Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

Post by vijayk »

saip wrote:During the past four days recoveries have exceeded new cases and finally the seven day moving average of rise in new cases has dipped below zero. Hope the trend continues.
-2.6% today
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Rsatchi wrote:What's with Coupta!! :eek:
He seems to have taken a 180 degree turn: seems to be sympathetic to the GOI
https://youtu.be/TbZ4Z9Se-mY
I saw a similar attitude in cut-the-crap episode on Agri bills!!! :roll:
Any news of 'Bangalore Torpedo' being put up his 'Musharaff'
why is he singing soprano?? :lol: :lol:
He’s no fool and knows which side the bread is buttered. Opposition is in disarray.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Mort Walker wrote:
Rsatchi wrote:What's with Coupta!! :eek:
He seems to have taken a 180 degree turn: seems to be sympathetic to the GOI
https://youtu.be/TbZ4Z9Se-mY
I saw a similar attitude in cut-the-crap episode on Agri bills!!! :roll:
Any news of 'Bangalore Torpedo' being put up his 'Musharaff'
why is he singing soprano?? :lol: :lol:
He’s no fool and knows which side the bread is buttered. Opposition is in disarray.
Will bide for his time until Modi is weak
rpartha
BRFite

Post by rpartha »

vijayk wrote:
saip wrote:During the past four days recoveries have exceeded new cases and finally the seven day moving average of rise in new cases has dipped below zero. Hope the trend continues.
-2.6% today
Given that we have relaxed lockdown and most of the people are out in the streets the expectation is the number will go through the roof but that is not the case... any idea folks on what's happening??
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

^^^ I was hoping for the best but it unfortunately it seems too good to be true.

The cases plateaued because the increase of testing went down. Worst, positivity from the tests went up. Meaning the trendlines are still up if we were continuing the same pace of testing that we were doing until the beginning of September.

https://m.hindustantimes.com/india-news ... 4LCrK.html

The seven-day case average touched a peak (so far) on September 16, at 93,617, and dropped for five consecutive days after that. By Monday night, this number had dropped to 90,472. This is an unprecedented drop for a country, which has seen a near-steady increase of the case trajectory throughout the course of the pandemic.

But testing follows a similar drop in trajectory

India set a new record for the daily tests for Covid-19 on Saturday when 1.2 million samples were tested, according to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), the country’s apex body on biomedical research. However, notwithstanding Saturday’s record, daily testing has been seeing a long plateau since the first week of September. For the week ending Monday, on average 1,001,929 tests were conducted every day. This number was 1,098,274 for the week ending September 13 (the highest it has ever touched so far).

In fact, the seven-day average line for daily tests (or the daily test trajectory) has largely followed the same path as the daily cases – a week--long plateau around September 10, and a drop over the past five-six days.

Meanwhile, positivity rate is rising, again

The seven-day average of positivity rate – the proportion of tests that come back positive for Covid-19 – has started rising again. In the past week, 9.2% of all tests conducted across the country have come back positive, the highest this number has touched in 40 days, or since August 12. Over the past month, the average of positivity rate has increased 1.5 percentage points — from 7.7% for week ending August 21 to 9.2% for week ending September 21.

A rising positivity rate means that more people are testing positive for Sars-Cov2 and thus, if this number is rising, it indicates a higher prevalence of virus within the community.

While cases do appear to have hit a plateau, two crucial metrics – daily testing and positivity rate – don’t present a good picture. India is conducting fewer cases today (on average) than it was a week ago, and a larger proportion of those tests are coming back positive. This would mean that there’s a good chance of the case trajectory rising again — if testing levels do.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chola wrote:^^^ I was hoping for the best but it unfortunately it seems too good to be true.

The cases plateaued because the increase of testing went down. Worst, positivity from the tests went up. Meaning the trendlines are still up if we were continuing the same pace of testing that we were doing until the beginning of September.

https://m.hindustantimes.com/india-news ... 4LCrK.html

The seven-day case average touched a peak (so far) on September 16, at 93,617, and dropped for five consecutive days after that. By Monday night, this number had dropped to 90,472. This is an unprecedented drop for a country, which has seen a near-steady increase of the case trajectory throughout the course of the pandemic.

