2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by vijayk »

Ambar wrote:The break-India forces just like their extended left ecosystem worldwide will always use those sections of the society that are easily mobilized, well organized and gains instant sympathy, namely farmers & peasants, laborers, women, students and minorities. All internal threats from anti-India forces will come through these 5 groups, now and in future. A state like China can ruthlessly crush such groups because there is no fear of international condemnation, armed resistance groups forming or the fear of electoral politics. While India cannot act in a similar way, we can certainly deal with individuals (and not large groups) responsible for acting against the nation with iron gloves. I said this when Arnab Goswami was arrested and let to languish in jail for weeks on a ridiculous charge of boosting TRP ! If you cannot go after Uddhav Thackeray or Sharad Pawar that's fine and understandable, but go after crooks like Param Bir Singh and other commanders of anti-national brigade, make an example out of them. The center fired WB Chief Secretary, he was immediately rehired by WB govt. File criminal charges, pick him up from WB or wherever and put the fear of god in him. One of Rakesh Tikait's children is in Australia, go ahead and exit restriction on his passport if he is an Indian citizen and if he is not then pull his OCI/PIO/Visa. The same goes for the jihadists, student union leaders, those who actively assist external and internal enemies. Forget about center, even in BJP ruled states the situation is abysmal. After 2 days of outrage in Karnataka about Amulya Leona or Disha Salian and their ilk all is forgotten and forgiven, even before the ink dries on their bail order they are back on twitter/instagram continuing their anti-national propaganda. If the govt does not even go after 20 something college kids with no political backing, goodluck expecting them to go after individuals like Kaniah Kumar or Rakesh Tikait.
Our AG was going to SC and pleading the judges to let people like Rajdeep Sardesai and Prashant Bhushan who were abusing judges for giving a judgement (which is a criminal act to blackmail a judge) but asking judges to prosecute youtuber who criticized judiciary for overall bad performance. Don't know if they can't hire a decent AG
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

the anger is palpable and cong is alienating more and more "centrist" folks to the right. not sure what the BIF is gaining with any of this. honetly i haven only seen the resolve among the dormant hindu to get stronger and stronger.
people talking here of ecosystem - there and umpteen youtube/twitter threads
- asking for action - something that wouldnt have happened during Cong time (supporting the BJP)
- denouncing congress and exposing every single attempt to brush this under the carpet
- the denounsing and call for action is coming from the mango man, the dormant, the usually "keep my head down and get my life in order" hindu
- these actions are making thousands - if not millions of modis, yogis

btw,
the number of 0.5 type attacks on India happening at the same time (at this moment):
the foxconn cheen attack
galwan irritation
khalistan forces

at the same time, TSP is going through hell with iran, talib fighting them, IED mubarak happening frequently.

also off topic - havent heard from the third force among MAD in a while as all these are happening.
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

Anyone berating bhajapa and Modi on the present situation needs to listen to this snippet from Puspendra Kulshrestha ji. He is rightly pointing to the elephant in the room, if only dharmics decide to wake up from their slumber.
Link https://youtu.be/VpNht4qlMF8
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Ambar wrote:One of Rakesh Tikait's children is in Australia, go ahead and exit restriction on his passport if he is an Indian citizen and if he is not then pull his OCI/PIO/Visa.
Which section(s) of the law allows for this? While your other points are valid, suggestions like this is what leads to folks dismissing well-meaning criticism entirely.

Parambir Singh - didn't he go into hiding? Maybe it's just as you said - his finger pointing led to some high places which the centre cannot go after?

WB Chief Secretary is a puzzle - his post-retirement benefits are controlled by the centre, so are they gone now? This is one battle the centre clearly did not pick, not sure why.

I am not trying to defend the centre's inaction - as I said, I actually agree with most of your points. I suspect this will continue till the UP elections - the BIF will keep trying to light as many fires as possible so as to keep the situation on boil, yet not become too big, and the Centre will be forced to put the fire out but not have energy to clean up after each fire. The goal is for the aam janta to become unhappy with the govt due to issue after issue happening, and for the supporters to become disheartened and turn hostile. As LakshmanPST said, looks like the lack of ecosystem is really constraining the govt to do something actionable, but the blame is on the BJP as well for not building its own ecosystem, and for not drawing the line legally when it came to street protests. In short, it is a f'cked up mess with enough blame to go around.

As a supporter, the only thing I can do at this point is to wait it out do my bit come each election. We on BRF did expect an increase in noise in the run up to 2022 and 2024, so that's what this is.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

It's quite disheartening, actually. But my only reason for trusting Modi despite all this is that if I can come up with these observations sitting behind a keyboard, he definitely could, considering he's been in politics for decades, with most of his early days under fire from his detractors. So he clearly knows the impact of his inaction, yet is waiting. For what, we'll know in due course I hope. As Aravindan put it in this Swarajya article:
I am reminded of the Shishupala episode from the Mahabharata. Sri Krishna, sitting in the Rajasuya Yajna of Yudhishthira, tolerated a hundred abusive transgressions of Shishupala because he had promised the same to Shishupala’s mother. Even as others were incensed at Shishupala's behaviour, Krishna asked them to remain calm.

He was waiting for the 101st violation.
Something will give. For sure. Till then, we wait.
Last edited by arshyam on 08 Jan 2022 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

My opinion: Attack on the PM cavalcade was called off at the last moment by inimical forces.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

In all this I hope BIF's and their master try not to build a picture on NaMo as weak/pusillanimous just like post Godra unable to control the
Bakths if a backlash happens or covertly egged the crowds to go after the farmers/sikhs
Lets hope saner heads prevail and Namo can turn this into a 'Chaiwalla' or 'Neech admi' moment and use it the elections
Me thinks more than drone attack on the cavalcade, whether this was planned to get the NSG to fire few rounds of FS2000 they were carrying,
Imagine the optics of world-wide coverage of peaceful farmers miffed with PM blocking path expecting an apology but got bullets in return!!
That would have finished UP/My BP and 2024!!
NaMo and AD/AS have shown remarkable restrain during those tense 20 minutes
As mentioned many times by many BRFites litmus is the UP2022
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://twitter.com/Iyervval/status/147 ... 71680?s=20 @Iyervval
Did you know, the contract for landscaping the new Parliament, government offices and PM’s house, has gone to Arundhati Roy’s husband? Apparently more contracts to go to “Liberals”. No matter who’s in power “liberals” get the money since the “right” is mostly talentless parvenus.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

IndraD wrote:https://twitter.com/Iyervval/status/147 ... 71680?s=20 @Iyervval
Did you know, the contract for landscaping the new Parliament, government offices and PM’s house, has gone to Arundhati Roy’s husband? Apparently more contracts to go to “Liberals”. No matter who’s in power “liberals” get the money since the “right” is mostly talentless parvenus.
They were divorced 40 years ago in 1981 according to wiki.

Added Later: Her first husband is an architect. I am guessing that's who the contract went to.

Alright, her second husband is also involved with landscaping.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

But what is a leftist doing with Capitalist s, or they want communism for the masses while having a Jeff Bezzos lifestyle for themselves
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

Aditya_V wrote:But what is a leftist doing with Capitalist s, or they want communism for the masses while having a Jeff Bezzos lifestyle for themselves
all good commies end up rich ..
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Or Indian Commusists are paid, given Visas and supported every way by Foreign entities so that majority of Indians are poor and starving, hate is spread against India through Education Institutions to support various movements.

Effectively good for drain inspectors. No wonder their aims are the exact opposite of what we have on BRF.
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

UP Elections in seven phases :
10th Feb
14th Feb
20th Feb
23th Feb
27th Feb
3th March
7th March

Counting on 10th March. Model Code of Conduct comes into force Immediately.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Like a good commie, the father of Kerala's so-called world class health model and the incumbent CM of the People's Islamic Republic,Pinarayi Vijayan
is once going to the mecca of capitalism, the US for medical treatment. This isn't his first trip to the US and as usual the govt of KL was only too happy to pick up the tab. No one in People's Islamic Republic will question about the "Kerala Model" that their PM needs repeated treatment in the US or bother asking why a lifelong card carrying communist chooses US to fix his health instead of going to North Korea or Cuba or China.

Btw, during Trump administration wasn't there a law passed which cancelled visas of those were or are a part of the communist party ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Venkarl wrote:My opinion: Attack on the PM cavalcade was called off at the last moment by inimical forces.
no matter what the forces deployed thereafter, one foresees that the consequences will dwarf the reaction post godra and IG combined on an exponential scale bringing the BJP back to power with an unprecedented margin.

