Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Atmavik
BRFite

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

Post by Atmavik »

Mort Walker wrote:I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pfizer and Sinopharm has forced the hand of WHO to delay EUA for Covaxin.

Very good … now who can source Pfizer(too expensive) or sinopharm(rice wine) for there covax program. India should only export vaccines as part of bi Latrell deals
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^Wow... Was watching the dashboard .. and last time I noticed it needed about 1.5 Million doses.

Great!
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

We crossed a billion doses.

Well done Modi Sarkar.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Pratyush wrote:We crossed a billion doses.

Well done Modi Sarkar.
Cowin Dashboard is not showing it yet but it has been confirmed by official sources.
(Eg this link
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Dashboard had crossed 100.03 crores when I had posted.

Any way 100 crores has been crossed.

A part of me is thinking in terms of attacking every one who flooded my what's app with negative messages during the second wave. For that being the fault of Modi.

If the second wave was Modi's fault. Then this is 100% his achievement.

Should I be generous in view of this accomplishment. Not rub their noses in dirt?
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Jashn-e-injection shuru kiya jaye
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Irshad
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Amber G. wrote:^^^
Amber G. wrote:Per News sources: India has delayed committing supplies of vaccine to the COVAX global sharing effort, two sources told Reuters on Tuesday, a day after one of its key backers, the WHO, said the agency could not "cut corners" to approve a domestically developed vaccine.

Now..
Ghebreyesus (Director-General of the World Health Organization)'s Tweet.
Had a call with @mansukhmandviya, India's Health Minister, to discuss #India's ongoing #COVID19 vaccination programme; the need for a global pandemic agreement; digital health; & traditional medicine. We welcome India's support to strengthen WHO, incl. via flexible, sustainable financing,"
Also:
The Minister and I also discussed #VaccinEquity issues: the resumption of SII/AstraZeneca vaccine supplies to #COVAX; the Covaxin Emergency Use Listing process; and technology and license sharing through C-TAP.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well done
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

vijayk wrote:Image
The answer to Sreenivasan Jain's question is Yes. Most countries have depended on 1 vaccine, at the most 2.
We are the only one producing 3 different vaccines, 2 of which have been developed in India.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Pratyush wrote: Should I be generous in view of this accomplishment. Not rub their noses in dirt?
Pratyush'ji, you are a BRF Oldie and isn't the above a newbie question?

I thought there will be lungi dance on the achievement followed by mandatory rubbing the noses of morons like Chetan Bhagat.

PM Mudi can be prime-ministerial and be a statesman. And hence can be generous. We are not statesman :-)
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

China-linked disinformation campaign blames Covid on Maine lobsters
Zha Liyou, the Chinese consul general in Kolkata, India, tweeted an unfounded claim that Covid-19 could have been imported to China from the United States through a batch of Maine lobsters shipped to a seafood market in Wuhan in November 2019. It marks the latest in a series of theories that have been pushed by pro-China accounts since the start of the pandemic.

With some further digging, Schliebs uncovered a network of more than 550 Twitter accounts, which he shared with NBC News, spreading a nearly identical message, translated into multiple languages — including English, Spanish, French, Polish, Korean and even Latin — at similar times each day between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. China Standard Time.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

When will the Chinese learn not to eat anything that can crawl, walk, or fly? No more bat soup infused with tiger benis for you!
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

SinghS
BRFite

Post by SinghS »

I wanted to break this news here after a month. My startup is working on an affordable solution, where we can identify and isolate Covid-19 or any such disease in the workplace even before it becomes communicable. I hope to be ready with MVP by november end.

I filed an RTI with health ministry sometime ago, regarding Virus Incubation Cycle. They forwarded my request to CSIR. The reply was that basically zilch was done by our great government funded scientific organizations.

Another nugget; a birdie told me that Covid19 Vaxxing is not the end of story of pandemic.

Conclusion: We should be ready for many Covid and it's clones in future.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile India is so generous .. teaching UK things like how to read digital vaccine certificates etc...
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

SinghS wrote:I wanted to break this news here after a month. My startup is working on an affordable solution, where we can identify and isolate Covid-19 or any such disease in the workplace even before it becomes communicable. I hope to be ready with MVP by november end.

I filed an RTI with health ministry sometime ago, regarding Virus Incubation Cycle. They forwarded my request to CSIR. The reply was that basically zilch was done by our great government funded scientific organizations.

Another nugget; a birdie told me that Covid19 Vaxxing is not the end of story of pandemic.

Conclusion: We should be ready for many Covid and it's clones in future.
can we use this in elevators/trains?
Hope you are filing for patents
SinghS
BRFite

Post by SinghS »

It relies upon wearable and is being designed to detect an infection in late incubation/early prodromal stage, where it is not being spread.

