Social Media Watch Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Re: Social Media Watch Thread

Post by Cyrano »

Musk appears to be an unpredictable wild card. A bit like Trump. Any benefit to Indian interests will be serendipity. We need to play it as it comes.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote:Musk appears to be an unpredictable wild card. A bit like Trump. Any benefit to Indian interests will be serendipity. We need to play it as it comes.
musk ignoring India and not poking his nose into our affairs is a huge benefit by itself
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

He tried selling Chinese made maal in India and was told to f off. He's ok with that. He is getting highQ Indian talent to work for him and that's enough for now. I don't think he really cares about India as a mfg hub or as a market right now. Shrewd Gadkari is not overawed by Tesla's tech either. So let's see...
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

KL Dubey wrote:Use AI to understand and then manipulate behavior on a mass scale...
People are understanding what the AIs (or more accurately the trainers of these AIs) are up to. My prediction is that Twitter will be a vastly different company/platform than what it is today in a year or maybe two. What is the USP of Twitter for aam aadmi?

1. Whatsapp - A cheap way of communicating
2. Facebook - Keep in touch with friends and family
3. Instagram - Insta gratification
4. YouTube - Entertainment
5. Google - Search
6. Amazon - Ease of finding merchandise
7. Linked-In - Profesional networking
8. Twitter - political activism (who wants it other than the extreme left and the extreme right?)

What is Twitter's reach into Indian public, especially the non-English speaking folks who are the majority and will remain to be a majority? I am not saying that we discount Twitter completely but in Indian context they have far less power to sway voters' opinions one way or the other.

It is very different in the US. But then that is changing too. The most important vote bank, the 18-30 age group, cares nothing for Twitter. All of them are on Amzon Prime, Netflix, or some entertainment channels plus Instagram.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

Cyrano wrote:He tried selling Chinese made maal in India and was told to f off. He's ok with that. He is getting highQ Indian talent to work for him and that's enough for now. I don't think he really cares about India as a mfg hub or as a market right now. Shrewd Gadkari is not overawed by Tesla's tech either. So let's see...
My take on the entire BEV is that unless new chemistry is come up with cheap abundant materials, And China controls rare earth, I think BEV will be another fad.

India investing in Green hydrogen is the way to go even with 30-minute recharge, my gut says Hydrogen is the better option.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Muslims 'ruled India for 1000 years' but never used bulldozers.

sumsumne
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sumsumne »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... mpaign.htm

Clinton and Obama staffers and European governments are behind anti-Musk campaign to force big corporations to boycott Twitter - after Elon demanded to know 'who funds these organizations?'
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

chetak wrote:Muslims 'ruled India for 1000 years' but never used bulldozers.

There are hundreds. like this in Rajasthan. Nobody can touch as these destroyed temples are property of Puratava Vibhag. You do not have to try to find them. Stop near any descent size village and you will find one. Sad to see these khandit Mandirs with Shiva-Linga and statues of deities lying upside on the ground. I see strange silent faces of visitors who show no emotions. This part is completely ignored by authorities,tourism, departments or . We do not have a simple database.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

rsingh wrote:
There are hundreds. like this in Rajasthan. Nobody can touch as these destroyed temples are property of Puratava Vibhag. You do not have to try to find them. Stop near any descent size village and you will find one. Sad to see these khandit Mandirs with Shiva-Linga and statues of deities lying upside on the ground. I see strange silent faces of visitors who show no emotions. This part is completely ignored by authorities,tourism, departments or . We do not have a simple database.
I am very interested in creating this said database
will even fund any youngsters who want to go on a bike, click a pic and note the GPS/lat long locations to store in the DB

heck I can whip that up within a few days. please let me know if there are any takers to find ppl to do this work.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

too much of "fasting" by the woke press has affected their journalistic mental health and psychiatric well being

bet the same moron authored both the tweets and the articles

an unrestrained and continuous liquid diet of the potent local tarra and the frequent inhaling of superior quality, afghan sourced "pharmaceuticals" will do this for sure.

Crystal clear hypocrisy....

rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

bharathp wrote:
rsingh wrote:
will even fund any youngsters who want to go on a bike, click a pic and note the GPS/lat long locations to store in the DB

heck I can whip that up within a few days. please let me know if there are any takers to find ppl to do this work.
Good . I suggest you start contacting with "Shubh Yatra" vlog guy. He has covered few sites in his travel vlogs. Hope a summer project can be organised for students. Or just use the media and bring volunteers together. Information gathering method has to be standardised like GPS,Arial view, local stories and researched material, Details about statues
up to you/ God bless you. I am in Brusselabad. I have time. I do not use Facebook or such platforms. Let me know if I there is some thing can be done.
Last edited by rsingh on 06 May 2022 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

bharathp wrote:
rsingh wrote:

Sir, i would like to suggest you upload a few photos and put the request on Instagram and Twitter, creating hashtags and the like. Tag a few young travel bloggers and location experts/guides. You will get good traction there. Might become a small movement of its own...

