Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

Post by chetak »

srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

India’s great coronavirus mystery: why so many cases in Kerala?
* The southern state accounts for two-thirds of new infections in India, despite having only 3 per cent of the population and a vaccination rate that, at 70 per cent, is higher than the national average
* Is it the festivals, the population density, or a lax approach to quarantine? Or perhaps Kerala is simply honest about its figures, or so good at containing the disease last time round that too few people now have antibodies?
Now I've seen everything ...
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Brazil removes 12m of vaccines from its vaccination drive. Vaccines from SinoVac

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/brazils-f ... ne-sinovac
Anvisa, the federal health regulator of Brazil, on Saturday (4 September) halted the use of over 12 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that were produced in an unauthorised plant, reports Reuters.

In a statement, the health regulator stated that the matter was brought to attention a day earlier by Sao Paulo's Butantan institute that 25 batches, or 12.1 million doses, sent to Brazil had been made in the plant.
I think one can take Sinovac only at their own peril.

When India starts exporting its vaccines again, Singapore should be last on its list. Singapore in general has low opinion of India and high opinion of China. Let them use Sinovac.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Please watch fully ..
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

https://pib.gov.in/PressReleseDetail.aspx?PRID=1752649
DAY 234: 69, 68, 96,328 Cumulative Vaccinations

70 crore will be crossed by Tuesday 7 Sep 2021 morning! Therefore 10 crore doses in 13 days is a new record.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Amber G. wrote:
Amber G. wrote:^^As of 7PM according to PIB the number is about 595 Million ( 594,765,751) (Delta = 6,544,128)
Interesting statistics:
First 100 Million - 85 days
Second 100 Million - 45 days
Third 100 Million - 29 days
Fourth 100 Million - 24 days
Fifth 100 Million - 20 days!
Sixth 100 Million - 19 days.. (Will reach by August 25. 7PM)
(Can we get it to 10 days!)
Seventh 100 Million - 13 days (Sept 7) ??? (or will it be 12 days ) (After 9 day and we have 676M)
Added later: After 10 day: Per PIB &PM values: 683,729,058
160 M Fully Vaccinated, 525 M at least one dose, Total 684M , (16M more needed for 200M).
India has very successfully run many very large non covid VAX programs in the past and we have the accumulated muscle memory to adapt to the requirements of the new virus vaccination campaign.

the goras disdainfully dismissed us then, as they are trying to dismiss our efforts now.

there are significant numbers of Indian nurses who have been given preferential visas in the past in thinly veiled efforts to grab nurses from India

the failure of "big pharma" pfizer, moderna and j&j to break into the vast Indian market has added anger and pique to their already considerable angst

Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Incredible achievements all around for the vaccination program in India. Meanwhile, one of my office staff here just tested positive, she is one of the three that refused vaccination. It is a different world they seem to be living in.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Total Vaccination : 69,90,62,776 (+1,13,53,571)
https://www.mohfw.gov.in/

At the time of this posting, total vaccinations should now have crossed 70 crore! No small achievement.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Not only is the vaccination rate through the roof so far in September - 46-47 million vaccinations in the first 6 days or close to 8M a day , but the balance continues to remain 50m still.

Typically a month exhibits its final performance level by around the third week, when supplies start ramping up towards month end, but right now just the first week suggests a month performance of ~240M . This does not normally happen - usually the early weeks are below the expected full month rate and the second half accelerates.

Either this months supply is more frontloaded than prior months, or SII/BB are obtaining production yields ahead of their expectations.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

disha wrote:I think one can take Sinovac only at their own peril.

When India starts exporting its vaccines again, Singapore should be last on its list. Singapore in general has low opinion of India and high opinion of China. Let them use Sinovac.
That's not what I heard. I heard that the (possibly large) fraction of Singaporeans who had any intent to travel to China, as well as Chinese-Singaporeans, preferred Sinovac because of the belief that Chinese would not recognize any other vaccine. There is some truth to this but as with all things in China neither confirmed nor denied. Singaporeans who had the choice went for the western vaccines.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The high vaccination rates could be a result of the extra 5.31 crores vaccines being available to the states. If states are being diligent then we can see a massive spike in vaccination being done in the current month.

I am slightly concerned about BB process yields. They are quite far from 100 million monthly doses production rates.

Unless they reach and exceed that goal. We will continue to be dependent on the SII production. While SII already crossed 120 million doses in August.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

By the end of the year we should be closed to ~1 Billion first shots of mostly Covishield and Covaxin. The subsequent second and booster shots will have to be of the same vaccines. So where and when are the new vaccines currently in trials like Zydus Cadilla going to be used?
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

I read in Times of India that, among Monday's 1crore+ numbers, over 40 lakh doses were administered in UP and over 20 lakhs in Bihar. West Bengal administered about 7 lakh doses.

