Terroristan - November 11, 2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - November 11, 2019

Post by Amber G. »

rsingh wrote:
g.sarkar wrote: We used to make H2S in our Central School lab in a device called Kipp's apparatus, back in 1968 or so. It is standard practice, where a small amount of the gas is needed. It has a bad odor of rotten eggs. In Pak H2S is manufactured by the consumption of pindichana.
Gautam
Kipp is still in use in India Saar. apparatus was placed outside lab (in corridor) in my college in 1985. Very pungent smell.
Interesting! I remember seeing it (Kipp's apparatus) in India in 60's, my elder siblings have used it but never saw it in US Colleges .. my kids have not even heard about it. Did not think Indian schools/college still use it. (I think, though once a standard apparatus everywhere in Chemistry lab but it probably stopped in India around 60's or 70's.. Did not expect in 85's.)
(Interesting though the current generation may not even know what slide rules, log tables, galvanometers, PostOffice Boxes etc ... once a standard in any college physics/chemistry lab)
Anyway the reason I mentioned H2S in Terroristan's thread that I remembered, one of the use of H2S is "Girdler sulfide process" to in production of heavy water. (That's what, I think is still used in Pak).. The monitoring of H2S production is/was one thing many intelligence services did near a heavy water production unit to monitor production of heavy water. (Of course there are many other methods too).
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Amberji,
We used to open the Kipp's apparatus just a tiny bit in the Chemistry Lab and the whole lab would stink in 30 minutes. Our chemistry Sir would then cuss all of us out, but he never knew which one of us was the culprit. Today I can admit that I often did the deed, but not always. Our Chemistry Sir is no more, God bless him. H2S was used as a reagent. I do not remember its exact use anymore. Perhaps to identify a chemical that would be given to us. US labs are different. My son used a protective glass in the lab, we never used that even in the Chemistry lab in my engineering class. H2S if inhaled for too long can be quite harmful. May that is the reason it is not used in US high schools. Perhaps another poster will have the real reason.
Gautam
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

If we check the history of Pak terror attacks in India, there is a specific pattern.

Important events in Pak: IMF bailouts, indicating US support: 2001, 2008, 2019.

Important events in India: Election eves 2008 & 2019, 1993 Babri issue

So at this moment, there is CAA event which has caught Pak attention. Upcoming Afghan deal and FATF whitelisting, both of which could indicate US support.

I sense Paks would try to hit at one of the anti-CAA protesters, and then blame it on GoI. They are desperately trying to bring the current party down. I hope our guys are on the lookout.

Paks get influenced by our TV news drama quite a lot. They believe what they see on the Indian news channel is true...
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

http://a.msn.com/01/en-gb/BB10iQgW?ocid=se
This is the opportunity to show the evil yindooos that Napaks can look after X’ians
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

nam wrote:
Paks get influenced by our TV news drama quite a lot. They believe what they see on the Indian news channel is true...
Not only that, but they usually cherry pick media shows or articles (either consciously or due to cognitive dissonance) to suit their delusions, so they end up watching NDTV, Arundhoti Roy and Aakar Patel type people and get pumped up because of that. :rotfl:
jash_p
BRFite

Post by jash_p »

I was watching Paki talk shows and they are salivating profusely as they they think trump told Indian that "Trump at India rally: US has a 'very good' relationship with Pakistan, hopes for reduced tension in region" Now they think Trump will force Modi to give up Kashmir. Sabbir Sakir said Surgical strike by Trump on Modi and India. shahid latif on night edition says this is very good opportunity for us as Trump is in Pakistan's favour and Iron is hot, Paki gov. and its friend now turn this visit to lead Trump to arm twist India. As per Mubshir Luqaman India will be now cut in pieces like in 1947. As per Sami Ibrahim India and Modi is shivering in their pants. They don't know that Trump is giving lolly pop as he needs Pakis for Afghan problems.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Delusion comes easily to those who are obsessively religious. It’s how the brain is wired.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

https://www.dawn.com/news/1536597/capit ... i-protests

India on Tuesday deployed paramilitary force in multiple areas of New Delhi to contain a recent spell of rioting which claimed the lives of nine people and left more than 150 injured, Times of India reported.

