2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
kvraghav
BRFite

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by kvraghav »

I too concur. The tax policy of this govt has become indefensible even for lifetime karyakartas like us. Fuel prices should lessen. People are angry when they see Modi preaching and say why can't he just come to the point and leave.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

Not commenting on fuel price increase in India. But Fuel prices went up by 50% in the US: A gallon of unleaded went from $1.9x to around $3.00 in a manner of month as per barrel OIL prices went from $30's to $60's (from Feb '21 to April '21). I fill gas regularly at AZ Costco and can attest to this 50% increase.
kvraghav wrote:I too concur. The tax policy of this govt has become indefensible even for lifetime karyakartas like us. Fuel prices should lessen. People are angry when they see Modi preaching and say why can't he just come to the point and leave.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

I have noticed a pattern on how the English media operates. they will interview some supposed Intellectual, pick up some quotes critical of the Indian Gov and then print headlines that so and so (insert raghu ram raja, abhijit banarjee, amartya sen. etc ... ) said Modi is clueless. this time it looks like they found Dr Fauci. maybe they could not find any desis expert this time.

i have seen friends argue that these people are Nobel laureates, IMF, etc... so should be right and the dhotiwalas should listen to them. no one reads the article.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

krithivas wrote:Not commenting on fuel price increase in India. But Fuel prices went up by 50% in the US: A gallon of unleaded went from $1.9x to around $3.00 in a manner of month as per barrel OIL prices went from $30's to $60's (from Feb '21 to April '21). I fill gas regularly at AZ Costco and can attest to this 50% increase.
kvraghav wrote:I too concur. The tax policy of this govt has become indefensible even for lifetime karyakartas like us. Fuel prices should lessen. People are angry when they see Modi preaching and say why can't he just come to the point and leave.
The problem was they increased the Central excise tax and never allowed fuel prices to hit the really low levels, I guess GOI really needs funds during the economic slowdown but will be prudent to reduce this well before the UP election
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Hope this is true. In a true spirit of Bajirao's 'Battle of Palkhed', type of assault on opposition :)
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

I don't think this is accurate. Winning seats in state elections will get BJP RS seats but those will be available only in 2022/23 as RS follows it's own 2 year election cycle. Not to mention with elections in 2022 BJP might lose some seats.

Even after battering after battering Congress controls 35 seats in RS. :shock:

Never understood the logic of RS seats to be honest.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Just heard that Pfizer is negotiating with GOI ? I hope that GOI is not giving up undrr pressure.
arvin
BRFite

Post by arvin »

Good idea to talk now with pfizer after Sputnik V has arrived.
Other vaccines too in pipeline. If they ask for collateral like they did with Argentina maybe give them a garbage dump somewhere.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

arvin wrote:Good idea to talk now with pfizer after Sputnik V has arrived.
Other vaccines too in pipeline. If they ask for collateral like they did with Argentina maybe give them a garbage dump somewhere.
they simply wouldn't dare

A ban on pfizer products will hit them very hard and it is not beyond the realm of the impossible with the present govt.

They are currently seeking an "expedited approval pathway" from thr GoI, meaning allow us to sell without testing in India.

they are trying to avoid any and all liability issues and India has already seen ameriki companies like Union Carbide Corporation and enron "operate" in India using the very same principles.

apparently, only black lives matter and not so much the brown ones.

pfizer is salivating at the mere thought of access to the vast Indian market, the largest in the world, by far.

just imagine the situation if any congi clown had been in charge.

Those who question why India did not approve US based Pfizer vaccine should also ask why the US did not approve India based Bharat Biotech's COVAXIN. It's not a question of ego or pride but economics.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Pfizer getting expedited approval without conducting required trials is an attempt at escaping any contractual liability whatsoever. The argument then would be "the Indian govt authorised the vaccine in India knowing fully well it was not trialled here. Caveat emptor. And since we did not trial before selling, we can't guarantee that our product is fit for purpose and therefore no liability can accrue upon us" ityadi ityadi... I don't think it will fly.

Pfizer is doing its best to be the poster child of (evil) Big Pharma.

buy the way, I thought Pfizer was already in India? The undrinkable "protienex" my mom used to force down our throats every morning had a Pfizer & Dumex logo on it IIRC.
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

These are the vaccines approved, in India, for Chinese Wuhan Covid virus.

1. SII's Covishield
2. BB's Covaxin
3. DRL's Russian Sputnik
4. Biological E/J&J vaccine -> Hyderabad's Biological E: The dark horse in India's vaccine race

What about Zydus Cadilla's ZyCovid? While 1 & 2 are struggling with scaling up production, is ZyCovid's approval held up in red tape?

We should expedite any & all companies applications for approval, as long the company has carried out trials and has data to back up their claims. GoI should encourage as many companies as possible to manufacture vaccines (with preference given to Indian pharma companies like BB & ZC).
Last edited by la.khan on 04 May 2021 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

Why do we need pfizer when we have SII - cant we fund SII to ramp up capacity?
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

chetak wrote:panag justifying the post poll violence against the BJP karyakarthas

general he may have been, khalistani he certainly is, but his credentials as a gentleman ......

such is the fate of people whose intellect is overwhelmed by their ego

an aapi who turned out to be a paapi
Deedee – Ooo . Deedee!

“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”.

— Lt Gen H S Panag(R) (@rwac48) May 3, 2021
https://www.outlookindia.com/website/st ... unt/381980
And they only suspend Kangana's account not this Gen's
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The comment form the general however repugnant to people with common decency don't violate the TOS. As they are not explicitly calling for someone's death. The AI of twitter is incapable of finding the context of the comment.

The if reported by enough members, the human reviewer will just shrug it off as he will be in bed with the thought process espoused by the general.

Kangana Ranaut will not get such leeway.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

la.khan wrote:These are the vaccines approved, in India, for Chinese Wuhan Covid virus.

1. SII's Covishield
2. BB's Covaxin
3. DRL's Russian Sputnik
4. Biological E/J&J vaccine -> Hyderabad's Biological E: The dark horse in India's vaccine race

What about Zydus Cadilla's ZyCovid? While 1 & 2 are struggling with scaling up production, is ZyCovid's approval held up in red tape?

We should expedite any & all companies applications for approval, as long the company has carried out trials and has data to back up their claims. GoI should encourage as many companies as possible to manufacture vaccines (with preference given to Indian pharma companies like BB & ZC).
Some members here were reporting that ZyCovid Ph-3 results would be out this month and approval might happen after that. But somehow with this company, seems like things are being taken slowly. Not sure why...BTW, are they even smaller than BB wrt production capacities? If yes, then a mere approval won't help a lot in the short term.

Anyways, I think we will have slow pace of vaccinations till June end at least...hope I am wrong.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

In the meanwhile, a good roundup of global coverage of Indias handling of the crisis

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... s-7301389/
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

I read on the forum whether it is Government's clever move to get SC/HC to order certain things to circumvent recalcitrant State Govts/Baboos, cannot the BJP get their right leaning SC lawyers to file PIL in the SC/HC to prorogue all state/by-elections/RS elections until the 2024 general elections.
Impose President's rule once the term of the state government comes to an end. Is this pandemic the right time and apt ruse to get all state elections + National elections at one go regardless of how many phases probably Feb-March to June or Nov-Feb( only issues the is the Sardi ka mausam and cyclone times in the south). Even the recent ones to be dissolved for one election and rest of the time for governance. Given that opposition have tasted victory and the Yuraj making all kinds of noise and suggestions it will corner the opposition in their own house so to speak!!
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I personally do not like the idea of all elections together. Yes it will fasten the pace of development as all elections will be 5 years after and govt (read Modi ji and Amit shah ji) can concentrate on governance. The problem is, what if govt in election time does a bad calculation (like WB) and looses election? Then band of Italian looters will in 5 years setback whatever great development was done in the last 5 years.
Compare that with slightly slower growth now (because of managing multiple state election, not Covid), and having multiple elections...you get to see what is not working, correct it, and win the general election (that is if you have the ability and will to learn the right lesson). A continuous 15 years of slightly lower growth is better than say 10 years of breakneck growth followed by 5 years of Italian loot.
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

Zynda wrote:Some members here were reporting that ZyCovid Ph-3 results would be out this month and approval might happen after that. But somehow with this company, seems like things are being taken slowly. Not sure why...BTW, are they even smaller than BB wrt production capacities? If yes, then a mere approval won't help a lot in the short term.
Ironically, Zydus Cadila is from Ahmedabad. NaMo even visited them and saw a presentation on their vaccine candidate. I expected ZC would be given some kind of fast track approval, after they have completed all their trials (I, II, III). But we hear nothing. :((

We need to get as many vaccines as possible out in the market. Barest minimum must be 5 million doses/day, 150 m/month if we wish to make a dent on this :cry: Covishield, Covaxin, Sputnik, ZyCovid, Biological E. Each 150 m/month. That is just our domestic requirement.

If we can make the vaccines at industrial scale, these companies will be busy for the next 3-4 years producing billions of doses for export. I hope our pharma can rise to this challenge 8)
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

India is a state with a very large poor population. Even then the taxes are not egregious and the middle and upper classes are beneficiaries of a lot of subsidies. I do believe that the middle and upper classes have to start paying free market for many benefits. As an example there is no reason for free and discounted tickets for women across economic strata.
The fuel price control drives market stability.
The fact that Karyakartas are also getting upset about ghost tells us about why TMC like parties win in times of demographic changes. The Indic vote is like a weathervane.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rsatchi wrote:I read on the forum whether it is Government's clever move to get SC/HC to order certain things to circumvent recalcitrant State Govts/Baboos, cannot the BJP get their right leaning SC lawyers to file PIL in the SC/HC to prorogue all state/by-elections/RS elections until the 2024 general elections.
Impose President's rule once the term of the state government comes to an end. Is this pandemic the right time and apt ruse to get all state elections + National elections at one go regardless of how many phases probably Feb-March to June or Nov-Feb( only issues the is the Sardi ka mausam and cyclone times in the south). Even the recent ones to be dissolved for one election and rest of the time for governance. Given that opposition have tasted victory and the Yuraj making all kinds of noise and suggestions it will corner the opposition in their own house so to speak!!

this is exclusively for the parliament to do, if at all

the judiciary should and have no part of this at all.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Only for Chetakji as this news concerns his idol :P :mrgreen:

https://indianexpress.com/article/busin ... s-7301581/

Raghuram Rajan: Lack of leadership, complacency behind India’s Covid-19 crisis

With a picture in all his glory as well.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Jarita wrote:
India is a state with a very large poor population. Even then the taxes are not egregious and the middle and upper classes are beneficiaries of a lot of subsidies. I do believe that the middle and upper classes have to start paying free market for many benefits. As an example there is no reason for free and discounted tickets for women across economic strata.
The fact that Karyakartas are also getting upset about ghost tells us about why TMC like parties win in times of demographic changes. The Indic vote is like a weathervane.
when no one has the testimonials to go near the "farmers" why take it out on the BJP.

a mere handful of khalistani arthiyas have held the three pillars of our "democracy" to public ransom

the GoI has much bigger fish to fry.

many "reforms" demanded by the bhakts are either not feasible or may cause major instability in the govt.

look at how the global anti Hindu vermin coalesced over some farmers' laws that were wholly to the farmers' benefit and were being demanded for decades by the farming communities across India

and again look at how these same vermin have united over the alleged mismanagement of the 2nd corona wave.

we are OK as far the taxes go. some give and take is to be expected. tax giveaways kick in just before the elections.

where does one expect the GoI to get the money from anyway.

In these times of global uncertainty, do you expect them to dig into their reserves or borrow from somewhere and land up in the schitt.

no one knows how the pandemic is going to play out and what is the end game. Until there is some clarity, just pay through the nose because that is the safest option for the govt. It may not be so happy for you.

or do you want them to do what that no hoper sardar and eyetalian mafia major domo and the southern pilferers did to the economy and leave a huge hidden hole in the accounts using financial legerdemain and monetary thuggery.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Tanaji wrote:Only for Chetakji as this news concerns his idol :P :mrgreen:

https://indianexpress.com/article/busin ... s-7301581/

Raghuram Rajan: Lack of leadership, complacency behind India’s Covid-19 crisis

With a picture in all his glory as well.
Tanaji saab,

why are you instigating me.

I already have a warning hanging over my head.

3R has grown in stature ever since he departed.

earlier, he was just a small time m0r0n.

and now, he is a much bigger one.

who will tell this woke, triple distilled, geographically challenged moron that his advice is superfluous
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

chetak wrote:
Jarita wrote:
when no one has the testimonials to go near the "farmers" why take it out on the BJP.
Sorry, there are lot of tax reforms that could have done without backlash.
1) Tax agricultural income more than 1 cr. This would have never faced any Backlash.
2) Tax the capital gains on property as soon as the proceeds are got rather than allow tax free runs for re investment. They even started taxing dividends then why not real estate proceedings?

The above two incomes are the way politicos launder money and this can also be a major source income but no PM or FM wants to touch it, do they? Taxes at the rate of 50% is not right at any scale on any commodity and adding 20% average of income tax, some of them pay 80% as taxes for fuel because indirect taxes are a way of double taxations for salaried individuals . For businessmen, it is not.
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

KVRaghaav ji, I understand your frustration but a bit of fact -check- tax agricultural income is reserved by the constitution for the states. Centre cannot tax it
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Center can tax it. Infact they had done it some time back and reverted. Income from Agriculture falls under income tax. Tax on Agriculture products falls under the state Ambit. Its as good as Center can tax income from Alcohol sales even though Excise tax is under state rules.
The modus operandi for all politicos is very simple Adrija Sir,
Suppose you have 30 lakh white money . Buy a property worth 60 lakhs with 30 lakh white and 30 lakh black. Then hold it for 2 years so that it goes to capital gains. Find a IT VT guy who buys property on full loan and sell him for 70 lakhs after appreciation. By then they have another 20 lakhs white money. Now you have total 90 lakhs white. Buy a property worth 1.8 cr with 90 lakhs white and another 90 lakhs black. Keep repeating this for every 2 years and in 10 years, imagine the wealth you can grow. Keep compounding for your lifetime which will be till you are 70-80 years old in politics.
Last edited by kvraghav on 04 May 2021 20:25, edited 2 times in total.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

We should understand that it's not related to any particular issue. Even if there were no law changes, the color revolution and protests would have been created. This has been true for decades.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Corruption in the BBMP is endemic, as well as, systematic and structured

what do they mean by "investigation"

book them for murder, the chaprasis as well as their politico masters who are running this racket.

an identical racket is running in dilli too by fixers of the paapi party

Bengaluru South MP Tejasvi Surya Alleges Irregularities And Anomalies By BBMP Officials Resulted In Fake Bed Scarcity In Silicon City

Bengaluru South MP Tejasvi Surya Alleges Irregularities And Anomalies By BBMP Officials Resulted In Fake Bed Scarcity In Silicon City

Harsha Bhat
May 4, 2021

MP Tejasvi Surya with MLAs Satish Reddy and Uday Garudachar

Snapshot
At a press meet on Tuesday evening, Bengaluru South MP Tejasvi Surya alleged that a nexus of officials and Arogya Mithras and staff of certain hospitals has been creating a shortage of beds in the city by blocking them for asymptomatic and home isolation patients, most of whom weren’t even aware of the same.

There are enough beds in Bengaluru city but none of them were available to people as war room personnel have been running a racket of false blocking beds and then allotting them to those they please, Bengaluru South MP Tejasvi Surya has alleged today in a press meet today.

An enraged Surya remarked that those involved in this racket will surely face a unpleasant end themselves as they have played with lives of hundreds of people who died without having access to beds despite there being enough of them available.

Along with MLAs Satish Reddy, Uday Garudachar and Ravi Subramanya, Surya ’exposed’ the workings of a group involving Arogya Mithras stationed at various hospitals, staff of the agency that is handling the war room, certain BBMP officials who have been ‘playing with the lives of people’ and assurged action against all those who have led to this ’fake scarcity of beds’ in Bengaluru.

After investigating data involving over 10,000 patients pertaining to distribution of bed, the procedure, protocol, time of booking, Surya said, they found dubious patterns of beds being blocked against names of patients who were in home isolation and the reallotment of the same to others.

Revealing details of patients, whose names have been changed to protect privacy, Surya apologised to all those who have lost their lives due to such corrupt practices and said the same has been brought to the notice of Chief Minsiter B S Yediyurappa who has assured strict action against those involved.

Surya also alleged that officials had been avoiding provision of data and only after he threatened to sit in protest outside the BBMP office late last night was he able to avail of the same.

Some patients they allege have been booked twice at the same hospital while in reality the patient when contacted by the MP’s office denied even being contacted by the BBMP about the allocated bed. “Arun has informed that he is asymptomatic and did not require or request any hospital bed,” said the release, divulging details of how the bed was blocked at Pristine Hospital and then unblocked only to have another patient blocke don the same bed in a matter of hours.

At Apollo, a patient who claimed was under home isolation and had no symptoms was shown as having an ICU bed blocked for her. Another case mentioned was of Narasimha who was booked in three hospitals and informed about none. “Surprising fact is that she did not even need hospitalisation. She has recovered and is stable now” said the release issued after the media address.

Sadly, another patient, who passed away, required an ICU but was booked a HDU bed at Apollo Jayanagar and wasn’t informed about it.

As per the release the fact that “a bed is blocked and the patient is admitted into the hospital within a span of few seconds shows the clear nexus between the Arogya Mitra at the hospital, the hospital incharge and the zone/108 bed booking incharge,”.

Alegging that this has resulted in a lot of wastage of beds, it said almost “50 per cent of the beds are unblocked after 12 hours. And that the share of unblocked beds against overall admissions indicate that a more deserving patient is denied a hospital bed for a person who is not even interested in getting admitted,”.

This is unpardonable, said Surya, given that people are dying all over and the sights haunt all those who have been working round the clock to save them.

Harsha is a staff writer at Swarajya.
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

Pratyush wrote:This oxygen crisis is an artificially created crisis. Because I don't recall it being so serious even at the peak of first wave. However, this time we have been seeing a clamour for oxygen even when the case load was well below the case load recorded in the last year.

What changed.
Really? Artificial crisis ?

Pratyush ji, I have managed to get a handful of cylinders with me for colleagues and coworkers who are unable to find hospital beds or have been put on a wait list. This is no artificial crisis. There is literally no oxygen available for people under home treatment. There's hardly enough for hospitals themselves. Delhi government has made it literally impossible to get a refill in Delhi. Haryana is not allowing refills from Delhi because entire Delhi has descended on Haryana. The last refill I got was over 100 km away from Delhi. Most of the 'oxygen langars' and NGOs are refilling small and medium sized cylinders (15 litre tops). For someone who's oxygen has dropped below 80, that won't last a day. I carry around cylinders in car covered up in dark blanket like a smuggler, flashing my FLW ID to cops from a distance ao they don't peek inside the car.

Even if you manage to get hold of a cylinder, the valves, regulators, flow meters, humidifier bottles etc. are unavailable. They are more precious than cylinders themselves. It took me scouring 10-15 medical stores and a lot of begging to get a few.

This new variant or strain is incredibly aggressive and even a lot of young, healthy and fit people are developing pneumonia by day 3 itself (yours truly included). Half the people I know who have recovered (median age 32 ish) are reporting they are in no position to resume work because they have been left so battered. Around a third of infected people I know have developed pneumonia of varying severity.

This is not the first time my work place has been hit with a covid wave, rather it's the fourth time. This is the first time however that such a large percentage of infected people require hospitalisation.

Breakthrough infection (for those with single / double dosage) has been observed in around 40% of vaccinated people in my vicinity. A few required oxygen supplementation (none with double dosage), so anecdotal evidence says vaccines aren't terribly ineffective and one should get them as soon as they can.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Hard to tell where the author's going with this write up. People are going for various things that aren't proven but that they can lay their hands on to reduce the risk. Too bad that the social distancing and masks aren't that popular.

For example, many had bought health insurances that aren't proven to be accepted in the time of need. All thinking that they won't have to break the bank. Similarly many gave votes, paid taxes, etc. without being proven to be useful against the chinese virus. Same for two drugs mentioned in the article remedisvir and fabiflu. Neither proven to be a silver bullet against the virus.

Many efforts are ongoing in each field to find an acceptable solution other than wearing mask. This includes ayurveda and yoga too.

Patanjali's trade practices are bit questionable but that's what the headline should have been rather than what it's.

To the author, please focus your skills towards all the ungodly profiteering that's going on right now that's magnitudes higher.
Patanjali's Coronil Sees Sharp Increase In Demand Even As Questions Persist Over Efficacy Of Kit To Cure Covid-19 Patients
https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/pata ... e-patients
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

BJP Loses Panchayat Elections in Ayodhya, Mathura and Varanasi

In A Major Setback, BJP Loses Panchayat Polls In Ayodhya, Varanasi & Mathura
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/15000-far ... econd-wave

“On 5 May, at least one thousand tractor-trolleys and other vehicles will start their march from Amritsar district alone to Delhi. We are expecting 10,000-15,000 people to part of our latest batch, which will go to Singhu-Kundli border. Since the agitation started on Delhi borders, this is our twelfth big batch that would be going. Smaller number of farmer batches keep continuously going and come back from Delhi borders on routine basis from many villages as well,” KMSC general secretary Sarvan Singh Pandher said to reporters.
Kaivalya
BRFite

Post by Kaivalya »

Has there been a successful push back for state responsibilities by the center or anyone? I find it ironical that

MH, KL, RJ,Delhi etc purposefully avoid lockdown but hcs are not doing anything. Kujli is busy complaining and giving out freebies like 5000 Rs for taxi drivers etc.

UP,TN etc. Are pressed by hcs to lockdown.

But the SCs want it to be state subject along with oxygen supply etc. :

https://www.telegraphindia.com/india/co ... id/1813378

Only thing coming out of this chaos is evil mudi rejine...

I wish there was some way to delineate responsibility and educate the public.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Given that the Chinese Communists have controlled the coronavirus effectively, I am puzzled as to why Kerala Communists have not managed to do the same. Could this be a matter of intentional sabotage?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

vera_k wrote:Given that the Chinese Communists have controlled the coronavirus effectively, I am puzzled as to why Kerala Communists have not managed to do the same. Could this be a matter of intentional sabotage?
There's hardly any doubt about it. GJ HC is also holding stand ups to blame the govt while there's hardly any prosecution on their part to set an example of criminal activities involved around various shortages or Friday gatherings that have been going on irrespective of the virus situation.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

kvraghav wrote:
chetak wrote:
Sorry, there are lot of tax reforms that could have done without backlash.
1) Tax agricultural income more than 1 cr. This would have never faced any Backlash.
2) Tax the capital gains on property as soon as the proceeds are got rather than allow tax free runs for re investment. They even started taxing dividends then why not real estate proceedings?

The above two incomes are the way politicos launder money and this can also be a major source income but no PM or FM wants to touch it, do they? Taxes at the rate of 50% is not right at any scale on any commodity and adding 20% average of income tax, some of them pay 80% as taxes for fuel because indirect taxes are a way of double taxations for salaried individuals . For businessmen, it is not.
You really hate BJP and want them to do Political suicide don't you, any tax on rich farmers will be told as atax on farmers, the next question like MSP will come that tomorrow what is the guarantee that 1cr limit will not be reduced to 20 000.

There is no objective rational discussion today, you sir are divorced from reality. Unless we can a meaningful beauracary with basic standards of poor improved there can be no logical decesion in this country
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Aditya_V wrote: You really hate BJP and want them to do Political suicide don't you, any tax on rich farmers will be told as atax on farmers, the next question like MSP will come that tomorrow what is the guarantee that 1cr limit will not be reduced to 20 000.

There is no objective rational discussion today, you sir are divorced from reality. Unless we can a meaningful beauracary with basic standards of poor improved there can be no logical decesion in this country
Don't take these type of posts seriously. It is the same people that start these posts after every election in which the results did not go as the BJP would like. They take advantage of members' depressed mood to push their agenda.

Ask them to write down their objections/peeves/suggestions for the goremint in an cogent and comprehensive manner and post/tweet/send it to the goremint....and none of these posters will respond.

Once the suggestions have been directly sent to the goremint, either the goremint will listen or not. Just post the link here for the record, and be done. Why carry on these endless whines on BRF? What effect will it have other than self-goal propaganda?
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

It costs more to store Pfizer vaccine than its manufacturing thus Pfizer wants to get rid of it. Almost all are getting Pfizer vaccination in USA ., which is free for general public with governments (state and federal) footing the bill.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Rsatchi wrote:Take the example of MAH such diverse people with such diverse ideologies can come together for, paraphrasing you 'Lootmaar' :shock: why not elsewhere and it they can get into Dilli then sky is limit for looting Na.
All these dramas have been tried before (as the other poster has pointed out). Nothing new. One time it was "JDU and RJD should lead" (they had just won Bihar), another time it was "AAP should lead", then "TMC should lead", then "MVA should lead"....and they all end up leading the charge up the garden path... :lol: :lol: