2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by chanakyaa »

Govt. did the wise thing by not doing something stupid (deploying reserve forces, lathe charge etc.), which would have led to more dead bodies, riots and completely turn the discourse against the govt. This is exactly pappu/pinky and kangressi cabal wants before the (UP/GE) elections. Instead, the law enforcement is doing its job.

I think getting rid of these khali movement masquerading as farmer movement, by using force, is not a big deal for the govt. The most difficult part of observing संयम. One small mistake, and these people will burn the country. In the meantime, police doing its work. Wouldn't be surprised if the bloodshed grows as the elections approach.

Two more Nihang Sikhs arrested in Singhu border lynching case after they were felicitated by fellow Nihangs
Earlier today another accused Narain Singh was arrested by Punjab police in his native village in Amritsar district. He had surrendered to the police after he was felicitated at the local gurudwara in his village, where he was presented with a garland of currency notes. He confessed before the police that angry after being told that Lakhbir Singh insulted the Guru Granth Sahib (hope some miscreant is not using these Nihangs to advance its political agenda), he had cut off his leg, and as a result, Lakhbir bled to death.
Best thing police did is let this criminal tell his own story to the media...

m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

chanakyaa wrote:...The most difficult part of observing संयम. One small mistake, and these people will burn the country...
I think that says a lot about our country. Sometimes I forget how f*cked up India actually is but this is a good reminder of the reality that GoI faces.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The only way a man can be effectively hidden for a brief moment is for him not to be alive.

Or be hidden by the centre.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Nihangs are not Sikhs anymore. They worship their own book which was allegedly "desecrated" by Mr Lakhbir Singh. Nihangs were warriors at one time but not any more. Today nihang do not work and live on Gurudwara donations.
vmalik
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vmalik »

Does the central government have data on the political leanings of Sikh soldiers? That's the only reason I can stomach on Namo going soft on these goons... Cant be having a mutiny at a time when you are staring down China. Also means that they will have to do away with region specific regiments in the coming years.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Karan M wrote:Nachiket exactly. Their political ambitions led to Hindus being genocided in Punjab, a full blown insurgency, and then consequently deep fault lines. She was heavily overrated imho and cared nothing for the common people. As they say beware of what you ask for. If we had her in power today, the so called majority would remain oppressed, India would be even more corrupt and our economic policies would lurch from disaster to disaster.
Some of us were alive and aware during the Indira Gandhi days. It was a time of poverty yes, but also a very dispiriting time. The "good and the wise" would constantly talk about how terribly we were doing, and how there needs to be "political will" to take decisions. And that's it, it just stopped with the talk. Nothing was ever done, everyone knew nothing would happen, no decisions would be taken, nothing would be executed, it will be the same-old same-old corrupt rentier system that would seemingly go on forever with no end in sight. Any field you can think of--economy, transportation, clean water supply, electricity, sports (oh what a hollow and cruel heartbreaking joke India's forays into the Olympics were. Or overseas test cricket.). "Garibi hatao" was a cruel and vicious mockery. All this was only good for making young people believe that the only way out was to become naxalites. Which then became a self-perpetuating business--overground intellectuals will generate more empty talk. Everything was calculated to make Indians feel like they are nothing, could achieve nothing, couldn't get anything done. To make them hate India.

The one big change came under Narasimha Rao, in 1991 with the opening up of the economy, unleashing the animal spirits of the Indian entrepreneur. After that, virtually nothing from the government side. Think of the scandalous stasis in military acquisitions under AK Antony.

Since 2014, the change in government operation has been like night and day for those of us who have seen Indira Gandhi's time. There are no revolutionary changes, but government has been just doing the things that for the past 67 years, they kept saying had to be done, but never did. Like the toilets, bank accounts, gas connections, and on and on. With no corruption to speak of. And the exponential increase in Olympic medal tally and cricket wins. We are not a superpower, but rapidly becoming a normal country, with normal levels of successes and failures, instead of constant talk and never even entering the arena with the intent to succeed.

In my circle, there are people who curse Modi and say things were better in the old days. They are nothing but the useless talk-shop parasites that flourished before Modi came along and showed what a normal, performing government looks like. No wonder they hate him.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Delicate topic:

What role did the victim's caste play in his brutal murder by the nihangs? I understand he was a Dalit Sikh. I have also read on BRF that Dalit Sikhs are actually the majority in Punjab, something I was not aware of all this time.

I know we have to step carefully when bringing caste into BRF, and also that we can't afford to alienate Jats (who are the majority of the agitators, right?) by talking too loudly about their caste superiority complex. Still, that may be the one factor that explains the sheer brutality of Lakhan Singh's murder, it fits the pattern of how "untouchables" who transgress are "taught a lesson" in other parts of India.

Are the nihangs themselves any particular caste? Are they all Jats by default or can any Sikh become a nihang by undergoing a process of training or initiation?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Probably off-topic, but who is most suited to become the Chief Economic Advisor currently?
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Some of us were alive and aware during the Indira Gandhi days. It was a time of poverty yes, but also a very dispiriting time.
Agree 100%. The most dispiriting song I heard over and over in my early school days was "Hum Honge Kaamyab Ek Din", itself copied word and tune from "We shall overcome someday". Coupled with 1982 Delhi Asian Games which were shown on DD where everyone except India were winning bagfuls of medals in almost every event, my young mind always rebelled, asking why "ek din"? Why not "kal, aaj, abhi"? I found the bleating tune only reinforced the pathetic, pleading lyrics.

