2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
AshishA
BRFite

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by AshishA »

Being Hindu Doesn't Make Me Intolerant': Rashmi Samant Who Quit as President-elect of Oxford Student Union After Racism Row
I was born and raised in Udupi, a small coastal town in southwest India. Neither of my parents holds a university degree. Getting into Oxford with this background as a first-generation was a big achievement for my family and their only daughter. I moved to the UK almost five months ago to start my degree looking at transforming energy systems to address the concerns of climate change.

Advocating for student rights is close to my heart and something I pursued as an undergraduate in India. After combating months of self-doubt, I decided to take my interests forward at Oxford and hence ran for the post of president. From there to becoming the first Indian woman to ever win the post of the president of the Oxford Student Union in a historic election, has been truly one of the greatest honours of my life. I truly mean it since the odds were pretty much never in my favour

In the chain of unfortunate events since, what hurts me the most is that my parents were dragged in the most insensitive manner: their religious sentiments and regional background were insulted in the public domain. The fact that I am a Hindu in no way makes me intolerant or unfit to be the President of the Oxford SU. Contrary to this, I understand the value of diversity in its true sense though my exposure to the intricacies of the developed world is limited.

Then why did I step down after becoming the first Indian woman to win the Oxford SU Presidency? Was it because these allegations of insensitivity made me realise that I was not fit enough to be the Oxford SU President?

The answer is “NO”.

I stepped down because my values taught me to be ‘sensitive’: sensitive to the feelings of the people who reposed faith in me, sensitive to my convictions that above all we need to respect fellow human beings, and sensitive to the welfare of the student community that deserves a working SU, and at the personal level, sensitive to the effects of cyberbullying that is targeted against me in name of ‘sensitivity’!

In the light of the developments that surrounded my election win and subsequent resignation, I am outlining my views for the knowledge of the entire student community that supported me.

When I was called to the podium for the presidential debate for the Oxford Student Union elections, I was repeatedly asked a question: ‘Why do you seek a policy of decolonisation when it played such an integral role in bringing about a global world without which billions more would be still living a life of absolute poverty?’

Ironically, the question contained the answer within it. It is my firm belief that one cannot fathom the impact of colonisation wearing the lens of the coloniser. I refused to hold the view that colonisation was a positive experience for the indigenous people of the colonies. I ran the campaign on decolonisation to highlight that the perspectives of people from the Global South derived from the historical experience of others were conveniently gaslit to deflect any kind of introspection about those this University considers ‘heroes.’ The idea was to make the students of Oxford truly reflective on taken for granted notions of colonisation.

In a university where Cecil Rhodes still stands tall looking over all of us, I took a stand that Rhodes was no better than Hitler himself. As someone from the erstwhile colonised India, I can only begin to fathom what Rhodes meant when he said, ‘the native is to be treated as a child and denied the franchise. We must adopt a system of despotism, such as works in India, in our relations with the barbarism of South Africa.’

Was this my crime? Was this my insensitivity to the Jewish community? By no means was I attempting to demean the experience of the Holocaust. My intention was not to hurt my Jewish friends by mitigating Hitler’s crimes, but rather to bring to notice that both Rhodes and Hitler’s intentions were borne of the same virus of bigotry and hatred that bred targeted violence. It was an attempt to kindle the sensitivity of those who are far removed geographically and historically from the realities of the colonial enterprise. Far from being insensitive, the analogy stemmed from the deeply shared sensitivity to the disturbing experience of exclusion. I championed the cause of decolonisation because I deeply felt that much of the syllabus selectively ignores and often appropriates oppression in the guise of development and philanthropy. I did run for inclusivity and still stand for it!

I wish to ask a question to all who termed me insensitive and racist citing my social media posts of the past. Are you being sensitive when you judge a person’s worth based on social media captions of a non-native English speaking teenager that were posted years before the person formed convictions on issues of race? Let me reiterate this: those posts are not a reflection of my hatred towards communities. They were the posts of a teenager who just had access to the world of social media. I again reiterate my apology to those genuinely hurt for my ignorance but not to those with malicious intent who targeted me on ‘insensitivity’.

The depth of diversity within our society requires constant learning within a healthy discourse. Unfortunately, the vile reaction to my apology closed off any space for any kind of learning or growth. It was painful to note that in the guise of being ‘sensitive’ certain groups have propagated intolerance: intolerance against the freshness of thought and initiatives for reflection. I was discredited and bullied (often through anonymous messages with comments on my race, the colour of skin and upbringing) in various ways in social media. The incessant bullying drove me to catch the first flight home to India.

I end with the words of Mahatma Gandhi “I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.” It is sad that despite my sincere apology for my ignorance I was bullied and put under a vicious social media trial.

I only hope that you would not let someone’s sham claims of sensitivity and social media trials blind you in bringing any change in future at least!
While she was forced to resign for something she didn't even intend to do. Let’s see how a Oxford professor behaves.

https://twitter.com/singhsahana/status/ ... 87426?s=20
Read what the Hindu-hating Oxford Prof who targeted Hindu student Rashmi Samant wrote on Insta
https://instagram.com/p/CLZccbZHwLZ/ Because Rashmi posted Jai Shri Ram on her profile the prof says she's celebrating the destruction of a mosque & building of Ram temple(1) #JusticeforRashmiSamant
https://twitter.com/singhsahana/status/ ... 69478?s=20
Because she studied in Manipal Institute of Technology in Karnataka which carries a photo of PM Modi this vile Professor is targeting the young student Rashmi Samant. Please note
@TVMohandasPai
#JusticeForRashmiSamant
https://twitter.com/singhsahana/status/ ... 27749?s=20
In his Insta post Prof Abhijit Sarkar, one of the bullies who harassed student Rashmi Samant has painted coastal #Karnataka, from where the student hails, as some kind of evil place. Are you reading this honorable CM? Your state is being openly insulted https://twitter.com/CMofKarnataka
https://twitter.com/singhsahana/status/ ... 66176?s=20
Here are more details of Abhijit Sarkar, the prof at
@UniofOxford
who in his Insta post targeted a Hindu student from Karnataka because she wrote Jai Shri Ram in a post. He spewed hate against Modi and Karnataka itself.
This guy proudly says he broke Saraswati idols before. So why aren't the Hindus of UK canceling him?
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Hitler comparisons just don't work right now when it's the lefties or the white masters like Rhodes, churchill etc. It should've been obvious from the Gina Carrano's episode. They're only applicable when used against hindu fascist nazi Modi or when approved by the early 20 sjws.

But kudos to her for still going through it, it needs to be talked about.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Karnataka Water Resources Minister Ramesh Jarkiholi resigns over sex scandal in setback for BJP
The Jarkiholi brothers have political control of the north western regions of KA. And they also have a grand scheme in which all the brothers are part of different political parties, often leading to a situation that one of them is an MLA/Minister at any given time 8). YouTube link.
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

So after

women empowerement
Rafael
Hum do hamarey do

Pappu's 1/2 paged vocabulary has a new word, 'strategy'.

Dont worry pappu, your strategy will result in single digit seats for Congees in 2024
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:Karnataka Water Resources Minister Ramesh Jarkiholi resigns over sex scandal in setback for BJP
The Jarkiholi brothers have political control of the north western regions of KA. And they also have a grand scheme in which all the brothers are part of different political parties, often leading to a situation that one of them is an MLA/Minister at any given time 8). YouTube link.
why the eff don't these guys keep it in their pants :mrgreen:
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... k-7211693/

Subramanian Swamy asks why ‘upper caste’ tag for BJP; Director says no role for Ministry
One incident officially flagged in the government’s justification for a bigger say in the functioning of the IIMs last year was a case involving a PhD thesis at IIM-Ahmedabad in which the Institute’s director, Erol D’Souza, had put his foot down.

