Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

Post by Suraj »

sivab wrote:^^^ It is expected to be a 2cr+ day today due NM birthday and lot of states are going all in for that reason. Its going to be a new record day if all goes per plan.
I have been hearing murmurs of this too. The vaccine availability today is an all time high 61 million doses, so it's possible they'll aim for some sort of record. Will know how much, soon I guess.

Two more datapoints:
1. An all time high 1.02 lakh vaccination centers open today
2. Already 1million doses done by 11am, way higher than normal.

Should be at least a 10 million day.

Update: 1pm and already almost 7 million doses!
Updated: less than an hour later it's more than 9 million!
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

1 cr mark crossed. I guess 2 cr is the target.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I check the dashboard every now and then. But I have never seen it go the way it is moving right now.

If the data is real time. Then the we are crossing 1 lakh vaccines every almost every minute.

At this rate another 3 crores doses can be administered today.
Karna
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Karna »

AshishA wrote:1 cr mark crossed. I guess 2 cr is the target.
Should Cross 2.5 cr. We are doing almost 24 lacs per hour..if it goes till 8 pm

Added - Population of Australia is 2.5 cr
Karna
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Karna »

Kakkaji wrote:Question for Gurus:

It appears to me that, at the current pace, all eligible adults in India will get their first doses by mid-November. 99% of these first doses will be either Covishield or Covaxin, as no other vaccine will be available in bulk by then. This means that, subsequently, all second doses will also have to be Covishield or Covaxin.

So, what happens to the crores of other vaccines like Bio E, Covavax etc that will be available after November? The Government has already paid for 30 crore doses of Bio E.
Vaccine Tourism? Once WHO approval comes for home grown vaccines
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Karna wrote:
AshishA wrote:1 cr mark crossed. I guess 2 cr is the target.
2 Cr crossed; Realtime data at ticker displayed on home page of https://www.cowin.gov.in/

wow - never seen anything like this - if Gov wants what is not achievable
neerajb
BRFite

Post by neerajb »

It appears to me that, at the current pace, all eligible adults in India will get their first doses by mid-November. 99% of these first doses will be either Covishield or Covaxin, as no other vaccine will be available in bulk by then. This means that, subsequently, all second doses will also have to be Covishield or Covaxin.

So, what happens to the crores of other vaccines like Bio E, Covavax etc that will be available after November? The Government has already paid for 30 crore doses of Bio E.
Once the two dozes are administered to all, booster shots would be needed and this added capacity will help to shorten the time to provide booster doze to everyone + exports.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Can we reach 80 crore today?
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Today we might end up vaccinating more people than rest of world combined !
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

vijayk wrote:Can we reach 80 crore today?
Maybe the goal is 100 crore by end of month? Perhaps vaccine supply issues have been resolved.
Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

Covid-19 looks like it will be around for some time to come. Thanks to mutation, other variants will arise and will have to be vaccinated against. Assuming the current vaccines still work with these so far unknown variants, they can be stored for use as required as long as their shelf life is not exceeded.

The sequence will become like the flu vaccine, and here in the UK there is talk of combining the flu vaccine with the C-19 booster shot.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

If we total @ stratospheric 27 million (2.7 crore) for the day we will hit the magic 800 million (80cr) just ten days after the previous 700m mark .
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Vaccination Today
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Yes, 22 MILLION so far today.

I was looking forward to us overtaking Europe today. Turns out we blew past them like Sehwag by 11am and they disappeared from rear view mirror by lunch.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

WOW! looked at cowin-dashboard around 9AM local (California) time -
Happy Birthday Prime Minister Modi!
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Roughly clocking it, looks like 100 vaccinations/second. It is 10:37PM IST as of this posting.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Amber G. wrote:WOW! looked at cowin-dashboard around 9AM local (California) time -
Happy Birthday Prime Minister Modi!
K'taka, UP have been doing great job too
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

The Chinese record is 24.74 million in one day on 24 June 2021. Let's see if we can beat that. Right now at 23.99 million with 38 minutes to go.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Chinese numbers are all fraud anyway

Great b'day gift to Modi Ji!
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

The world record was beat by India at 11:53PM IST on 17 Sep 2021 with 24.77 million. A few more minutes left.
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

Janamdin ki Hardik shubhkamnayen Modiji

May you continue to serve Bharat mata for long

We touched 25 mn- vaccinated an entire Australia
Last edited by Adrija on 18 Sep 2021 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

25 million crossed at 11:59PM IST.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

2,50,10,390. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE PM!
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Mort Walker wrote:2,50,10,390. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE PM!
ma***chods at NYT/Wapo, Jihadi club, Commie filthy human sh!t must trying to analyze data how to divide Indians

men vs women
rural vs urban
hindu vs muslim
BJP ruled vs non-BJP ruled
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

