2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Ambar »

chetak wrote:
Ambar wrote:Unless the Congress manages to once again shoot itself in the foot, 2022 assembly elections in Punjab should be a cakewalk . I have a feeling that Channi is just a placeholder until the elections. He is relatively low key, he is a dalit (negates BJP's dalit card), he is not pro-Khalistani, so once Congress has Punjab in its bag they'll place Siddhu in the CM seat.

If i was Gehlot i would be very worried. BJP has less than zero chances in Punjab but there's a good chance of BJP coming back to power in Rajasthan if only it can prop up a new face in place of Raje.
can't really make out what or who raje stands for.

turning out to be a huge hurdle on so many fronts
There's a brewing crisis in BJP RJ with rumors circulating that Vasundhra Raje may float her own party if she is not made the BJP CM candidate for the next elections. BJP high command on the other hand seems to have finally realized that Vasundhra Raje is a huge dud when it comes to administration, and is single handedly responsible for BJP's drubbing in the last assembly elections. More curiously though the Raje faction is said to have promised Gehlot some sort of a support in case Pilot takes away few MLAs.

Depending on what happens between now and 2023 BJP has 2 options for RJ - Either grind its teeth and tolerate Vasundhra Raje once again or push Gajendra Singh Shekhawat or possibly even Narendra Tomar as the CM candidate, although the later being from MP may rise some questions.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

triank wrote:
if any of you has been following 'sabloktantra' channel, can you pls tell what's happening with it? the channel though is back, but it seems jootube's hanky-panky with it has not stopped. just y'day i watched a recent upload of his, a commentary on Sadguru's remark on the DGH. and now i cant find that video! :-?
Youtube is de-monetizing or out right banning all pro-India channels. 'Sabloktantra' and its back up channel 'Truth and Dare' were both banned permanently in the same week. Since then it took a court case for youtube to allow a new 'Sabloktantra' but now it looks like even the new channel is gone. We only have ourselves to blame that despite all our IT prowess we have failed to create desi alternatives to youtube, twitter, facebook, whatsapp. What stops our IT companies from building alternatives or atleast attempting to buy companies like Vimeo or Signal ? Even when we do create something it is poorly named and poorly designed copies of existing media platforms - ex : tootar, koo.
triank
BRFite -Trainee

Post by triank »

Ambar wrote:
triank wrote:
if any of you has been following 'sabloktantra' channel, can you pls tell what's happening with it? the channel though is back, but it seems jootube's hanky-panky with it has not stopped. just y'day i watched a recent upload of his, a commentary on Sadguru's remark on the DGH. and now i cant find that video! :-?
Youtube is de-monetizing or out right banning all pro-India channels. 'Sabloktantra' and its back up channel 'Truth and Dare' were both banned permanently in the same week. Since then it took a court case for youtube to allow a new 'Sabloktantra' but now it looks like even the new channel is gone. We only have ourselves to blame that despite all our IT prowess we have failed to create desi alternatives to youtube, twitter, facebook, whatsapp. What stops our IT companies from building alternatives or atleast attempting to buy companies like Vimeo or Signal ? Even when we do create something it is poorly named and poorly designed copies of existing media platforms - ex : tootar, koo.
he was back with 'sabloktantra baba' & then 'sab loktantra'. but that particular video, i couldnt find today.
also in it he was emphatically asking viewers to go & register/follow his website @ sabloktantra.com. its a site under development & looks promising, with his backup videos.
i hope he has backups of videos of his deleted channels. many of them were too good & whatsapp-circulatable!
SinghS
BRFite

Post by SinghS »

Ambar wrote:We only have ourselves to blame that despite all our IT prowess we have failed to create desi alternatives to youtube, twitter, facebook, whatsapp. What stops our IT companies from building alternatives or atleast attempting to buy companies like Vimeo or Signal ? Even when we do create something it is poorly named and poorly designed copies of existing media platforms - ex : tootar, koo.
The problem is our investment ecosystem. All VCs and other investment ecosystem is designed to exploit our vast market but keep the same companies away from exploiting the western market.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

triank wrote:
Ambar wrote:
he was back with 'sabloktantra baba' & then 'sab loktantra'. but that particular video, i couldnt find today.
also in it he was emphatically asking viewers to go & register/follow his website @ sabloktantra.com. its a site under development & looks promising, with his backup videos.
i hope he has backups of videos of his deleted channels. many of them were too good & whatsapp-circulatable!
I contributed to his patreon account. His site sabloktantra.com has links to his old videos that are now hosted on vimeo. He mentioned on facebook that if youtube continues to ban him he will work on hosting his videos on his own server. Ofcourse the problem with that approach is he won't find new subscribers and the reach of videos will be very limited.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

