2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by chetak »

Haresh wrote:I wonder who's agenda they will be pushing ???

Christians in Punjab to form Shiromani Church Parbandhak Committee

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 151215.cms
UK/US

these are most probably the protestant lot streamlining the conversion network and focussing the funding

But the desis will now have to contend with a second pressure point in punjab.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

I had to wait till the information was in public source. Though anyone following trends would have immediately guessed from the swiftness of GJ CM, India PM, India HM, and the spread of the news in number of news outlets.

Maybe learned ones can provide insights about why UPA, BJP, etc. are pained more by the certain deaths, loose their sleep over, and act in faster than light speed.
Nine dead in Gujarat road accident after truck coming from wrong side hits van
https://indianexpress.com/article/citie ... 1978/lite/
Talking to the Indian Express, Siraj Ajmeri’s cousin brother Feroz Ajmeri said, “Altaf Ajmeri is the brother-in-law of Siraj Ajmeri… they had gone to Aurangabad in Maharashtra to see a girl for Mustafa Deraiya, who also died in the road accident. Mustafa’s brother-in-law Rahim Saiyed was also in the car. Mustafa is a close friend of both Siraj and Altaf… Altaf and Siraj run mattress business separately in Bhavnagar town. They made a halt at Surat on Tuesday night.”
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

chetak wrote:
Cain Marko wrote:Looks like the gloves are coming off - first time Rana Ayyub and colleagues may feel the heat:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/twitter ... v_bigstory
is this a surgical strike on the lootyens hit mob

named in the FIR are wokes from zubair to rana ayyub, the wire, salman nizami, saba naqvi and gang.

They had a field day thus far, spreading patently false stories on twitter and other SM.

twitter has also been named for carrying these manipulative tweets
I am really skeptical that these FIRs will go anywhere. It just means an investigation has been opened. No chargesheet has been filed. And it is unlikely to be filled.

Each time there is a report of FIRs like this, one side will start breast beating that here is conclusive proof that India is an SDRE yindoo fascist dictatorship. The other side will start yelling in triumph that a Lord Narasimha with 56 inch chest is finally going to rip the BIF to shreds, this time for sure, unlike all the other times.

The BIF will merrily continue their activities as always.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

How about we wait before doing R/D?
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

Ambar wrote:I have immense respect and admiration for Ajit Bharati but the other 2 names you mention have a history. One has to read their tweets between 2018 post assembly election drubbing of BJP upto 2019 general elections to get a clue. You need steadfast supporters and not fair weather friends. As for BJP "cheating" its supporters, ask yourself which other party has fulfilled any promise from their manifesto let alone fulfill more than half of them in a term and a half, they are doing it without the backing of the ecosystem and fighting against an outright partisan media, judges, bureaucrats, law enforcement, they are fighting with both hands tied to their back.

As for Bengal, the local problems require local solutions. Mamata Banerjee went through hell herself in the 90s and 00s with both Congress at the center and commies in WB trying to crush her but she prevailed. BJP WB has to lead the fight and not Modi and Shah. The party and the govt at the center have used every tool at their disposal short of the nuclear option. This isnt the 60s or 70s when Congress could dismiss CMs willy nilly with media cheerleading, if BJP dismisses a democratically elected govt. then be prepared for BJP lead governments in other states to be dismissed when the opposition is in power.

Bottom-line, constantly whining and question Modi, Shah or BJP does not help, there are enough people doing that already including the mainstream media. The least one can do is explore solutions because listing problems is easy.
^ +108 Sir!

Gentlemen, let's not miss the trees for the forest.

Modi is the PM of all of India and not just Bengal or any state for that matter. There was backlash during the Bengal elections and its aftermath because it seemed he was too busy electioneering rather than governing the country to steer it away from the COVID 2nd wave (at least that was the narrative built - something that the BJP collectively failed to counter)

There was also a huge backlash from a lot of Indians (including BJP supporters) because he made the 'Didi oh Didi' comment. Modi ji at his stature in national politics is not meant for 'street fighting' because it will backfire. I am not asking him to be among ranks of Maun-Mohan and not utter anything at all. However, when he speaks, it has to be strategic. I wish his presence during the Bengal elections here in Bengal were also more strategic. I do understand that because the Bengal BJP lacked a face for its campaign, the best campaigner from Delhi had to be brought in. It backfired sadly.

Finally, my first paisa on the last do paisa for the day - Modi ji needs to now focus towards winning 2024. I understand that his leadership will be needed again during the elections in Madhya Bharat during 2022, however I really hope the BJP does not overdo it with him. We need to remember something that we have established in BR and I have validated with coversations will people on the ground - there will always be people who would want a strong Government in the centre and a strong government at the State Vidhan Sabhas. BJP will need to get its act together at the state levels ASAP, scratch that - it was needed yesterdin.

Last paisa for the din, discussing the failures of BJP and Modi is very much kosher. I love BR because we can do this here and it is for the betterment of India. Some of us have political ambitions in the long run and I am a student of this through astute observations made here and ofcourse elsewhere. My prayer to those who think otherwise - please let people criticize BJP for its failures. There are many original arising out of this platform which will benefit us in the long run because remember the BJP is not Bharat (it too can run counter to India's wellbeing - "can"), we here are to discuss the defense of India.

Jai Hind - since 1997!
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Winter is coming. The sector in India that one could depend on for relatively high quality employment is going to see some serious bloodletting in years to come. And our establishment( Politicians, Bureaucrats, judiciary, police, corporates, media and academia) is totally oblivious to the coming nightmare. AI and Automation will ensure that our younger generation is forced to become delivery boys, retail store assistants(if there are any left) or restaurant waiters. Job scene in India will be one apocalyptic hellhole.

TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant, HCL, Tech Mahindra, Other IT Firms To Lay Off 30 Lakh Employees; Details Inside
Leading IT majors TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Tech Mahindra, Cognizant and others are planning to lay off as many as 30 lakh employees. This massive lay off exercise will be carried out by 2022. The move will help these companies save a whopping USD 100 billion mostly in salaries annually and robot process automation (RPA) up-skilling, according to a report.

"TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Tech Mahindra and Cognizant and others appear to be planning for a 3 million reduction in low-skilled roles by 2022 because of RPA up-skilling," the Nasscom report says.

