2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Suraj »

I’m not aware of Dalrymple being an OCI. It’s worth digging into details of his long term residence details - what visa , who is sponsoring it , etc . Mark Tully I know is an OCI .

Please post substantial information only, not speculative comments or rants .
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

India’s super spreaders
Yet, none of this matters to some Muslim clerics in India, who are hell bent on challenging the system time and again on the specious ground that Islam is under threat (Islam khatre mein hai). In fact, this was the theme of the address of the chief of the Tablighi Jamaat, Maulana Muhammad Saad, to his audience at the headquarters of the Jamaat. As per an audio clip of his “sermon” that is in circulation, he asked Muslims to ignore the orders for closure of mosques because there was no better place to be than a mosque.

Second, this Coronavirus scare was a conspiracy to keep Muslims away from each other and to weaken Islam. They should, therefore, not fall a prey to this propaganda. Finally, he declared that there was no better place to die than a mosque. This is absolutely horrendous. It shows that despite his long years of Indian citizenship, nothing in the Indian Constitution, the nation’s democratic and fraternal traditions has rubbed off on him. He seems so maladjusted to the nation’s secular, liberal traditions that he renders himself unworthy of the citizenship of such a great democracy.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Was discussing the Corona Virus situation with a Hindu Tamiz friend and he was acting hyper secular and talking in favor of Jamaatis.
So I shared this link with him. Haven't heard back since, maybe he hates me now, i don't care.

Covid-19 pandemic: Tamil Nadu reports 50 positive cases, 48 were Jamaat meet returnees
Last edited by vimal on 07 Apr 2020 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Suraj wrote:I’m not aware of Dalrymple being an OCI. It’s worth digging into details of his long term residence details - what visa , who is sponsoring it , etc . Mark Tully I know is an OCI .

send a DM to RV Subramani @RudraVS, the ex Home ministry bureaucrat who wrote the book "The Myth of Hindu Terror: Insider account of Ministry of Home Affairs 2006-2010".

he speaks on Pguru channel on various topics.

If you don't have chaiwalla contacts in the HM, he could be your best bet.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This may also be extended across the board affecting all govt servants, serving and retired.

Good move by the govt.

ANI@ANI · 19h
Union Cabinet approves Ordinance amending the salary, allowances and pension of Members of Parliament Act, 1954 reducing allowances and pension by 30% w.e.f. 1st April, 2020 for a year.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

chetak wrote:
Suraj wrote:I’m not aware of Dalrymple being an OCI. It’s worth digging into details of his long term residence details - what visa , who is sponsoring it , etc . Mark Tully I know is an OCI .

send a DM to RV Subramani @RudraVS, the ex Home ministry bureaucrat who wrote the book "The Myth of Hindu Terror: Insider account of Ministry of Home Affairs 2006-2010".

he speaks on Pguru channel on various topics.

If you don't have chaiwalla contacts in the HM, he could be your best bet.
Thanks . A very helpful suggestion indeed .
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Every state seems to be thinking of salary cuts.
Karnataka CM warns salary cut for govt employees; hints at lockdown extension

How Kerala has responded to the coronavirus crisis (by Thomas Issac, Fin.Min in GoKL)
He claims..In Kerala, along with the lockdown, we have declared a Rs 20,000 crore package aimed at transferring money into the hands of the people. Given the hard budget constraints of the state, this package has been financed by frontloading the government’s government’s annual borrowing. This should bust the myth of Rs. 20,000 crore package. Basically it is taking a huge borrowing in advance (for first three quarters of the financial year). The state has taken all its borrowed money in advance to form up this package.

Mean while "secularisation" of COVID-19 continues.
TN avoids using 'Delhi conference'; move to prevent stigmatisation of a community :roll:.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

After PM CARES collects Rs 6,500 crores in just a week, Sonia Gandhi wants it transferred to PMNRF: Here is the real reason

It is rather interesting that Sonia Gandhi would now demand that Rs 6,500 crores and counting should be transferred to the PMNRF instead of being in a focussed fund that aims to fight the Coronavirus pandemic as opposed to PMNRF which is for every disaster that might strike the nation.

