2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Vayutuvan »

Vikas wrote:^ Back to my query, Some of the Ministerial picks by Modi Ji are baffling.

Mean-e-while any career bureaucrat who rose during Italian mafia - Silent Sardar rule must be looked at with prism of doubt and assumed to be in Mafia pocket unless proven otherwise.
HRD was led by PV saab, once upon a time.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Kati wrote:Lautenberg Amendment – US Law that Grants Asylum to Non-Muslim Minorities

https://drishtikone.com/2020/01/lautenb ... inorities/
Dynamite, huh? :). I like, I very much like. Thanks, this will serve to shut certain loudmouths up.

Pramila Jayapal, jai ho ma'am! You rock.

Here's a kicker from that article:
Lautenberg Amendment is a law that expires each year and must be reauthorized by the government. So if Congresswoman Jayapal and her Democratic colleagues are so very worried about such laws, 2020 is a great year to go ahead and campaign to REPEAL the Amendment! Or include Muslims from Iran for asylum in the United States! Will Congresswoman Jayapal include Iranian Muslims in the Lautenberg Amendment on the basis of religious persecution for expedited asylums like the Jews, Christians, and Baha’is when it comes for reauthorizaton in 2020?
To really embarrass this woman and others like her, a campaign could be started to repeal the Lautenberg Amendment in 2020, since this is the equal (not equivalent) of fascist India's CAA. If not repeal, then Muslims from Iran must be included in the act!
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

The Lautenberg Amendment, Public Law 101-167, enacted November 21, 1989
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/STA ... df#page=45

See page 68
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

sanjaykumar wrote:^^Lahore was a Hindu Sikh city. Some Christian gifted it to Muslims. 1965 saw an impoverished India at the gates of Lahore. The next conflict will be orchestrated by India from a position of strength.
Something on lines of give away your knowledge wealth power because
* Handsome invaders came over from somewhere and taught you heatheins pegeins sanskrit
* British and earlier invaders didn't loot you enough
* When fighting under British leaders (the Brits) could rule world.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Title 8 USC §1157
Pub. L. 101–167, title V, §599D, Nov. 21, 1989, 103 Stat. 1261
"(1) For purposes of subsection (a), the Attorney General, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Coordinator for Refugee Affairs, shall establish-

"(A) one or more categories of aliens who are or were nationals and residents of an independent state of the former Soviet Union or of Estonia, Latvia, or Lithuania and who share common characteristics that identify them as targets of persecution in that state on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion,[;]
"(B) one or more categories of aliens who are or were nationals and residents of Vietnam, Laos, or Cambodia and who share common characteristics that identify them as targets of persecution in such respective foreign state on such an account; and
"(C) one or more categories of aliens who are or were nationals and residents of the Islamic Republic or Iran who, as members of a religious minority in Iran, share common characteristics that identify them as targets of persecution in that state on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.
"(2)(A) Aliens who are (or were) nationals and residents of an independent state of the former Soviet Union or of Estonia, Latvia, or Lithuania and who are Jews or Evangelical Christians shall be deemed a category of alien established under paragraph (1)(A).

"(B) Aliens who are (or were) nationals of an independent state of the former Soviet Union or of Estonia, Latvia, or Lithuania and who are current members of, and demonstrate public, active, and continuous participation (or attempted participation) in the religious activities of, the Ukrainian Catholic Church or the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, shall be deemed a category of alien established under paragraph (1)(A).

"(C) Aliens who are (or were) nationals and residents of Vietnam, Laos, or Cambodia and who are members of categories of individuals determined, by the Attorney General in accordance with 'Immigration and Naturalization Service Worldwide Guidelines for Overseas Refugee Processing' (issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service in August 1983) shall be deemed a category of alien established under paragraph (1)(B).
https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req ... ion=prelim
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

sudarshan wrote:
Kati wrote:Lautenberg Amendment – US Law that Grants Asylum to Non-Muslim Minorities

https://drishtikone.com/2020/01/lautenb ... inorities/
Dynamite, huh? :). I like, I very much like. Thanks, this will serve to shut certain loudmouths up.

Pramila Jayapal, jai ho ma'am! You rock.

