2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by pankajs »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnLGn59U3A0
WATCH: Home Minister Amit Shah's Full Speech On Delhi Violence In Lok Sabha

@39:00 Talks of a "claims comission" that will make the rioters pay for the damages. UP model of riot control being implemented.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

TWITTER:

@theskindoctor13:
Scindia hasn't joined BJP due to some ideological enlightenment. He did because his ambitions weren't bearing fruits in INC.

He is the same arrogant dynast who disrespected Lord Shiva few months ago. Good tactical victory for BJP lekin Scindia ko zyada sar nahi chadhana chahiye.

https://twitter.com/theskindoctor13/sta ... 78688?s=19
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Meenakshi Lekhi in Parliament: “I say make the IB reports of the judges public so that everyone can know why a certain judge has been transferred”.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Manish_Sharma wrote:TWITTER:

@theskindoctor13:
Scindia hasn't joined BJP due to some ideological enlightenment. He did because his ambitions weren't bearing fruits in INC.

He is the same arrogant dynast who disrespected Lord Shiva few months ago. Good tactical victory for BJP lekin Scindia ko zyada sar nahi chadhana chahiye.

I am a bit wary about the BJP welcoming in rejects from the Congress. The tweet is right, he is now singing Modi's praises because of selfish reasons. It's okay as long as they don't reward him over long time loyalists.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Why so much of discomfort saar ?
In politics, there are only selfish reasons. Do you think Pidi's sing psalms for Mafia family because of any love or deep rooted respect ? As long as Scindia is useful to BJP, then why not.

Politics at top level is a true transactional platform otherwise MLA's would not be herded like sheeps from one resort to another.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Wow. Seems like this covid19 thing has had an immediate effect on all the protestors wanting to do naarebaazi and patharbaazi. Not a squeak so far.
greatde
BRFite

Post by greatde »

KJo wrote: I am a bit wary about the BJP welcoming in rejects from the Congress. The tweet is right, he is now singing Modi's praises because of selfish reasons. It's okay as long as they don't reward him over long time loyalists.

Many BJP supporters, and leaders today likely were once kattar Congress supporters.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Best news from Delhi riots is that Hindus did not take it lying down. It was not a one side pogrom

They gave as good as they got inspite of months of Malsi preparation.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Paul wrote:Best news from Delhi riots is that Hindus did not take it lying down. It was not a one side pogrom
Yet to find any source of the complete list of casualties in the riots. But the way media is now behaving, looks like there have been retaliations against the 'peaceful' mobs in some pockets. The 'not so peaceful' people of Delhi did manage to ensure that the riots were limited to only few pockets and the 'peaceful' rioters only got an advantage in ONLY places they have a big majority. The media is now playing the 'Muslims are the victims' not because of any other reason. They do not want to talk about Shaheen Baug any more. So I don't think this was a one-sided battle at all.

And now with the police investigations in full swing, more ugly truths are going to come out. It is no wonder that the 'secular' opposition did NOT want BJP to list out the data and reports on the Delhi riots. Because they knew it would expose them and belligerent minority community, and thus they decided to walk out. My gut feeling is that GoI would now use this instance of rioting to go hammer and tongs on certain ghettos in New Delhi and else where. Social media messaging has also ensured the earlier one-sided/partisan way of main stream media coverage is now useless.

For eg.; main stream media gleefully reported in one place Muslim youth provided security for a Hindu family to conduct a wedding. The usual gang did the wah..wah.. for this news. Social media champs how ever raised a question back - "If it was Muslims who had to stand guard and protect others during riots, was it not admitting that the rioters were from the same community?". Such style of logical questions earlier never used to pass the waste bins of the news paper editor, but today it moves across the world.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgPcQdkFsKw
Smt MeenakshiLekhi's full speech during the discussion on recent law & order situation in some parts

shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

@theskindoctor13:

