Social Media Watch Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Kati
BRFite

Re: Social Media Watch Thread

Post by Kati »

Brazil justice orders investigations into Google and Telegram's actions

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/ ... 023-05-12/
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The Delhi government spent almost Rs 1.5 crore a day in the print and electronic media showing Kejriwal’s beaming visage.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

BJP supported mullah who became the waqf board chief backstabs them and supports the congis

and he is demanding that all ATM ministries, as well as, the deputy CM's post, is to be handed over on a platter to the abrahamics

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

WA forward

The difference....

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

I love me some Sham Sharma :twisted:

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

She should run and hide.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Shortest Indian Love Story.

Imagevia@Sidha_memer
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

You mean they rationalised their syllabus? For whatever pedagogical reasons.

Oh Lordy! Dawkins is a bigger, pompous Eurocentric buffoon than he appears.

To make a career out of atheism is only possible in Europe.

The Hindus and Jains as well as buddhists did that and forgot about it 25 centuries ago.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I have just been informed by the buffoon union that I might have meant a$$holery. I apologise for the oversight. The charter of fools adds that, yes, he opened his mouth and established his credentials winning him free extension of membership.

My science fraternity frown upon such sloppy research and have expressed happiness that he has not done biology in decades.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I'm a long time Dawkins fan. He has written superbly on a bunch of biology related topics, entering around evolution and genetics that anyone with some basic fundamentals in science all the way to PhDs can read and appreciate. His books were written over decades and these topics evolved during that time. There can be criticism of how work or rather how he explains things but by and large he is very correct in his books. He is a kattar rationalist, and has been equally critical of all "faith" based religious systems be it Christianity or Islam.

I suspect he has very poor knowledge of Hinduism and contemporary India, and has lumped it with islamic fundamentalism and shortcut equated it with "Modi and BJP hindu nationalist right wing fundamentalist" rhetoric that keeps getting churned out day and night from British media. For this one time, I'll attribute his statement to ignorance and laziness than to malice.

Now coming to the real issue: Going by Arnab's snippet above, it appears NCERT has definitely "moved" the concepts of evolution and periodic table of elements to 10+2 level, which means if you go to any non-science stream you would not be taught these 2 subjects. Covid period concession is itself barely defensible. We need to focus more on STEM subjects from middle school level itself, not less. The west has done this dilution and their STEM enrolments are dropping precipitously and flat earth type pseudo sciences are gaining ground there.

India is not immune to such muddled thinking, actually we are quite susceptible to pseudo-science BS. Anyone remember the "herbal petrol" story from a few years ago? How much BS do people get all the time on WhatsApp?

I for one will be very happy if NCERT revises syllabus to include more science concepts from a younger age, with latest learning tools, gamification etc. and of course bring back evolution and periodic table to on or before class X so that everyone gets good basic grounding before going to other streams.

BTW, don't let Dawkins or anyone else tell you that evolution is a purely western imagined concept - just look at the order in which the Dashavataras appear and you will know that ancient Indian sages understood a lot more than anyone else of that era.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Let us not conflate science achievements with being a rational human being. Shockley’s racism did not preclude him from inventing the transistor. Nor did Watson’s view of blacks mitigate the importance of the double helix.

Dawkins describes himself as a cultural Christian. It is we who are left to believe that includes ecclesiastical music and architecture but exclude the global genocides visited upon the Earth. He finds Christian hymns pleasant in contrast to the Arabic call to prayer. Could it be it’s because he was reared in that milieu? And that there is nothing intrinsic that is superior.

It is much like the 19th century belief that the classical orchestra was evidence of the western man’s intellectual primacy. Only now we can question if it was all a fraud. Actually Debussy began the process a hundred years ago.

The sequence of the dasavatara has been previously noted in these pages. By my self and probably many others.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Dawkins is a good science communicator in the fields he addresses. Beyond that he consistently takes the position of an atheist. Of course he would be influenced by the Christian culture of the society he was born and lived in. Does it make him a racist ? Not necessarily. He has recently been criticised, his earlier award for something revoked etc for not subscribing to the woke gender fluid narrative as well. I generally do see him make an effort to be factual, consistent and sincere.

BUT, in the case of the present tweet he has definitely made a mistake. He has been lazy and ignorant. What he has demonstrated amply with the tweet is "Christian culture" of intolerance and self bestowed right to judgement. I'm disappointed coz I expected better from someone whose science works I liked very much.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Again it is not about racism but cultural relativism.

Some consider opera the apogee of human cultural achievement.

Most find it repellant. One needs to be on guard for one’s personal biases.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Agree.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I will ask two of my female relatives. The most recent victim is in Jammu and Kashmir.

Why target Brahmin women? Not that any caste, Dalit, religion should be the beneficiary of such attentions?