Here's a kicker from that article:
Lautenberg Amendment is a law that expires each year and must be reauthorized by the government. So if Congresswoman Jayapal and her Democratic colleagues are so very worried about such laws, 2020 is a great year to go ahead and campaign to REPEAL the Amendment! Or include Muslims from Iran for asylum in the United States! Will Congresswoman Jayapal include Iranian Muslims in the Lautenberg Amendment on the basis of religious persecution for expedited asylums like the Jews, Christians, and Baha’is when it comes for reauthorizaton in 2020?
To really embarrass this woman and others like her, a campaign could be started to repeal the Lautenberg Amendment in 2020, since this is the equal (not equivalent) of fascist India's CAA. If not repeal, then Muslims from Iran must be included in the act!
Please add climate refugees from Bangladesh(Who created global warming?), Rohingya, Baloch persecuted by Iran, Uyghurs etc
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Some more ammunition against the Desi anti-India lobby in the US, who love to use the word fascist when talking about India.

genocide caused global cooling:
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation ... 50745.html

Native Americans denied voting rights till even after WWII
https://www.history.com/news/native-ame ... itizenship
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

BRF-gurus, please forward the Lautenberg article (Lautenberg Amendment – US Law that Grants Asylum to Non-Muslim Minorities)
to DDM journalists. Let's see how they sit on pins and needles.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Kati wrote:BRF-gurus, please forward the Lautenberg article (Lautenberg Amendment – US Law that Grants Asylum to Non-Muslim Minorities)
Not likely. These are utterly shameless, "will-sell-my-mother-for-money" type of sh!tstain people. They are committed to a particular ideological objective (and probably paid for it), so they will continue their twisted stories in spite of any logical or reasoned arguments/evidence.

Teaching these "journalists" the truth should not be the objective, rather it should be to disseminate the truth to the general public at the very grassroots level (not just the English news and Twitter reading section). The BJP is doing excellently in the latter objective and the people are now in very strong support of any CAA, NPR, NRC, stuff.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

^^^ Absolutely, the positions are hardened. Also, when convenient they will say, I don't care about USA, I care about "my country India". Bloody low slime balls, using national symbols like anthem and constitution to break India.

But one sinister objective that I hope BIF DO NOT succeed in is to 'normalize' TSP through this Faiz shit. I see Jihadis in mutfi like Javed Akhtar, Amir Raza, Irfan Habib, and other scum bags who are indulging in all kinds of contortions to:

1. Claim that piece of vcrap from faiz about eliminating idol worshipers and only keeping Allah is somehow not to be taken literally and its only allegoric

2. Comparing a vile rabid Jihadi dictator like Zia Ul Haq with ModiJi, BJP, and RSS

On #2, just think about how that suits TSP and its 3.5 like sections of US who are inimical to India. The narrative will be along these lines in the NYT/WP/Economist etc: "Protests in India by students using a revolutionary poem by a Paki intellectuals is bringing the nuclear armed South Asian rivals together to isolate extremists on both sides". So not only will all of TSP's crimes be whitewashed, but TSP can continue to pump its pigLeTs under the back drop of this narrative.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Kati wrote:BRF-gurus, please forward the Lautenberg article (Lautenberg Amendment – US Law that Grants Asylum to Non-Muslim Minorities)
I think this was discussed in TIMESNOW
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

I have been thinking about the opposition to the CAA. All the more mystifying because everyone had at sometime or the other been supportive of the broad contours of the law. So what explains it? I have a theory. For decades from President Radhakrishnan's days, we have been told that Hinduism is not a religion but a way of life. Such an argument ignores a more fundamental aspect. All religions are about a way of life for human beings to conduct their affairs in this world. Isnt Islam a way of life for muslims to organise their worldly lives? For that matter isn't Christianity too, a code of life for Christians? So why this distinction when it comes to Hinduism? It seems to me the attempt here is to somehow strip Hinduism of the hallowed status of religion. This has political implications. Politics centres around a shared sense of identity among a group of people in a Nation State. It could be built around ethnicity or communal or linguistic identities. In the Indian context this poses a problem for political classes if a large section of India built its identity around a construct called Hindu religion. This is because before BJP or its predecessor Jan Sangh came along identity for the dominant group (hindus) was built around class divisions (communists), caste (Lohiate parties) linguistic (DMK, JDS etc.). Congress built it around another identity which can be called 'not this', 'not this' - sort of a political equivalent of advaitic definitionof Brahman. It was called secularism after a fashion. With parties having invested their political capital around an existing notion of identity, the BJP's attempt to build a new identity runs the risk of nullifying this investment and hence they have to oppose it. The passage of CAA coming as it did after repeal of Article 370 underscored the urgency of opposing an alternative form of identity for the non-Muslim and non-Christian segment of the population.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Shias in Kashmir protest against US killing of Suleimani

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shia-muslims ... 00332.html
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