This was a dissertation with three essays on electoral democracy approved for the award of PhD degree at a seminar chaired by D’Souza in March 2020.

The Ministry of Education (MoE) had asked the Institute for a copy of the thesis in April 2020 after Rajya Sabha MP Subramanian Swamy sent a letter to the Prime Minister alleging that the thesis said the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Bahujan Samaj Party were “ethnically constituted” parties. And that the BJP is a “a pro-Hindu upper caste party.”

In his letter, Swamy said the PM was not an upper-caste leader and such depictions were “propagated” by British historians to show India was never “one country” and its society was never united.

Swamy had urged the government that IIM-A should be directed to “re-examine” the thesis by independent professors and that the PhD kept on hold until then.

When asked to share a copy of the thesis, D’Souza wrote to the MoE saying that the Ministry is not an arbiter of complaints regarding a thesis.

He is learned to have also said that the Thesis Advisory and Examination Committee of the Institute had read the thesis, and parts of it were presented to a select academic community at the viva, and anyone having a complaint should have raised at these forums.

When contacted by The Indian Express on Monday, D’Souza declined to comment. Sources said he had been sent another “reminder” regarding the ministry’s request to which his response has not been received.

D’Souza declining to share the thesis was cited in the government’s justification for seeking powers to initiate an inquiry against the Board of Governors (BoG) of an IIM, if it’s ostensibly found to be acting, what the government thinks, is in contravention of the IIM Act.

That proposal has been shelved after the Law Ministry rejected the idea on the ground that it’s inconsistent with the provisions of the IIM Act, which gives unprecedented autonomy to the 20 business schools. And that any provision permitting the government to take punitive action against the institute can only be introduced through an amendment in the law.

This is playing out amid a larger debate on the IIMs’ institutional autonomy and accountability. The latest in this is the controversy in IIM-Calcutta where the Board of Governors and a significant section of the faculty have objected to the Director with the Board clipping her powers of appointment last week even though the rules of the IIM Act have no such provision.
one by one our institutes of excellence are falling into the hands of the hard left guys who are trying to brainwash the best minds of the nation and this is happening despite the fact that for last 7 years BJP is in power. It's very disheartening to see the leftists in these institutes fill the young and impressionable mind with so much self hate along with hatred towards the nation.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

In other news, some US based organisation called Freedom House has put out a report saying India is only “partly free” ever since Modi came to power. Reasons for the downgrade are ... wait for it... CAA and Covid lockdown.

I think this was predicted once Biden came to power.

Mudi must do rejin
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

BJP has been in GJ forever but has failed to do anything about education reforms. They probably don't even bother to go schools or even read. Given how long they have been in GJ, at the very least one would have expected many centers of research about genocides and atrocities committed on Hindus.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

pappu and pappi are following the election preparation and pre campaigning agenda laid out by some white skinned university types from the US.

the dancing, eating meals with the neighborhood audience, picking tea leaves in a tea estate with the impoverished community and interacting with padres in schools is taken out of an age old ameriki playbook which covers hoary events like cookouts, barbecues, little league baseball games and the barn hoedowns but culturally repurposed, locally repackaged and topically adapted for an Indian semi rural audience.
Last edited by chetak on 03 Mar 2021 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

As Anurag Kashyap, Taapsee Pannu and others face raid by Income Tax department, ‘liberals’ descend to cry vendetta
https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/liberal ... ap-others/
Hours after the Income Tax Department raided 22 locations linked to director Anurag Kashyap and actress Taapsee Pannu in a tax evasion case on Wednesday, liberals suffered a meltdown on Twitter.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

GJ people should keep in mind that Punjabis mean more than EmptyPlaces. There are constant under currents to pitch Gujaratis against anything Punjabi.
PM Modi and his mother abused live on air by a caller on a BBC radio show on Sikhs in the UK
https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/caller- ... khs-in-uk/
The programme, hosted by anchor Priya Rai on BBC Sounds, was aired on Monday (March 1). During an episode of the British soap opera ‘Eastenders’, the ‘Sikh turban’ was referred to as a ‘crown’. BBC conducted a 3-hour long show on whether the Sikh community in the United Kingdom felt proud of such a reference. The host took several phone calls from the viewers, who expressed the struggle of the Sikhs in the country.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Sachin wrote:Karnataka Water Resources Minister Ramesh Jarkiholi resigns over sex scandal in setback for BJP
There are 3 or 4 BJPs in Karnataka, each one with its own agenda. Ramesh Jarkiholi was with INC earlier and architected the breakaway faction from INC-JDS coalition which paved way for BJP to come to power in the state. Ever since the BJP government has been just trying to get by one day at a time fighting factionalism, blackmailing, daily protests over reservations, farmers riots, RTC labor unions etc. For this video to come out just before the budget session raises suspicion but long term if there's a future for the party i hope they fire every single MLA and start from the scratch. Tickets should be given to those who are ideologically bound to the party and its vision and not to every other aaya ram gaya rams.

The other highly disruptive force in the state are the various "gurus" and their powerful institutes. Some of these gurus are kicking up storm asking for reservation for their communities, organizing massive protests in the state capital, pressuring MLAs from their constituencies to inturn put pressure on the CM. Half the time the ministers in Yeddi's cabinet are found giving statements against their own party members or its working than fighting the opposition. So broken is the state politics that it is impossible for INC or BJP to run the government on their own without fearing when some breakaway faction will move to opposition bringing taking down the govt with them. No wonder Devegowda's JDS forever considers itself as the kingmakers despite not even getting 40 seats in most elections.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

AshishA wrote:Being Hindu Doesn't Make Me Intolerant': Rashmi Samant Who Quit as President-elect of Oxford Student Union After Racism Row
This guy proudly says he broke Saraswati idols before. So why aren't the Hindus of UK canceling him?
All western universities especially those in UK and the US are deeply hostile to Hindus. This isn't the first time Oxford Univ has been in news for its hinduphobia. Few years ago they had cancelled Rajiv Malhotra's talks calling him an "apologist for Hindutva". Cambridge too is no better, infact Rashmi Samant's ordeal reminds me of Dr Mrityunja Guha Majumdar, he was a young physicist and student at Univ of Cambridge when he was bullied and dismissed from student union vice-presidency role just because he supported Modi and took a stand on CAA.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Tanaji wrote:In other news, some US based organisation called Freedom House has put out a report saying India is only “partly free” ever since Modi came to power. Reasons for the downgrade are ... wait for it... CAA and Covid lockdown.

I think this was predicted once Biden came to power.

Mudi must do rejin
Let them go full hammer and tongs on Modi and declare India as undemocratic. Put em sanctions. Even better for India. Why all this huffing and puffing. Congress party will see its seat get reduced from double digits to single.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

I am curious as to how Chinese have gotten these western universities in line by forcing them to accept a lot of things like one China, Uyghur Muslims, Chinese culture etc etc?
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

As Anurag Kashyap, Taapsee Pannu and others face raid by Income Tax department, ‘liberals’ descend to cry vendetta
Hours after the Income Tax Department raided 22 locations linked to director Anurag Kashyap and actress Taapsee Pannu in a tax evasion case on Wednesday, liberals suffered a meltdown on Twitter.
Goody goody. Keep them on the reactive by setting the agenda. Let's see how many meltdowns they can have. Give an award for the one who has the most meltdowns, the one with the most intense meltdown, the best upcoming (under 25) future meltdowner, the "special mention category."

So long as they aren't setting the agenda, and are simply reacting, they expend their energies and funds. If they stop reacting, they accept it as the new normal. It's the elephant strategy against the street dogs that I mentioned earlier.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

What happened to going after Chiddu, Mafia family and their enforcers? After arresting chiddu, then letting him out on bail, things have gone cold and quiet.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

AshishA wrote:I am curious as to how Chinese have gotten these western universities in line by forcing them to accept a lot of things like one China, Uyghur Muslims, Chinese culture etc etc?
If i'm not mistaken Chinese make up the largest contingent of foreign students in UK and US (and Australia too i believe) followed by Indians. The chinese government probably keeps these colleges in line by threatening to cut enrollment of their students. Then there is the issue of grants as well , i remember someone saying that if you want your humanities or economics Phd to be funded then work on a subject which glorifies China and her accomplishments, and if you want your India themed Phd to be funded then write about dowry, violence against women, minorities or whatever the woke flavor is in that season.
mukkan
BRFite

Post by mukkan »

Thanks Darshan for giving insights into GJ BJP government in various posts. This helps to realistically predict what will not happen even if BJP is in power at the center for 20 years. BJP in opposition once in a while maybe better than in government for Hindu causes. This opinion will not be popular in this forum but it maybe better if they loose in 2024 narrowly. Then they won't take anything for granted.
darshan wrote:BJP has been in GJ forever but has failed to do anything about education reforms. They probably don't even bother to go schools or even read. Given how long they have been in GJ, at the very least one would have expected many centers of research about genocides and atrocities committed on Hindus.
darshan wrote:
mukkan wrote:Even after 7 years in power, the current government still has some kind of insecurity complex.
Even in GJ, BJP has hardly done much on various issues and they have been in GJ forever....

There are various issues directly attributed to islamists in GJ and you would never see BJP cadre talk about it to avoid being on manifestos like love jihad, grooming, liquor, encroachment, drugs, implementation and enforcement of disturbed areas property sells and rentals, etc. GJ BJP would look the other way. One would have thought that various actions taken by Yogi would have been taken first in GJ but it didn't happen that way. BJP is political entity just like any and without being kicked everyday you won't see results from them. End of day it's the responsibility of voters. Politicians are politicians.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

China keeps her students on a very tight leash for the most part. Most other countries which send students abroad, especially to the US, do the same. Those students come on funding from their govt. and their govt. gets to enforce contracts, where the student either pays back the funding, in full, or comes back to the country of origin to work for X years at least. I know three different students from three different countries who had to go back and work in a govt. job in their countries to fulfill their govt. loan contracts. Going abroad again after working in their countries for five or ten years, is simply not an option, being married, having kids, being settled in your current job, and all that. So the govt. wins by default.

India lets her foreign students do as they please. Govt. control, let alone funding and support, is non-existent. Students do their own jugaad, either find funding from the university itself, or put in personal funds from property or loans.

When you have your students on such a tight leash, you get to dictate terms, even to foreign universities, especially when you already have considerable power. African or other Asian countries might not have that kind of power to dictate to foreign universities (despite having their students on a leash) but China certainly does. India is at a disadvantage here.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Ambar wrote:
AshishA wrote:I am curious as to how Chinese have gotten these western universities in line by forcing them to accept a lot of things like one China, Uyghur Muslims, Chinese culture etc etc?
If i'm not mistaken Chinese make up the largest contingent of foreign students in UK and US (and Australia too i believe) followed by Indians. The chinese government probably keeps these colleges in line by threatening to cut enrollment of their students. Then there is the issue of grants as well , i remember someone saying that if you want your humanities or economics Phd to be funded then work on a subject which glorifies China and her accomplishments, and if you want your India themed Phd to be funded then write about dowry, violence against women, minorities or whatever the woke flavor is in that season.
Who is funding these anti India PhD studies? West? China? Overseas Pakis?
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

mukkan wrote:Thanks Darshan for giving insights into GJ BJP government in various posts. This helps to realistically predict what will not happen even if BJP is in power at the center for 20 years. BJP in opposition once in a while maybe better than in government for Hindu causes. This opinion will not be popular in this forum but it maybe better if they loose in 2024 narrowly. Then they won't take anything for granted.
If BJP loses in 2024, we will have another lost decade and then we will definitely not catch the chinese ever. the only party we need now is to have a spliter group with even more stronger hindu view points that actually shows this BJP to be truly what it is - a centrist party where everyone else is "Far left" - which is probably not the correct term in Indic context
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

