2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Sachin
Webmaster BR
Posts: 7948
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Undisclosed

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Sachin » 23 Jan 2020 10:23

I appreciate Deccan Herald's reporting which helps every neutral person understand that anti-CAA protests are nothing but a semi-violent moves by one specific community considered a minority. Such reports would help polarisation be more thorough and complete.
CAA rivals launch Twitterstorms
Image

nandakumar
BRFite
Posts: 1148
Joined: 10 May 2010 13:37

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby nandakumar » 23 Jan 2020 10:42

About Davos. It is a miniature version of the business model of the nation State called Singapore. What is the business model? Singapore says I bring all the animals around the world, put them up here and tell the people of the world, "here come and watch these animals eat, make love etc. And while you are at it, remember to buy all those cheap Chinese goods that you always wanted. No need to go to Shanghai." Mind you things like low corporate taxes or wink and nod to dodgy money etc are not unique. Other countries can do it as well. But Singapore added a mass market (tourism) dimension to it and never looked back. How exactly does this apply to Davos? Well the organisers of Davos summit tell the industrialists, the rich and the oligarchs in the third world, "here come to Davos and listen to what great leaders, Greta Thunbergs have to say. While you are at it there are always investment bankers and wealth managers who would tell you some little tricks to salt away money from home country. And it would all seem natural. No investigative reporter would say why did the Bajaj go to Switzerland, a notorious tax haven? Over time it becomes a virtuous cycle reinforcing itself. The fact that Davos had this ready built infrastructure of chalets and cute cottages for the convalescence of the rich and the mighty from the dreadful tuberculosis infection that streptomycin discovery rendered it as waste, also helped.

CRamS
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6800
Joined: 07 Oct 2006 20:54
Contact:

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby CRamS » 23 Jan 2020 10:49

KJo wrote:She now works for WaPo which is owned by Amazoni Bezos. Which I think is why Modi gave him the cold shoulder recently during his India trip.
I wouldn't be surprised if she had some hush hush side bijness going on with some rich daddy to fund her activities.


I could be wrong, but I don't think she and Burka bibi work for WaPo per se. They are pipsqueak guest columnists that WaPo selects from TurdWorld to fill some space occasionally. At best they may get some contract fee for every article they write on demand from WaPo.

On giving cold shoulder to Bezos, I think there is more than meets the eye. For one thing, I doubt Bezos can dictate the editorial policy of WaPo. But that said, no doubt WaPo, like other US newspapers are mouthpieces of US deep state when it comes to vital US national interests. Also, giving the cold shoulder to Bezos could more related to business interests more than WaPo's constat dissing of ModiJI/BJP and giving space to BIF like Rana Ayyub.

hnair
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3826
Joined: 03 May 2006 01:31
Location: Trivandrum

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby hnair » 23 Jan 2020 11:28

nandakumar wrote:About Davos. It is a miniature version of the business model of the nation State called Singapore. What is the business model? Singapore says I bring all the animals around the world, put them up here and tell the people of the world, "here come and watch these animals eat, make love etc. And while you are at it, remember to buy all those cheap Chinese goods that you always wanted. No need to go to Shanghai." Mind you things like low corporate taxes or wink and nod to dodgy money etc are not unique. Other countries can do it as well. But Singapore added a mass market (tourism) dimension to it and never looked back. How exactly does this apply to Davos? Well the organisers of Davos summit tell the industrialists, the rich and the oligarchs in the third world, "here come to Davos and listen to what great leaders, Greta Thunbergs have to say. While you are at it there are always investment bankers and wealth managers who would tell you some little tricks to salt away money from home country. And it would all seem natural. No investigative reporter would say why did the Bajaj go to Switzerland, a notorious tax haven? Over time it becomes a virtuous cycle reinforcing itself. The fact that Davos had this ready built infrastructure of chalets and cute cottages for the convalescence of the rich and the mighty from the dreadful tuberculosis infection that streptomycin discovery rendered it as waste, also helped.


This post is gold - the thought of Davos elders conspiring on "how to find a cure streptomycin" cracked me up.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 11:38

CRamS wrote:
KJo wrote:She now works for WaPo which is owned by Amazoni Bezos. Which I think is why Modi gave him the cold shoulder recently during his India trip.
I wouldn't be surprised if she had some hush hush side bijness going on with some rich daddy to fund her activities.


I could be wrong, but I don't think she and Burka bibi work for WaPo per se. They are pipsqueak guest columnists that WaPo selects from TurdWorld to fill some space occasionally. At best they may get some contract fee for every article they write on demand from WaPo.

