2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Aditya_V »

Farmers Riots will be Polically costly and see what the Narrative has been changed, the CAA protests and North East Delhi riots have been Deliberatly Erased from Public memory and now this Hindu- Sikh enimity has been built up. It is not an accident.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

is fab India trying to rename the Hindu festival of Diwali as ‘jashn-e-riwaaz’

The company is owned by an ameriki william bissell, son of john bissell, settled in India, and funded by the fraud foundation

Fabindia was established in the year 1960 by John Bissell, an American beneficiary of the Ford Foundation. He had come to India as adviser to the Cottage Industries Emporium on a Ford Foundation Grant.
via OpIndia

what on earth would an ameriki know about Cottage Industries Emporium products but under a prejudiced neverwho, all white skinned goras had a free run in India and their allegedly superior intellect was unquestionable by any brown skinned mortals, all of whom were deemed to be inherently of lesser intellectual capacity and cultural accomplishments

so, here we are being presented and force fed with images of bindi less models who are the new cultural representatives of this BIF ordained ‘jashn-e-riwaaz’

also, note that all their earrings are all the dangly izl@mic kind and other jewelry are also distinctly non Indic

this company has now deleted all the crap that they had put out earlier about this highly offensive "jasn-e-riwaaz"

Image Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ Tweet.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

They might have deleted the tweet. But they will be doubling down on the agenda. It is because of SM they are being exposed.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The same goes for the beedis too.

they have both proven to be lousy birds of the same izl@mi( feathers

further, close off the Indian markets from the TV broadcasts when the pakis and the beedis play

I think such things (India vs Pak match in upcoming ICC T20 World Cup) should be halted...so that Pak get a message that if they keep supporting terrorism, India will not stand by them on any matter: Bihar's Dy CM Tarkishore Prasad on recent targeted civilian killings in J&K
via@ANI
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Karan M wrote:
chanakyaa wrote:Govt. did the wise thing by not doing something stupid (deploying reserve forces, lathe charge etc.), which would have led to more dead bodies, riots and completely turn the discourse against the govt. This is exactly pappu/pinky and kangressi cabal wants before the (UP/GE) elections. Instead, the law enforcement is doing its job.

I think getting rid of these khali movement masquerading as farmer movement, by using force, is not a big deal for the govt. The most difficult part of observing संयम. One small mistake, and these people will burn the country. In the meantime, police doing its work. Wouldn't be surprised if the bloodshed grows as the elections approach.
My take is simple. We need to heavily invest in anti riot gear and upscale RAF so we can suppress rioters without deaths abd police firing. That loses them their propaganda effect abd protects our law enforcement people too.
+100

Our riot control capabilities are prehistoric. There are a few minor improvements from pulis in hawaii chappal carrying bamboo sticks, but a lot of things from equipment to tactics are same as 50 years ago.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

KLNMurthy wrote:Delicate topic:

What role did the victim's caste play in his brutal murder by the nihangs? I understand he was a Dalit Sikh. I have also read on BRF that Dalit Sikhs are actually the majority in Punjab, something I was not aware of all this time.

I know we have to step carefully when bringing caste into BRF, and also that we can't afford to alienate Jats (who are the majority of the agitators, right?) by talking too loudly about their caste superiority complex. Still, that may be the one factor that explains the sheer brutality of Lakhan Singh's murder, it fits the pattern of how "untouchables" who transgress are "taught a lesson" in other parts of India.

Are the nihangs themselves any particular caste? Are they all Jats by default or can any Sikh become a nihang by undergoing a process of training or initiation?
I believe the dalit Sikhs are 30-35% of the population of Punjab. Never treated equally by the dominant jats. Abused, discriminated, raped, exploited.

Why does the local BJP organizations not open talks with them ?
All this money wasted by the GoI on buying Rice, wheat which can never be processed or sold, which just rots, that money could be used to pay for good quality education, training for the low caste Sikhs.
The land owned illegally by US/Canada/UK Jat Sikhs, could be confiscated and redistributed.
My cousins in Punjab told me that one of the ways that the khalidstani terror was defeated was that the lower caste Sikhs were inducted into the police & other anti-terror units and they dealt with them.

Why doesn't the govt just cease buying rice from Punjab/Haryana? it is a desert, surely by buying it the GoI is just encouraging the desertification.
My last visit to Punjab just showed me what a terrible mess it is.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

The socio-economic structure of dalits in PJ is not the same it is else where in other northern states, the dalits in PJ are well represented in business, agriculture, bureaucracy and have also benefited from a large expatriate population. This is why Mayawati's BSP's twenty year investment in PJ has yielded them no more than 2 seats in the assembly. If BJP is to make any mark in PJ they need charismatic leaders in its fold . If and when the good Capt will float his own party, BJP's task in PJ will become even more difficult.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Deafening silence and inaction in cases like palgarh sadhus' lynching, Bengal poll violence, shaheen bagh, Delhi riots, farm law protests, renewed violence in Kashmir, unabated conversion rackets, latest voilence against hindus in BD, cross border terrorism continues to bleed us... My disappointment and disillution is growing.

Words matter, visible actions matter, to succour, to warn, to prevent, to prempt.

How long can this Govt be supported saying a lot is happening "behind the scenes" or some "master stroke" will come when anti-India, antinational, anti-hindu forces seem to run freely and new incidents continue to occur?

Whatever MAD are doing is NOT ENOUGH. Hey Ram rajya this is... :(
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Our minds have been colonized to such an extend that we are mentally slaves to the west.

Looks like Ban Diwali cracker campaign is being done by an NGO which is being sponsored/headed by BJP President JP Nadda's wife :cry:
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Going to Bharat at last this Thu 21Oct, tickets booked today.

Planning to stay in Hyd for a month. Will be great to have a BR meet in Hyd and meet any BRFites who are (or can be) in Hyd. Heck we can have a full blown conclave and party if there are lots of participants.

All Mods, Admins, Webmasters, Oldies, members, newbies, saars, jis, garus and gurus are welcome !
Please do let me know.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

^^ Why doesn’t the GoI stop procuring grains from Panjab/Haryana?

The most powerful force is not religion, it’s consumerist behaviour. Why don’t Delhi citizens decline the products?

It would be a fooking slap. They will discover that their religion is actually most reasonable and sweetly accommodative.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Cyrano wrote:Deafening silence and inaction in cases like palgarh sadhus' lynching, Bengal poll violence, shaheen bagh, Delhi riots, farm law protests, renewed violence in Kashmir, unabated conversion rackets, latest voilence against hindus in BD, cross border terrorism continues to bleed us... My disappointment and disillution is growing.