MQ always favored EJ CMs in the states. Rajashekar Reddy for example. Ajit Jogi another one. Punjab was/is hot bed for conversions. Looking like a Sikh is nothing. Many EJs looking and dress like Sikhs.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Mahant Narendra Giri Maharaj, Akhara Parishad Head, Found Dead in Prayagraj; PM Modi Condoles Demise
His body was recovered under suspicious circumstances in Prayagrag and police probe is on.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed his sadness at the incident. “The death of Akhara Parishad President Shri Narendra Giri ji is extremely sad. While devoted to spiritual traditions, he played a big role in connecting many streams of Sant Samaj together. May the Lord place them at your feet, he said.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Hearing that Adani media may buy NDTV :lol:
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Seeing that Adani group hired the former editor of notorious anti-India commie rag 'The Quint', I don't expect anything to change even if they acquire NDTV. These businessmen be it the Tatas or Ambanis or Adanis, for right or wrong only have the interest of their business in mind and not that of the nation.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chetak wrote:Image
what is he doing about it?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

this is the bigoted sidhu of old.

the new one will not be any better

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

It is not bigoted; I can relate more to South Indians than Jatt Sikhs. I can't understand more than a word in 10 of their rural dialect. In the Sauth they speak Angreji.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

sanjaykumar wrote:It is not bigoted; I can relate more to South Indians than Jatt Sikhs. I can't understand more than a word in 10 of their rural dialect. In the Sauth they speak Angreji.
I doubt if Sidhu can understand the Majha dialect of Punjabi.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

cross-posting from QUAD:
http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news ... rs-of-war/
Interesting take by the author!!
But reading certain historical passages our founding fathers (if not all but quite a few 'Stalwart' ones) were enamoured by this 'Piece Prize' non-sense!!
The military top-brass post '62 had enough spine and sense but the babooze screwed the country and sold us down the river for a 'Few Schekels'
Be it Indira, Gujral or even for that Matter Atalji (one China policy)were mislead at critical junctures
As one of the members quite succinctly put it our Think-Tanks of the past were more of Chai-Biskoot/Chini Kum/Samoose main of Aloo types???
We have some great Military leaders like Thimmy, Sam Bahadur but some disasters like Thapar. But those disasters were deliberately placed their by the babooze and politicos in cahoot (each with with their own goals ie obtaining Hara-chitti or Piece-Prize)
The forming of AUSUK notwithstanding QUAD shows WW2 mentality is still the driving force
The great in all this is who after Modiji!! Will he or she have enough spine to stand up to the babooze
triank
BRFite -Trainee

Post by triank »

Ambar wrote:
triank wrote:
I contributed to his patreon account. His site sabloktantra.com has links to his old videos that are now hosted on vimeo. He mentioned on facebook that if youtube continues to ban him he will work on hosting his videos on his own server. Ofcourse the problem with that approach is he won't find new subscribers and the reach of videos will be very limited.
i think he can benefit by opening an alternative/main account on telegram too, where his videos should be uploaded, which'll act as a backup account too. he'll find many new as well as existing subscribers there.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

https://t.me/TruthnDare

Sablok Tantra is on Telegram at the above link. Please also support him on Patreon. He was relying on income from Youtube (video monetization) to continue producing content. Mass reporting campaigns by Pakis & BIFs deprived him of that.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Charanjit Singh Channi As Punjab CM
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah! Ho Ho Ho!

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

If CJI can't even get rid of colonial baggage like Hizzonzer, milord, yourlordship... and black robe, white neck band etc can we expect higher levels of decolonisation?
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

SBajwa wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:^^This old fool has only himself to blame. Despite having an impressive name of Amarendrasimha, he is ending up looking like an old and weak buffoon. His nationalist sentiments would have been of better use a few years ago when he could have taken a good chunk of MLAs to join the BJP, thereby allowing SAD to be cut loose and for the state to have a strong nationalist party presence. Unfortunately, "better late than never" doesn't work in this case. The inaction of well-meaning morons is worse than the misdeeds of malafides.
Well., at least Amarinder Singh is trying to show his Patriotism by wearing Sikh Regiment turban.
OK, now let us see if he lives up to the Sikh Regiment motto: "Nischay Kar Apni Jeet Karon". He was winning elections for the anti-national BIF party, now let us see if he can do it for the right reasons.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

I do not live in Punjab. Does any one have an opinion on how Congress wins any election after 1984 in Punjab? If there in one state that should never elect a congress government surely must be Punjab.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

Lisa wrote:I do not live in Punjab. Does any one have an opinion on how Congress wins any election after 1984 in Punjab? If there in one state that should never elect a congress government surely must be Punjab.
I believe that comes down to having Akali Dal as the only viable option and that wasnt really great at the time.
The congress' game plan has been to play good cop/bad cop between the center and state party units.

As an example: during the telangana state agitation, the congress (which was both at the state and at the center) at the state told the people "we are with you, we also want the state to be partitioned, we are waiting for Sona Gandhi to give her blessing". effectivly putting the onus of delyaed statehood on the center.

mind you, the state congress politicians are closer to the people than the ones from the center.

somehow this also feels like the "plausible deniability" excuse from TSP - the good things get fully owned by the family and the bad things get lost in the cracks between the state and central congress.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Cyrano wrote:If CJI can't even get rid of colonial baggage like Hizzonzer, milord, yourlordship... and black robe, white neck band etc can we expect higher levels of decolonisation?
Judge Ramana is not a very impressive man.

He recently made a big thing out of judges supposedly not having the cushy life that people imagine, because they often have to work late on cases.

This is the level of his mental functioning. No interest in whether the deliberately creaky and slow court system actually has the responsibility to deliver timely and sensible justice to Indians who pay the bills.
triank
BRFite -Trainee

Post by triank »

Rudradev wrote:https://t.me/TruthnDare

Sablok Tantra is on Telegram at the above link. Please also support him on Patreon. He was relying on income from Youtube (video monetization) to continue producing content. Mass reporting campaigns by Pakis & BIFs deprived him of that.
dhanyawaad for the link!
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Rachit Kaushik (sabloktantra) said it was speaking against bhai(bolly)wood which did him in. He must have really hit a raw nerve of someone important enough in bollywood that they went after him with such a vengeance. By the time election arrives most pro-national channels with over 50k subscribers will get taken down. Rachit shared an email he received from youtube justifying why 'sabloktantra' was banned, the email was so poorly drafted that i wonder if google has outsourced its content vigilance to 3rd party companies, and if it is these companies (could well be pakistan based) that are going after Indian youtubers.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

^^^^
that is some piece of info from Lokatantra Ambar Saar. I thought he was targeted once he spoke about love jihad in Jr. Akthar recenlty released movie (fighter i think). But Jr. Akhtar reach isn't that big, to get you tube honchos can take down a video. or maybe the ecosystem is well oiled to take care of their own ideologically speaking. it should be interesting if you can share any more info that has been put out by him on which bigwigs or what was exactly done.
Arnab had also accused then K Jo of interfering to get his segment not aired and was one of the reasons for him to walk out of Times Now and start the Republic channel.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Lisa wrote:I do not live in Punjab. Does any one have an opinion on how Congress wins any election after 1984 in Punjab? If there in one state that should never elect a congress government surely must be Punjab.
I had the same question in mind and asked a Sikh friend who was formerly in Mumbai and now settled in Punjab this question and i am quoting his verbatim whatsapp message:
Jat Sikhs are only 28% of population whereas 31% are Dalit who can be sikhs or christians, this vote is always for sale and rest is Hindu vote which is largely with congress with BJP having a 5% share.

So Woke Hindu's + Dalit/christian/SC/ST votes is enabling the Italian Mafia rule in Punjab.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

^^^
I doubt it is the wokeness. It looks like BJP's alliance with Akalis allowed the Congress to capture the Hindu vote. Bad strategy by the BJP. Even though the Akalis now broke the alliance with BJP, the Hindu vote stays with Congress. What can BJP do to shift the Hindu vote to itself?

