Terroristan - November 11, 2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - November 11, 2019

Post by SBajwa »

by Vivek K
My ancestral home is 15 km from the border in Batala, District Gurdaspur.
Me too! I am from Batala itself. My grandfather had a house in Batala and agricultural land very close by.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

nam wrote:
Gerard wrote:
Choudhry Rahmat Ali, who actually came up with the name Pakistan, drew a map

According to Khalid Hasan ....
Ah, thank you. This fits in perfectly to what I thought. I expected Delhi to be included and it is.

They have claimed most of the fertile areas. But ignored Rajasthan with it's desert!

Notice how those enclaves in the Center and near UP, Bengal can easily be connected on a later day, by force. Fundamentally cutting off 3/4 of the country..

This delusional map should be made viral, specially to western people on twitter. To explain why Paks are how they are and their dreams.
The Chutiyas have also included parts of Sri Lanka to become a Muslim Country. On what basis? Was there any muslim majority area in Sri Lanka in 1920's or in even 1947?

No wonder the delusional jehadis are canon fodder and die in pieces all over the world.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

SBajwa wrote:
by Vivek K
My ancestral home is 15 km from the border in Batala, District Gurdaspur.
Me too! I am from Batala itself. My grandfather had a house in Batala and agricultural land very close by.
We have family their still. Sekhrian Mohalla. Sekhris were my mamas - Lathe machines and castings. Batala makes some of the best lathe machines.
Baja saha - my email is vivdhruv at gmail.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Vivek K wrote:
Bart S wrote:
Add MMS to the list. Most of these people were born in Pakistan and despite witnessing the horrors of the partition, have some weird longing for Pakistan, even if it comes at the cost of throwing India under the bus.
Sure - the father of India's economic revival must belong in that list, right. The true patriots like VP Singh by killing the economy and bringing India down lower than Pukis are the ones we should worship, right.While we're at it (till the Admins intervene) where would you place Chidambaran - slayer of the Indian economy, to the believers in India or the believers in Pakistan list.

This divisiveness helps no one but India's enemies. This frequent attacks on punjabis must stop. There is no love lost between Indian punjabis and pukistan. My ancestral home is 15 km from the border in Batala, District Gurdaspur. My grandfather was a pioneer in private bus transport and had started Himalaya Bus Service before partition. During partition, his Muslim drivers drove all buses to Pukistan crippling his livelihood forever. HBS never rose to strength again. My maternal grandfather lost everything with partition - from being a rich business owner in Lahore to a refugee overnight in Delhi. But I don't hate Pukistan only because of my personal perspective. Do I yearn for Pakistan - my mother and her family yearned to see their house in Lahore once again. Did they yearn to get Pukistan back - not once did I hear that sentiment. I suspect that is the stuff Pukis put out to take a breather and recover till they can attack again.

So I think that your racism is showing friends - that is the only appropriate word for it. And quite curiously, the Admins seem ok with this flame war and pointless waste of bandwith. Maybe the problem is larger than I thought.
I said nothing of the sort, nor did I attack Punjabis in any way. No offence at all intended to Punjabis or any other patriotic Indians. I was simply pointing out that there is a weakness with *some* people born in Pakistan (MSA is not a Punjabi but was born in Pakistan and included in that list for example). Pakistanis, being the slimy weasels that they are, try to exploit that aspect, and for the younger generation try to exploit other links. You seem to be unnecessarily worked up and imputing motives when there was none. I don't want to go into the many Punjabis who have been at the forefront of holding the evil of Pakistan at bay, simply because the examples would be too numerous and I would not be able to do justice.

However, for the record, I neither consider MMS to be the 'father of India's economic revival' (he was around and played a key role in Indira Gandhi's destruction of the Indian economy in the 70s) nor a steadfast patriot when it came to Pakistan (remember Sharm El Shaikh, no retaliation for 26/11, blaming India for Samjhauta express, the term 'Hindu terror' and associated witch-hunt etc, all of which happened either with his consent or under his watch).
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

sanjaykumar wrote:This is their Lahore. I am told it was more livable before 1947.

Here is a comparable view of Amritsar, note the vehicles and females.