The clashes had erupted in a northeastern district of the city on Monday between thousands of people demonstrating for and against the new citizenship law. Police used tear gas and smoke grenades but struggled to disperse the stone-throwing crowds that tore down metal barricades and set vehicles and a petrol pump alight.

Explainer: What does India's new citizenship law mean?

But as Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday continued to pull out all the stops for US President Donald Trump, who is currently visiting the country on an official two-day trip, protests in New Delhi between supporters and opponents of the new citizenship law raged on.

On Twitter, #DelhiRiots, #DelhiBurning, #DelhiViolence were among the top ten trends for India on Tuesday.

To curb the violence, Indian Home Minister Amit Shah called for a meeting with Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, and Lt Governor Anil Baijal as well as representatives from all political parties, Times Of India reported.

However, the Indian government's lack of response has drawn criticism from journalists who have accused officials of turning a blind eye to the situation, and for failing to protect citizens from angry mobs attacking people based on their religion.

Rana Ayyub, from the Washington Post, called out the New Delhi police for standing as "mute spectators".

In a tweet, she said: "Live visuals of rioting and mob violence emerging from North Delhi yet again. And of course they wont call the army yet [.... ] Let more lives be lost while [Amit Shah] and [Narendra Modi] play familiar politics associated with them."

"Events leading up to the rioting in Delhi have strong resemblance to the carnage in Gujarat, in Bombay and in Delhi 1984. Where cops were given a free hand to enable rioters, leaders of the ruling party gave inflammatory speeches. This is all too bloody familiar," she said.

NDTV's Nidhi Razdan recounted how two of her colleagues were beaten by a mob, that only pulled back once they realised the journalists were Hindu.

Two of my colleagues [...] were badly beaten by a mob just now in Delhi, they only stopped beating them after realising they are 'our people'. Absolutely despicable."

Journalist Ghulam Jeelani recounted how protesters, armed with sticks, threatened him in Delhi as he was in the midst of reporting.

"Never before in my ten year-long career has my Muslim identity come in the way of reporting. A group of men and women, armed with sticks, on Moujpur Chowk threatened me, Aap Mohameden hain, phir humse mat kehna (You are a Muslim, do not hold us responsible for what may happen). This [was] when cops outnumbered locals. Very tense situation here."

Taking to Twitter, he explained how it was "almost impossible" for journalists to move towards the affected areas.

"A journalist trying to shoot with his phone, when asked, said his name was Sunil and the angry woman responded, Kalawa to nahi pehna hai," he said; the thread is considered to be sacred and worn by almost all Hindus.

DONT FORGET THE KALAWA ON THE HANDS OF KASAB and 26/11 ATTACKERS

BBC correspondent Yogita Limaye also called the situation "volatile", questioning the absence of law enforcement agencies.

In a tweet, she said: "Very volatile in Yamuna Vihar. We’ve seen mobs of men carrying sticks and stones. There’s been arson. We were being stopped from filming."

Journalist Prem Panicker called the protests "planned, targeted violence".

"Abdication by the police and first responders. Silence from the government. It is the old, familiar playbook — with the two pastmasters running it."

India Today anchor Rajdeep Sardesai stated: "We have been sitting on an edge of a volcano for months. Shrill communal rhetoric, street protests, an angry, minority, a partisan state, criminal gangs, toxic propaganda. Lava has burst forth. Desperately need bridge builders before it it too late!"

Taking to Twitter, he revealed that BJP officials were told to refrain from commenting on the situation while Trump is visiting.

"For weeks, a few motormouths defended the ‘goli maaro’ rhetoric
because of vote bank politics. Now images of street violence have embarrassed the leadership. Hope lesson learnt."

CNN correspondent Runjhun Sharma questioned the absence of police officials as houses in northeast Delhi were burned to the ground.

"As houses are being burned to the ground in Khazoori Khas in North East Delhi — there is NO police present in the area. This is 3rd day of #DelhiRiots. Why is this still on," she said on Twitter.

