Social Media Watch Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Re: Social Media Watch Thread

Post by sanjaykumar »

Why indeed should bindranwala be considered a mere terrorist?

He is a Sikh holy man, a cultural icon. Perhaps even the perfect man in the vein of the prophet.

All one can say is Hindus have the right of self defence. All else is polemical.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Chinese virus or not, Twitter doesn't miss any chance to break laws and manipulate elections but when it comes to anything else.....
Twitter Seeks More Time From Govt To Comply With India’s IT Rules, Says Covid Situation Causing Delay: Report
https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/twit ... lay-report
AdityaVM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AdityaVM »

I just had an interesting ad pop up when I was watching the Puki whines on their news channels complied by some enthusiasts on youtube ( like we used to see on the Pakistani Media Watch thread. What happened to that thread anyway?)

The ad was some song called Drilla 84 or something. Full Khalistani Propaganda and apologia,(my judgement purely based on visuals here)

What nefarious game is google( and by extension the american deep state ) playing here? Khalistani Propaganda as ads in India?

This is the link to the video I found after searching. I already reported it for promoting terrorism. Please do report it and share the link allowing others to do it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZvmyfspKms
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I cannot report it on you tube.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

darshan wrote:So, does this mean that Twitter thinks that Indira was a terrorist and jarnail a victim?
Twitter user’s account locked for calling Khalistani terrorist Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale a terrorist
https://www.opindia.com/2021/06/twitter ... terrorist/
I am literally getting frustrated with how impotent Indian Govt. Is. They just have to use this guy to file a complaint and Govt bans Twiiter for a day, then a week or even for a month. Make the scums fear Govt. power.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

this is exactly what the GoI should also be doing or rather why has it not done so already

rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Bismillah. We need international DD,...on the lines of Al-Jajeera etc. International staff, swanky studio with Adhunik takniki and really trained reporters. Small time fundus were lecturing India without knowing the scale of vaccination drive. Although India has the lowest infection per 1000 person, European think that Indians are starving and dying like mosquitos. European media reports only about bad situation in India.DD is our Air-India. It has to change if it wants to do service to nation.
Najunamar
BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

^+1008 Aap ke moon mein ghee shakkar... We need to have a "Voice of India" to do counter prapagandu. This will need to be available in a trendy and attractive to youth mode like podcasts/coopting other waves like T-series etc...
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

darshan wrote:Chinese virus or not, Twitter doesn't miss any chance to break laws and manipulate elections but when it comes to anything else.....
Twitter Seeks More Time From Govt To Comply With India’s IT Rules, Says Covid Situation Causing Delay: Report
https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/twit ... lay-report
Delaying tactics. Warn them of clear cut consequences and carry it out. If we don't carry it out, we will lose authority.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

AshishA wrote:
darshan wrote:Chinese virus or not, Twitter doesn't miss any chance to break laws and manipulate elections but when it comes to anything else.....
Delaying tactics. Warn them of clear cut consequences and carry it out. If we don't carry it out, we will lose authority.
No compliance, consequences will follow.

law suits from users cannot be ruled out.

If more time needed, stop operations immediately, first comply and recommence thereafter.

End of discussion.
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

Shri Kanchan Gupta has been appointed as Senior Adviser to Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sicanta wrote:Shri Kanchan Gupta has been appointed as Senior Adviser to Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
just jobs for the boys.

the ministry babooze hate any outsiders poking into their business and generally freeze them out
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

chetak wrote:
Sicanta wrote:Shri Kanchan Gupta has been appointed as Senior Adviser to Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
just jobs for the boys.

the ministry babooze hate any outsiders poking into their business and generally freeze them out
That's a yes, minister reference I believe.

And tbh it's better to have a centrist occupy the job rather than having a commie. After all it's Ministry of IT. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had placed a commie in that job.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

noorie is talking about oppression and submission for Yami Gautam's dressing in her wedding.

See the profile pic of noorie herself...

It's the !zl@m!c global symbol of freedom and is totally free of defeatism and hypocrisy, no

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjaykumar wrote:Why indeed should bindranwala be considered a mere terrorist?

He is a Sikh holy man, a cultural icon. Perhaps even the perfect man in the vein of the prophet.

All one can say is Hindus have the right of self defence. All else is polemical.

here is a sikh who says differently

watch till the end

WATCH VIDEO
via@BittuTuFani
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I will watch the video and post.

But this Noorie Abdullah post is dumbfounding.

What are we dealing with?
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

^^ Looks like parody account
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Wikipedia dismisses Love Jihad as a conspiracy theory by Hindus, but claims reverse Love Jihad against Muslims is real
https://www.opindia.com/2021/06/wikiped ... by-hindus/
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

^^^
But that is wikipedia. I can put a page about my dogs secret love for neighbouring bitch (after making secret affair talks in media). We do not quote from Wikipedia to show the facts. Even elementary school do not recognise Wikipedia as "source of information" in references.
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

rsingh wrote:^^^
But that is wikipedia. I can put a page about my dogs secret love for neighbouring bitch.
You summed it up for me Sir :rotfl: I have myself defaced Pakistan related articles for over 15 years (used to do it when I was a kid...still feel like doing it, but work and Ramu duties have gotten the better of me).
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Rsinghji, while any serious researcher knows that Wikipedia is not a credible reference, for a vast majority of people it is still a primary reference, especially for casual arguments which is the 99% usecase. Then there is also the issue of circular reference: a random edit makes an assertion in Wikipedia which is allowed to stand by their mods, a lazy reporter writes a report referencing it and then the original Wikipedia article cites the newspaper report as a solid reference thus lending it credibility.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

rsingh wrote:^^^
But that is wikipedia. I can put a page about my dogs secret love for neighbouring bitch (after making secret affair talks in media). We do not quote from Wikipedia to show the facts. Even elementary school do not recognise Wikipedia as "source of information" in references.
Gotta follow the voting mass' mindsets or base of the pyramid. If entertainment industry provides an example. All garbage but it still gets eyeballs. Another example is various YouTube handles. A simple WhatsApp forward with BBC or CNN logo is enough to discredit Swarajya. End of the day, it's the voters decide the truth. How many are out there that even know to think that Google moderates and ranks search results? It's the world that wants instant everything and that includes answers. Note that I didn't say anything about classification of answers. Just answers.