Lahore is their legendary city, Amritsar is just a regional hub. And they are compulsive in their threats to India. Deluded, autistic people.
I was in Bakistan in 2005., You cannot compare with India at any level. It is much more dustier, dirtier, poor and with absolutely no sewage system at all. The greenish water ponds with sewage are everywhere. Road outside of Lahore to Virkgarh (Sheikhupura) to Nankana sahib was totally unpaved (3 hours for 80kms). Very few tractors and I saw people still using cattle to separate wheat out of chaff. Most people (99%men) wore either off-white color salwar kameez or brownish salware kameez. A horrendous experience as Gurudwara Nanakana sahib was locked with people (Sikhs) inside., you had to write up your name in a register and show your passport before you are allowed inside the Gurudwara.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

That’s your choice. I have seen the changes brought in favoring industry first hand by MMS. So I will stick with my version. And I’ve felt the brunt of anti-industry actions by Chidambaram so I will keep to my views.

We can agree to disagree- and remain friends.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Vivek K wrote:That’s your choice. I have seen the changes brought in favoring industry first hand by MMS. So I will stick with my version. And I’ve felt the brunt of anti-industry actions by Chidambaram so I will keep to my views.

We can agree to disagree- and remain friends.
Totally agree on Chidambaram. He and MSA are good illustrations of the fact that anybody in India, regardless of which state/ethnicity they come from, can intentionally or unintentionally further Pakistan's narrative and interests.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I was in Bakistan in 2005., You cannot compare with India at any level. It is much more dustier, dirtier, poor and with absolutely no sewage system at all. The greenish water ponds with sewage are everywhere. Road outside of Lahore to Virkgarh (Sheikhupura) to Nankana sahib was totally unpaved (3 hours for 80kms). Very few tractors and I saw people still using cattle to separate wheat out of chaff. Most people (99%men) wore either off-white color salwar kameez or brownish salware kameez. A horrendous experience as Gurudwara Nanakana sahib was locked with people (Sikhs) inside., you had to write up your name in a register and show your passport before you are allowed inside the Gurudwara.

That is why a picture is worth a thousand words and why nothing beats a first hand report such as yours.

I have been watching the India Pakistan equation for over two decades. Even I had no idea that the average Pakistani is living in India's past. india left this era >30 years ago, certainly the North West and West as well as the South. Even Eastern India may show better human development indices.

Now I understand why they are so eager to cross the border for medical treatment, cricket, the film industry and why the Pakistan rupee buys half an Indian rupee. It also explains why Pakistan needs affirmation by India even if it is through India's opprobrium.

I can't say I feel sorry for them. But perhaps there is some pity.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Vivek K wrote:That’s your choice. I have seen the changes brought in favoring industry first hand by MMS. So I will stick with my version. And I’ve felt the brunt of anti-industry actions by Chidambaram so I will keep to my views.

Well said. I will say MMS was a great finance minister and had the chance to be a very good PM, but was beholden to the Gandhi dynasty and Sonia Gandhi in particular who didn't let him rule the way he needed to. Too much interference by the family ruined the MMS administration from 2004-2014.

There is no pity for the Pakis as they have killed innocent non combatant children and adults in India. There is only one solution that I've advocated for over 20 years on this forum - that is death and dismemberment of Pakistan.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I did some checking on that image of Lahore, it is from an Afghanistan correspondent from 1990.

At any rate even in 1990, Amritsar was more developed than that.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

sanjaykumar wrote: Now I understand why they are so eager to cross the border for medical treatment, cricket, the film industry and why the Pakistan rupee buys half an Indian rupee. It also explains why Pakistan needs affirmation by India even if it is through India's opprobrium.

As i mentioned in the earlier post, it is about the sense of ownership. They feel they are destined to rule over India. The sense of entitlement driven by their elite's view of Mughal conquest. They expect to repeat the same. You ask a Pak, who built Taj Mahal. They will say it was them :rotfl:

That is why, despite being in a hell hole, the Paks will not forget to remind us about our toilets :lol:

Now the narrative is India is victimizing Pakistan, because it is jealous of a superior race :rotfl:
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

nam wrote:
sanjaykumar wrote: Now I understand why they are so eager to cross the border for medical treatment, cricket, the film industry and why the Pakistan rupee buys half an Indian rupee. It also explains why Pakistan needs affirmation by India even if it is through India's opprobrium.

