Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
rajkumar
BRFite

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus Resource Thread

Post by rajkumar »

Zynda wrote:Amber G., thanks for your replies. IMA also has recommended taking booster shots but not sure how to go about it...I think last time I booked through CoWin. Need to check for availability of nasal vaccine in India...
It will still be through CoWin and according to media reports BB Nasal Vaccine will also be available from next week

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^Thanks. I am glad. (India was the first major country (and still the only major country except China which started it recently) which approved the nasal vaccine. This particular vaccine developed by Indian and US scientists - Wash U - Indian administration and BB have more faith than USA).

Repeating again - get *any* booster which is available and you are eligible -- rather than waiting for a perfect booster - latest data shows that mRNA's bivalent boosters)in US_, and others (in some other countries) taken recently are *very* (much more than we thought/feared) effective against severe covid/hospitalization (especial for senior citizens) even against newer Omicron variants. Yes, there are many cases where a person (vaccinated) gets covid, *but* deaths and hospitalization among recently boosted people is still quite low.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

I think we need another campaign to encourage people to get boosters, many are sceptical. Hopefully Modi ji or someone big takes it in public to spur interest
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

The cure is already here:

‘Jesus eradicated Covid’, claims TS health director
:
:
:The health director has ignited an uproar in the country by claiming that "Jesus eradicated Covid-19" from the country and that the worldwide pandemic had been cured in India through Christianity. He made these comments at a pre-Christmas event held in Bhadradri Kothagudem district. His controversial remarks that “Covid-19 pandemic is under control due to the benevolence ofJesus Christ” come at a time when the omicron strain BF.7 is quickly spreading in China, the United States, Japan, and Brazil, among other places. Further, he went on to say that Christianity contributed a great deal to the development of India.
:
:
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ Of course! :)
Meanwhile a slightly not so good news..
U.S. Life Expectancy Fell to Lowest Level Since 1996
Covid-19 and opioid overdoses contributed to a 5% rise in death rate last year

I also have a few posts in the other thread which may be interesting ...eg viewtopic.php?p=2573254#p2573254
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Why do christians bother to go to physicians?
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Glad that India is doing what it should - In good position ...People should get boosted ASAP and Masks whenever needed..

From Pib.gov.in : Prime Minister chairs high level meeting to review status and preparedness of public health response to Covid-19
PM cautions against complacency, advises for maintaining strict Vigil
PM emphasises the need for strengthened surveillance with focus on genome sequencing and increased testing
States advised to ensure operational readiness of hospital infrastructure
Advises adherence to Covid appropriate behavior including wearing of mask
Stresses on Precaution dose vaccination for elderly and vulnerable population groups
PM appreciates the selfless service of frontline workers and Corona warriors
News in Indian New Papers:

‘Covid isn’t over': At high-level meet, PM Modi calls for ramped up testing, genome sequencing
Chairing a high-level meeting to review the government's Covid-19 preparedness in wake of surge in cases in China, PM Modi called for the need to ensure that the entire infrastructure is at a high level of preparedness
Modi called for the need to ensure that the entire infrastructure is at a high level of preparedness in terms of equipment, processes and human resources, the Prime Minister's Office said in a statement...
......to ramp up testing and also genomic sequencing efforts. The states have been asked to share a large number of samples with the INSACOG genome sequencing laboratories on a daily basis.

During the meeting, a presentation was made on the current global Covid-19 situation. The prime minister was briefed about India witnessing a steady decline in cases. The PM advised the states to audit Covid-specific facilities to ensure operational readiness of hospital infrastructure, including Oxygen Cylinders, PSA plants, ventilators and human resources.

During the meeting, Modi urged people to follow Covid-19 norms at all times especially in view of the festive season. He called for encouraging precautionary doses especially for vulnerable and senior citizens.

The prime minister was informed that there is adequate availability with regard to medicines, vaccines and hospital beds. He advised to regularly monitor availability and prices of essential medicines.

Highlighting the globally appreciated work of the frontline healthcare workers, Modi exhorted them to continue working in the same selfless and dedicated manner, the PMO statement said.