Perhaps it is because the PMNRF is now directly under the control of the Prime Minister and the hope that the fund will one day be under the control of a PM that comes from the Congress party, who is bound to be from the Gandhi family, plays an important part in that decision.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I don't understand the need to cut salaries of government employees at this time.

Why inject further uncertanities into the system/public mind in these troubled times? GOI can absorb a bit of pressure on the fiscal deficit.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

pankajs wrote:I don't understand the need to cut salaries of government employees at this time.

Why inject further uncertanities into the system/public mind in these troubled times? GOI can absorb a bit of pressure on the fiscal deficit.
GOI can't absorb more pressure on the deficit. That is the problem - unlike the US, we can't print money against bonds that China will buy, so that US will buy more of their goods.
Only other options are foreign borrowings (sovereign bonds at low interest), cracking down heavily on the high value depositors during DeMo (who have mostly got away scot free) and more aggressive privatisation .
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Our inflation numbers are quite low and therefore I see no reason to believe that GOI cannot print more and add to the fiscal deficit.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

Deans wrote: GOI can't absorb more pressure on the deficit. That is the problem - unlike the US, we can't print money against bonds that China will buy, so that US will buy more of their goods.
Only other options are foreign borrowings (sovereign bonds at low interest), cracking down heavily on the high value depositors during DeMo (who have mostly got away scot free) and more aggressive privatisation .
RBI has lots of surplus money in different accounts that it doesn't need and should have transferred to GoI.
Here is an article on this topic: https://www.capitalmind.in/2020/04/how- ... -slowdown/
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

pankajs wrote:Our inflation numbers are quite low and therefore I see no reason to believe that GOI cannot print more and add to the fiscal deficit.
Adding State Govt deficits, deficit is high. One reason inflation is low is because food prices are artificially low - farmers are suffering. Slightly higher support prices for certain crops will help them. Hopefully that can be offset by lower oil prices.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Perhaps we can take this to Econ thread.

But is India's domestic debt high as compared to other major economies??
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Ram Madhav
@rammadhavbjp
·
7h
India lifts restrictions on export of 24 drugs after PM's conversation with Trump
https://shrts.in/VDR9
-via
@inshorts
India lifts restrictions on export of 24 drugs after PM's conversation with Trump
The government of India has lifted restrictions on the export of 24 active pharmaceutical ingredients and formulations made from them. The restrictions had been imposed last month amid the coronavi...
inshorts.com
:roll: Some people need a 101 refresher on basic PR/optics/messaging/media-spin.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

KLNMurthy wrote:
SRoy wrote:Talking off coolies ...

Most people don't spend time thinking about India-related matters on their own from first principles, let alone go on BRF to engage with good brains on the topic. Why should they, when there is great danger that they may have to encounter brains that are superior to their own, when the whole point of life is to feel that you are superior to everyone else around you?

They just earn money and use it to consume "brand name" goods and services. This is the reason why they strive for upward mobility in India or move to khan-land for opportunity. They left India (whether they live in India or abroad) precisely so that they can feel disdain and condescension towards India, and validate that feeling.

NYT, Economist, BBC etc. are like buying a Gucci bag or BMW or striving to send their kid to Yale or Harvard. Those things may or may not have good functionality, or they could get better functionality for less cost if they let go of the brand. But the whole point of there being a brand is to make people unquestioningly buy the product based on the brand alone, and feeling a sense of accomplishment and status by making the purchase.

Also, I request that you don't show disdain towards real coolies who work for a living and are largely decent, humble and unpretentious.
So well articulated. Ignoring the predictable and well generalizable islamo-supremacists, i classify the anti-India, self loathing Hindu liberals into 4 categories - (a) Those who benefit from a certain power structure (b) To use a British parlance, the upper and mid-level bureaucrat class and their offsprings (c) The neo-upper middle class with a burning ambition to be "global" and "different" and finally (d) The 20 or early 30 something wanna be Che Guevaras .

