Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Raja
BRFite

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

Post by Raja »

Yes, without that agreement, SII would have not gotten the rights to produce covidshield. Crying over exports is a distraction. But GOI could and should boost investment in vaccine production.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

https://twitter.com/EricBellmanWSJ/stat ... 96192?s=19
India's vaccination drive has surpassed that of America.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Exports aren't problem. Not doing everything to ramp up domestic ones is a problem. If that requires having a priority pay lines then it should have been enabled. 20% of production should have been allowed to be sold at higher prices to increase production or to setup vaccine funds. Instead this pool of money was allowed to go to bribes. I'm assuming that around 20% of population would have resorted to bribes. Instead they could have bought at MSRP and GoI could have pooled that money to support others that aren't SII. States like GJ could have done investments too. Every jolt to economy is much higher than 100Cr for states like GJ.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

well a report say Pfizer vax gives 6 months of protection. assuming the same for covishield/covaxin we will be requiring vaccines in humongous numbers for a very very long period.. a real public health nightmare.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

in a interview poonawalla was claiming 5000 vax per minute = 7.2M daily ..now it seems the production is barely 2M to 3 M per day !!! wtf is going on.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

a_bharat wrote:I think it is unfair to SII and BB if other vaccines are not price-controlled in the Indian market.
The perils of a mixed economy and healthcare system. Maybe someone from the UK or another country with both a public and private health care system can chime in with how pricing is handled.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Given the timescales, the government procurement costs are not the reason SII cannot produce enough. The GoI is not buying entire production stocks. It is buying batches, and SiI negotiated prices directly. They can renegotiate prices higher for later batches . SII cannot anticipate margins easily when it’s different commitments come at different prices.

However, to immediately ramp up production, GoI must still invest lump sum amounts into expansion of capacity. This is what the US is compelled to do too. If we want to consider SII or BBs cost of production AND their need to urgently expand capacity, there is no option but to pay them more cash up front

It is probably more profitable for SII to supply Gavi but they have instead deliberately focused on India now, to their credit. I have a bigger problem with the apparent lack of detail into expanding Covaxin production. It has become the ‘preferred’ option for many. It’s production is far too little compared to Covishield .

Do their relative basis make Covaxin harder to mass produce ?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^Posters complaining about capacity building need to understand that India (apart from US) is the only country with two effective vaccines. And India is the only country with an effective vaccine that does not require deep cry and can work in "3rd world" conditions.

I do dare the posters here to go and take Sinovac. And there is no data on effectiveness of Sputnik. Since both Sinovac and Sputnik do not count towards effective vaccines and hence any capacity demonstrated towards an ineffective vaccine is useless. The data coming out of China is useless. Nobody trusts their data.

Europe does not have any large scale manufacturing and hence they rely on SII. Effectively, only two countries in the world has a large scale production capacity that can churn out effective vaccines. India and US.

This in itself suggests that vaccine manufacturing is extremely tough. Extremely tough. It is like chip manufacturing only harder!.

People do need to think, how are viruses attenuated or made dead? One has to grow the virus right? If it is an egg based technology (yes, candidate vaccine virus are grown in chicken eggs) then one has to have millions of chickens laying fertilized eggs. Of course both SII and Bharat Biotech have moved away from the chicken egg based process.

Each of the manufacturing lab has to confirm to stringent environmental regulations. Is it BSL-3 or BSL-4 level requirements? For creating the master cell bank? And from there propagated to the entire manufacturing lines?

Point is, vaccine manufacturing cannot be turned on a dime. It is tougher and far more dangerous than wafer manufacturing.

Currently, India has adequate doses. And the response from the GOI is spectacular. Will tell my personal narrative in then next post.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Suraj wrote:Do their relative basis make Covaxin harder to mass produce ?
You will find this link from CDC useful. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/how-fluvaccine-made.htm. It describes the prevalent processes to manufacture vaccines. The oldest and the slowest is the fertilized chicken egg based process.