bharathp wrote:
mukkan wrote:Thanks Darshan for giving insights into GJ BJP government in various posts. This helps to realistically predict what will not happen even if BJP is in power at the center for 20 years. BJP in opposition once in a while maybe better than in government for Hindu causes. This opinion will not be popular in this forum but it maybe better if they loose in 2024 narrowly. Then they won't take anything for granted.
If BJP loses in 2024, we will have another lost decade and then we will definitely not catch the chinese ever. the only party we need now is to have a spliter group with even more stronger hindu view points that actually shows this BJP to be truly what it is - a centrist party where everyone else is "Far left" - which is probably not the correct term in Indic context
We need to turn BJP to it's original roots of the Hindutva party. The splinter group should not divide Hindu votes. But it should make the BJP turn decisively more Hindu for the fear of losing elections.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

All comes down to voters. If voters go on cruise control then BJP doesn't have to do anything as seen in GJ. They initially dangled few things like stopping encroachment, changing names to historical Hindu names, going after islamists running crime circuits that generates people like Dawood, increase disturbed areas and actively monitor, etc. However, after 2002 they forgot about everything and went on to vikas marg. All okay. However, it's almost 20 years now and they are just pretending away from issues that brought them to power. No INC guy was ever prosecuted for regular riots either. Instead they themselves ended to being prosecuted for riots. Vikas delivered one time generational wealth to many property holders but lot of that was squandered away and ended up with non dharmics due to no focus paid to dharma side during all this vikas in GJ. In some sense, many such Hindu families ended up destroying their family lines with all the money that they walked into for their lands. Collateral damages. Now all hopes are on Yogi that he will give competition and force corrections.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Ahmedabad netizens trend #WeWantKarnavati to get city name changed, this is why
https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/ahmedab ... is-is-why/
The petition reads, “Karna of Chaulukya dynasty ruling from Anhilwad Patan (1072–1094) made the town his capital, adorned it with two temples, one to Kochrab, the site still known, and the other to Jayanti Devi, and named it Karnavati (Karna’s town). This Karnavati is the same place which is called as Ahmedabad now. Scavenging by the archaeologists revealed some magnificent facts about the history of Ahmedabad. Around the 10th century, the place was called Ashapalli ruled by the Bhil kings and later by Solanki King Karandev. Their reign lasted up until the 13th century when the Vaghela dethroned Solanki’s. Ahmed Shah who seated as the Sultan and renamed the city as Ahmedabad. There are many instances where Ahmed shah was known for his cruelty.

The 14th–century Jain scholar Acharya Merutunga in his seminal Sanskrit text Prabandhachintamani claims that King Karnadev habited a village to establish Karnavati with the construction of a Karnasagar lake and a temple for Karneshwara Deva during the last decade of the 10th century.

On searching the true history of this place we can say that the name Ahmedabad is a historical mistake and original name of this town was Karnavati named after Lord Karneshwara who is one of the form of Lord shiva.

I would request honorable minister to rename the town as Karanavati.”
Netizens said that it is a shame to name a city after the Islamic invaders who raped and killed our mothers and sisters. Many said that the cities and towns named after such barbaric invaders should be immediately changed.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak wrote:pappu and pappi are following the election preparation and pre campaigning agenda laid out by some white skinned university types from the US.

the dancing, eating meals with the neighborhood audience, picking tea leaves in a tea estate with the impoverished community and interacting with padres in schools is taken out of an age old ameriki playbook which covers hoary events like cookouts, barbecues, little league baseball games and the barn hoedowns but culturally repurposed, locally repackaged and topically adapted for an Indian semi rural audience.

durairaaj
BRFite

Post by durairaaj »

I think Rahul Gandhi is preparing for 2025-elections by catching the attention of younger minds especially girls who may reach the age to vote by 2025 elections. The young minds will not have knowledge of the failures of UPA I&II government's rule.
His approach is not something to be laughed at and forgotten.
His approach of previous years was vastly different and seems to be following advise of some experts to cultivate a fan following for himself.
The young people will be very active in internet, soon.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Coming back to Strategic analysis:

https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/phil ... als-signed

The agreement, which comes following years of negotiations, was signed by Indian Ambassador Shambu Kumaran and Philippine Defence Undersecretary Raymund Elefante at the headquarters of the Armed Forces of the Philippines on 2 March.

