2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Manish_Sharma »

TWITTER:

Sahana Singh@singhsahana wrote:
There's a new Hinduphobic paper on the block. It's called 'The Juggernaut' and you might be seeing its aggressive advertising on FB, Twitter and Insta. The paper innocuously stands for "smart journalism on South Asia". There are some cute stories on Indian food and Bollywood.

But if you probe deeper you will see exactly the same pattern you find in departments of South Asian studies all over the world. The agenda is evident. It has articles on how Muslim actors like Shahrukh Khan are forced to play Hindu characters in Bollywood.

It has articles on "Delhi's anti-Muslim pogrom" & "rise of Hindutva" abt which parents "need" to have conversations with their children. Alarmingly, many Hindu children I know are liking & sharing these stories. Many stories are written by people with names like Meghna Rao.

Why have Hindus failed so terribly in telling their stories? Why are their children not able to make the connections between their colonial history and what is happening now? The Hinduphobic side has a clear strategy but the Hindus don't. This is very disturbing.

I would really be interested to know who is funding Juggernaut. Is this a part of the USD 1 billion that George Soros mentioned he would be injecting to curb "Indian nationalism" and what he called the "most important and most enduring project of my life"?

It is easy to block adverts coming from The Juggernaut but what will you do about all those Indian kids who are reading it? Since it keeps coming up in my Insta feed, I realized that plenty of my friends' children were subscribing to it. Costs less than one dollar a week.
https://twitter.com/singhsahana/status/ ... 72258?s=19
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

ramana wrote:It flummoxes me that these guys are getting such legal support to even go to ICJ which has no locus standi.
The condemned men are illiterates or semi-literates. So looks like their case is being used by some smart lawyers of New Delhi to prove their 'legal credentials'. Advocate for one of the condemned men was Vrinda Grover. When it cases to gruesome murder & rape cases there are many advocates who take up such cases in order to improve their 'credibility' among the criminal crowd. There was an other wise unknown advocate B.A Aloor who defenced the rapist & murderer Charlie @ Govindachamy in a case in Kerala. He got the man off the noose. ICJ etc will have no say in this case, and AFAIK no case is pending regarding the condemned men in any court in India.
Suraj wrote:As Swarajyamag explains, each of the 4 Nirbhaya accused gets four rounds of appeals , and by law since they are being condemned for the same crime, they all have to finish appeals procedures before any of them can be executed
They have actually exhaused all options, and this plan to goto ICJ is just the last gimmick. ICJ takes up issues between two soveriegn countries, IMHO. Don't know how it can try criminal cases in an independent country. Each of the condemned man had the rights to file curative petitions and mercy petitions. Now each of them have exhausted those options. These rapist murderers are loosing any sympathy by just trying to act smart even now. As it is on social media the Indian judicial system is getting lampooned with many of the common people appreciating Sajjanar IPS and the Telengana police.
KL Dubey wrote:Good move by goremint.....shows the current CJI and others in line the "carrot" side of thingz.....and maybe Chandrachud will like the carrot idea more than the possible stick.
Surprised to see that Ranjan Gogoi quickly accepted this proposal. The whining from the seculars have already stated. They are now busy making an RSS Uniform for Gogoi. When Justice (Retd.) Sadashivam became the Gov for KL, many people had raised eyebrows. Justice Sadashivam was a CJI, who had given the oath to President of India. And after retirement he accepted an appointment which would be under the President of India.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

If the legal recourse is available, I don't know why media is crying murder for the four men using it. If Ram Singh who committed suicide and the Juvenile who got out were still around, You could have added 4+4 more rounds of appeal.
Unless the law is changed, everyone gets to find loopholes and workaround in it. That's why they pay lawyers.
Law is an ass but then we made the law.
As far ICJ and maybe UNGA and UNSC (in future), these are all gimmicks to buy some more time.
The key here is how many more are on death row but nothing is happening, thanks to Judiciary and Law officers.

Personally I think this hope and doom of impending death is more painful than the death herself.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Vikas wrote: The key here is how many more are on death row but nothing is happening, thanks to Judiciary and Law officers.
From wiki, as per NCRB, since year 2001- 2328 have been sentenced to death. Only 4 have been hanged.

Dhananjoy Chatterjee (2004), Ajmal Kasab (2012), Afzal Guru (2013), Yakub Memon (2015).

