Ram Janmbhoomi Post-SCI Verdict: News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Re: Ram Janmbhoomi Post-SCI Verdict: News and Discussion

Post by KLNMurthy »

darshan wrote:
Suraj wrote:Watching Modi sit there at the center of the Bhumi Pujan made me realize again how much a closer connection he has with the culture of the land than any prior Indian leader. He's familiar with the rituals, norms and cultural knowledge of the country, and can speak about it in a universal language that the entire country can understand and nod along to, as if he's one of them.
Agree. On BRF I had previously mentioned how this separated Modi on ground in GJ from Advani and others. I have personally seen Advani and his security detail just march into inner parts of temples with weapons and many times shoes on. However, nothing like that would be allowed by Modi.
I don't disbelieve you, but I find it hard to believe that Advani's security entered a temple with shoes on. Even Indian Army went in barefoot into Golden Temple during Operation Blue Star.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

I doubt he has a speechwriter . It would take incredible feats of memorization to remember all the detail he discussed extempore . Some people just know the matter enough that speaking is about crafting the major points and then elaborating for a live audience.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

I am breaking forum rules to reply with just a one liner ----> What a fantastic post. WOW! Kudos to You Sir!
Suraj wrote:Watching Modi sit there at the center of the Bhumi Pujan made me realize again how much a closer connection he has with the culture of the land than any prior Indian leader. He's familiar with the rituals, norms and cultural knowledge of the country, and can speak about it in a universal language that the entire country can understand and nod along to, as if he's one of them.

Any prior leader I could see attending this in the following manner - shows up with SPG retinue, does folded hand greeting of the priesthood, then gets ushered to VVVVIP area from where he/she can watch. Maybe a token offering at the ceremony itself, but firm orders given to 'not make it very hard for the boss - send us prior notes on what you'll be chanting so he knows what to do next and doesn't look silly on live camera, even if it's a 10 second ritual'. Not even someone like ABV or PVNR, I can't picture carrying the gravitas of the moment the same way. Definitely not any past or present member of the Never-who clan - it would be clear their presence is to assert 'it's because of me that you can see this. vote for me! Oh btw, this place is being called Indira Gandhi memorial Ram Temple, ok thanks bye bye!'

Not Modi. He's basically sitting there with no protection in sight for several meters, no VVIP dais, no retinue. He's not covered in garlands and doing photo ops, looking like he just stepped out of a helicopter. He's not there for himself. He's not triumphantly positioning himself for the photos with his eyes and mind set on the next election. He's there because he's one of the land's people who have cherished this moment and simply finds himself bestowed upon with, the divine grace of being in charge when 5 centuries of humiliation are being wiped clean at Ayodhya. And he acts accordingly. He did feet on the ground work towards this end more than a generation ago, and was lucky not to get massacred then.

There's nothing about him or his own self interest, in his presence. Rather, he's simply fulfilling his role as a socio-cultural leader performing his duties in a ceremony, as we all do when we have to perform our share of puja duties. During the entire video feed, I rarely saw him as the PM - some elected role, easily handed over to some other guy by similar elections. Rather, he's implicitly the paramount leader - someone people readily view as the guardian of their culture as much as a much more trivial political leader. No one can find themselves elected to the status Modi expressed. To get there requires a familiarity with the culture of the land that takes a lifetime of learning and interaction with the people to appreciate, and the respect of the people who recognize the lifetime of devotion the person has given to learning to lead a culture.

Even TN, the center of the campaign of his political opposition, was overwhelmed by the demand for the live broadcast of the entire ceremony. Youtube was a sight. Those of us far away watching on youtube had several different channels to follow, and some had live comments on. This was completely pointless. Did anyone see how FAST the comments were scrolling ? New responses were coming in at the rate of approx 10/second. If it wasn't for the fact that 99% of it was 'Jai Shree Ram!!' it would be unreadable. Any analytics would probably show these feeds topping their viewership across the board.

Posters who are saying 'Modi looks like Shivaji' are saying something like this. But think deeper - what does that even mean ? Shivaji isn't famous because he was some political leader. He's famous for having guarded and re-established the native culture over the land. That is essentially why I see Modi being so wildly popular. Any other Indian PM was just a political creature, in comparison.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Suraj wrote: ...
That is why when RaGa does his hairdo like his daddy, people laugh at him far more than saying 'awesome, the next PM!' He could do more and wear a saree and bob wig and no one's going to believe he's an iron lady like his grandma - they'll just laugh at him even more.
That's the verbal equivalent of posting a pic of Madame Jilebi (which I had done at least once, out of sheer mischief). Have some consideration for those of us with vivid imagination.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Suraj, wonderful post. Vivid.