I refused to join the school singing group because this song was almost mandatory, much to the consternation of my teachers. I proposed to compere the school events instead and used that to overcome my terror of public speaking, and after the song was sung, I commented something like "hope can become reality only when we "Arise, awake and stop not until the goal is reached" as Swami Vivekananda told us a century ago...". Everyone loved it :)
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

chetak wrote:Image

What the C System was unable to accomplish through the secular community. It is hoping to accomplish through the dharmik ones.

Nothing has changed.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

These "farmer's protests" have morphed into some kind of armed resistance movement.

Sadly, lessons were not learned from shaheenbagh and the dilli "protests" and the "farmer's protests" were allowed to take root that extended gradually to the
"farmers" clamping down on free movement of citizens restricting access to dilli via some of its major arterial access routes, strangling businesses and livelihoods, causing immense economic losses and affecting peace and tranquility, along with law and order.

The ongoing "farmer's protests" against the three farm laws are not merely narrow in scope but also primarily punjab-haryana driven and very specifically, a jat and jat sikh driven agenda supported by khalistani traitors and inimical desert cults.

It's fundamentally a regime change agenda and a BIF narrative supported by traitorous elements and a maneuver that has few takers outside of these two, jat and jat sikh communities.

It's time for India to teach pretty boy trudeau the lesson of his life and by that example extend it to the britshits and other countries poking their noses into India's internal affairs.

Start by restricting access to khalistani visas and reduce trade in items that affect their farmers directly, like the import of pulses from kaneda. Limit all direct flights to major cities only. To hell with WTO.

The illegal and unconstitutional Republic of Singhu is now a fully functional dictatorship[/b]

The illegal and unconstitutional Republic of Singhu is now a fully functional dictatorship

Who can set the people free? Modern capitalism. Yes, modern capitalism, for all its faults, is what sets people free from the brutal feudal system. Remember the 1991 revolution? It was nothing less than a rebirth for the Indian nation.

17 October, 2021
Abhishek Banerjee

Kapil Mishra writes to the President, requests to restore the fundamental rights of Delhi citizens

I have heard of the Indo-Pak border, as well as the Indo-China border. But if you have followed the news at any point during the last twelve months, you would have heard of this mysterious frontier known as “Singhu border.” Where exactly is this Singhu border?

That is how it all began. In Nov 2020, a group of so called protesters, originating somewhere in Punjab, began to smash their way across Haryana towards Delhi. When they arrived, they set up their camps on the highways and cut off all access to Delhi. It was a spectacle. India’s capital was suddenly under siege. And folks on all sides of the political divide began to call it “Singhu border.”

Yes, it was an innocuous term to begin with. It had probably already been in use by locals, to refer to the border between Delhi & Haryana. But suddenly, like Doklam or Siachen, everyone in India came to know about “Singhu border.”

This is not an isolated example. Other terminology commonly used for military deployments, was soon in use. The protesters said they had arrived with “rations” to stay all winter and more. As if there is no rice, wheat nor dal available in Delhi. As if grain to feed the protesters has to be carted all the way from Punjab. But it fed into the mentality that the protesters are troops of some kind, who need to have supply chains and stores in order to stay put in hostile territory.

Go watch the coverage at the time these protests began. Folks getting on their tractors and caravans to report as if on some kind of border conflict. How many people in this caravan? How much food are you carrying? And how do you plan to stay warm? And how long do you think you can stay put?

The answers were in a similar tone. This or that group of farmers is doing “kooch” they said. And we swallowed it. If someone died anywhere for any reason, they were declared “shaheed.” We let these assertions go by unchallenged. If the protesters were delusional, we all reinforced it.

The government pampered them by letting them set up a no-go zone right outside Delhi. That was the biggest mistake of all, right on the lines of Shaheen Bagh. The folks at Shaheen Bagh had their own illegal security forces and even some kind of “passport control.” I can only assume there was something similar happening at Singhu “border.”

Soon, their language became even more militant. Every Republic Day, the Indian Army marches down Rajpath with a show of tanks and fighter planes. The folks at Singhu border wanted to parody this with their own “tractor march.” Riding their tractors as if they are pretend tanks, they entered Delhi. There they plowed into police forces, trying to crush them under their big wheels. They should all have been arrested then and there.

Incidentally, at the time, I had written an article explaining that a tractor may feel like a tank just because it is big and loud, but it is not. I had noticed a number of viral videos showing the tractors overturning as people tried to ride them at reckless speed. A tank is very stable; it has a low center of gravity. A tractor is quite the opposite. It has a high center of gravity and is therefore prone to overturn if you try to ride it like a fool. But who needs physics when you have ‘liberalism’? Or a hereditary zamindari that comes with caste based political clout. And mafia like control over hapless farm laborers from poorer states and backward sections of society.

