2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Manish_P »

Tanaji wrote:Guys, its a small request from a member… doesnt hurt. He hasnt said anything about Swastik, so why go there, anyways OT.
Tanaji sir, no offense to you or to RSingh ji (and i hope he will understand the point being made), but would like to humbly point out that quite a few members here are residents of desh and the common abbreviation of the Shiv Sena used here, electorally and in media, is SS.

Introducing new abbreviations, even out of innocent intentions, might create unnecessary confusion.

My one paisa onlee
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

5 seems likely.

BTs memories are still strong and resonate with the common Marathi manoos.

E Shinde knows it and is probably just using it to send a message to UT that they cannot ignore him and his group. (Call it the S-37.. or 36 as one seems to have returned back to camp quickly)

Expect things to be 'patched' up quickly.

The more it drags the more will be advantage UT. ES knows it well. UT seems to have panicked but the wily and experienced Powerful will manipulate the situation... to his own advantage, of course.

PS - Covid seems to have replaced chest pains at the politicians favorite ailment. It has the advantage of being allowed to remain at home and be isolated :)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manish_P wrote:5 seems likely.

BTs memories are still strong and resonate with the common Marathi manoos.

E Shinde knows it and is probably just using it to send a message to UT that they cannot ignore him and his group. (Call it the S-37.. or 36 as one seems to have returned back to camp quickly)

Expect things to be 'patched' up quickly.

The more it drags the more will be advantage UT. ES knows it well. UT seems to have panicked but the wily and experienced Powerful will manipulate the situation... to his own advantage, of course.

PS - Covid seems to have replaced chest pains at the politicians favorite ailment. It has the advantage of being allowed to remain at home and be isolated :)
has anyone noticed that the vocal and voluble greens have kept absolutely quiet during all this drama

not a single solitary peep out of any jehadi joker

they have realized that the entire political contretemps has been triggered by their presence in the power ecosystem and onion merchants are very cleverly keeping a political distance lest their vote banks react adversely
Last edited by chetak on 22 Jun 2022 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Usage of SS needs to verboten in India in a totally Indian discussion 75+ years after WW2 where 99.9% people know nothing about Germaic Schutzstaffel but do know about Shiv Sena, director of Bahubali SS Rajamouli ...
I'll let you decide.

I wouldn't use the term house nigger though, enough people understand it's a derogatory term used for dark skinned African people, and there is enough pervasive discrimination against dark skinned people in India. Any term that associates skin darkness with inferiority or undesirability is best avoided.

my 2 rupiahs onlee
Last edited by Cyrano on 22 Jun 2022 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Guys ,save your one and two paisa coins for some other days. I have been scolded for using "JAPS" for JAPANESE. SS is completely different thing . BR has world wide followings and let's not make it some region specific. I have seen greeting cards made of human skins ( made by SS guards). SS is sinister simple as that. Back to the main issues.
My one Euro cent
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

rsingh wrote:Guys ,save your one and two paisa coins for some other days. I have been scolded for using "JAPS" for JAPANESE. SS is completely different thing . BR has world wide followings and let's not make it some region specific. I have seen greeting cards made of human skins ( made by SS guards). SS is sinister simple as that. Back to the main issues.
My one Euro cent
mountain out of a molehill.

SS has no such genocidal connotations in India. It is a far stretch to make the tenous association

worldwide following needs to adapt to India in this case. no one here has reacted adversely to slurs like cow piss drinkers and whatnot. Sense of proportion and balance is essential.

overly sensitive hurt europeans and amerikis can go jump.

goose, gander, sauce, and all that onlee.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Cyrano wrote:Usage of SS needs to verboten in India in a totally Indian discussion 75+ years after WW2 where 99.9% people know nothing about Germaic Schutzstaffel but do know about Shiv Sena, director of Bahubali SS Rajamouli ...
I'll let you decide.
That is the problem. We have kind of secret admiration about Hitler and his institutions. We use the word "Hitler" at the drop of hat. That mind set has to be changed. 99.9 % of population knows the name of Hitler. Well that is my view.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

