN ignoring, it has been left to the terrorist EJ/Jihadi/Left/BBC/CNN/NYT/WaPo/Alzazeera networks to stoke the flames of Islamist violence to hurt India. They are blackmailing Indian traitors to come forward and press the case of Pakis in India. Otherwise, they will be exposed like Shoba De. I see more and more articles from likes Coupta/Nitin Pai/BDutt asking the protests to be allowed


Protests should be allowed..... and It would be great indeed if time window and location could be choreographed and contained.
Destruction of assets infra around the protest site should be "encouraged", petrol pumps, cars, shops etc.

Then you build and plan a "new Srinagar" where such activities are controlled. Settle the more peaceable folk there. Guess which areas would have have greater value.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52816
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby ramana » 14 Aug 2019 00:16

pankajs, Very good analysis.
Your five points are spot on.

Add the fact Islamists believe in ReConquista.
And that wont happen any more.
Also the K from paKistan is take away.
So no more raisins.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52816
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby ramana » 14 Aug 2019 00:18

Gunnvant, Governor Malik made the offer when conditions are normal. Not right away.
And further it wont be all by himself but as a part of Parliament delegation based on the strength of the elected parties.


Rest later...

sudeepj
BRFite
Posts: 1657
Joined: 27 Nov 2008 11:25

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby sudeepj » 14 Aug 2019 00:53

Manu wrote:
sudeepj wrote:
ehh... she just doesnt like Hindus, which is a very common position across hardline Christians/Whites, and also hardline Christian atheist (which she is). The only Hindu she will like is an ex-Hindu or a Hindu in a museum.

Unfortunately, her priors mean she is not even asking the right questions, so perforce, her conclusions will be incorrect. Best for us to use her to bash the Paki army. Ignore the rest of the bile about Hindu this and that.


Actually the madness stems from her self-described motivation as an "inter-sectional" Feminist. That's two forms of madness mixed into one. Her derision towards Hindus (men specifically) is off the charts.
(1) "Cowkidars"
(2) "Akhand Bharat" was only real under the British
(3) Hindu practices of Female Infanticide, Dowry Deaths etc.
(4) Balakot had zero effect. No F-16 was downed.
(5) Modi/BJP hatred is off the charts.

I don't recall her ever mentioning the gory details of actual Paki genocides (in the correct sense of the term) in Bangladesh, Baluchistan, and Afghanistan. She uses a lot of equal-equal similar to the American discourse from the 90s. I just think she uses her cover a a liberal (CIA cover story) and in reality she is anything but.


Your observations are spot on. This perspective is very common among the 'intersectional' type of people/cultural marxists/woke people etc. etc. etc. At some point of time, one needs to stop worrying about someone disliking you and the reasons why they do.. Life is hard enough as it is without trying to change the minds of idiots. In my mind, I have divorced her hindu hatred from her usefulness to beat up PakMil with. Even there, she is not providing any new insights that desis did not already know.. She is simply the first white person to do so. Which, apparently, is a big deal to white think tanks etc.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3863
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby vijayk » 14 Aug 2019 01:20

Image

Neela
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 30 Jul 2004 15:05
Location: Spectator in the dossier diplomacy tennis match

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Postby Neela » 14 Aug 2019 01:29

sudeepj wrote:
Manu wrote:
Actually the madness stems from her self-described motivation as an "inter-sectional" Feminist. That's two forms of madness mixed into one. Her derision towards Hindus (men specifically) is off the charts.
(1) "Cowkidars"
(2) "Akhand Bharat" was only real under the British
(3) Hindu practices of Female Infanticide, Dowry Deaths etc.
(4) Balakot had zero effect. No F-16 was downed.
(5) Modi/BJP hatred is off the charts.

I don't recall her ever mentioning the gory details of actual Paki genocides (in the correct sense of the term) in Bangladesh, Baluchistan, and Afghanistan. She uses a lot of equal-equal similar to the American discourse from the 90s. I just think she uses her cover a a liberal (CIA cover story) and in reality she is anything but.


Your observations are spot on. This perspective is very common among the 'intersectional' type of people/cultural marxists/woke people etc. etc. etc. At some point of time, one needs to stop worrying about someone disliking you and the reasons why they do.. Life is hard enough as it is without trying to change the minds of idiots. In my mind, I have divorced her hindu hatred from her usefulness to beat up PakMil with. Even there, she is not providing any new insights that desis did not already know.. She is simply the first white person to do so. Which, apparently, is a big deal to white think tanks etc.



There are certain unwritten rules in Western academia & society.
When there are issues in non-Western countries esp. Asia, they are systemic issues with the people & culture.
When there are similar issues in Western countries, these are aberrations to an otherwise perfect society.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DrRatnadip, Google [Bot], komal, Varuna and 51 guests