Anyway, I digressed. The storming of the Red Fort on Jan 26 should have been a watershed moment. It should have led to a spate of arrests and immediate folding up of this so called movement. It did not. The government let it pass.

What do we have now? We have exactly what you would expect. The illegal and unconstitutional Republic of Singhu is now a fully functional dictatorship. All law is martial, enforced by a fanatical religious police. And we have a poor farm laborer, a Dalit executed in full Taliban style, limbs chopped off and strung up publicly to bleed to death. Like the new Taliban, these protesters understand the power of the internet as a medium. So they made sure that the gruesome killing was captured on video and put up on social media. That is Indian liberalism today.

All they want is an “inclusive” society, for they are “country boys” enforcing their ancient “code of honor.” No, I am not talking of the folks at Singhu. I am talking about how the head of the British military recently described the Taliban.

This brings us to the question of religion and what role it played in the so called protest and in the setting up of the illegal Republic of Singhu. From Day one, it was clear that the protests had a very clear religious dimension. The so called leaders of this so called movement welcomed this religious dimension. They celebrated it. They played the religion card enthusiastically to win support for their cause. And they didn’t think twice about their supporters overtly displaying their support for Bhrindanwale. Even after their supporters stormed the Red Fort and planted a certain flag, they never once disavowed the religious card.

Religion and agricultural laws. It is the liberals who wove the two things together. And very explicitly so. Today when there is a horrific crime at the spot, the so called leaders of this movement cannot escape blame by pointing fingers at some religious sect.

Let’s ask this. Who brought the members of that religious sect there to guard the protest site? If the protesters saw themselves as civilians like the rest of us, they would have depended on the police to maintain law and order. But they didn’t. They saw themselves as an invading army out to seize hostile territory. That’s why they brought everything with them, from food supplies to their own armed forces, and presumably their own system of law.

Listen to the mediapersons talking to people at the spot. The protesters refer to the particular religious sect as the “fauj.” And they describe what happened to the poor laborer as a “sazaa.” Nobody challenges them on these assertions.

The liberals set up this illegal republic and its religious police force. They cannot excuse themselves now by blaming some religious sect. If Indian liberalism depends on armed religious police to make its case, then the gruesome murder of Lakhbir Singh is part of that liberalism.

There is also a message here for city dwellers, social media influencers, or anyone else who might be caught up in the sentimentalism around these protests. The image that these people have tried to project is that they are simple farmers, trying to protect their traditional way of life from the ruthless forces of modern capitalism.

In reality, these protesters are rich landholders who sit at the top of a brutal village hierarchy. These protesters did not jump out of some idyllic painting of village life, showing a man plowing the field with a pair of bullocks or a woman carrying a pot of water on her head. They protect a ruthless system that locks people into strict roles based on how they are born, into caste based and gender based roles. Look closely and you will realize that the man plowing the field might have wanted to become a doctor. The woman carrying the water on her head might have dreamed of becoming an engineer or a scientist. But the system that the zamindars follow does not allow for such hopes and dreams. Just see what they did to a poor Dalit farm laborer they suspected of stepping out of line, becoming a “government agent.”

Who can set the people free? Modern capitalism. Yes, modern capitalism, for all its faults, is what sets people free from the brutal feudal system. Remember the 1991 revolution? It was nothing less than a rebirth for the Indian nation. Everything around us is better today because of that moment. Who weakened the shackles of gender and caste? Who set our dreams free? It was modern capitalism.

But that revolution did not touch the agricultural sector. These three new agricultural laws are a way for economic reform to touch the lives of 55 percent of Indians who depend on agriculture. No, they don’t have to flee from the villages. They don’t have to live dismal lives in big city slums because they know even that is better than being a serf in the village. But the zamindars don’t want change. They want the old system to continue. They want everyone to live and die within the old informal system. Because it works for them (and only for them).

You know the word ‘annadata’ is an old form of salutation in the villages. Those who actually work the land had to use this salutation to address those who own the land. If they didn’t show the zamindars enough respect, the poor laborers used to risk being thrashed. That is the system the zamindars want to keep. That is why they have gathered at Singhu, demanding that we address them as “annadata.”

Go back and watch the video again, if you dare. Look into the eyes of poor Lakhbir Singh, begging for his life. And tell me now: which system do you like better?
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

chetak wrote:These "farmer's protests" have morphed into some kind of armed resistance movement.

Sadly, lessons were not learned from shaheenbagh and the dilli "protests" and the "farmer's protests" were allowed to take root that extended gradually to the
"farmers" clamping down on free movement of citizens restricting access to dilli via some of its major arterial access routes, strangling businesses and livelihoods, causing immense economic losses and affecting peace and tranquility, along with law and order.
Sorry but I said so almost an year ago that this "agitation" around Delhi can go on forever. The day they started replacing some tents with brick structures with zinc sheet roofing it should have been clear that they are building new "jhuggis" on government land in a city where the real estate is as expensive or more expensive than Zurich, London, Dubai or NYC. These so called "farmers" aren't going anywhere. With permanent structures they have converted the entire area into a slum and their stupid symbolic protest can go on for decades. None of the temporary jhuggis built in Delhi over the last few decades have been dismantled, infact in the last assembly elections those living in illegal buildings were promised proper papers by both AAP and BJP, so i have no reasons to believe it will be any different with Singhu.