“We are buying the BrahMos missiles,” Defence Secretary of Philippines Delfin Lorenzana said, adding that the agreement signed by the two sides deals with “policies and procedures in defence procurement”.

Many countries, including Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam, have expressed interest in the BrahMos missile.
Now for each of the country, from the coast, draw a 290 km line and correlate with the disputed EEZ of China

The Indo-china sea just became indo-china lake.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

durairaaj wrote:I think Rahul Gandhi is preparing for 2025-elections by catching the attention of younger minds especially girls who may reach the age to vote by 2025 elections. The young minds will not have knowledge of the failures of UPA I&II government's rule.
His approach is not something to be laughed at and forgotten.
His approach of previous years was vastly different and seems to be following advise of some experts to cultivate a fan following for himself.
The young people will be very active in internet, soon.
The NEET protests, the "modiji rozgaar do" protests, the JNU/Jamia/DU hostel fees protests is all towards the same objective. They know very well that millions who will be eligible to vote in 2024 are of impressionable age, full of wokeism, devoid of any knowledge or understanding of the history, so these are the targets being primed for votes in the next elections.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

The AAP march in Delhi continues in the recent MCD elections with it winning 3 out of 4 seats. BJP drew a blank while congress got the remaining
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Tanaji wrote:The AAP march in Delhi continues in the recent MCD elections with it winning 3 out of 4 seats. BJP drew a blank while congress got the remaining
This is good, till now AAP used to claim BJP controlled MCD is the reason for thier short comings, other than Delhi police they cannot blame BJP for anything else
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Explained: How Jal Jeevan Mission Brought Piped Drinking Water To Stok Village In Ladakh At -30°C Temperature
https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/expl ... emperature
Situated at around 3,000 m elevation from the sea-level, Ladakh faces the problems of pipes blocked by ice in winters, leaving a large chunk of population without water.

Today, the village with over 400 households, spread across 7 km, boasts of reliable water supply in even in the harsh winter months - and in a matter of months.
The village had 35 tubewells, however, they remained dysfunctional in winters. An added challenge was increasing demand for water given scattered households with agricultural land and livestock.

The team took into consideration these and various other factors including the geography of the village, the availability of ground water and surface water, etc. and decided to apply the “infiltration gallery” technique for continuous water supply.

Using this technique, sub-surface water that remains unfrozen below the ice is tapped. This water is brought to an overhead tank, passing through a filter to discard impurities, and heated. Solar power is used for the purpose. This water, then, at a suitable temperature is supplied on a predefined schedule to avoid its freezing.

Additionally, pipes are laid three to four feet below the ground to protect the water pipes from freezing and bursting. Insulated pipes are used to prevent them from cooling too quickly
The goal of Jal Jeevan Mission is to provide 55 litres of water per person per day to every rural household through Functional Household Tap Connections by 2024. In Ladakh, the mission has set a budget of Rs 362 crore, and a deadline of 2022.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Ahead Of Kumbh Mela, All Urban Local Bodies In Haridwar Declared Slaughterhouse Free
https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/ahea ... house-free
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

darshan wrote:
these IT raids have unearthed tax evasion of more than 350 crores so far.

wonder what the wokes have to say now.

investigations are still on going.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Quiet frankly, it's not the wokes but what GoI has to say. Where to go and raid was pretty obvious all this times. So why now? And why only token ones? Still no islamist.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Jharkhand: Five members of a family, including a five-year-old child axed to death by villagers over ‘black magic’ suspicions
https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/five-me ... itchcraft/
On the next day, a villager found the dead body of 55-year-old Josephina Topno outside her mud house. Inside the house, the dead body of her husband, Nikodim was lying on a cot. In the next room, three more bodies of her 35-year-old son Vincent, their daughter-in-law Silvanti, 30, and five-year-old grandson Albin were found.

Reportedly, the family had been hacked to death with axes at night after the Mathura Topno had given the names. “It was all done in 3 minutes,” said Salim Topno, an accused in the case.
Most families in the village practise animism, seven follow Christianity, while some families follow Hinduism. The 30-year-old nephew of the deceased Amrit Topno is also one of the accused in the case. Amrit is among eight who have been arrested so far.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Everytime I access opindia and swarajya, it's a little bittersweet feeling for this Gujarati. GJ has been under BJP forever but there's hardly any pro Hindu offshoots that have come about: no think tanks, no research centers, no book publishing houses, no newspapers, no media houses, etc. Any sort of ecosystem has clearly failed to develop. Safer place to operate hasn't meant expansion. If anything, there's been contraction of the ecosystem within GJ in the last 20 years.

Why? What are the root causes?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

The popularity of PM Narendra Modi surges, becomes the most-watched personality on television in India last year: BARC report
https://www.opindia.com/2021/03/pm-nare ... a-in-2020/
The annual TV viewership report for 2019-2020 by Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) suggests that PM Narendra Modi remains the most-watched personality on television in India for the year 2020. From his public addresses regarding the ongoing Covid pandemic to his speech on India being at the forefront of exporting Covid-19 vaccines to the ongoing farmer protests, all have garnered an exemplary response from television viewers.
Speaking on the decision of the national TV channel Doordarshan to re-telecast “Ramayan” and “Mahabharat”, the report said that it proved quite beneficial for the channel which witnessed its total viewership growing by 68 per cent last year. “The fact that no new content was being created because of Covid guidelines, archived content made a huge comeback and Doordarshan (DD) was probably the biggest benefactor”, it said.

“Regional movies genre posted a higher growth than their Hindi counterpart, although Hindi language genre accounted for close to 60 per cent of total movie genres viewership. Apart from Hindi, the other major markets for the genre were Telugu, Tamil and Kannada,” the report added.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Haryana government Tuesday notified the act implementing 75% reservation for local people in private jobs with a monthly salary ceiling of Rs. 50,000

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/har ... 95472.html

One needs to learn from politicians how to kill a golden goose. A good part of HR's economy relies on Gurgaon and its service sector, by implementing 75% reservation in private companies, the state has all but ensured that new investments will either go to other states or other countries. I hope other states will attract new investors or help existing companies relocate from HR to other states. 75 yrs after independence when we should be planning to dismantle reservations in jobs and education and prepare our workforce for a globalized world, we are shooting ourselves in the foot by expanding reservation. Knowing our politics, i wouldn't be too surprised if other states follow the suit.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Ambar wrote:Haryana government Tuesday notified the act implementing 75% reservation for local people in private jobs with a monthly salary ceiling of Rs. 50,000

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/har ... 95472.html

One needs to learn from politicians how to kill a golden goose. A good part of HR's economy relies on Gurgaon and its service sector, by implementing 75% reservation in private companies, the state has all but ensured that new investments will either go to other states or other countries. I hope other states will attract new investors or help existing companies relocate from HR to other states. 75 yrs after independence when we should be planning to dismantle reservations in jobs and education and prepare our workforce for a globalized world, we are shooting ourselves in the foot by expanding reservation. Knowing our politics, i wouldn't be too surprised if other states follow the suit.
Aah, but thou haven't grasped the sheer chankianness involved.

This is all 786-D chess. HR is bravely sacrificing its own industry and prosperity for the sake of the nation, by becoming a scarecrow model of what happens when golden geese get cooked.

Also, this will help chamkianly drive investments to nearby Noida in Yogi ji ki UP thereby further strengthening Yogi's claim to a post modi PM chair.

Well played I'd say. Jai ho.