KLNM, there was an instance prior to 2014 ascension, that Modiji had responded to Rahul G or someone from the opposition, I am paraphrasing here, "Have practice of talking for the past 40+ years, I can go on and on."

This was extempore, the natural flow of an impeccable mind & with a clear vision of the audience and intended audience. Both the sets, the ones bowing to him and the ones baying for him, got the message. A Master orator & a communicator par excellence. We deserve the Leader that we have.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Suraj wrote:Murthy saar, thanks :) "Family elder" were the exact words I thought of adding in my post - that when he talks, he sounds like a family elder everyone stops to listen to when he speaks his mind openly, and is a role where he'd virtually fit into most Indian families . Now that I think of it, I think his Mann Ki Baat is really such a role where he can muse and share, and quite an enormous number of people follow it, among the lower middle class especially.
Yep he is now THE family elder of every Indian. Especially the young ones. From what I am seeing from social media. Even small kids identify him as grandfather.

And his Mann ki Baat program is listened to many people almost religiously. I had also heard that the facts Mann Ki Baat presents is well researched and extremely important. I think the content/facts (aka success stories of Indians in far off villages) is presented to him by his team and using that he makes his own speech.

And btw wonderful post Suraj.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

What a historic day, and what an amazing leader we have in Modi Ji. Agree completely with what has been said here already. Yet there are those that hate him for just being who he is, a natural born leader who has the greatest following in India of anybody since Gandhi - who I dare say would not have been as popular today, in this information age when every body knows everything.

Ambedkar said it best in his interview to the BBC all those years ago: Gandhi is a saint to the average man because they don't know him. They see only the 'mahatma' because of the external appearance he has put up. I've seen his real fangs.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Sri Parasaran @ Sastra

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

AshishAcharya wrote:Yep he is now THE family elder of every Indian. Especially the young ones. From what I am seeing from social media. Even small kids identify him as grandfather.

And his Mann ki Baat program is listened to many people almost religiously. I had also heard that the facts Mann Ki Baat presents is well researched and extremely important. I think the content/facts (aka success stories of Indians in far off villages) is presented to him by his team and using that he makes his own speech.
Thanks. Apologies in advance for the slight thread derailment - your background interests me in the context of this forum and your post above. You're from the post 1992 generation, correct ? You're a demographic whose voice here is small, but is very significant given that you're a member of the half of population that's under 35; most of us here are over that age.

Would you mind taking time in the politics thread to describe what you see on SM or IRL regarding the political views of your generation, and also how they view Modi in the context of what you said above ? How is that different from their views of (insert anyone else in his age group or older) ? Why do you think they hold this view ?

Thanks in advance. I think your perspective would be very enlightening to the forum in the appropriate thread.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

That is why when RaGa does his hairdo like his daddy, people laugh at him far more than saying 'awesome, the next PM!' He could do more and wear a saree and bob wig and no one's going to believe he's an iron lady like his grandma - they'll just laugh at him even more.
:rotfl: :mrgreen:

He might get desperate enough to try that soon enough. Nice image, now I don't know if I can keep my dinner down :P .

What happened at Times Square? I mean, how and why did the advertiser change their mind and put up the ad? It was a very pleasant surprise when SHQ mentioned that it had happened.

Oh - and -

JAI SHREE RAM!!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

What a day! A half a millenium wait is over to see the Ram Mandir built again.
We are fortunate to have seen in our life time the Reconquista of Babri Masjid and the building of the Ram Mandir 28 years later. I had decided not to spoil the day with any negative thoughts and let many slights go by.
AshishAcharya wrote:
suryag wrote:Modi ji in that beard looks like one of those maha sadhu/sant
I felt he looked a lot like Shivaji. It looked a lot like it was his coronation. And like ancient Rajas he paid his respects to Ram and recognized himself as just a servant/devotee of Shree Ram by laying down in front of him.

And this event today and anything related to RJM later will have long term ramifications. Today Hindus from Kashmir to Kanyakumari watched this. And by the time temple will be ready, Modi/BJP will cement their place in decades to come.
Yes when the priest put the crown on his head I felt he was coronated as the new Chatrapati of Bharat.

Very glad for the 2019 May results. Just one vote has delivered so many dreams of Bharat Rakshak. Its like a template from here is being implemented.
There are many social platforms but BRF is still the oldest and still the most relevant forum.