My take is that there was a plan to populate Jammu with Rohingyas, completely sideline Hindus there and separate Kashmir from India. And Modi would have taken the blame for it. Article 370 and CAA smashed this plan. Hence, the BIF response and from thier perspective they think these protests help them win elections reeling on poor short term memory and extreme personal selfishness.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Aditya_V wrote:My take is that there was a plan to populate Jammu with Rohingyas, completely sideline Hindus there and separate Kashmir from India. And Modi would have taken the blame for it. Article 370 and CAA smashed this plan. Hence, the BIF response and from thier perspective they think these protests help them win elections reeling on poor short term memory and extreme personal selfishness.
Yes, that too was possible as game plans go. But we have been fed this line, 'Hinduism is a way of life and not a religion', for so many decades (we even had an essay by Servapalli Radhakrishnan in our undergraduate degree days) I am astonished that it remained uncontested even to this day. I could be wrong. But it seemed to me that is how it had been.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/dna/status/1213517702934884352
DNA @dna

Maharashtra: Congress MLA Kailash Gorantyal announces resignation after ministerial snub
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

One good thing about dispatch of Sulemani to Hell is news now focusing on Indo-Gulf.

With fast moving International news cycles, Kashmir and CAA will be out of public discourse.
After all America is the biggest Satan on earth and DT is more fascist than Modi and Iran is Jigar-ka-Tukda.
These commie-Fiberal-EJ & Pakhis must be ruing the timing of American drones Hellfire missile.
Who would care about some stupid protest in India when there is WW-3 (ok that might be exaggeration) knocking on the doors of International powers and Iran can fight back with only local terrorism bringing more Sunni-American wrath on its population.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://theprint.in/india/broken-ventil ... rs/344856/
And add this.
All siculars interested in CAA and nobody is bothered about the death of these children.
Imagine if it were a BJP ruled state, all hell would break loose
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The context is important and not the labouriously contrived explanation of some deceptively prejudiced moron like javed akhtar trying to convince the Hindus that faiz himself was not communal or that his poetry was not communal when every communist who ever claimed to be secular and atheist, was also a rabid Hindu hater, starting with the most venomous bigot of them all, karl marx.

watch video

How @TahirGora ji knows, exactly what offended Hindus when all RW and LW are busy justifying that Faiz was not Hindu hater.

In today’s circumstances, It is alarming, when u hear..SAB but giraye jaayenge, bas naam rahega ALLAH ka.

https://twitter.com/mini_090909/status/ ... 1583348741
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Peregrine »

https://youtu.be/U_OZeRGQ0-o

Imran Khan’s frustration in New York - Tahir Gora & Anis Farooqui in Prime Time

Cheers Image
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

https://www.google.com/search?q=jamia+m ... o_7Mr3Gm9M

This is logo of Jamia Millia - is Tahir Gora stating that the engraving on the star is - Alla hu Akbar ??

And librandus are calling it a secular institute ??
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/vid ... 099731.cms
Maharashtra: Congress MLA Kailash Gorantyal to quit party after ministerial snub
Shiv Sena MLA Abdus Sattar also threatening to quit.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

I feel opposition and people are stretching too much on CAA/NPR/NRC. Now that they know Modi cannot be cornered by development or corruption they have decided to do fear-mongering of muslims and effectively created a narrative that CAA/NPR is against secular ethos. Don't know how MAD can counter this?
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Nicely articulated. The line he says towards the end is particularly telling - to paraphrase - "we have subconsciously decided that anything Hindu has to be stupid."
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

nandakumar wrote:...With parties having invested their political capital around an existing notion of identity, the BJP's attempt to build a new identity runs the risk of nullifying this investment and hence they have to oppose it. The passage of CAA coming as it did after repeal of Article 370 underscored the urgency of opposing an alternative form of identity for the non-Muslim and non-Christian segment of the population.
+1

Any Pan Indian identity is a threat to congoons as they used to be the only Non regional entity who owns that identity

States fight for water, central projects, language, visibility in cabinet etc so again no pan indian identity. Pitting one group against the other automatically favors the alternative : congress

