Ram Janmbhoomi Post-SCI Verdict: News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Re: Ram Janmbhoomi Post-SCI Verdict: News and Discussion

Post by darshan »

Why Developing A Ramayana Circuit In Uttarakhand Is Crucial For Rambhakts And India
https://swarajyamag.com/culture/why-dev ... -and-india
The Uttarakhand government has upped its efforts to promote the existing Ramlila traditions under the proposed Ramayana circuit in the state.

The Bhumipujan has culminated at Shri Ram Janmabhumi Mandir in Ayodhya. It is a valid reason and time for Uttarakhand to intensify its plans towards developing the Ramayana-related circuit in the state and to share the Devbhoomi's own celebration of the Ramayana with Ramjanmabhumi Ayodhya.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Why my little Haryana village celebrated Diwali on the 5th of August
https://www.opindia.com/2020/08/why-my- ... of-august/
My roots lie in my ancestral village located in South Haryana. No matter where I go, a flash of memories of the green fields, canopies of trees, chirping of sparrows, synchronized screams of peacocks, my grandmother feeding cows and buffalos have always evoked a magically comforting effect on me. Whenever I call my family members in my village, if I hear the scream of the peacock in the background, I feel as if I have been transported back to my roots.

Late evening on the 5th of August when I made a video call to my 17-year-old cousin residing in my village, I could see several glowing Diyas (earthen lamp) in his house. I asked him the reason for lighting the diyas and he innocently replied “Today Ram Mandir Bhoomi Pujan is there” and thus, every house in the village is lighting at least one diya.” He asked me how many diyas I had lit – one or five?
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

darshan wrote:Why my little Haryana village celebrated Diwali on the 5th of August
My roots lie in my ancestral village located in South Haryana. .................
So resonant with me. My roots are from the same region of Haryana and I agree completely, the sentiments are so true. My brother, my cousins and I still greet each other on the phone or when we meet with 'Ram Ram'. Despite nearly 50 yrs of living in the US in the case of my cousin, this is how it still is. When I call my cousins in India, it is the same.

Can't get India out of the Indian, esp this one :D
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Final map of proposed design of Ram Mandir approved, to accommodate 1 lakh devotees. Read details
https://www.opindia.com/2020/09/ram-man ... d-ayodhya/
The construction work of Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Mandir is gaining momentum in Ayodhya. According to reports, machines have arrived to drill the ground for the base pillars. There will be 1,200 pillars with a depth of 200 feet to provide support to the structure. As per the final design, the temple will be 161 feet tall, and the temple premises will cover 67 acres of the land. The trust has deposited Rs 2.11 crore as development charges, maintenance fees, and labour cess to ADA. ADA has approved the site as religious/fair ground, orchard, spiritual ground, and tourist residence.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I have some observations regarding the new proposed Ram Mandir at Ayodhya:

The announced design, from a historic & temple architectures perspective, seems to be quite different from temples of the Uttar Pradesh & Bihar region, and much more closely reflects the architectural style of Gujarat, for ex: Somnath temple. Not surprising, since the architect is said to be Chandrakant bhai Sompura, who is from Gujarat.

While the proposed design is quite imposing, personally, I would have loved to see historical temple designs from Ayodhya/UP/BIhar region reflected in the design of the new Ram Mandir, instead of making it just a bigger, grander version of existing temples in Gujarat and elsewhere.

It would be nice to build a "prakaram" around the temple with different entry gates designed in various styles coming from different regions of India as a reflection of the pan-indian worship of Lord Rama. Not much info besides the images of the temple edifice itself.

The new Ayodhya Ram Mandir has the potential to be the next Tirupathi in terms of number of devotees visiting every year and in peak times like Rama Navami. I hope ADA have studied how TTD manages the devotee flows and maintains the whole temple town to keep Tirumala clean, green and efficient. ADA should aim to do even better, and that starts by planning and developing a lot of infrastructure and admin capabilities. The temple edifice is but one part of a "theertha kshetra".

There is hardly any info or details on the official site https://srjbtkshetra.org

If members know more about these aspects re: Ayodhya, please do share.