Words matter, visible actions matter, to succour, to warn, to prevent, to prempt.

How long can this Govt be supported saying a lot is happening "behind the scenes" or some "master stroke" will come when anti-India, antinational, anti-hindu forces seem to run freely and new incidents continue to occur?

Of late on BRF i see the sky is falling type posts that seem to be coming in (not specifically directed at your post Cyrano Saar, but in general). The govt is doing what it can while ensuring not biting more than it can chew. The govts response on violence in Kashmir and in Bangladesh can be somewhat limited. Bangladesh was a pre-planned conspiracy of a rumor and desecration and violence following immediately after. The govt cannot be seen going after the Sheikh Hasina govt as that is mostly pro-india from the lot of the remaining Bangla bandhus. We need them to sort out their mess, just as we don't like it if bangladesh or any other country were to talk on babri or CAA. its an internal matter that needs to be resolved by the elected govts there. having said that we should definitely call out the pseudo-secular that pour the Kashmiriyat and Hindu-Muslim Bhai Bhai trope and drive this point into people. that needs to come from people like Sanjay dixit and Ajeet bharati kinds along with SM and these incidents should also be used along with Afghanistan to show the importance of CAA, not fall and attack our own govt for which it can do little in this case.

the violence in kashmir was bound to rise with the changes in Afghanistan, has been said by many in this forum itself. We need to do periodic cleansing and also drive home the point to shame the valley secular/ KM's that they have not come out in protest of the killings of the minorities. These are same worthies that come out during Burhan Wanis and for stone throwing on to the streets. Syed Gilanis son seems to have lost his govt job and many more should follow with increased escalation by the govt to counter the violence. The govt can't force people to stay in kashmir either. This violence will only stop if the minorities in Kashmir say we will not move out, come what may. A few will get killed but the retribution that will follow will thin the militant ranks. this is a very selfish ask from my side as i don't have any friends or family to stay in Kashmir. but that is one way this can and will be done, more settlements with every cycle of violence and finally the locals understanding that if there is violence then more people from the rest of the country will come and settle in and these KM's becoming a minority in their own state.

people on the forum lamenting about CAA, Shaeenbagh and farm laws seem to have forgotten the Prime Ministers words on the same. (ironic if you see that most on this forum consider themselves as well wishers and supporters of the current govt). He was one of the earliest that said we can find out who are protesting based on their dress style and why the Sheenbagh was an experiment and even came a couple of times on TV to explain farm laws. But you can't wake people pretending to be asleep, right?

Rohitvats of BRF had a very good twitter thread explaining what the govt options were during the CAA and farm law issues and I agree with those.
https://twitter.com/KesariDhwaj/status/ ... 8311232512
It goes on to say the same things rehashed by a few on the forum. The CAA protests had many interested parties out to make heroes from the revolutions. The violence that followed during CAA protests were originally supposed to come out as a response to the govt and police heavy handedness. the govt didn't bite, but the violence followed through nonetheless loosing what ever little support they could muster in the country. The farm laws are the same issue, wanted the govt to shoot and kill protestors, so that a few martyrs could be made out for the cause to keep the fires burning and drive a wedge between communities and for the militancy to take shape in Punjab. Same thing, govt didn't take the bait. Now you have the protestors being reduced to complete caricatures. There are people who see them for what they are. If the govt had forcibly evicted them, shot them, the fires would be burning in different parts of the country under some pretext or other that govt should negotiate (isn't this what the govt is doing currently).

There seem to be a flurry of laws in Karnataka when it comes to Hindu temples after the Bommai govt seems to have come in. Ban on forced conversion, sale of beef near the temples, ban on entry of other religion vehicles in the Mangalore temple regions and so on. there has been barely any discussions on BRF on these. These should be encouraged and a template formed/refined which can be implemented all over the country.

People seem to bring up 303 at the drop of the hat. But 303 seats were not given for street violence (the govt has to take care of everyone and that includes those that didn't vote for it - that in essence is Ram Rajya). And neither can the govt that is in power do agitations, they are expected to solve the issue, against agitating on the account of being in power. It doesn't take long or many instances for 303 to become 220 or 240. Already we have people who seem to think that most of govt bills are controversial and must be done away with (this is mostly due to the continuous grating noises of protests). it doesn't take long for them to wish for earlier dispensation to be voted back just to have a peace of mind and go about their work without being bothered by anyone. I also think Bhau Torsekars view that the greatest threat to Modi is not from the opposition but by his supporters who are impatient seems to be coming true.

Also I think it was from Suraj San's article in the Swarajya magazine while trying to classify what party the BJP was, there was a point made that BJP prefers to bring a change in the society though order, unlike our comrades of Kerala or the lavanasur and his coterie in the nations capital that emphasizes on maximum disruption. Also in the absence of an opposition, most of the local parties are resorting to violence as they don't seem to have any other way to stop the BJP juggernaut electorally with the reforms that are being proposed. The Supreme Court is trying to play the responsible opposition whether out of misplaced priorities or trying to accumulate more power to themselves remains to be seen.

I ultimately see this as a game of Chess. You might want to finish the game in 5 or 10 moves or even get rid of the other player queen or rook, but that that must be done based on the board and not loosing out any major pieces from your end. if that means taking a much longer way/number of moves to do it it should be okay as long as you win the game. After all Chess is played for winning and not trying to finish the game in x number of moves.
Last edited by venkat_kv on 19 Oct 2021 08:39, edited 3 times in total.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

There are calls to not buy goods from EB and PJ
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Here are the first two of that series of articles I'm writing:
https://swarajyamag.com/politics/why-bj ... atic-party
https://swarajyamag.com/politics/hindu- ... -of-bharat

There's a funny dichotomy where BJP's opponents accuse it of being a right wing populist party (like Viktor Orban's Fidesz in Hungary) while a section of its supports decry its failure to become one.

BJP is a very Germanic party in my view of its preference for order and smoothness. You don't see messy CM gaddi fights in BJP. It happens, but its an isolated thing. The INC makes it an art form to mess things up. Modi's own elevation is a case in point - from nowhere to CMship without any major party crisis, and then to PM candidacy with others quietly stepping aside, relative to something like the INC Punjab issue.

In this regard the BJP is much like the CDU in Germany. Even the CDU's long time messaging is very order and stability focused. Every CDU leader has emphasized the societal order message, with a very lightly hidden reference to their dominant faith - Adenauer, Kohl, Merkel... even their political rivals craft a similar message of centrist stability, e.g. Schroeder's 'the Chancellor of the middle' ad.