I think we are holding the idealistic bar on joining BJP way too high. Indeed, that BJP should be wary and not simply import anybody, however this guy is not just 'anybody'. Even if it's for ambition, there's nothing about it. We all have ambitions. However I doubt if that's the case. Except for being denied CM's post, Scindia has been part of important Congress posts. During UPA regime he was a central minister. Hence I am not sure if ambition is the only guiding reason behind the switch. There's something MORE than that. If he proves himself to be Hemanta Biswas caliber, then its all good. Time shall tell. However if BJP is to grow, and grow nationally in ALL different directions, then importing HAS to happen. One should not expect RSS to be a sweat shop for making BJP leaders.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Sachin wrote:
Paul wrote:Best news from Delhi riots is that Hindus did not take it lying down. It was not a one side pogrom
Yet to find any source of the complete list of casualties in the riots. But the way media is now behaving, looks like there have been retaliations against the 'peaceful' mobs in some pockets. The 'not so peaceful' people of Delhi did manage to ensure that the riots were limited to only few pockets and the 'peaceful' rioters only got an advantage in ONLY places they have a big majority. The media is now playing the 'Muslims are the victims' not because of any other reason. They do not want to talk about Shaheen Baug any more. So I don't think this was a one-sided battle at all.

And now with the police investigations in full swing, more ugly truths are going to come out. It is no wonder that the 'secular' opposition did NOT want BJP to list out the data and reports on the Delhi riots. Because they knew it would expose them and belligerent minority community, and thus they decided to walk out. My gut feeling is that GoI would now use this instance of rioting to go hammer and tongs on certain ghettos in New Delhi and else where. Social media messaging has also ensured the earlier one-sided/partisan way of main stream media coverage is now useless.

For eg.; main stream media gleefully reported in one place Muslim youth provided security for a Hindu family to conduct a wedding. The usual gang did the wah..wah.. for this news. Social media champs how ever raised a question back - "If it was Muslims who had to stand guard and protect others during riots, was it not admitting that the rioters were from the same community?". Such style of logical questions earlier never used to pass the waste bins of the news paper editor, but today it moves across the world.

Do not forget that people around Delhi are Jats. They send the maximum number of soldiers into Indian armed forces and have been fighters from thousands of years!!!
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Also the nature and character of Delhi has changed in last 20-25 years. There is influx of people from eastern UP and Bihar and now are a major pole. Post Godhra, there has been a titanic shift in the way erstwhile Dhimmi community retaliates.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Vikas wrote:Also the nature and character of Delhi has changed in last 20-25 years. There is influx of people from eastern UP and Bihar and now are a major pole. Post Godhra, there has been a titanic shift in the way erstwhile Dhimmi community retaliates.
In Meenakshi Lekhi's speech yesterday (worth listening to, BTW) she enumerated the number or riots under various governments and it was very obvious that the maximum number happened under the Congress's watch, especially during RG and MMS regimes. Gujarat, after 2002 has not had a single riot.

Which tells us two things: One, it is almost always the minority community that initiates the riot thinking they can get away with it because they are 'protected' by the ruling party of the state or in the Center. Two, that post Godhra, the formula has changed.

So the ideal combination to prevent any more rioting is - a truly secular government and an awakened Hindu majority that is not willing to take any more nonsense from troublemakers.

Witness how quiet UP has become under YA. I also believe had the BJP won the elections in Delhi, this rioting may not have happened.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Primus wrote: Witness how quiet UP has become under YA. I also believe had the BJP won the elections in Delhi, this rioting may not have happened.
Delhi police is under central govt. so that wouldn't make a difference. If anything, I believe the govt. was too lenient in not letting the police off their leash early enough. Possibly because they didn't want the media to attack them as anti-Muslim bigots carrying out a pogrom. Well guess what! The media did it anyway and they also blamed them for not stopping the violence in the same breath.

Also, if you look at the pictures and videos you can clearly see how poorly equipped the police in our freaking capital are when it comes to riot control gear and equipment. It is absolutely unpardonable for a country like India where riots are fairly common. Just compare the pictures with those from Hong Kong or pretty much any other country where riots and protest happen.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Violence like this can only be curbed if the people are shit scared of what the police might do. The government should not bother about what the media says when they handle these riots. Especially the hypocritical foreign media. If that Shahrukh fellow had tried his macho gun-toting nonsense in front of American cops, they would have put so many bullet holes in him that he'd look like a fishing net.
ranjan.rao
BRFite