On giving cold shoulder to Bezos, I think there is more than meets the eye. For one thing, I doubt Bezos can dictate the editorial policy of WaPo. But that said, no doubt WaPo, like other US newspapers are mouthpieces of US deep state when it comes to vital US national interests. Also, giving the cold shoulder to Bezos could more related to business interests more than WaPo's constat dissing of ModiJI/BJP and giving space to BIF like Rana Ayyub.


The money that bezos is allegedly bringing in as "investment" is actually capital infusion to shore up his amazon company losses in India due to deep discounting which is also illegal in India. This deep discounting works against the millions of kirana shops and the mom and pop small stores and other small Indian enterprises that run throughout India and whose huge combined market share amazon is out to grab.

companies like bigbasket have already muscled in on the lucrative groceries and vegetable segment by delivering these items directly to the customer's residence. amazon is registering its presence in this segment as well. One still can easily buy better quality vegetables from hawkers on the street and at much better prices too. Besides, these hawkers have the USP of sourcing fresh every day from the wholesale markets.

Bezos is trying to muscle out the kirana shops and the other smaller enterprises and to subsume and consolidate their market share into the amazon model.

Here be dragons. The amazon model will cause job losses, and in the medium term result in significantly higher consumer prices as amazon and others like them begin to control the market place. As economies of scale kick in, they will begin to by pass Indian players and import goods (that India can easily make) from overseas supply sources like china.

Is there anyone here who thinks that chinese smart phone companies are selling their phones in India and that too at significantly discounted rates through companies like amazon out of the sheer goodness of their blessed commie hearts or is amazon double dealing the Indian consumer through deep discounting by subsidizing these chinese smart phone companies.

How else can a middleman like amazon make huge losses in India without actively subsidizing selected players in the market to further their ultimate agenda of market domination through the decimation of smaller players.

an ahole like bezos (and many others like him) should already have learned to separate politics from his business. You don't crap where you eat.

do we really need predatory investors like amazon in our daily lives
Last edited by chetak on 23 Jan 2020 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

banrjeer
BRFite
Posts: 313
Joined: 21 Dec 2008 14:39

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby banrjeer » 23 Jan 2020 11:45

KJo wrote:
CRamS wrote:^^^ Absolutely spot on. If only our Lutyen scum can see west's criticism that objectively, they wouldn't be p!ssing on us with impunity.

Guys, like many here do, I monitor twitter lines of BIF and libarandus. And one prominent BIF member is Rana Ayyub. I noticed that she is in Davos for this WEF jamboree. I don't know what comes out of it, but it does seem important given that white king Trump bahadur himself showed up. Now, obviously this Ayyub is there to attend some sessions and pour bile, vitriol, and scorn to malign India at such a well attended event. Question I have is who is funding her trip? TSP's ISI with a coached narrative on what to say? Which other BIF org?


She now works for WaPo which is owned by Amazoni Bezos. Which I think is why Modi gave him the cold shoulder recently during his India trip.
I wouldn't be surprised if she had some hush hush side bijness going on with some rich daddy to fund her activities.


A Bezos lackey perhaps, I think, he himself is not a hater per se .. strictly business. perhaps in his short sighted view the current govt stands in the way of things. The US has multiple disparate views regarding India, theres a unreasoning love, ignorance and unprompted hatred. The latter has been outsourced to rabid leftists.

In terms of purchasing parity a few dollars go a long way in buying certain behaviours. Theres no effective counter narrative or strategy yet.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 13:17

the demonization continues, presstitutes and sold out lackeys of the business standard continue with their funeral dirge bad mouthing the Indian economy, guided as ever by their BIF masters :mrgreen:


More tricks from the tricky BS: L&T’s net profit — a company’s key metric — is up a healthy 15% in Q3 but BS front page header says profit before tax — not the principle metric — dips 5%. All must learn from BS how to hide good news beneath a veil. Takes practice.


Image


and the very same news as reported by the Mint

Image

sajo
BRFite
Posts: 227
Joined: 01 Mar 2019 17:01

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby sajo » 23 Jan 2020 14:06

chetak wrote:The money that bezos is allegedly bringing in as "investment" is actually capital infusion to shore up his amazon company losses in India due to deep discounting which is also illegal in India. This deep discounting works against the millions of kirana shops and the mom and pop small stores and other small Indian enterprises that run throughout India and whose huge combined market share amazon is out to grab.

companies like bigbasket have already muscled in on the lucrative groceries and vegetable segment by delivering these items directly to the customer's residence. amazon is registering its presence in this segment as well. One still can easily buy better quality vegetables from hawkers on the street and at much better prices too. Besides, these hawkers have the USP of sourcing fresh every day from the wholesale markets.

Bezos is trying to muscle out the kirana shops and the other smaller enterprises and to subsume and consolidate their market share into the amazon model.

Here be dragons. The amazon model will cause job losses, and in the medium term result in significantly higher consumer prices as amazon and others like them begin to control the market place. As economies of scale kick in, they will begin to by pass Indian players and import goods (that India can easily make) from overseas supply sources like china.

Is there anyone here who thinks that chinese smart phone companies are selling their phones in India and that too at significantly discounted rates through companies like amazon out of the sheer goodness of their blessed commie hearts or is amazon double dealing the Indian consumer through deep discounting by subsidizing these chinese smart phone companies.

How else can a middleman like amazon make huge losses in India without actively subsidizing selected players in the market to further their ultimate agenda of market domination through the decimation of smaller players.

an ahole like bezos (and many others like him) should already have learned to separate politics from his business. You don't crap where you eat.

do we really need predatory investors like amazon in our daily lives


But will the B&M sector go down without a fight? It is simply too large and too widespread to collapse at the first sight of competition. Just eg : to take on Bigbasket and their ilk, my neighborhood Kirana quickly revamped his business practices by accepting orders on Whatsapp, delivering at the time we ask him to, and also sends a card POS Machine/QR Printout page for us to scan with our payment tools. Over the past 2 years, all my large goods purchases were made offline, at a price cheaper than that of Amazon/WalKart. I would love to hear what Rakshak's think about making the B&M sector even more competitive.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 13871
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 23 Jan 2020 14:12

Yesterdin, Sena's Rout handed Rafool a live grenade when suggesting that he too go vizit Ayodhya along with Uddhav T
https://twitter.com/rautsanjay61/status ... 5667216385
Sanjay Raut @rautsanjay61

Chalo Ayodhya ! CM #UddhavThackeray will visit Ayodhya on the completion of 100 days in power! @OfficeofUT
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1219952141537665025
ANI @ANI

Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut: Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray will visit Ayodhya on the completion of 100 days in power, to seek the blessings of Lord Ram. We want that our alliance leaders should also come along. Rahul Gandhi also visits several temples.


Also yesterdin,
https://twitter.com/PTI_News/status/1219965255347888133
Press Trust of India @PTI_News

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will lead anti-Citizenship Amendment Act rally in his parliamentary constituency Waynad on January 30: Party sources
https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1219971192179716096
iMac_too @iMac_too

Pappu's rally with huge mass of peaceful people in sea of Green flags. That did the trick in May '19. Will again work

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9799
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Yagnasri » 23 Jan 2020 14:46

There will not be green flags. There will be tricolors. One can be sure of that. Soros funded activities and Globalist NGOs are experts in the optics. Mark my word - there will be Gandhi, Ambedkar, and (even Nehru Maulana Azad will not be there) others will not be there. All these activities and media management is evident of close coordination of BIF with these entities on this.

If that is not the case it means Pappu lost the direct support and guidence of the external BIF and reduced to Team B of BIF.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 14:50

sajo wrote:
chetak wrote:The money that bezos is allegedly bringing in as "investment" is actually capital infusion to shore up his amazon company losses in India due to deep discounting which is also illegal in India. This deep discounting works against the millions of kirana shops and the mom and pop small stores and other small Indian enterprises that run throughout India and whose huge combined market share amazon is out to grab.

companies like bigbasket have already muscled in on the lucrative groceries and vegetable segment by delivering these items directly to the customer's residence. amazon is registering its presence in this segment as well. One still can easily buy better quality vegetables from hawkers on the street and at much better prices too. Besides, these hawkers have the USP of sourcing fresh every day from the wholesale markets.

Bezos is trying to muscle out the kirana shops and the other smaller enterprises and to subsume and consolidate their market share into the amazon model.

Here be dragons. The amazon model will cause job losses, and in the medium term result in significantly higher consumer prices as amazon and others like them begin to control the market place. As economies of scale kick in, they will begin to by pass Indian players and import goods (that India can easily make) from overseas supply sources like china.

Is there anyone here who thinks that chinese smart phone companies are selling their phones in India and that too at significantly discounted rates through companies like amazon out of the sheer goodness of their blessed commie hearts or is amazon double dealing the Indian consumer through deep discounting by subsidizing these chinese smart phone companies.

How else can a middleman like amazon make huge losses in India without actively subsidizing selected players in the market to further their ultimate agenda of market domination through the decimation of smaller players.

an ahole like bezos (and many others like him) should already have learned to separate politics from his business. You don't crap where you eat.

do we really need predatory investors like amazon in our daily lives


But will the B&M sector go down without a fight? It is simply too large and too widespread to collapse at the first sight of competition. Just eg : to take on Bigbasket and their ilk, my neighborhood Kirana quickly revamped his business practices by accepting orders on Whatsapp, delivering at the time we ask him to, and also sends a card POS Machine/QR Printout page for us to scan with our payment tools. Over the past 2 years, all my large goods purchases were made offline, at a price cheaper than that of Amazon/WalKart. I would love to hear what Rakshak's think about making the B&M sector even more competitive.


They can, should and are actually fighting back because it is an existential crisis for them.

Yes, many are fighting back and taking these guys head on but for every small business success story there are thousands who are unable to adapt and that is where the govt comes in to stop bezos like guys from trampling on the grass and restructuring the market place to benefit only themselves.

these little guys are usually are the bread and butter supporters of the BJP.

BTW, walmart has dedicated behemoth container ships that handle only and only their imports from china.

amazons business model is not too different from walmarts :mrgreen:


Image


These ships were commissioned by Wal-Mart to get their imported goods from China ….. They hold an incredible 15,000 containers and have a 207 foot deck beam!! The full crew is just 13 people on a ship longer than a US Aircraft Carrier which has a crew of 5,000. With its 207′ beam it is too big to fit through the Panama or Suez Canals ………..


It is strictly transpacific. Cruise speed: 31 knots.
The goods arrive four days before the typical container ship(18-20 knots) on a China-to-California run. 91% of Wal-Mart products are made in China. So this behemoth is hugely competitive even when carrying perishable goods. The ship was built in five sections. The sections are floated together and then welded. The command bridge is higher than a 10-story building and has 11 cargo crane rigs that can operate simultaneously unloading the entire ship in less than two hours.

Additional info:
Country of origin – Denmark
Length – 1,302 ft
Width – 207 ft
Net cargo – 123,200 tons
Engine – 14 cylinders in-line diesel engine (110,000 BHP)
Cruise Speed – 31 knots

Cargo capacity – 15,000 TEU (1 TEU = 20 cubic feet)
Crew – 13 people!
First trip – Sept. 08, 2006
Construction cost – US $145,000,000+
Silicone painting applied to the ship bottom reduces water resistance and saves 317,000 gallons of diesel per year.


A recent documentary in late March, 2010 on the History Channel noted that all of these containers are shipped back to China, EMPTY!

Yep, that’s right. the amerikis send nothing back on these ships.


Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9799
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Yagnasri » 23 Jan 2020 15:20

Most of the Amezon jobs are horribly low paid as per reports. There are many reports that the staff are living on food stamps etc. We can not allow our people exposed to such organisations.

sajo
BRFite
Posts: 227
Joined: 01 Mar 2019 17:01

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby sajo » 23 Jan 2020 15:25

Yagnasri wrote:Most of the Amezon jobs are horribly low paid as per reports. There are many reports that the staff are living on food stamps etc. We can not allow our people exposed to such organisations.


That would be true for India as well. Most of the jobs created by Amazon would be delivery agents since they have their own logistics arm, warehouse pickers/packers. But hey, as long as they are jobs! I have personally seen people who otherwise spend their time whiling around offices of local politicians are actually doing something worthwhile with their times delivering for online stores.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 15:38

sajo wrote:
Yagnasri wrote:Most of the Amezon jobs are horribly low paid as per reports. There are many reports that the staff are living on food stamps etc. We can not allow our people exposed to such organisations.


That would be true for India as well. Most of the jobs created by Amazon would be delivery agents since they have their own logistics arm, warehouse pickers/packers. But hey, as long as they are jobs! I have personally seen people who otherwise spend their time whiling around offices of local politicians are actually doing something worthwhile with their times delivering for online stores.


would bezos be able to do this in his own mulk where minimum wages are strictly enforced :mrgreen:

greatde
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 59
Joined: 29 Sep 2016 10:39

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby greatde » 23 Jan 2020 16:28

On adding Muslims to CAA, it only makes sense if Ahmedis are considered Non-Muslims here like in Pakistan. So the government should ask Congress and those protestors, if that is their position?? They can debate on this, and expose them...

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9799
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Yagnasri » 23 Jan 2020 17:02

Jinna was a shia. The first Foreign minister of Pak is Ahmadiya IIRC. I forgot his name. They are also as Jihadis as Sunnis. Let us not for get that.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 17:14

greatde wrote:On adding Muslims to CAA, it only makes sense if Ahmedis are considered Non-Muslims here like in Pakistan. So the government should ask Congress and those protestors, if that is their position?? They can debate on this, and expose them...


These ahmedia guys were at the very forefront of the partition of India, being among the prime movers of the vivisection and also major supporters of jinnah.

Weren't they muslim enough then and all of a sudden how did their muslimness get washed off.

It is their internal issue and should not concern us.

let them all stew in their own juice.

Whether they are or are not muslim is for the ahmedia to resolve, after all they have more than 60 countries worldwide to seek shelter in.

As far as the Hindus are concerned, they are kosher muslims since the koran is their book

having already stabbed India in the back in 1947, why do we need to support these muslim separatist and supremacist ahmedias now.

It's high time that the Hindus looked out for themselves first without worrying about what will the neighbours say
Last edited by chetak on 23 Jan 2020 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

IndraD
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7267
Joined: 26 Dec 2008 15:38
Location: भारत का निश्चेत गगन

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby IndraD » 23 Jan 2020 17:14

Two women mistaken for CAA-NRC surveyors attacked in Rajasthan

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 538439.cms

The surveyor was let off only after she was able to convince the crowd that she, too, was a Muslim, like them. The crowd wanted her to prove she was Muslim by reciting a verse from the Quran and was pacified only after she showed them an "Ayat Al-Kursi.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 17:27

This will really set the cat among the pigeons :mrgreen:


Under All-India NRC, Passport May Not Be Enough to Prove Citizenship


25/DEC/2019

Under Indian domestic law, the distribution of passports is regulated by the 1967 Passports Act. The long title of this law says that it provides for issue of passports to citizens of India and “other persons”.

But the body of the Act never clarifies what is meant by ‘other persons’. Rather, the clauses in the Act imply that a passport can only be granted to a citizen of India.

...........................

Under section 6 (2), the first condition for the passport authority to refuse to issue a passport is “that the applicant is not a citizen of India”. Besides, the penalties section defines one of the offences as making an application or obtaining a passport by suppressing information or holding a forging passport “despite not being a citizen of India”.

The 1967 Act was formulated only after the Supreme Court ruled, in a litigation brought by an individual whose passport was revoked, that the right to travel abroad is part of an individual’s personal liberty as enshrined in the Indian constitution. Till then, the only regulation for passports was a legislation from 1920 which didn’t make it mandatory for Indian nationals to obtain a passport for leaving the country.

..................................

With the memory of Partition and its messy aftermath still sharp, Indian courts did not give a consistent legal line on the possession of a passport – sometimes ruling that it was obtained involuntarily, in others, through fraudulent means, and even arguing that obtaining another country’s passport did not mean withdrawal of Indian citizenship.

Recently, the Delhi high court, in an order dated July 2017, had observed that “a passport is a document evidencing a citizen’s nationality and cannot be ignored on mere suspicions”.

However, Jayal, a professor at Jawaharlal Nehru University, argues that the courts had a more unforgiving mood if the case of obtaining a passport was in the context of undocumented immigration from Bangladesh. She noted that the courts also gave repeated rulings that appearance in a voters’ list wasn’t proof of citizenship.

“Judicial recognition of the ways in which such documentation of citizenship is acquired thus led the courts to deliver rulings in which, ironically, the validity of practically all forms of official documentation was impugned,” observed Jayal.

When asked by The Wire whether India has traditionally viewed passports as proof of citizenship, Jayal replied, “As far as I know, this is a grey area. Passports are generally taken to be proof of citizenship, and, as you rightly say, it is only in cases of fraud or misrepresentation that courts have cast doubts on these”.

While passports are used as citizenship documentation under international law and inferred in practice domestically, this may not be entirely helpful under the NRC process if the intent is to weed out illegal migrants. Every year, the government claims to become aware of additional cases of valid passports obtained through fake documents – mainly with the aim to leave the country. “Some time ago, we learnt that around 100-150 Rohingya had got Indian passports to travel to Saudi Arabia. These are valid passports, till the fraud is detected and cancelled,” an MEA official told The Wire.
Last edited by chetak on 23 Jan 2020 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

IndraD
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7267
Joined: 26 Dec 2008 15:38
Location: भारत का निश्चेत गगन

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby IndraD » 23 Jan 2020 17:28

several reports of attack on CAA supporters from all over India.
from Jharkhand, Kerala, Rajasthan, West Bengal, individuals...is India seeing rise of direct action 2.0?