This is a USD 100-billion in reduced salary and other costs, but on the flipside, it offers a likely a USD 10 billion boon for IT companies that successfully implement RPA, and another a
USD5 billion opportunity from a vibrant new software niche by 2022. Given that robots can function for 24 hrs a day, this represents a significant saving of up to 10:1 versus the human labor," says the report.
All the wrong priorities which were focussed by GOI for past 70 years will now bite India back in the a$$. The perils of prioritising Social justice and secularism agenda over Industrial, scientific and technological development will become crystal clear within years. Even today GOI spends anywhere from Rs 4 Lakh Crore to Rs 5 Lakh crore on welfare programs and social justice gibs. But cannot upgrade Semiconductor lab in Mohali. One proposal which called for a Gallium nitride fabrication unit at IISC premises in Bengaluru is gathering dust in some ministry office for last 3 or more years. For only Rs 3000 Crores. In many sectors we simply do not exist whether it is semiconductors or Shipbuilding or additive manufacturing or biotech and many more.

In contrast a single company like TSMC is going to spend more than 100 billion USD to expand and stay relevant. South Korea is going to spend more than 450 billion USD in semiconductors alone.

TSMC to invest 100 billion to increase semiconductor output

Korea Unveils $450 Billion Push for Global Chipmaking Crown

Can we even compete?

The same will be the story in any of the sunrise sectors in countries like China, Singapore, Israel etc. They all understand that Technology is the key and are ready to give funding. Except our pathetic establishment.

I seriously wonder for how long our govt can continue to fool people just by clever PR and optics. The future is bleak.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

With so much unemployment and underemployment, you do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the fertile ground it presents for Breaking India Forces. And what about crime, general anarchy and endless protests and dharnas, the likes of which we are seeing around Delhi for quite some time. Kejriwal type frauds will spare no effort to prey on such desperate situations. And instead of highlighting such issues, our media is actually diverting people from such matters. Various party spokespersons are shouting at each other and when even that does not work, then a completely irrelevant issue like what Swami Ramdev uttered becomes the most important topic for days.

Forget about becoming a vishwaguru Superpower, I will be very happy if we get out of this decade with our underwear on.
Last edited by darshhan on 18 Jun 2021 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

All I can say is they are working on it.
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

darshhan wrote:Winter is coming. The sector in India that one could depend on for relatively high quality employment is going to see some serious bloodletting in years to come. And our establishment( Politicians, Bureaucrats, judiciary, police, corporates, media and academia) is totally oblivious to the coming nightmare. AI and Automation will ensure that our younger generation is forced to become delivery boys, retail store assistants(if there are any left) or restaurant waiters. Job scene in India will be one apocalyptic hellhole.

TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant, HCL, Tech Mahindra, Other IT Firms To Lay Off 30 Lakh Employees; Details Inside
Leading IT majors TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Tech Mahindra, Cognizant and others are planning to lay off as many as 30 lakh employees. This massive lay off exercise will be carried out by 2022. The move will help these companies save a whopping USD 100 billion mostly in salaries annually and robot process automation (RPA) up-skilling, according to a report.

"TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Tech Mahindra and Cognizant and others appear to be planning for a 3 million reduction in low-skilled roles by 2022 because of RPA up-skilling," the Nasscom report says.

This is a USD 100-billion in reduced salary and other costs, but on the flipside, it offers a likely a USD 10 billion boon for IT companies that successfully implement RPA, and another a
USD5 billion opportunity from a vibrant new software niche by 2022. Given that robots can function for 24 hrs a day, this represents a significant saving of up to 10:1 versus the human labor," says the report.
All the wrong priorities which were focussed by GOI for past 70 years will now bite India back in the a$$. The perils of prioritising Social justice and secularism agenda over Industrial, scientific and technological development will become crystal clear within years. Even today GOI spends anywhere from Rs 4 Lakh Crore to Rs 5 Lakh crore on welfare programs and social justice gibs. But cannot upgrade Semiconductor lab in Mohali. One proposal which called for a Gallium nitride fabrication unit at IISC premises in Bengaluru is gathering dust in some ministry office for last 3 or more years. For only Rs 3000 Crores. In many sectors we simply do not exist whether it is semiconductors or Shipbuilding or additive manufacturing or biotech and many more.

In contrast a single company like TSMC is going to spend more than 100 billion USD to expand and stay relevant. South Korea is going to spend more than 450 billion USD in semiconductors alone.

TSMC to invest 100 billion to increase semiconductor output

Korea Unveils $450 Billion Push for Global Chipmaking Crown

Can we even compete?

The same will be the story in any of the sunrise sectors in countries like China, Singapore, Israel etc. They all understand that Technology is the key and are ready to give funding. Except our pathetic establishment.

I seriously wonder for how long our govt can continue to fool people just by clever PR and optics. The future is bleak.
:eek: How much of this 30 lakh figure will be from India alone (considering all these giants have employees abroad)? Any ideas on where they can funneled onto - defence :twisted: ?
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

ramana wrote:All I can say is they are working on it.
Ramana ji, Actually on this one I am with Namo since he cannot be blamed for more than 70 years of rot and that too on all branches of govt whether it is politicians or judiciary or bureaucrats. Atleast he is trying with some imaginative measures like PLI scheme etc. Let us see how much success he attains. I am afraid however that we are still moving slow. Decision making will have to be expedited by orders of magnitude and penny pinching approach will have to be shunned. The question is can all this be done in our existing setup characterized by risk avoidance and convoluted procedures.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

The honorable minister would probably get a heart attack if he knew the R&D Budget of Alphabet inc(Google) or Amazon or that of Elon Musk's various enterprises. And this Minister is one of the better ones. This pittance amount is hardly going to achieve anything. GOI needs to up its game. And reduce wasteful expenditure on doles and gibs. Only genuine welfare programs should be supported.

Govt rolls out ₹945 crore fund for startups
Union commerce minister Piyush Goyal on Monday formally unveiled a Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) to handhold and financially support early-stage startups across 300 incubation centres, almost three months after the Centre announced the plan......
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

darshhan wrote:The honorable minister would probably get a heart attack if he knew the R&D Budget of Alphabet inc(Google) or Amazon or that of Elon Musk's various enterprises. And this Minister is one of the better ones. This pittance amount is hardly going to achieve anything. GOI needs to up its game. And reduce wasteful expenditure on doles and gibs. Only genuine welfare programs should be supported.

