Social Media Watch Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Re: Social Media Watch Thread

Post by Cyrano »

and this Werleman never gets suspended or banned eh?!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

WA

Yogi Ji will demolish houses of stone pelters.

Modi Ji will rebuild them under PM Awas Yojana
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

URGENT

India/Hindus have ONE USCIRF commissioner on our side. You may not expect it, but he is the Reverend Jonny Moore (confirmed from well-placed sources).

He has tweeted in support of Hindus and against calls for Hindu Genocide by maulvis of the Al-Aqsa Mosque. Hinduphobes are howling in fury at the stand he has taken.

https://twitter.com/johnniem/status/153 ... B23MML0Edg

IF YOU ARE ON TWITTER, PLEASE SUPPORT HIM BY AMPLIFYING HIS TWEET (RETWEETING AND LIKING). At least the allies we have, we should turn out en masse and back them to the hilt.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Rudradev wrote:URGENT

India/Hindus have ONE USCIRF commissioner on our side. You may not expect it, but he is the Reverend Jonny Moore (confirmed from well-placed sources).

He has tweeted in support of Hindus and against calls for Hindu Genocide by maulvis of the Al-Aqsa Mosque. Hinduphobes are howling in fury at the stand he has taken.

https://twitter.com/johnniem/status/153 ... B23MML0Edg

IF YOU ARE ON TWITTER, PLEASE SUPPORT HIM BY AMPLIFYING HIS TWEET (RETWEETING AND LIKING). At least the allies we have, we should turn out en masse and back them to the hilt.

On those lines:

Please like & retweet:

https://twitter.com/indumathi37/status/ ... gr7hRL4X5w

Please follow Dr. Indu Viswanathan.

Please encourage all mujahids to do the same.
LokeshC
BRFite

Post by LokeshC »

Folks,

I have been on lurk mode forever, but I have some important news. Shiv saar has been suspended from Teetar. His id is @bennedose.

I think we should at least show some protest and try to get his handle activated again.

I am trying to reach him offline and will update back here with more details.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Suspended permanently? No surprise. Same thing happened to my handle @Indosphere in 2019. Went through the appeals process, but no use.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

LokeshC wrote:Folks,

I have been on lurk mode forever, but I have some important news. Shiv saar has been suspended from Teetar. His id is @bennedose.

I think we should at least show some protest and try to get his handle activated again.

it would be easier if we could get some big handle like AR or Shefali vaidya to support him, in past i have seen him getting RT by Rahul Roshan.
Will he or op India team / Nupur help?
Harpreet / Kesari dwaj have better following and can help .
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

LokeshC wrote:Folks,

Did they give any reasons? to Shiv or it is just one of those things they periodically do to some handles? Harpreet is being shadow-banned, AFAIK.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Folks,

This whole method of "getting other Twitter users to support the restoration of a suspended user by popular demand" never works. Ever.

Twitter is not a government that will have to seek your votes in future. They are not a service that people pay for. And as a monopoly, they have no real competition in their space of social media.

They have no accountability at all to you, or to any number of ordinary Twitter users. And you have no power to demand fairness from them.

Twitter's Woke moderators, many of whom regard Moslem sentiments as absolutely sacrosanct, and many of whom are totally convinced of the narrative of "Hindutva Fascist oppression", are the SOLE authority sitting in judgement over all its users. As judge, jury, and executioner.

The ONLY way... trust me, I know this to be true... the ONLY way a permanently suspended account gets restored is if the Government gets involved. That is the only authority they might bow to. So if you want to help Dr Shiv, you need to get the IT ministry to exert pressure.

Otherwise, no chance.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

I don't know how to post a tweet, can somebody please help.

https://twitter.com/ARanganathan72/stat ... 0307867648
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

I HAVE RETURNED TO TWITTER

@Doreswami108

BRF-ites on Twitter, please follow me so I can follow your handles in turn.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Half of Twitter accounts I follow are coming up as nothing to look here. Very high valued ones- including Jem, shiv was banned maybe a week ago.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

A nob pooch :
Apart from targeted ads/ policing your posts/banning etc, at these social media sites a tool in the hands of Western intelligence services(probably more with the Chinese and Russkies)??
A friend of mine (who is a Kurdish guy) recently mentioned something about a app used by joggers/runners(both professional and hobbyist) was used by Eyeranians to target an Israeli Nuclear Scientist!!
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Ban is at 100% now. I follow 51 handles. Rohit vats also banned. Mandar Mohan, all defense handles etc.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

fanne wrote:Ban is at 100% now. I follow 51 handles. Rohit vats also banned. Mandar Mohan, all defense handles etc.
? I can see posts of Rohit Vats
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I cannot unless I am being banned…
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

They are all slowly coming back. When it was banned, I confirmed with one another person and he also confirmed it was not showing up. These are all very popular nationalist handles. Dry run for something or maybe related to some rajasthan govt dictate on the unfortunate event.