Heck there are umpteen posts on this forum about how India buys everything based off of brochures.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Tanaji and Darshan, I got your point but when someone take some information from wikipedia and pass it as legitimate news item..........that is worrying. People at the base of pyramid are not that fool to believe such misinformation. I think most of people owing smartphone know that news can be fabricated and misleading.I seriously dought that somebody reading this wikipost will let her daughter/sister fool around with some Ashraf ali.
So zero impact.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

rsingh wrote:I seriously dought that somebody reading this wikipost will let her daughter/sister fool around with some Ashraf ali.
So zero impact.
Only if it were true. If anything, it's the uneducated base that's giving the hope and not the one that knows how to read Wikipedia. Let me give you a recent example of the learned crowd. A father in Delhi area is desperately looking for a candidate for his extremely well educated daughter. He tells everyone that anyone but Muslim as he knows better. A daughter on other hand believes in all are equal and she prides on visiting all religious places. She has punished around 10 international journal papers. I'm pretty sure why the father is desperate and keeps saying anyone but Muslim.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

rsingh ji, Wikipedia math and hard sciences pages can be taken as references. but sift science pages not so much.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

X posted from the political thread

At long last.

Despite assurance, Twitter yet to appoint compliance officer

Yuthika Bhargava NEW DELHI, JUNE 15, 2021

Despite its assurance to the government on June 5 to provide details of a Chief Compliance Officer within a week, microblogging platform Twitter has failed to do so thus far. It has instead informed the government that it has posted job descriptions for required roles and will fill these as quickly as possible, The Hindu has learnt.

According to an official source, due to non-compliance with the new IT Rules, Twitter may no longer be classified as an intermediary, and there will be no separate order from the government on this. By losing its intermediary status, the U.S.-headquartered social media platform can now be held liable for any content posted by any user on its platform.
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 556056.cms

Twitter's loss. Those Tweetfaces have been given a good snooking this time by the GoI.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Would the GoI have offered such a long rope to an Indian company?
Would the US have offered such consideration for a foreign company not complying with its laws?

GoI is in "demonstrating good faith" mindset, whereas it should be the other way round.
We should stop talking and act.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

An FIR has been filed against twitter for the fake narrative in Ghaziabad incident.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Not Indian i know... still such a cute message to the Zucker, don't you think :D

bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

Thakur_B wrote:An FIR has been filed against twitter for the fake narrative in Ghaziabad incident.
more details with the FIR here:
https://www.barandbench.com/news/litiga ... muslim-man
also FIR against The Wire -
all in UP
so there is hope that this will be taken to its logical conclusion. or atleast some payment back in kind would be done.
RajaRudra
BRFite

Post by RajaRudra »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 603345.cms

Why the minister is sulking. He should just give two line statement and do the actual action(as per the specific law).
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

While Twitter has a policy of removing anti-vaccine tweets, its refusal to remove such posts by Congress leaders shows its bias in India
https://www.opindia.com/2021/06/twitter ... -congress/
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

darshan wrote:
While Twitter has a policy of removing anti-vaccine tweets, its refusal to remove such posts by Congress leaders shows its bias in India
https://www.opindia.com/2021/06/twitter ... -congress/
Bias or malintent?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Could someone please translate for an illiteratewalla?
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Lisa wrote:Could someone please translate for an illiteratewalla?
Basically it states

Nehru was great
Indira was great
Rajiv was great
If social media was not there then Rahul would also have been great
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

But what about Sonia ji ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manish_P wrote:But what about Sonia ji ?

The mafia famiglia, since independence, had a stranglehold control over the print media, academia and later on over the electronic media all of which was nurtured cleverly using public funds spent to ensure a private and personal good. National awards and tangible benefits like jobs, houses, seats in foreign universities including "cash advances" made to boot licking "historians", (they made advances that were never meant to be ever recovered) that was selectively available to the pliant and obliging social "eminences"

the eyetalians know very well how such games are played and how such assets are deployed.

social media has, to a certain democratized this process by making it far more transparent and thus ensuring more visibility than these shadowy power players would have liked.

presstitutes like buddi butt and shikari gupt and many others including food critic paramveer whose mediocre careers would have ended prematurely in any democratic country for their illegal financial shenanigans and propensity for horizontal calisthenics are free today because of certain eyetalian dispensed benedictions.

mafia mata is still looked upon as a savior by such card carrying members of the lootyens legionaries but the law of diminishing returns has already kicked in

But history will not be kind to the current set of extraterritorially blooded but still adamantly entitled mafiosi.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

At the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Information & Technology, in response to the question — if Twitter India follows the law or the land, a Twitter representative said, "We follow our own policies": Sources
via@ANI June 18, 2021