Govt rolls out ₹945 crore fund for startups
Union commerce minister Piyush Goyal on Monday formally unveiled a Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) to handhold and financially support early-stage startups across 300 incubation centres, almost three months after the Centre announced the plan......
Darshan Ji, why so much gloom and doom always? You are sounding more and more like a tired old record, pardon my saying so.

Yes, we have problems galore, have had worse, yet somehow things went on. People starved and died on the streets - I've seen that with my own eyes - babies were so malnourished one could write whole textbooks on the subject - and indeed all that was written.

From your constant and seemingly never-ending whining, it seems like all of this started only after 2014 and that we are all going to die a worse death than was possible in the 60s and 70s.

No matter what, the nation will carry on. There is enough resilience and resource in the people to make it happen.

So my humble request, stop the whining, enough. We know all that already. Talk positive. If your perspective is negative, that is all you will see and that is all you will experience.

Apologies for rubbing you up the wrong way, but it was getting to be a bit too much.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

I've been hearing this "winter is coming for IT" since early 2000s. Remember, innovation and upskilling is constant and continuous , Indian technology sector has continuously moved up the value chain and hence they have thrived in good times and bad. Yes, many of the repetitive, mundane jobs will get automated over a period of time, but more high skilled and innovative jobs will replace them. 15-20 yrs ago tech support was a big thing in India, today thanks to wage inflation, attrition and other factors those jobs have moved to Philippines, Ukraine, Srilanka etc. it hasn't put a dent on Indian IT, that workforce has now been absorbed into more high tech and high skilled roles. Fintech is a booming sector within the technology space, and we are already seeing more and more full captives units getting setup which is great both for the employees and the employer.

Also look out for manufacturing. SEZs, freight corridors, expressways, inland waterways, port expansion projects are taking place at an unprecedented pace. This government is very serious manufacturing, and we are already seeing results in labor surplus states. As an example around 30 ethanol plants are coming up in BH to support the biofuel initiative or FMCG units coming up in UP

On a side note, the NASCOM numbers sounds a little hard to believe. Until last year they were saying Indian IT sector employs around 4.5 m people, now they say tech companies employ 16m people, that's 1.2% of India's total population !
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

For chronic whiners and wallowers, we used to have a dedicated "whine" thread precisely for this reason. Unfortunately it got locked up along with rest of the threads under General Discussions subforum. Maybe its time to create a new thread under strat forum to keep this section focused.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Maria wrote:
Ambar wrote:I have immense respect and admiration for Ajit Bharati but the other 2 names you mention have a history. One has to read their tweets between 2018 post assembly election drubbing of BJP upto 2019 general elections to get a clue. You need steadfast supporters and not fair weather friends. As for BJP "cheating" its supporters, ask yourself which other party has fulfilled any promise from their manifesto let alone fulfill more than half of them in a term and a half, they are doing it without the backing of the ecosystem and fighting against an outright partisan media, judges, bureaucrats, law enforcement, they are fighting with both hands tied to their back.

As for Bengal, the local problems require local solutions. Mamata Banerjee went through hell herself in the 90s and 00s with both Congress at the center and commies in WB trying to crush her but she prevailed. BJP WB has to lead the fight and not Modi and Shah. The party and the govt at the center have used every tool at their disposal short of the nuclear option. This isnt the 60s or 70s when Congress could dismiss CMs willy nilly with media cheerleading, if BJP dismisses a democratically elected govt. then be prepared for BJP lead governments in other states to be dismissed when the opposition is in power.

Bottom-line, constantly whining and question Modi, Shah or BJP does not help, there are enough people doing that already including the mainstream media. The least one can do is explore solutions because listing problems is easy.
^ +108 Sir!

Gentlemen, let's not miss the trees for the forest.

Modi is the PM of all of India and not just Bengal or any state for that matter. There was backlash during the Bengal elections and its aftermath because it seemed he was too busy electioneering rather than governing the country to steer it away from the COVID 2nd wave (at least that was the narrative built - something that the BJP collectively failed to counter)

There was also a huge backlash from a lot of Indians (including BJP supporters) because he made the 'Didi oh Didi' comment. Modi ji at his stature in national politics is not meant for 'street fighting' because it will backfire. I am not asking him to be among ranks of Maun-Mohan and not utter anything at all. However, when he speaks, it has to be strategic. I wish his presence during the Bengal elections here in Bengal were also more strategic. I do understand that because the Bengal BJP lacked a face for its campaign, the best campaigner from Delhi had to be brought in. It backfired sadly.

Finally, my first paisa on the last do paisa for the day - Modi ji needs to now focus towards winning 2024. I understand that his leadership will be needed again during the elections in Madhya Bharat during 2022, however I really hope the BJP does not overdo it with him. We need to remember something that we have established in BR and I have validated with coversations will people on the ground - there will always be people who would want a strong Government in the centre and a strong government at the State Vidhan Sabhas. BJP will need to get its act together at the state levels ASAP, scratch that - it was needed yesterdin.

Last paisa for the din, discussing the failures of BJP and Modi is very much kosher. I love BR because we can do this here and it is for the betterment of India. Some of us have political ambitions in the long run and I am a student of this through astute observations made here and ofcourse elsewhere. My prayer to those who think otherwise - please let people criticize BJP for its failures. There are many original arising out of this platform which will benefit us in the long run because remember the BJP is not Bharat (it too can run counter to India's wellbeing - "can"), we here are to discuss the defense of India.

Jai Hind - since 1997!
Ambar/Maria Saar,
actually i am not sure if what i wanted to convey was done properly. so let me repeat it again. i am not criticizing the central govt, but i am asking regarding what looks like recent phenomenon of "BJP IT Cell" attacking the own Namo supporters and if the actual attacks are from IT cell itself.

The action by facebook to close down about 40,000 profiles originating from pak recently and given the non-action of twitter is well known. My question is if any one has seen similar complaints of attacks by the so called IT cell as we didn't see this charge even during the pathankot, uri and pulwama attacks. this is something I am hearing from last 6 months or so, so is it really an IT cell attack or like Dhruv rathee supporters like mass co-ordinated attacks on the Indic wing. afterall twitter doesn't really give any idea based on online profile.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

Namo may have been soft on deshdrohi,s in India and made some serious mistakes in the second wave of chinese virus both not anticipating and not taking enough precautions during electioneering but all said and done he remains our best hope.

Modiji has done tremendous work in building infrastruture and taking care of poor people from bank accounts to toilets to health care and many more schemes.The best prime minister since 1947 by a huge margin. I fully support NAMO for 2024 and Yogiji for 2029.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

^^ +1008
I too sometimes feel that Namo is very soft in handling things on a couple of occasions but it's clear to anyone with half a brain that he still remains the best hope for our country.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

venkat_kv wrote:
Ambar/Maria Saar,
actually i am not sure if what i wanted to convey was done properly. so let me repeat it again. i am not criticizing the central govt, but i am asking regarding what looks like recent phenomenon of "BJP IT Cell" attacking the own Namo supporters and if the actual attacks are from IT cell itself.

The action by facebook to close down about 40,000 profiles originating from pak recently and given the non-action of twitter is well known. My question is if any one has seen similar complaints of attacks by the so called IT cell as we didn't see this charge even during the pathankot, uri and pulwama attacks. this is something I am hearing from last 6 months or so, so is it really an IT cell attack or like Dhruv rathee supporters like mass co-ordinated attacks on the Indic wing. afterall twitter doesn't really give any idea based on online profile.
Venkatgaru, there's always been two factions within the BJP IT Cell. Sometime after 2018 round of assembly elections when BJP lost 5 states at the same time, "the skin doctor" and "athiest Krishna" along with few other handles on Twitter started taking potshots at the party and Modi, sometimes it was subtle and other times it was not so subtle. The mocking, sarcasm, second guessing, fights with other members of the IT cell went on until Balakot, and then when they sensed the tide was turning and Modi may return they once again re-entered the "camp". A couple of years ago i had made a post here about the so called "nationalists"/ pro-Indics on twitter, they spend more time bickering amongst themselves than collectively countering the BIF propaganda on social media. Not a misogynist but the worst among the fair weather nationalists on twitter are young women, who seem more interested in instagramish self-promotion, attacking men from the same camp forthe most frivolous of reasons and bickering amongst themselves than fighting the likes of Arfa or Rana or Rohini Singh.

Anyways, twitter banned me sometime back and i'm happy they did because its the most toxic space on the internet, even worse than Reddit. There's no short of fair weather supporters there who'll eat their own at the first turn in fortunes.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Level of our Political class especially those in state govts. MLA inaugrating speedbreakers. Lol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GabbbarSingh ... 2355658754

https://mobile.twitter.com/GabbbarSingh ... 7230212101

This carpetbagger and thug kejri is making Congressis look like saints. You know how bad things are when this is the case.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

https://www.dailypioneer.com/2021/colum ... feuds.html

The bloodless coup against Chirag is not unique but such internal strife demeans politics itself
When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry, said William Shakespeare. Ram Vilas Paswan, eternal Dalit leader and pater familias of the Paswan family, would have had no qualms agreeing with the English bard. A father and son ganged up against the son of another father. The father and father are both brothers, their brood, first cousins. That in short is the bloodless coup that happened in that Bihar political family the other day, stripping Chirag Paswan of his position and power in his own party, the Lok Janshakti Party. Five of the party’s MPs have formed a separate group led by Chirag’s uncle and supported by his nephew. Chirag remains the lone MP, a victim of dynastic arrogance or political naivete. The how and why of what happened is of academic interest when the moot point is how family feuds and dynastic intrigues have straddled Indian politics from times immemorial. They were understandable in times of monarchies, but in democratic India? The Nehru-Gandhi family has had the dubious distinction — unless circumstances went against them — of having kept leaders unrelated by blood from the apex position — the party president. There is hardly any political party in hardly any State today that is not headed by a family. The tradition is derisively called dynasty politics. What is problematic of such arrangements is that the party, its politics and relationship with people and power is determined by the internal strife within the family. That demeans politics itself.

The schisms and the backstabbings, strangely but consistently, are timed to happen before major political happenings, like an election, a leadership change or a Cabinet reshuffle in a State or at the Centre. It is said the Paswan saga was brewing for some time — the young man apparently oblivious to all of it — coming to a fruition just as rumours of a reshuffle in Delhi picked up. Not dissimilarly, other family feuds are changing tack, more for the better than worse unlike the Paswan affair, in Uttar Pradesh, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The Mulayam Singh Yadav family is closing ranks, the patriarch trying to patch up differences between his brother Shivpal Yadav and son Akhilesh Yadav which spoiled Samajwadi Party’s image in the State. The family of undivided Andhra Congress leader YS Rajasekhara Reddy is trying to expand its influence into Telangana as well. While YSR’s son Jagan Mohan Reddy “rules” Andhra Pradesh, his daughter Sharmila Reddy will form a party of her own in Telangana. The “overlord” of Telangana, K Chandrasekhara Rao, is already trying to keep peace between son and political heir KT Rama Rao and nephew and organisational wizard T Harish Rao. These family pots can overflow anytime even as Karunanidhis of Tamil Nadu, Pawars of Maharashtra, Bangarappas and Deve Gowdas of Karnataka await the next chapter in their family sagas.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

the objections to India's CAA is being orchestrated from the gelf, especially from saudi where more than some 300,000 rohingya are currently staying without passports but on saudi work permits. There is no way any gelf country is going to issue them with passports or papers.

If India closes off the option for jehadis with the CAA, a lot of countries are going to find themselves in the schitt.

there is very big money backing the "shaheenbagh" type of agitations here in India

Why should foreign tablighis be allowed to waltz into India when ever they feel like it.

This Pinja Tod / Khan market / NGO circuit want India to accept R0hingya refugees but were willing to destroy the country trying to prevent Dalit refugees who fled brutal oppression in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan from getting citizenship. Just for perspective.
via@barbarindian
Last edited by chetak on 18 Jun 2021 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Outlook

Rebels Without A Cause: Duplicity Of Retired Babus Giving Unsolicited Advise
How some retired bureaucrats morph into indignant conscience keepers of the nation.