But testing follows a similar drop in trajectory

India set a new record for the daily tests for Covid-19 on Saturday when 1.2 million samples were tested, according to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), the country’s apex body on biomedical research. However, notwithstanding Saturday’s record, daily testing has been seeing a long plateau since the first week of September. For the week ending Monday, on average 1,001,929 tests were conducted every day. This number was 1,098,274 for the week ending September 13 (the highest it has ever touched so far).

In fact, the seven-day average line for daily tests (or the daily test trajectory) has largely followed the same path as the daily cases – a week--long plateau around September 10, and a drop over the past five-six days.

Meanwhile, positivity rate is rising, again

The seven-day average of positivity rate – the proportion of tests that come back positive for Covid-19 – has started rising again. In the past week, 9.2% of all tests conducted across the country have come back positive, the highest this number has touched in 40 days, or since August 12. Over the past month, the average of positivity rate has increased 1.5 percentage points — from 7.7% for week ending August 21 to 9.2% for week ending September 21.

A rising positivity rate means that more people are testing positive for Sars-Cov2 and thus, if this number is rising, it indicates a higher prevalence of virus within the community.

While cases do appear to have hit a plateau, two crucial metrics – daily testing and positivity rate – don’t present a good picture. India is conducting fewer cases today (on average) than it was a week ago, and a larger proportion of those tests are coming back positive. This would mean that there’s a good chance of the case trajectory rising again — if testing levels do.

Looks like Testing increased based on the data

https://www.covid19india.org/

MH was doing 80-90K per day but yesterday shows 1.1 L
rpartha
BRFite

Post by rpartha »

chola wrote:^^^ I was hoping for the best but it unfortunately it seems too good to be true.

Thanks...

Wow... I thought (or wishing) something is protecting us.. looks like no magic out there... if this trend continues then it means in next 3 weeks the numbers will go through the roof...
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

From beginning

Last 1 month

Last 3 months

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

I found another site with all raw data

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing

WIll check it out later but if anyone has time to look at it, please check India data

https://covid.ourworldindata.org/data/o ... d-data.csv
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

sudarshan wrote:
So it was in "api," that's what I was looking for.

Thank you heaps!
Testing data are available as above, both states-wise and all-India wise. Data is cumulative, for day-to-day numbers, you need to difference the data yourself.

All I can see is that testing is erratic. 21st Sep was around 9.3 lakhs, the day before that (20th Sep) was 7.3 lakhs, which is very much lower than the all-time peak of 1.2 million. But that all-time peak was on 19th Sep! So go figure.

There were similar erratic trends in the preceding weeks. It seems to be demand-driven, if there's less demand on a particular day, then lower number of tests. I don't know if one needs to panic about positivity rate going from 7% to 9.3%, states in the USA have seen much bigger swings. Lower case counts don't seem to be a testing artifact - yet. We'll know in a couple of days.
saip wrote:Looking at 7 day moving average the rise in active case is showing a sharp decline from 9/10 or so. Hope it holds.
See, this is why I write it out as "21st Sep" and so on :). 9/10 is a date which is still in the future in India.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/tru ... 23606.html
Trump suggests Pfizer could win US COVID-19 vaccine approval, J&J to come later
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Here's the interview of WION with the missing Chinese virologist

How legit it's this?
https://twitter.com/WIONews/status/1308 ... 97184?s=20
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

#DailyUpdate #COVID19India
The growth rate of active cases falls further = -0.8%
And this would have been a great relief if and only if...

Prof Shamika Ravi
@ShamikaRavi
..this had not happened. The 7 day moving average of daily tests shows a significant decline. This is troubling.
1) Lowered testing will lead to delayed detection of cases and rise in deaths.
2) Reduction in testing is being driven by some states.
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

IndraD wrote:any RCT in favour of Remdesivir ? ^

By the time RECOVERY trial came pandemic was on way out. Hence usefulness of dexamethasone could not be established , now with return of pandemic it will hopefully be part of treatment plan.
https://elemental.medium.com/coronaviru ... 4032481ab2
Around April-May there were quite a few articles suggesting SARS 2 is a vasulotropic virus hence the quest for anticoagulation in more than normal dose and it did save lives.
Yes, but at least IMO it's pretty lackluster. It showed a quicker recovery for patients who require supplemental O2, but no significant difference in mortality. A more careful review of the data shows that the poaitive result is essentially completely driven by those who require O2 but are not too ill (i.e. requiring intubation).
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Minister of State for Railways Suresh Angadi dies of Covid-19
The BJP MP initially asymptomatic was admitted to the dedicated Covid-19 facility at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, where he passed away. Angadi's wife Mangala and other members were also in hospital when he died.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

coronavirus could have become more contagious due to mutation on a spike protein https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... k-wearing/

Covid-19 may have become more contagious as it has mutated, the largest genetic study carried out in the US into the virus has suggested, as scientists warn it could be adapting to interventions such as mask-wearing and social distancing.

One variant of the novel coronavirus is now one of the most dominant in America, accounting for 99.9 per cent of cases in one area studied.

The paper concluded that a mutation that changes the structure of the “spike protein” on the surface of the virus may be driving the outsized spread of that particular strain.

Researchers have been sequencing the genomes of the coronavirus at Houston Methodist, one of the largest hospitals in Texas, since early March, when the virus first appeared in the city. To date, they have documented 5,085 sequences.

In the first wave of the outbreak in Houston around March, some 71 per cent of the viruses were characterised by the mutation, which originated in China and is known as D614G.

By the second wave, which began in May and is ongoing, the D614G mutation leaped to 99.9 per cent prevalence.

A tiny tweak in the spike protein of the dominant variant switches an amino acid from aspartic acid to glycine. The new mutation appears to be outdistancing all of its competitors. The graphic below explains more.

The researchers, who include some from the University of Chicago and the University of Texas at Austin, found that people infected with this strain had higher "loads" of virus in their upper respiratory tracts, which allows a virus to spread more effectively.

One of the authors offered that D614G has been increasingly dominant in Houston and other areas because it is better adapted to spreading among humans.

Their paper, published on Wednesday by preprint server MedRxiv, however, did not find that it was more deadly.

A similar study published in the UK had similar results, finding that D614G was increasing in frequency at “an alarming rate” and had rapidly become the dominant Covid-19 lineage in Europe and had then taken hold in the US, Canada and Australia.

By failing to control the spread in the US - which has the highest number of cases in the world - the virus has been given more opportunity to mutate in a shorter amount of time.

David Morens, a virologist at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), told the Washington Post the findings point to the possibility that the virus has become more transmissible and that this “may have implications for our ability to control it”.

Mr Morens cautioned that it was only one study that had not yet been peer-reviewed and “you don’t want to over-interpret what this means”. But the virus, he said, could potentially be responding - through mutations - to such interventions as hand-washing and social distancing.

“Wearing masks, washing our hands, all those things are barriers to transmissibility, or contagion, but as the virus becomes more contagious it statistically is better at getting around those barriers,” said Mr Morens, senior adviser to Dr Anthony Fauci, the director of NIAID.

As a rule, the more genetic diversity a virus has the more prepared it is to evolve away from future treatments and vaccines.

Other virologists downplayed the importance of the study, saying much is still unknown about the various mutations of the virus and how virulent they are.