I've never been to Ayodhya, but would love to go in the future.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

The trust for sure has been lacking on many fronts. Especially on having an effective presence on internet and not getting any venue opened up for NRI donations. It's not only mandir construction but building of relationship for generations that they also need to think about.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

On PM Modi’s birthday, Rath Yatra carrying 613 Kg bell inscribed with ‘Jai Shree Ram’ flagged off, to go from Rameswaram to Ayodhya
https://www.opindia.com/2020/09/rath-ya ... o-ayodhya/
With the commencement of the construction of the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, the Hindu devotees of Lord Ram, along with the BJP members, embarked upon a new Rath Yatra, this time from the southern holy city of Rameswaram to the temple town Ayodhya, said a report published in RSS affiliate ‘The Organiser’. The Rath Yatra was flagged off on September 17, coinciding with the birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

The ‘Rath Yatra’ will be different in a sense that it would be carrying a Bronze bell emblazoned with “Jai Shri Ram” and weighing around 613 kilograms. It will also be carrying idols of Lord Ram, Sita, Lakshaman, Hanuman to the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Time we stopped using the word "idol." It is a pejorative word used by missionaries to describe sacred images of polytheists and people practicing free-thinking spirituality. Rajiv Malhotra has called it a non-translatable word. Hence we should start using the word "moorti" rather than idol. Why translate this sacred word to something profane (idol)?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Many such corrections are needed from Bhagwan to Mandir.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

‘Grand Bell’ Weighing 613 Kg For Ram Mandir Arrives In Ayodhya From Rameswaram
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/grand-bel ... rameswaram
A Ram Rath Yatra, that wheeled off from Tamil Nadu's Rameswaram on September 17, reached Ayodhya on Wednesday along with a gigantic bell weighing over 600 kg that would be installed at Ram temple.

The Yatra was organised by Chennai-based 'Legal Rights Council'. The 'Grand Bell' is 4.1 feet tall and has "Jai Sri Ram" embossed on it.

When the 613 kg bell would be rung, the sound would be heard within the periphery of 10 km of the temple town. Also, the sound of the bell will echo 'Om', Raj Laxmi Maada, who drove the Ram Rath all the way from Rameswaram to Ayodhya, a distance of 4,500 km spanning 10 states, told IANS.

The Ram Rath also carried idols of Lord Ram, his wife Sita, brother Lakshman, Lord Ganesha and Lord Hanuman, made of bronze.

Raj Laxmi, who also holds a world record of pulling 9.5 tonnes of weight, is popularly known as Bullet Rani.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Idols. In fact Hindus need to to adopt the thinking behind this usage.

They need to embrace the term and extend it to include the crucifix and the cross. Idols.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

Why do we have english on the bell!!!! It should have been in sanskrit.!!!!!!
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

V_Raman wrote:Why do we have english on the bell!!!! It should have been in sanskrit.!!!!!!
Good catch. At the very least, it should have been in Tamil.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

darshan wrote:Final map of proposed design of Ram Mandir approved, to accommodate 1 lakh devotees. Read details
https://www.opindia.com/2020/09/ram-man ... d-ayodhya/
The construction work of Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Mandir is gaining momentum in Ayodhya. According to reports, machines have arrived to drill the ground for the base pillars. There will be 1,200 pillars with a depth of 200 feet to provide support to the structure. As per the final design, the temple will be 161 feet tall, and the temple premises will cover 67 acres of the land. The trust has deposited Rs 2.11 crore as development charges, maintenance fees, and labour cess to ADA. ADA has approved the site as religious/fair ground, orchard, spiritual ground, and tourist residence.

The 100 000 people limit may be a bit less. It is more then Tirupati Balaji 70K per day. However with the growing prosperity in India, it may be a bit to less. Hopefully they have good logistics, food and accommodation for 100 000 visitors per day.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Doordarshan Begins Live Telecast Of Ayodhya's Iconic Ram Leela Event
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/doordarsh ... eela-event

The national broadcaster Doordarshan has begun live telecast the Ayodhya's iconic Ram Leela as per a press release issued by the Information Department of the Uttar Pradesh, reports Livemint.

The live streaming of the dramatic enactment of the life of Lord Ram has been organised in a collaboration with the tourism and cultural department of the Uttar Pradesh Government. It was launched by Tourism, Culture, Religious Affairs Minister of Uttar Pradesh Neelkanth Tiwari and Bharatiya Janata Party MP Pravesh Sahib Singh Verma.

The Ram Leela event has begun with the first day of the Navratri festivities, and it shall go on from 17 October (yesterday) to 25 October. The live streaming of the same had begun yesterday not just on Doordarshan, but also on YouTube.