But, this is about messaging. There will always be a gulf between messaging and actions. Political success and made and broken by this gulf. Sometimes, the messaging itself enables the act to be performed through popular conditioning. Sometimes it can't. The CDU's political failures lately (they most recently did their worst ever) is related to being unable to keep their words and actions close together.

I think the BJP comprehends this in that it doesn't try to overpromise, but on the other hand, this leaves many unsatisfied and wanting it to do more for their own causes.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

very well put venkat boss. Only one thing i would say that govt can do many things covertly to teach these thugs a lesson without seeming to be involved and I am not talking about pakis or chinkis.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Cyrano wrote:Deafening silence and inaction in cases like palgarh sadhus' lynching, Bengal poll violence, shaheen bagh, Delhi riots, farm law protests, renewed violence in Kashmir, unabated conversion rackets, latest voilence against hindus in BD, cross border terrorism continues to bleed us... My disappointment and disillution is growing.

All valid observations, but missing one additional observation. How much of the judiciary is actually neutral and willing to prosecute cases filed by the govt? We have seen so many high profile people, starting with the top echelons of the famiglia, perennially out on bail with no next hearing in sight. That for a cut-and-dried case like National Herald where the accused persons' own IT returns are the evidence? 2G was another botched case, which is now being sought to be re-opened. Multiple high-profile money laundering cases were filed (for ex, white vaisty's son), where are they now? Much was made out of following up on the post-poll violence in WB by the judiciary itself, but where is that effort today?

I know this sounds like making excuses, but filing a ton of cases and not being able to prosecute will also invite the wrath of the supporters, though the process of scheduling hearings and fast trials is fully within the judiciary's domain. This would be accompanied by commiserating editorials in various MSM outlets about the "mahaul" of fear in the country and a stout declaration of innocence of the accused (as opposed to presumption of innocence). Unless cases are filed and prosecuted in a time bound manner without fear or favour, any attempt to throw the books at the people behind the scenes (whose involvement is shady at best unlike the accused in the NH case) can backfire, and GoI would be left fighting a defensive battle that consumes most of their energy. Their hands are clearly tied w.r.t. the judiciary - recall that they tried to reform this pillar first in 2014 through the NJAC, which the SC threw out in a textbook case of conflict of interest. But that fact that they attempted this first shows how they wanted to approach the clean up, and now are not able to do a lot of things because of that setback.

Given the above, GoI seems to have chosen the path of identifying, isolating and neutralizing challenges and threats so the most of the country's population and the economy hums along. The arthiya protest is a classic example - the rest of the country does not bother and is going about its work without disturbance, though the GoI is apparently not doing anything.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

venkat_kv wrote:I ultimately see this as a game of Chess. You might want to finish the game in 5 or 10 moves or even get rid of the other player queen or rook, but that that must be done based on the board and not loosing out any major pieces from your end. if that means taking a much longer way/number of moves to do it it should be okay as long as you win the game. After all Chess is played for winning and not trying to finish the game in x number of moves.
Good post saar, well said.
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

@venkat_kv saar, awesome post... Bahut badiya.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Cyrano wrote:Going to Bharat at last this Thu 21Oct, tickets booked today.

Planning to stay in Hyd for a month. Will be great to have a BR meet in Hyd and meet any BRFites who are (or can be) in Hyd. Heck we can have a full blown conclave and party if there are lots of participants.

All Mods, Admins, Webmasters, Oldies, members, newbies, saars, jis, garus and gurus are welcome !
Please do let me know.
I'm in Hyd and we do have a vibrant hyd BRF jirga that meets every quarter for deep discussions over drinks. DM moi, pls.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Seeming sarkari inaction nicely explained/defended/justified/etc. by articulate gurus and garus on this august forum. Clap^2. Commendable also how the self-same augusted forumites have successfully managed to manage, soothe, console, cajole, and bamboozle their disgusted forumite brethren, or so it would appear. Me, am above it all only, following the heavenly dictum "Expect less and thou shalt be less disappointed."

Hope springs eternal, of course. Hope for some abstract notion of 'justice' in this case. Sadly, it seems that for self-same justice to be effective (as opposed to merely efficient), justice must not only be done but also be seen (by mango voters) as being done. So that puts paid to grandiose notions of justice via backroom deals (Heh) or 'unleashing' (snark!) alphabet-soup central agencies on the unjust but presumed innocent.

The augusted raise a pertinent point however. GoI's emphasis on order over law ensures GoI's hands are tied. What can poor GoI do after all?? It's already doing its best and then some - away from limelight, of course. If something reeeally big like pulwama/26-11 happens, GoI will then respond and even then, not immediately. Q.e.d.

The disgusted of course fire back that GoI's order-over-law emphasis is fundamentally flawed, slippery slope etc as the state will then have no answer to low-grade jeehard prevalent all over the nation - every district and mohalla with sizeable (i.e. double digit%) ummah presence. And their point is no less pertinent. Current situ is such that pak/PRC/P-5 only need to invest a measly few 100 million to keep the country perpetually on t he boil with brotestors blocking rails, roads (tomorrow, airfields too who knows) willy-nilly coz doing anything about it == walking into enemy trap only, all else be damned. Only. Hence, the disgusteds demand that GoI take action on the brotestors (or rather their brotesticles).

Despite moi measly expectations, what disappointed me is the thunderous silence from the very top of the GoI high command(o), on wanton killings by emboldened BIF of Indics and particularly Hs - be it Palghar, WB, cashmere, Singhu, u name it. Same brass was quick to offer commentary on broken church windows way back, one recalls. Yeah, but what choice do 'em yindooze have - where else will u go? Vote toh BJP ko hi milega. EeheeHaHaHaHaHa (cue evil laughter, a.k.a. ravan hasi). At least thats how bhajpa IT cell seems to behave. Only.

Kyaaiki. Apna kya hai, after all eh? Yawn and move on. Only.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^^ Yawn and move on, indeed. Why waste forum bandwidth if that's all you had to offer?

Why don't you use your energies and try to put together a workable strategy? Underline workable. Not something like "oh, just throw them in jail and throw the keys away". Let's see if you can come up with anything useful onlee, err, "Only." (whatever that means).
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I was watching this ground level interviews from a handful of people is UP.

With the exception of who appears to be a hard-core opposition party activist. There appears to be strong support for Yogi returning.

But most of the people are also highlighting the weakness of the administration which has to be resolved. If the state has to progress over the next 10 to 15 years.

I guess that these issues are prevalent in nearly all economically backward states in the country.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

arshyam wrote:^^ Yawn and move on, indeed. Why waste forum bandwidth if that's all you had to offer?