Studying mutations in detail, however, could be important for controlling the pandemic. It might help to pre-empt the most worrying of mutations - those that could help the virus to evade immune systems, vaccines or antibody therapies.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

India has lost 382 doctors in battle on coronavirus, IMA told today :shock: :shock:
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

IndraD wrote:India has lost 382 doctors in battle on coronavirus, IMA told today :shock: :shock:
I looked at the list because i was curious to see if my dad's name was on it & it is. As is the name of another close family member who died at the age of 27 and whose story I have shared in the previous pages (his name surprisingly has been recorded twice). However, there are couple of doctors whom I know have died from Covid but are missing from the list, and I am sure there are plenty of private practitioner deaths that are not recorded by IMA who may also be missing. Unlike EU and US, IMA does not count the deaths of other healthcare workers like nurses, admin staff, lab staff, ambulance drivers, ayurveda, homeopathy, unani practitioenrs etc. So the total healthcare worker death may well be close to 5% of the total deaths using the US HCW numbers as a base. It is a depressing statistic , we may have lost more healthcare workers per million than any other nation in the world.
Last edited by Ambar on 25 Sep 2020 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

Ambar wrote:
IndraD wrote:India has lost 382 doctors in battle on coronavirus, IMA told today :shock: :shock:
I looked at the list because i was curious to see if my dad's name was on it & it was. As was the name of another close family member who died at the age of 27 and who's story I have shared in the previous pages (his name surprisingly has been recorded twice). However, there are couple of doctors whom I know have died from Covid but are missing from the list, and I am sure there are plenty of private practitioner deaths that are not recorded by IMA who may also be missing. Unlike EU and US, IMA does not count the deaths of other healthcare workers like nurses, admin staff, lab staff, ambulance drivers, ayurveda, homeopathy, unani practitioenrs etc. So the total healthcare worker death may well be close to 5% of the total deaths using the US HCW numbers as a base. It is a depressing statistic.

shatshat naman to your dad and to all those on the frontlines.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Testing numbers today in India: roughly 11.5 lakhs. Case count: roughly 86,000. 7.5% positive rate, and testing number is close to the all-time peak of 12 lakhs.

But there are some confounding factors. We don't know how many days pass between conducting a test and getting the results, so there is a lag between testing and "declaring" a positive case. This lag is also variable - in some cases it could be two days, in others - who knows - weeks even? So better to compare 7-day average case counts against 7-day average test numbers, which I plan to do next.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

sudarshan wrote:Testing numbers today in India: roughly 11.5 lakhs. Case count: roughly 86,000. 7.5% positive rate, and testing number is close to the all-time peak of 12 lakhs.

But there are some confounding factors. We don't know how many days pass between conducting a test and getting the results, so there is a lag between testing and "declaring" a positive case. This lag is also variable - in some cases it could be two days, in others - who knows - weeks even? So better to compare 7-day average case counts against 7-day average test numbers, which I plan to do next.
Hope they keep up the testing
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

sum wrote:Minister of State for Railways Suresh Angadi dies of Covid-19
The BJP MP initially asymptomatic was admitted to the dedicated Covid-19 facility at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, where he passed away. Angadi's wife Mangala and other members were also in hospital when he died.
3 politicians from Karnataka have so far died from Covid. After Ashok Gasti & Suresh Angadi, Narayan Rao an MLA from INC died of covid last night. After a miraculous recovery we are now hearing SP Balasubramanian's condition is once again critical. This terrible virus is unpredictable on whom it chooses and how it strikes. In both Suresh Angadi and SP Balasubramanian's case they were asymptomatic or had very mild symptoms at the time of the test. Both had access to the best healthcare available and started the treatment early, but within days their situation went from normal to critical and Suresh Angadi passed away while SP Balasubramanian has been battling the virus for nearly 2 months now. Its almost as if the virus is a timed chemical weapon that lays in dormant state and strikes when everything seems normal. Ofcourse, then there are cases of 90 something year olds beating the virus with nothing more than some antibiotics in a taluk govt hospital.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Did SP Balasubramanian have any comorbities, like high blood pressure or diabetes?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Yes. Type 2 diabetes and BP. Around 2012 he weighed 135 Kgs before going for bariatric surgery, after which he dropped to approx 95 kgs.

EDIT - news reporting that he passed away. Om Shanti.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

^^^Covid claims a son of India. Bhagawan unki aatma Ko Shanti de.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

sudarshan wrote:Testing numbers today in India: roughly 11.5 lakhs. Case count: roughly 86,000. 7.5% positive rate, and testing number is close to the all-time peak of 12 lakhs.

So looking at the data they tested 14 lakhs but results will take time. I am guessing decreased testing for past one week is showing lower results now.
The numbers will go up
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

SP Balu's passing away is a real loss. A true Bharat Ratna, for the excellence he achieved in his art, his immense contributions to his profession and for the wonderful exemplary dharmic human being he was. I will miss him as a fellow Indian and as a distant relative.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Dr Sekhar Basu, Eminent Nuclear Scientist And Champion Of Mega Science Projects, Passes Away
https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/dr-s ... asses-away
Renowned Indian nuclear scientist Dr Sekhar Basu has passed away in Kolkata after he was reportedly suffering from COVID-19 and other kidney ailments. He was 68 years old.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Today, there's lot of hoopla going on about mutation of the chinese virus. Just from the name of it we should have known to not trust it.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Ambar wrote:
I looked at the list because i was curious to see if my dad's name was on it & it is. As is the name of another close family member who died at the age of 27 and whose story I have shared in the previous pages (his name surprisingly has been recorded twice). However, there are couple of doctors whom I know have died from Covid but are missing from the list, and I am sure there are plenty of private practitioner deaths that are not recorded by IMA who may also be missing. Unlike EU and US, IMA does not count the deaths of other healthcare workers like nurses, admin staff, lab staff, ambulance drivers, ayurveda, homeopathy, unani practitioenrs etc. So the total healthcare worker death may well be close to 5% of the total deaths using the US HCW numbers as a base. It is a depressing statistic , we may have lost more healthcare workers per million than any other nation in the world.
Sorry to hear about that Ambar-saar. OmShanti to the departed atma. May it reach the destination of Vaikuntha and find peace forever.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Mort Walker wrote:@asgkhan

Very sorry to hear about your father. May he atttain moksha.
Primus wrote:asgkhan Ji, my condolences on the demise of your father. May he attain sadgati.
fanne wrote:@ashkhan ji Om Shanti!!
You have been through very trying times. May mother grace you with peace and calm!!
nam wrote:Condolences to you and your family for the loss.
chola wrote:@asgkhan

Condolences. I hope you and family can pull through these trying times.
Thank you everyone. These are difficult times indeed. Hospitalisation and death during these times are risky and terrifying.

Every visit to the hospital, crematorium and events during the 13 days last rites ceremony were very fearful for me.

I pray that we find a vaccine to these chinese virus and things go back to normal.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Government Caps Medical Oxygen Prices After Reports Of Shortage And Cost-Hike
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/governmen ... -cost-hike
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Ambar and asgkhan, My sincere condolences to you and your family. Om Shanti for the departed soul.

A lot of us have high risk loved ones and these are trying times...
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

When someone near and dear who is a GP contacted the Chinese virus we were worried. He used to take all the precautions with PPE and yet contracted it. At 70 years and co-morbidities like hypertension and diabetes it was very worrying. Needless to say the infection passed to his wife, son, daughter in law and their grand daughters as they all lived together in Mumbai. As it was Ganapati and he was unaware (asymptomatic) he had also visited visited his brother so the infection passed there as well... in all 10 people were infected.

The virus affected the youngest grand daughter the least.. no symptoms. Everyone else had fever, ache and loss of smell and taste. The GP was worst affected. He was monitoring his O2 levels and when it fell to below 90, we were worried. Luckily he got a bed in a nearby private hospital. Treatment given was dexamethasone and 10 injections of remdesivir over 5 days. O2 was given nasally and there was no intubation. Warfarin or similar blood thinners were given as well to prevent clotting. Lastly 2 bags of convalescent plasma were also given. Not sure what worked or it was a combination of all, but he recovered and returned home. He is a bit weak but in good health. Total hospital bill for 5 day stay out of which 2 were in ICU was around 90k. All other family members recovered without hospitalisation thankfully.