I am not familiar with the social dynamics in Punjab. Above is just my guess.
triank
BRFite -Trainee

Post by triank »

Ambar wrote:Rachit Kaushik (sabloktantra) said it was speaking against bhai(bolly)wood which did him in. He must have really hit a raw nerve of someone important enough in bollywood that they went after him with such a vengeance. By the time election arrives most pro-national channels with over 50k subscribers will get taken down. Rachit shared an email he received from youtube justifying why 'sabloktantra' was banned, the email was so poorly drafted that i wonder if google has outsourced its content vigilance to 3rd party companies, and if it is these companies (could well be pakistan based) that are going after Indian youtubers.
venkat_kv wrote:^^^^
that is some piece of info from Lokatantra Ambar Saar. I thought he was targeted once he spoke about love jihad in Jr. Akthar recenlty released movie (fighter i think). But Jr. Akhtar reach isn't that big, to get you tube honchos can take down a video. or maybe the ecosystem is well oiled to take care of their own ideologically speaking. it should be interesting if you can share any more info that has been put out by him on which bigwigs or what was exactly done.
Arnab had also accused then K Jo of interfering to get his segment not aired and was one of the reasons for him to walk out of Times Now and start the Republic channel.
yes this time it had started with 'roasting' of akhtar. to me it seemed that rachit had quite upped his sarcasm/criticism-ante esp against bullywood & somewhere i had anticipated that he'll attract the 'evil eye' attention of YT/its minions. if you recall, the trailer of 'sadak 2' had got so many dislikes ('historical' in itself), that YT disabled the like-dislike buttons of the trailer-video of some subsequent movie of i think the khujliwala-bhatt-camp altogether!
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Vips wrote:
I had the same question in mind and asked a Sikh friend who was formerly in Mumbai and now settled in Punjab this question and i am quoting his verbatim whatsapp message:
Jat Sikhs are only 28% of population whereas 31% are Dalit who can be sikhs or christians, this vote is always for sale and rest is Hindu vote which is largely with congress with BJP having a 5% share.

So Woke Hindu's + Dalit/christian/SC/ST votes is enabling the Italian Mafia rule in Punjab.
It is really a shameful commentary on intellectual capacity of Hindus that only 5% vote for BJP in Punjab. The rest vote for the rabidly anti-Hindu Congress. When Aurobindo Ghosh saw the blind worship of Congress by Hindus despite its pro-Muslim and anti-Hindu stand, he famously quipped: "Hindus have lost the capacity to think."
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

sanjayc wrote: It is really a shameful commentary on intellectual capacity of Hindus that only 5% vote for BJP in Punjab. The rest vote for the rabidly anti-Hindu Congress. When Aurobindo Ghosh saw the blind worship of Congress by Hindus despite its pro-Muslim and anti-Hindu stand, he famously quipped: "Hindus have lost the capacity to think."
People will vote based on their local scenario and considerations. There are hardly any Muslims in Punjab so the pro-Muslim tilt of the congis is neither visible nor relevant. Even in Bengal where it was very much visible (for the TMC) and had real world impacts on Hindus, we saw what happened. People's voting preferences are not based on one issue even one that is so starkly evident and alarming (to us) as this one.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

What Hindus did in Bengal again proves the point about mental blindness of Hindus and their willingness to become accomplices in their own persecution. After being ruled for 800 years by rulers of hostile religions, Hindus have taken that as the standard governance framework. Hence, they have no problem in still voting for rabid anti-Hindus to rule over them. It is like back to normal for them. Hence DMK in TN, Mamta in WB, Congress in Punjab, communists in Kerala will keep winning despite Hindus being in majority and being actively persecuted and discriminated against.