At present, by the time a person is identified with Covid19, he would have already passed it to 100s of people. Our system will stop it.

It can be used on trains, provided a wearable is issued with every ticket and collected at the destination for reuse.

Can't be used in elevators as it is not a contactless device.

The main purpose is to allow school, colleges, factories, delivery boys, banks to operate without any fear of passing of infectious diseases among the workforce. You won't need masks. Lockdown won't be required for next virus or a new strain, even if vaccine is yet to be discovered. Can provide a complete incubation cycle and spread pattern of an infection easily.

Regarding patents, there are some areas in physical device/calibration, we may file. But the actual magic happens in the algorithm which makes it possible.

I don't know what is possible to get things patented der. Will see as money starts flowing in.

Currently arranging funds, rushing to complete the development and in talks with a big school in a large school chain to implement it. Have understanding to implement for staff, and if satisfactory will be extended to all the students.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile, In India of eligible adults
76% with at least one shot..
32% fully vaccinated.
Closed to home in the family - have gotten a booster (mRNA) (100% of all adults, who are eligible), 100% fully vaccinated 12 years and above, 100% above 3 years and up with at least one shot. (Among children, only one 3 year old grand-daughter had fever, none other had any other side effects. (All vaccines are mRNA type).

US is now allowing/recommending booster for all J&J (2 months after the first dose), and all mRNA( Pfizer and Moderna) (65+ and 6 months after the last shot). They are also allowing mix and match. After Nov 2, wide availability for all 5 years and above.

PLEASE GET Vaccinated as soon as you can.
Last edited by Amber G. on 23 Oct 2021 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This didn't age well

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Over 7.7 million just today for a cumulative total of over 1021 million.

Suraj - Did you notice from MoHFW that 2nd dose given has exceeded 1st dose? This has been going on for some days now. Last update for Oct. 23rd morning showed 2.899 million 1st dose and 3.949 million 2nd dose.

https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/Cummulativ ... er2021.pdf
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

SinghS wrote:It relies upon wearable and is being designed to detect an infection in late incubation/early prodromal stage, where it is not being spread.

At present, by the time a person is identified with Covid19, he would have already passed it to 100s of people. Our system will stop it.

It can be used on trains, provided a wearable is issued with every ticket and collected at the destination for reuse.

The main purpose is to allow school, colleges, factories, delivery boys, banks to operate without any fear of passing of infectious diseases among the workforce. You won't need masks. Lockdown won't be required for next virus or a new strain, even if vaccine is yet to be discovered. Can provide a complete incubation cycle and spread pattern of an infection easily.

Regarding patents, there are some areas in physical device/calibration, we may file. But the actual magic happens in the algorithm which makes it possible.

I don't know what is possible to get things patented der. Will see as money starts flowing in.

Currently arranging funds, rushing to complete the development and in talks with a big school in a large school chain to implement it. Have understanding to implement for staff, and if satisfactory will be extended to all the students.
Good luck. If you need help, I can refer to few investors in Bangalore. Please let me know
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Mort Walker wrote:Over 7.7 million just today for a cumulative total of over 1021 million.

Suraj - Did you notice from MoHFW that 2nd dose given has exceeded 1st dose? This has been going on for some days now. Last update for Oct. 23rd morning showed 2.899 million 1st dose and 3.949 million 2nd dose.

https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/Cummulativ ... er2021.pdf
Yes this has been the case all week . The momentum has swung towards full vaccination side now .

There are too many stupid people including Bloomberg who do not understand basic math and can’t figure that with a 12 week interval it is normal for first doses to much exceed second , compared to a country with primarily 21/28 day interval like US.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^What?!? I thought you and Andy Mukherjee were chaadi buddies? :rotfl: :mrgreen: :rotfl:
Ramu
BRFite

Post by Ramu »

Something is not right with Chinese vaccination numbers. Smells like Sialkot statistics or may be my assumptions are wrong.

Google shows 2.8bn only for China (mainland). I rarely see mainland mentioned in any of the Chinese numbers. Also if I assume there are 1 billion mainland Chinese including newborn and infants, did they all get 3 doses each? This lentil looks greyish black.

Assuming they all got 3 doses, why are they doing new lockdowns in many areas?
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

MoHFW that 2nd dose given has exceeded 1st dose? This has been going on for some days now. Last update for Oct. 23rd morning showed 2.899 million 1st dose and 3.949 million 2nd dose.
FWIW: These numbers are absolutely consistent with SUTRA's mathematical modeling. The second dose % will improve in next two months..(when we start 12-18 or younger people then first dose, as expected will again take a hike ..)
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Good News: IIT Hyderabad will carry on the outstanding work of covid19india. A beta version of the website is at:
https://covid19tracker.in
(Thanks to some members of Sutra team for making this happen)
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

vijayk wrote:
SinghS wrote:It relies upon wearable and is being designed to detect an infection in late incubation/early prodromal stage, where it is not being spread.