These guys are playing with fire and there is no backstop.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

The first place to dismantle BIF would be the Lutyen ecosystem. The loss of perks like prime housing may be a good start, but it has to be direct enough for them to check out of "any and all" public discourses in their lifetime. An intellectual purge of sorts to the Lutyen ecosystem.
Modi Govt. embracing Gandhigiri is only emboldening the perpetrators; act decisively, says Sree Iyer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3JTGblYHfE
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

opposition desperately wants a riot of some form to use it as a danda to beat BJP - a religious riot or a riot where govt took forceful action. that is not happening and it is becoming more brazen to create one.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

krithivas wrote:The first place to dismantle BIF would be the Lutyen ecosystem. The loss of perks like prime housing may be a good start, but it has to be direct enough for them to check out of "any and all" public discourses in their lifetime. An intellectual purge of sorts to the Lutyen ecosystem.
Modi Govt. embracing Gandhigiri is only emboldening the perpetrators; act decisively, says Sree Iyer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3JTGblYHfE

Easy to give advice from far away. Everything looks easy.
As I said yesterday elections are round the corner and then what use is President's rule?
And to use a Bollywood mafia talk of Gandhigiri shows the dissonance in the advice.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

bharathp wrote:the anger is palpable and cong is alienating more and more "centrist" folks to the right. not sure what the BIF is gaining with any of this. honetly i haven only seen the resolve among the dormant hindu to get stronger and stronger.
- asking for action - something that wouldnt have happened during Cong time (supporting the BJP)
- denouncing congress and exposing every single attempt to brush this under the carpet
- the denounsing and call for action is coming from the mango man, the dormant, the usually "keep my head down and get my life in order" hindu

btw,
the number of 0.5 type attacks on India happening at the same time (at this moment):
the foxconn cheen attack
galwan irritation
khalistan forces

at the same time, TSP is going through hell with iran, talib fighting them, IED mubarak happening frequently.

also off topic - havent heard from the third force among MAD in a while as all these are happening.

I was telling someone the nature of 2.5 front is changing.
After Balakot Pakistan front went from 1.0 to -> 0.5
After Galwan China front went from 1.0 to -> 0.75 hopefully in 2022 will go further down.
However, after CAA, etc the internal front has risen from 0.5 -> 1.25 (Pak from 0.5- Khalistan, PFI, etc. and 0.25 from China front to Naxalites). It could increase further as TSP goes down and triggers the infamous million mutinies fantasy of Western writers.

In the next budget, I hope MHA seeks funds for increasing the current 4 lakh CAPF to 7.5 Lakhs - a mix of ITBF, BSF, Assam Rifles, CISF, and CRPF, in a gradual manner over 5 years.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

our police to citizenry ratio is one of the lowest in the world. that needs to be corrected to have a stable internal security. if cost is an issue - automate/reduce other aspects of the machinery and staff up on L&O / judiciary.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If you think about it England stability came when Scottish and. French kings were weak and led to long rein of Plantagenets.
And that's the basis of their "balance of power" strategy.
Indian history shows external forces become strong when internal divisions increase and there is bootstrapping between these two groups.
2014 shows that strong Indian center weakens the external actors.
Let's see what 2022 to 2024 holds.
BTW Indian GDP is now $3.1T.
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

ramana wrote:If you think about it England stability came when Scottish and. French kings were weak and led to long rein of Plantagenets.
And that's the basis of their "balance of power" strategy.
Indian history shows external forces become strong when internal divisions increase and there is bootstrapping between these two groups.
2014 shows that strong Indian center weakens the external actors.
Let's see what 2022 to 2024 holds.
BTW Indian GDP is now $3.1T.

on a tangent here.. but a strong center causes the Judiciary to act as a balancing force. J Sai Deepak argues this @ 18:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=451154VpwZg
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Not this judicary which wants a weak center.
Not the speed with which verbal orders were issued on the PIL.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote:no matter what the forces deployed thereafter, one foresees that the consequences will dwarf the reaction post godra and IG combined on an exponential scale bringing the BJP back to power with an unprecedented margin.
That could be one reason for the perpetrators to pull back. But such riots can also be used by our peaceful neighbours to up the ante; e.g.: start trouble at Kashmir again and China can also push in and occupy more territory. The incumbent government of the day will be busy fire fighting within the country.
Ambar wrote:Like a good commie, the father of Kerala's so-called world class health model and the incumbent CM of the People's Islamic Republic,Pinarayi Vijayan
Around 10-20 years back I used to get upset when I saw the communist hypocrisy. Then it changed to derision followed by contempt and now I just ignore it. What is being propped up as communism in Kerala today is the brutal & lawless culture which existed in Northern Kerala (which the British could still control to a very large extent). Pinarayi Vijayan goes for medical treatment, but there are 100s of Kerala SFI/DYFI comrades who moved to US during the IT Boom. Yes, the very same US which they were bad mouthing a couple of years ago when they were doing 'revolutions' in Engineering Colleges :P. Many of them have also taken citizenship/green card there as well. Today only 'revolution' they do in US, is their activities inside their homes after taking a strong black tea in the morning hours.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