Some of these posters are missing their latest tweets.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I hope she didn’t do pranam after hearing namaz and turning Muslims, on her road to Damascus.

I don’t lose my head over religion.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Heard X'Mas Carol on Radio and she became a Catholic? Which group of Catholics? Roman? Latin? Are'nt Jacobites, Greek Orthodox, Protestants, Mar-Thomites, Caldean Syrians etc X'ians? :lol:. If this tweet gets circulated in Kerala/Malayalam social media all hell would break lose :lol:.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Twitter pursues judicial review of Indian content takedown orders https://www.reuters.com/world/india/twi ... 022-07-05/
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

IndraD wrote:Twitter pursues judicial review of Indian content takedown orders https://www.reuters.com/world/india/twi ... 022-07-05/
KOO improved dramatically. Now translate feature is there.

We officially need to move all official Govt. accounts and promote it. We need to ban these sickos
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

chetak wrote:Image
:rotfl:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Keep this name in mind: Australian Strategic Policy Institute

Meanwhile, Twitter has hired a lot of FBI and CIA personnel.

30 minutes long audio on YT, Jul 5, 2022:

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

NRao wrote:Keep this name in mind: Australian Strategic Policy Institute

Meanwhile, Twitter has hired a lot of FBI and CIA personnel.

30 minutes long audio on YT, Jul 5, 2022:

100% true. Even CIA folks are embedded in every newspaper
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Science Project Alert.

Meta Data Analysis of Telegram Channels to understand how the RUS-UKR conflict has been panning out.
Been following the RUS-UKR conflict from afar. With work being hectic and amid the confusion of battle and my limited understanding of military affairs, I have been unable to understand what exactly has been happening. With free time on my hand over the last long weekend, did an experiment of sorts trying to understand from the flow of information put out by two TG groups, on what's been happening.

Without going into individual data, but trying to pinpoint weeks of hectic activity, tried to understand the peaks, throughs, and IMVHO the moment went UKR realized that the have lost the game.

Sharing here. Maybe can come in handy when we try and analyze how information is being used in India. A starting point maybe.
The key investigation was how Meta data correlates to actual happenings on ground. Intel Slava is a Russian news Aggregator with over 400K followers and is supposed to be funded by Putin, Russian ministry of defence, FSB, GRU and SVR. Ukraine Today is a smaller channel with about 31K followers. Funding is unclear but seems to have sprung up spontaneously on people's inititiative. Maybe posters are ordinary people or sleected people.

Both groups have been popular among expatriate populations of both countries.

While chats, videos and photo's are all present, extracting post information from videos on Ukraine Today was difficult. Hence posting of photo's have been used to measure the intensity of information being put out.

Intel Slave has been around for longer and their post history is given below:

Since the war started, the activity has increased. Plotted together there are startling patterns on the absolute number of photo posts done:

Almost as if each group has been fighting the social war in tango. One leads, another slows down. Till the point when the UKR group kind of goes silent around 10th June 2022.

Plotted as %age of activity during this time, since the resources in each group are different, the graph is starker.