Earlier in the day, health minister Mansukh Mandaviya had informed the Parliament that the states had been asked to carry out genome sequencing of positive samples. The random sampling of international arrivals at airports has started.
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

Is it advisable to take another booster dose? Took one in March 22
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

VKumar wrote:Is it advisable to take another booster dose? Took one in March 22
Yes, if last vax or infection was more than 6 months away. No if either was less than 3 month. If it is 3-6 months then discretionary, but better to wait.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

I am involved with defining COVID testing/guidance for a US national organization. The new Bivalent vax does not fully prevent against COVID, Omicron strains, but the symptoms have been mild if you get infected. This may be in part, because Omicron causes less serious disease, or it may be a benefit of the vax.
Speaking for myself, it makes sense to take the booster, but try to stretch it out for a year from the last dose, e.g. if you have had 2 initial shots (eg Pfizer) followed by a booster. I am concerned that myocarditis is a serious cause of death, there are too many young athletes dying quite suddenly. I lost an apparently healthy friend today to "massive cardiac arrest".

Antibodies have an half life of roughly 1 month, that means that the ab levels tend to go to zero in about 5 months (5 half lives). However, the memory cells remain, so the actual benefit can last longer.

If you have only had the option to take Indian vacc., go ahead and get the bivalent vax (pfizer). Pfizer and Moderna vax are different in terms of the dose of mRNA, Moderna had 3x the mRNA as compared to Pfizer for the same effect (initial shots), the booster bivalent versions, I believe have a 2 x dose differential. I think Pfizer has less potential for harm as compared to Moderna vax, simply because of the smaller dose injected. Anecdotally, Moderna folks have been getting severe reactions to the booster in many cases.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

About boosters ..For individual cases (special circumstances) you may like to consult the doctor.. For US CDC site is at:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... -date.html
But basically for USA (For mRNA boosters) - The advice is:

- Updated bivalent COVID-19 boosters—with added protection against the Omicron variant— everyone age 3 and older
- Updated bivalent Moderna boosters - s age 6 months and older (who've completed their Moderna primary series or received their last booster at least 2 months prior.

- Bivalent Pfizer boosters are available for those age 5+, who have completed their primary series or received their last booster at least 2 months prior.
- Moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals have specific COVID-19 vaccine recommendations. Visit the CDC site or ask your doctor.

My notes: (this is what I share with my family in US - consisting of many doctors) - The delay period initially 6 months - now often recommended as 4 months ( A few doctors advise wait 3 months if you have had covid) - My take - if the previous shot was 4+ months ago - definitely get a Bivalent booster. ( preference different from previous - one but both vaccines are good. Key point vaccine induced immunity fades (starts fading after 4 months rapidly).

The gap is shortening ( 6 months to 4 months to 2-3 months)..

---- For India. (Per Sutra modeling - vaccine induced immunity for both Covidshield and Covaxin wanes with similar time line -- hybrid immunity lasts a lille longer. (This is why many advise to skip/delay if you tested positive ). Again my take if 4+ months, you are eligible, and no good reason not to take it. do it.

If all other things are equal, and if possible - use different from the previous one (Covovax, BB's nasal, mRNA)
(Honestly NO one knows or claims to know the perfect answer so .. always some judgement is involved)

----
I have had 5 shots up till now - 3 Pfizer + Moderna + Bivalent Moderna. All in my family - including children (2 years and up) are fully boosted - (about 50-50 Pfizer and Moderna). I had *absolutely* no side effects but a few in my family did - take a day off and rest/don't go to work etc -)
VKumar wrote:Is it advisable to take another booster dose? Took one in March 22
In short - Definitely! (If you were my family member :)).
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Xpost:
Allow me to share one nicely written thread - consistent with most points I was sharing it - it is little long but very well written. Please share.
(I will xpost this in the other thread too)

- Linkk: https://twitter.com/GKangInd/status/160 ... lf5kdlDhVg
So many calls about China, about what that means for India, about XBB, about 3rd waves, about new mandates, about travel bans, about vaccine boosters- thought best to get views out to summarise the current situation. Long thread, be warne...
As said is long and well-argued thread. Please read it in full.
... Please see the xpost: viewtopic.php?p=2573325#p2573325
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

It seems like 4th dose of vaccine is not being encouraged in India...GoI is still stressing people to take precautionary dose (3rd one) only since the coverage of 3rd dose is still at around 25%...logged in to CoWin and there is no feature to register for 4th dose if one has already taken 3rd one. Many doctors in India are saying 4th is not needed if one has taken 3rd dose, especially since in India all vaccines which are available are not bivalent ones.