During the long decade of UPA (mis)rule it was beaccon of hope and aspirations for the Bharat that was India.

#JaiShriRam
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

KLNMurthy wrote:
That's the verbal equivalent of posting a pic of Madame Jilebi (which I had done at least once, out of sheer mischief). Have some consideration for those of us with vivid imagination.
:mrgreen: Be careful what you wish for . The last time I posted the phrase ‘bag the hag’, jrjrao AND kgoan showed up again on the forum after several years, to briefly argue as to who had the better record at seducing Mme Mazari :)
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Since 1947 there have been 15 prime ministers of India. Some have come to Ayodhya, but only Modi has come for darshan at Ram Lalla. Once Ramjanbhoomi is restored, then Bharat will re-enter into an era of greatness. This greatness won't be characterized by wars of conquest, but an era of enlightenment for the whole of humanity.

We are most fortunate to witness this in our lifetimes.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

Suraj, Can I copy your post (and link to it) in my FB feed ? Your post deserves a wider audience than BRF alone. Please revert.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Sure - hopefully you're not referring to the one on RaGa's speculative sartorial choices :)
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

Nope :) I am referring to this
viewtopic.php?p=2452200#p2452200
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Patrick Brauckmann @vonbrauckmann

History will teach among many things, Ram Mandir is the memory of the 60K temples ruined & 80 million Hindu lives taken. While the world's indigenous civilizations were all wiped out by Islamists & Christian colonialists, they couldn't take Hindu Bharat.

#RamMandir is that memory

9:45 AM · Aug 5, 2020
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

Completion of Ram Mandir to coincide with the 2024 Polls ? 32 months is the expected time as per news channels. Completion = Thrown open to public with all support infra also complete.
Asking because there is a real chance that the govt may triumph too early and BIF might take advantage of the short collective memory. Unless ofcourse, they have more aces up their sleeve in the run upto 2024 GE.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Mort Walker wrote:Since 1947 there have been 15 prime ministers of India. Some have come to Ayodhya, but only Modi has come for darshan at Ram Lalla. Once Ramjanbhoomi is restored, then Bharat will re-enter into an era of greatness. This greatness won't be characterized by wars of conquest, but an era of enlightenment for the whole of humanity.

We are most fortunate to witness this in our lifetimes.
Mortji
There is a war coming whether we like it or not and Modiji and India will be a big part of it. :shock:
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

Jai Siya Ram!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Jai Siya Ram!

Looong overdue ... Frankly I never thought it was possible within my lifetime. Hopefully this will signal a turning point for Indic civilization for the better and may it touch new heights with the blessings of Siya Ram.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Today Ram Janmabhoomi Devasthaana

Next up.... Krishna Janmasthaan.

Back in Oct 2017, Dr Swamy was visiting the US and I attended his event. I asked him a question - When will the RJB temple be built. His answer was that he thought it was Aug 2018. It's taken 2 more years than what he thought, but we are there right now!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KJo wrote:Today Ram Janmabhoomi Devasthaana

Next up.... Krishna Janmasthaan.

Back in Oct 2017, Dr Swamy was visiting the US and I attended his event. I asked him a question - When will the RJB temple be built. His answer was that he thought it was Aug 2018. It's taken 2 more years than what he thought, but we are there right now!

no worries.

they are already on it.

Krishna Janmabhoomi Nirman Nyas Set Up In Mathura, To Start Nationwide Campaign For Its Liberation
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The way forward for Mathura etc will require the 1991 Places of Worship Act to be de-notified first. It is easier to accomplish when the political base of the Ayodhya construction is already there.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

this guy is an ass. everytime he opens his mouth he puts both his feet in

erudition in english doesn't always translate to intelligence or even common sense.

needs a stiff kick up his anglicized butt :mrgreen:

also, is it the same UN whose WHO is so corrupted so as to support the slanted chinese narrative on the chinese wuhan virus issue that shampoo boy is talking about

The balance that Modi did not mention are the unwelcome beedi ghuspaitees and the rohingyas, both hot congi favorites.