The ones which are scalable are the cell based vaccines and recombinant (flu) vaccine. The cell based vaccine is an improvement in that it does not require fertilized chicken egg as the source. It still does require viruses to be grown in cultured mammalian cells. Unlike some magic shows on netflix where forests shoot up instantaneously, virus takes it time to grow on mammalian cells.

To the discerning eye, both the fertilized chicken and cell based approaches have obvious bottlenecks. Those bottlenecks are inherent and one cannot raise the yield past those bottlenecks exponentially. It is only a rare and maybe a 100 year event where the vaccine is required to be produced exponentially.

The third approach which is new and avoids the inherent bottlenecks above is the recombinant flu vaccine. This is a specific manufacturing line for Flu virus alone. It cannot be used for non-flu virus. One can read it here: https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-cond ... and-design

As I stated earlier., Vaccine manufacturing is tougher than chip/wafer fabrication. And BTW, vaccine manufacturing creates something that is injected into you. Not the case for chip/wafer fabrication (not the pringles/lays/dorritos kind!)
Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

vera_k wrote:
a_bharat wrote:I think it is unfair to SII and BB if other vaccines are not price-controlled in the Indian market.
The perils of a mixed economy and healthcare system. Maybe someone from the UK or another country with both a public and private health care system can chime in with how pricing is handled.
In the UK, the vaccine is delivered by the National Health Service (NHS). This is free to all registered citizens, and others (eg EU citizens, registered residents). Basically the NHS get in touch with the "patient" via phone, text or mail and advise them to register for vaccination at a local center. One books online (usually a week or two wait) and get vaccinated. No money changes hands. The NHS is funded by National Insurance when one is working (in theory). You do not get to choose which vaccine you get - The same center may give some Pfizer others AZ.

I received my first shot some eight weeks aho. Yesterday I got a text from my GP with a link to register for my second shot. I am due to get my second shot on the 16th April.

I have not come across anyone who has had to pay for their vaccine in the UK. I believe the same is true in the EU when they get their act together. However I know that their procedure is more bureaucratic and there are many forms to be filled; the patient is also given a choice in France and many French people are refusing the AZ vaccine because of the antics of their politicians.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Personal note. My maternal uncle has severe commodities and he signed up for vaccination. But prior to giving him vaccination, his doctor did a coronavirus test and it turned out positive.

His test positive case was added and his name was flagged to the local health care. So the local health care came to the home, did a test on the family (thankfully my aunt's test came out negative!) and in parallel took him away to the local hospital. There he was kept overnight for observation and completed x-rays on him.

He was asymptomatic and no damage in lungs. They released him next day.

He is cursing the state & local administration. My aunt is praising the state & local administration. I do not think he could argue against my aunt. So he is sulking.

State Government: BJP
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

No one is discounting complexity of getting it done. Complains are about not enough details on harnessing the strength and capturing the market. Especially if costs are on tune of 100Cr. That request should have funded 10x the moment PM decided to get a vaccine. There are no brownie points to claim that we are one of X. Or look how cheap we can get this done. When all is said and done, no one cares or gives a damn. Everyone has a goldfish memory. chinese unloaded the virus and after that cashed out very well by supplying all sorts of things. Where's India's business case? If you have expertise then maximize it and then some.

Hopefully this won't be repeated for non vaccine options that are in works. If ayurveda provides a yearly option similar to vaccine, then that needs to be funded and pursued. It's not like chinese don't have other tricks up their sleeves or other viruses.

It can't be like I get notice of order of supplies going up and many days after that govts like GJ shut things down abruptly. If I can get metrics from calling people, then certainly govt should have been days ahead of me to avert sudden step responses. However, they were not. And case of vaccine capacity isn't any different. It should have been funded in December. Whatever they asked for it. Instead companies providing remedesvir are cashing in. Not Indian companies. Gives reminders of emergency buys of Indian military.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

manjgu wrote:in a interview poonawalla was claiming 5000 vax per minute = 7.2M daily ..now it seems the production is barely 2M to 3 M per day !!! wtf is going on.
Manjgu'ji, my guess is virus is not listening to poonawalla and not procreating in the cell cultures supplied by SII.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

AZ did run into that issue in Europe, but there haven't been any reports of that kind of problem at SII. SII is on the record saying it will be 2024 before most people are vaccinated, so its not like they are falling short.