Stability used to be the other identity- Congress has already lost that

Essentially it is an existential fight for Congress for identity as well as for some others . Hopefully they will not stoop lower. Lack of real thought leadership in these parties have led to a vacuum creating festering cess pits.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

madhu wrote:I feel opposition and people are stretching too much on CAA/NPR/NRC. Now that they know Modi cannot be cornered by development or corruption they have decided to do fear-mongering of muslims and effectively created a narrative that CAA/NPR is against secular ethos. Don't know how MAD can counter this?
there is no need to counter it. consolidation is happening towards BJP...rahul as always has embarked on a suicidal path and will once again lose 2024 elections. the current anti CAA has opened the eyes of many people..trust me. talk to the people on the ground who vote..they dont care a sh!t about secularism. such lofty ideals are only in the minds of whisky sipping , cigar smoking or JNU/AMU type gentry.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

madhu wrote:I feel opposition and people are stretching too much on CAA/NPR/NRC. Now that they know Modi cannot be cornered by development or corruption they have decided to do fear-mongering of muslims and effectively created a narrative that CAA/NPR is against secular ethos. Don't know how MAD can counter this?
By welcoming the protests and not looking at their their kagaz. It is like voluntary impoverishment.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

nandakumar wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:My take is that there was a plan to populate Jammu with Rohingyas, completely sideline Hindus there and separate Kashmir from India. And Modi would have taken the blame for it. Article 370 and CAA smashed this plan. Hence, the BIF response and from thier perspective they think these protests help them win elections reeling on poor short term memory and extreme personal selfishness.
Yes, that too was possible as game plans go. But we have been fed this line, 'Hinduism is a way of life and not a religion', for so many decades (we even had an essay by Servapalli Radhakrishnan in our undergraduate degree days) I am astonished that it remained uncontested even to this day. I could be wrong. But it seemed to me that is how it had been.

I think what they mean is that Hinduism arose from how the ancient people of Bharat lived. There was not one founder like Christianity or Islam. But really, what difference does it make? Hinduism is our way of life.

I say that Hinduism is a way of life AND a religion. When talking with lovers and peacefuls, always play the megalomaniac who thinks that what he has is the best ever without being disrespectful. Pisses them off.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

madhu wrote:I feel opposition and people are stretching too much on CAA/NPR/NRC. Now that they know Modi cannot be cornered by development or corruption they have decided to do fear-mongering of muslims and effectively created [/b]a narrative that CAA/NPR is against secular ethos[/b]. Don't know how MAD can counter this?
India needs anti-dote for this Congress-defined secular ethos that is fed/brain-washed with for last 70 years and needs counter narrative/shocks to move people to UCC and do away with special privileges for Muslims and Christians. So far I see this Anti-CAA/NPR/NRC is limited to some Islamic and Congress controlled zones and no one else seem to be buying that cool-aid narrative.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

Masked miscreants with sticks on campus: JNU

The Delhi Police entered the JNU campus on Sunday on the request of the university administration following a clash between two groups of students, officials said.

The varsity administration called police to restore law and order in the campus, they said.
greatde
BRFite

Post by greatde »

The opposition is trying to build negativity in the air/environment. Thus, it's essential BJP counters with positivity about the country, economy and other conditions. Yet, their current message of a "work-in-progress" is simply not good enough for our short memory Indian public....

Ultimately, we have 50% who are confused Hindus and, they are and will be affected by all this negativity. The next 25% are already pro-Hindu, whereas the other 25% have too much of the secular-drink and will never vote BJP ever. This protest targets the 50% confused Hindus and it will work if morale continues to go down...
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

greatde wrote: Ultimately, we have 50% who are confused Hindus and, they are and will be affected by all this negativity. The next 25% are already pro-Hindu, whereas the other 25% have too much of the secular-drink and will never vote BJP ever. This protest targets the 50% confused Hindus and it will work if morale continues to go down...
This is exactly my worry is. This should not turnout to be like anna hazare movement during UPA. Many many of them do not know what is CAA/NPR/NRC but think they are modi's work to divide people. They are so blind folded that they dont want to listen anything other than what is false news.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

madhu wrote:Masked miscreants with sticks on campus: JNU

The Delhi Police entered the JNU campus on Sunday on the request of the university administration following a clash between two groups of students, officials said.

The varsity administration called police to restore law and order in the campus, they said.
They are masked so that they can't be identified by cameras. But all it needs is a few mufti policemen present on campus to capture a few and unmask them. The others will escape but the full brunt of law can be brought on these few people. Looks like there should be a permanent police presence inside JNU and superior intelligence as to what the commie congi goons are up to.
But the best solution is to cut humanities departments to negligible strength across India, replace staff with those who do not subscribe to communist, liberal ideology, cut access to funds for congi commie ecosystem.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

hanumadu wrote:https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/vid ... 099731.cms
Maharashtra: Congress MLA Kailash Gorantyal to quit party after ministerial snub
Shiv Sena MLA Abdus Sattar also threatening to quit.
they seem to have sent their "resignations" to people who cannot accept them.

It's all a pressure tactic.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Some sort of attack inside JNU. The plan seems to be to keep this on the boil now that CAA has petered out.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

The target of the opposition, at least the strategists is to paint a picture of dystopia that under BJP/ModiJi, India is being torn apart along religious lines is the narrative. They will also cleverly include Dalits. And they have likes of any # of Dalit 'intellectuals' as willing collaborators in whipping up this negativity. And their audience is the 'international community'. Lets not hedge here, but for those of us who live in US, we know media toes the govt line on foreign policy. So this barrage of negativity from NYT/WP/Economist etc clearly reflects their respective govt's thinking.

To your question on how MAD can counter it? They are doing what they have to. Reaching out and explaining their PoV. Where I would be worried is if all the negativity prevents foreign investment from flowing in to help improve economy. It looks like Japan is stalling in investing in Assam post Abe's decision to postpone his visit in lieu of protests. The opposition is feasting on this. So, if this kind of negativity continues and economy goes further south, it will surely affect BJP's electoral prospects and even ability to govern effectively. I am talking about fence-sitting Hindus who might fall for all the negativity.

There is a clear distinction between Hindus on one side, and Muslims/Christians on the other. The latter vote en masse as a block and along clear religious identities. Hindus on the other hand are a divided lot and very hard getting them to vote as a block beyond a certain point. Or else these protests should have clearly consolidated the Hindu vote in favor of BJP. (I mean the p!ssfuls and their leadership clearly showing where their loyalties lie). Maybe it will, I don't know, but history has shown that this is not a certainty.

Just to give you an example of how disunited Hindus are, please see this Sonia Sena slavish lout, Sanjay Raut addressing a p!ssful rally with full of fire and hatred against BJP.

https://www.rediff.com/news/column/what ... 200105.htm

Seasoned BRites know about my prediction aeons ago. The hatred against BJP/ModiJi, or shalll we say the hatred of Hindus is so pervasive that the day is not very far off when opposition and 'Hindu' opportunists like Sonia Sena collude with Pakis to take on BJP. We are seeing this play out in slow motion.
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

Amu and jamia? One expects nothing but trouble there. But how long will the Gov allow lawlessness to continue at jnu. Really needs a new VC who has both academic and disciplinarian credentials.

Not paying special attention to HRD ministry has allowed for situation to descent to this level.
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

chetak wrote:Secularism explained in less than 2.5 minutes

watch the videos in sequence

The plight of Hindus in a legally secular India. #WakeUpHindus. Think of the India you want to leave for your descendants

https://twitter.com/haryana_sanjay/stat ... 7357316096

https://twitter.com/haryana_sanjay/stat ... 0960706560
Combined video below:
https://youtu.be/tG5N-iUUiWs
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Sicanta wrote:Amu and jamia? One expects nothing but trouble there. But how long will the Gov allow lawlessness to continue at jnu. Really needs a new VC who has both academic and disciplinarian credentials.

Not paying special attention to HRD ministry has allowed for situation to descent to this level.
Why not Subramanian Swamy for VC of JNU?
Now that would be a bold decision. :mrgreen:
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

CRamS wrote:The target of the opposition, at least the strategists is to paint a picture of dystopia that under BJP/ModiJi, India is being torn apart along religious lines is the narrative. They will also cleverly include Dalits. And they have likes of any # of Dalit 'intellectuals' as willing collaborators in whipping up this negativity. And their audience is the 'international community'. Lets not hedge here, but for those of us who live in US, we know media toes the govt line on foreign policy. So this barrage of negativity from NYT/WP/Economist etc clearly reflects their respective govt's thinking.
Pricks like John Cusack are retweeting articles, tweets about CAA/NRC/fascist India in their TLs. I am pretty sure this idiot would have not taken a minute of his time to actually read CAB in its entirety and thought about its pro & cons before RTing.

I have a cousin who is a lawyer by profession but does not practices it. She became a liberal and engages in habits which can be considered rebellious from our community POV. She does these things out of spite. When she was in BLR, she was part of a NGO. I am not sure what she does currently as she has moved out of BLR.

Anyways, this weekend we had fun when she was visiting BLR. Right on the first day, she went to one of the "protest". When asked about it, she started with usual Anti-CAA/NRC BS...of course through counter arguments, her lack of understanding or deliberate obfuscation about the bill was exposed and when pried further, she openly admitted that she (& many of his ilk) hates Modi, AS & BJP. Further, she admitted that if the current CAB and/or NRC is passed by any party other than BJP, she would have no problem.