Sachin ShridharSachin Shridhar14 June 2021, Last Updated at 6:11 pm Facebook Twitter Google + Linkedin WhatsappFollow Outlook India On News
Civil servants, who post-retirement get appointed as advisors keep their head down and those who do not, suddenly discover a revolutionary and reformist zeal
Representational Image
Also read

To Build Or Not To Build, That Is The Question
He portrays himself as an indignant conscience keeper of the nation. But many may see him as a self-appointed umpire continuously shouting “Out” even as the fielders keep fielding and the batsman goes on batting, all virtually unmindful of his tantrums while the interloper continues the charade from time to time. That in short is what a bureaucrat on retirement is likely to morph into, writing angry letters purportedly to the PM but actually for the consumption of media. This is best characterized by the impassioned words of a retired acquaintance known for his scathing criticism of virtually everything that represents the present regime. Justifying the stinging bite of his criticism, he blurted out at a party perhaps letting out a sub-conscious Freudian slip, “I waited a good couple of years for the government to make use of my vast experience and expertise but was disappointed by their indifference.”

Those, who post-retirement get appointed as advisors, tribunal or board members, keep their head down and those who do not, suddenly discover a revolutionary and reformist zeal interspersed with visceral hatred of the present regime. A regime they see one of the vernacular speaking kinds unlike the “people like us” they were happy cozying up to. A zeal which after clearing the UPSC had in any case got buried by the system which plied them with its perks of status, security, red beacon car (thankfully now banned), large houses and of course yes, power and the careerist ambitions it constantly fueled!

How many cases have you come across in the last 20 years when a career civil servant put his foot down or went on leave or resigned in protest against an un-constitutional act of his political master. Such instances one can count on one’s fingers. Compare them with the galore of instances of graft, corruption and inefficiencies and these instances of upright conduct are all too insignificant to even be counted. Does it mean that in all these years when these gentlemen were working, the politicians were then very well-behaved and law-abiding and it is only now suddenly that they have adopted regressive and divisive policies. We saw so many scandals one after the other in the past. How many of them protested about those and about the deaths, rapes, genocides and miscarriages which the recent Indian history is replete with?

Interestingly, one group of retired bureaucrats going under the name and style of “Constitutionnel Conduct Group” (CCG) has on May 21 written a letter advising the government (read PM Modi) to “Constitute an all-party committee at the Central level to advise on and review all Government decisions….”. So, the flag bearers of democracy want the un-elected civil servants, who have been rejected by electorate leaders to get a back-door entry to governance and power. It certainly does not sound terribly constitutional to seek substitution of an established system of elected government and elected Parliament; doesn’t it remind you of that extra constitutional busy body called the National Advisory Council (NAC) which through its armchair intellectuals and distant from the masses politicians messed virtually all affairs of the state.

The communications of the retired civil servants to the government sent through media circulated letters have a broad sweep or tend to impart what we in local parlance say general “gyan” without any concrete suggestions. In one letter, they would crib about the PM Cares Fund, Article 370, GST, mishandling of the second Covid wave, Lakshadweep, illegality of farm laws, human rights abuse, Central Vista and so on. Their own domain competence beyond being a generalist pen-pusher be damned, the itch to become a ruler, visionary, architect, environmentalist, epidemiologist, auditor, vigilante and conscience keeper in one stroke has all the elements of a tragi-comedy theatre. As a result, with no clear actionable and pragmatic advice coming forth, which could compel the government to have a good look at, these gentlemen unfortunately sound more like the ignored grandparent in the house who keeps doling out homilies to the “couldn’t care less youngsters”. With each passing year the grandpa feels more irrelevant, so the stridency of his harangue increase.

What we need to appreciate is that most of what happens in governance is only a continuation of the old and generally there is no radical departure except a handful of big and dramatic decisions which may be the priorities and political commitment of the party in power. Most other things are little more than re-packaging and re-branding. Continuity and status quo are by and large the rules and this is what marks the government. In the meantime, politics always tries to make people believe that a great change is taking place. The retired civil servants tend to forget that for last few decades they were at the helm. If we are witnessing a rot today, some of it must have been setting in during their time as well. It is therefore legitimate to ask as to what is their culpability?

Now, civil services exists in a protected and secure environment. Besides status, you get an inflation hedged salary, no fear of job loss, no tangible targets to meet and by and large, unless caught in serious monkey business, your promotions, increments, housing and perks are all a given till you retire. This very sense of entitlement is continually reinforced in a boy in his twenties, fresh from university till he retires at the age of 60. Now in management, it is universally held that job-security- which in today’s techno-centric and changing world does not put pressure on you to re-skill or up-skill yourself- is the best breeding ground for mediocrity. The hierarchical culture within the civil services, the constant “Yes Sir-ing” one responds with for decades of one’s active life and the pervasive culture of sycophancy is a chronic condition for your egos to remain bloated. No wonder, most of us are not comfortable enjoying a retired life bereft of the trappings of power.

How can we retire like ordinary mortals and do gardening or help the grandchildren with their homework? We were born to preach and counsel the present dispensation about all things esoteric. Now it is no one’s case that they do not have the right to write or say what they want to say so long as they do not compromise some national secret which can harm the security of the State. But the point here is the relevance of it all and the credibility of the message giver. On reading their laments liberally sent to media, no one goes up in arms. It is a at best a momentary diversion. On their own, with their superior airs and poor connect with citizenry, most of these gents will struggle to even win an RWA or Panchayat election.

There is an element of irony that you enjoy an inflation adjusted pension coming from the government coffers while you continue to dole out unsolicited advice and even bad-mouth the duly elected government. The duplicity of it becomes more pronounced when one sees that most of these gentlemen kept their obsequious heads down, bid their time and did not protest when it could have mattered the most. So, the government of its time and the citizens also have an equally sacrosanct right to question deeply this revolutionary avatar of convenience. Perhaps, they would do well to heed to the words of John Paul II, (Sollicitudo Rei Socialis,1987) who while expressing concern over social matters and the failed development of the third world, very wisely said, “we all are responsible for all”.