These three states have the largest percentage of unvaccinated. It is good that they are catching up.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

nachiket wrote:By the end of the year we should be closed to ~1 Billion first shots of mostly Covishield and Covaxin. The subsequent second and booster shots will have to be of the same vaccines. So where and when are the new vaccines currently in trials like Zydus Cadilla going to be used?
Zydus Cadilla will be good if it is used for children, since it is administered needle-free.

Biological E seems to be way behind schedule in their trials. They were supposed to have completed their trials and start supplying 5 crore doses a month by September. They are months away from that still.
VipinM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VipinM »

One observation from my end: Both me and my missus including my parents have had 2 doses of vaccine. We went to Mathura and nearby places with proper masks and hand sanitizers in hand. I was expecting strict Covid protocol even for temples and what I saw was completely astounding. No one was wearing mask and that includes local policemen. No social distancing in all temples.

Tourists who were roaming around with masks also took them off after seeing the local behavior. Asked few locals around and they kind of shrugged their shoulders and said "govt hi bada chada ke covid ka kar rahi hai, yahan Mathura mein nahin hota covid.Lord Krishna ki blessing hai hum sab pe " :-o

I am speechless
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

Getting to know firsthand of a couple of Breakthru cases where the entire family has been vaccinated and both families caught Covid after attending a social event.

The wife in the first family I know of is a school teacher and is considered a frontline worker and was vaccinated in the first batch with vaccine along with the family members.

The second one the daughter came back home from another town where she was working on vacation, the family had a small get-together with few other friends, who according to them were all vaccinated, and lo and behold all of them who attended caught Covid. This friend of mine ended up getting Regeneron therapy in Houston since he is diabetic and over 50 plus.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Hope they get better soon. Would you know if they were wearing masks?

The mask guidance was flubbed, but at least some places are going back to mandating masks even when outside.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

mappunni wrote:Getting to know firsthand of a couple of Breakthru cases where the entire family has been vaccinated and both families caught Covid after attending a social event.

The wife in the first family I know of is a school teacher and is considered a frontline worker and was vaccinated in the first batch with vaccine along with the family members.

The second one the daughter came back home from another town where she was working on vacation, the family had a small get-together with few other friends, who according to them were all vaccinated, and lo and behold all of them who attended caught Covid. This friend of mine ended up getting Regeneron therapy in Houston since he is diabetic and over 50 plus.
in US?
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

Yes Saars, It is in the US, Texas to be precise. Desi families. The first family was not wearing masks. The second one too since at the get-together all the other families were vaccinated. Now trying to find out if any of his friends at the get-together were also infected.

In Texas at least there are no mandatory mask requirements and most places do not insist on masks.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Mappunni'ji, hope your friends recover and you stay safe.

My neighbour fully vaccinated came from india and tested positive on arrival. This was when the second wave was sweeping through India. She was symptomatic for 3 days and it was more like a flu.

If all who got breakthru cases, but with mild symptoms (or asymptomatic), then can one say those persons are super-immune?

This is going like the way of flu. When I got the first flu, it was terrible. Then I had vaccinations for couple of years and stopped. And again got flu later, but it was mild. And then some more vaccinations and one of the year none of the vaccinations worked and several got severe flu. I got mild flu then.

Hence I am hoping that this goes the way of flu and ppl will get back to normalcy.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

VipinM wrote: Tourists who were roaming around with masks also took them off after seeing the local behavior. Asked few locals around and they kind of shrugged their shoulders and said "govt hi bada chada ke covid ka kar rahi hai, yahan Mathura mein nahin hota covid.Lord Krishna ki blessing hai hum sab pe " :-o

I am speechless
I understand that silly behaviour. At the same time the 7-day avg for all-India is 36k and 50% of it is from Kerala. 7-day avg in UP is @30. And the sero-prevalance in all India shows @65% https://www.ft.com/content/2f6c0907-a55 ... c8ce482ed1

With 70% of eligible popln. getting one jab by the end of the month, it may be that the '3rd wave' will be a ripple.

It is in everyone's interest to scare the popln on 3rd wave. Particularly GOI will not come out and say that 3rd wave will be a ripple. And it is in all the naysayers interest to say that 3rd wave is coming (to show that vaccinations have failed), but the naysayers are somewhat quiet now.

Point is, the popln goes with what happens locally. If they do not see serious cases other than that "strong Jhukaa" (strong cold) they would be none wiser if it is flu or cold or coronavirus. And asking them for strict protocols and lockdowns will be counterproductive.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Some of the ads from the HIV/AIDS days need to be brought back to promote mask wearing. One knows one doesn't have Covid, but hard to say the same for any other human/cat/dog one comes in contact with :mrgreen: .
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

Based on what's happening in the western countries, we know that vaccination status will not alone prevent a new wave. And India is still atleast 2 months behind in getting a similar vaccination coverage. Currently, we are still mainly protected by past exposure and mask mandate. It is not clear how long protection from the former will last. I don't think that the need for mask mandate is going to disappear for at least another year. So empirical observation in Mathura, if true, is playing with fire and the state/local govt. needs to implement the fines. No more chalta hai attitude.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

People are exhausted with care and precautions. They just want to get back to whatever they think normalcy used to be.