Out of these 4 classes, i can only understand the intent or confusion of the first and the last class. For ex : A certain section of the Yadav community benefits from jobs, contracts and other sops from Samajwadi Party coming to power in UP, so they readily join forces with anti-nationals to undermine the pro-nationalists in state and center. Similarly its easy to understand the confusion of young people who struggle with identity in their 20s and think its their dharma to be different and "fight the man". But for the life of me i cannot understand the motive or irrational hatred (b) and (c) have towards India, other hindus and Modi.

Unfortunately, all four classes combined there must be atleast 35% to 40% hindus who think this way leaving the burden to defend the nation and its interests on the other 60% who also have to combat the radical islamists, global left media and the bible thumping evangelists.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Bart S wrote:
Ram Madhav
@rammadhavbjp
·
7h
-via
@inshorts
The government of India has lifted restrictions on the export of 24 active pharmaceutical ingredients and formulations made from them. The restrictions had been imposed last month amid the coronavi...
inshorts.com
:roll: Some people need a 101 refresher on basic PR/optics/messaging/media-spin.
Absolutely .. A better way to phrase it would have been "after our internal review and stock tacking" ...
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/waglenikhil/status/ ... 7434299394
nikhil wagle @waglenikhil

3 points proved once again by Modi’s ‘Corona Diwali’: 1) Modi is the most popular leader in India 2) Opposition parties are good for nothing.3) Indians are stupid as always. #9bje9minutes #अंधेर_नगरी_चौपट_राजा
Kaheen deep jale kahin dil!

It confounds me that no one used this song to mock the liberandus who mocked the diya/candle lighting session!
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Bart S wrote:

I am sure most of us in US, even those like me who routinely ignore US media, are watching some form of news just to get latest COVID updates. The level of obsession with every little detail focused on US and US alone is there for all to see. I mean nothing wrong with that in a health crisis like this that so badly afflicts US.

Thus, from India's PoV, any bad mouthing of India by that bufoon Trump will get some traction among his 35% odd die hard bhakts. To this end, after internal review, I am glad India decided to release a bit of hydrocholorquin. Nobody knows the efficacy of this drug towards fighting COVID, some say at best it has questionable value and comes with a lot harmful side-effects. But nevertheless, by acceding to Trump's request, it will keep Trump bahadur's foul mouth against India from reaching American people. Because given their obsession with themselves, the narrative that India denied something to them in their hour of need should not take root. And I am sure Trump is a vindictive moron. His congenial condescension now towards India will easily turn hostile in a heartbeat.

So once again, I say well played ModiJi. Lets give Trump a few ship loads of hydrocholorquine and keep this crap get off the headlines.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Twitter

Sonia Gandhi has 5 suggestions for PM Modi #Covid19

1- Suspend all govt & PSU ads
2- Suspend the Central Vista Project
3- Put all foreign visits on hold
4- Reduce govt expenditure by 30%
5- Transfer PM-CARES funds to PMNRF

https://indianexpress.com/article/coron ... i-6351354/
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

So, suspend all ads in the media by government, but SoGa sends all her letters to the press ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This is a stunning speech by gurumurthy

Well worth a listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4lZ02IrDvU

AYODHYA VERDICT - STUNNING VIEWS OF SHRI S GURUMURTHY JI

Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Mollick.R wrote:Twitter

Sonia Gandhi has 5 suggestions for PM Modi #Covid19

1- Suspend all govt & PSU ads
2- Suspend the Central Vista Project
3- Put all foreign visits on hold
4- Reduce govt expenditure by 30%
5- Transfer PM-CARES funds to PMNRF

It seems Mafia queen is suffering from severe heartburn due to point no 5.

“The PM CARES, or the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund has been set up as a public charitable trust. The Prime Minister is the chairman of this trust and its members include Defence Minister, Home Minister And Finance Minister.