Post by ranjan.rao »

nachiket wrote:Violence like this can only be curbed if the people are shit scared of what the police might do. The government should not bother about what the media says when they handle these riots. Especially the hypocritical foreign media. If that Shahrukh fellow had tried his macho gun-toting nonsense in front of American cops, they would have put so many bullet holes in him that he'd look like a fishing net.
i think delhi police was put on defensive due to the following reasons
1. Previous violence on JNU and AMU
2. In general they are very mindful of treatment of 'rioting minority' population ..coz they can muster up no.s very quickly unlike other side. Yes you are right in any other place he would have been lucky to have not been fishing net. Even in UK they shot the guy on bridge when they could have subdued him.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

shravanp wrote:

@theskindoctor13:

I think we are holding the idealistic bar on joining BJP way too high. Indeed, that BJP should be wary and not simply import anybody, however this guy is not just 'anybody'. Even if it's for ambition, there's nothing about it. We all have ambitions. However I doubt if that's the case. Except for being denied CM's post, Scindia has been part of important Congress posts. During UPA regime he was a central minister. Hence I am not sure if ambition is the only guiding reason behind the switch. There's something MORE than that. If he proves himself to be Hemanta Biswas caliber, then its all good. Time shall tell. However if BJP is to grow, and grow nationally in ALL different directions, then importing HAS to happen. One should not expect RSS to be a sweat shop for making BJP leaders.
The objection is not so much as to allowing him to join the party as to not allowing him from behaving as if he is still in the congress party. Expectations should be set that he cannot demand ministry or MP seat or anything else other than what was negotiated before hand. In BJP he has to perform or perish or go back to congress again. Over time, he will be just another MP or MLA.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

He has potential and I think BJP did good to include him in party.

Anyway, I think Mr Chauhan is ready for next important phase in his life to fill the loss of AJ and SS .... let’s see how things pan out.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

As per reports, his father, the late Madhavrao ji wasn't given a ticket by Janata Party and fought the elections as an Independent before joining Congress... For which the family (Mum & Sisters) never forgave him. In that context, this is Ghar Wapasi.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Primus wrote:
Vikas wrote:Also the nature and character of Delhi has changed in last 20-25 years. There is influx of people from eastern UP and Bihar and now are a major pole. Post Godhra, there has been a titanic shift in the way erstwhile Dhimmi community retaliates.
In Meenakshi Lekhi's speech yesterday (worth listening to, BTW) she enumerated the number or riots under various governments and it was very obvious that the maximum number happened under the Congress's watch, especially during RG and MMS regimes. Gujarat, after 2002 has not had a single riot.

Which tells us two things: One, it is almost always the minority community that initiates the riot thinking they can get away with it because they are 'protected' by the ruling party of the state or in the Center. Two, that post Godhra, the formula has changed.

So the ideal combination to prevent any more rioting is - a truly secular government and an awakened Hindu majority that is not willing to take any more nonsense from troublemakers.

Witness how quiet UP has become under YA. I also believe had the BJP won the elections in Delhi, this rioting may not have happened.
godra was a watershed in GJ because of the economic consequences that followed.

the next one in GJ will cause a mass exodus because it will be very prolonged and very disruptive and no court will be able to have any say in the matter and everyone involved knows it only too well.

If shaheenbagh model can be replicated country wide so can other models too.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

What were the economic consequences?
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Economic boycott of malsi businesses.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

They probably have the numbers to do well without the bania’s business. Gujarat may not have the concentrated population found in UP urban areas or metropolitan cities.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

nachiket wrote:Violence like this can only be curbed if the people are shit scared of what the police might do. The government should not bother about what the media says when they handle these riots. Especially the hypocritical foreign media. If that Shahrukh fellow had tried his macho gun-toting nonsense in front of American cops, they would have put so many bullet holes in him that he'd look like a fishing net.
True dat last part. I always was amazed how rioters bullied the cops. I wonder how Chicago cops woulda handled it.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Is GOI mindful of racist, ignorant, Hindu hating Foreign media or is this something we assume ?
If yes, then it is the most stupid thing.
Personally If a rioter can be subdued with force, There is no need to make a fishing net out of him.
Riots are a state of heightened emotions.

It is how the police behaves during normal times which establishes the fear of LEO. Unfortunately Police is India is corrupt to the core, easily manipulated and willing to look the other way depending upon who the ruling party is.

Killing by police generally doesn't send a message to Rioters as much as killing by the other party. GJ post Godhra is a good use case.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Vikas wrote:Is GOI mindful of racist, ignorant, Hindu hating Foreign media or is this something we assume ?
Personally If a rioter can be subdued with force, There is no need to make a fishing net out of him.

It is how the police behaves during normal times which establishes the fear of LEO. Unfortunately Police is India is corrupt to the core, easily manipulated and willing to look the other way depending upon who the ruling party is.

Killing by police generally doesn't send a message to Rioters as much as killing by the other party. GJ post Godhra is a good use case.
This is crazy - are you suggesting that the best way to stop mob violence is via mob violence? I'm sorry but I have been seen how effectively an iron rod (aka the Army) works in riot hit areas.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

So the cops in India are corrupt? They should model themselves on the Denver or Philadelphia police?

I am not sure I mind the Indian police not being militarised. It may be a more civilized way of policing.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Gentlemen, the raging inferno of an issue today is the China virus and subsequent health pandemic,global panic and eco meltdown,never seen before.EVERY sector of our economy is affected.CAA, etc.Let's put all our combined efforts into meeting the crisis and defeating the virus'spread. Scindia's revolt,etc. are mere specks of importance in comparison to the bloodbath and eco massacre worldwide.And whom do we have to thank for? CHINA!

That criminal entity concealed for almost a year the breakout of the Wuhan lab,stifled those warning authorities and communities,even imprisoning them and blatantly lying to the world! Therefore,the eco cost of this global crisis must be placed at China's doorstep.The most stringent eco measures must be fnforced.A ban on Cinese products ( no matter if in the short term the global eco is hurt), a ban on Chinese from travelling out of China and seizing Chinese money in foreign banks.The trillions lost must be recovered in some measure.The GOI could show the globe how to punish China by its own actions forbidding trade,travel and investment with that diabolic,despotic,dictatorship .
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

China needs to be held to account.

I have faith in Americans. Somewhere there is a team of lawyers signing up victims for class action lawsuits.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Cain Marko wrote:
Vikas wrote:Is GOI mindful of racist, ignorant, Hindu hating Foreign media or is this something we assume ?

This is crazy - are you suggesting that the best way to stop mob violence is via mob violence? I'm sorry but I have been seen how effectively an iron rod (aka the Army) works in riot hit areas.
Cain Ji, Yes, this is exactly what I am suggesting. There should be any eye for an eye and maybe more.
First of all, Army is not meant for controlling riots. Police is and they have failed miserably across the decades.
2nd, Controlling riots afterwards is no solace for those already dead. It is the fear of retaliation that stops rioters dead in track.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Philip wrote:Gentlemen, the raging inferno of an issue today is the China virus and subsequent health pandemic,global panic and eco meltdown,never seen before.EVERY sector of our economy is affected.CAA, etc.Let's put all our combined efforts into meeting the crisis and defeating the virus'spread. Scindia's revolt,etc. are mere specks of importance in comparison to the bloodbath and eco massacre worldwide.And whom do we have to thank for? CHINA!

That criminal entity concealed for almost a year the breakout of the Wuhan lab,stifled those warning authorities and communities,even imprisoning them and blatantly lying to the world! Therefore,the eco cost of this global crisis must be placed at China's doorstep.The most stringent eco measures must be fnforced.A ban on Cinese products ( no matter if in the short term the global eco is hurt), a ban on Chinese from travelling out of China and seizing Chinese money in foreign banks.The trillions lost must be recovered in some measure.The GOI could show the globe how to punish China by its own actions forbidding trade,travel and investment with that diabolic,despotic,dictatorship .
Very silly and childish idea !!
And Chinese govt would sit and twiddle its thumbs while rest of world is seizing Chinese assets.
Don't forget China is growth engine of the world and a military power too.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Philip wrote:Gentlemen, the raging inferno of an issue today is the China virus and subsequent health pandemic,global panic and eco meltdown,never seen before.EVERY sector of our economy is affected.CAA, etc.Let's put all our combined efforts into meeting the crisis and defeating the virus'spread. Scindia's revolt,etc. are mere specks of importance in comparison to the bloodbath and eco massacre worldwide.And whom do we have to thank for? CHINA!

But the kid glove treatment and obsequious praise of China in containing the spread of COVID is what we see all around.. even WHO head or Trump.. and then there are Brits like this fellar:
https://www.opindia.com/2020/03/jim-one ... ise-china/

One can cynically surmise that BBC & Western media may even manufacture an alt version of reality that Corona virus actually originated in India and Narendra Modi + Cows + Hindu nationalists were the origin of COVID, they would be readily joined by our secular opposition & intellectual experts.. for those who call the anti-Hindu riots of Delhi as a state-sponged anti-Muslim "pogrom", is this anything new ?

Perhaps India can take some precautionary measures against China, but dont expect west or Islamic nations to follow suit.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

sanjaykumar wrote:They probably have the numbers to do well without the bania’s business. Gujarat may not have the concentrated population found in UP urban areas or metropolitan cities.
Any population that survives primarily on small business is most vulnerable to economic boycott by large section of population. There have been several examples of this.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjaykumar wrote:China needs to be held to account.

I have faith in Americans. Somewhere there is a team of lawyers signing up victims for class action lawsuits.

including illegals, there may be upwards of 200,000 to 250,000 chinese primarily from wuhan in eyetaly

David Vance @DVATW · 18h
Many Italians in Northern Italy sold their leather goods and textiles companies to China. Italy then allowed 100,000 Chinese from Wuhan/Wenzhou to move to Italy to work in these factories, with direct Wuhan flights. Result: Northern Italy is Europe’s hotspot for Wuhan Coronavirus

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I have a feeling now that Leather is mentioned, BD and Pakistan may have many unreported cases.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter seems to agree with you.

nrucimha@nrucimha · 10h

All the governments across the globe should make china pay for the damages caused by WUHAN virus. China should be made responsible for the disaster it created.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@Philip is very right.

The buggers were completely blindsided, clueless, ineffective and thoroughly incompetent in handling the crises and must be made to pay for all the damage caused globally.

the wuhan coronavirus china's black swan.

It is also a black swan for china sourced supply chains. The risk factors are too high for the global economy to have such a large exposure as well as interconnected dependencies on a single source of supply.

the chinese society is not transparent and they have wilfully hidden as well as grossly mishandled the initial outbreak of the wuhan virus for a considerably long period of time knowing jack shit about the risks and consequences involved thus allowing it to spread and now be declared a pandemic.

in many ways, china is still third world in spite of the manufactured hype and deceit. the coronavirus has displayed to the world the fragiity of china's health care and social systems.

It is only because of the brutal and totalitarian nature of their regime, they are now belatedly able to quarantine entire cities. much like bolting the barn doors much after the horses of the coronavirus apocalypse have bolted.

when the wuhan dust finally settles, countries like India are well placed to become the second source for the major supply chains dependent solely on the incompetent hans
China needs to be boycotted globally for what it has given to the world. Another means of reviving global supply chains should be figured out. We have already seen what harm depending on one country can do to economies in crisis like this.
Last edited by chetak on 13 Mar 2020 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

chetak wrote:the wuhan coronavirus china's black swan.

It is also a black swan for china sourced supply chains. The risk factors are too high for the global economy to have such a large exposure as well as interconnected dependencies on a single source of supply.

the chinese society is not transparent and they have wilfully hidden as well as grossly mishandled the initial outbreak of the wuhan virus for a considerably long period of time knowing jack shit about the risks and consequences involved thus allowing it to spread and now be declared a pandemic.

in many ways, china is still third world in spite of the manufactured hype and deceit. the coronavirus has displayed to the world the fragiity of china's health care and social systems.

It is only because of the brutal and totalitarian nature of their regime, they are now belatedly able to quarantine entire cities. much like bolting the barn doors much after the horses of the coronavirus apocalypse have bolted.

when the wuhan dust finally settles, countries like India are well placed to become the second source for the major supply chains dependent solely on the incompetent hans
China needs to be boycotted globally for what it has given to the world. Another means of reviving global supply chains should be figured out. We have already seen what harm depending on one country can do to economies in crisis like this.
There is a culture of dependency on china or a stockholm syndrome that needs to be rooted out from some sectors of the indian pharma sector. Having said that I know a few Eu clients are looking to India to source vegan cosmetic raw materials. Any help would be appreciated please