If a machine can pack 5000 shots per minute, the plant will still need downtime for maintenance, reloading or just shift changes.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

disha wrote:Personal note. My maternal uncle has severe commodities and he signed up for vaccination. But prior to giving him vaccination, his doctor did a coronavirus test and it turned out positive.

His test positive case was added and his name was flagged to the local health care. So the local health care came to the home, did a test on the family (thankfully my aunt's test came out negative!) and in parallel took him away to the local hospital. There he was kept overnight for observation and completed x-rays on him.

He was asymptomatic and no damage in lungs. They released him next day.

He is cursing the state & local administration. My aunt is praising the state & local administration. I do not think he could argue against my aunt. So he is sulking.

State Government: BJP
Why is he cursing? Looks like they followed the protocol. Was he expecting them to not bother and give vaccine?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

vijayk wrote:Why is he cursing? Looks like they followed the protocol. Was he expecting them to not bother and give vaccine?
Remember I mentioned that he has severe co-morbidities.

There is an inherent stress of being separated from the family (and the familiar) to the local PHC and the fact that you might be seeing your family for the last time. That is, you are corona positive and over time you might detoriate and never recover and simply pass on. In effect you are saying goodbye to your family for the last time!

The other options could have been,

a. isolation at home itself. That anyway one has to quarantine at home.
b. provide an oxygen monitor. Most of the patients and their family can do this.
c. Mobile X-Ray units.

Of all of the above, item #c is the easiest. Go to the home, do a chest X-Ray using the mobile X-Ray unit and based on the result take the next decision. Why take the patient to a hospital, expose them to even possibly more severe cases and then do the same thing and return them? Hospital should be for severe cases. The beds are limited.

So yes, my maternal uncle's issues are very valid. We had one year in India to manufacture mobile x-ray units. We could have used the DRDO/DRDL and OFB to manufacture it at mass scale.

Hence if I have criticism for GOI and Modi Government, it is this. They had one year to become power house in medical equipment manufacturer in several areas and not just ventilation units.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Have you seen a mobile xray unit? I have not seen one in the USA. How big are they? How practical are they in Indian conditions? Are they in a van?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

saip wrote:Have you seen a mobile xray unit? I have not seen one in the USA. How big are they? How practical are they in Indian conditions? Are they in a van?
Portable X-ray machines are available world wide. The US military and federal agencies use them and are small enough to transport in a small truck or van, but need to be powered with a generator. Siemens and GE make them. Now what would be nice would be portable CT scan machines, which do exist, but I haven't seen one.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

J&J to apply for bridging study, to approach DGCI next week for trial of its single-shot Covid vaccine
US drugmaker Johnson & Johnson is expected to file an application for a bridging clinical trial with the Drugs Controller General of India next week, as the company prepares the ground for the launch of its single-shot Covid vaccine in the country, said people with knowledge of the matter.

The phase 2/3 trial will be on the lines of studies by SII and DRL for the AstraZeneca and Sputnik V vaccines, respectively.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Kakkaji wrote:J&J to apply for bridging study, to approach DGCI next week for trial of its single-shot Covid vaccine
US drugmaker Johnson & Johnson is expected to file an application for a bridging clinical trial with the Drugs Controller General of India next week, as the company prepares the ground for the launch of its single-shot Covid vaccine in the country, said people with knowledge of the matter.

The phase 2/3 trial will be on the lines of studies by SII and DRL for the AstraZeneca and Sputnik V vaccines, respectively.

i got my J&J vaccine today in Khan land. single-dose vaccine will speed up things rapidly
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

darshan wrote:No one is discounting complexity of getting it done. Complains are about not enough details on harnessing the strength and capturing the market. Especially if costs are on tune of 100Cr. That request should have funded 10x the moment PM decided to get a vaccine. There are no brownie points to claim that we are one of X. Or look how cheap we can get this done. When all is said and done, no one cares or gives a damn. Everyone has a goldfish memory.
This attitude is incredibly irresponsible. Public response to the situation must be commensurate with the performance of the government. We the public are part of the same society as the government. Do NOT normalize such divisive and thoughtless attitudes and this forum is not the place to host it. If you're that vicious, find an appropriate place or way to let your steam out.

India, a developing country with limited resources, has outdone most of the developed world in essentially every measure of independently managing this pandemic. People whine about a ship intruding into our EEZ. Think what it's like to be a country that lacks its own vaccine or has limited production ability such that it is almost entirely at the mercy of another to supply it - which it may not because the producer also wants it. We used to survive on imported grain once, just over a generation ago.

Don't underestimate the power and control that having every piece of the vaccine production chain within our borders accords us, the power to control both our destinies and that of many other countries. Getting to 100m doses domestically in addition to saving the futures of several nations in under 3 months, is nothing to sneeze at. Mass production is hard. The J&J vaccine had 25 million doses discarded and another 62 million now being checked for contamination. We haven't faced any such thing so far.

If despite all this the only thing you can say is 'no one's gonna remember we were the fastest because we're a bunch of goldfishes', then go do that elsewhere, not on BRF.
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

Daily cases doubled in just 2 weeks. I am afraid that a localized lockdown are going to be needed before this gets under control. That or shutting down things like cinemas and restaurants.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Suraj wrote: Don't underestimate the power and control that having every piece of the vaccine production chain within our borders accords us, the power to control both our destinies and that of many other countries. Getting to 100m doses domestically in addition to saving the futures of several nations in under 3 months, is nothing to sneeze at. Mass production is hard. The J&J vaccine had 25 million doses discarded and another 62 million now being checked for contamination. We haven't faced any such thing so far.

If despite all this the only thing you can say is 'no one's gonna remember we were the fastest because we're a bunch of goldfishes', then go do that elsewhere, not on BRF.
I know very well what's hard and not. But let me repeat again that the public that's not you or me is not going to care about how hard the achievement is. Not everyone prides themselves on the same things and has the same priorities. Neither you nor I run news channels. This would be like I trying to explain submarine warfare and related technology to majority of people and their response would be like whatever. Is anyone from GoI coming on air and explaining this? Majority of citizens don't even know how the supply chains work to make one or distribute one or who's gating the supplies. Forget about knowing or appreciating being able to develope one. My gripe is very simple that at the least GoI should have appreciated BB's achievement and funded them after phase 2.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The public IS you and me and you need to stop rationalizing your behavior here now. Come back in a week.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

1) current variant is affecting children as well 2) people are wearing masks for the sake of wearing masks. all kinds of cloth based masks with fancy patterns are in market so that people can look pretty. the masks that really work are surgical masks, N95 masks. wearing any other mask should be made illegal ( but hard to implement).
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

vera_k wrote:AZ did run into that issue in Europe, but there haven't been any reports of that kind of problem at SII. SII is on the record saying it will be 2024 before most people are vaccinated, so its not like they are falling short.

If a machine can pack 5000 shots per minute, the plant will still need downtime for maintenance, reloading or just shift changes.
he said we are running 3 shifts and doing 5000 pm. downtime for maintenance will not reduce output from 7.2M to 2 / 3 M ?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Is there a reference to this 2-3 million per day production rate from SII ?

Sunday 8pm performance was 2.77 million , cumulatively 104.36 million.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

It would be interesting to see how the second wave has effected medical personnels. Given they are the most vaccinated group, it will a real life proof of the protection offered.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

On Sinovac, the Chinese CDC head admitted that its effectiveness is in low 50%.