A senior BJP functionary said Congress was objecting to PM-CARES because the Congress president had not found a place in it unlike in the PMNRF. “The idea is not to make the PM-CARES fund political in any sense. There is no BJP representation on the PM-CARES fund – people will be on the trust based on their positions in government,” the functionary said.

After PM CARES collects Rs 6,500 crores in just a week, Sonia Gandhi wants it transferred to PMNRF: Here is the real reason
https://www.opindia.com/2020/04/pm-care ... al-reason/

Did you know that the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund had the President of Congress party in its managing committee
https://www.opindia.com/2020/04/pmnrf-m ... d-to-know/
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1247456690603089926
Sidhant Sibal @sidhant

Central Govt has got request for extension of #lockdown. Most states & experts in favour of extention of lockdown, central govt thinking in that direction: sources #COVID
Seems every state want's the lock-down extended ...
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

First consignment to one of our neighbors has been dispatched ..

https://twitter.com/GotabayaR/status/12 ... 0475029511
Gotabaya Rajapaksa @GotabayaR

I wish to convey my heartfelt appreciation to Hon PM @narendramodi, Govt & people of #India for your warm gesture in sending medicines to #LKA on a special chartered flight. Your kind & generous support is deeply appreciated in this hour of need

#TogetherWeCan #COVID19
https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1247492413959987201
Sidhant Sibal @sidhant

India gifts a 10-tonne consignment of medicines to Sri Lanka. The consignment was brought to Sri Lanka by an Air India Special Charter flight today.
#COVID
Not only the medicine but also the delivery was done by India to Sri Lanka as a gift.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/ShekharGupta/status ... 7460639744
Shekhar Gupta @ShekharGupta

Am learning about this silly Hydroxychloroquine issue with help from @ChandnaHimani, our stellar pharma/health reporter. Sobering to see how little I knew. India consumes 20 lakh (2 mill) HCQ pills/month. It makes 20 cr (200 mill). Rest exported. Can easily scale to 300m/month
Our Non-Covid demand = 2 million / month
Production = 200 million / month
Capacity = 300 million / month

Now this is for current capacity of Tablets I guess. What is our total API demand and internal supply? How far up can the internal supply of API be ramped up and how fast?
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I like the fact that we help our neighbors but I think we are missing a trick here.

After all the help we do to some countries, why do many of them still hate us?

In the old days, swathes of Dharmic land was converted to Abrahamic. How was that done? By targeting the ruler of the area. Once the raja converted, then it became easy to convert the land. China uses the same idea, they don't spend time helping the people directly, they focus on making nice with the leader of the country.

So India needs to be chankian in that respect and do this in a 2 pronged manner. Make the leader happy in whatever way he needs, and also help people visibly. If the leader is unhappy then they can divert Indian funds or spread poison like what happened in Nepal. Afghanistan is a good example for doing it right.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

CRamS wrote:
Bart S wrote:
I am sure most of us in US, even those like me who routinely ignore US media, are watching some form of news just to get latest COVID updates. The level of obsession with every little detail focused on US and US alone is there for all to see. I mean nothing wrong with that in a health crisis like this that so badly afflicts US.

Thus, from India's PoV, any bad mouthing of India by that bufoon Trump will get some traction among his 35% odd die hard bhakts. To this end, after internal review, I am glad India decided to release a bit of hydrocholorquin. Nobody knows the efficacy of this drug towards fighting COVID, some say at best it has questionable value and comes with a lot harmful side-effects. But nevertheless, by acceding to Trump's request, it will keep Trump bahadur's foul mouth against India from reaching American people. Because given their obsession with themselves, the narrative that India denied something to them in their hour of need should not take root. And I am sure Trump is a vindictive moron. His congenial condescension now towards India will easily turn hostile in a heartbeat.