I have seen some examples like 'Reclaim our Temples/ Save Lost Temples' growing

Will help build the database

Edit - just saw RSingh's post. +1
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

@rsingh ji, @manishji - I dont use fb or insta.. I work in data collection/data storage space (since 10 years now).
would it be possible to connect with you guys so I can get some help? I ll set up the standardized collection framework and maybe you can help getting folks to input the data?
let me know if you folks are online sometime this weekend to share contacts.. I really want to get this done.. I one discussed with J Sai deepak on linkedin on this project ( a few years ago) and he wanted to get in as well but it feel through due to other committments.
this will give him fuel to show case all "live" and "damaged" temples to work towards freeing temples from the govt control
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Bharatp ji, I am a casual user (observer would be more accurate) of Twitter. My suggestion was that you are more likely to get the kind of support and resources you want on those platforms.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Bharatp Ji:

Great idea. This is long overdue. May I also suggest confirming Shri Sitaram Ji Goel's list in his two books - Hindu Temples and What Happened to Them? He mentions most of the bigger temples that are well known to have been converted to mosques.

I think alongside the project of abandoned temples, perhaps the fate of the well-known temples that are now mosques should be highlighted once again in the public's consciousness. The time is right.

The two books are easily available on the web.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

WA

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Lisa wrote:also,

We only censor the Right but not the Left, nobody liked capitalist Musk taking over’: Twitter engineer admits in viral video

https://www.opindia.com/2022/05/twitter ... the-right/

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TexDrY6AlAw

P.S. If not the correct thread, please delete.

X posting from the political thread.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Pratyush wrote:
Lisa wrote:also,

We only censor the Right but not the Left, nobody liked capitalist Musk taking over’: Twitter engineer admits in viral video

https://www.opindia.com/2022/05/twitter ... the-right/

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TexDrY6AlAw

P.S. If not the correct thread, please delete.

X posting from the political thread.

Nothing here is unknown. Siru Murugesan just confirmed.

Basically if you need to survive int he company, you have to become a COMMIE scum. They work only 4 hours a week. Lot of them take off for mental issues. Only mental guys work there I guess.

According to Parag 20% accounts are fake. Most are fake and they are conning investors and having a free ride.

Justice Dept has to investigate and see if they are breaking laws. If so, need to charged. Won't happen under Democrats.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

DogeDesigner @cb_doge
Elon Musk's epic reaction to Twitter claiming that the number of real unique humans that you see making comments on a daily base is above 95%.
@elonmusk
https://twitter.com/cb_doge/status/1526 ... CtFcNaQuGw
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Another Twitter employee caught in an unguarded moment. These guys don't seem to have any survival instincts at all.

Twitter Exec Mocking People With Asperger's
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

More of these videos will help the attorneys representing folks like Wokeflix and Bharadwaj to win to reinstate their Twitter accounts.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

some shapes that the woke investing community should know

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Request for help. For a veteran, by a veteran (Shri Vikas Manhas)

The mobile number of the veteran Shri Jithu R is 9048539457
(for easy transfer to account via mobile/UPI)

Link on twitter - Link
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manish_P wrote:Request for help. For a veteran, by a veteran (Shri Vikas Manhas)

[img]https://i.ibb.co/9WnnSCg/help.jpg[img]

The mobile number of the veteran Shri Jithu R is 9048539457
(for easy transfer to account via mobile/UPI)

Link on twitter - Link
they are looking for money to buy a kidney.

why not give the account number of the beneficiary directly and why is the money being "routed" through the account phone of an intermediary

even world vision has taken to putting out similar appeals in newspaper ads.

Check yesterday's and today's toilet paper

BTW, all medical expenses will be likely be borne by the govt/army medical scheme for retired personnel but hospitals will not source the kidney unless some brain dead donor's kin or the patient's own relatives are willing to donate the organ.

In many hospitals, an account is usually opened by the hospital in the name of the patient and money is sent to only that account and all accruals are used only for that specific patient's treatment.

purchase of a kidney is illegal and has ethical aspects attached to it and as usual, middlemen take a huge bite out of the transaction, often to the extent of 60-70%
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

chetak wrote: why not give the account number of the beneficiary directly and why is the money being "routed" through the account phone of an intermediary
Both details are given.

I posted as the source Sh. Vikas Manhas is a highly respected veteran.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

via WA

उत्तर प्रदेश में जलेबी तक सीधी हो गई बाक़ी लोगों का क्या हाल होगा

rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: made my day
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I’m impressed, baki is spelled with a diacritical mark denoting its pronunciation as the correct baqi.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/tech/twi ... index.html
Twitter has agreed to pay $150 million in fines after the US government sued the social media company on Wednesday, alleging that it misled consumers about how it protects their personal data.
Maybe I am reading too much into it...maybe this is a warning shot from current establishment to new ownership?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

The chetan fellow has suggested Mosple or something like that. I think his name came from Chuti@ and charlatan. Can he verify that?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Harsh Madhusudan
@harshmadhusudan
The local storage requirements in India’s proposed Personal Data Protection Bill could make it “difficult” for Facebook’s parent Meta to provide its services in the country, a top executive said.

https://indianexpress.com/article/busin ... 8562/lite/
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

There's a real toxic anti-Indian, anti-Hindu lunatic, CJ Werleman, spewing venomous messages on Twitter. Is it worth responding to him, or would that merely feed his appetite for more? And encourage others, as well as Twitter itself? It's really awful.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

One of the many ISPR hired guys, he's been at it for few years now, an Australian from what i remember. And no, it is not worth your time responding to him because he is paid to do what he is doing.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

^
Thank you. I suspected as much. The messages are so one sided and rabid against one group and in favour of another, trying to take them apart would be fruitless and time wasting. And give him publicity, and probably some perverse joy.