Barkha Dutt from the Washington Post maintained that the violence in Delhi had taken a "distinct communal turn".

In a tweet, she said: "We are choosing to not show some of the videos in interest of not inflaming the situation further. But there is urgent need for this situation to brought under control. #Delhi."

Tweeting a picture of Delhi, Hindustan Times' Proma Mukherjee simply said, "capital city, apocalyptic state".

Header Image: People stand on a street during clashes between hundreds of supporters and opponents of a new citizenship law in New Delhi, India on Feb 24. — AP
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

God, no one even bothered to use common sense that ducks live in water :rotfl:
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Sirji, it was never duck fried rice, too expensive. It was always polk fly lice.
Gautam
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

g.sarkar wrote:Sirji, it was never duck fried rice, too expensive. It was always polk fly lice.Gautam
Gautam Ji :

Dada, You speeki Chinglish Vely Vely Good!

Cheers Image
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

What is the use of duck
Just harvest locusts and eat them!
Torah says u can eat them :shock:
Not long before some peaceful will read the book and say yes it is halal to eat locusts
And u could export it to your ‘tallel than mountain’ friend :rotfl:
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Since bakis would not easily shut chinese travel due to H&D reasons, the epidemik in bakiland is going to be huge. On top of that, they likely have only limited facilities for testing and the actual # of infections might be very high. Hopefully, India has shut down all flights from bakiland. India too needs to be careful of its own infection rate.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Guddu wrote:Since bakis would not easily shut chinese travel due to H&D reasons, the epidemik in bakiland is going to be huge. On top of that, they likely have only limited facilities for testing and the actual # of infections might be very high. Hopefully, India has shut down all flights from bakiland. India too needs to be careful of its own infection rate.
I am afraid that CV may come via Pakistan. Terrorists are still coming in from Paklands. I am reminded of the concept of Vish Kanya. Get young, nubile girls and infect them with STD and other long term diseases. When these diseases are well established, but not yet noticeable, give them as gift to the enemy kings and Jernails and kernails. Our Vishnu Gupta was full of such tricks.
Gautam
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Peregrine wrote:
g.sarkar wrote:Sirji, it was never duck fried rice, too expensive. It was always polk fly lice.Gautam
Gautam Ji :
Dada, You speeki Chinglish Vely Vely Good!
Cheers Image
Bro, BRF oldies are responsible for my education.
Gautam
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Won't the bakis eat the ducks before duck eat locust?
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

kvraghav wrote:Won't the bakis eat the ducks before duck eat locust?
they may have some other plans for the ducks ... :rotfl:
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

So whats up with the Taliban deal and pakistan. Looks like pakis weren't told is was coming and they still have no idea whats in there? Massive blow to H&D hainji...America Bahadur treated them again like a used c?

Paki talk shows hosts are at loss to understand how to praise the Fauj as massive beizzati is happening...most are saying that Pakistan enabled this all but they dont know what was enabled :rotfl:
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

CalvinH wrote:So whats up with the Taliban deal and pakistan. Looks like pakis weren't told is was coming and they still have no idea whats in there? Massive blow to H&D hainji...America Bahadur treated them again like a used c?

Paki talk shows hosts are at loss to understand how to praise the Fauj as massive beizzati is happening...most are saying that Pakistan enabled this all but they dont know what was enabled :rotfl:
Links please :D
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

Guddu wrote:Since bakis would not easily shut chinese travel due to H&D reasons, the epidemik in bakiland is going to be huge. On top of that, they likely have only limited facilities for testing and the actual # of infections might be very high. Hopefully, India has shut down all flights from bakiland. India too needs to be careful of its own infection rate.
who else travels to pakistan apart from chinese masters???
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Good news for all Pakis...ex-Chief Justice of Pakistan Saquib Nisar and the dam fund that he collected has finally been put to good use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9zJVj6NxBU
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