So once again, I say well played ModiJi. Lets give Trump a few ship loads of hydrocholorquine and keep this crap get off the headlines.
Can't this HQC release be tied with a request to extend the H1B visa holders' stay to 6 months (or whatever) if they lose jobs due to the Chinese virus?
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/waglenikhil/status/ ... 7434299394
nikhil wagle @waglenikhil

3 points proved once again by Modi’s ‘Corona Diwali’: 1) Modi is the most popular leader in India 2) Opposition parties are good for nothing.3) Indians are stupid as always. #9bje9minutes #अंधेर_नगरी_चौपट_राजा
Kaheen deep jale kahin dil!

It confounds me that no one used this song to mock the liberandus who mocked the diya/candle lighting session!
Here you go, as always, the inimitable Kureel:

Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

KJo wrote:I like the fact that we help our neighbors but I think we are missing a trick here.

In the old days, swathes of Dharmic land was converted to Abrahamic. How was that done? By targeting the ruler of the area. Once the raja converted, then it became easy to convert the land. China uses the same idea, they don't spend time helping the people directly, they focus on making nice with the leader of the country.

So India needs to be chankian in that respect and do this in a 2 pronged manner. Make the leader happy in whatever way he needs, and also help people visibly. If the leader is unhappy then they can divert Indian funds or spread poison like what happened in Nepal. Afghanistan is a good example for doing it right.
Why do you think that that is not happening behind the scenes?
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Kati wrote:
CRamS wrote:

Can't this HQC release be tied with a request to extend the H1B visa holders' stay to 6 months (or whatever) if they lose jobs due to the Chinese virus?
Saar, how does extension of H1B status for some people (not even employed by Indian IT companies anymore) serve the strategic interest of India? If India is demanding a price in return, should it not be something in the larger interest of the nation and not just a few individuals (who are relatively privileged in comparison with the rest of their countrymen)?

If there are so many people sacrificing and suffering because of the impact of COVID, why can't these elites just deal with it, and move on? Are their needs more dire or situation more pressing than the plight of NRI laborers stuck in the Gulf, or millions of laborers stranded in Indian cities? I would argue that Indian interests would be best served by these folks moving back and contributing to local needs like developing apps to track COVID status (like the Chinese have for every citizen) or building an India based application ecosystem/toolset/SAAS for video conferencing so that we don't need to depend on foreign countries for video and audio conferencing? On that last point, the only major local one that I know of is developed by Zoho, who operate out of small towns in TN for a significant fraction of their company and don't rely on H1B folks (no offence to any of them).
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Bart S wrote:
KJo wrote:I like the fact that we help our neighbors but I think we are missing a trick here.

Because the neighborhood is still not very friendly even after decades of help.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KJo wrote:
Bart S wrote:

The beedis and the lankans are just piling on like the rest.

just look at the attitude of the beedi cricket team when they win against India. This speaks volumes about their civilizational ethos and is in no way related to any sport.

the nepalis are slowly becoming a role model of how a neighbour ought not to behave

there is no letup in their decades old self serving and entitled attitudes towards India.

they all grab what they can get for free and malevolently piss all over us just a few days later.

a bit of the cheeni testimonial squeeze will work wonders.

our major mistake is and has always been the this fallacious "people to people contacts" BS and the vomitus inducing pappi jhappi and all this being done with no tangible returns.

Big mistake because in our case familiarity has bred injurious contempt from the neighbors.

just wait and watch as we ship tons of covid medicines to the pakis too while they set the jamatis on us
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

chetak wrote:
KJo wrote:

The beedis and the lankans are just piling on like the rest.

just look at the attitude of the beedi cricket team when they win against India. This speaks volumes about their civilizational ethos and is in no way related to any sport.

the nepalis are slowly becoming a role model of how a neighbour ought not to behave

there is no letup in their decades old self serving and entitled attitudes towards India.

they all grab what they can get for free and malevolently piss all over us just a few days later.

a bit of the cheeni testimonial squeeze will work wonders.

our major mistake is and has always been the this fallacious "people to people contacts" BS and the vomitus inducing pappi jhappi and all this being done with no tangible returns.