Why don't you use your energies and try to put together a workable strategy? Underline workable. Not something like "oh, just throw them in jail and throw the keys away". Let's see if you can come up with anything useful onlee, err, "Only." (whatever that means).
There are concrete things that can be done, which are within the law, but they are not being done. Like appoint a special tribunal for investigating and prosecuting atrocities against Kashmiri Pandits in the late '80s, early '90s. Many of the perpetrators would still be alive, and better late than never. I am sure there is information on the culprits out there among the victims and locals that is known at the ground level and to officials.

The same special tribunal can act on today's killers of Biharis and so on. Call it the Indian Citizen Freedom of Movement Tribunal. Tell the world that we are serious about integrating Kashmir. Let them cry and tear their shirts and pull their hair and beards.

I do appreciate the security forces killing off the murderers, but I think a fast-track tribunal catching, trying and hanging even a handful of the freedom fighters would send a powerful message, ignoring the woke world's clamors about impunity for killers of Hindus etc.

If the government won't do it, private organizations can fund an independent "people's tribunal" that can do all but hang the culprits. This was done in the wake of the '84 Sikh killings, no reason why it can't be done for Hindus.

Another aspect that needs attention is communication--TV & internet ads, explaining what happened, and what should happen, starting with Kashmir.

You don't see the other side giving up, sighing that, oh nothing will happen, what's the use, bleddy Mudi sud rejine. Why does our side give up before it even starts? You are not going to get instant results, and that should not be a reason to not even try in the first place. You have to have faith and determination, old-fashioned stuff like that. Again, I see the other side having it in plenty. It's hard and can be exhausting. even just standing up firmly in a whatsapp forum is an energy drain. But this is not supposed to be easy.

Even Bangladesh (which is the target much justified ire here) did a better job in bringing to justice the '71 mass murderers of Hindus; albeit after 40-something years. They hanged at least one culprit, IIRC, despite howls by amnesty & friends that the trials were not "upto international standards." Why is there no mass movement in India to at least come up to the level of Bangladesh in this regard?

I have always said that Modi was not, is not the man to smash all the BIF, wave a magic wand and make us a supapawa in a short span of a decade. What Modi sarkar offers is some space for citizen action, to take control of their own country. The kind of space that would be completely shut down in any other sarkar.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Hari Seldon wrote:
Cyrano wrote:Going to Bharat at last this Thu 21Oct, tickets booked today.

Please do let me know.
I'm in Hyd and we do have a vibrant hyd BRF jirga that meets every quarter for deep discussions over drinks. DM moi, pls.
Thank you Hari garu, couldn't find a DM option on your profile page, might have been disabled by admins. could you share an email in a bot unreadable format, I'll email you offline.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

KLNM,

The thing is very straightforward. People who have a good std of living want action on the cultural front. They have the luxury to do so and thanks to Maslows hierarchy of needs that's all they care for.

The rest want jobs, stability and progress. They are desperate and voted Modi in 2019 precisely because of that.

Some of us want both.

Given where we are, China's nominal GDP per capita in 1997, we are at the crux of a huge economic shift if Modi can pull it off.

He is engaging us with UAE-KSA for food security (they invest, we provide), tie us into a UAE-Israel-Greece trade route which offers a huge pathway into Europe with significantly reduced logistics costs, (ergo the Presidents visit to Greece), Quad (security assistance plus China +1 supply chain), and generally trying to make us competitive in social indices and infra (manufacturing), fix poverty (automatically fixes BIF plans) and address water scarcity (again with domestic moves and massive Israeli help which is low profile).

In another 6-7 years, India would have a wide social net for its poor (medical insurance, health insurance, houses, sanitation and graft free access to rations) and the infra would ensure we are no longer some sub Saharan equivalent.

India would have also divested its worst PSUs, retained its core strategic firms, digitalized a lot of its administration and begun it's reform (changing UPSC dominance). He has significantly fixed a lot of our bad debt issues, started the IBC, and is steadily fixing the economy from being a crony - socialist setup to one which actually administers.

Against such huge moves going on, I find it incredible that ppl are fixing on the absolute no show that is the farmers protest and are ignoring what is happening on multiple other fronts.

Modi doesn't believe in quick fix band aids either. He tries to go after the process. Is it good enough or fast enough for all of us? Perhaps not. But it leads to tangible outcomes.

Despite a very limited budget for five odd years, fmdue to economic crisis, the Indian Armed Forces are mostly in fighting shape. Modi and Co achieved this with a focus on prioritisation of what matters and spending accordingly. The OFB is now split into multiple PSUs. Again a second chance.

Despite a total hash for two weeks of Wave2, we fixed the gaps thereafter setting up O2 plants etc. And mass vaccination.

After all the justified complaints about textbooks etc, we now have a NEP. These are all systematic changes. Aatmanirbhar Bharat is now being taken forward in multiple sectors. The freebie trips abroad to PRC are over for administrators and the directive is to buy local.

We will also have a Ram temple at Ayodhya, a revamped Varanasi, and a mostly clean Ganga.

I'll take all the above over all the complaints. Am I happy that he doesn't tweet about contentious Hindu issues? No. But I understand what he is up against and that he can't express what he feels because it will be held against him and used to attack all the above plans.

Meanwhile, UAPA is still being used against assorted BIF types, and we are hunting down terrorist vermin in J&K. And we are standing up to China.
https://m.timesofindia.com/india/india- ... 087680.cms

About Bangladesh we would have engaged in the background and conveyed our concerns. Sheikh Hasina comments about reverting Bangladesh to a secular Republic wouldn't have come out of the blue. Will it work? Unlikely. So the dispensation would be thinking of how to safeguard the interests of the Hindus in Bangladesh but will do so without any public comments on their policy. We expect the sane as well unless its a totally hostile nation with antithetical leadership like Pakistan.

Modi's successor will enjoy the benefits of all the current groundwork and will be able to be far more forthright on cultural, BIF issues. He will have the budget to have a military which can even be interventionist a decade from now. Seeing the steps underway, we will have a significant economic surge and will take our place under the Sun. This level of focus on what *matters* is what India needed. State admins also need to rise up to the task and I fully expect some will. Those that don't will fall by the wayside, the 75 year old rule will be imposed for instance.

All in all, its about what we choose to focus on. I've been expecting a lot more on my key agenda items but I can't deny there is a lot more going on in areas I hadn't thought of. This Govt for better or worse eschews publicity beyond scripted PR for election time. There is a reason for that (prevents countermoves) but it also exposes them to widespread accusations of not doing enough or even, not doing anything.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Karan M wrote:The thing is very straightforward. People who have a good std of living want action on the cultural front. They have the luxury to do so and thanks to Maslows hierarchy of needs that's all they care for.

The rest want jobs, stability and progress. They are desperate and voted Modi in 2019 precisely because of that.

Some of us want both.
Suraj made a similar point. I disagree with the Maslow's hierarchy worldview when it applies to India, though its a good framework. BJP's rise to power as a national party itself was based on "Ayodhya", not some promise of better governance or better economy or less corruption.

That Modi has delivered on those fronts have undoubtedly raised people's expectations. So, he has to continue delivering them.

But thinking that cultural/religious factors do not matter to the poor is a wrong assumption, even purely speaking from a vote-bank perspective. It does matter & it can be engineered to make it matter. In fact, I will argue that good governance + a sharp pro-Hindu stance (+ making people aware of the threats facing us) will pay far better electoral dividends than "sabka saath" alone.

Needless to say, the pro-Dharmic worldview & politics will also lead to better science, better economics & a better standard of living. Once again, this is where the Hindu worldview differs from the Abrahamic West's. For us, Dharma and Science/Economics/Politics/Plurality are not in conflict with each other.

So, lets not blindly assume Maslow is how the Indian society operates. This "economy first, culture later" argument is often used by apologists for BJP Sarkar's inaction on several cultural fronts (though I am not pointing at you or Suraj as being apologists).
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Prem Kumar please read what I said again, I didn't mention culture wasn't an issue. I said being forthright about it as a policy directive is not a current priority. What will happen, will happen without fuss.

First, you are very mistaken that BJPs rise to power in 2014 or 2019 was based on Ayodhya alone. It was based on hope and a strong natsec plank - action against Pak. That hope needs constant growth.

Let's not blindly assume Maslow doesn't operate on Indian society either , because you've misunderstood my post. In fact the argument you are making is precisely because by Indian standards you/all of us are among the ultra elite who dont care where a next meal comes from.

There is no economy first, culture later argument here. It is economy in focus, culture silently which is the argument being made because that's how this Govt operates.

In the local context ppl have voted Modi because they know of someone who got a pucca house built and a gas connection and hope they will get one next time. That's where we are right now. Please spend some time and ask anyone in the urban areas, where ppl are actually better off about why they vote. Most reasons are economic. All this Dharma believes this and that stuff is purely academic for many people. If all the people believed in all that many wouldn't be converting en masse for economic reasons, worsening communal tensions in the process.

Fact, it takes a full belly for an average person (not a rare enlightened soul) to start thinking of higher aspirations. Which is why we need an economic surge that replicates what the PRC did despite the fact its much harder now. Which is why Modi is looking at everything from agriculture to mfg. Whatever is possible to get gainful growth.

All the stuff about pro religious policies etc being openly stated is again missing the point. Modi has a formidable array of enemies gathered against him, because the left /PRC/BIF cabal regard his success as being the door opener for extended "Hindu nationalist" rule. As such he has gone to extreme lengths to ensure there is no public claim from his own words against him, and wishes to ensure FDI into India remains unaffected and India is not on the list of the woke /PRC cabal to prevent our economic growth from being targeted. Take a look sometime at how much PRC has invested into support and whom those prominent western conservatives and liberals both target. Despite all this, there is a 24/7 campaign against him abroad. I suspect he doesn't GAS about what they say about him but he is very aware that giving his opponents abroad ammunition is not good for India's economic growth. That's the reason why he manages his optics on these topics carefully. Whenever he has expressed his personal views openly eg the puppy comment, it was used against him. Obviously he will be extra careful now.

Second, his actions are as pro Hindu as can be without making long speeches to that effect. He visits temples openly, funds the reconstruction of Varanasi and Ganga, has had Ram temple happen (anyone who thinks it was happenstance doesn't know the half of it). He has also funded AYUSH. So actions speak louder than mere words. He's even tried an outreach to other communities and if it had succeeded, it would have had a positive effect on intercommunal relationships. At least he tried.

He doesn't need any one of us to tell him what and how to implement a cultural agenda. That's the easy part. There is no shortage of culture warriors who can create all sorts of noise and make you feel good. Then what.

Growing the country against entrenched hateful opposition in India and abroad which wants regime change is the real deal, which is what he's focused on. Try changing systematic processes in GOI, making it an actual administration like the Gati Shakti program. This is what matters. This is why BIF want him out. People with a decent std of living aren't going to convert or be subverted for peanuts anymore. Those who are prosperous will try to align with a larger narrative of civilizational pride.

Once India gets to where China is today, you can throw all your weight around and nobody can do much about it. That's what they've demonstrated. But to get till there, we have to bide our time. That was Dengs lesson which got PRC to where it is today. Even now multiple western Govts have many Hindu/Modi haters who can't digest our civilizational renewal. We have to manage that till we get to the point we don't care and they need us more than we need them.

Till then whatever happens will happen silently without chest thumping. Keep tracking and you'll see more and more political opponents defanged and actual elements of state power being used selectively against only the most dangerous groups. Look up Elgar Parishad for instance. Those who used to run the country via NAC are now pleading for restitution.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Karan: I am not talking 2014 - 2019. By then BJP was already a national party and had been the ruling party twice before. How did BJP become a national party in the first place? The boost came because of Ayodhya only. The people who made Ayodhya happen & BJP happen are the poor, average, uneducated Hindu who could contribute Rs 10 & sometimes his/her labor and nothing more.

This "you are an elite & can afford to talk culture" is precisely the sort of language that sub-consciously demonstrates a degree of condescension towards the poor. Who said they don't care about culture/religion? I live in a place where there are both upper-middle class people and also very poor who live in slums. I have first hand experience of the level of religiosity inherent in the poor.

The concept of "which priorities are more important than others" will apply to all societies. But it will change from society to society. Take Islam: its a complete inversion of Maslow. People who would give up their lives, comfort, family etc for afterlife. Entire societies which would stay poor but will want Shariah.

Similarly, in India too, we need to develop a better understanding of "what are the priorities of Hindus based on our own worldview", rather than just take Maslow and assume that each level he defines is what's important to us - in that order.

And no, for all his temple visits & other pro-Hindu actions like Ram mandir, Ganga rejuvenation (which I don't deny), Modi/BJP has not done enough. Which is both sad & stupid.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I see Modi Govt's mandate (or electorate's expectations if you will) to fall under broadly 5 spheres: 1. Administrative, 2. Economic, 3. Defense and NatSec, 4. Foreign Policy, 5. Civilisational.

1. Administrative sphere: My score : 6/10
I do see, understand and appreciate, actually admire the way Modi govt is going after systematically dismantling the structures that enable corruption and misgovernance that has permeated India for decades. Modi govt has shown boldness, vision, creativity and determination in doing so, so in my book they get an 6/10 for this. Covid management has been very good in general given pre-existing conditions and the means at the govt's disposal. Suraj saar's articles detail the bills passed which will have long lasting positive impact on India, and remind me of what Napoleon did in his era. The govt has acted well in the Administrative sphere which is well within its control and most of the results will be delivered depending on how well these reforms are implemented at center and state level and how efficiently non-compliance is identified, punished and loopholes are iteratively tightened. Its perhaps for the last part that I would withhold 4 points. Because unless enforced well, just passing laws will not deliver expected results. Enforcing well means rolling out policies, processes, tools (digital for ex), training, awareness, checks and punishments where warranted. These can take time, perhaps in the next 3-4 years these will be put in place and systematised and the govt will earn some of the remaining points. Also Police reforms are an important and long overdue aspect the Govt is yet to act on. This is a HUGE item and I'm not sure it can be taken up in this term. (given the backlog the govt is accumulating in related spheres). Also, the govt is struggling to create a positive working harmony with the Judiciary and the dissonance here can impact all the other spheres.

2. Economic sphere: 6/10
The same level of boldness, vision, creativity, determination and effort has been put in the economic sphere and contrary to the administrative sphere, this one is more dynamic, the govt has less control and needs businesses, entrepreneurs, investors in India and to some extent outside India to react positively, realign, take advantage and put in their share of effort to move India forward. So here, I'd credit the Govt for its effort, sincerity, lack of corruption, and focus on Atmanirbhar, Make in India, Infra development, Gati Shakti etc. Rejecting RCEP was good, focus on trade deals (delayed by pandemic impact), exports, PLI schemes will all deliver results in the next 2-3 years and I think the govt can gain 2 or 3 more points to reach 8 or 9/10

3. Defense & NatSec : 6/10
Moderate level of boldness, vision, creativity, determination was displayed. Wrt Pakistan, Modi Govt changed the game with surgical strikes and Balakot, but struggled to make the next moves to consolidate and press further. FAFT pressure is not enough to stop low cost cross border war. Handling of China last year has been excellent with multi pronged response, but here again with the protracted standoff, we are struggling to find the next move. Defense spend has not increased as per our needs, procurement policy has been a reactive mixed bag. Atmanirbhar will take time to deliver results. But overall, much much better than predecessors. Internal security continues to be a mess. CAA, NRC in limbo, cant deploy NIA everywhere, state govts are pathetic and destructive beyond belief. Some bold measures are needed here, they will have popular support but the Govt seems to be lost to find the next move.

4. Foreign Policy: 7/10
Moderate level of boldness, vision, creativity, determination was displayed. We missed a trick or two re: Afghanistan, got duped by the US to some extent. Neighbourhood and Look East have only delivered modest results. Here again, handling of China last year has been excellent with multi pronged response, but here again with the protracted standoff, we are struggling to find the next move. Part of it is understandable we can react to what our friends and adversaries are posturing and doing, but part of it is not, I'd like to see India more confident and determined to shape her own destiny and show decisiveness. We are playing along with Quad etc which is OK, but we seem wishful in reading the US and cant seem to dare to call their bluffs or blunders. Also, the EAMininstry is lagging behind the scorching pace of our EAM S Jaishankar, in terms of resources human and tech and other, conducting research, follow up with diplomatic action plans with numerous nations, and renewal of the thinking frameworks. SJ is at one the strongest and the weakest link, without him we'll be back to good old chai biskoot days I'm afraid. Lot more next gen foreign policy thinkers and leaders must come up, there are some promising signs though. As our reach, influence and impact expands, we need an EAM 10x the current size.

5. Civilisational: 4/10.
My previous angst filled post pertained to this aspect. In every example I gave (by no means exhaustive), the Modi Govt seems to be in an existential conundrum. While espousing dharmic outlook, its struggling to speak and act dharmically. Dharmic statements are not just some balm for the civilisational wounds we are still nursing, they are a blow of Krishna's panchajanya to inspire courage among dharmis and instil fear in adharmis. Speaking out to defend hindus when they are subjected to atrocities must be the minimum response. Taking on conversion rackets, freeing temples, widespread opportunities to learn sanskrit and other Indian languages, un-restricting hindu celebrations, review/repeal/remake of wakf act, minorities commissions, CAA, NRC, review of text books, the list is long.

Whatever is done on not done in the previous 4 spheres has little bearing on my "expectations" on this 5th. What is the govt worried about or afraid of? Being called "rightwing ultra hindu nationalist majoritarian bhagwa hindutva ideologist authoritarian" ? Its already called all that and more. And will continued to be called so irrespective of the achievements in the previous 4 spheres.

Then the corollary, "why is it important to speak loudly and act visibly to defend and further Dharma/Civilisation ?" can be asked. It is important because:
A. Any other govt may be able to do some or most of what BJP has done in the above 4, but I believe BJP is the only one that can, and is expected to do the right things on the 5th - Civilisational sphere.
B. Reaffirming and reinforcing Bharat's civilisational identity will unite its people beyond religious denominations, and enable everyone to claim and reach their rightful place in Bharat and for Bharatiyas in the world. It will be the catalyst that will synergise the fruit of the first 4 spheres, multiply the gains and distribute most widely.
C. There will always be nefarious forces that look for the smallest opportunities to raise their heads and burrow into the society like woodworms and eat away from within. Speaking and acting immediately is the right way to perform this pest control. If left unchecked, they will embolden, proliferate and gnaw away at the very foundations of the society, the country, the civilisation, while surreptitiously and simultaneously feeding and fattening themselves on the fruit of the first 4 spheres.
D. I will be acting adharmically if I mistake or forsake governance, growth, prosperity, stability, prestige for my Bharatiya identity, duty and dharma and stop calling out the Govt, specially this one when its falls short of my dharmic needs and expectations and/or from its own RajaDharma.

The angst ridden call is not for Modi govt to make some statements and be done with it. Its a warning that the battle to revive, reaffirm and reinforce the civilisation is an eternal but daily battle, and that ignoring 5th for securing the 4 others will only lead to the loss of all 5. And if this Govt and party cannot do it, no one else today can. And those who strive to be Bharatiyas will not confound Modi Govt/Bharatiya Janata Party/Hindu Democratic Party oe whatever for "Bharat" nor forgive its omissions of civilisational responsibility.

Hope this clarifies.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Prem Kumar wrote:Karan: I am not talking 2014 - 2019. By then BJP was already a national party and had been the ruling party twice before. How did BJP become a national party in the first place? The boost came because of Ayodhya only. The people who made Ayodhya happen & BJP happen are the poor, average, uneducated Hindu who could contribute Rs 10 & sometimes his/her labor and nothing more.

Sorry but the BJP is not going to use the politics of the rath yatra alone anymore to win votes. They have moved away from that and Modi himself has been very clear that its development he wishes to win on. Development strengthens the state far more than a single emotive issue which can be hijacked by others and doesn't lead to long standing political gains. Plus given our economic trajectory the BJP wishes to portray itself as safe and centrist for Western establishments and hence calibrates its public image accordingly.

The INC thinks it was the party of natural governance precisely because they governed for ever. The BJP wants to be that group. They realize running the state matters far more than sitting outside and playing defense.
This "you are an elite & can afford to talk culture" is precisely the sort of language that sub-consciously demonstrates a degree of condescension towards the poor. Who said they don't care about culture/religion? I live in a place where there are both upper-middle class people and also very poor who live in slums. I have first hand experience of the level of religiosity inherent in the poor.
Again you miss the point. There is no condescension here to state that survival trumps other factors when it comes to the average person. If it didn't, people wouldn't convert for inducement. If you track whats happening you'd see so many ppl are literally choosing a better quality of life typified by a mere few freebies over dharma or religiosity. What will you do with them? What about those ppl who sell their votes for one sari or biryani? Can we deny they exist? Why do you think political parties give tickets to rich businessmen and already established political families who can afford all this? Is it because the voters are bad people or because they are genuinely desperate? I know so many ppl who voted precisely for such freebies.

They may or may not be religious but clearly most don't vote based on religiosity alone unless they are under threat (riots etc). The data so far clearly proves that welfare politics matters for the poor during "normal" times. Once in a while you may have an emotive Balakot or Rath Yatra that swings a lot of ppl to vote for you, but the average person is dependent on RKM. That will only change once they all have the financial resources to not care about the "basics" anymore and hence start expecting far more from their chosen party. We aren't there in most states bar a few southern, western ones with a decent economic distribution. Modi is actually up ending the cart here. Instead of getting people hooked into an addictive agenda wherein he appeals to their sense of pride but doesn't deliver much, he is trying to deliver on governance. He is setting a new yardstick wherein others and even he himself will be judged against.
The concept of "which priorities are more important than others" will apply to all societies. But it will change from society to society. Take Islam: its a complete inversion of Maslow. People who would give up their lives, comfort, family etc for afterlife. Entire societies which would stay poor but will want Shariah.
The average Hindu doesn't vote as the above do and that's the point here. If you want Modi to succeed at getting Hindu voters on his side, he has to carefully manage the competing aspects of caste, economic policy and being seen as an empathetic yet strong leader. That's also the reason why Hindu leaders cultivate other communities who vote purely on aspects like the above. So easy to manage with appeasement, so little to deliver on development.
Similarly, in India too, we need to develop a better understanding of "what are the priorities of Hindus based on our own worldview", rather than just take Maslow and assume that each level he defines is what's important to us - in that order.
He actually has understood it quite well which is why he wins elections round the clock. They are what determines whether he has the pulse of his voters, the majority of whom are Hindu. The problem is in extrapolating our worldview to the majority of the remaining populace who simply don't think as we do. Their concerns are more focused on "need to have" versus "good to have". The need to have moves towards the tribal side for most Hindus, only when security is under threat eg the local admin turns ferociously pro other side and ignores our concerns.
And no, for all his temple visits & other pro-Hindu actions like Ram mandir, Ganga rejuvenation (which I don't deny), Modi/BJP has not done enough. Which is both sad & stupid.
That's your view and of course you are welcome to it. But the actual voters whom he is targeting, I suspect, will disagree and he will be voted back. In fact if and only if his economic policies prove to be too long in gestation, will he likely adopt a stronger cultural agenda because the risk/reward ratio for that is more lopsided than focusing on a stronger development agenda with a more silent cultural one. You might think that's cynical but it's just smart politics. He is sharp enough to use all the tools in his toolbox to ensure the agenda of having uninterrupted BJP rule at the center remains.
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

Agree w Karan M and the other posters, with a small caveat- NM's rise to power was NOT on the basis of RJB or other cultural issues, but on the disgust on UPA by mango man on the lack of economic progress + corruption (the latter was seen as causing the former to at least some extent), and pull towards NaMo for being able to replicate the Gujarat model nationwide

And what does NaMo see when he comes in- that the entire edifice of the economy is built on quicksand and loot. Most swathes of our industry were simply not competitive and actually destroy capital- basically NBJPIE cabal loot the banks to fund "private investment"

What does he do:
1. Assure direct benefits to the poor as there is no trickle down which is going to work/ has ever worked - so Ujjwala, JAM, Swacchh Bharat etc
2. Plug the loot- so IBC and GST

And hence assure 2019 so that there is a longer runway to rebuild the economy from the ground up in a truly competitive landscape

And since 2019- we have continuing progress on the social front (Ujjwala 2, Swhachch Bharat 2, DBT, NDHM, etc etc etc); and large scale privatization, Gati Shakti (which is truly truly a fundamental reform), Atmanirbharta in defense manufacturing (another major entrenched set of power brokers and dalals including sadly within the armed forces), clean up of the coop banks and the onion 12mati mafia

I am willing to bet a wager that RJB actually had a very little hand in the 2019 win, and will similarly NOT have a major role in 2024... it is simply icing on the cake

And we in BRF of all places are unsatisfied?

Wow... just wow...
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Cyrano wrote:I
5. Civilisational: 4/10.
My previous angst filled post pertained to this aspect. In every example I gave (by no means exhaustive), the Modi Govt seems to be in an existential conundrum. While espousing dharmic outlook, its struggling to speak and act dharmically. Dharmic statements are not just some balm for the civilisational wounds we are still nursing, they are a blow of Krishna's panchajanya to inspire courage among dharmis and instil fear in adharmis. Speaking out to defend hindus when they are subjected to atrocities must be the minimum response. Taking on conversion rackets, freeing temples, widespread opportunities to learn sanskrit and other Indian languages, un-restricting hindu celebrations, review/repeal/remake of wakf act, minorities commissions, CAA, NRC, review of text books, the list is long.

Whatever is done on not done in the previous 4 spheres has little bearing on my "expectations" on this 5th. What is the govt worried about or afraid of? Being called "rightwing ultra hindu nationalist majoritarian bhagwa hindutva ideologist authoritarian" ? Its already called all that and more. And will continued to be called so irrespective of the achievements in the previous 4 spheres.

Hope this clarifies.
Precisely this. It is concerned about that and it will remain so for around a decade till we've grown enough to not bother anymore. The US Congress just had some dude testify over CAA and article 370 stating Modi etc was normalising Hindu superiority. We saw huge riots over CAA and an organized claim that the GOI was committing genocide when cops opened fire on rioters. We saw the toolkit episode vs the Khalistanis. In today's woke climes, investors abroad whose capital we sorely need, don't even invest in "vice firms" like ITC.

Which is why Modi will only tweet, say anodyne stuff while boring comitttees silently sit and fix schoolbooks etc. Rest against the conversion racket is happening via FCRA, UAPA etc. Is it 100%? No. But its enough to have NYT rush it's reporters down to India and try to force the Govt to change. And the result as a Khan admin folk said "we keep talking to Modi and his admin over these but it doesn't seem they are listening to us".

Are these big flashy wins? Nope. But I'll take them given the other agenda items.
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

Which is why Modi will only tweet, say anodyne stuff while boring comitttees silently sit and fix schoolbooks etc. Rest against the conversion racket is happening via FCRA, UAPA etc. Is it 100%? No. But its enough to have NYT rush it's reporters down to India and try to force the Govt to change. And the result as a Khan admin folk said "we keep talking to Modi and his admin over these but it doesn't seem they are listening to us".
To add to that- I am not sure if we at BRF are aware that these things don't happen - and should not happen- in one go...... it is the job of the government to manage such big changes slowly............ look at the ruckus created without any basis in fact on CAA... and like it or not such ruckus DOES affect the perception and hence FDI and improvement in India's manufacturing

If any of you have managed change in a single private company you would realize it takes years.. and yet we want NaMo to manage change not just nationwide but also globally in one simple wave of hand

and this change is not just with the otherws but also us....... reminds me of a response I received on why the government was not aggressively promoting Samskrut as India's national language (it is actually best placed as then all regional languages become understandable to at least some degree)- "bhai, pehle North ke logo ko Hindi to bulwale... Samskrut khud aa jaeyi gi"

My last on this

Apologies if offence caused to anyone
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Adrija, agree on all points. National power requires so many things which we were lacking and which are being fixed. The biggest change I see is he is genuinely focused on empowering honest administration and decision makers.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Karan saar,
The Govt just needs to pause and ask "so what?" and these self imagined shackles will melt away like Delhi's fog under the summer sun. Else, the entrenched and the evil forces get more and more chances to put paid to hard won achievements and undermine the imagined growth a decade away.

Remember this, Adharmis have only ONE CLEAR STATED GOAL. Dharmis will always have a hundred different things to do and perennially risk losing sight of fighting Adharmis. Thats the lesson Mahabharata teaches us.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Adrija wrote:
To add to that- I am not sure if we at BRF are aware that these things don't happen - and should not happen- in one go...... it is the job of the government to manage such big changes slowly............ look at the ruckus created without any basis in fact on CAA... and like it or not such ruckus DOES affect the perception and hence FDI and improvement in India's manufacturing

If any of you have managed change in a single private company you would realize it takes years.. and yet we want NaMo to manage change not just nationwide but also globally in one simple wave of hand

and this change is not just with the otherws but also us....... reminds me of a response I received on why the government was not aggressively promoting Samskrut as India's national language (it is actually best placed as then all regional languages become understandable to at least some degree)- "bhai, pehle North ke logo ko Hindi to bulwale... Samskrut khud aa jaeyi gi"

My last on this

Apologies if offence caused to anyone
Precisely - collaborative, steady wins "under the radar" are how we have to play this, given for whatever reason we aren't playing the huge western lobby/buy opinion game PRC/Pak are do adept at. They spend hundreds of millions per estimates to do this. So either we do that or win "silently" till we can be open.

My rough estimate is it will take us a decade of uninterrupted growth by when we can be within striking distance of achieving a relationship with the world economy, similar to what BCCI is with international cricket. A decade and a half from now we'd have arrived, reasonably well and would be able to openly laugh at assorted busybodies and be actually setting the agenda for what an actual humane dharmic state behaves as. We will also have the hard power to back it up.

In between I wouldn't be surprised if the PRC makes a play for Taiwan and opens up a conflict in the South China Sea, which we will also be dragged into.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Cyrano wrote:Karan saar,
The Govt just needs to pause and ask "so what?" and these self imagined shackles will melt away like Delhi's fog under the summer sun. Else, the entrenched and the evil forces get more and more chances to put paid to hard won achievements and undermine the imagined growth a decade away.

Remember this, Adharmis have only ONE CLEAR STATED GOAL. Dharmis will always have a hundred different things to do and perennially risk losing sight of fighting Adharmis. Thats the lesson Mahabharata teaches us.
Cyrano, seriously they sit on tons of data regarding everything from economic, to medical to raw material dependencies and then do you seriously think they don't want to say "so what"? Do you think when Namo goes abroad he wants to listen to crap about HR!? Or Jaishankar for that matter? Or we liked it when we had to wait for US to release vaxx raw material to us? We are not sadomasochistic.

There are no imagined shackles here. These shackles exist and will remain till we develop the tools to break them as we are doing under aatmanirbhar bharat. Till then it's Teddy Roosevelt dictum "speak softly and carry a big stick". And the big stick too requires dinero unless we want to do a Bhutto and "eat grass". In which case the BJP loses power and we are back to being an also ran struggling against centrifugal forces unleashed by the BIF gang. Even in the Mahabharata, the war didn't happen overnight. Allies were sought, capabilities built up. The Pandavas spent their entire lifetime training for conflict and even then they almost lost but for Lord Krishnas constant interventions. We have to stay the course and plan and act methodically. There is no other way. If there is, I'd love to hear it but we will have to fight for everything.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I mostly agree with you about Namo, SJ putting phoren moralisers in their place. But barring 370, CAA, they werent really tested on this part, because they havent acted on much else.

Data is just a pointer, cannot manufacture intent.

Not every expectation depends on videshi perceptions
Palghar, temples, judiciary, farm laws, shaeenbagh, asantushtwaadis etc are domestic problems. Only if not dealt with quickly, decisively they fester and eventually make it to NYT, WaPo when sold out Indian journos finally get space for their turd pieces. Dealing the next blow before they can recover from the first should be the way to go.

We have different expectations, i'll leave it at that.