(The author is an ex-IPS officer and a technology entrepreneur. Views expressed are personal and do not necessarily reflect those of Outlook Magazine.)
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

This wasn't part of the job description.
Supreme Court: Justice Indira Banerjee Recuses From Hearing Petition On Political Murders In West Bengal, Matter Adjourned With No New Date
https://swarajyamag.com/analysis/suprem ... o-new-date
As soon as the matter was taken up Justice Indira Banerjee said, “I have some difficulty in hearing this matter. Let this matter be listed before another bench”.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

As an Indian, I'll do all sorts of aping of foreigners except for safety. I'll eat fake mayo in everything but I'll my wear seat belt. Neither I'll ever allow ambulance to go through. That's not woke.
Govt Sets Target To Reduce 50 Per Cent Road Accident Deaths By 2024: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/govt-sets ... in-gadkari
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

Ambar wrote:For chronic whiners and wallowers, we used to have a dedicated "whine" thread precisely for this reason. Unfortunately it got locked up along with rest of the threads under General Discussions subforum. Maybe its time to create a new thread under strat forum to keep this section focused.
They are attacking everywhere, please do take a look at the questions being posed by fake profiles on Quora.
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

Paul wrote:https://www.dailypioneer.com/2021/colum ... feuds.html

The bloodless coup against Chirag is not unique but such internal strife demeans politics itself
When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry, said William Shakespeare. Ram Vilas Paswan, eternal Dalit leader and pater familias of the Paswan family, would have had no qualms agreeing with the English bard. A father and son ganged up against the son of another father. The father and father are both brothers, their brood, first cousins. That in short is the bloodless coup that happened in that Bihar political family the other day, stripping Chirag Paswan of his position and power in his own party, the Lok Janshakti Party. Five of the party’s MPs have formed a separate group led by Chirag’s uncle and supported by his nephew. Chirag remains the lone MP, a victim of dynastic arrogance or political naivete. The how and why of what happened is of academic interest when the moot point is how family feuds and dynastic intrigues have straddled Indian politics from times immemorial. They were understandable in times of monarchies, but in democratic India? The Nehru-Gandhi family has had the dubious distinction — unless circumstances went against them — of having kept leaders unrelated by blood from the apex position — the party president. There is hardly any political party in hardly any State today that is not headed by a family. The tradition is derisively called dynasty politics. What is problematic of such arrangements is that the party, its politics and relationship with people and power is determined by the internal strife within the family. That demeans politics itself.

The schisms and the backstabbings, strangely but consistently, are timed to happen before major political happenings, like an election, a leadership change or a Cabinet reshuffle in a State or at the Centre. It is said the Paswan saga was brewing for some time — the young man apparently oblivious to all of it — coming to a fruition just as rumours of a reshuffle in Delhi picked up. Not dissimilarly, other family feuds are changing tack, more for the better than worse unlike the Paswan affair, in Uttar Pradesh, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The Mulayam Singh Yadav family is closing ranks, the patriarch trying to patch up differences between his brother Shivpal Yadav and son Akhilesh Yadav which spoiled Samajwadi Party’s image in the State. The family of undivided Andhra Congress leader YS Rajasekhara Reddy is trying to expand its influence into Telangana as well. While YSR’s son Jagan Mohan Reddy “rules” Andhra Pradesh, his daughter Sharmila Reddy will form a party of her own in Telangana. The “overlord” of Telangana, K Chandrasekhara Rao, is already trying to keep peace between son and political heir KT Rama Rao and nephew and organisational wizard T Harish Rao. These family pots can overflow anytime even as Karunanidhis of Tamil Nadu, Pawars of Maharashtra, Bangarappas and Deve Gowdas of Karnataka await the next chapter in their family sagas.
Anecdotal evidence somehow proves that Indians yearn for kingship and dynastic rule over democracy. Anecdotal at best for now.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Paul wrote:Outlook
How some retired bureaucrats morph into indignant conscience keepers of the nation.
There is another equally vocal group that vehemently opposes the views of this group and it comprises a bevy of 33 former ambassadors that have signed another letter and this opposing group is called the Forum of Former Ambassadors of India (FOFA), firmly in the pro-Narendra Modi camp

prominent house ni**ers and intellectually paraplegic congi family retainers and commie camp followers like former national security adviser shiv shankar menon and former foreign secretary shyam saran are part of the “Constitutional Conduct Group” which is vehemently anti Modi and by extension anti Hindu

These two extinguished eminences are also at the forefront of the "prostrate abjectly before china" and "love the paki" advocacy gang and known for their exceptionally flexible vertebra especially noticeable when they are reluctant to defend India's supreme national interests in many a foreign fora.

the books that they have written serve a vital social purpose, particularly when used to wrap moongphalli bought from street vendors. Many elderly IAS, IFS and other pensioned off reprobates fondly imagine that this kind of paper imparts a delicate colonial epicurean essence and a certain nehruvian gourmet flavor reminiscent of a nostalgic and sadly bygone era.

currently, the BIF pasand mafia mata and the brood is the object of this group's adoration and fealty

What critics of PM Modi’s foreign policy are ignoring

What critics of PM Modi’s foreign policy are ignoring

Kanwal Sibal, Shyamala B Cowsik, Veena Sikri, Bhaswati Mukherjee write: They are disregarding clear continuities in key areas of foreign policy under the UPA and the NDA governments, and minimising external threats to India.

Written by Kanwal Sibal , Shyamala B Cowsik , Veena Sikri , Bhaswati Mukherjee |
June 3, 2021

Prime Minister Narendra Modi leaves after a function at the BJP headquarters in New Delhi. (AP Photo)

We, a Forum of Former Ambassadors of India, are concerned at the manner in which Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s foreign policies are being relentlessly criticised, including by those who were at the helm of our foreign and security policies in the past.

Those faulting the Modi government’s foreign policy as if there are serious departures from the past miss the clear continuities in key areas under the UPA and the NDA governments. The BJP government under former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee made India nuclear, engaged the US government in strategic discussions to resolve the nuclear issue, which eventually led to the India-US nuclear deal under PM Manmohan Singh’s government.

The dialogue with Pakistan broke down under the previous government and the impasse endures. The policy to engage Russia as a tried and trusted friend even as we develop new partnerships has not undergone any change. Important openings towards the conservative Gulf States created by the UPA have been greatly broadened by the NDA. With his background PM Modi’s excellent personal equations with the Saudi rulers and the Gulf potentates is a remarkable achievement.

The Malabar exercises with the US began in the 1990s, resumed under the UPA Government and have now been expanded to include Japan and Australia. The Look East policy of the UPA became the Act East policy under the NDA. Priority has been given by both governments to relations with Japan. The Indo-Pacific concept was first formulated by former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in his speech to India’s parliament in 2007, has been in the air in the years that followed and has evolved under the NDA.