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/top-chine ... e-cocktail

The same story from WaPo https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... story.html.

I do not recommend clicking on WaPo. Just providing link to state that the above news has spread with >90% effectiveness.

===

Developing vaccines is hard. Extremely hard. It has to be safe. It has to be effective. Manufacturing it at a large scale is even harder. It is remarkable that India has two effective vaccines manufactured at industrial scale.

And in reality only three countries have demonstrated that they can develop a vaccine (US, former UK via Sweden and India) and only two countries on earth have demonstrated capacity to develop it at mass scale. India and US.

Posters here really need that to sink in. It is akin to Moon landing. US landed there first, followed by India. However India can go to moon often, cheaper and also carry other passengers.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

nam wrote:It would be interesting to see how the second wave has effected medical personnels. Given they are the most vaccinated group, it will a real life proof of the protection offered.
I know one individual , my sister's former colleague, he is 45, no comorbidities and is a doctor he tested covid positive for the second time. The first time he came down with covid was in 2020 and he said it took the wind out of him . He has already taken 2 doses of covishield and he tested positive again last week. He has fully recovered since then and said his symptoms were much milder this time and attributes it to the vaccine. He has strongly advised everyone to take the vaccine , even if it doesn't prevent you from getting the flu, it definitely will reduce the chances of hospitalization and death.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

BLR hit 7.5K cases today as MH crosses 60K. I don't know if any control can be achieved without a lock down. Expect another massive surge the week after this due to effects of Ugadi travel.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

This should set all doubts availability of vaccines to rest.

Next 3 months through this summer will be tough, though.

India to have 5 more COVID vaccines by Oct, Sputnik may get emergency use nod in 10 days
As more and more states flag shortage of COVID-19 vaccine doses, the Central government has pressed the accelerator to scale up vaccine production manifold.

Top government sources told that by end of the third quarter of this year, India will be getting vaccines from five additional manufacturers. India currently manufactures Covishield and Covaxin.

Out of almost 20 COVID-19 vaccines in various clinical and pre-clinical stages, Sputnik V vaccine will get the nod first. It is expected that Sputnik is likely to get the EUA within the next ten days.

When asked from a top-level source when will the vaccines be available for use, he said, "Sputnik is expected to be available latest by June, if all goes well Johnson and Johnson ( Bio E) will be available by August, Cadilla Zydus will also be available by August, Novavex (Serum) by September and Nasal Vaccine (Bharat) by October."

The Government is making all efforts to accelerate the progress without cutting any corners in research, development, and clinical trial stages, the source added.

The government is taking all steps to augment vaccine production and availability in India. A decision has been taken at the highest level to ensure all steps are taken to help domestic manufacturers to scale up vaccine production manifold.

"The Government of India is determined to ensure India remains the pharmacy of the world and Indians have equitable access to the highest quality vaccines in the world. We encourage all COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers to come to India, as the Central Government is ready to provide manufacturing assistance, financial support, and partnership in running and designing clinical trials," sources added.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The immediate way to increase supply is scaling up the current production . The fire on Jan 21 at SII is starting to show its impact now - that was an under construction building that was to have started production in April but is now estimated to take until June to be ready.

By end of April, 160-170 million people out of the 320 million in the >45 age group will get at least one dose. Among this group only about 260-270 million are significant risk because not all above 45 people have comorbidities . These figures are from prior MoHFW data. The original goal was to do 300 million doses by July and that remains on track.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

manjgu wrote:he said we are running 3 shifts and doing 5000 pm. downtime for maintenance will not reduce output from 7.2M to 2 / 3 M ?
Cannot be known without more specifics on how they operate. A lot of manufacturing tends to involve waiting for something or the other, so doesn't surprise me if the output is lower.

What we know is that Parliament was told that SII can make 70-100 million doses/month.

