Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sooraj
BRFite

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

Post by sooraj »

#China has reportedly deployed 40 industrial incinerators to the epicentre of the #coronavirus outbreak #Wuhan.
Chinese media reports that the furnaces have been shipped to the city amid ongoing fears the death toll is being covered up.

sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

#Kerala Dr Amar Fettile, state nodal officer of public health emergency: 1st patient of novel Coronavirus has been discharged. The patient has to undergo 14 more days of home isolation. All three persons who tested positive for Coronavirus have been discharged now.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

South Korea bans soldiers in Daegu from leaving their bases and meeting visitors due to coronavirus - Yonhap reports
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

South Korea reports 22 new cases of coronavirus, raising country's total to 104 - Yonhap
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Reuters: S.KOREA REPORTS FIRST DEATH FROM CORONAVIRUS - YONHAP CITING CDC
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Officials in #Iran confirm five cases of coronavirus.
Two individuals died on Wednesday. The three new cases are in the cities of Qom (central Iran) & Arak (western Iran).
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

"A South Korean Navy sailor tested positive Thursday for the new coronavirus in an initial examination, government officials said, sparking concerns the virus might have spread into military barracks." Final test result coming tomorrow.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

#Tibet : The confirmed cases of #coronavirus infection has continued to increase with their total reaching 62 as of Feb 17
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I wonder who were the 2 Eyeranians who died... and where did they catch it. Answers may or may not be eye-openers. IOW, if u hear a rumor that there were 1 or 2 deaths in NoKo...

Now we heard this story at a place that cannot be cited... like Soorajji's posts above...
u run a bijnej. You have invented many ways of making huge money and scamming ppl. But your evil 6th coujin E6C keeps bribing ur employees to steal ur "Crown Jewels" ... and make even more money with copies of ur stuff. U know it, E6C knows that u know it, but also that u can't do diddly about it because Big Uncle will not let you kick E6C on the musharraf or deliver a punch to the nose. Also, it so happens that E6C has many goons at her command.

So u put some viper venom, packed nicely in a lota, and put a label: DO NOT TOUCH! on it and lock it away in a safe. In your buddy Abdul's shop where u just happen to know, E6C has also bribed a chamcha. Then u get Abdul to get drunk one day at the neighborhood Khan's ZamZam Cola Military Cafe, and let drop the idea that he is very happy because his staff have invented this super poison, and he can now use that to take down his enemy Hafeez who stole his goats last year.

But it so happens that the lota in which you put the poison, has a very special bottom: it has a hole, sealed only with chewing gum. Will deteriotate in 2 months or so.....
Let me pooch u: is E6C going to display the lota and :(( that it had a chewing-gum sealed hole in the bottom?

But as Agint 007 told the Bibi in (never mind):
Old Chinese proverb: b4 setting out fol levenge, dig TWO glaves.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

UlanBatori wrote:I wonder who were the 2 Eyeranians who died... and where did they catch it. Answers may or may not be eye-openers. IOW, if u hear a rumor that there were 1 or 2 deaths in NoKo...

Now we heard this story at a place that cannot be cited... like Soorajji's posts above...
u run a bijnej. You have invented many ways of making huge money and scamming ppl. But your evil 6th coujin E6C keeps bribing ur employees to steal ur "Crown Jewels" ... and make even more money with copies of ur stuff. U know it, E6C knows that u know it, but also.

But it so happens that the lota in which you put the poison, has a very special bottom: it has a hole, sealed only with chewing gum. Will deteriotate in 2 months or so.....

Let me pooch u: is E6C going to display the lota and :(( that it had a chewing-gum sealed hole in the bottom?

But as Agint 007 told the Bibi in (never mind):
Old Chinese proverb: b4 setting out fol levenge, dig TWO glaves.