I hope they don’t think somehow Brahmin women are superior to their own?
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

^^^ Love Jihad is an acceptable word, but the true intent is Sexual Jihad. That is why after a year or so many Hindu women end up in freezers :/
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

In the first episode of his return to media reporting, Tucker Carlson asserts that Ukraine is behind the dam destruction, and also claims that the US govt has been exposed in efforts to cover up evidence of UFOs

Okay, I can believe the Ukraine dam thing, but I'm having trouble swallowing the UFO stuff
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Please check out UFO footage recorded by US Navy f-18. It has been officially released by the US Navy few years back.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Thakur_B wrote:Please check out UFO footage recorded by US Navy f-18. It has been officially released by the US Navy few years back.
Yes, apparently, that past footage was released due to the previous efforts of the person who is now demanding a full-on investigation of even graver allegations that US govt is secretly holding wreckage of alien spacecraft. So that's what the latest furor is about.

la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

Was this posted here? Is this the correct thread? Or, should this be somewhere else?

Barkha Dutt's 'The Mojo Story' YouTube account hacked, lost content restored

A few hours back, when Burqa Bibi's content was lost to hackers, I felt a mixture of satisfaction & happiness :twisted:
... I woke up to find @themojostory channel content all deleted by the hackers - four years of blood, toil, sweat, tears, 11 thousand videos, COVID work of 3 years, all gone. I am heartbroken,” Dutt had tweeted on Monday morning, tagging Neal Mohan, YouTube’s Indian-origin CEO.
Oh well, the content was restored. Happy to know that somebody worked on her account. Better luck next time :)
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status ... 7275346949
BREAKING: Instagram algorithm exposed promoting pedophile networks in massive investigation, video sales, ‘preteensex’ menus, in-person meetups with underage boys and girls, using emojis such as a map and cheese pizza - WSJ

Use this information to setup an investigation into all Social Media companies in India. Weaponize this information to ban/put limits, intimidate and cut them to size
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

sanjaykumar wrote:Why target Brahmin women? ...
I hope they don’t think somehow Brahmin women are superior to their own?

Because brahmin women come from what was historically seen as the intellectual elite section of Hindu society ie the brahmin community. Going after the elite (therefore usually hard to get) sections of a society to be conquered gives will destabilise the elite and will make the conversion of the rest easier. And of course there is the perverse delight of defiling and destroying what is considered as chaste which has always been the foundation of this desert cult.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I was being disingenuous.

Certainly Brahmin women in panjab are of an entirely different race. Different from jats.

They can often be strikingly beautiful.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

la.khan wrote:Was this posted here? Is this the correct thread? Or, should this be somewhere else?

Barkha Dutt's 'The Mojo Story' YouTube account hacked, lost content restored

A few hours back, when Burqa Bibi's content was lost to hackers, I felt a mixture of satisfaction & happiness :twisted:
... I woke up to find @themojostory channel content all deleted by the hackers - four years of blood, toil, sweat, tears, 11 thousand videos, COVID work of 3 years, all gone. I am heartbroken,” Dutt had tweeted on Monday morning, tagging Neal Mohan, YouTube’s Indian-origin CEO.
Oh well, the content was restored. Happy to know that somebody worked on her account. Better luck next time :)
la.khan ji,

There was never any loss of data or hacking....

she is trying to rejuvenate her image and that of her failing media outreach because karma seems to have caught up with her

This was a very obvious victim card, played by a desperate and decaying erstwhile congi house ni**er and doomed diva and now a dying and done for duck.

she is one of the venomous many, who were collaterally damaged by their congi funded BIF antics during godra....

truly a "maut ka saudagar"
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

MP elections

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

when jack on crack opened his gora hole and accused the Modi govt of threatening twitter, the congis got all excited

die-nast with limp wristed jack on crack

Jack Dorsey, former Twitter CEO alleges that during the farmer protest Indian govt pressurized us(Twitter) and said we will shut down Twitter in India, raid the homes of your employees if you don’t listen to us.
@INCIndia
तानाशाह एक डरपोक आदमी होता है.

and the response was prompt

Meanwhile, Indira Gandhi: Aao kabhi haveli pe.

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

^ Chetak sir, be that as it may, can't milk the 'emergency' for much longer

It's been nearly 5 decades and now almost 2-3 generations of voters have no real connect/recall of it

She is also grudgingly acknowledged as the PM who split Pak in two

Need to highlight more recent mess-ups... there are more than enough
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manish_P wrote:^ Chetak sir, be that as it may, can't milk the 'emergency' for much longer

It's been nearly 5 decades and now almost 2-3 generations of voters have no real connect/recall of it

She is also grudgingly acknowledged as the PM who split Pak in two

Need to highlight more recent mess-ups... there are more than enough
with the congis and their BIF backers, we need to fight fire with fire, Manish ji.

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

chetak wrote:...
with the congis and their BIF backers, we need to fight fire with fire, Manish ji.
I know and agree, sir.

All i am saying is the fire should be stoked with coals recently mined and having a high calorific value..not from the ashes of the past long gone..
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manish_P wrote:
chetak wrote:...
I know and agree, sir.

All i am saying is the fire should be stoked with coals recently mined and having a high calorific value..not from the ashes of the past long gone..
Makes sense, saar.