In my own residential society the swimming pool has been reopened. Not sure if the guidance from the district authorities has been received for it.

A lot of people are using the pool.

I assume that all of them are vaccinated due to the multiple vaccination camps in the society.

It's a calculated risk.

Government cannot do too much to prevent the spread of covid. Unless the population pays attention and is cautious.
milindc
BRFite

Post by milindc »

Govt orders 66cr Covishield doses. SII now has capacity to manufacture 20.29 crore in September. Amazing !!!!!

https://news.rediff.com/commentary/2021 ... eb26c82c45
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

found this on the net

So, how did these guys manage to stay unaffected

Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

^^^
Human life is cheap in those parts.

If you just read news reports, unclear how many died due to tellibunny terrorism. But many do -- day-in day out.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

vijayk wrote:

Please watch fully ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkcp04z8pE4

This youtube has gone viral with over 1 million views in 3 days.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

^^^^
In The videos, there is a mention that UP in India , Mexico city and Argentina 2 regions have used ivermectin as a protocl for all contact and those with covid infection., there has been a sharp reduction in the covid infcetions and fatalities.

All of these are poorer regions relatively.

studies from mexico are available. But none from UP and Argebtina. Hope they publish if any studies available.

-------------------------------
Both TN and kerala removed ivermectin from their state mx protocols for covid.

whatever it is the reason, unfortunate kerala is a heavy contributor to covid infcetions.
has not had a day less than 1000 infections for over a year

--------------------------------------------------------------------
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Important news: https://zeenews.india.com/india/one-cov ... 92578.html
New Delhi: One vaccine dose alone is 96.6% effective in preventing COVID-19 deaths in India, and two doses are 97.5% effective, the Health Ministry said on Thursday (September 9) after analysing data between April and August. The Ministry further stated that vaccines were effective in preventing death across all age groups.
And hence the race to get people vaccinated at the earliest. Giving one jab to all is better than giving two jabs to some.

Also it is sad that hype does kill people. #mediapimps created the hype that Kerala had the best coronavirus combat model and the current situation is
Meanwhile, the government warned that the second wave was far from over. India still witnessing the second wave of coronavirus pandemic, the Centre said in a press briefing on Thursday (September 9). The government said that the second wave is not over yet and there are still many districts that are reporting a high rate of COVID-19 positivity.

India's 35 districts are reporting weekly COVID positivity rate of over 10%. In 30 districts it's between 5-10%,” the Centre said. It further said that out of the total cases reported last week, 68.59% were from Kerala.
70% of the cases are from Kerala. It is criminal that mediapimps and anti-modi politicking lead to the situation where the common person from Kerala is paying the price. The cost of delusion is really really high.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

And PM Modi takes a high level status meeting. Both Mah and Kerala are being pulled up.

https://news.google.com/articles/CCAiC2 ... id=IN%3Aen
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

I was asking a doctor relative of mine about Ivermectin. She said though in the State where she practices Ivermectin is off the official treatment protocol, she does prescribe Ivermectin for patients who are Covid positive. She said at the end of the day a doctor owes a primary duty to caring for the well being of patients under his/her care. So deviating from the official protocol or not, is a matter of professional judgment. Experience in clinical practice and diagnostic skill helps. So I don't know how far this pharmaceutical lobby thing is valid. Ultimately doctors have to look within themselves if they are doing the right thing by their patients.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

How is it that only India, and so very consistently too, produces such बेशकीमती rectums every time.

this dedicated kissing of gora butt must be plenty lucrative.

a bit dated, but still venomous, both in intent and content

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Andy Mukherjee blocked me on Twitter . Funny thing is I never saw his profile until a week ago and have never interacted with him ever. Someone pointed me to a recent article of his and I went to his timeline to see it and saw I was already blocked from it.

Of course I’m hugely flattered that he blocked me already but it goes to show he’s just one of the birds of a feather using blocked lists. I don’t block people by reputation, just the ones who crap on my timeline. If someone asks where my data is from, I’m happy to point them to it and let them conclude their own way if they want.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Andy Mukherjee has always been a turd. Anything that doesnt debase India cant be news for him.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Who's this guy anyway?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Leftist turds no matter where they are in the world, when presented with facts and data, will always block you. I have a friend who is a bigwig in the US Dumbocratic party to whom I presented the data on Indian elections with over 911 million registered voters who have biometric photo ID, and I asked why the US couldn't do something like this over 8 years? Well, he blocked me on SM. Predictable.

Speaking of data Day 239:

India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 73.73 Crore (73,73,67,313) today.
Delta of +7.62 million