Digressing a bit,
But UBji's 'film script' is better than Salim-Javed or this latest James B writer :https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... qEoiKHCU7Z :lol: :lol:
But it is sure if he write like this it is time to revive 'Agent Vinod' and make a sequel :rotfl: :rotfl:
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

2 Bengaluru SAP India employees test positive for H1N1, offices closed in three cities
All SAP India offices across Bengaluru, Gurugram and Mumbai have been closed for extensive sanitisation.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

15 CORONAVIRUS CASES IDENTIFIED AT SOUTH KOREA HOSPITAL
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

South Korea reportedly considering raising alert level from orange to red due to the Coronavirus epidemic. The countries gov't will hold a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss this.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Press Trust of India
@PTI_News
·
1h
Indian Embassy in China is making all efforts to bring back the body of a Mumbai-based woman, who died of a heart attack on board an Air China flight from Melbourne, that is stuck in a morgue in Zhengzhou due to transport restrictions in wake of #coronavirus.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

S'pore confirms first patient with both Covid-19 and dengue, all warded with her quarantined at Ng Teng Fong
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

NINE DIED FROM CORONAVIRUS IN IRAN
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

sooraj, Thanks for the updates.
ramana
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

So the 2 BLR folks tested positive for Swine Flu & not Coronavirus right? Cause, they seem to be some rumors about them testing positive for Coronavirus. This is regular Flu season as well...changing weather in BLR affects a lot of people with common Flu & with Coronavirus scare, it is putting some people on edge. Freak...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The two SAP employees tested +ve for H1N1 which is equally deadly.

Many rascals are spreading rumors.
Some of them are in high and mighty places in Bangalore.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

So dear BRFites, why does Pakistan hesitate so much to pull its students/people out of Wuhan?

I don't really understand. Will China get offended? I doubt it, and I doubt they care at this stage. In fact they may be relieved to have fewer people to care for. Just about every country has pulled their citizens from Wuhan and this kind of "display of solidarity" makes no sense to me.

Regarding Paki medical facilities - they really don't need much. One semi secure facility like a military barrack with sufficient beds, and a small medical team to enforce the quarantine. Pakis who could be victims of coronavirus can be held back in Wuhan.

Any theories why Pakis are actively sabotaging their own people?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Remember the previous statement from the tspians that they will not be evacuating citizens due to solidarity with PRC.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Racism. Cheen treat them much worse than they treat others. Also, no credit to Tarrel than Oceans fiend, and it costs money to lease a plane, esp to go to Woohan.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 20 Feb 2020 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Iraq suspends all flights to Iran due to coronavirus outbreak in country which killed 9 people.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Neighbour: Guys my garage is on fire!

Me: Remember I lent you my bike? I will leave it there out of solidarity with you.

Does it make any sense?
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

No matter what, I am impressed by actions taken by Chinese Govt. Can you imagine such virus outbreak in India? Civil authorities will be running like head-less chikens blaming each other. I wish Govt does some mock exercises .
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

sooraj wrote:Quarantine and lockdown in Iran due to #coronavirus. The Iranian city of Qom is shutting down, roads, schools and universities following the deaths of two people from the COVID19 infection.
Two dead mean around 100 - 200 infections at least, given the fatality rate of 1 - 2%, higher in later stages of epidemic when medical facilities are overloaded.

I think, its beyond the ability of Iran to control this virus now.

India needs to act now to get things in order. Heroic rescues of Indians out of wuhan are all good, but if this thing 'catches' in India, we will have a hard time indeed.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^^ But exactly what-2-do? Other than liberally consuming C2H5OH I don't know anything to do.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

UlanBatori wrote:^^ But exactly what-2-do? Other than liberally consuming C2H5OH I don't know anything to do.
If there is nothing-2-do, prepare adequate cremation facilities.

Even now, a publicity campaign to get people to wash their hands, practice good sneeze/cough hygiene, get adequate sunlight/vitamin D, rest.. can do some good.

We may need school vacations/office shutdowns.

What happens when your health care providers start falling sick? Do we have enough masks, isolation wards, safety googles, gowns, incinerators for medical waste ... for the doctors and nurses to be safe?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Maybe the Pakis in Wuhan are not from Pakjab.
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

ramana wrote:Maybe the Pakis in Wuhan are not from Pakjab.
watching the videos they dont have the lahori punjabi/urdu accent. most seem to be from KP or saraiki areas.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Iran still shows infected number as 5. Now there are reportedly nine deaths. Is everyone hiding the data?
Link
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Once u r dead u r not infected. But I am curious about how the infection came to Iran at all (considering that India is a lot closer to the epicenter).
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

yensoy wrote:So dear BRFites, why does Pakistan hesitate so much to pull its students/people out of Wuhan?
I don't really understand. Will China get offended? I doubt it, and I doubt they care at this stage. In fact they may be relieved to have fewer people to care for. Just about every country has pulled their citizens from Wuhan and this kind of "display of solidarity" makes no sense to me.
Regarding Paki medical facilities - they really don't need much. One semi secure facility like a military barrack with sufficient beds, and a small medical team to enforce the quarantine. Pakis who could be victims of coronavirus can be held back in Wuhan.
Any theories why Pakis are actively sabotaging their own people?
Pakistan refused to accept dead bodies from Kargil conflict. But then they accepted some bodies. The whole world knew the intruders were regular pak army, there was no hiding the fact. Pakis do not give importance to such logic. That is a dhimmi forte.
Gautam
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