Amid renewed Covid scare, do we need fourth vaccine dose? What experts say
Posting in full...
India is on high alert given the surge in cases and deaths due to Covid-19 on China. The Centre held a high-level meeting on Wednesday and stressed the importance of improving vaccine coverage in India.

The uptake of the precautionary dose has been dismal at just 27 per cent in India.

“Appeal to senior citizens to take the precautionary dose,” said Dr VK Paul, member, Health, Niti Aayog today after the meeting.

However, those who have already been administered the boosters are asking if a fourth dose is needed.

Speaking to India Today TV, the former director of AIIMS, Dr Randeep Guleria, stressed the need to only take the third dose. “There is no data to suggest that a fourth dose is needed. Not unless there is a new vaccine which is variant specific like the bivalent vaccine,” Dr Guleria said.

The FDA - Food and Drug Administration describes bivalent vaccines as: “The bivalent Covid-19 vaccines include a component of the original virus strain to provide broad protection against Covid-19 and a component of the Omicron variant to provide better protection against Covid-19 caused by the Omicron variant. These are called bivalent Covid-19 vaccines because they contain these two components.”

A bivalent Covid-19 vaccine may also be referred to as an “updated” Covid-19 vaccine booster dose.

The original Covid-19 vaccines target one strain of the coronavirus, the original SARS-CoV-2 virus from 2019. "Bivalent" Covid-19 vaccines target two strains of the Covid-19 virus, the original strain and an Omicron strain.

At present, no vaccine being used in India is a bivalent vaccine. Outside of India, mRNA vaccines like Pfizer and BioNTech’s Bivalent vaccine and Moderna’s vaccine are being used only from the point of view of boosting.

“The problem with booster doses is their effectiveness is short lived,” Dr Rajeev Jayadevan, member of the Covid Task Force, Kerala told India Today TV.

“The mRNA vaccines, which have been used as a fourth dose in other countries, show the effect wanes rather quickly than the third dose,” he said.

Experts also stressed the need to boost the vulnerable population at the moment.

“We may not require to boost everyone, except those who have weak immunological defences,” said Professor K Srinath Reddy, founder (Past) president and Distinguished Professor of Public Health, PHFI.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

One can find the latest technical details about SUTRA here:
https://arxiv.org/abs/2101.09158

The article was last updated on 25 October 2022.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Late after mRNA Covid vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna), or with booster or breakthrough infections, there is a shift to IgG4 antibodies. This is not seen with adenovirus vector vaccines (like Covidshield). I don't know the The clinical significance ..

Linke: https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciimmunol.ade2798
>>Class switch towards non-inflammatory, spike-specific IgG4 antibodies after repeated SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccination

--- Also just out in Lancet:
Failure of Molnupiravir to reduce Covid hospitalizations or deaths in a very large randomized trial (N>25,000 participants, mean age 57, 99% vaccinated

Molnupiravir plus usual care versus usual care alone as early treatment for adults with COVID-19 at increased risk of adverse outcomes (PANORAMIC): an open-label, platform-adaptive randomised controlled trial
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Speaking from an Indian perspective (since mRNA because it is irrelevant to Indian residents), I'm more puzzled that those who are fully vaccinated (2 doses + booster dose) can't take nasal vaccine booster dose.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/exclusi ... ne-3643181
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ Thanks. This seems to be the case.. At present in India, from what I know, Nasal vaccine is recommended as the first booster... if a person has already received a precaution dose, it is not recommended for that person. It is for those who have not yet taken a precaution dose.