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 12024
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Aditya_V » 23 Jan 2020 17:36

It will happen if we were as stupid as in 1947, people like Jogendra Nath Mondal- defected from INC to IUML in the name of Dalit Muslim unity ensured that the so called Upper caste Hindus were wiped out in East Pakistan, happily came back in 1950 abandoning the Dalit- Sc/ST community in East Pakistan who were subsequently slaughtered there. INC/ Left made sure any East Pakistan refugees were not settled in West Pakistan in case there game was given away.

No INC leader appealed for peace and calm in Lahore/ Karachi/ Dhaka/ Rawalpindi- it is clear INC/Left/ Secular were part of the Hindu Holocaust in Pakistan in 1947.

kit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3948
Joined: 13 Jul 2006 18:16

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby kit » 23 Jan 2020 17:38

Kick out Amazon if they can't build an evosystem of suppliers in India .. better still put a time line for them..help them if needed but verify..but if they act stupid and use predatory trade practices be ready to kick them out period. , With some fines to boot.

fanne
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3429
Joined: 11 Feb 1999 12:31

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby fanne » 23 Jan 2020 17:43

Anti NRC/CAA protest is only one thing- the peaceful community vow for hans Jersey liya hai pakistan lad ke lenge hindustaan slipping away. It is thrawting of Gazwa e hind that is the real reason.

kit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3948
Joined: 13 Jul 2006 18:16

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby kit » 23 Jan 2020 17:58

nandakumar wrote:About Davos. It is a miniature version of the business model of the nation State called Singapore. What is the business model? Singapore says I bring all the animals around the world, put them up here and tell the people of the world, "here come and watch these animals eat, make love etc. And while you are at it, remember to buy all those cheap Chinese goods that you always wanted. No need to go to Shanghai." Mind you things like low corporate taxes or wink and nod to dodgy money etc are not unique. Other countries can do it as well. But Singapore added a mass market (tourism) dimension to it and never looked back. How exactly does this apply to Davos? Well the organisers of Davos summit tell the industrialists, the rich and the oligarchs in the third world, "here come to Davos and listen to what great leaders, Greta Thunbergs have to say. While you are at it there are always investment bankers and wealth managers who would tell you some little tricks to salt away money from home country. And it would all seem natural. No investigative reporter would say why did the Bajaj go to Switzerland, a notorious tax haven? Over time it becomes a virtuous cycle reinforcing itself. The fact that Davos had this ready built infrastructure of chalets and cute cottages for the convalescence of the rich and the mighty from the dreadful tuberculosis infection that streptomycin discovery rendered it as waste, also helped.



This seems exactly what Boris the Johnson envisons for the "u" k .. God save the people !

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 18:43

twitter


Shabnam, Salim argue in review against death penalty for killing 7, incl a 10 month old kid of her family.

Lawyer: Her conduct in jail has been exceptional

#CJI: Exceptional after killing a 10 m old? We do justice for society..not on how she behaves with other criminals in jail

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 19:18

4th city to be locked down. 3rd after Wuhan.

We should restrict non Indian travel from affected areas in china.

This is taking on epidemic proportions with no signs of being able to control the spread of the #wuhancoronavirus


twitter

BREAKING: Chinese officials say a 3rd city, Chibi with a population of nearly half a million, will be put on lockdown to prevent the spread of coronavirus

3:48 AM - 23 Jan 2020

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 19:24

twitter


First US case of a new strain of coronavirus has been confirmed by Federal officials - NYT

as does singapore which also reports their first confirmed case of the new corona virus.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 13871
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 23 Jan 2020 20:03

What's up with Abhisex ... How can he be talking sense when the rest of the CON, starting from the top, have their phamous nose struck up the backside of a vocal segment of the population?

https://twitter.com/DrAMSinghvi/status/ ... 0922661888
Abhishek Singhvi @DrAMSinghvi

Bharat mata se azadi & Kashmir se aazadi are secessionist slogans that have no place in a protest against CAA as they are questioning the integrity of our nation as weakening the strong movement against the discriminatory CAA.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 20:46

Image

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 20:49

In the 1946 elections, 90%+ of muslim voters voted for Muslim League running on a single-pt Pakistan agenda.

"We rejected islamic state" is making a post facto virtue out of the necessity of those who didn't have the means to migrate to the Islamic Republic....



twitter



Image

Sachin
Webmaster BR
Posts: 7948
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Undisclosed

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Sachin » 23 Jan 2020 21:54

pankajs wrote:What's up with Abhisex ... How can he be talking sense when the rest of the CON, starting from the top, have their phamous nose struck up the backside of a vocal segment of the population?

My gut feeling is that Congress leadership in North India has smelt the coffee and has now realised that being anti-CAA is going to hit their vote share. The Ghandi family generally are any way puppeteers who pull the strings behind the scene, but there are lots of INC politicians who actually have to meet people and ask for their votes. Along with Abhisex we must also read the statement made by Kapil Sibal; who said every state is duty bound to implement laws passed by the Parliament. Or else it would be violation of the Constitution. May be INC has now realised other than getting votes from dim-wits in states like KL, and a section of Muslims, taking a very anti-CAA stance may hit their vote share else where.

In states like KL, INC is in a fix because if they are no anti-CAA the commies will get the benefits. And commies have nothing to worry, because they jolly well know that they will never be a majority in Indian Parliament :lol:.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 23 Jan 2020 22:08

twitter


Naseer, Munawwar, Indori... all staunch ‘Seculars’ ... then ‘atheists’ like Akhtar, Baby Akhtar, Sr’s wife Azmi... it’s been a virtual parade of eminences rediscovering their identity. Diametrically opposite to otherwise portrayed.
All in all, a welcome outcome.

Varoon Shekhar
BRFite
Posts: 1975
Joined: 03 Jan 2010 23:26

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Varoon Shekhar » 23 Jan 2020 22:24

In fairness, a large number of Moslems didn't even vote in the 1946 election. But of those who did vote, it appears that a majority voted to create a new Islamic state. At least voted for the Moslem League. What would be interesting to find out, is those Moslems who lived far away from the border of the proposed new country, what were they thinking in terms of their future plans.

madhu
BRFite
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 Oct 2005 17:00
Location: India

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby madhu » 23 Jan 2020 22:46

CAA & NRC II: Here are the myths and facts about all-India National Register of Citizens

Myth 1: Nation-wide NRC not announced. Reality Check: It has been notified in the official gazette

The process of preparing a nation-wide NRC has been kick-started with a gazette notification of July 31, 2019. The notification said:

"In pursuance of sub-rule (4) of rule 3 of the Citizenship (Registration of Citizens and Issue of National Identity Cards) Rules, 2003, the Central Government hereby decides to prepare and update the Population Register (PR) and the field work for house to house enumeration throughout the country except Assam for collection of information relating to all persons who are usually residing within the jurisdiction of local registrar shall be undertaken between the 1st day of April 2020 to 30th September, 2020."
Rule 3 of the Citizenship (Registration of Citizens and Issue of National Identity Cards) Rules, 2003, (2003 Rules) mentioned in the gazette, is about the concept of "NRIC and its sub-rule (4) provides for "Preparation of the National Register of Indian Citizens".

This should remove doubts that a nation-wide NRC has not been announced.

Just that instead of being called NRC - which is specific to Assam and mandated by the Assam Accord of 1985 and the Supreme Court (SC) - it is called NRIC and exclude Assam to differentiate the two.
Myth 2: Population Register and NRIC not linked. Reality Check: They are linked

The "population register" the gazette notification mentions the first step towards preparing the NRIC. This is what the sub-rule (5) of Rule 3 of the 2003 Rules says: "The Local Register of Indian citizens shall contain details of persons after due verification made from the population register."
The gazette notification has also made it clear that the house-to-house enumeration for the population register would be carried out between "1st day of April, 2020 to 30th September, 2020". This is the first step towards NRIC as sub-rule (5) says this would be prepared "after due verification" of the population register.

What are Population Register and NRIC?
The Citizenship (Registration of Citizens and Issue of National Identity Cards) Rules, 2003 defines Population Register as: "Population Register means the register containing details of persons usually residing in a village or rural area or town or ward or demarcated area (demarcated by the Registrar General of Citizen Registration) within a ward in a town or urban area".

About NRIC, it says: "National Register of Indian Citizens means the register containing details of Indian citizens living in India and outside India". NRIC would be divided into four sub-parts: (a) State Register of Indian Citizens (b) District Register of Indian Citizens (c) Sub-district Register of Indian Citizens and (d) Local Register of Indian Citizens and "shall contain such details as the central government may, in consultation with the Registrar General of Citizens Registration, specify". (Rule 3)

How will Population Register get converted to NRIC?

Sub-rule (3) of Rule 4 says: For the purposes of preparation and inclusion in the local register of Indian citizens, the particulars collected of every family and individual in the Population Register shall be verified and scrutinised by the local registrar who may be assisted by one or more persons as specified by the Registrar General of Citizen Registration."

Process for identifying and verifying "Doubtful Citizenship" not provided yet

Sub-rule (4) of Rule 4 of the 2003 Rules makes it very clear what will happen during this verification and scrutiny process: "During the verification process, particulars of such individuals, whose citizenship is doubtful, shall be entered by the local registrar with appropriate remark in the population register for further enquiry and in case of doubtful citizenship, the individual or the family shall be informed in a specified pro-forma immediately after the verification process is over."

kittoo
BRFite
Posts: 969
Joined: 08 Mar 2009 02:08

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby kittoo » 23 Jan 2020 23:22

IndraD wrote:Two women mistaken for CAA-NRC surveyors attacked in Rajasthan

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 538439.cms

The surveyor was let off only after she was able to convince the crowd that she, too, was a Muslim, like them. The crowd wanted her to prove she was Muslim by reciting a verse from the Quran and was pacified only after she showed them an "Ayat Al-Kursi.


And this shows what the crowd, no matter where, is looking for. These are Jihadi crowds, make no mistake. They wouldve killed if it was a Hindu woman. Can you imagine?

Also, when census comes up, will the government guarantee safety of census takers in these areas? Especially in Congress ruled states? My mother is a teacher and i will be extremely worried if she was asked to go to a Muslim area to conduct census.

rajsunder
BRFite
Posts: 624
Joined: 01 Jul 2006 02:38
Location: MASA Land

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby rajsunder » 24 Jan 2020 00:03

Varoon Shekhar wrote:In fairness, a large number of Moslems didn't even vote in the 1946 election. But of those who did vote, it appears that a majority voted to create a new Islamic state. At least voted for the Moslem League. What would be interesting to find out, is those Moslems who lived far away from the border of the proposed new country, what were they thinking in terms of their future plans.

Nowadays statisticians tend to figure out the final outcome of elections just by questioning less than 1% of the electorate.
Do u think the vote would have been different if the voting was done throughout India?

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 13871
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 24 Jan 2020 00:26

https://twitter.com/CNNnews18/status/12 ... 5565336577
News18 @CNNnews18

#JustIn - I stand with the people of Shaheen Bagh : Delhi Dy CM Manish Sisodia.
AAP not sure of Muslim support. Hence the need to "stand with the people pf Shaheen bagh"

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1220212971227336704
ANI @ANI

Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on JDU leader Pawan Verma's letter to him on CAA and NRC: If anyone has any issues then the person can discuss it within party or at party meetings, but such kind of public statements are surprising. He can go and join any party he likes, my best wishes

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 22486
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 24 Jan 2020 01:23

The history bufoon is being ripped a new one every day :mrgreen:




kangana ranaut


If there was no Bharat, what was Mahabharat?

Kangana on Saif's remark that there was no concept of India till British left.

Good one.

Skanda
BRFite
Posts: 295
Joined: 18 Sep 2007 02:19

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Skanda » 24 Jan 2020 03:45

I just had a thought. With Amit Shah refusing to budge and Yogi Adityanath upping the ante, almost calling Muslim men as eunuchs, the BJP has perhaps crossed the "hindu-muslim bhai-bhai" rubicon permanently. They perhaps clearly know that Muslims will never vote for them and they seem to be fine with it. Earlier there was a pretense, now there is none of it. Perhaps an indicator of how much things have moved on the ground. Perhaps hindu consolidation has reached a threshold point (hopefully). Only UP elections will tell.

Even the meek Deshratan Nigam who regularly comes on NDTV with an RSS viewpoint has been unusually firm in his statements. He just refuses to budge on anything these days. And the others from Sambit Patra are just stating simple truths to muslims and their representatives.

Primus
BRFite
Posts: 999
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31
Location: Ground Zero

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Primus » 24 Jan 2020 04:36

^ I think this is absolutely true. I am seeing it in my class WA group where the usually quiet ones are also slowly agreeing that enough is enough. The polarization that started with UP elections (shamshan vs kabristan) really woke up the memories of the people at large. It will take a long time for the 'convent educated', uber-secular Hindu to realize things as they are, but I believe the man in the street sees the writing on the wall - maybe not everywhere, but in enough numbers to make a difference.You can see that in the plethora of YT videos purportedly interviewing the common folk on CAA and other issues.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: greatde, Mollick.R and 26 guests