I think the key itself has been lost somewhere and the lock is wide open.. and nobody seems to know who is the owner of the house
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

The ICJ claim seems to be an attempt to confuse the jail authorities? To make it appear as if there is an outstanding appeal before a court? The claims made in the letter written by their lawyer to the ICJ are quite outrageous and defamatory to the judicial system of India.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Sickular vs Peaceful fight happening on twitter ...
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Gerard wrote:The ICJ claim seems to be an attempt to confuse the jail authorities? To make it appear as if there is an outstanding appeal before a court? The claims made in the letter written by their lawyer to the ICJ are quite outrageous and defamatory to the judicial system of India.
Indian judicial system isn't earning any brownie points by the way it works.
Remember Priyadarshini Mattoo rape & murder case where accused who was a son of high ranking Police officer got reprieve from SC despite it being rare of the rare crime.

Lawyers will do whatever they can to save their client. Don't be surprised if this lawyer ends up in a political party or becomes another PB/Jaisingh.
Jail authorities should and will throw any such letter in the dustbin nearby.
Personally I think if the state is going to kill someone as punishment, The defendant should be allowed to exhaust every law, mercy petition and loophole.Its not their fault that there exists a law which offers these terms and conditions.

As Manish posted above,
as per NCRB, since year 2001- 2328 have been sentenced to death. Only 4 have been hanged.
Why hang subjective few while leaving others to enjoy life thanks to Judicial bias.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

4 out of 2328 (3 terrorists and 1 child rapist/murderer) with 4 due on Friday (high profile rapist/murderers) suggests the process of application of the death penalty is capricious and political.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:Sickular vs Peaceful fight happening on twitter ...
And thus is started ... Just scan the TL of Swati Chaturvedi AFTER this tweet of hers. See all the sickular responses and follow them to read the replies from the piecefuls and the uber-sickular folks!

I will tell you this ... these sickulars have themselves often written worse than Rana. So why are they upset with her? Well .. they are all jealous of her now that she gets to write opinion pieces on WaPo and get to smooch with the global left! Theek hai.

https://twitter.com/bainjal/status/1239822917409501185
Swati Chaturvedi @bainjal

People are dying, india is battling a pandemic & this vile person who has the empathy of door knob is gloating. The joke is on you if you consider this moral leper a journalist
https://twitter.com/GarvSeSecular/statu ... 8807290880
GarvSeSecular فخریہ سیکولر @GarvSeSecular
Replying to @bainjal

Much as I admire you for your work, must say this was uncalled for.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I have a classmate in UAE, she said mosques there are closing.
And we have mosques in India open because of secularism. :evil:
chetak wrote:Image
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/Ambedkarcarvan/stat ... 2554642432
Ambedkar's Caravan @Ambedkarcarvan

Burnnn @RanaAyyub
Vasooli for the damage done by rioters have started in UP.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KJo wrote:I have a classmate in UAE, she said mosques there are closing.
two "allies" of UT do not want the mullahs to be affected: the congis and the p@w@rful peoples.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

KJo wrote:I have a classmate in UAE, she said mosques there are closing.
chetak wrote:
Saudi has just announced mosque closures too.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

pankajs wrote:Vasooli for the damage done by rioters have started in UP.
The visual shown on the TV grab would cause major H&D loss for the 'secular' and 'peacefool' cabal. It clearly shows who the rioters were, and now that they have also owned up and paid the fine. 8)
Vikas wrote:If the legal recourse is available, I don't know why media is crying murder for the four men using it.
Gerard wrote:The ICJ claim seems to be an attempt to confuse the jail authorities? To make it appear as if there is an outstanding appeal before a court?
I am sure that the jail authorities too would double check with their higher authorities as well as legal cells. The condemned men are Indian citizens, they committed a crime in Indian territory and the Indian judicial system sentenced them to death. There is no 'international' aspect to it. If ICJ becomes an appellate court for Supreme Court of India, then India's sovereignty and independent judiciary would become a farce. I don't think GoI would allow that.
Vikas wrote:Unless the law is changed, everyone gets to find loopholes and workaround in it.
The present rule; i.e criminals sentenced to death should be executed all together and the sentence is kept in abeyance even if one of the condemned men have an appeal pending - was formulated in 1980s. There was a reason to it. In Punjab three men were accused of murder and sentenced to death. One of the men did not file any appeal and he was executed. The second condemned man actually got the case re-opened and could prove that his crime was not proven 100%. The court was forced to commute his sentence. Now when this was happening, the third man had filed a mercy petition to the President. SC advised the President to commute the sentence of the third person, since they had commuted the sentence of the second man. But the first man who had given up on his hopes had actually left the world by then.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Sachin wrote:They have actually exhaused all options, and this plan to goto ICJ is just the last gimmick. ICJ takes up issues between two soveriegn countries, IMHO. Don't know how it can try criminal cases in an independent country.
I haven't actually seen that mentioned. Here's the original Swarajyamag article:
Nirbhaya Case: Why It Is Taking So Long To Carry Out The Death Sentences
The article makes it clear the petitions by each one was filed at different times.