Also, again from what I know, In USA (and other places with mRNA vaccines).. there are 4 or 5 doses (with boosters).. the time between them has generally been reduced from 6+ months to about 3 months. (It seems that - SUTRA data per some people also suggests this - Indian vaccines are
*may be* providing longer immunity so there is not that push to get 4th booster of any kind at present)..

Again these policies may change - Key point is to keep yourself current. One good point is India's Nasal vaccine can be tailored with latest variant so hopefully it may provide better protection.

Meanwhile for both USA and India - major concern - much more that latest China variant - is XBB , In USA (NY etc.. all indications are XBB1.5 is growing in next few weeks. please keep safe.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Sorry for repeating it but I think it is important...

While BF.7 is dominating the news - For US I think it is extremely important (CDC ought to alert) for US to watch XBB 1.5 variant -
This has already established dominance throughout the Northeast—and, with its big growth advantage over BQ.1.1, soon country-wide.

The hybrid immunity at 80% (per Sutra) we in US ought to be very concerned.

(Waste water analysis is also consistent with this). (Wave will/is starting in North- East but it will spread to the whole country)>

Massachusetts age 70+ hospital up but not as much as NY.(is it a lag or a better outcome due to vaccinations)

--Bivalent booster rate in MA among 65+ is much higher MA 56 % - NY 36%)
Please stay safe!
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

For India:

Per latest updte by INSACOG:
- View of COVID19 variants in India, till 26-Dec-2022:

- Majority of the lineage now present is XBB since Oct 2022, prior to that it was BA2.75 (Note that the main variant active in China (BF7) has been in India since July at least. It has not shown any cause for concern in India.
- No signs of BA7 (

Delta wave in 2021 was the worst
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

For friends in USA:

Alert: (Pease be safe - listen to health care experts and keep up to date etc):

- There are precautions for those who have travelled to China - but IMO, travel restrictions are not going to make much difference.
- The variant of concern, IMO, is *not* BF.7 (which has been in USA since August) but XBB1.5 and low immunity in USA. (+ low number of Bivalent boosters).
- XBB.1.5 more than doubled across the United States in 1 week, now ~40%, out-competing all variants

(Not seen such rapid growth of a variant since Omicron BA.1 a year ago. Total US XBB last week = 18% of cases. Northeast now ~75% XBB.1.5. Media (and CDC) ought to make it *important*)

- It is spreading in all US states - much more rapid growth.
Image..

XBB is spreading like the original Omicron did. ..Omicron spread worldwide in 2-4 weeks.
XBB has already had 5 weeks of growth

(So airport closures would do nothing worldwide at this time point - Wish we had much more effective vaccines to these variants - or introduce nasal vaccines and they work as effectively - Unlike India, we are going to see bigger wave here as immunity (as estimated by SUTRA models) is around 80% only here in US compared to 98+% in India)
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^For people age 65+, the bivalent booster linked to >80% protection vs Covid hospitalizations
LInk: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/ ... 715152e2_w
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Tweet From : BharatBiotech
"It will be available at government, as well as, private hospitals and people can book the precautionary dose at CoWin. Bharat Biotech's nasal vaccine could prove to be a big boost to India's vaccination programme"

Nasal Vaccine iNCOVACC® is now available on CoWin.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Working in acute medical area, observing solid new stance against vaccination esp mRNA, many medics are saying they are not labs, will not take any further mRNA shots. almost 100% had 2 (atleast) covid infection by now and everyone had 4 shots of Pfizer. Enthusiasm for vaccine not there like before. They would rather have infection than vaccine.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^I think CDC (or powers to be) ought to be doing *much* better job in keeping people informed and giving advice in clear way..
Meanwhile:
- Boston-area wastewater levels rising fast - (they are already there where they were in early Jan) & MA COVID hospitalizations are at highest since winter Omicron wave... ((> 100 COVID deaths last week for the first time in a long time) --- We have become comfortably numb and many of these are preventable tragedies,

(This is being driven by XBB.1.5, a variant that emerged in NY - and all models are suggesting it is going to spread over the whole USA).
(I will not go but there is no mask mandate for New Years celebration in NY - this is going to be super spreader event)

----
Latest data I am seeing, - bivalent protection vs Covid hospitalization is better than I thought ( For age 65+, > 90% reduction and 2.5-fold lower than without bivalent booster) The data is through November but experts tell us that there is some cross-reactive immunity of BA.5 bivalent vs XBB.1.5 variant..