https://twitter.com/MeghBulletin/status ... 7320822791
Police themselves brought Protestors to the site to block #PMModi's cavalcade in Ferozepur. I am an Eyewitness to it: Former DC Ferozepur SR Ladhar
As expected.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

KL Dubey wrote:Ecosystems are built by society at large (including the sant samaj) from grassroots level organizations, which then can infuse into the political party. The one obvious example is the RSS which basically provided the seed material to create the BJS and the BJP. Read my previous posts.

Doing it the other way round is not sustainable, which the Congis and Commies (throughout the world) are learning the hard way. They can make trouble for some more time, but they are doomed.

The goremint can do (and is doing) things to empower society to build such ecosystem, and is not obstructing it.
Saar, like it or not, ecosystems do require top-down blessings to survive in today's environment.

Take agniveer doing yeomen work on the ground in battling xtian conversions rackets in GJ's tribal areas. Reason they 'can' operate is that the GJ bhajpa and RSS are supportive. Else, a few 'sc-st-atrocity' cases against key agniveer personnel will land the latter in jail sans bail and the whole op folds.

Govt support (both overt and more usually covert) is v much needed for ecosystems to build themselves up from nothing. After a certain size and scale, bootstrapping starts to work (like has started to happen with church-planters and naxals in some districts).

This reflexively KLPD blaming of 'em Hindoos as mainly responsible for the lack of an H ecosystem is intellectual laziness or worse. H ecosystem wasn't allowed to come up under sickular govts. Modi sarkar while way less hostile could have been way more hospitable - to compensate for lost decades and past hostility. Now maybe that's asking for too much. TheekHai. But making the ask is no crime. Only.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Mean while at KA, Love Jehad issues continue. And just like neighbouring KL it is the neo-convert women who are more eager to support ISIS.
Hari Seldon wrote:This reflexively KLPD blaming of 'em Hindoos as mainly responsible for the lack of an H ecosystem is intellectual laziness or worse.
I tend to agree with you. As I see it there has to be a two-prong approach; actions from Hindu organisations as well as support from the governments of the day. In KA to an extent it may be possible. The fact that KA government came up with an anti-conversion bill have ruffled many secular feathers. Read this whine from a secular. He keeps mum on the aspect of retaining the Dalit/SC-ST tag even after conversion, and also ignores that fact these conversions have not been made much impact on the social status.
The ‘upper castes’ need a mindset conversion
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

Excellent analysis on UP elections by Pradeep Singh Ji.
Please do watch.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

ramana wrote:
bharathp wrote:the anger is palpable and cong is alienating more and more "centrist" folks to the right. not sure what the BIF is gaining with any of this. honetly i haven only seen the resolve among the dormant hindu to get stronger and stronger.

btw,
the foxconn cheen attack
galwan irritation
khalistan forces

I was telling someone the nature of 2.5 front is changing.
After Balakot Pakistan front went from 1.0 to -> 0.5
After Galwan China front went from 1.0 to -> 0.75 hopefully in 2022 will go further down.
However, after CAA, etc the internal front has risen from 0.5 -> 1.25 (Pak from 0.5- Khalistan, PFI, etc. and 0.25 from China front to Naxalites). It could increase further as TSP goes down and triggers the infamous million mutinies fantasy of Western writers.

In the next budget, I hope MHA seeks funds for increasing the current 4 lakh CAPF to 7.5 Lakhs - a mix of ITBF, BSF, Assam Rifles, CISF, and CRPF, in a gradual manner over 5 years.
Ramana sir, despite Balakot and Galwan - the Pak and PRC front have only seen an increase in terms of capability. The Pak acquisitions pipeline as well as PRC's have both ramped up vs India. We are actually worse off from the security perspective than before, as PRC is repositioning its forces to fight India. In the worst case scenario, we will have to face both. And Pak continues to bleed us in Kashmir. IMHO - you are right about internal security but its also driven by our perceived weakness in standing up to both sides in an actual shooting war and dominating them. If Pak sees that occur, it will automatically tone down its belligerence.
Najunamar
BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

Karanji,
Overall agree with your views but not with the conclusion. No matter what our actual or demonstrated prowess, Pakis will not tone down their belligerence as it is not a rational actor (mad dogs don't do a fight vs flight calculation but are always on attack mode - it is the madness). Now, sugarland is not mad but is getting there (with the obsession of Xi - but this I believe is transitory).
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Najunamar wrote:Karanji,
Overall agree with your views but not with the conclusion. No matter what our actual or demonstrated prowess, Pakis will not tone down their belligerence as it is not a rational actor (mad dogs don't do a fight vs flight calculation but are always on attack mode - it is the madness). Now, sugarland is not mad but is getting there (with the obsession of Xi - but this I believe is transitory).
Sir the problem is you've accepted their savvy propaganda as being accurate, and missed the point.

The point is if we have the demonstrated capability to wield dominance, obviously we will use it. Pakis are not a mad dog - they are cowards and rational actors whose only irrationality is their inflated sense of their own ability. They are rational actors who've play-acted mad dog and convinced enough prior PMs, bar this one, with their theatrics. On the LoC, why do you think they back down whenever we hit them? They are silent for a while and then come back, convinced we dont have the military strength to dominate them or that Delhi will be worried about the nuke angle and hence back-down. When they saw the current PM hit them over Pulwama, now they've changed to smaller strikes. If they were irrational why haven't they declared war on us over Article 370 or the myriad other indignities they perceive such as India reclaiming its civilizational heritage by electing a nationalist, nativist Government?

So, if you can strike them at will and do so regularly and demonstrate their impotence to their public - which is where a lot of their mindset is directed towards, the local propaganda victory, they will tone down their belligerence. 1971 purchased us a decade of peace.Till the early 1980s when the Punjab troubles ignited and IG was planning reciprocal action as well.

So to keep Pakistan where it belongs, you have to build up your Armed Forces accordingly. They will see that change on our side and change their behavior. If they don't, now you have the strength to impose that change in a manner that suits you.

Even assuming you are right all along, and they are mad dogs, the only answer to deal with a rabid animal is to euthanize it. And for that again, we need the military strength to do so in a fashion where we have overwhelming victory with minimal losses to our own side. Not sacrifice a lot of capability which China will undoubtedly exploit.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The porkis can't steal from the wheat consignment now.

abhi aapne ghabrana hai

Iran offers to transfer Indian wheat to Afghanistan

Iran offers to transfer Indian wheat to Afghanistan

Sidhant Sibal WION
New Delhi
Jan 09, 2022,

Afghanistan was the key focus of telephonic conversation between Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian and India's Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar

Iran has offered to transfer Indian wheat to Afghanistan. The proposal was made by Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian during his telephonic conversation with India's Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar. The conversation took place on Saturday (January 08) and came as India sent 3rd humanitarian support to Afghanistan after Taliban captured power in August 2021.

Future supplies to Afghanistan will be made via Chabahar port. The port has huge Indian investment. It was on December 24, 2018 that Indian company, India Ports Global Limited, a subsidiary of India Ports Global Chabahar Free Zone (IPGCFZ) took over operations of the Chabahar port. Since December 2018 the port has handled 160 vessels, 14,420 TEUs (Twenty-foot Equivalent Units) and 3.2 million tons of bulk and general cargo. Before the fall of Kabul, India has been sending relief to Afghanistan on a regular basis via the Chabahar port.

India has committed to providing 50,000 MT of wheat, essential lifesaving medicines and Covid Vaccines to Afghan people. One of the proposals to send the supplies had been via Pakistan. While Islamabad has publicly stated it will allow movement of supplies, no transfer has started even as New Delhi and Islamabad continue to discuss the modalities of transfer.
srikandan
BRFite

Post by srikandan »

Ok, so India is providing humanitarian aid to Afghans, you know, the same ones that spit on India from western shores as the US evacuated Afghanisthan. What is the quid-pro-quo that India gets here. China controls the warlords and India gets to feed the warlords mercenaries, which may be okay as long as they are not chinese mercenairies. To avoid that, the wheat pipeline must be secure from the hands of pro-China entities..sounds like a tough job. Looks like India is going to spend more money on Afghanisthan, while afghanisthan exports hindu, christian and sikh refugees into India. Not like India spending billions on afghan schools and parks the last time aroud did much other than catch on fire and burn in 2021 as the US withdrew.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I guess you are bitter and cant see the importance of Afghanistan while TSP exists. Right now the very same Afghans have erased Durand Line and are giving TSP lots of pain. They need their atta to fight.
Also, the importance of Indian vaccine in Afghanistan can't be overstated.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Re-establishing ownership of the Mandal space

the little schitt basically wants the dalits to consolidate and counter the consolidation of the Hindus so that the desert cult can prevail politically
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

KaranM wrote:
Ramana sir, despite Balakot and Galwan - the Pak and PRC front have only seen an increase in terms of capability. The Pak acquisitions pipeline as well as PRC's have both ramped up vs India. We are actually worse off from the security perspective than before, as PRC is repositioning its forces to fight India. In the worst case scenario, we will have to face both. And Pak continues to bleed us in Kashmir. IMHO - you are right about internal security but its also driven by our perceived weakness in standing up to both sides in an actual shooting war and dominating them. If Pak sees that occur, it will automatically tone down its belligerence.
At a cursory level, you appear right. However, I want to point to you to look at the Naval acquisitions in 2021.
1 SSBN (Arihant extended class)
2 SSK (Scorpene class)
1 Destroyer
1 IAC (Vikrant class)
Also please read Rohitvats' 49 points summary of the last two years of LAC confrontation.

I am quite optimistic but cautious as usual.
srikandan
BRFite

Post by srikandan »

Ramanaji: I guess you are bitter and cant see the importance of Afghanistan while TSP exists. Right now the very same Afghans have erased Durand Line and are giving TSP lots of pain. They need their atta to fight.
Should have added a caveat that past destruction of Indian Aid is not an indicator of the future. No reason to be bitter (and I am not), but seems like a waste of monies to fund mercenaries (like the Taliban) if India cannot influence the Taliban regime for its interests. Taliban has spoken about weakening the durand line so they do have backers with the money and influence to set the Taliban against Pakistan, but then again losing money is better compared to losing soldiers, so no reason to be pessismistic. Maybe India will do better this time than it did with the US/NATO that last time around. Just that it seems like the constant drone from the MEA treating the UN as some sort of first-class entity that deserves India's attention and time, with no results to show since 1947, is no game at all.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Sachin wrote:Mean while at KA....
I don't mean to be patronizing, but your post above is starting to "see the light". Just please don't make ambiguous posts, e.g., what you said above is indicative of of my earlier discussion, but then you say you "agree with" another point of view which is just based on reacting to media reports.

To wit, there are specific things related to coastal KA and north KL that are happening/will happen. Some will make news, others won't. All of these will obviously have "blessing" or "no obstruction". Things like anti-conversion law are very important, but the implementation requires an "all of Hindu society" approach. Like I said earlier, the goremint has "accountability" but all of society has "responsibility", not just to hold goremint accountable every 5 years but also to do work. Sanatan dharma is much bigger than just becoming dependent on the goremint of the day.

I don't think the ayodhya ram mandir or kashi corridor would be getting constructed this quickly (or at all), without A) key involvement of Hindu society/orgs, and B ) blessing of double-engine sarkar. Milords of SC/HC can give orders, but the implementation is a different beast. It doesn't just happen like some posters here think it should.

In summary, "woh chaand khila, woh taare hase, ye raat ajab matwari hai....". And the rest.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Venkarl wrote:My opinion: Attack on the PM cavalcade was called off at the last moment by inimical forces.
I think they were provoking to extract social drama. It’s not worked too well for them.

Iyerwal says BJP is a hindu nationalist RW, and should do more blah blah.. in a YouTube rant with Swamy.

Thats wrong .. It buys into stereotypes pushed by NYT and such like. BJP is a socialist, left wing and secular and just happens to support some majority causes. They are still bound by the constitutional framework, poor infra among other things. If the majority is not unified and demanding then govts will lapse into colonial servility which is still the default mindset.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

ritesh wrote:Anyone berating bhajapa and Modi on the present situation needs to listen to this snippet from Puspendra Kulshrestha ji. He is rightly pointing to the elephant in the room, if only dharmics decide to wake up from their slumber.
Link https://youtu.be/VpNht4qlMF8
Great clarity. Video seems incomplete.

Deserves widespread circulation.