No Need for US to Solve Afghanistan-Pakistan Issues: Qureshi
Any reservations Afghanistan has with Islamabad should be resolved bilaterally rather than involving the United States, Pakistan’s foreign minister said on Sunday, in reference to part of a joint US-Afghan declaration on peace efforts.
“The United States commits to facilitate discussions between Afghanistan and Pakistan to work out arrangements to ensure neither country’s security is threatened by actions from the territory of the other side,” one of the clauses of the declaration reads.
Pakistan bristled.
“They should talk directly to Pakistan. The US is planning to withdraw and we will always remain neighbors,” Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi told Reuters in an interview, referring to Washington’s intent to withdraw troops from Afghanistan.
If I have an issue with Afghanistan, I will not ask Washington to play a role.
:rotfl:
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

In the spirit of CPEC Chinese Nationals especially CPEC and Defense personnel working on say JF 17 should meet and hug all in the PAF and freely mingle in Pakistan.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

ranjan.rao wrote:
who else travels to pakistan apart from chinese masters???
What worries me is not so much travel between India and Pakistan by flights but the following:
  1. Transit across Wagah, Kashmir road crossings- Fortunately reduced and closed now.
  2. Pilgrim travel- Kartarpur, Nankanasahib, Hinglaj, Ajmer, etc.- Reducing I hope
  3. Medical tourism- Reducing again
  4. Indirect infection- This one's the elephant in the room. Middle East hosts large communities of Indians, Pakis in close proximity. Like the Telengana techie, what's to prevent someone picking up the infection tehre and flying down back home. Same goes for al Bartania also.
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
ranjan.rao wrote: who else travels to pakistan apart from chinese masters???
What worries me is not so much travel between India and Pakistan by flights but the following:
  1. Transit across Wagah, Kashmir road crossings- Fortunately reduced and closed now.
  2. Pilgrim travel- Kartarpur, Nankanasahib, Hinglaj, Ajmer, etc.- Reducing I hope
  3. Medical tourism- Reducing again
  4. Indirect infection- This one's the elephant in the room. Middle East hosts large communities of Indians, Pakis in close proximity. Like the Telengana techie, what's to prevent someone picking up the infection tehre and flying down back home. Same goes for al Bartania also.
Direct baki contact is negligible..compared to the overall travel. Bigger problem, as you rightly pointed, could be transit points like Dubai.

Other places in US, UK and europe are increasing with CoVID. Thankfully these countries are well covered with a reasonable hygiene culture..
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Xpost

Sixty years and nothing has changed....
The need for external assistance looms large in Ayub’s approach to foreign policy. He has made it clear that Pakistan relies for a major portion of its required aid, economic as well as military, on the US, that as an ally it should have a special right to such aid, and that the aid it has received to date has not fulfilled its expectations
At the core of Pakistan’s development problem are the country’s limited resources. Much of the land is desert, mountains, and jungle. Some useful minerals have been discovered, but with the exception of natural gas, their exploitation has lagged. The large population (93 million) is generally unskilled with a high percentage of illiteracy. The living standard is as low as that in any major country in Asia. Until recently, economic development has had a low priority and relatively little has been done to mobilize such resources as are available. The military force imposes a substantial burden on the country. Pakistan does, however, have two valuable, if not always dependable, cash crops (cotton and jute) and the potential at least for a substantial increase in agricultural production.
Special National Intelligence Estimate - July 5, 1961.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

I believe jute was lost with 71 dismemberment
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

suryag wrote:I believe jute was lost with 71 dismemberment
Correct
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

The question is why doesn't Pakistan embrace Leather meat Industry, mining, exporting wood and de industrialize. They will definitely attain their version of Jannat in every short time
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Pakistanis have embraced Jihadi and mercenary industry.

50 Pakistani fighters killed in Syria.
https://arab.news/jdydk
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

schinnas wrote:Pakistanis have embraced Jihadi and mercenary industry.
50 Pakistani fighters killed in Syria.
https://arab.news/jdydk
The deceased likely belong to Zainebiyoun Brigade, a militant group comprising Pakistani Shias fighting in Syria and Iran
Why kill them in Pakistan when they can be encouraged to go to Syria and get killed there?