----
Sutra model Graphs I am running with US parameters .. looks like within next 3-4 weeks we are going to see peaks in other than Norht East reasons .
rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

^^^

Amber-ji, thank you the excellent reporting.

Japan on Wednesday recorded 415 COVID-19 deaths, the highest-ever count for a single day, health ministry data showed.

Any SUTRA model predictions for Japan please?

Thank you
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

rahulm wrote:^^^

Amber-ji, thank you the excellent reporting.

Japan on Wednesday recorded 415 COVID-19 deaths, the highest-ever count for a single day, health ministry data showed.

Any SUTRA model predictions for Japan please?

Thank you
Unlike China, other countries have much better data (and sero-survey)- Other countries of interest (and to check out how good SUTRA''s modeling is ) where numbers are rising are -- Brazil, South Korea, Japan, and US.

Japan situation is serious - Natural immunity at present is around 60% (per SUTRA) or about 40% of the people do not have natural immunity.
South Korea (~25% do not have natural immunity ) and US (~20% do not have natural immunity) the numbers are going to rise. (Compare this to India - where 98+% people have natural immunity).

In Brazil, the rise is due to a more infectious mutant coupled with a few percentage population losing natural immunity ( just like it happened in India a few months ago but numbers are not going to keep rising as the other above countries.

(In few months we will see how good these predictions are )

---
For India - the most prevalent variant (XBB) has been there for 2+ months - time enough for SUTRA to see the impact (and it's transitiveness and parameters) so the confidence that there will not be a wave .

Hope this helps.
Happy New Year.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Morocco becomes first country to ban China arrivals as concerns grow over Covid-19 surge

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/24731 ... d-19-surge
rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

Amber G. wrote:
rahulm wrote:^^^
Hope this helps.
Happy New Year.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Happy new year to you too.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://archive.ph/miwI6#selection-133.5-137.61

Are Vaccines Fueling New Covid Variants?
The virus appears to be evolving in ways that evade immunity.
It isn’t clear that XBB is any more lethal than other variants, but its mutations enable it to evade antibodies from prior infection and vaccines as well as existing monoclonal antibody treatments. Growing evidence also suggests that repeated vaccinations may make people more susceptible to XBB and could be fueling the virus’s rapid evolution.
Prior to Omicron’s emergence in November 2021, there were only four variants of concern: Alpha, Beta, Delta and Gamma. Only Alpha and Delta caused surges of infections globally. But Omicron has begotten numerous descendents, many of which have popped up in different regions of the world curiously bearing some of the same mutations.
“Such rapid and simultaneous emergence of multiple variants with enormous growth advantages is unprecedented,” a Dec. 19 study in the journal Nature notes. Under selective evolutionary pressures, the virus appears to have developed mutations that enable it to transmit more easily and escape antibodies elicited by vaccines and prior infection.
The same study posits that immune imprinting may be contributing to the viral evolution. Vaccines do a good job of training the immune system to remember and knock out the original Wuhan variant. But when new and markedly different strains come along, the immune system responds less effectively.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Recent articles in Nature:

>>Comparative effectiveness of Pfizer vs Moderna booster shot in US Delta and Omicron waves
(Significant less symptomatic infections and hospitalizations among those treated with Moderna)
Comparative effectiveness of third doses of mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines in US veterans

---
Covid vaccines do reduce Omicron transmission ..., but the impact is ~20-30%
Infectiousness of SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infections and reinfections during the Omicron wave
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://www.science.org/content/article ... -reactions

Suspicions grow that nanoparticles in Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine trigger rare allergic reactions
Life-threatening responses seen in at least eight people could be linked to polyethylene glycol, known to trigger reactions to some drugs
(this is same substance Indian companies have been accused of putting in cough syrup resulting in death of children in Ghana etc)
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Race to madness! Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine authorised for use in infants and children aged 6 months to 4 years by UK govt

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pfiz ... to-4-years
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Polyethylene glycol is a commonly used pharmaceutical when used ingested.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

U.S. COVID update (BNO feed):

- New cases: 195,985
- Average: 69,163 (+9,153)
- States reporting: 29/50
- In hospital: 47,858 (+8,260)
- In ICU: 5,949 (+1,265)
- New deaths: 1,227
- Average: 417 (+53)
India cases remains normal.