Thane municipal corporation called once or twice to tell them to self isolate which they were anyway. Otherwise no help from government in any shape or form was given nor asked for. He B was lucky in the sense that he got a good hospital.

Moral of the story is be safe.
Last edited by Tanaji on 26 Sep 2020 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Indra Ji, could you post a link? I can't find it on IMA's website or any of the news reports - they talk about it but there is no direct link. I know of two people from my college who died, but would like to see if their names are on the list or if I recognize anyone else.

Thanks.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Primusji, i wanted to find my dad so I had asked a local IMA contact to send me the list, this is the best I could get. I know for a fact that the list is incomplete. Also, the list contains names of the deceased recorded upto 8/31/20. I wish IMA had created a DB on their site where they constantly update the names and sort them by state, its a bit of a struggle to search for names using the image.

https://ibb.co/ydnG76f
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

darshan wrote:Dr Sekhar Basu, Eminent Nuclear Scientist And Champion Of Mega Science Projects, Passes Away
https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/dr-s ... asses-away
Renowned Indian nuclear scientist Dr Sekhar Basu has passed away in Kolkata after he was reportedly suffering from COVID-19 and other kidney ailments. He was 68 years old.
My neighbour.
Big loss.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Florida doctors found a coronavirus cure that’s nearly 100% effective
https://bgr.com/2020/09/26/coronavirus- ... l-florida/

Researchers from Florida think they have found a coronavirus cure, saying their treatment protocols had a success rate of nearly 100%.

AdventHealth Ocala doctors treated their patients with a combination of four types of drugs under the acronym ICAM.

ICAM is a COVID-19 therapy designed to boost the immune system while preventing inflammation in the lungs.

A clinical trial is underway to prove the findings. If it’s found to be safe and effective, ICAM therapy might be used on COVID-19 patients without the need to hospitalize them.
Doctors worldwide have been studying all sorts of therapies to manage COVID-19 and reduce complications. Now, a team of scientists from Florida thinks it has figured out an optimal protocol and they say their COVID-19 treatment has a near-perfect success rate.
ICAM isn’t a new drug, it’s an acronym for a combination of existing medications used simultaneously on patients. It uses Immunosupport drugs (Vitamin C and Zinc), Corticosteroids against inflammation, Anticoagulants against blood clots, and Macrolides to help fight infection.
Vitamin C is widely used to boost the immune system against infections and might help prop up the immune system as it fights the novel coronavirus. Zinc also has a role in immunity, and the mineral rose to prominence during the height of the hydroxychloroquine controversy. Zinc was often associated with the anti-malarial drug and azithromycin in COVID-19 therapies. Studies have since shown that hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin can’t prevent COVID-19 complications or infections.

Research has also shown that corticosteroids like dexamethasone can reduce deaths, so science has already proven this ICAM component is effective against the new virus.

As for anticoagulants, or blood thinners, doctors have known for months that they can help reduce complications. COVID-19 impacts blood vessels and can lead to the formation of micro clots that can block blood flow to key organs, including the lungs, brain, and heart. That’s why COVID-19 can impair the functionality of the lungs and lead to strokes and heart attacks.

Macrolides are a class of antibiotics and azithromycin is one member of the family, also known from its association with hydroxychloroquine.

“We had no need for mechanical ventilation, and the patients all survived the discharge regardless of age and regardless of past medical history,” Norwood-Williams said about the ICAM protocol. She explained that the drug combination “works to defend the body from the most severe cases of the coronavirus.”
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

In India, my nephew was admitted at a hospital for COVID-19. He was given steroids (dexamthasone) and anti-coagulants (Elequis?). Also he was given anti-biotics. Not sure if he was given C & Zinc (but my wife did advise him to take both). This is in Hyderabad. Now he was discharged (after a week) and now he is OK though somewhat under weather. His father died of COVID a month ago and he was attending to him before he passed. His tests (twice) a few days later came out NEGATIVE even though he was exhibiting typical symptoms. He is only 35 and though over weight does not have any comorbities. His treatment protocol pretty much looks like ICAM.