Period Group in Ascendant Events in Real World
  1. Week 10 to Week 11 (27th Feb to 12th Mar) UKR Fully 1/6th of all UKR posts in this 20 week period done here. This is the phase when the invasion started, and Social Media was replete with examples of a tractor driver stealing a BMP, a 'бабушка' giving laxatives to RUS Soldiers. High enthusiasm cheering posts.
    2nd Mar is interesting. For first time UKR claimed to have gone on offensive in Horilivka. Kharkiv paratrooper attack. Kherson captured by RUS. It's almost as if UKR was cheering on their troop attacks
    7th and 8th Mar- Again Interesting as UKR side continued to pump out photos. Mariupol evacuation
  2. Week 13 to 14: 20th Mar to 2nd Apr RUS UKR groups tend to become silent. Specially after 28 Mar. Talks happening in Istanbul. RUS is de-escalation around Kyiv and Chernihiv to focus around Donbass
  3. Week 15 end through Week 18 (3 Apr to 30 Apr) UKR+ RUS 15% of UKR posts. In Week 15, it's concetrated around Bucha massacre, but otherwise a quiet week.
    Things start heating up from Week 16 (13 to 15 Apr) Moskva sunk. It's as if the UKR side has come back to life and there is a fightback from RUS groups
    Week 17 (17 Apr to 24 Apr)- Donbass offensive and Mariupol is taken by RUS. UKR starts to flag, and increased activty in RUS Groups
    Week 18 (24 to 30 Apr)- Azovstal Steelworks attacked. UKR groups posting on visit of Blinken and Austin Llyod. Kherson occupation and instructions to use Roubles.
    It is this phase which seems that the war had reached it's climax as both groups posted voluminously in this phase after the first lull following the invasion
  4. Week 19 to 21 (1 May to 21 May) UKR+ RUS Relative lull. In Week 20, UKR groups grow very silent. RUS claims hitting NATO supplied arms depots, UKR withdrawal from around Kharkiv.
  5. Week 23 (29 May to 4 Jun) UKR Probably the busiest week in UKR groups. Close to 15% of posts made in this week.
    UKR claims that RUS has suffered high casualties in the Battle of Sievierodonetsk for connecting road between Lysychansk-Bakhmut. Zelensky visits Kharkiv for first time since war started.
    Information of delivery of M142 HIMARS and the US Cyber Com acting on behalf of UKR against RUS targets
  6. Week 25 (12 Jun onwards) RUS UKR groups fall almost silent. As if deep down this public group has given up. Reflecting a realization of what is actually happening on the field. In my opinion, it is here that UKR actually lost the will to fight.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

On Jan 23, 2022, True Indology sued
@Twitter
for wrongful suspension. On Jan 31, the court asked Twitter to respond. Twitter pleaded for time. Hearing was adjourned to Mar 30. Then to Apr 28. Then to May 17. Then to Jul 18. And today it was adjourned to Aug 17.

Tareek pe tareek.
https://twitter.com/ARanganathan72/stat ... RfZ3s4203g
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.ft.com/content/6f9eebf5-602 ... 0ee4096726
Big Tech signs up to Indonesia's strict content law
Meta, TikTok and Twitter among groups to register for licences under which authorities can censor platforms

The world’s biggest tech groups have signed up to a law in Indonesia that campaigners warn threatens freedom of expression in south-east Asia’s largest economy, in the latest compromise by the sector to retain access to an important market.

Social media companies including Meta, TikTok and Twitter have registered for a licence at the Indonesian communications ministry under which they might have to censor content and hand over users’ data. Some registered only hours before a deadline at midnight on Wednesday.

Apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Netflix and Spotify have also signed up.

Under rules announced in November 2020, Indonesia required tech companies to register with the government before Wednesday’s deadline. The authorities can order content that disturbs “society” or “public order” be taken down and demand access to companies’ data be given to law enforcement agencies.

Those who continue to operate without a licence risk receiving warnings, followed by fines and even losing their right to operate in the country.
“These technology platforms are increasingly used to interfere with or even obstruct human rights,” said Stephanie Hare, campaigner and author of Technology is Not Neutral: A Short Guide to Technology Ethics. But “ultimately their priority is to maximise shareholder value and obey the law”.

She added: “They could have all banded together and refused to do it . . . But they didn’t. [Meta] claims to be all about freedom of expression. So how does that square with going along with these rules?”
Jakarta has said its regulations protect personal data and ensure a “positive” digital space in the country. But the vague terminology has raised concerns among journalists given the use of social media platforms for activism and the broad use of existing laws to target reporters.

The criteria for disturbing the public are “flexible” and “rubbery”, Indonesia’s Alliance of Independent Journalists said in a statement. It warned that the authorities might consider news revealing human rights violations or crimes disturbing to public order.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

The Jihadi/BIF war is on every from ... Look at the list of orgs (Jihadis/Soros funded/Missionaries and Indian commies)
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Soumyarendra Barik @imsoumyarendra

@Rajeev_GoI spoke about the imminent IT Act, user harms on the internet, the delay in the data protection bill, why the government needs more exemptions than private companies, and a lot more.
Looks like some bill may be coming

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

vijayk wrote:[img...]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYmkSBaUcAE ... name=large[/img]

The Jihadi/BIF war is on every from ... Look at the list of orgs (Jihadis/Soros funded/Missionaries and Indian commies)
Hindus for Human Rights?!!! :eek: :shock: