Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

Post by Suraj »

arshyam wrote:Who's this guy anyway?
Longtime Bloomberg Asia reporter. Used to have weekly articles cheering economic performance during UPA-1 era but disappeared by UPA-2 .

Recently back as resident expert on Indian vaccination failures. Advocated that India should let Pfizer imports, and that it should settle with China and import Chinese vaccines. None of his articles are ageing too well.

Me, I’m just astonished someone I’ve never dealt with before already blocked me. Us BRedators are feared onlee . Maybe he joined here under burqa and I banned him. Oops :((
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Suraj wrote:
Longtime Bloomberg Asia reporter. Used to have weekly articles cheering economic performance during UPA-1 era but disappeared by UPA-2 .

Recently back as resident expert on Indian vaccination failures. Advocated that India should let Pfizer imports, and that it should settle with China and import Chinese vaccines. None of his articles are ageing too well.

Me, I’m just astonished someone I’ve never dealt with before already blocked me. Us BRedators are feared onlee . Maybe he joined here under burqa and I banned him. Oops :((
I think your tweets with too much facts scared the moron because everyone including famed Shamikaji started RTing or embedding your tweets
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Suraj wrote:

Thank you. So just another inconsequential lightweight drone trying to peddle the usual fact-free rhetoric.
Suraj wrote:Me, I’m just astonished someone I’ve never dealt with before already blocked me. Us BRedators are feared onlee . Maybe he joined here under burqa and I banned him. Oops :((
Heh heh, talk about offensive defense :).

There is also a possibility that these types have a ready-made list of twitter handles they block wholesale because they cannot match up intellectually or whatever - if so, congrats - you are in a virtual hall of fame!
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Moderna is testing (on mice so far) a new triple vaccine (Covid+Flu+RSV) and initial results are supposedly encouraging. Similarly, BB's nasal vaccine has been given permission to conduct Phase-2 trials. Apparently, the vaccine performed quite well in Ph-1 testing. I think this vaccine was supposed to be available by Nov-Dec time frame but I think it may not be available before March of next year. But it it performs good in Ph-2 with evidence of reducing chances of transmission as well, GoI might approve it just like they did with Covaxin.

Can one take a newer vaccine instead of booster shots if enough vaccines are available in around 6 months time? Spoke with a senior doctor in Manipal Hospital who has been involved with Covid right from the beginning. He said it would take approx another 2 years from now for most world to get vaccinated as well as to get some long-term resistance to Covid and till then officially mask mandate along with Covid restrictions norms would not be relaxed by Governments. Optimistic time frame in India might be around a year to year-half.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Quick query for anybody who can help.

A good friend is in Kolkata to help get her elderly parents vaccinated. They are in their 90s and have been confined to their 4th floor home for a long time (no elevator in the building). It appears that there is nobody who can come home and give them the vaccine. They are unable to move down four flights.

Does anybody know how to resolve this problem? Is this a particular issue with Kolkata alone?

TIA
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Ram Ram, Primus ji.

Some weeks ago, Mumbai administration started vaccination at home for the senior and disabled citizens.

Am not sure if Kolkata has started.

I do think that private centers in Kolkata might be offering the services. As they do in metros like Mumbai, Pune

Please check this link -

https://www.news18.com/news/india/now-those-bedridden-in-kolkata-can-get-vaccinated-at-home-registrations-at-nearest-centre-4030517.html

Some more details -
https://thelogicalindian.com/trending/doorstep-vaccination-in-kolkata-30056

Hope this is of some help..
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Ram Ram Manish Ji. Thank you so much, this should be helpful, I have forwarded the links to my friend. It is a difficult situation for the elderly in particular.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

when west crumbled under covid 19 - why was India judged harshly

great article. well written
Last month, when New York got a new governor, her first order of business was to add 12,000 previously unreported Covid-19 deaths to the official tally. How could 12,000 deaths go unreported in the most advanced city in the world? What were the elites at the New York Times doing? Maybe they were on a mission to shame the poorest states in India. They were on a mission to put our misery on show before the whole world.
The seven-day moving average of the deaths in the US is now above 1,500 per day. Adjusted for population, that is the equivalent of over 6,000 deaths per day in India. Away from the statistics, what does this mean for ordinary Americans on a more human level? Hospitals and funeral homes are overflowing with bodies. Many have rented out temporary cooling units to keep the bodies safe until they can figure out what to do with them.
On flagship American media such as The New York Times and The Washington Post, there is barely a squeak about this. The job of bringing out the real reports is left to smaller, local outlets, who do not have the resources to put together the national picture. And above all, there is no questioning of the leadership of President Biden. The American elite have not just abandoned their allies in Afghanistan. They have abandoned their own people at home

The US has recorded close to 6.5 lakh deaths, which would be equivalent to 26 lakh deaths in India. So far, France and the UK have recorded 1.15 lakh deaths and 1.33 lakh deaths. To put those numbers in perspective in terms of population, that is like 23-27 lakh deaths in India. Did I mention that the French healthcare system has been ranked number one by the World Health Organization?
But in April-May, when India went through the worst of times, ghastly images of burning funeral pyres were put up for the world to see. Even in times of war, the media has standards of civilized behaviour when reporting on bodies. But all these rules were shredded when covering the second wave in India, so that the “truth” could be “exposed”. What were they trying to expose, exactly? India has nowhere close to the kind of resources that Western nations have. The latter are approximately 20 times richer on a per capita basis.
Even within India, they put their focus on the poorest, most backward states, such as Uttar Pradesh or Bihar. In a situation where New York has to stash dead bodies in freezer trucks and leave them for over a year, what is the administration in rural Uttar Pradesh supposed to do? Yes, they were overwhelmed. And the fact that the Western media relished those images shows that they are the worst people in the world.
We get it. The Western liberal media does not like Narendra Modi. At least not as much as they love the newly “liberal” Taliban, which has now won all hearts by doing a press conference. But did the Western media really need to fly drones over burning funeral pyres? Was there no other way to take revenge against PM Modi for winning the 2019 general election?
If the Western media wanted to “speak truth to power” in India, they crawled before power back home. The governor of New York ordered Covid patients into nursing homes, where it spread like wildfire and 15,000 elderly people died. These deaths were then covered up, and would have remained so if one of the governor’s aides had not let the information slip out on tape several months later in February 2021. They specifically admitted to hiding the data from the people so that it would not damage their party in the November 2020 presidential election. A massive cover up over several months with thousands of victims. And nobody in the liberal media ever caught wind of the story, least of all the New York Times. They must have been busy pointing fingers at Uttar Pradesh.
In fact, the liberal media kept such a tight lid on the coronavirus horrors of New York that the state came to be seen as a model of pandemic management. So amazing was the publicity that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo decided to write a book about his leadership. He made at least five million dollars from it. The liberal media was so taken by him that they came to describe themselves as “Cuomosexuals”. :rotfl: Night after night, they fawned over the governor’s dating and sex life. As it turned out, Governor Cuomo was also a notorious sexual harasser, who had assaulted at least 11 women over the years, including at least one inside his official residence.
That’s New York, the world’s richest city and home of the world’s most powerful newspaper. They speak truth to power, but only in the poorest states in India.
Of course, the Western liberal media would be nothing without its local collaborators in India. These are the people who did the actual legwork. They set up shop in front of piles of firewood. They flew the drones over burning funeral pyres. And after that they must have spent some time sorting the images and selecting the most sensational ones. These local collaborators then wrote columns for global news outlets, hopefully making at least a couple of dollars a word. With the conversion rate, it must have seemed like a lot. They even put some of their images for sale online. I am genuinely curious to know who bought them.
It gets worse when you realise what the Western liberal media was actually up to. They didn’t just want to defame India. The media elites also wanted common people in the West to feel better about the devastation back home. After all, they had to pack the dead bodies of New Yorkers into freezer trucks and leave them there. So their media told them that Indians have it a lot worse. That way, common folks in the West would feel less angry. The ruling political and media elite would prevail.
This hurts. Because we Indians never wish for bad things to happen to any other nation or its people. It’s just not how we think. Why would they put our misery on show? When we hope for a better tomorrow, we wish for prosperity and good health for all. It’s the Indian way of thinking, rooted in our ancient Sanskrit proverbs.
The same goes for our vaccination programme, which was abused, ridiculed and heckled by the same Western media elites. Yes, we did have some problems getting started, but look at us now. Regularly vaccinating over 10 million people daily, without a hitch. Each certificate has its own unique identifier, recorded in a central database along with date and vaccine batch number. Which other democratic nation can manage such logistics on such a large scale with such efficiency? It would make any nation proud. The hecklers should be hiding in shame, but they are not.
What can we Indians do in the interim? We cannot stop engaging with Western media, but we can keep their judgments at arm’s length. And remember that we have as much of a right to judge them as they have a right to judge us.
Please read and spread in your social circles.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

What’s going on India?

When the NYT massa pulls out the whip, you is s’posed to be dead.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Fake vaccine cards

Racket going on - guess where? In the good old USA. That's right, the vaccine card displayed by your health care worker could be fake. On top of that, there's news of fake negative COVID certificates as well (one just has to duck-duck-go for it).
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

looks like our erstwhile colonial masters haven't lost their cultural and civilizational ability to lie.

britshit aholes

REVEALED: 26 out of the 27 Lancet scientists who trashed theory that Covid leaked from a Chinese lab have links to Wuhan researchers
via@MailOnline

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... mailonline

REVEALED: 26 out of the 27 Lancet scientists who trashed theory that Covid leaked from a Chinese lab have links to Wuhan researchers

The Lancet letter published in March 2020 called claims that Covid-19 originated in lab 'conspiracy theories'

It was signed by 27 scientists from across the globe working in virology and other medical science fields

The widely-read letter effectively ended all debate about origins of the global coronavirus pandemic

Investigation by The Telegraph has found 26 out of 27 had connections to China's Wuhan Institute of Virology

CHRIS JEWERS FOR MAILONLINE
11 September 2021

Of the 27 scientists who wrote a letter in The Lancet medical journal dismissing the possibility that Covid-19 originated from a Wuhan lab, 26 have links to its Chinese researchers, their colleagues or its benefactors, a new investigation has revealed.

On March 7 last year, the influential journal published the letter in which the 27 scientists said they 'strongly condemned conspiracy theories' surrounding the origins of the coronavirus pandemic that has impacted all corners of the world.

All debate into whether Covid-19 had man-made origins or leaked from the lab in Wuhan - the Chinese city that was ground-zero for the virus - was effectively shut down by the letter.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

One fails to understand why Lancet is considered the premier journal for medicine. From having editorials on non scientific matters such as Kashmir to putting up papers that have directly resulted in single largest cause of child deaths (Andrew Wakefield) to numerous articles that lack scientific rigour… the journal is only one step below “News of the World” levels of reporting. Yet it gets a prestigious cachet… Another of those long in tooth Brit things……
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Over 5 million vaccinations this Sunday, driven by a >2.5m mass vaccination effort in TN apparently.
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

sudarshan wrote:Fake vaccine cards

Racket going on - guess where? In the good old USA. That's right, the vaccine card displayed by your health care worker could be fake. On top of that, there's news of fake negative COVID certificates as well (one just has to duck-duck-go for it).
One more area where Bharat is ahead. The cowin certificate can be verified using the QR code on the certificate instantly using https://verify.cowin.gov.in/ . I believe there is API support for 3rd parties as well.
However, doesnt seem to work terribly well for soft-copies on your phones though. Maybe is WIP.

Also, post completion of both shots, the official Arogya Setu app seems to stop the contact tracing feature after 14 days. I got my second shot last month at a small private hospital within walking distance from my home, and was out within 9 minutes as probably I was the only person in the entire facility , apart from a doctor working at the same facility, who was also in for his 2nd shot. Contact tracing feature stopped working for me after about 2 weeks.

Here in MH , cases slowly seem to be rising around me. Even in my own apartment, there are 2 ongoing confirmed breakthrough cases for fully vaccinated people. One younger person about 40 years of age, healthy with an active outdoors lifestlye infact is in dire straits with rapidly falling O2s in the 80s. Hope they recover and prove vaccines work. But I am really wary that it still remains this much of a gamble.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

The Modi Shot Campaign
The Biden administration is quietly pressuring India to restart vaccine exports with plans to offer a higher-profile role for Prime Minister Narendra Modi at an upcoming COVID-19 global summit in New York if he agrees to release vaccines soon, sources with direct knowledge of the high-level discussions told Axios.

Why it matters: India is the world's biggest vaccine maker. In March, Modi halted exports of the AstraZeneca vaccine — one of the cheapest on the market — because the virus was ravaging his own population.

Convincing Modi to renew his vaccine supply to the world — through the global vaccination organization COVAX — is an important part of the Biden administration's strategy to mitigate the international spread of the virus.
Vaccinating as much of the developing world, as quickly as possible, is in America's vital interest, because the uncontrolled spread of the virus inevitably produces more dangerous variants.
An administration official acknowledged discussing vaccine exports but denied they're tied to Modi's upcoming participation.

"We have regularly been communicating with [the] government of India in bilateral and multilateral channels to discuss vaccine supply and inquire about timeline for exports, and these conversations are not tied to a specific summit or engagement," the U.S. official said on the condition of anonymity.
The backstory: The U.S. itself effectively banned its own vaccine exports for months until it had enough supply for all Americans. It's also reserved hundreds of millions of doses for boosters, complicating its position as a proponent of dose-sharing.

Modi's government faced internal criticism for allowing millions of doses to be exported before the emergence of a second wave it failed to anticipate.
Now, six months later, more than half of India's eligible population has received at least one shot, according to official data, making it more palatable to resume exports.
Behind the lines: Biden officials understand vaccine diplomacy is a delicate subject with the Indians. In internal meetings, high-ranking Biden officials decided to take a soft approach to Modi.

IMO, GOI should tell the US that they will agree to exports if the US allows the sale of Covaxin and the DNA based ZyCoV-D vaccine within the US.
Biden plans to host a COVID-19 summit on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly meetings next week, with Surgeon General Vivek Murthy hinting the president will make some new announcements ahead of the summit.
Biden aides decided against trying to strong-arm Modi by conditioning his participation on his willingness to release vaccines to COVAX. He'll be welcomed regardless of his decision, according to one of the sources.
Modi also has been invited to a White House summit on Sept. 24 along with the leaders of Japan and Australia.
The big picture: COVAX, the UN-backed program aimed at addressing coronavirus vaccine inequality, has struggled to reach its goals.

Last week, it announced it expected to have only 1.425 billion doses available at the end of this year, down from the 1.9 billion the organization expected it would have in an estimate provided in June.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has been critical of wealthier nations like the United States for prioritizing booster shots ahead of increasing initial donations for residents in lower-income nations.
The United States has already donated 140 million doses and pledged to purchase 500 million doses from Pfizer for COVAX distribution, a White House official said.
Go deeper: Officials want countries participating in the summit to pledge that COVAX should be the main vehicle to distribute vaccines.

Despite its failure to fully cooperate in the international investigations into the origins of COVID-19, China is being invited, the sources said.
Officials also plan to invite Russia, which has largely abstained from the COVAX initiative.
Team Biden's goal is to convince wealthier countries to donate — and not sell — any surplus supplies.
IMO, the GOI should tell the US that they will resume exports if the US allows the sale of BB Covaxin and DNA based ZyCoV-D vaccine.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

That article is hilarious. How's someone like Biden going to "strong-arm" Modi from a weaker position ? The US will do what if New Delhi declines - refuse to send vaccine supplies it's never sent to begin with ?

India can consider resuming exports in early 2022 once all Indian adults have been vaccinated twice.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Whatever happened to covidshied manufacturing plant that SII was going to establish in Europe for global supplies?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Suraj wrote:That article is hilarious. How's someone like Biden going to "strong-arm" Modi from a weaker position ? The US will do what if New Delhi declines - refuse to send vaccine supplies it's never sent to begin with ?

India can consider resuming exports in early 2022 once all Indian adults have been vaccinated twice.
Not only twice. But also 2 booster shots for each vaccinated individual have be produced and kept in reserve.

After all the global conscience keeping liberal media will not begrudge India in being overly careful after the experience of the second wave. 8)
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

What is the advantage of supplying via Covax vs supplying on a bilateral arrangement basis ? I'd think that in the latter way, you provide it to your friends, and you can atleast not supply it to your "non-friends" ...
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Suraj wrote:That article is hilarious. How's someone like Biden going to "strong-arm" Modi from a weaker position ? The US will do what if New Delhi declines - refuse to send vaccine supplies it's never sent to begin with ?

They’re going to attempt personal corruption, the standard US establishment trick with India, by offering the PM a greater role at the Global Covid-19 summit in NY. The irony is that NY/NJ have the highest mortality rates per million of anywhere in the world, including all of US. Somewhere near 3K/1M. I’m sure the EAM and PM will tell the US to **** off.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

As India’s Lethal Covid Wave Neared, Politics Overrode Science

Article in the NYTimes with claims on what transpired behind the scenes at ICMR between the first and second wave. Also references a paper critiquing the supermodel. Looks like ICMR and other scientific bodies may need a whistleblower protection mechanism if scientists are being told to withhold data that doesn't fit the narrative.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

The NYT is a leftist anti-India rag. That Anup Agarwal needs to have his passport cancelled by the GOI, or if he is a US citizen, never be allowed to set foot in India again. He can happily live in the US.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

With vaccination numbers increasing day by day there is nothing else to talk about for NYT. They can’t accept that cow worshipping dark skinned dirty Hindus are finding success not only with the actual vaccination program but also with newer vaccines coming online and are not buying Pfizer or Moderna.

Plus it does not help that GoI policies are not exactly to Amazons benefit. Hence the angst.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Been a while since anyone posted the numbers:

From mofhw: 14 Sep: 75,22,38,324 increase of 78,66,950

We should hit 80 crore by mid next week. Hopefully 95 crore by end of this month?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Perhaps waiving IP, supply chain restrictions along with US investment in India for vaccine production will be a good offer for India ramping up vaccine production for export.

NYTimes is running pictures of funeral pyres and writing articles about Modi government Hubris to export vaccines when domestic epidemic has not been brought under control. Now they want India to be statesman-like and export vaccines.

Makes no sense.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Mort Walker wrote:IMO, the GOI should tell the US that they will resume exports if the US allows the sale of BB Covaxin and DNA based ZyCoV-D vaccine.
Well, BB has signed up a US manufacturer for Covaxin. Getting that manufacturing going should be on the agenda. Plenty of people are refusing the existing vaccines due to fears of them being based on modern platforms. For these people, the traditional inactivated vaccine would be a good alternative.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Vaccinations this week:
Sat 11 Sep 73,73,67,313
Sun 12 Sep 74,28,47,643 Sunday performance: 54,80,330
Mon 13 Sep 75,10,41,391 Monday performance: 81,93,748
Tue 14 Sep 75,81,99,331 Tuesday performance: 71,57,940

Vaccination rate isn't much news now because consistently managing almost 8 million a day is the new normal. This new normal is accomplished by the 'anti science Hindooo fundamentalist BJP', where as the rational American government is currently doing under 10% of that rate, or ~700K a day. I've posted a data update on Twitter last week: https://twitter.com/surajbrf/status/1436738377240383489

Best weeks so far: last three weeks are the best ever - 49 million and successive weeks of 53 million doses done.
SII's Pune output is currently running higher than the combined world Pfizer production out of multiple EU+US sites:
Monthly vaccinations shows India's month to date vaccinations so far exceeds the combined total of FOUR continents:
At current rate India will likely finish vaccinations before North America:
jaysimha
BRFite

Post by jaysimha »

Godrej partners with DRDO to manufacture oxygen generators
14 September 2021 | News
The first batch of medical oxygen generators deployed in hospitals across Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Madhya Pradesh
https://www.biospectrumindia.com/news/4 ... tors-.html
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

vera_k wrote:As India’s Lethal Covid Wave Neared, Politics Overrode Science

Article in the NYTimes with claims on what transpired behind the scenes at ICMR between the first and second wave. Also references a paper critiquing the supermodel. Looks like ICMR and other scientific bodies may need a whistleblower protection mechanism if scientists are being told to withhold data that doesn't fit the narrative.
This is not keeping with the various advisories shared by health ministry from October 2020 till the moment the enormity of second wave was revealed.

The state governments were not taking it seriously as they should have been.

Nothing to do with whistle blowers or the protection needed by them.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://tellusdaily.com/2021/09/15/for- ... -of-india/
‘For the next pandemic, we’ll have gigantic mRNA factories in India
What’s your view about the way in which vaccine-making has progressed in India?
Most low-cost vaccines on the earth are made in India, and that has saved actually hundreds of thousands of lives due to the partnership we’ve got with these three corporations (Serum, BioE, Bharat Biotech). It’s form of pure that, within the spring of 2020, because the pandemic got here alongside, we talked with Serum about each AstraZeneca and Novavax, and we hoped that they’d do an ideal job making AstraZeneca, and they are going to be making Novavax.
Likewise, BioE – we’ve facilitated their discussions with Johnson & Johnson. We’re trying ahead to that manufacturing popping out, both late this 12 months or early subsequent 12 months… Bharat Biotech took the coronavirus vaccine, it’s invented in India, with ICMR, and introduced that up as a low-cost vaccine, not just for India however for your complete world.
The people who find themselves the precedence, in fact, are the aged, and I suppose, in India, about 65% obtained their first dose. We must always choose that as much as 100% for the second dose. The good thing about the vaccine to the aged could be very, very excessive, and that’s the way you get your deaths down. The management on the constructive message in regards to the vaccine, from what I do know, has been fairly good in India. It hasn’t became one occasion likes it and one other occasion doesn’t prefer it.

This can be a case the place the US has not achieved the perfect job, however each nation has to actually work on this each single day to get each proportion level improve.
Proper now, you’re not in an enormous wave however there might be a future wave. So, we’ve got to keep up this as a super-high precedence.
We obtained full cooperation between the Western inventors and the Indian producers. The mRNA, sadly, is completely different sufficient that there was no capability for that exact sort of vaccine outdoors the wealthy international locations. Even there, it was fully new.
For the following pandemic, we are going to be certain that we’ve got gigantic mRNA factories in India and the remainder of the creating world to attain our 100-day aim of having the ability to make vaccines for everybody.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

vera_k wrote:As India’s Lethal Covid Wave Neared, Politics Overrode Science

They haven't mentioned how politics overrode science in the cover up of 12000+ Covid deaths in NY.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

What's that thing about glass houses and stones?
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

From China, through Telegram: Fake Covid vaccination card market booms
Some sellers are now asking for hundreds of dollars for a card. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection said it has intercepted thousands of packages of the fake cards.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Today we should overtake combined continental Europe in total doses . They are at 775M as of yesterday, we finished the day on 772M .
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

^^^ It is expected to be a 2cr+ day today due NM birthday and lot of states are going all in for that reason. Its going to be a new record day if all goes per plan.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Question for Gurus:

It appears to me that, at the current pace, all eligible adults in India will get their first doses by mid-November. 99% of these first doses will be either Covishield or Covaxin, as no other vaccine will be available in bulk by then. This means that, subsequently, all second doses will also have to be Covishield or Covaxin.

So, what happens to the crores of other vaccines like Bio E, Covavax etc that will be available after November? The Government has already paid for 30 crore doses of Bio E.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Can always be exported to other countries.