Shashi Tharoor@ShashiTharoor

PM Modi congratulated 130 crore Indians when he spoke at the RamMandir yesterday. But India's population is estimated at 1,38,00,04,385 in mid-2020, a/c to UN data. An omission of 8 crore people is worrying to many, after CAA/NRC. If inadvertent, a correction would be reassuring.
10:40 PM · Aug 6, 2020
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Suraj wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:
:mrgreen: Be careful what you wish for . The last time I posted the phrase ‘bag the hag’, jrjrao AND kgoan showed up again on the forum after several years, to briefly argue as to who had the better record at seducing Mme Mazari :)
Damn. I know we live in permissive times, but still...
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Suraj wrote: :mrgreen: Be careful what you wish for . The last time I posted the phrase ‘bag the hag’, jrjrao AND kgoan showed up again on the forum after several years, to briefly argue as to who had the better record at seducing Mme Mazari :)
Ahh ...good times :)
I have to proudly say that I have win the weekly contest ONCE, back in 2003 as I recall, but I was no match for the stalwarts jrjrao, Singha and others. :((
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Anybody knows Why Singha is he no longer active on the forum?
BajKhedawal
BRFite

Post by BajKhedawal »

^ I was wondering the same about Yak Herder and Shiv, where's all the oldies gone?

Jay Shree Ram!!! Jay Jay Shree Ram!!!
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

BajKhedawal wrote:^ I was wondering the same about Yak Herder and Shiv, where's all the oldies gone?

Jay Shree Ram!!! Jay Jay Shree Ram!!!
Shiv got into some kind of a Tiff with some of the members here and called it quits a couple of years ago. I still view his stuff on youtube every now and then.

Not sure what happened with Singha, seems he stopped posting here one day and never came back. I came across his youtube channel a few months ago too.

I went away from BR few years ago barring for some occasional gawking at the forums until that AWESOME day on 26th Feb 2019.

Yak Hearder, KJO, JRJ and a few more old timers provided a great deal of insight and entertainment back in the day, a decade ago(has it been that long?)
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

^^ is "Yak hearder" the same as "UlanBatori"? I remember reading their peculiarly funny comments and they were the main reason i started lurking here years ago.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Vips wrote:Anybody knows Why Singha is he no longer active on the forum?
Singha was a frequent poster and spent a lot of time on the forums. I think he changed jobs and his kids are in or getting ready to go to college. Mrs. Singha may have had enough of his time on BRF and told him to leave. I pray he and his family are well. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet him and Mrs. Singha in Delhi nearly a decade ago. A knowledgeable gentleman and wonderful human being.
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

Singha saar left when GDF got shut down. He is pretty active on twitter as @dharmicaeroplate.

The BRF starwarlds including Shiv saar is more active on twitter these days

Updated later: correct id is @daeroplate
Last edited by Sridhar K on 07 Aug 2020 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Sridhar K wrote:Singha saar left when GDF got shut down. He is pretty active on twitter as @dharmicaeroplate.

The BRF starwarlds including Shiv saar is more active on twitter these days.

I searched on twitter, zero results. I was also wondering what happened to Singha-saar as I dont see him post.

Bring back GDF. The glory days will be back again.

All my shenanigans are on Twitter only nowadins.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Countering the left/naxals/pseudo-seculars information warfare is important, but the Ram Janbhoomi restoration shall have evolving events:
1. Once the COVID-19 vaccine comes out, there will be throngs of pilgrims and worshipers to Ayodhya late this year and next.
2. The plans and construction of the 251m Ram statue along Saryu is underway. A $350 million undertaking. This along with the Hanuman statue, about 6m shorter planned for Hampi in Karnatka will give more importance to Ram Janbhoomi. No major political party will openly object.
3. Discussions about Krishna Janmasthan in Mathura and Gyanvapi in Varanasi will come into discussion - these need to be important in the info warfare.
4. Finally, if UCC is introduced as a bill in parliament by 05 AUG 2021. Then another point in the restoration of Bharat will come to fruition.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

UCC and releasing of temples from govt. control are two big items. My pet peeve is the removal of secular from the constitution.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Increased awareness of civilization, what Patel and Ambedkar intended, original constitution covers, Hindu genocide museums, etc. at all this religious places. For example, doing char dham yatra shouldn't be just get in bus, get ripped off here and there, queue up for puja, etc. There should be more. Need to have open parliament debate on many topics. True documentation of historical events about pagan genocides.
rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

asgkhan wrote:
Sridhar K wrote:Singha saar left when GDF got shut down. He is pretty active on twitter as @dharmicaeroplate.

The BRF starwarlds including Shiv saar is more active on twitter these days.

I searched on twitter, zero results. I was also wondering what happened to Singha-saar as I dont see him post.

Bring back GDF. The glory days will be back again.

All my shenanigans are on Twitter only nowadins.
GuruDronacharya urf Singha https://twitter.com/daeroplate?ref_src= ... r%5Eauthor

Shiv urf Hakim https://twitter.com/bennedose?ref_src=t ... r%5Eauthor

Enjoy

JaiShriRam