Good luck. If you need help, I can refer to few investors in Bangalore. Please let me know
All the best SinghS, I've not understood the full concept you are pursuing but perhaps you may not want to reveal all just yet. Same offer as above form me should you need it.
SinghS
BRFite

Post by SinghS »

Cyrano wrote: All the best SinghS, I've not understood the full concept you are pursuing but perhaps you may not want to reveal all just yet. Same offer as above form me should you need it.
The concept is very simple: Infection happens in 3 stages - Incubation, Prodromal and Clinical disease.

1. A person comes in contact with an infective agent by air we breath, food, open wound or body fluids....if we eliminate these from the surroundings, infection won't spread.

2. Once a person has ingested infective agent, he enters "Incubation Stage". Infection doesn't spread in this stage. There are no symptoms.

3. Once there is enough viral load, the infection reaches "Prodromal Stage"...now the person has minimal symptoms but actively spreads the infection by body fluid discharge and exhaling air.

4. Finally Clinical disease stage is reached and he/she goes for test and disease is confirmed. But by that time damage is done and many more are already infected.

Our solution is to identify infection in Late Incubation/ Early Prodromal and immediately isolate the person. You won't have any infected air and body fluid, spread in the school/workplace; as the person is yet not spreading. It also provides a much earlier warning to the person isolated and seek early medical attention.

Actually the application is limitless!

How do we do that?....a very small code of software :) . Hope it makes sense.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Thank you, the concept is clear. Whats behind your " :) " is an interesting puzzle to mull over !
SinghS
BRFite

Post by SinghS »

vijayk wrote: Good luck. If you need help, I can refer to few investors in Bangalore. Please let me know
That would be great!

The business model is such that it will be self sustained, profitable venture from the customer no. 1 itself.

I am in talks with a couple of investors here in Chennai, sending presentation decks to a few VCs too. But currently my bandwidth is limited to go all out on this, juggling development and solving MCU supply issues and lead-time concerns.

Getting to talk to more investors, would be a great help. Thanks.
SinghS
BRFite

Post by SinghS »

Cyrano wrote:Thank you, the concept is clear. Whats behind your " :) " is an interesting puzzle to mull over !
A human body generates disease symptoms in a continuous manner over time but modern medical science treats it as a digital signal. So we see a doctor, only when we reach a threshold. But have we become ill at this point, or the disease started much earlier?

If we use math we have the answer.

I would take your offer and love to talk with the investors.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

SinghS wrote:
vijayk wrote: Good luck. If you need help, I can refer to few investors in Bangalore. Please let me know
That would be great!

The business model is such that it will be self sustained, profitable venture from the customer no. 1 itself.

I am in talks with a couple of investors here in Chennai, sending presentation decks to a few VCs too. But currently my bandwidth is limited to go all out on this, juggling development and solving MCU supply issues and lead-time concerns.

Getting to talk to more investors, would be a great help. Thanks.
If it is an investor deck , can you put it in a google drive and share.

You can give me your email too. I will introduce you to few folks in Bangalore.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

SinghS wrote:
Cyrano wrote:Thank you, the concept is clear. Whats behind your " :) " is an interesting puzzle to mull over !
A human body generates disease symptoms in a continuous manner over time but modern medical science treats it as a digital signal. So we see a doctor, only when we reach a threshold. But have we become ill at this point, or the disease started much earlier?

If this works, you might have found a way to tap into a lot of other health issues. Not just covid. You are talking about analog signal vs digital discrete measurements we get once we see symptoms

Very innovative. Good luck to your team. I am really rooting for your team.
SinghS
BRFite

Post by SinghS »

vijayk wrote: If it is an investor deck , can you put it in a google drive and share.

Me being a long time lurker but a BRF trainee, can you please guide me where to share the details or how to respond to you personally?
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Amber G. wrote:Good News: IIT Hyderabad will carry on the outstanding work of covid19india. A beta version of the website is at:
https://covid19tracker.in
(Thanks to some members of Sutra team for making this happen)
Of interest to BRF will be the role of Lt. Gen. Madhuri Kanitkar, in SUTRA. She's the senior most lady officer in the forces. A very charismatic and
intellectually brilliant person.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

SinghS wrote:
vijayk wrote: If it is an investor deck , can you put it in a google drive and share.

Me being a long time lurker but a BRF trainee, can you please guide me where to share the details or how to respond to you personally?
I hope you noted my email
SinghS
BRFite

Post by SinghS »

vijayk wrote:
I hope you noted my email
Yes Sir. Thanks. I shall be getting in touch today.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

SinghS wrote:

<<<Poof>>>

I'll edit this post once I get a daak from you
Last edited by Cyrano on 26 Oct 2021 17:05, edited 1 time in total.