BJD extends support to NDA's Presidential nominee Droupadi Murmu.
Nitish Kumar’s JD (U) backs NDA presidential nominee Droupadi Murmu.
With Biju Janata Dal and Nitishwa supporting Droupadi Murmu looks like the game is up for the 24/7 disgruntled man Yeshwant Sinha. Time to pack his bag and go home. By the way any news bits from the custodians of "secularism, progressiveness & liberalism" the CPI and CPI(M)? Daniel Raja was seen first to arrive at the Congress camp for discussions. May be he did not want to miss a single item on the breakfast table :P.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

You are right, enemy of Brits was seen as potential friend, even SC Bose was in touch with him initially but categorically repudiated him and rejected his ideology unequivocally when its became clear what Hitler was up to. But that image of a belligerent nationalistic leader and tyrant who ran his country with iron discipline and brought European world coloniser powers to their knees has remained in India. There was even a Telugu movie by that name iirc. There was even a pub in Hyderabad called Bier Keller with lots of swatikas and nazi deco a few decades ago. The farther you are from the locus of events the more you use it in a distorted way I suppose.

But all that is mighty pardonable compared to what we are seeing in Ukraine today and how wilfully blind these very European nations and the west are behaving about it. Now thats really condemnable and downright shameful.

If -they- dont find it so abhorrent today, I don't see why we should... only politically speaking of course. From a humanitarian and moral standpoint, Nazis are pure monsters, no discussion about it.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

News Arena
@NewsArenaIndia

Uddhav Thackeray will shift his residence from Varsha (CM’s residence) to Matoshree (his own bungalow).

Source : TN Navbharat.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The cream of the BJP's upcoming crop of leaders

not even one is parivaari or darbaari

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

chetak wrote:...
worldwide following needs to adapt to India in this case. no one here has reacted adversely to slurs like cow piss drinkers and whatnot. Sense of proportion and balance is essential.

overly sensitive hurt europeans and amerikis can go jump.

goose, gander, sauce, and all that onlee.
:D + 1 Chetak Saar

What if some of our sindhi friends, being esteemed members of the Ulhasnagar Sindhi Association, take objection to the word USA hain... should we then refer to it as USCA - Union of Subjucated & Colonised Americas

Anyway, back to regular programming..
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:BJD extends support to NDA's Presidential nominee Droupadi Murmu.
Nitish Kumar’s JD (U) backs NDA presidential nominee Droupadi Murmu.
With Biju Janata Dal and Nitishwa supporting Droupadi Murmu looks like the game is up for the 24/7 disgruntled man Yeshwant Sinha. Time to pack his bag and go home. By the way any news bits from the custodians of "secularism, progressiveness & liberalism" the CPI and CPI(M)? Daniel Raja was seen first to arrive at the Congress camp for discussions. May be he did not want to miss a single item on the breakfast table :P.
very true.

they don't have any role to play, for sure but do they have any votes to make their presence felt in the presidential elections.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/amitmalviya/status/ ... 4280241152.

According to Delhi CM Kejriwal, a 458 bed hospital has been set up in Kirari and as per PWD (Govt of NCT) website, the work has been completed on 27Jun2020. But the hospital exists only on paper! This is a 1,256 crore scam by the AAP.

WOW check the video
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

bootlicking congi and BIF house negro

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Shinde rejected CM offer from crooked Pawar and CHORnia
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Coupta is utterly clueless in this matter. Also weird to highlight his being an auto driver: what difference does that make and how is it related to anything? Is it the subtle Lutyens complex showing itself as how dare an auto driver take on Congress?
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

rsingh wrote:That is the problem. We have kind of secret admiration about Hitler and his institutions. We use the word "Hitler" at the drop of hat. That mind set has to be changed. 99.9 % of population knows the name of Hitler. Well that is my view.
I would not go as far as admiration. However, it is correct that "Hitler" is synonymous with "angry/strict man" to a lot of people. Whether an angry man has to be admired then depends on the situation. Bollywood certainly found success with the angry man theme, so Hitler=angry man=fun time at the movies is as plausible of a subliminal explanation as any.