The ICJ thing is just handwaving. As far as I know (IANAL) there's no precedent for it, and GoI isn't obligated to wait for ICJ to say anything, or listen to anything they say either.

However, the fact that these four can tactically petition separately is a legal loophole to close - anyone who's a co-accused should only be allowed to petition as a group since they're being tried and punished for the same crime at the same time. There's no reason they should be able to petition independently.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Suraj wrote:
Sachin wrote:They have actually exhaused all options, and this plan to goto ICJ is just the last gimmick. ICJ takes up issues between two soveriegn countries, IMHO. Don't know how it can try criminal cases in an independent country.
I haven't actually seen that mentioned. Here's the original Swarajyamag article:
Nirbhaya Case: Why It Is Taking So Long To Carry Out The Death Sentences
The article makes it clear the petitions by each one was filed at different times.

The ICJ thing is just handwaving. As far as I know (IANAL) there's no precedent for it, and GoI isn't obligated to wait for ICJ to say anything, or listen to anything they say either.

However, the fact that these four can tactically petition separately is a legal loophole to close - anyone who's a co-accused should only be allowed to petition as a group since they're being tried and punished for the same crime at the same time. There's no reason they should be able to petition independently.

Not sure but I seem to remember reading that the aap was instrumental in providing this loophole.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

I don't know the history, but in any case, it makes no legal sense to issue a pardon for only some of the accused in a crime for which they've all been sentenced together. Therefore it makes no sense to have a process where any of them can independently petition, either.

If anyone can do the legwork of finding dates associated with petitions made by each of the condemned, that would be useful information. I'm not sure the courts maintain these records online, though.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

pankajs wrote: worse than Rana. So why are they upset with her? Well .. they are all jealous of her now that she gets to write opinion pieces on WaPo and get to smooch with the global left! Theek hai.

I agree with you that many of the libarandus going after this Jihadi pervert Ayyub have been as vile in their attack on ModiJi/BJP and what they call 'bhakts'. It could also be that some libarandus are jealous of Ayybu because she gets to smooch white bahadurs like Dexter Filkins.

Having said that, I am no piskologist, but I have to say that some of the libarandus like Swati Chaturvedi are indeed genuine in the hurt they felt that this b!tch is gloating over a tragedy that has afflicted the nation. I can bet you, this Ayyub along with her Paki handlers are gloating that there are more deaths in India due to this virus, and they are hoping that this epidemic consumes India.

On another note, I am bloody sick and tired of our DDM giving space to TSP perverts. Every day I see something on rediff or HT or ToiLeT on what Shoaib Akhtar said or some other Paki puke said. Disgusting bloody bunch.

Finally, today's award for the colonial rascal of the day goes to the DDM dork who had the headlines: Jim Maxwell wears "ethnic Indian" attire for his engagement to some Indian chic. Look the colonized rat, "ethnic" by an Indian dorkie to describe Indian attire. I can imagine some CNN/BBC bimbo to use that phraseology, and an Indian?
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

Suraj wrote:I don't know the history, but in any case, it makes no legal sense to issue a pardon for only some of the accused in a crime for which they've all been sentenced together. Therefore it makes no sense to have a process where any of them can independently petition, either.

If anyone can do the legwork of finding dates associated with petitions made by each of the condemned, that would be useful information. I'm not sure the courts maintain these records online, though.
All of them are guilty but not in equal proportions depending upon circumstances and their actions, hence each case of mercy should be heard independent of all others based on its own merit
pandyan
BRFite

Post by pandyan »

Looks like in Saudi during normal days if 7 or 8 are seen together discussing, police uncle will stop by to enquire. I wonder how Saudi will handle the protestors?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Larry Walker wrote:All of them are guilty but not in equal proportions depending upon circumstances and their actions, hence each case of mercy should be heard independent of all others based on its own merit
They're all being sentenced for the same crime and given the same punishment, i.e. death by hanging. They're not being hung from different heights of something. By law, those who are being sentenced together and have received the same sentence, must have that sentence carried out together. They can't be executed separately. So there's no reason they should be able to appeal separately.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Time to use anti-Dalit law and fix these scums (editors/owners/journalists) every one involved. Time to bring these scums down.
Sister newspapers: Anandabazar Patrika; Ebela
Editor: R. Rajagopal
Editor-in-chief: Arup Sarkar
First issue date: 1982
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Suraj wrote:
Larry Walker wrote:All of them are guilty but not in equal proportions depending upon circumstances and their actions, hence each case of mercy should be heard independent of all others based on its own merit
They're all being sentenced for the same crime and given the same punishment, i.e. death by hanging. They're not being hung from different heights of something. By law, those who are being sentenced together and have received the same sentence, must have that sentence carried out together. They can't be executed separately. So there's no reason they should be able to appeal separately.
+1

Also a thing often heard & given as a reason for the delays is the dearth of hangmen. Is this accurate?

If yes, then why not look at alternate methods. Lethal Injection, Gunshot..
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:
pankajs wrote:Sickular vs Peaceful fight happening on twitter ...
And thus is started ... Just scan the TL of Swati Chaturvedi AFTER this tweet of hers. See all the sickular responses and follow them to read the replies from the piecefuls and the uber-sickular folks!

I will tell you this ... these sickulars have themselves often written worse than Rana. So why are they upset with her? Well .. they are all jealous of her now that she gets to write opinion pieces on WaPo and get to smooch with the global left! Theek hai.

People are dying, india is battling a pandemic & this vile person who has the empathy of door knob is gloating. The joke is on you if you consider this moral leper a journalist
Another view
https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1239921837326270469
iMac_too @iMac_too

Smelling fish in Durbari outrage against Jihadini Ayyub. Seems they are sensing law is closing in on her & hence haramis are distancing from her
arvin
BRFite

Post by arvin »

More delay tactics.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/nirbhay ... ai-rum=off
The wife of Akshay Kumar Singh, one of the convicts in the Nirbhaya case, has filed for a divorce in a local court in Bihar's Aurangabad.
In the plea, the wife of convict Akshay Kumar Singh has said she does not want to live the life of a widow as her husband is set to be hanged on March 20. The court has posted the matter for March 19
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Appointing CJI to any political position or office of benefit post retirement is bad and should be shunned especially in current dispensation when CJI is more powerful than any other office.
It has nothing to do with - Since Congress did it, so I get a pass excuse.
Any decision by any CJI will become suspect knowing that it potentially may have been influenced by promise of future benefit.
Congress has followed horrible policies and that's why they are in the dog house and we have kicked them out of office.
There is absolutely nothing that congress has done and should be followed.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

A thank you to "jurnos" who helped Kamalnath's government in MP ...

https://twitter.com/nisheethsharan/stat ... 9760610304
Nisheeth Sharan @nisheethsharan

And now is spate of largesse, Kamalnath allocates 50 govt houses to journalists, list being typed right NOW!!

Is this going to save the fate of his govt? Or its fate in the coming elections?
The utter peutrification of the left .. similar to what has been observed in India too.
https://twitter.com/ramprasad_c/status/ ... 9199062017
Ram @ramprasad_c

American left is more worried that Trump is calling a virus that originated in China, a China virus than they are about Chinese claiming that the virus originated in the US.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Vikas wrote:Appointing CJI to any political position or office of benefit post retirement is bad and should be shunned especially in current dispensation when CJI is more powerful than any other office.
Any decision by any CJI will become suspect knowing that it potentially may have been influenced by promise of future benefit.
Congress has followed horrible policies and that's why they are in the dog house and we have kicked them out of office.
Is this kind of idealism good for the Hindus and BJP, when their opponents will use every means available to entrench themselves in power and create a ecosystem to support them when out of power?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjayc wrote:
Vikas wrote:Appointing CJI to any political position or office of benefit post retirement is bad and should be shunned especially in current dispensation when CJI is more powerful than any other office.
Is this kind of idealism good for the Hindus and BJP, when their opponents will use every means available to entrench themselves in power and create a ecosystem to support them when out of power?

why do we assume that the govt doesn't know what it is doing.