This is largely due to stupidity of Hindu males who suffer from some kind of brain fog. And their women bear the brunt of this stupidity when Muslims descend on them. In Bengal, Kashmir, etc. horrifying atrocities on Hindu women because Hindu male will keep voting for anti-Hindus without comprehending that their women will pay the bill for this stupidity. Same stupidity seen in Gandhi and Nehru who did not allow transfer of population. Now for every Hindu woman killed in love Jihad or raped by Muslims either in India or Pakistan - these Hindu women are paying the bill for the stupidity of these two Hindu male asses. Talking to some Kashmiri Pandit males even today will reconfirm this gene of stupidity they suffer from.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

nachiket wrote:People will vote based on their local scenario and considerations. There are hardly any Muslims in Punjab so the pro-Muslim tilt of the congis is neither visible nor relevant. Even in Bengal where it was very much visible (for the TMC) and had real world impacts on Hindus, we saw what happened. People's voting preferences are not based on one issue even one that is so starkly evident and alarming (to us) as this one.
Have you seen Muslims or Christians in any part of India voting for BJP based on "local scenarios and considerations"? Or are these local scenarios only visible to Hindu males?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

sanjayc wrote:
nachiket wrote:People will vote based on their local scenario and considerations. There are hardly any Muslims in Punjab so the pro-Muslim tilt of the congis is neither visible nor relevant. Even in Bengal where it was very much visible (for the TMC) and had real world impacts on Hindus, we saw what happened. People's voting preferences are not based on one issue even one that is so starkly evident and alarming (to us) as this one.
Have you seen Muslims or Christians in any part of India voting for BJP based on "local scenarios and considerations"? Or are these local scenarios only visible to Hindu males?
Relax I am only pointing out the situation. I did not say I agree with them. If it were up to me, no Hindu would ever vote for commies, Hindu-hating congis, MB, closet converts etc. Obviously that's not about to happen. So rather than arrogantly declaring that all Hindu males are stupid I'm just making an attempt to understand why people might vote the way they do.

As for Mulsims and other minorities, they behave exactly like minorities elsewhere in trying to maximize their power as a voting block. You see this with Muslims in western countries, and even racial and ethnic minorities. The majority community on the other hand always seems to be divided. In India we all know this is even done intentionally by both the media and the politicians by magnifying caste and language faultlines and even going so far as to try and hide atrocities and crimes committed by Muslims on Dalits and other backward castes to create a false environment of Muslim-Dalit brotherhood. The Muslim population itself has been brainwashed over years by the Urdu and English press to believe that their very existence is threatened by the BJP and their only purpose in an election is to somehow defeat them. There is no such mass program to convince Hindus into believing they need to vote as a block for their very survival. And the results are clear.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

My opinion based on observations of Punjabi friends from both sides of the border is that in Punjab, ethnicity trumps religion or other factors. Most West Punjabis support the Congress (and they were not affected by events in 1984), and this influences the minority East Punjabi population enough to tilt the balance in favor of the Congress. The politician Sidhu is just stating fact as posted above.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

vera_k wrote:
My opinion based on observations of Punjabi friends from both sides of the border is that in Punjab, ethnicity trumps religion or other factors. Most West Punjabis support the Congress (and they were not affected by events in 1984), .
"West Punjabis" = Pakistanis? That's what I typically understand the term to mean.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

I think he means Sikh refugees who escaped to Indian side of Punjab in 1947
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Oh, I meant Pakistanis for sure. I got curious after observing a number of cross-border (sometimes cross-religion) marriages or attempted alliances. Therefore asked the question as to why when travel would not be straightforward. My observations were in the USA, but should be valid in the subcontinent as the USA just provides neutral territory for ethnic bonds to resurface.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

vera_k wrote:Oh, I meant Pakistanis for sure. I got curious after observing a number of cross-border (sometimes cross-religion) marriages or attempted alliances. Therefore asked the question as to why when travel would not be straightforward. My observations were in the USA, but should be valid in the subcontinent as the USA just provides neutral territory for ethnic bonds to resurface.
How would Pakistanis (even if Sikh/Hindu in this context) affect the electoral fortunes of the Congress in our Punjab? A few cross border marriages here and there would make no difference.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

I'd dismissed the thought, but seeing the statement from the Punjab Congress chief made me realize that there is more to it. As a rational actor, that statement would not be made unless it helps electorally.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Sidhu's statement is from 2018 not now. His paki loving tendencies are not new. As for being rational actors, this election was a lock for the Congress if they had stuck with Amarinder. Now he is saying he will try his best to make sure Sidhu loses. A rational actor would have probably not tried to set his own house on fire like this.