Manufacturing capacity of Covishield 70-100 MM doses per month, Covaxin 150MM doses per year: DBT
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

The rise of variants means that the window for a round of vaccination to be completed might be very short. A very large amount of vaccine testing, production and delivery capacity would be necessary if the virus breaks through new vaccines within 6 months of starting vaccinations.

Covid variant from South Africa was able to ‘break through’ Pfizer vaccine
Last month, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky issued a dire warning, telling reporters that she worried the United States is facing “impending doom” as variants spread and daily Covid-19 cases begin to rebound once again, threatening to send more people to the hospital.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

I want to share some information.
Last Tuesday, I had to travel to a place in coastal part of Raigad district around 200km from Mumbai for my work. I came back on Friday evening. My observations:
Despite restrictions imposed on last Monday all shops were open in all the places, villages along the way and also in and around my destination. And obviously people were not wearing masks. No strict adherence by either people or enforcement by civic authorities and police. They started enforcement by Thursday by shutting non essentials, shops etc but still many people didn't wear masks. On Friday when I came back most of the shops etc. other than medical stores and essentials were closed all along the way. Notable thing was that there was no reduction in traffic on highway. Holi is a very big festival in Konkan. Many people settled in cities like Mumbai, Pune etc. go back to their native places especially for Ganpati festival and Holi. Celebrations start a few days before the day and continue for the next week and more after that. People don't work for at least 10 days . Also, wedding season starts with it. Since entire village is invited, big gatherings for marriage ceremony etc. continued till last week with full vigour and might be still continuing. And all this by giving a damn to corona. This has a background. This area, Shrivardhan taluka was severerly affected by cyclone last year in June along with Roha Taluka. That time people had no choice but had to procure construction materials, grains etc come what may, completely ignoring corona threat in the process. That time it was like a stampede in all bazars for several days. It was an awful situation then despite corona scare. After some days people realized that nothing happened to them and there were very few corona cases reported from the area even after not observing any corona guidelines at all. From then on people over there have been carefree, one may call them careless, even lucky but they've given a damn to corona and they do even now. No masks, nothing. In this second wave also, there has not been a single case reported officially from that Taluka, although I heard murmurs about 10 positive cases from some places in that taluka. I hope these marriage gatherings don't prove to be super spreader events. It'll be known in the next 3 weeks or so. If not, can we say they've achieved herd immunity?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Got my second COVID vaccination along with the family yesterday.

Registration to jab, the wait time was less than two minutes.

was politely advised to wait at their facility for 30 minutes for observation

This was at a BBMP organized facility that had sprung up temporarily after a two day notice

No significant discomfort even after a day post the jab excepting a mild soreness at the vaccination site.

The first jab had resulted in a very mild fever for a few hours post vaccination.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

vera_k wrote:
manjgu wrote:he said we are running 3 shifts and doing 5000 pm. downtime for maintenance will not reduce output from 7.2M to 2 / 3 M ?
Cannot be known without more specifics on how they operate. A lot of manufacturing tends to involve waiting for something or the other, so doesn't surprise me if the output is lower.

What we know is that Parliament was told that SII can make 70-100 million doses/month.

Manufacturing capacity of Covishield 70-100 MM doses per month, Covaxin 150MM doses per year: DBT
5000 pm was said by poonawalla himself.. then some time back there was a news report that SII reducing production ( not related to fire) ..dont know whats going on really.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Deleted WhatsApp garbage
Last edited by Suraj on 12 Apr 2021 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don’t post such nonsense here
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Covid19 now exists in almost every race and sub-race and this allows it to mutate at an astonishing rate. At this rate, any new vaccine might become outdated within 6-9 months.

It takes 15+ months to create a vaccine, undergo all tests and publish reports - start to finish. A bit less for mRNA.

In the absence of anti-virals, we expected vaccines to slow down the strike rate of covid19. Unfortunately, we are all staring down into the abyss now. I hope the govts around the world come up with a radical solution.