When I was in school, the social studies books used covered a lot about Bose, Gandhi and their interaction with Hitler, but glossed over the 2nd world war other than playing up why the Quit India movement was justified at a time of war. So even the 50% of people who went to school at that time would not have seen the full picture.

Putting Hitler in a western framework would need the world war being taught from an European perspective. Or perhaps a chapter on "Atrocities Europeans committed during WW2" should be mandatorily included.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

UT: I became CM on suggestion of Pawar
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/mh-sena-thackeray

Breaking his silence after his government was pushed to the brink of collapse by rebel Shiv Sena leader Eknath Shinde, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday said he was ready to quit his post if the rebel MLAs tell him that they don’t want him to continue as CM.

In a 17-minute-long webcast, Thackeray who tested positive for COVID-19 earlier in the day, said he was ready to give up the post of Shiv Sena president as well if Shiv Sainiks feel that he isn’t capable of heading the party.

“Why make statements from Surat and other places? Come and tell me to my face that I am incompetent to handle the posts of chief minister and Shiv Sena president. I will resign immediately. I will keep my resignation letter ready and you can come and take it to Raj Bhavan,' Thackeray said.

He said he would be happy to see a Shiv Sainik as his successor on the CM’s post, adding he took up the post despite his inexperience after a suggestion from NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

congress files petition in SC re MH crisis. Early morning sunwai likely.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

Tanaji wrote:Coupta is utterly clueless in this matter. Also weird to highlight his being an auto driver: what difference does that make and how is it related to anything? Is it the subtle Lutyens complex showing itself as how dare an auto driver take on Congress?
this seems more like a vieled threat "we know where you come from"
and you are not a scindia with a pedigree
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Somehow makes me think this SS move has pawer hand behind it.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

IndraD wrote:congress files petition in SC re MH crisis. Early morning sunwai likely.

What's the basis?
Bommai Judgement ruled that the Assy floor test is the only valid Constitiuiional measure.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

suryag wrote:Somehow makes me think this SS move has pawer hand behind it.

Sorry to say we overstate Pawar's wiliness.
He is like the Blue Jackal in Panchatantra now.
Caught off guard.

So far MVA was in power due to NaMo benign neglect and now the gloves are off.
The fool thought he was in Power due to his hold on criminals.

And mind you right before the presidential elections where Pawar declined to be a candidate to preserve his chance to become PM!

Eknath Shinde with his group of MLAs has gone beyond the 2/3 rule.
In fact, only 3 MLAs are with Uddhav Thuglaq* showing Eknath Shinde is the real Shiv Sena.
UT was in charge of Sonia Sena.
Now that is wrapped up as he decamped with all his suitcase of documents and god knows what.
Hope he gets a visit from ED right now.
* For over 4 decades Shiv Sena opposed Congress and NCP and under UT it backstabbed the Hindus who supported them in their thuggery and joined hands with Dawood Ibrahim's henchman Blue Jackal.
And turned on the Maratha manoos.

Many cases of the SS goons usurping and taking over properties of helpless Hindus.

UT enabled the murder of Palghar Sadhus.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Thanks Ramana garu.

One thing that has not been adding up is Eknath Shinde has almost the bulk of the SS MPs. If the discontent was this high, not sure why there was no murmur anywhere. Now that 3 years is done, whatever can be scraped is taken, it appears to be time to prepare for next life. Across all this UT is the one who is in the tough spot. I was looking for the customary short circuit to happen in mantralaya, lets see. Beyond all this I hope DP has learnt big lessons and will make good use of it in the future.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UT is decamping with suitcases of stuff from CM residence to his own.
Videos are on twitter.
he knows he is no longer in CM office.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

suryag wrote:Somehow makes me think this SS move has pawer hand behind it.

sirji,

this is going around
20-23 MLAs moved out of the state late night and Mumbai police didn't get to know?

It comes under the Home Dept, which means NCP, you never know with Sharad Pawar.
Failed to understand with Eknath Shinde's rebellion

1. Shinde gathered 30 Sena MLAs against Sena leadership & Thackeray has no clue about it? No leak of info by 30 people who had 24/7 police security/PAs?

2. Eknath Shinde is really such big leader who has support of 30 Sena MLAs?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:UT is decamping with suitcases of stuff from CM residence to his own.
Videos are on twitter.
he knows he is no longer in CM office.
on a lighter vein...

this is also going around

Respect for the man who left the bungalow without removing any Tootis!

Poori parti ukhad di bande ne, tab bhi tooti nahi ukhadi!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:
IndraD wrote:congress files petition in SC re MH crisis. Early morning sunwai likely.

What's the basis?
Bommai Judgement ruled that the Assy floor test is the only valid Constitiuiional measure.

Plea in Supreme Court to restrain disqualified/resignee MLAs from contesting elections for 5 years
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

The most shameless thing UT has said is to ask how Shiv Sena has deviated from Hindutva? This is after these cretins took no action against the people who lynched the Palghar Saadhus and arrested people for chanting Hanuman Chalisa.

Of course, having said that I don't believe for one second that this current "rebellion" has anything to do with Eknath Shinde suddenly realizing after 2.5 years that Shiv Sena has discarded Hindutva, unless he claims to have been sleeping like Kumbhakarna all this time.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Khalistani Silence on Atrocities on Sikhs in Afghanistan and Pakistan | Puneet Sahani, Vibhuti Jha

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Puneet Sahni is one of the finest men I have come across on social media. How many are there like him, from his community?

Is his world view related to his being Khatri??
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

ramana wrote:Shanmukh
So, what changed between the end of 2019 and 2021? I can think of only one major change - the rise of the Biden sarkar. So, after the rise of Biden sarkar, Modi government has decided, for whatever reasons, that they should appease the enemies of Hindutva.
You are dead wrong on this.
And why do you say so, Ramana-garu? What am I wrong about? The reason being the Biden sarkar or BJP appeasing the enemies of Hindutva?
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

suryag wrote:Thanks Ramana garu.

One thing that has not been adding up is Eknath Shinde has almost the bulk of the SS MPs. If the discontent was this high, not sure why there was no murmur anywhere. Now that 3 years is done, whatever can be scraped is taken, it appears to be time to prepare for next life. Across all this UT is the one who is in the tough spot. I was looking for the customary short circuit to happen in mantralaya, lets see. Beyond all this I hope DP has learnt big lessons and will make good use of it in the future.

It is not a question of whether Shinde is a big leader or not and why this discontent was not known to anyone else earlier. Firstly Shinde is the number two leader in Sena and undoubtedly the one with the most mass appeal. Penguin and Raut will struggle to win in Mumbai G north constituency itself….

If you for a second imagine a political party to be a sales organisation, then the MLAs are the sales representatives. They are more in touch with the populace than any one else, more so than the MPs. They have to be as they are the ones responsible directly to getting the votes and more importantly the money for the party. As such they have their ears very close to the ground. Ever since MVA has been formed, if you notice all important ministries are in the hands of either the NCP or the Congress. The Sena has zero ministries of note, except the titular CM post, which is pointless as he has no power directly.

Now a lot of people say that NCP is a vasooli enterprise first and a political party second. Given that they have the important ministries, on the ground, all the main influence and money flow from money bags is going to NCP. Proof of this happening could be seen partly in the Anil Deshmukh - Waze- Ambani saga and that was the tip of the iceberg. Recall the quota that was allocated to Waze for vasooli from the dance bars in Mumbai to see how deep that went…and that’s just in Mumbai. It was repeated all over Maharashtra. What this has led to is deteriorating influence of Sena MLAs in their constituencies and more importantly lack of funds coming to them.

The other aspect is the general discontent of people and especially the Marathi manoos. The people look at all the past utterances of BT calling Congress Khangress and how he would never deal with them, calling Pawar various rude names and ask the MLAs how they can justify this turnaround and being literally Sonia Sena the way UT goes to pay obeisance to Sonia Gandhi. That is why Shinde in his speech mentioned that this Sena is no longer the one that BT formed and he would be the one to know….

Lastly, given UT is the face of the government , anything bad that happened gets blamed on the Sena and not MVA. People recall the Covid handling, the extortion rackets and blame UT… Shinde being close to the ground knows that they are going to get wiped out in 2024, hence this attempt now.

UT is well, a topic for another post, suffice to say, he and RaGa are from the same mould..
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

About the question how come no one knew of this discontent, the fact is everyone knew, everyone except UT. Fadnavis is on record 5 days before this happened saying that discontent among Sena MLAs is high. Powerful had attempted to meet UT on this topic 2 weeks ago but was not given time to meet. Numerous MLAs have voiced dissatisfaction to Shinde and T both privately and publicly in the past.

The signs were very much there but the king was too self absorbed to note and incapable of action.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Wow looks like the entire SS as a party has been taken over through Shinde after spitting out UT and gang. This chankian scheme must have taken a long time to implement.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

The more I read about the events at MH, the more I am convinced that all these shenanigans are done with full knowledge of Shiv Sena top brass including Thakareys. MVA government has nearly completed half of their tenure. Do not know if there was any understanding with NCP on change in CM, or any similar things. And to go back on the agreement, the best bet is to act like there is a rebellion within Shiv Sena due to which there is no other way other than to dissolve the ministry.

For the BJP; this would not be a surprise as they have been a victim earlier. In KA, there was a cooalition government setup by humble farmer's JD(S) and not so humble BJP. The agreement was to swap CMs after 2.5 years. Yeddiyurappa patiently waited for 2.5 years. But when the time came, JD(S)'s Kumara Swamy realised that BJP was after all a "non-secular" and "communal" party and so does not deserve any support :P . The government fell. Though it remains a big question on why the humble farmer's clan took 2.5 years to realise that BJP was "non-secular" and "communal".
suryag wrote:One thing that has not been adding up is Eknath Shinde has almost the bulk of the SS MPs. If the discontent was this high, not sure why there was no murmur anywhere.
Which kind of adds into my theory that this is a planned move with Shiv Sena top brass knowing it in advance. Today's Deccan Herald also had a small news that, the MH Police intelligence had warned UT & Co of such things in advance ;).
Tanaji wrote:Also weird to highlight his being an auto driver: what difference does that make and how is it related to anything? Is it the subtle Lutyens complex showing itself as how dare an auto driver take on Congress?
Considering the gimmicks by a IIT educated rascal who seems to be holding the seat of Delhi CM, I feel that auto rickshaw drivers are much more honest, more grounded and more capable to be in politics and even hold ministerial appointments. The notions of IIT = honesty & IAS/IPS = brilliance should be cleared out sooner or later. In politics ultimately it is only political acumen, and appetite to take risks matter.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Tanaji wrote:About the question how come no one knew of this discontent, the fact is everyone knew, everyone except UT. Fadnavis is on record 5 days before this happened saying that discontent among Sena MLAs is high. Powerful had attempted to meet UT on this topic 2 weeks ago but was not given time to meet. Numerous MLAs have voiced dissatisfaction to Shinde and T both privately and publicly in the past.

The signs were very much there but the king was too self absorbed to note and incapable of action.
Not just the King... but the King's cousin as well