As i mentioned in the earlier post, it is about the sense of ownership. They feel they are destined to rule over India. The sense of entitlement driven by their elite's view of Mughal conquest. They expect to repeat the same. You ask a Pak, who built Taj Mahal. They will say it was them :rotfl:

That is why, despite being in a hell hole, the Paks will not forget to remind us about our toilets :lol:

Now the narrative is India is victimizing Pakistan, because it is jealous of a superior race :rotfl:
Superior but still begging:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 845447.cms :lol: :lol: :lol:
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

^^^^And also they feel that they are due for another round of conquest, looting, raping yada yada!!!
But forget that 4 times in last 70 years they have had 'Bangalore Torpedo' push up their Musharaff!!
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Rsatchi wrote: Superior but still begging:
The fundamental issue is that it is we who see it as begging, whereas the Paki (at all levels) sees it as a just demand which is due to him and being denied to him by the machinations of the evil Kaffirs.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Rsatchi wrote:..
Superior but still begging:
https://twitter.com/rotormagic/status/1 ... 2102740994

Only country that took “Allah ke nam pe de baba”....as a vision statement for the country
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

nam wrote:
sanjaykumar wrote:

On that note, I did an analysis of the 'toilet situation' in Pakistan some days ago, in response to a British Paki who landed up on my timeline. I've titled it "Toilet - Ek (Pakistani) Prem Katha"
Here it is. Feel free to use whenever needed!

Twitter Link
Blog Link
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Pakistan International Airlines flight from Lahore crashes near Karachi airport
Karachi: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight from Lahore to Karachi crashes near Karachi Airport: Pakistan media, reported on Friday.

The flight crashed into a residential area and was carrying 90 passengers. Footage showed smoke rising from the site of the crash, Dawn reported.

"An aircraft of #PIA en route from Lahore to Karachi has reportedly crashed just before landing at Karachi airport," Radio Pakistan reported. The A-320 aircraft crashed near a residential colony near Karachi airport.
James
BRFite

Post by James »

Hmm, it’s the mango season as well. History repeating itself? Will be interesting to see the passenger manifest.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Tragic,when a civvy airliner goes down. No emergency reported.The pilot was asked to go around by ATC.One report said
that there was an explosion and that
the aircraft then crashed into a heavily crowded locality killing at least 9 on the ground.
Perhaps a bird strike with the engine blowing up? We'll have to wait for the black box analysis.
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Pilot informed ATC that he has lost both engines. The exchange with ATC and the mayday call can be heard in the audio recording at 08:50 - 09:20.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

How does one lose *both* engines on an A320? Isn't that extremely rare?
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

Well Capt Sullenberger in Flight 1549 faced exactly that. Rare yes, but has happened multiple times (including the one today)
Last edited by saumitra_j on 22 May 2020 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

One channelxsaid he sent out anxSOS saying it looks like we've lost " the engine". In terminal descent mode at v.low alt.,the loss of an engine could prove fatal. If it " blew up", according toone witness ,the wing flaps,etc. could've also been damaged.

In a highly congested neighbourhood adjoining the aitfield, with heaps of garbage around, bird strikes are v.common.
Why at aerodromes and air bases the no-build zone around the airfield should be a considerable distance away,a few KMs at least. New airports like Bangalore and H' bad are located away from the city and have only air transport/ travel support facilities as part of the entire aviation complex. A few decades ago,an A-320 crashed at BLR, landing before the runway on the KGCA course.

Another report that there was an earlier tech. glitch.

Vclip on a channel shows the aircraft landing a few seconds before the crash, seemingly OK,but the crucial flast few second before the crash ,smoke, are hidden behind buildings. If the pilot said in his SOS that an engine had failed,Witnesses say that both engines appeared to be on fire just before the crash,30 seconds before touchdown.
The good news is that there are some survivors,the CEO of a bank,etc.Miraculous given the visuals.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Sirajuddin Haqqani tests positive for COVID-19 at a Combined Military Hospital in Pakistan. Like I’ve said before, Pakistan army’s Taliban regiment gets all the perks of the service including medical treatment for self and family at army hospitals

https://twitter.com/mazdaki/status/1263 ... 71211?s=20
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

That A320 was a outdated Chinese plane taken on lease from GE few months back. But pakis being pakis will put out conspiracy theories like raaa is behind this crash.
Ownership records for the Airbus A320 showed China Eastern Airlines flew the plane from 2004 until 2014. The plane then entered PIA’s fleet, leased from GE Capital Aviation Services.
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Passenger on another flight to KHI filmed the crash site on their approach -

https://twitter.com/ascetic_22/status/1 ... 0077485057
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

‘Factually incorrect’: Maldives shoots down Pakistan’s attempt to target India on Islamophobia at IOC meet.
The Maldives halted Pakistan's attempt to target India on Islamophobia at a meeting of the Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC) on Friday.

Ambassador Thilmeeza Hussain, the Permanent Representative of the Maldives in New York at the OIC meet said, singling out India, which the largest democracy in the world and multicultural society and home to over 200 million Muslims, alleging Islamophobia would be factually incorrect.

"Maldives cannot support any action within the OIC, that singles-out or targets New Delhi," Ambassador Hussain said at the virtual meet of the 57-member grouping.

Hussain stated that isolated statements by "motivated people" and disinformation campaigns on social media should not be construed as representative of the feelings of 1.3 billion. Therefore, the Maldives cannot support any action within the GIG, that singles-out or targets India.

Maldives also stressed that India has forged strong alliances with some of the most powerful OIC members such as Saudi Arabia, UAE, Afghanistan, Palestine, and Mauritius.Hussain said the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been conferred with the highest civilians honour of their lands.
The world has seen an alarming rise in the culture of hatred, prejudice and racism. Violence has been exploited as a tool to promote political and other ideologies/ agendas," she said. (Pakis being reminded by Maldives that their abbujaan are now with Modi :D )

“The Maldives stands firmly against such actions anywhere in the world, including Islamophobia, xenophobia or any form of violence to promote political or any other agenda. However, targeting a specific country will be like sidestepping the real issue. In this light, let me state that singling out India, the largest democracy in the world (Madivians are really rubbing it in to the pakis :mrgreen: ) and multicultural society and home to over 200 million Muslims, alleging Islamophobia would be factually incorrect”.

“ It would be detrimental to the religious harmony in the South Asian region. Islam has existed in India for centuries and it is the second-largest religion in India, with 14.2% of the country's population” she added.
Porkis got vetoed by Maldives :rotfl: :rotfl:
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Couple observations in this Sky News report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmqSE2StoMQ

@1:03 - CHHIPA ambulance might have run over a first responder. Reminds me of when a fire engine in SFO ran over 2-3 survivors of OZ214's crash
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asiana_Ai ... Flight_214

@1:36 - Found it odd they brought in an excavator *already* to go through the crash site
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Rohit_K wrote: @1:36 - Found it odd they brought in an excavator *already* to go through the crash site
Paki police SOP at a crime scene or accident is to hose down the area and clear it to get rid of the evidence. Someone forgot to tell them that this is not a typical paki "vacuum blast" or "sunroof lever accident" but an actual air-crash which needs to be investigated and the victims extracted from the rubble.
Vivek Kumar
BRFite

Post by Vivek Kumar »

Vivek K wrote:
SBajwa wrote:
We have family their still. Sekhrian Mohalla. Sekhris were my mamas - Lathe machines and castings. Batala makes some of the best lathe machines.
I'm from Batala too! After leaving our village in 1984, we lived first in Urban Estate and later in Bank Colony. All that during the height of paki sponsored terrorism. Batala, btw, is about 30 km from IB as crow flies. My village on the other hand is about 20 km from IB. 8)
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Vivek Kumar wrote:
Vivek K wrote: We have family their still. Sekhrian Mohalla. Sekhris were my mamas - Lathe machines and castings. Batala makes some of the best lathe machines.
I'm from Batala too! After leaving our village in 1984, we lived first in Urban Estate and later in Bank Colony. All that during the height of paki sponsored terrorism. Batala, btw, is about 30 km from IB as crow flies. My village on the other hand is about 20 km from IB. 8)
My village is on the road to Fatehgarh Churian close to Aliwal. The house in Batala was inside the city close to Sabzi Mandi.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Bart S wrote:How does one lose *both* engines on an A320? Isn't that extremely rare?
We can rule out a Bird strike as the cause of accident as one of the senior pilot interviewed on Baki TV has said there were multiple failures in the aircraft with the landing gear not opening up. The pilots were attempting a belly landing and then they got the May day (AOA) call of loosing both engines.

Pakis being pakis will claim bird strike as a convenient excuse to escape taking responsibility and to protect the PIA higher ups. This accident is most probably due to a old and flogged aircraft (16 years) flying without the requisite and necessary technical support & maintenance.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Check this idiot Afridi

Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Shahid Afridi can be the new Imran Khan of Pakistan. He has what it takes
2019 was a golden year for pretty much all PM-hopefuls in Pakistan. With India diluting Article 370 of its Constitution and bifurcating Kashmir into two Union territories, the field was open for many to build a political career. At one such event to ‘free Kashmir from the clutches of India’, while responding to Imran Khan’s call to stand for 30-minutes in a show of solidarity with Kashmir, Afridi told a triggered crowd about his grandfather Abdul Baqi Sahib, who was given the title of Ghazi-e-Kashmir. Hence, Kashmir belongs to him and his future generations. Why not. His dada and his batting average are a reason enough for India to get scared.

Keeping up with his rhetoric and at par with Pakistani PM Imran Khan, Afridi’s recent statements regarding Indian Prime Minister Nadrendra Modi, calling him buzdil and narrating how Pakistan served tea to the captured Indian Air Force pilot (Abhinandan Varthaman) who he considers a chooza, stirred quite a storm in a teacup. His statement also triggered a reaction from Indian cricketers who thought Afridi was way out of line. But they don’t know how that fantastic cup of tea will be used to ‘select’ future prime ministers in Pakistan.
Afridi may have started his political career by raising his voice against ‘human rights violations’, but the issue is beyond his scope. When his heart cries for Kashmiris, we wonder why as a Pashtun, his heart doesn’t ache for his own people. Marred by oppression, violence and enforced disappearances, the Pashtun men, women and children are fighting for justice under the banner of Pashtun Tahaffuz Movement. Do we see Afridi standing up for any of the causes that are actually within his reach?

When Afridi visits Kashmir, does he ever raise voice for the lack of development in the region? Probably, raising such issues won’t get him the kind of international attention that a ‘Kashmir banega Pakistan’ roar would bring an aspirational PM. In Pakistan, even a word on the sufferings of Uighur Muslims in China is deleted when it is not in accordance with the state narrative. So the causes an aspiring politician stands up for should match with the ones the state believes in.

To be fair, back in the day, Imran Khan held a stern anti-establishment line. His opposition to the military operation in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas and to rights abuses in Balochistan was a hallmark of his political career in the early 2000s. All his opposition was diluted when he gave up his causes to come to power.
In Persian, it is said: yak na shud du shud. As if one problem wasn’t enough, another rises. The winner of 1992 World Cup is in the PM seat and the winner of 2009 T20 World Cup is next in line. And we are just getting started.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

The Press conference of the PIA boss needs to be seen. Both the Pilots are "Shaheed" and all other cabin crew are "Shoada who gave up their lives".

The whole society is sick and has a fixation of seeing themselves as warriors and any natural/accidental and ordinary death is at the drop of a hat equated with dying in a battlefield.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

i think its par for the course as its an act of bravery to fly in china ka maal....
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Vips wrote:The Press conference of the PIA boss needs to be seen. Both the Pilots are "Shaheed" and all other cabin crew are "Shoada who gave up their lives".

The whole society is sick and has a fixation of seeing themselves as warriors and any natural/accidental and ordinary death is at the drop of a hat equated with dying in a battlefield.
So far this Urdu dialogue has been running in my head and but now I will type it, hopefully it is understandable.

Bachpan se my sunta rahe hoon ki har Pakistani, Bharat ke saath ladkar Shaheed bannana chahtha hai, humee Pakistan ko Khabristan Banake en kquawisho ko pura Karna Hai.
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

why is Imran khan saying that a false flag operation by India is imminent?
https://www.dawn.com/news/1558659/false ... nent-imran
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

menon s wrote:why is Imran khan saying that a false flag operation by India is imminent?
https://www.dawn.com/news/1558659/false ... nent-imran
Correction:

why is Imran Khan repeatedly saying since Balakot that a false flag operation by India is imminent?