Big mistake because in our case familiarity has bred injurious contempt from the neighbors.

just wait and watch as we ship tons of covid medicines to the pakis too while they set the jamatis on us
This is a long game, and had incompetent politicians for decades. Only now is a serious effort being made and you can see the results in SL and Maldives, apart from Bangladesh. I am talking about the govts of those countries, there will always be malcontents within the population due to reasons out of our direct control but we can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. There will always be ups and downs but overall direction should be fine.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Bart S wrote: I would argue that Indian interests would be best served by these folks moving back and contributing to local needs like developing apps to track COVID status (like the Chinese have for every citizen) or building an India based application ecosystem/toolset/SAAS for video conferencing so that we don't need to depend on foreign countries for video and audio conferencing? On that last point, the only major local one that I know of is developed by Zoho, who operate out of small towns in TN for a significant fraction of their company and don't rely on H1B folks (no offence to any of them).
There are enough India based COVID related apps under development. Also enough India based video conferencing solutions. Vidphon.com is very good but no love from Indian industry and govt yet. GoI and NASSCOM are not promoting made in India software solutions and using US maal even when quality competing products exist.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

Not sure if this is the right thread to post.

Via Local Commie Underlings, Beijing Officially Disapproves :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/blogs ... 5b569134a4
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

https://twitter.com/rishibagree/status/ ... 5057559552
USA wants #hydroxychloriquine urgently from India

India Govt in return asked

➡️Unrestricted Access to USA market for its Pharma companies
➡️Lift all bans levied by US FDA
➡️FDA will not harass Indian Pharma companies henceforth

USA accepted all demands in 24 hours
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1247456690603089926
Sidhant Sibal @sidhant

Central Govt has got request for extension of #lockdown. Most states & experts in favour of extention of lockdown, central govt thinking in that direction: sources #COVID
Seems every state want's the lock-down extended ...
I am going against the tide here, they have enough time to identify the clusters. This seems more like enjoying beauracratic privilege at the cost of citizens. A better plan would
1. Close all schools, creches , summer camps etc till June 20. Allow 25-30% collection of school fees to keep the salaries going
2. Close cinemas , malls, clubs, keep restaurants for delivery only till 10 May
3. Keep places of Worship/ religious congregations/ marriages closed for say 10-15 more days
4. For trains (including local trains restricted stops to main stations) / flights we need Aadhar linked test kit and verification. Person traveling must have taken Covid test before hand, proven negative and biometric verification should happen before they can be allowed access to the Railway station/ flight. No congregation allowed at Airport/ Railway stations.
5. Stop all inward international flight travel except of emergency.
6. In order to stop covid through packaging materials, stop imports of white goods, consumer materials, electronics etc for 6 months. Oils, Coal , Raw materials should only be imported.

Allow private establishments with public transport to function
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Mort Walker wrote:https://twitter.com/rishibagree/status/ ... 5057559552
USA wants #hydroxychloriquine urgently from India

India Govt in return asked

➡️Unrestricted Access to USA market for its Pharma companies
➡️Lift all bans levied by US FDA
➡️FDA will not harass Indian Pharma companies henceforth

USA accepted all demands in 24 hours
Is this fake news or what? :-)
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Good article by the erudite Brahma Chellaney on the role of China and Jihadis in the spread of COVID

https://www.hindustantimes.com/columns/ ... XEUUM.html

Only point of disagreement I have is with his observation on why Indian govt allowed Shaheen Bagh for so long. According to him, it because govt wanted to build up a back lash against the protesters. I doubt it. More likely because India's colonized elite and BIF romanticized this Jihadi gathering as the triumphalism of Indian democracy and glorified the women protesters as Gandhian peace-nicks fighting "oppression", that had Indian govt moved to clean them up, the headlines in white newspapers would have screamed bloody murder. Hence BJP govt chickened out IMO. But the sad and ironic part is that the same combination of BIF, India's colonized elite, and white newspapers still accuse Indian govt of murder.