The live telecast of the Ram Leela event is streamed on both the platforms, DD National and YouTube from 7 pm onward.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

After 500 years, Lord Ram’s Janmabhoomi lights up on Diwali: Yogi govt illuminate Ayodhya with 6,06,569 diyas
https://www.opindia.com/2020/11/yogi-ad ... n-ayodhya/
This year’s celebrations are exceptional since it is the first after the Supreme Court in a historic judgement gave its consent for the construction of the Ram Mandir, ending a dispute spanning centuries. Uttar Pradesh Tourism Minister Neelkanth Tiwari said that this would be the first time when Deepotsav would be held at the Ram Janmabhoomi in Ayodhya, “an event that has been pending for the last 500 years”.
More than 100 workers dedicated to the preparation of 11 tableaus. This year 5.51 lakh earthen lamps would be lit at Ram ki Paidi ghats.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

darshan wrote:
After 500 years, Lord Ram’s Janmabhoomi lights up on Diwali: Yogi govt illuminate Ayodhya with 6,06,569 diyas
https://www.opindia.com/2020/11/yogi-ad ... n-ayodhya/
This year’s celebrations are exceptional since it is the first after the Supreme Court in a historic judgement gave its consent for the construction of the Ram Mandir, ending a dispute spanning centuries. Uttar Pradesh Tourism Minister Neelkanth Tiwari said that this would be the first time when Deepotsav would be held at the Ram Janmabhoomi in Ayodhya, “an event that has been pending for the last 500 years”.
More than 100 workers dedicated to the preparation of 11 tableaus. This year 5.51 lakh earthen lamps would be lit at Ram ki Paidi ghats.

KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

darshan wrote:
V_Raman wrote:Why do we have english on the bell!!!! It should have been in sanskrit.!!!!!!
Good catch. At the very least, it should have been in Tamil.
Ideally in all Indian official languages starting with Sanskrit.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

KJo wrote:
darshan wrote: Good catch. At the very least, it should have been in Tamil.
Maybe for tourist types?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cain Marko wrote:
KJo wrote:
Maybe for tourist types?

we got back Ayodhya after hundreds of years, and it's for the tourist types.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

chetak wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: Maybe for tourist types?
we got back Ayodhya after hundreds of years, and it's for the tourist types.
I thought that was the plan - have tons of visitors, some kind of Ramayana circuit? They are probly planning for a huge interest from overseas including SE Asia, Japan, and elsewhere.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Does the new Ram Mandir come under the Govt's Endowments Dept ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote:Does the new Ram Mandir come under the Govt's Endowments Dept ?
no.

per wiki
Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra is a trust set up for the construction and management of Shri Ram temple in Ayodhya by the Government of India. The trust has 15 trustees. The central government nominated the 12 of 15 members of the trust. Kesava Parasaran, the former Attorney General who represented Shri Ram Lalla Virajmaan in the Ayodhya Case, was made the chairman[8]. On 19 February 2020, the trust nominated the rest of its members and elected Mahant Nrityagopal Das as the chairman.

many temples are going to court these days to stop govt takeover.

the last case I remember was the ISKON temple in north bangalore where the temple went to the court and prevented the KAR muzrai dept from taking it over.

minister george who was hell bent on grabbing the temple land for the church orchestrated this entire plan and he was stopped dead in his tracks by huge local public resistance and the ISKON temple management.

for all his troubles, the Enforcement Directorate has issued summons to senior Congress leader k j george in connection with possession of illegal properties abroad under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA).

uncle has not shown his face in public for over a year now. :mrgreen:

however, The BJP-ruled government in Uttarakhand has recently enacted the Char Dham Devasthanam Management Act, 2019 — enacted to manage 51 temples in the state, including Kedarnath and Badrinath shrines.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Bell translated to Ghanta in Sanskrit and Maṇi Tamil.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SBajwa wrote:Bell translated to Ghanta in Sanskrit and Maṇi Tamil.
so a village belle would translate as gaon ki ghanti
kedariprasad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kedariprasad »

Primus wrote:
darshan wrote:Why my little Haryana village celebrated Diwali on the 5th of August
My roots lie in my ancestral village located in South Haryana. .................
So resonant with me. My roots are from the same region of Haryana and I agree completely, the sentiments are so true. My brother, my cousins and I still greet each other on the phone or when we meet with 'Ram Ram'. Despite nearly 50 yrs of living in the US in the case of my cousin, this is how it still is. When I call my cousins in India, it is the same.

Can't get India out of the Indian, esp this one :D
How nice to know this. In Maharashtra, we have almost forgotten to say "Ram-Ram.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

I believe that still no FCRA eligible account created by the trust for people living in other nations.
Donation Drive For Ayodhya Ram Mandir Begins, President Ram Nath Kovind Contributes Rs 5 Lakh
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/donation- ... -rs-5-lakh

The donation drive for Ayodhya Ram Mandir construction began on Friday (15 January), with the President Ramnath Kovind contributing Rs 5,00,100 for the construction of the grand Ram temple, reports Hindustan Times.

President Kovind made the contribution after a delegation called on him at Rashtrapati Bhavan. The delegation includes Vishwa Hindu Parishad’s (VHP) international working president Alok Kumar, treasurer of the Ram Janmabhoomi teerth Kshetra trust Govind Dev Giri and former bureaucrat Nripendra Misra the head of the temple construction committee.

Last week, the secretary general of VHP Milind Parande said that VHP’s campaign to collect funds for the construction of Ayodhya Ram Mandir will begin on 14 January starting with contributions from President Ramnath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Hindu religious and other nationalist organizations are planning the biggest outreach to collect funds for the construction of Ram Mandir.

The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) has decided to reach out to five lakh villages and ten crore families for collection of funds for Ram Temple in Ayodhya.

The Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust, the body responsible for building Ram Temple, is conducting a fundraising campaign from 14 January to 27 February.

The trust plans to involve 55 crore family members of 12 crore Hindu families from more than five lakh villages in this initiative.

The construction of the grand temple of Lord Ram at the ancient city of Ayodhya is estimated to cost around Rs 1,100 crore, of which around Rs 300-400 crore will be the cost of building the main temple structure.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

chetak wrote: however, The BJP-ruled government in Uttarakhand has recently enacted the Char Dham Devasthanam Management Act, 2019 — enacted to manage 51 temples in the state, including Kedarnath and Badrinath shrines.
What is the net effect? Have the temples gone from one government authority to another?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

darshan wrote:I believe that still no FCRA eligible account created by the trust for people living in other nations.
My understanding is that FCRA donations are tax exempt. Is it that foreigners can't send money to the trust if they don't care about tax exemptions? What are the rules governing this? If one wants the tax decutions, can't that person donate it to a tax-exempt Hindu entity whose board of trustees pass a resolution to send parts of the proceeds to RJB temple. Is that allowed under the laws of (in my case) the US and India?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Vayutuvan wrote: My understanding is that FCRA donations are tax exempt. Is it that foreigners can't send money to the trust if they don't care about tax exemptions? What are the rules governing this? If one wants the tax decutions, can't that person donate it to a tax-exempt Hindu entity whose board of trustees pass a resolution to send parts of the proceeds to RJB temple. Is that allowed under the laws of (in my case) the US and India?
From what I understand, no. The registration is required to keep things legal for the trust and less to do with tax exemption. For example, Golden Temple just got it few months ago. Any violations on this will be immediately brought over by BIF to the attention of law enforcement and then bureaucracy can and likely will make life miserable for the trust. Though the trust had lot of time in hand to not have already applied for it. Somnath mandir has it. I wonder if the trust even bothered to study boards of other mandirs and consulted them.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

80-year-old woman’s priceless contribution for Ram Mandir construction wins hearts
https://www.opindia.com/2021/01/80-year ... -donation/
A video has surfaced on social media, where a poor old woman is insisting on donating for the Ram Mandir. In the video, the volunteers are seen insisting that she should donate only 10 rupees and not 20 rupees.

నోటమాటరాదు..
కంటనీరొస్తుంది…ఇదిచూస్తే…#రాముడు_అందరివాడు@ImKeshavSoni @iamrachanna @ShriRamTeerth @TSSriRamAbhiyan @kiranmai_rj @Keerthireddybjp @ByreddyShabari @DevineniHamsa @mkdmitra @AbodeOfLakshmi @VHPDigital pic.twitter.com/vkR9VRDjht
— Devika Reddy దేవిక (@devikarabn) January 24, 2021

In the video, the old woman, who is visibly very poor, insists that she will donate 20 rupees. The volunteers try to persuade her that she should keep the other ten rupees note and donate just ten rupees, as she might need it for herself.

