Social Media Watch Thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Re: Social Media Watch Thread

Post by Cyrano »

I like that ceremony! We can revise it to give it new meaning and context to commemorate all our wars for ex.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Cyrano wrote:I like that ceremony! We can revise it to give it new meaning and context to commemorate all our wars for ex.
Yes, that's what i meant.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://twitter.com/fadnavis_amruta/sta ... 48609?s=20

Wish you a very happy #ValentinesDay…. Perfect song for the day… watch , listen & groove https://youtu.be/70AlgQ4VeZI
#valentinesday
#song
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

IndraD wrote:https://twitter.com/fadnavis_amruta/sta ... 48609?s=20

Wish you a very happy #ValentinesDay…. Perfect song for the day… watch , listen & groove https://youtu.be/70AlgQ4VeZI
#valentinesday
#song
:D
Mumbai Bollywood has gone to her head. Unfortunate that she is his biggest career buster
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

IndraD wrote:https://twitter.com/fadnavis_amruta/sta ... 48609?s=20

#valentinesday
#song
WTF is dis?
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Manish_P wrote:As Army Plans To Revise Several ‘Colonial’ Traditions, a Look Back at Its Colourful History
It would be really interesting to note what are the items which would get revised. Because modern day Indian Army itself is kind of made brick-by-brick by the British. Is the Army going to be still very 'officer centric'? Or does it also plan to empower the average NCO and JCO as well? Sahayak/Buddy (or what ever it is called) will it be done away with, at least in peace areas? The Officer cadets still are taught about 'mess manners' etc, which would be pretty much British vintage. I don't know if even British Army follows this. Will that be phased out? Beating Retreat ceremony actually may be the easiest to change. It is any way a ceremony which gets cancelled at the drop of a hat.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile... I guess meltdown moment for some..
Indian-American Neal Mohan —is the new CEO of YouTube.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

WA
Kerala: Responding to the ban on Saffron at Vellayani Bhadrakali Temple, Several hindu women devotees were seen wearing traditional saree coupled with saffron blouses and suits with saffron dupattas.

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

No problem. How about banning certain books because they call for killing certain communities?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

sanjaykumar wrote:No problem. How about banning certain books because they call for killing certain communities?
really ?

Court orders brawl case convict to plant trees, offer Namaz 5 times daily instead of imprisonment
A court at Malegaon in Maharashtra's Nashik district has convicted a Muslim man in a case of road accident brawl but instead of imprisonment, it has ordered him to plant two trees and offer namaz (prayers) five times a day for 21 days.

Magistrate Tejwant Singh Sandhu in the order passed on February 27 noted that provisions of the Probation of Offenders Act granted powers to a magistrate to release a convict after admonition or appropriate warning to ensure he or she does not repeat the offence.

The court said in the present case, mere warning would not be sufficient and it is important the convict remembers his conviction so that he does not repeat it.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Chandrachud said on arrival he will not hear out of turn already pawan khera sisodia and many other cases galore getting hearing in flat 60 min
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey launches strictly for democrats Twitter rival Bluesky

https://www.indiatoday.in/technology/ne ... 2023-03-01
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 320490.cms
What gives??
Bilwa singing gungaan!!
Is this post Soros exposure in India(and he is covering up his shenanigans!!)
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Rsatchi wrote:https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 320490.cms
What gives??
Bilwa singing gungaan!!
Is this post Soros exposure in India(and he is covering up his shenanigans!!)
Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) for Centre for Policy Research, a public policy think tank has been canceled.

They were funded by Ford Foundation, Bill & Malinda Gates Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation, and the other malicious NGOs!

https://swarajyamag.com/news-headlines/ ... -tax-rules
CPR counts the Ford Foundation, the Australian High Commission, Institute of Development Studies among its donors.

The think-tank is currently headed by Yamini Aiyar, daughter of senior Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Folks, a general request to be applied whenever possible going forward - it is something that Indians because of our sheer mass can make a significant global impact with. Everytime we refer to the following in any form of public facing media - social or otherwise, we should attach the descriptors:

British state propaganda channel/network BBC
French state propaganda network/channel France 24
German state propaganda channel/network DW or Deutsche Welle
American state associated network CNN/MSNBC/Fox News - whatever, depending on the admin of the day
Qatari state propaganda ...Al Jazeera
Russian state propaganda ... RT/Sputnik whatever
Chinese... CGTN
Japanese... NHK

And so on for every possible opportunity. Apply the same for Indian too... we could also say Chinese government propaganda newspaper The Hindu for example :lol:

And so on, so long as there's even a 1% state shareholding, direct or indirect, in any of these MSM. The most important is to keep the references 100% defendable.

Costs us next to nothing, except a few characters on Twitter and literally nothing elsewhere.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Absolutely! The universal democratic nature of propaganda must be celebrated :))
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Rather than clog up the India UK thread, posting here. There seems to be a marked increase in anti India articles lately, most of them contrived drainage inspection reports. I am trying to track them… the UK is at a forefront of such articles.

Here is the latest one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-64810339

BBC’s resident Gungadin and uncle Tom claims half of Indias urban women stay at home. But his own article also said that respondents may not have understood the question…. So why lead with such a headline?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/mairal/status/1631408746344710148

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/na ... g-00085164
Frankly, I am impressed by Western Govt in not letting their foreign policy goals sabotaged by activist orgs. Likes of ⁦ @amnesty ⁩ & ⁦ @hrw
⁩ are attempting regime change in India, counter to popular support for current govt there. <1/n>
No matter how many opportunities the Biden administration gets, officials just can’t get themselves to criticize India.

The latest example comes from Secretary of State ANTONY BLINKEN, who in New Delhi today dodged a question about human rights abuses committed by Prime Minister NARENDRA MODI’s government.

“We have to continue to hold ourselves to our core values, including respect for universal human rights, like freedom of religion or belief, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly — which makes our democracy stronger,” Blinken said in restrained language while stressing the U.S. isn’t perfect, either. He did, however, insist that he raises such topics with his Indian counterpart.

Blinken’s answer was illustrative of how carefully President JOE BIDEN’s team treads when it comes to India. That’s despite the Indian government’s amply documented crackdowns on minorities, the media and civil society. And it has persisted even amid India’s surge in trade with Russia that undermines U.S. sanctions designed to end the war in Ukraine.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Social media is indeed a most powerful tool in shaping opinion.

The dude on YouTube from Pakistan who gives the awam an opportunity to opine about India must be on Modi’s payroll.

It is difficult to believe such jahalyat can be found in this century. His works elicit a negative view of Pakistani public and by extension Muslims. I am puzzled why Pakistanis would want Indians to know their views.

It is like those Stone Age khalistanis who discredit Sikhs with their droppings. Only the Pakistani selects some better looking people than the sorry looking khalistanis.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Tanaji wrote:....

BBC’s resident Gungadin and uncle Tom claims half of Indias urban women stay at home. But his own article also said that respondents may not have understood the question…. So why lead with such a headline?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

toolkit media pushing a wishful agenda

A little dated but it's still valid for intent and content

Imagevia@thehawkeye
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Cross posting from Elections thread:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/202 ... -distress/

Please read this in full. It will be trivial for even a moderately funded actor to use this technology to incite riots in India. Deep fake videos are easier to disprove, but just imagine someone coming up with a 20 second clip of a BJP leader saying something. By the time it gets disproved as a fake the damage will be long done. Not to mention the whole riots etc.

The worst one would be a clip that says something that is not even that controversial, for example, something to the effect of reservations should be eventually rolled back. This statement in the voice of a BJPb leader will be enough to swing voters to the other side in swing seats…

I have no doubt that BIF with Soros funding would no doubt be thinking along these lines. The template for resulting demonstrations and riots has been proved in Delhi under aegis of CAA. Imagine that and scale it up 10 times….
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Two can play at that game. Didi caught on tape mocking her captive vote bank. Who will accusing whom of deep fakes?

The point will have been established.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

no better time to buy burnol stock/shares, आँखें बंद करके

#NaatuNaatu from RR wins Oscar for the best original song, meanwhile @vivekagnihotri is in Mexico to receive the Christopher Nolan Saheb Oscar Award for best director.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

a woke, destroyed in seconds.......

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

LoL !
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak wrote:no better time to buy burnol stock/shares, आँखें बंद करके

#NaatuNaatu from RR wins Oscar for the best original song, meanwhile @vivekagnihotri is in Mexico to receive the Christopher Nolan Saheb Oscar Award for best director.
bollywood desperately shoehorns itself into the frame

how can anyone else possibly win an oscar, because only these wokes can

"Alia Bhatt starrer RRR's Naatu Naatu wins Oscars for best song"

~Filmfare
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Can we have a Hinduphobia & analysis thread?

Both are great reads

https://nonsensicalnemo.substack.com/p/ ... -absurdist
Why I love RRR Part 1: An Absurdist Deconstruction

https://nonsensicalnemo.substack.com/p/ ... asterpiece
RRR Part 2: Why SS Rajamouli’s masterpiece triggers Hinduphobes
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The film is dangerous.

I don’t watch films often and I have not seen 80% of this one.

It is made by people who speak a language I don’t understand. It abounds in myth/legend/religion of which I am not fully conversant. Magic realism leaves me cold.

So why am I comfortable watching the two leads but uncomfortable watching the teen bandar?

Yes, that dangerous.

Parenthetically, the charge is there is no subtlety in the film. Perhaps the subtlety is not in the story but in the details.

I wonder what they thought of that random leaf that opens the Gond tribal’s torture and his song of invocation of his forest home? Did the forest send the leaf to caress his face and comfort him?

The review itself is masterful in part 1. Rob Tombs indeed. :lol:
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Nice commentary. I havent managed to watch RRR till now, missed watching it on my last 2 trips to Desh due to unforeseen events, and it still doesn't show up in Netflix in my locale. And I refuse to watch a pirated version for this, I'll wait until a legit Telugu version becomes available here.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Milk is racist

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

maybe we have bigger problems

isn't this looking a teeny bit coup like.......

onlee coupta can answer