From Livemint.com:

The Diamond Princess cruise ship arrived in Yokohama, near Tokyo, on February 3 with 3,711 passengers and crew on board, 621 people were found to be infected with the deadly coronavirus after it was diagnosed in a man who disembarked last month in Hong Kong.
A total of 138 Indians, including 132 crew and 6 passengers, were among the 3,711 people on board the ship.
"1 Indian crew who tested positive for #COVID19 among 79 new cases on #DiamondPrincess yesterday too has been shifted to hospital for treatment. All 8 Indians receiving treatment are responding well. Rest all Indians on-board are braving out the trying circumstances. @MEAIndia
— India in Japanインド大使館 (@IndianEmbTokyo) February 20, 2020"

Now.. validating UBCN e-Khano-comics: stocks of Indian TV set producers to go up.
India may see 10% rise in TV prices as outbreak disrupts China supply
TV prices are likely to go up by as much as 10% from next month as disrupted supply of open cell television panels - mostly imported from China - has resulted in a shortage of the key television component.
TV panels, which account for nearly 60% of the price of a TV unit, are mostly imported from China. While companies had stocked in advance for Chinese New Year break but Coronavirus outbreak has caused disruption in production and supply of many key components. Though some factories have re-opened but they are working with minimal staff...This, according to industry executives, has pushed prices of panels by almost 20 per cent. One of the executives said it would take at least one quarter for supply and production to return to normalcy, and so prices would also see an impact.
This is a Summer Olympics year. Are pp going to be w/o TV to watch Sync. swimming, hain?

Malloo wimens' Prayer-Based Cure works, after all!
Earlier on Wednesday, the first coronavirus affected patient of India undergoing treatment at Thrissur Medical College was tested negative.
Mort d'Arthur: "More things are wrought by Prayer, than the Marxist Party will admit..."

China is fighting the virus! Give $$$ to WHO so we can watch!! First-class air tickets are not cheap!
WHO seeks more fund to fight virus
The head of the World Health Organization urged countries to boost funding to fight the spread of the novel coronavirus, saying that the response to its call for $675 million has been limited.
“This is the time to attack the virus while it is manageable," Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a briefing in Geneva Thursday.
Tedros said he’s surprised donations have been low and that countries aren’t treating the outbreak seriously enough. If the response isn’t strong now, the spread outside of China, which so far has been manageable, may become a wider threat, he said. “The virus is very dangerous, and it’s public enemy No. 1."
and the best news of all:
India to evacuate its 100 nationals from Wuhan by military aircraft
The aircraft India is sending to Wuhan with medical supplies will evacuate about 100 Indians from the coronavirus-hit Chinese city, the Ministry of External Affairs said on Thursday.
MEA Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said the advisories regarding travel to and from China remain in place, but there was no ban on travel.
India is set to send a C-17 military transport aircraft to Wuhan to evacuate more Indians and deliver a consignment of medical supplies. India is awaiting clearance from the Chinese side."
A C-17 will carry a HUGE payload of supplies!
BSR Murthy
BRFite

Post by BSR Murthy »

sooraj wrote:NINE DIED FROM CORONAVIRUS IN IRAN
I am seeing reports of only 2 fatalities from Iran. Source for 9?
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile hundreds in the Bay Area are quietly ‘self-isolating’ themselves in homes. According to Public Health officials the number in California is around 7000 who have travelled to China recently and are "self isolating.

(The two people, I talked about before are virus free - and so is the married couple I talked about. The couple is at home now)
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

Should we not open a thread about precautions Indian Govt can take or preparation it can make, without breaking the Bank?

Are we sitting idle & smug? Can nCV catch up with India?

Will warm weather or use of spices in food protect us?