But the lady is adamant. She says that it is her money and it is her wish to donate 20 rupees. The volunteers then tell her that they have a coupon for 10 rupees only, probably in the hope that she will agree and keep the other 10 rupees note with her.

But the lady insists to take two coupons. She then tells that her elder son is no more and the volunteers should write one coupon in her name and another in the name of her deceased son.

The heart-touching video, showing the 80-year-old lady’s simple faith, and dedication has gone viral on social media.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

We had a RSS representative who works exclusively with IT coolies in this neck of the neighborhood (Apartments/Gated Communities). Enthusiastic response from the kattar hindoos. They are running short of receipts. The janata is donating money, on top of making online transfer.

I purchased a few receipts as a keepsake memory despite online transfer. To see Prabhu Shri Ram's photo and the temple picture was emotional. The dream of visiting Ayodha will soon become a reality.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

B B Lal is among the Padma Vibhushan awardees.

Meanwhile his wikipedia bio lives in a parallel universe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._B._Lal
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Suraj wrote:B B Lal is among the Padma Vibhushan awardees.

Meanwhile his wikipedia bio lives in a parallel universe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._B._Lal
Wkipedia is dominated by commies/left, especially in India. Any changes made will get wiped in minutes.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

asgkhan wrote:We had a RSS representative who works exclusively with IT coolies in this neck of the neighborhood (Apartments/Gated Communities). Enthusiastic response from the kattar hindoos. They are running short of receipts. The janata is donating money, on top of making online transfer.

I purchased a few receipts as a keepsake memory despite online transfer. To see Prabhu Shri Ram's photo and the temple picture was emotional. The dream of visiting Ayodha will soon become a reality.
heard the same response in Hyd and TG. AP seems to be lagging behind though last I heard VHP activated in every part of the state and RSS+VHP cadre are starting to reach out to villages.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

sivab wrote:
Suraj wrote:B B Lal is among the Padma Vibhushan awardees.

Wkipedia is dominated by commies/left, especially in India. Any changes made will get wiped in minutes.
Great example of how propaganda becomes history.

First some JNU BA fail reporter from Tribune India writes an article about Padma Vibhushan list on Jan 25, 2021.
https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/natio ... ees-203535

And this what is says about BB Lal.
Lal is well known as a Hindu historical revisionist and as former the director general of the ASI, was the first to excavate at the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid site, besides carrying out excavations at the sites associated with the Mahabharata.
Now Banagalore Mirror joins the fun and uses the exact same line for B.B Lal on their article dated Jan 26, 2021.

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com/ ... 459585.cms
Indian archaeologist and Hindutva historical revisionist B.B Lal
Immediately, another JNU jholla chap picks up the dog whistle and updates the Wikipedia article with Hindutva historical revisionist tag.
Salma quotes Sabrina, completes the circle of lie.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Ram temple in 3 years; to cost Rs 1100 crore, says treasurer of Ram Janmabhoomi Tirath Kshetra Nyas

Mumbai: The Ram temple in Ayodhya will be built in around three years and the construction cost of the project will exceed Rs 1100 crore, a prominent functionary of the temple trust has said.

"The main temple will be built in three to three and a half years and will cost Rs 300-400 crore. The expenditure on the development of the entire 70 acre land there will exceed Rs 1100 crore," said Swami Govind Dev Giri Maharaj, treasurer of Ram Janmabhoomi Tirath Kshetra Nyas.

Read full article here.......// Economic Times Link
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... content=23
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Looks like RSS is playing an active role in generating funds for the Ayodhya temple. Saw them on door to door campaign last Sunday (and I contributed what ever I can), and looks like they have got payment slabs based on the income levels of people in the area. Know a gentleman who is a techie but an active RSS cadre, who said that he (and others) have been assigned at least 15 houses/person for door to door campaigning.

This fund raising event can also be a good 'out reach program' for the RSS, and they may be able to get good ground level feedback as well. This can be leveraged in 2024.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

So there is no way to donate from the US then?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Primus wrote:So there is no way to donate from the US then?
I haven't seen the trust apply for fcra registration so not anytime soon. This is only applicable to non Indian citizens. I believe that fcra doesn't apply if you're Indian citizen donating from overseas.

Only somewhat acceptable answer for non indian citizen is to find an Indian citizen to barter with. And, don't say anything I guess. I haven't read all the rules that the trust can be put in trouble for. Someone with knowledge can chime in.

In the end, the trust had plenty of time to get this done but for unknown reasons decided not to apply for fcra registration.