None of the Chinese data is reliable.
Look at their Covid death data on ourworldin data. It looks like the picture of a train my 4-year drew - a small ramp in front, then flat since March 2020, effectively looks like a tracing of a train. It doesn't look like ANY other country's chart, that at least has some semblance of looking like a mortality chart regardless of how accurate the data may arguably be.
Or look at their vaccination data. They have dose data that has significant sections filled in months later, but no data on people vaccinated.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^I know. Just going by the numbers. I’ll leave it to you to burn the scum on Twitter. :)

BTW, if you ban me on BRF will you ban me from following you on Twitter? ;).
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

BRF is like Vegas saar. What happens here stays here . In most cases except obvious ones I don’t even know who the corresponding BRFite is on Twitter .
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Mort Walker wrote:
vijayk wrote:Can we reach 80 crore today?
Maybe the goal is 100 crore by end of month? Perhaps vaccine supply issues have been resolved.
Not realistic. We're at ~799 million today. May just squeak over 800m mark after tallying delayed data (they didn't do a 7pm PIB report at all). 900m by month end is perfectly doable since we're already adding 100m doses every 13-14 days.

We'll cross the billion dose mark 2nd week of Oct, but I'd be overjoyed to be shown to be wrong due to higher supply.

Of course, with a day to go this week is already an all time best ever week by a long distance - 61.3 million doses and counting. That's more than all of May.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

vijayk wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:2,50,10,390. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE PM!
ma***chods at NYT/Wapo, Jihadi club, Commie filthy human sh!t must trying to analyze data how to divide Indians

men vs women
rural vs urban
hindu vs muslim
BJP ruled vs non-BJP ruled
You left out BBC, truly they have low lifes writing for them:
India administered more than 20 million Covid vaccine doses

in a day on Friday in a record-breaking effort to mark PM Narendra Modi's 71st birthday.

The effort surpassed the country's previous daily record of more than 13 million doses on 27 August.

India aims to vaccinate all eligible citizens by the end of 2021 but experts say the drive needs to pick up a consistent pace to meet the target.

It has so far given more than 787 million doses of three approved jabs.

More than half of India's eligible population - some 588 million people - have received at least one dose of a Covid vaccine, according to official data.

But only about 20% of eligible adults have been fully vaccinated since the beginning of the drive in January.

Regional disparities also persist with larger and poorer states lagging behind smaller and richer ones.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-56345591

Notice how they say more than half. The figure is actually around 63%… at par with the US. They then quote an exact number for fully vaccinated : 20% because it looks low.

Then there is the usual BS of Modi not ordering vaccines in time causing delays that has been debunked….
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

China is not listed in the above chart of "major" countries :rotfl:
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

arshyam wrote:China is not listed in the above chart of "major" countries :rotfl:
Nobody is bothered about Chinese fake stats :D
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

williams wrote:
arshyam wrote:China is not listed in the above chart of "major" countries :rotfl:
Nobody is bothered about Chinese fake stats :D
I believe the Chinese are... :lol:. Let's see if the gobar times criticizes this chart, that would make my day...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

there is no stopping this greedy company

"booster dose" numbers 4,5,6,7,8,9..............etc are not far behind

@ANI ·7h
US FDA advisory committee approves Pfizer COVID booster shots for over-65s and high-risk people: AFP
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Whoever decided to make the running total visible on CoWin is either a genius or a sadist. Now there will be millions tracking it everyday all day like a cricket score.

Over 1.5 million already so far today.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

+1 :D

The likes of the BiBiSee, the SeeYenYen,... will also have people watching it (probably the newest interns) waiting to latch on to any sign of a possible glitch :rotfl:
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

In the meantime, this is from my town..

Nearly 90% of people in India's financial capital, Mumbai, are estimated to have COVID-19 antibodies
Nearly 90% of people in India's financial capital, Mumbai, are estimated to have COVID-19 antibodies, according to the civic body survey released on Friday.

The fifth blood serum survey which tests for antibodies, known as a sero survey conducted between August and early September included 8,674 adults out of which almost 65% of the subjects were vaccinated.
Karna
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Karna »

Manish_P wrote:In the meantime, this is from my town..

Nearly 90% of people in India's financial capital, Mumbai, are estimated to have COVID-19 antibodies
Nearly 90% of people in India's financial capital, Mumbai, are estimated to have COVID-19 antibodies, according to the civic body survey released on Friday.

The fifth blood serum survey which tests for antibodies, known as a sero survey conducted between August and early September included 8,674 adults, out of which almost 65% of the subjects were vaccinated.
This will help in opening up the workplace and markets. Though the city almost seems to be back to it's normal self.
Karna
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Karna »

Suraj wrote:Whoever decided to make the running total visible on CoWin is either a genius or a sadist. Now there will be millions tracking it everyday all day like a cricket score.

Over 1.5 million already so far today.
Sadist Genius... Ppl tend to forget that with regularity we have undertaken single day polio vaccination campaigns.. Election Day voting in remote corners of the country..so the government machinery in terms of reach already existed. The question was of adequate supply. Now that it's sorted ppl can only watch. The sensationalism which was created due to the tragic circumstances will come back to bite them. World needs India more than western world to vaccinate itself.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I wonder what Rubbish Kumar would be saying about this.