Per WHO XBB115 “Detected in 29 countries—the most transmissible sub variant which has been detected yet. We are worried about it’s growth advantage… rapidly replacing circulating variant. We expect further waves around ...(Link: video
---
What I was posting for last few days, is now becoming a main-stream news..

Please stay safe
(It is indeed the worst variant circulating - infectious, immune escape and good at infecting cells.... And it will cause waves in some parts of the world).
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^Not being overplayed, IMO, its easily the strongest variant seen since Omicron.
( Strong ace binding AND huge immune escape)
And the numbers look serious:
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Some of my family members, due to a family emergency, are flying to India (from US)..I have advised them to be *very* diligent about Masking etc while traveling in *any* plane. Assume that virus is airborne...
Per this:Coronavirus found in samples from 96% of flights this is a very real concern.
analyzed wastewater samples from 29 flights .. found the coronavirus in 28 of them.. Testing on the 29th sample has not yet been completed
We have to assume this for every flight around now ( while pandemic still raging) . 96% of flights positive for COVID in toilet wastewater is a lot.. and this implies this is in air too. Please MaskUp while traveling.
(Numbers in US continue to rise)
Last edited by Amber G. on 05 Jan 2023 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

For USA (and India) - for those who may not like mRNA vaccines, now there is a choice of Novavax ( In India Covavax) which is available -and is approved for 12+ years and some are using this as a booster too.(FDA approved).. see CDC guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... n:PTN:FY22
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

naraswami wrote:
IndraD wrote:https://www.science.org/content/article ... -reactions

Suspicions grow that nanoparticles in Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine trigger rare allergic reactions
Life-threatening responses seen in at least eight people could be linked to polyethylene glycol, known to trigger reactions to some drugs
(this is same substance Indian companies have been accused of putting in cough syrup resulting in death of children in Ghana etc)

Careful IndraD.... at the very least you are in-advertantly confusing PEG (polyethylene glycol) which as has been pointed out is commonly used in pharma with the much more significantly toxic industrial chemicals DEG (di-ethylene glycol) or even EG, that have been linked to the cough syrup issues you bring up.

https://www.drugs.com/inactive/polyethy ... 0lubricant.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_cough_syrup

No-need to fall prey to, or spread further anti-vaccine conspiracy theories, right ?
confuse when you can't convince?
Even if PEG vs EG vs DEG (?) issue is not sorted
I have quoted article only from SCIENCE which alleges pfizer has a substance which induces allergic reaction which could be dangerous. Why not address that (and who is stopping whom from getting nth shot)? But more infromation on vaccine is available and it is legit to bring them to light
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Surveillance of COVID-19 vaccine safety among elderly persons aged 65 years and older

This early warning system is the first to identify temporal associations for PE, AMI, DIC, and ITP following BNT162b2 (Pfizer) vaccination in the elderly.

Because an early warning system does not prove that the vaccines cause these outcomes, more robust epidemiologic studies with adjustment for confounding, including age and nursing home residency, are underway to further evaluate these signals. FDA strongly believes the potential benefits of COVID-19 vaccination outweigh the potential risks of COVID-19 infection

interestingly stats does include cases of appendicitis, on surgical forum during pandemic one common observation was many acute abdomen cases preseting in high numbers in A&E

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 0X22014931
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

IndraD, Naraswami and others - Sharing Science.org articles which I found interesting ..
Vaccination with Span, an antigen guided by SARS-CoV-2 S protein evolution, protects against challenge with viral variants in mice
Our results highlight the importance and feasibility of a universal vaccine to fight against SARS-CoV-2 antigenic drift.
Also: a nice article about XBB15 ( , acquired a critical double mutation that maintains high level of immune escape while increasing infectivity etc..)
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 3.522427v1