This requires both offer and acceptance and both conditions are present.

If it is indeed as bad as is being projected:

why was the offer made.

why was the offer accepted.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

how easily one forgets the prostrations, the @ss licking and the guboing one did while desperately hoping to be "appointed" as the guv of j&k :mrgreen:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

China Expels New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Washington Post Journalists https://swarajyamag.com/insta/china-to- ... n-ten-days via @swarajyamag
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak wrote:
how easily one forgets the prostrations, the @ss licking and the guboing one did while desperately hoping to be "appointed" as the guv of j&k :mrgreen:
Katju’s contempt against Gogoi perhaps stems out from a past incident when in 2016, a Supreme Court bench headed by then SC Judge had slapped a contempt notice on retired judge Markandey Katju for his controversial social media posts on sensitive issues.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

chetak wrote:
sanjayc wrote:

why do we assume that the govt doesn't know what it is doing.

This requires both offer and acceptance and both conditions are present.

If it is indeed as bad as is being projected:

why was the offer made.

why was the offer accepted.
Sanjay, There is no idealism involved here. All of us are way passed that stage of looking for idealism.
I understand as much as anyone else that morality in politics is subjected to the environment in which it operates but that which is wrong is wrong. Necessary, required and for a greater cause but still wrong.
How is Gogoi being offered MP'ship equivalent to creating a ecosystem.
My objection is on having any shred of faith in Judiciary being torn after such offers being accepted. There was no dying hurry for the Ex-CJI to accept the offer.

Chetak, Govt of course knows what it is doing, even MMS govt knew what it was doing, still it did not made all that right.
Govt is the ones making the offer which ex-CJI could not refuse. I would understand if Gogoi Ji gets a senior position in govt now and turns out to be another Jaishankar or Gadkari.

BTW go back few pages and you will see how Justice Ranjan Gogoi was berated on the same pages of BRF when he was part of famous-4.

In Principal this offer is something that could have been avoided at least for 2 years period.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

chetak wrote:
chetak wrote:
Katju’s contempt against Gogoi perhaps stems out from a past incident when in 2016, a Supreme Court bench headed by then SC Judge had slapped a contempt notice on retired judge Markandey Katju for his controversial social media posts on sensitive issues.
Katju is a local clown. He is Rakhi Sawant of his ecosystem so laugh, smile but pay no serious attention to this blithering idiot.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Isn't the Rajya Sabha seat offered to Gogoi a President nominated (non political) one? Having retired Supreme Court Justices sit in the upper house isn't something unheard of. In the UK, the initial Supreme Court Justices, the former Lords of Appeal in Ordinary, get to return to their seats in the House of Lords upon retirement. The crucial issue is whether the appointment is beholden to a political party. Having retired experienced senior judicial officers as members can benefit the upper house if they don't descend into the political morass.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Wanted to talk about this after the delhi riot(?), but was prescribred mandatory r&r by the mods, does anyone have a handle on anurag thakur? The person has been involved in every major bjp protest and yet has never been charged. I first watched him during the unfurling of the tricolor in J&k during 2008-9(?) when it was jail time for breaking the peace, now he is one of the three to be charged (by the public) with inciting the crowd and even now the limelight is not on him, odd that. He is associated with the bcci as a secretary perhaps, is mos of finance, is conscripted into the territorial army, his father is the former cm of hp,in addition to which he has been awarded with the outstanding mp award. Maybe he is angling towards the arun jaitley chair of cricket-finance combo, but is also never prosecuted by the media, why the discrepancy?
A Deshmukh
BRFite

Post by A Deshmukh »

There could be some plan for Gogoi to be in RS.
- numbers to pass important bills like UCC, Population Control, NRC, etc. OR
- major judicial reforms with Gogoi leading the efforts.
a lot of things need to be done. and Modi is man in a hurry. we will wait and see how this evolves.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

He was/is a high flyer. Did got some bad name I think due to some BCCI thing. Still back.