Its not the jobless, alcohol and drug addicted laborers who are currently occupying highways the problem but their leaders. This is where Amit Shah's decision baffles me. These agro-terrorist leaders who have invested hundreds of crores on sustaining these riots should have been picked up one by one, even their Australia, Canada, UK settled families who in the early days were visiting these "protests" with some romantic notion of rebellion for their instagram albums should have also been fair game, but absolutely nothing was done.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nihang sikhs butcher a lower caste sikh man, justifying the heinous act on some specious grounds of "blasphemy"

who says that it is not a caste war.

No Sikh priest attends cremation of Lakhbir Singh after Sikh body ordered not to perform religious rituals, villagers stay away from last rites

The Sri Guru Granth Sahib Satkar Committee did not grant permission for Lakhbir Singh’s cremation as per the Sikh rehat Maryada, saying the family can perform only last rites without religious rituals

17 October, 2021
OpIndia Staff

Upper caste hegemony and denial of decent last rites

The ‘Savarn’ (upper caste) Sikhs in the Cheema Kalan village in the Tarn Taran district of Punjab had earlier objected to bringing the mortal remains of Lakhbir Singh to his native place. The Sri Guru Granth Sahib Satkar Committee had not granted permission for the deceased’s cremation as per the Sikh rehat Maryada (Sikh code of living). President of Satkar Committee, Tarlochan Singh, said, “We will not allow the family of Titu to cremate him as per the Sikh rehat maryada. His cremation will take place in the village, but his last rites will not be allowed to be performed in the Sikh tradition.” He stated that the decision was taken following a meeting during which a ‘gurmata’ was passed.

National Commission for Scheduled Castes raised objection

On Saturday, the National Commission for Scheduled Castes raised objection for denial of decent last rites to Dalit labourer Lakhbir Singh. Chairperson Vijay Sampla stated, “This is against the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989. The villagers are not allowing the last rites of the deceased. I have spoken to the DGP and asked him to take cognisance of the matter and take strict action against the perpetrators.”

He added, “I have heard stories about the kind of atrocities that would be carried out by the Taliban and the ISI, but these kinds of things would not happen in our country. They do now. It is heartbreaking. Earlier, the Chairperson of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes had directed the Haryana DGP and State Chief Secretary to provide a report on the brutal lynching of Lakhbir Singh.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Is there any truth to this.......... Can someone knowledgeable please confirm
Akal Takht jathedar is Dalit. Many priests and Raggis are Dalits. There is no Dalit angle into this murder.
Both accused in Singhu murder case, Narain Singh and Sarabjit Singh, are from Dalit community (Majhabi Sikhs. Also called Rangrate Sikhs).

This information is provided by Lovepreet Singh, son of Narain Singh.

Victim Lakhbir Singh was also from Dalit community.
via@kamalsinghbrar 5:19 pm · 16 Oct 2021
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Its not the jobless, alcohol and drug addicted laborers who are currently occupying highways the problem but their leaders. This is where Amit Shah's decision baffles me. These agro-terrorist leaders who have invested hundreds of crores on sustaining these riots should have been picked up one by one, even their Australia, Canada, UK settled families who in the early days were visiting these "protests" with some romantic notion of rebellion for their instagram albums should have also been fair game, but absolutely nothing was done.
+1 Ambarji.

The present government acts as if it has a minority in parliament propped up by the MPs that support the agitation. I think Shah Modi gang is more concerned about the optics of the situation for the liberal gang rather than the security aspect of it.

The agro terrorists have methodically raised the stakes and the provocations in a well calibrated manner. At each point, the present government has been found lacking and emboldened the agro terrorists. I wonder what the next step will be?

I hope they declare independence and a republic. Maybe that will wake up Amit Shah. Or not.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

^^absolutely, capitalism is subversive in panjab. More than even meritocracy.

Industry on a large scale will relegate a certain landowner caste to the medieval era where it belongs. I have no hope for panjab as long as the GOI keeps pumping tax payer monies into the current system of agriculture.

At least Hindus can and do flourish in other parts of India and the globe.
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

I hope MAD have some strategy in the comforts of Lootyens. Because in the hopes of PoK we might end up loosing WB and Punjab. Who knows Kejri will be dreaming of becoming PM of Khalistan and Didi in WB. Unless the guilty are flogged and punished this is a nice template for all Indian states. Meanwhile Rome will burn Nero will fiddle some more innocents hands will be amputated. What to do just collateral damage sacrifice for Bharatmata or God knows some other Stan
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Ajit Bharati verbalizing in his usual eloquent, humorous, sardonic way what we all currently feel .
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

This is probably a good time to start deweaponising these Nihangs. Can’t have medieval times going on in 2021.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

If my memory serves me right, Nihangs were the ones who opened the gate of Babri Masjid and did havan to reopen the temple of Sri Ram during British era. Sad to see what they’ve become now.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Tanaji wrote:
+1 Ambarji.

The present government acts as if it has a minority in parliament propped up by the MPs that support the agitation. I think Shah Modi gang is more concerned about the optics of the situation for the liberal gang rather than the security aspect of it.

The agro terrorists have methodically raised the stakes and the provocations in a well calibrated manner. At each point, the present government has been found lacking and emboldened the agro terrorists. I wonder what the next step will be?

I hope they declare independence and a republic. Maybe that will wake up Amit Shah. Or not.
The BJP needs to win in UP and there are no ifs and buts. A win in UP will bolster the chances of the BJP taking many other states as well. A loss in UP will probably ensure losses in some other states and at best, only a few small wins

It is the key to 2024, along with winning in other states. If UP is lost, the chance for the ancient civilization ends for a very long time and demographics will also catch up in the meanwhile.

If not the BJP winning, then whoever wins in 2024, (after taking UP) will slaughter the majority legally, ideologically, and economically.

the opposition, BIF, and the khalistani punks doing the "farmer's protests" know this very well and so they are pulling out the stops.

Have you ever seen any "protests" in independent India being done like this or having so many well heeled offshore fund and resource providers so eager to continue "support" for the "farmer's protests" for such a length of time.

Surely, there are many inimical foreign govts also in play using their intelligence agencies/NGOs to control, guide, and bribe the "protesters"

this govt is doing exactly what cassius clay did best, his rope a dope tactic to tire out his opponents.

The "farmer protesters" are planning to block trains on a nationwide scale in a few days as part of the "farmer's protests". It will be another drama to provoke violence from the govt authorities. The congis and commies will play their usual parts.

Rolling back the farm laws is just the beginning. They will rapidly scuttle NRC, CAA, and also the UCC and ensure that no one can touch the education bill or surrender control of temples to the Hindus

All of them have their greedy eyes on the Hindu wealth and temple funds
Last edited by chetak on 17 Oct 2021 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

If not the BJP winning, then whoever wins in 2024, (after taking UP) will slaughter the majority legally, ideologically, and economically.
I have no doubt what you say is true. But at some point one has to step back and ask ourselves whether a BJP win is worth the price of having a full blown lawless nation less than 100 km from Delhi, with all the attendant National security risks. Rajdharma would dictate that this issue be solved first, at the cost of a BJP win.

Yes this is a well funded, well oiled operation. But Modi and Shah took the oath of office, so it is their duty to solve this at whatever cost.
Rolling back the farm laws is just the beginning. They will rapidly scuttle NRC, CAA, and also the UCC and ensure that no one can touch the education bill or surrender control of temples to the Hidus
Exactly. All the more reason to stop this menace now not later. Because later there will neither be a BJP win nor will there be any nationalists left and we will have Khalistanis ruling Delhi with Lavanasurs blessings.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

chetak wrote:
Rolling back the farm laws is just the beginning. They will rapidly scuttle NRC, CAA, and also the UCC and ensure that no one can touch the education bill or surrender control of temples to the Hindus

Last time i checked two years after CAA became a act the rules are yet to be formed. Similarly, the farm bills that were passed with such urgency have been put on hold for 3 years or in other words for just as long as the remaining years of the current government. Strictly speaking from a political perspective, what exactly did BJP gain by CAA or Farm bills both of which are on the backburner today ? Aam junta is asking the same question too if all the law and order problems that our cities have been facing for two years now, what is the cost-benefit of these acts ?

From a security stand point, at almost 77 yrs of age maybe its time to thank Ajit Doval for his services. After 7 yrs maybe its time to bring in someone with a fresh perspective.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Tanaji wrote:
I have no doubt what you say is true. But at some point one has to step back and ask ourselves whether a BJP win is worth the price of having a full blown lawless nation less than 100 km from Delhi, with all the attendant National security risks. Rajdharma would dictate that this issue be solved first, at the cost of a BJP win.

Yes this is a well funded, well oiled operation. But Modi and Shah took the oath of office, so it is their duty to solve this at whatever cost.
That does not mean that the Modi and Shah duo will give up their fundamental objective and I for one will not ask for such a solution. Their duty is to protect the majority of the law abiding, even at the cost of some genuine discomfort to some affected people.

Business as usual is going on in dilli, albeit with some restrictions. the rest of the problems are because of covid and it has nationwide ramifications because it needs to be controlled, even if some guys need to be kicked hard to mask up

the farmer's agitations have no effect on people outside dilli, baring maybe some in haryana and punjab. The rest of the country doesn't give a rats

people who have objections can always vote with their feet and be done with it

The UP elections are not too far away.

If the govt has waited so far, they will wait till the elections.

the return of Modi and yogi is a nightmare scenario for a lot of the congis, commies, wokes, and the BIF including foreign govts beholden to huge companies.

some gora aholes like soros want no borders in any country, other aholes want no govts in any country but insist on a world govt still others are already in nuthouses for trying to propagate foolish ideas like this.

So, just take your pick.

Sink or swim, I will continue to remain a bhakth
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Ambar wrote:
chetak wrote:

Last time i checked two years after CAA became a act the rules are yet to be formed. Similarly, the farm bills that were passed with such urgency have been put on hold for 3 years or in other words for just as long as the remaining years of the current government. Strictly speaking from a political perspective, what exactly did BJP gain by CAA or Farm bills both of which are on the backburner today ? Aam junta is asking the same question too if all the law and order problems that our cities have been facing for two years now, what is the cost-benefit of these acts ?

From a security stand point, at almost 77 yrs of age maybe its time to thank Ajit Doval for his services. After 7 yrs maybe its time to bring in someone with a fresh perspective.
baring maybe two states, the farm laws are working in all other states.

putting on hold is just a ploy. the farmers are already using the new laws. APMCs are already dead ducks in most states.

In punjab, the transfer of sales proceeds is through land records tied to land ownership. Details are being worked out as per amarinder himself and it cannot be stopped because it has gone too far.

next, they will expose the benami land ownership details, cutting many khalistani throats in kaneda and the US. Digitizing land records is to expose the benami emigrant owners as the khalistanis well know it.

No politico ahole is willing to jeopardize his vote banks by taking on the farmers who are using the new farm laws to sell their produce. onion merchants are shedding tears of blood.

In modi's tenure, onion prices have not spiked even once because buffer stocks are being released in time without resorting to expensive emergency imports.

In fact, the next release of buffer stocks of onions is already underway because continuous rains have adversely affected local stock holdings, and thus local prices

AD is doing just fine. He has the trust of AS and NM.

As usual, the final call remains with AS and NM.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Supreme court has put the farm laws on hold, there is no question of any state using the new laws. Even before the Supreme Court's decision, the Min.of Agriculture had proposed to put the laws on hold. Farmers selling directly to buyers outside of APMC has been discussed to death here during the early days of this mess, it is nothing new. There are multiple states where APMC does not even exist including Bihar and Kerala, more than 90% of the farmers don't get MSP, just 23 crops are covered by MSP, so majority of the farmers and produce goes outside of APMC and MSP as is.

As for onions, the memories seems to be short here , both 2019 and in 2020 onion prices spiked . This year everything has spiked so people are just lost if they should make memes on onions or dal or rajma or edible oil or petrol.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Ambar wrote:Supreme court has put the farm laws on hold, there is no question of any state using the new laws. Even before the Supreme Court's decision, the Min.of Agriculture had proposed to put the laws on hold. Farmers selling directly to buyers outside of APMC has been discussed to death here during the early days of this mess, it is nothing new. There are multiple states where APMC does not even exist including Bihar and Kerala, more than 90% of the farmers don't get MSP, just 23 crops are covered by MSP, so majority of the farmers and produce goes outside of APMC and MSP as is.

As for onions, the memories seems to be short here , both 2019 and in 2020 onion prices spiked . This year everything has spiked so people are just lost if they should make memes on onions or dal or rajma or edible oil or petrol.

no one gives a schitt about the who "stopped" it

farmers are selling outside the mandis and also directly to companies. They have formed groups to get better prices and are on whatsapp to know the latest prices and market requirements. There is inter and intragroup selling as well.

State govts are not able to do jackschitt. Railways are already providing special coaches for the movement of such cargo. what more govt help do the farmers need. Farmers are already enforcing the rigid payment obligations incumbent on the buyers as laid out in the farm laws and the sellers are obliging them or they get blacklisted. BTW, a lot of ex middlemen have become eager and trusted buyers because much of the sales are outside the mandis.

APMC guys are mostly doing vidhwa vilap these days

So, let's see who complains and thereafter lives to see the sunset.

The onions prices spiking then and spiking now are very different in scale.

Tomatoes are now going at Rs 50 per kilo due to the rains which have damaged the current crop when the normal price at this time of the year is Rs 10 per kilo. A price rise is happening for other veggies too, again because of the continuous rains.

veggie prices spike after two, three days of continuous rains and that is just a supply side issue. Nothing evil about it, not like the premeditated, artificial nation wide shortages created after carefully signing private import contracts and having fully laden ships waiting at anchorage at major ports ready to unload after the panic buying starts and retail prices skyrocket.

no ahole makes statements in the parliament saying that this year's pulses crops are poor so we will be importing so many xxxx million tons of dals, thus wilfully driving up global prices, again after slyly signing private contracts for the same xxxx million tons of dals. Other nations keep secret such sensitive NATSEC information so as not to drive up the global prices, especially a massive consumer country like India

ditto for aholes flooding the global markets with Indian sugar and driving down the prices and profiting again

every seller now knows not to hoard onions or pulses, not when buffer stocks of this govt are always high and their timely release to markets assured at controlled prices.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

vimal wrote:If my memory serves me right, Nihangs were the ones who opened the gate of Babri Masjid and did havan to reopen the temple of Sri Ram during British era. Sad to see what they’ve become now.

There are many many types of Nihangs each group with their own leaders. Just like there are akharas for Sadhus.

Nihang means "a male person who will remain ascetic without any family or job and will fight for DharmYudh" These new age nihangs are nor ascetics, neither soldiers or saints. They are morphed into their own religion.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

This exasperation of the common folk with the continuous protests, to the extent of rethinking the need for these farm laws, is the ultimate objective of these protests. They tried the same thing for the CAA and would most likely try the same for UCC when it comes along. This is not new, actually. Even the ABV era was dominated by the "big bad hindutva" narrative using obliging activities of the VHP or bajrang dal, or riff-raff like the Ram sene types. Some bjp voters back then used to feel that BJP brings along such people, at least things would be quieter with the congress, despite their corruption, etc. Lots of parallels with these current protests dominating the narrative.

That people on BRF are falling for this is quite surprising.

Neither Modi nor Shah got to where they are without fighting some tough battles. If they are not acting with an iron fist, they must have a good reason for it. It will get revealed in time, perhaps the UP/PJ elections. No one knows it better that perception is important during elections and the continued inaction would erode support among the common people.
Last edited by arshyam on 18 Oct 2021 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Karan M wrote:Nachiket exactly. Their political ambitions led to Hindus being genocided in Punjab, a full blown insurgency, and then consequently deep fault lines. She was heavily overrated imho and cared nothing for the common people. As they say beware of what you ask for. If we had her in power today, the so called majority would remain oppressed, India would be even more corrupt and our economic policies would lurch from disaster to disaster.
Some of us were alive and aware during the Indira Gandhi days. It was a time of poverty yes, but also a very dispiriting time. The "good and the wise" would constantly talk about how terribly we were doing, and how there needs to be "political will" to take decisions. And that's it, it just stopped with the talk. Nothing was ever done, everyone knew nothing would happen, no decisions would be taken, nothing would be executed, it will be the same-old same-old corrupt rentier system that would seemingly go on forever with no end in sight. Any field you can think of--economy, transportation, clean water supply, electricity, sports (oh what a hollow and cruel heartbreaking joke India's forays into the Olympics were. Or overseas test cricket.). "Garibi hatao" was a cruel and vicious mockery. All this was only good for making young people believe that the only way out was to become naxalites. Which then became a self-perpetuating business--overground intellectuals will generate more empty talk. Everything was calculated to make Indians feel like they are nothing, could achieve nothing, couldn't get anything done. To make them hate India.

The one big change came under Narasimha Rao, in 1991 with the opening up of the economy, unleashing the animal spirits of the Indian entrepreneur. After that, virtually nothing from the government side. Think of the scandalous stasis in military acquisitions under AK Antony.

Since 2014, the change in government operation has been like night and day for those of us who have seen Indira Gandhi's time. There are no revolutionary changes, but government has been just doing the things that for the past 67 years, they kept saying had to be done, but never did. Like the toilets, bank accounts, gas connections, and on and on. With no corruption to speak of. And the exponential increase in Olympic medal tally and cricket wins. We are not a superpower, but rapidly becoming a normal country, with normal levels of successes and failures, instead of constant talk and never even entering the arena with the intent to succeed.

In my circle, there are people who curse Modi and say things were better in the old days. They are nothing but the useless talk-shop parasites that flourished before Modi came along and showed what a normal, performing government looks like. No wonder they hate him.
Agree on all points. A single family and their sycophantic groupism reduced India to literally an economic basket case, suppressed our civilization and sent our best and brightest abroad. I don't know how we can see her in glowing terms. Her only real success was 1971, whose gains won by excellent IA, IAF, IN leadership were frivolously squandered by her on the negotiation table. She was poorly educated, poorly read, ruthless, shrewd and extremely megalomaniacal. The last three made her successful as a politician no doubt but she lacked the empathy and awareness to actually do good for the nation.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Tanaji wrote:

Rolling back the farm laws is just the beginning. They will rapidly scuttle NRC, CAA, and also the UCC and ensure that no one can touch the education bill or surrender control of temples to the Hidus
Exactly. All the more reason to stop this menace now not later. Because later there will neither be a BJP win nor will there be any nationalists left and we will have Khalistanis ruling Delhi with Lavanasurs blessings.
To be honest 90% of India isn't that physically affected (economic, social) with what's going on in Delhi Punjab or even Kashmir. The deaths of our soldiers in Kashmir, and the targeting of our people are unacceptable no doubt, but that just shows our standards have (thankfully) risen from the abysmal levels in the earlier decades.

But purely from the economic and social unrest factor, most of India is unaffected and the economy is getting back on its track. Given this fact, Modi and Shah can do the waiting game.

One thing I've noticed about the duo is they are completely focused on whatever their aim is and rarely care or heed about how their image or perception is being attacked etc, unless it's really a big deal. They decide on a game plan and go for it. Sometimes it fails. But any action on the farmers and protesters would be seen to backfire given UP elections (my guess), so they are playing the long game.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

chanakyaa wrote:Govt. did the wise thing by not doing something stupid (deploying reserve forces, lathe charge etc.), which would have led to more dead bodies, riots and completely turn the discourse against the govt. This is exactly pappu/pinky and kangressi cabal wants before the (UP/GE) elections. Instead, the law enforcement is doing its job.

I think getting rid of these khali movement masquerading as farmer movement, by using force, is not a big deal for the govt. The most difficult part of observing संयम. One small mistake, and these people will burn the country. In the meantime, police doing its work. Wouldn't be surprised if the bloodshed grows as the elections approach.
My take is simple. We need to heavily invest in anti riot gear and upscale RAF so we can suppress rioters without deaths abd police firing. That loses them their propaganda effect abd protects our law enforcement people too.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

INC wala Mnish Teari is syaing this. Something's off.

https://twitter.com/ManishTewari/status ... 37186?s=20
Foremost National Security challenge South Asia will face in next 5 yrs is Sunni Islamic Radicalisation& Extremism below conventional terror threshold.Taliban’s victory is a harbinger Will lead to both Inter-faith & even Intra-Islam Counter Polarisation
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Appealing to jump parties no doubt along with Singhvi and Surjewala.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Karan M wrote: My take is simple. We need to heavily invest in anti riot gear and upscale RAF so we can suppress rioters without deaths abd police firing. That loses them their propaganda effect abd protects our law enforcement people too.
My thoughts too. We seem to swing between extreme options: (a) Do nothing (b) Bullets

There are levels in-between. Ability to deploy measured force to get the job done without casualties. Of course, the enemy will also play his game & arm some of these miscreants with guns etc. But a professional force with proper riot-gear, water cannons, rubber bullets *alongwith* proper video footage and official press debriefings, can ensure that we can break these protests with broken bones at worst.

We should even explore options like laser dazzlers, sound-waves that unnerve people, microwaves that make you feel like you're burning etc. Fund such research by the IITs, DRDO etc. For a country like India, R&D in such non-lethal riot-breakers is a crucial ongoing investment
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:
Agree on all points. A single family and their sycophantic groupism reduced India to literally an economic basket case, suppressed our civilization and sent our best and brightest abroad. I don't know how we can see her in glowing terms. Her only real success was 1971, whose gains won by excellent IA, IAF, IN leadership were frivolously squandered by her on the negotiation table. She was poorly educated, poorly read, ruthless, shrewd and extremely megalomaniacal. The last three made her successful as a politician no doubt but she lacked the empathy and awareness to actually do good for the nation.
she was decisive is the only thing you can say about her.

her decisiveness was however limited to her topmost priorities, which were herself, her family, her party (especially the one she split and the faction that she ruled with an iron hand), and the nation which came much further down the line.

everything about her is defined by the 1971 victory. People rarely see the fiasco where which she egoistically squandered away at the hospitality table, everything that the soldiers had won for her, due to her naivety, her utter lack of strategic understanding, her shallow intellect, and her circle of pompous, sycophantic, and self serving advisors, a lot of them were ambitious cashmeris on the make.

She sidelined manekshaw which was her ungratefulness epitomized and her sycophantic babooze withheld his entitled pension and legally due payments per his rank. This was only corrected decades later by President APJ Abdul Kalam when he went to see manekshaw on his deathbed and was shocked to discover just how the venomous babooze had shortchanged manekshaw.

her eyetalian daughter in law learned the lessons well and vengefully denied APJ Abdul Kalam his well deserved second term and indeed her priorities also remain herself, her family, and her party which she uses to subvert democracy and actively promote rome rajya.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:Appealing to jump parties no doubt along with Singhvi and Surjewala.
he has been sidelined in punjab by an imported upstart and an ambitious interloper
RajaRudra
BRFite

Post by RajaRudra »

In my view, govt is waiting for the winter. I am not at all concerned with Farmer-Broker nautanki.
Whenever govt really wants, this thing can be closed in 3 days flat. Some one along the line is spending the money on keeping things going as it is in the protest. In a way, it is like fuel is getting spent on keeping a large vehicle from going down(no hand brake!). Let them spend the time and money on this better.

As for as what ever happening in the union territory of Jammu Kashmir and the lose we are getting in the form of non Muslims losing the lives. Until and unless people start reacting and giving back things in JK itself or other parts of the country, this things cannot stop. Government can at best try to reduce this by giving occasional thappads(can expect this by this winter) to Pakistan and neutralizing the jihadis here and there in JK.

Issue is people of certain peaceful community getting radicalized enmase and perfectly thinks it is their right and religious duty to kill others. Here, it is South Asia, it is Hindus the target. Until the common people of that peaceful community start feeling they will are not safe anymore, the peace cannot be achieved.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Prem Kumar wrote:...
But a professional force with proper riot-gear, water cannons, rubber bullets *alongwith* proper video footage and official press debriefings, can ensure that we can break these protests with broken bones at worst.

We should even explore options like laser dazzlers, sound-waves that unnerve people, microwaves that make you feel like you're burning etc. Fund such research by the IITs, DRDO etc. For a country like India, R&D in such non-lethal riot-breakers is a crucial ongoing investment
Agree with above. Would like to add that in addition to equipment for immediate countering of rioters there should be punitive action by the state, on a escalating ladder basis, in the form of monetary penalties, locking of bank accounts, attachment of residence/properties, blacklisting and removal of government scheme benefits
... of course this needs fool proof identification (using ELINT and HUMINT) but a start was made (for eg by Yogi in UP).

An action which can have serious financial repercussions on not just the perpetrator but his family family also and that too for years to come, can be a more convincing dissuading factor..