The Modi Government has paid far more attention to its neighbours than the previous government, with PM Modi making frequent visits to their capitals. It has focused far more than its predecessor on maritime security in the Indian Ocean and on acquiring the required capabilities to better ensure this. A major maritime partnership has been established with France in the western Indian Ocean. Access to naval bases in the Gulf is now available to the Indian navy.

Ties with ASEAN have continued to be cultivated, with all its leaders present in India on Republic Day 2018 as chief guests. The more restricted format of the India-Africa summit in 2008 and 2011 was enlarged in scope in 2015 with 41 African leaders participating.

With the European Union, at the 16th India-EU Leaders Virtual Summit in May, when all the 27 leaders were present, it has been agreed to resume negotiations, blocked since 2013, on a Free Trade Agreement, an Investment Agreement and one on Geographic Indicators. Separately an Enhanced Trade Partnership Agreement has been signed with post-Brexit UK.

Where PM Modi has imposed his thinking and personality more markedly at the international level is in the active wooing of the Indian diaspora. He has been able to galvanise them with his oratory and his message of confidence in India’s future. PM Modi has also promoted India’s soft power and its cultural and religious heritage as a tool of foreign policy which his predecessor did not. In 2014, the UN declared June 21 as Yoga Day annually. The new areas he has explored, such as leveraging our cultural soft power, are add-ons to a basic continuity, not diversions from it.

Of concern are the efforts by “experts” to gloss over China’s policies, motives and hostility towards India. To argue that China occupied part of the Doklam plateau in Bhutan because we cried “victory” after checkmating them is to not only to deny the government credit for standing up to China, but actually project it as a mistake in giving China an excuse to implant itself more firmly on the plateau. By this logic China’s reported occupation of a strip of land in northern Bhutan, intrusion into large swathes of Ladakh, territorial claims on Arunachal Pradesh, stirring incidents in Sikkim, reclaiming islands, occupying and militarising them in South China Sea are all a result of India and others goading China by crying victory or following ill-thought out policies. What we saw at Doklam was simply a part of a new-found Chinese aggressiveness on territorial sovereignty issues that we see in many other geographies.

If the UPA government down played the Depsang incident, calling it an “acne” on the beautiful face of India-China ties and engaged in behind the scene discussions in order to avoid hardening of positions on both sides to give diplomacy a chance, why is the Modi government being accused of dishonesty by avoiding jingoism and pursuing quiet but intensive diplomacy coupled with strong military measures on the far more sensitive and dangerous eastern Ladakh confrontation? To claim that after massing 50,000 troops, including during winter, and occupying the Kailash Range heights, the Modi government is defending a “narrative” and not our actual position on the ground is groundless criticism.

These “experts” argue that cheap Chinese goods are good for the Indian consumer, that instead of accelerating decoupling we should build a relationship where the dependencies are minimised and the benefits maximised- as if China will play ball with such plans- and in recommending that we remain open to Chinese investments in a controlled manner. In other words, keep the security part separate from the economic part, precisely what China advocates.

China is not just another neighbour. It is a powerful adversary that has, over decades, sought to undermine Indian interests at every turn. Any peace with China would be tenuous, lasting only as long as China wishes it to last. That China has wrecked the existing border agreements and the basis on which the relationship is being managed since 1988 presents us with a continuing challenge, more acute as China becomes stronger and its ambitions become grander.

The gloss that is being put on China’s global ambitions is puzzling. It is argued that China is ready to take centre stage, not to build a different world order but to redefine the existing order and improve it, that anything outside that is dangerous, and that China is open to negotiation. This is reducing the threat China poses to the international order to mere semantics, ignoring the hard geopolitics and hegemonic ambitions at play. China, it is being claimed, merely wants a division of the world between the great powers. Would this mean that China is willing to divide Asia between China and India, that is, accept two tigers on the same mountain? Or is it a tacit support for a G2 to which India should reconcile?

To criticise the Modi government’s foreign policy on the ground that India does best when it is most connected to the outside world, that in the last few years we are turning inwards, closing our mind and cutting ourselves from the outside world, absurdly suggests that India has marooned itself on an island since 2014.

India continues to participate actively in international fora, be it the G20, invitations to G7 meetings, those of BRICS and SCO. It has initiated the International Solar Alliance and the Disaster Resilient Infrastructure Coalition, taken a leadership role in Climate Change negotiations in lieu of a defensive position, reinvigorated ties with Europe, defined the Indo-Pacific concept in accordance with our vision, calibrated the strengthening of the Quad and launched new initiatives in the Indian Ocean area. To say we are convinced we are unique and exceptional and do not need the world is empty criticism. As of May 2021, PM Modi has made 109 visits abroad, visiting 60 countries.

India has aspirations to be a leading power, but there is no officially expressed ambition to be a “Vishwa Guru”, though the West has been a “Vishwa Guru” in seeking to mould the world in accordance with its “universal” values. That India seeks “to change the world, get revenge, gain status or to get other people to say how great we are” is mocking at our aspiration to rise as a power. Unlike China, when has India seen its rise as a way to get revenge for past humiliations?
Last edited by chetak on 19 Jun 2021 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Maria wrote: Anecdotal evidence somehow proves that Indians yearn for kingship and dynastic rule over democracy. Anecdotal at best for now.
Maria ji,

This has happened with the blessings of the powers that be in dilli and this coup has been executed by nitishwa.

Minor victories are important for small minds and even more so for smaller people

paswan was turning out to be a suicidal loose cannon, one who didn't know enough to protect his own flanks because of political naivety and entitled overconfidence

nitishwa has quite simply purchased what was available in the market and he picked them up cheaply just before the sell by date.

Such shelf life considerations should also make guys like pilot pause and think.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Watch: Maharashtra police lathi-charge protesting ASHA workers for stopping the car of Deputy CM Ajit Pawar in Osmanabad
https://www.opindia.com/2021/06/maharas ... jit-pawar/
According to the reports, the ASHA workers continued their protests for the fourth day against the state government, demanding an increase in the monthly honorarium. Around 70,000 Asha workers in Maharashtra had launched an indefinite strike from June 15 against the Uddhav Thackeray-led Maha Vikas Aghadi government in the state, demanding a pay hike.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Something is brewing. NSA Ajit Doval,Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla, Intelligence Bureau Director Arvind Kumar, R&AW chief Samant Kumar Goel, CRPF DG Kuldiep Singh & J&K DGP Dilbagh Singh arrive at Union Home Ministry to attend a high-level meeting chaired by Home Minister Amit Shah. Modi has also called for an all-party meeting with J&K leaders. Statehood again ? Separation of Jammu from Kashmir ? A new UT within Kashmir ? Or something else ? All these meetings come at the backdrop of central reserve forces rushing to Kashmir after WB elections. Either the pakis are up to no good again or it could be something to do with the administrative division in J&K.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

[quote"]Namo may have been soft on deshdrohi,s in India and made some serious mistakes in the second wave of chinese virus both not anticipating and not taking enough precautions during electioneering...[/quote]

Every third post (rhetorically speaking) wants NaMo to become Lord Narsimha and do it to BIF (deshdrohis, twitter, dbutts, congoons,....) what Lord Narsimha did to Hiryankashipu. The forum members of the BRF shivering in their dhotis (since this is kalyuga) and stating that NaMo is their savior and will do it to BIFs what Narsimha did to Hiryankshipu, a.la Bhakt Prahlad (not shivering in his dhoti).

NaMo is not going to do anything like that. Nothing even remote to flicking the hair on the BIFs

So please accept that reality.

In the meantime, something curious is happening:

1. There is a parliamentary committee headed by Shashi Tharoor. This parliamentary committee are the elected representatives of India and hence India itself.

2. Twitter told the above PC that it follows its own rules and not the rule of the land.

Of course in the process it has been revealed that Twitter's MD of India reports to a VP in Singapore and does not even know the employee details within India and is a mere sales head.

In effect, Twitter is showing its middle finger (proverbially) to India and Indians.

And yes, NaMo will not do anything. For a very good reason. And I support NaMo for that "inaction".

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... e-7365054/

I request all the whiners here to put their thinking hat on and think why NaMo is doing the right thing by going "soft on deshdrohis" ?

Like the "Farmer" protest is still going on in Singur. Now it has become a protest to rape and murder.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Ambar wrote:Either the pakis are up to no good again or it could be something to do with the administrative division in J&K...
Keeping fingers crossed that they will arrest Nidhi of rNDTV fame.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Elections in J&K, perhaps? It's supposed to have an elected assembly like Delhi and Puducherry.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Maria wrote:
Anecdotal evidence somehow proves that Indians yearn for kingship and dynastic rule over democracy. Anecdotal at best for now.
This is the truth. Nothing anecdotal about it and definitely nothing wrong about it. This is true for me and it is true for most of us including probably you. If you want to test this theory just ask yourself a simple question. Does any so called democratically elected leader since 1947 come close to monarchs like Chatrapati Shivaji, Krishnadev Rai, Gupta dynasty, Pushyamitra Sunga etc with respect to Capacity, Courage, Character and devotion to Dharma. In fact our default model of ideal governance historically has been "Benevolent Monarchy". The current model of electoral democracy based on universal sufferage will collapse under its own weight sooner or later.

The one thing this democracy has been extremely successful in is Mediocrity and as a consequence is also very good at wasting potential.
vinamr_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinamr_s »

darshhan wrote:
Maria wrote:
This is the truth. Nothing anecdotal about it and definitely nothing wrong about it. This is true for me and it is true for most of us including probably you. If you want to test this theory just ask yourself a simple question. Does any so called democratically elected leader since 1947 come close to monarchs like Chatrapati Shivaji, Krishnadev Rai, Gupta dynasty, Pushyamitra Sunga etc with respect to Capacity, Courage, Character and devotion to Dharma. In fact our default model of ideal governance historically has been "Benevolent Monarchy". The current model of electoral democracy based on universal sufferage will collapse under its own weight sooner or later.

The one thing this democracy has been extremely successful in is Mediocrity and as a consequence is also very good at wasting potential.
1. Everyone’s anecdotal evidence is subject to sampling bias, and it is more so when you’re an educated middle/upper-middle class Bhartiya.

2. All those who like an oligarchical/monarchical setup over democracy must ask themselves one question: what system would they like to have in their corporation for selection/appointment of their Board of Directors and CEO? Next, they should approach shareholders of corporations and suggest them to implement it. Finally, based on the responses they get from the shareholders, think of what system would fit well for their government.

The relationship between a corporation’s CEO, Board of Directors and sharehodlers is quite similar to a country’s PM, CMs, representatives & judges and citizens in the sense of the intent, incentives, etc of players.

3. It is funny that you’re comparing 75 years with [whatever] years to come to a conclusion about governing systems; but that is hardly of any importance when the kind of analysis that is being attempted is being done ignoring the limitations of studying the actions of rulers of past in the present, especially with the kind of characteristics on which they are expected to be examined on.
Last edited by vinamr_s on 19 Jun 2021 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

vinamr_s wrote:The relationship between a corporation’s CEO, Board of Directors and sharehodlers is quite similar to a country’s PM, CMs, representatives & judges and citizens in the sense of the intent, incentives, etc of players.
Saar I agree with the gist of your point but a corporation can't be compared to a country. For starters, shareholders have voluntarily bought into a corporation and as such are invested in the overall goodwill of the said corporation. The same can't be said about a country and its citizens.

The intent & incentives are vastly different.
vinamr_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinamr_s »

m_saini wrote:
vinamr_s wrote:The relationship between a corporation’s CEO, Board of Directors and sharehodlers is quite similar to a country’s PM, CMs, representatives & judges and citizens in the sense of the intent, incentives, etc of players.
Saar I agree with the gist of your point but a corporation can't be compared to a country. For starters, shareholders have voluntarily bought into a corporation and as such are invested in the overall goodwill of the said corporation. The same can't be said about a country and its citizens.

The intent & incentives are vastly different.
:) One is free to leave their country of birth and become a citizen of any other country willing to accept them. They’ll also have to “bargain” to get a citizenship, just like people bargain while purchasing stock. :rotfl:
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

If only things were that simple
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

vinamr_s wrote:
:) One is free to leave their country of birth and become a citizen of any other country willing to accept them. They’ll also have to “bargain” to get a citizenship, just like people bargain while purchasing stock. :rotfl:
Not sure if you're trolling but that's not true at all.