2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote:Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will address the nation at 5 PM today, 7th June
I get a feeling that Modi will make announcements that Centre would now procure vaccines and then supply it to the states.And he will get no credits for that, as that would be seen a victory of Hizzoners and the states with non-BJP parties who put up a gallant fight against Modi & BJP :D .
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Haresh wrote:Modi’s bulldozing of parliament shows him as the architect of a Hindu Taliban

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesig ... ish-kapoor

Questions:

1/ what is going to happen to the old parliament building ??

2/ When was this Central Vista scheme first envisaged ?
Don't have to go too far to get answers..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_V ... t_building
A new triangular building to house Parliament will be built beside the existing structure as the first building under the project. The new structure will be spread on area of 20,866 m² and will have a built-up area of 694,270 sq ft (64,500 m2), throughout 4 floors (16,125 m² each floor) and will have a larger seating capacity than the current building as India aims to expand its parliament in 2026. The new Rajya Sabha hall will have a capacity of 384 seats while the new Lok Sabha hall will have 888 seats, with additional capacity up to 1,272 seats for hosting joint sessions. It will have digital interface systems, will consume significantly less power and serve for following 150 years[20] while the older structure will be retained as an archeological asset of the country and will be modified for more functional spaces for parliament.[21] The project is expected to be completed in 2024. TATA projects won the bid to construct the building at a cost of ₹861.90 crores in September 2020 [22] and began construction in January 2021.
One of the most detailed articles about the project, well worth the read:
https://www.opindia.com/2020/12/central ... retariate/
Master plan as shown in the same article:

So much for al-guardian's wet dreams about a Hindu taliban...
Last edited by arshyam on 07 Jun 2021 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
RajeevK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RajeevK »

Haresh wrote: Questions:

To me is appears that this guy wanted to be involved in the project as it is a very prestigious once in a lifetime project and would have made him even more famous and a part of Indian history. He is close to Congress. But since Congress is out of power, he could not wriggle his way in as he would have had to compete in an open competition. Hence the angst.

Old parliament building will still be there and converted to e a museum. The new parliament (~971 crore rupees) is to be ready before the next year's winter session. And the central vista avenue project (~400 crore) has to be ready before next year's republic day parade as that is where the parade is held. Hence the focus on these two projects.

Here is a balanced write up.
To Build Or Not To Build, That Is The Question
----
First, old historical ones like the Parliament House, North and South Block, which will be retained and repurposed. Second, the new ones like the new parliament house, Combined Central secretariat, SPG Complex, PM and vice-president residences will be built alongside and third, some buildings which will indeed be demolished. Now it is no one's case that the buildings like Krishi Bhavan, Nirman Bhavan, Raksha Bhavan, Shastri Bhawan, Udyog Bhavan, IGNCA annex built in post-independent India are great aesthetic marvels. Most are disjointed PWD constructed products of their times which in today’s work environment are costly to maintain, not amenable to ideal fitments required in modern intelligent buildings
----
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

It was initially started in 2012. The old one will be saved as a monument.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Haresh wrote:Modi’s bulldozing of parliament shows him as the architect of a Hindu Taliban

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesig ... ish-kapoor

Questions:

'The Guardian' is a well known far left rag, their predictable propaganda aside here are the answers to your questions :

1. The old parliament building will be preserved, modernized and used for archives, museum and special government functions.
2. The demand for construction of a new parliament along with new offices for all the secretariats dates back to the 80s during Rajiv Gandhi's time. It has been discussed on and off but with the old building literally crumbling ,the 'Centra Vista' redevelopment project became a matter renewed urgency during UPA-2.

Remember for decades now many secretariats are forced to rent office space from private parties in New Delhi, most of these office buildings are owned either directly or indirectly by politicians or their cronies who benefit from the old parliament building. Every development from farm bill to central vista will be protested by the vested interests because they fear the end to their status quo.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Infusion of more than one billion dollars in four trading sessions is not a miracle but complete trust in PM @narendramodi who's a game changer for #India Inc.

While advanced countries are still limping to normalcy; India's #Sensex is scaling new heights!!
via@ArunDeshpande20

GST over 1 lakh cr for 8th month in row

Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Free Covid-19 vaccine for all above 18 years from June 21: Modi
PM Modi's address to naation: Here are the key takeaways

To be frank, I feel Modi & GoI has only taken more problems to his shoulders. One, state governments (and opposition parties) still get a chance to play political games as the last mile connectivity is still through them. They can create artificial scarcity, and lay blame on GoI. Secondly, the hizzoners and 'seculars' will claim (and win that claim) by saying they forced Modi & BJP to change their earlier stance. With the current media offensive clearly hitting the BJP, I don't think they will be able to get out of this as well.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Sachin wrote:
chetak wrote:Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will address the nation at 5 PM today, 7th June
I get a feeling that Modi will make announcements that Centre would now procure vaccines and then supply it to the states.And he will get no credits for that, as that would be seen a victory of Hizzoners and the states with non-BJP parties who put up a gallant fight against Modi & BJP :D .
Spot on, both for what Modi ended up announcing, as well as the political reactions. Best was yetchury bloviating about centre not doing anything to prepare for the pandemic. Did anyone throw him a crumb of an RS seat yet? :lol:
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

arshyam wrote: Master plan as shown in the same article:
I am new to Lutyens' Delhi. My knowledge of Dilli begins & ends with yearly Republic Day parade (my favourite holiday in the calendar year). This is held on the Rajpath. So, what will the Central Vista do to the yearly parade? Will it be still on Rajpath? Or, moved to another road/street?
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

While I do not have any hope from the political process or political leaders, I have to appreciate this guy. May Bhagwan give more strength to Himanta Biswa Sarma so that he continues to serve Dharma.
Assam Launches Drive To Clear Encroachments On Lands Belonging To Hindu Religious Institutions

Assam has launched an intensive drive to remove encroachments, mostly by Bangladesh-origin Muslims, from lands belonging to Hindu religious institutions like mandirs and xatras (Vaishnavite monasteries).

On Sunday (6 June), state authorities freed 120 bighas of land belonging to an ancient Shiv mandir at Dhalpur village near Sipajhar in Darrang district that had been encroached on by Bangladesh-origin Muslims.

Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma had promised during the campaign for the assembly elections to remove all encroachments on lands belonging to religious institutions and the government.

The state government had, in the past, too, removed hundreds of encroachers from government lands, including reserve forests.

A large number of illegal occupiers and squatters were removed from Kaziranga National Park a few years ago. It is no secret that almost all these squatters on government and other lands are illegal Muslim infiltrators from Bangladesh or their descendants.

According to state government sources, about 180 bighas of land belonging to the Shiv mandir at Sipajhar had been illegally occupied by Bangladesh-origin Muslims.

“We have removed these infiltrators from 120 bighas and will take up an eviction drive in the rest very soon,” said a district official.

Eviction drives were carried out here in the past, too, when Congress was in power.

RajeevK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RajeevK »

la.khan wrote: I am new to Lutyens' Delhi. My knowledge of Dilli begins & ends with yearly Republic Day parade (my favourite holiday in the calendar year). This is held on the Rajpath. So, what will the Central Vista do to the yearly parade? Will it be still on Rajpath? Or, moved to another road/street?
Rajpath is part of Central Vista Avenue, the project name is 'Redevelopment of Central Vista Avenue' .

Central Vista: Govt starts work on Rajpath redevelopment
----
The 3km-long Central Vista Avenue stretches from North & South Block to India Gate, and includes Rajpath, its adjoining lawns and canals, rows of trees, Vijay Chowk and the India Gate plaza.
---
The complete project is called 'Central Vista Redevelopment project'
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

$ometimes one wonder$ as to which team the$e guy$ are batting for

Seems to be confusing the right to free speech with some illdefined, fanciful, and woke liberandu concept of right to anonymity which simply cannot be accepted. jack on crack is also pushing for a similar thing

What is wrong is holding people accountable for their words and why let some gora megalomaniac like jack on crack have any say in our democratic processes

That's how traditional media works and it will put a lid of fake news.

KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

darshhan wrote:While I do not have any hope from the political process or political leaders, I have to appreciate this guy. May Bhagwan give more strength to Himanta Biswa Sarma so that he continues to serve Dharma.
A rare useful post from your handle. Yogi Adityanath has been doing this in UP for the last 6 months already. More states will join one by one.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

KL Dubey wrote:
darshhan wrote:While I do not have any hope from the political process or political leaders, I have to appreciate this guy. May Bhagwan give more strength to Himanta Biswa Sarma so that he continues to serve Dharma.
A rare useful post from your handle. Yogi Adityanath has been doing this in UP for the last 6 months already. More states will join one by one.
Well I like Yogi ji also. I do not doubt his intentions as far as integrity and ideological clarity is concerned. But the truth is that he has been fooled by state Administration, police and other govt dept officials. Abuse of power by officials is a persistent feature of his administration. His ideological commitment is definitely more than Namo but in terms of Political accumen he has a long way to go. I hope that he will learn eventually.

He might still scrape through in UP 2022 VS elections but BJP will take some damage if corrective action is not taken asap. The loss will be anywhere from 50-100 seats. Still enough for BJP to form the UP govt. But also an ominous signal for 2024 LS elections.
LakshmanPST
BRFite

Post by LakshmanPST »

la.khan wrote: I am new to Lutyens' Delhi. My knowledge of Dilli begins & ends with yearly Republic Day parade (my favourite holiday in the calendar year). This is held on the Rajpath. So, what will the Central Vista do to the yearly parade? Will it be still on Rajpath? Or, moved to another road/street?
One of the works in Central Vista project is to modernize and standardize seating arrangements for Republic Day Parade...
Currently, arrangements take a couple of months and they also damage the parks over there... Every year, they build concrete structures only to dismantle them after the parade... They also build temporary bridges on the artificial lakes...
All this will change in the new project where seating will be modular and won't take more than a couple of weeks to prepare... This temporary seating will be integrated with the redesign of the parks and lakes...

For full details of the project, watch this video---> https://youtu.be/vX3d5RO8H1M

Regarding Republic Day, watch from 1:08:00 where he starts talking about '4. Refurbishing Central Vista Avenue'
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Sachin, NaMo taking over the vaccination drive is a national imperative.
Vaccination is on a critical path to mitigate and stop the pandemic.

On one hand vaccination drive and other hand healthcare improvements will have the pandemic under control.
Next will be steps to improve the economy.
If you note he also announced food grains support to the people till Deepavali by which time quite a few people will be vaccinated.

One bonus is the states running to Pfizer et al to cut private deals will not happen.
And the constant mismanagement of vaccines and profiteering by States and the daily drama should reduce.

Chetak that data protection bill was written in 2018 before the snakes bared their fangs.

What will come will be much different.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

la.khan wrote:
I am new to Lutyens' Delhi. My knowledge of Dilli begins & ends with yearly Republic Day parade (my favourite holiday in the calendar year). This is held on the Rajpath. So, what will the Central Vista do to the yearly parade? Will it be still on Rajpath? Or, moved to another road/street?

Central Vista looks like Bhima's gada to break Lootyens grip on Dilli!!!
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^^ Good visualization, ramana saar :mrgreen:
la.khan wrote:
<removed image>
Nothing - the parade will continue along the same route as before.

These new buildings are coming alongside the road, by mostly replacing existing ones. So it will not eat into the space needed by the parade, though there will be temporary barricades while construction is on-going. In fact, it is going on without stoppage right through the second wave because they need to finish a bulk of the work before January 2022 so the next year's parade can happen without a hitch.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

The key to understanding the opportunistic opposition by the opposition is the ₹1000 crores in annual rent paid by GoI for occupying office buildings around Delhi due to a lack of comprehensive plan over the decades to accommodate the seat of the govt. Net result is a patchwork of facilities in this area, including what is known as "hutments" :shock: for military personnel. One can imagine the kind of security that can be enforced in such a facility.

So who owns these buildings?
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Also, I don't get the gloom and doom about the policy change announced by Modi yesterday. He clearly set the context for doing so, and even if we don't want to believe him, data shows that the states doing their own thing was an unmitigated disaster. From a sustained daily high of 3M+, the vaccination rate plummeted to less than a million, and took more than a month to recover. On top of this, there were issues like wastage and poor reporting, not to mention diverting state govt's stock to the private sector, Punjab-ishtyle.

As for dual pricing, it wasn't GoI's idea, per se. They simply asked the states to procure their own vaccines from 25% of production quota. GoI, having supported the manufacturers during ramp up, and having ordered in bulk, got the best price. Beyond that, GoI left the pricing to the discretion of the manufacturers. If one recalls, the manufacturers initially quoted a higher price for states (which was still less than the charge to private hospitals), and reduced it based on a backlash from these states. Basically, many states simply wanted a tactile connection to the honey pot, and a high price made that un-affordable. Notice the less noise once the prices were reduced a bit - I suspect it was because states got busy making money. But since GoI's policy about pricing gave leeway to the manufacturers, they reduced the prices somewhat, but did not come down to GoI-level pricing.

One can say it made for bad optics, sure. But not giving some pricing leeway to the manufacturers who had made big bets would also be bad optics. At the end of the day, it was a choice between the needs of the most vulnerable (45+ and poor) and encouraging further investment and innovation. Going by the other vaccine candidates coming into the limelight, I think the policy paid off. At some level, everyone knew that 18+ and poor also would be covered for free just like the GoI-funded 45+ and poor category. It was just a matter of time. And that's what has happened now. GoI could have simply announced covering this additional demographic, but then who'd buy from the states' quota? The latter had become a dog's breakfast anyway, so might as well merge it into the larger central pool and benefit from cheaper pricing.

Not saying this is a masterstroke or anything, but it was an experiment (demanded by the states) that failed. So back to the older and working model. That's pretty much it. Doubters can simply listen to Modi's speech and take his words at face value, because as always, the simplest explanation is right there.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

There was daily political attacks on how bad the Center's vaccination was and people must have believed the so called mighty state leaders who showed themselves filled with confidence and knowing how to vaccinate 18+. When the responsibility was handed over to them, they failed miserably and showed to their own people that they are only capable of writing letters. Now when the vaccination can be scaled up and both the categories can be vaccinated together, he took it back letting the people know that we are on the right path.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

ramana wrote:Sachin, NaMo taking over the vaccination drive is a national imperative.
As per my understanding Central Govt is procuring all the vaccines and then distributing it to states. The states can still mess up the vaccination to score brownie points. The vaccine delivery machinery (to common people) is still under state government control. New priority lists will be drawn up, and whether it would be benefitting the poor and marginalized needs to be seen. Kerala has been very secular here; Hajj pilgrims are on the priority list :roll:.
If you note he also announced food grains support to the people till Deepavali by which time quite a few people will be vaccinated.
That is a good move, and perhaps send positive indications to BJP's core vote bank area; Northern parts of India.
arshyam wrote:The key to understanding the opportunistic opposition by the opposition is the ₹1000 crores in annual rent paid by GoI for occupying office buildings around Delhi due to a lack of comprehensive plan over the decades to accommodate the seat of the govt.
There is a strong rumour that these buildings/properties are owned by the Indian National Congress or their realtor cronies who perhaps have been involved in this right after Independence.
From a sustained daily high of 3M+, the vaccination rate plummeted to less than a million, and took more than a month to recover. On top of this, there were issues like wastage and poor reporting, not to mention diverting state govt's stock to the private sector, Punjab-ishtyle.
The last mile connectivity is still through state health infrastructures. How much more close monitoring can central government do? States have already found ways to fudge data on the online tools etc. And they are doing it with impunity.
uddu wrote:When the responsibility was handed over to them, they failed miserably and showed to their own people that they are only capable of writing letters.
Like Sashi Kapoor says in an old Hindi move; "Mere pass media hein". The states will use the main stream media in their areas to hide their incompetence and poor financial management, and then hit back at the centre. In fact that has already started.

PS: A few commies in Kerala are dreaming about court intervention in fuel prices :roll:.
A Deshmukh
BRFite

Post by A Deshmukh »

arshyam wrote:The key to understanding the opportunistic opposition by the opposition is the ₹1000 crores in annual rent paid by GoI for occupying office buildings around Delhi
Apart from this, I believe there would be question of data security.
With offices spread all over, and with old buildings not geared for electronic security .
with new infrastructure, I am sure a lot of holes will get plugged.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nice initiative by the UP govt

darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Are there any Indian laws that hold the organization accountable and not the culprit to make this sort of things irrelevant?
Wanted By CBI, Abhishek Banerjee’s Ex-Aide And Trinamool Youth Congress Leader Fled To Polynesia, Renounced Indian Citizenship
https://swarajyamag.com/politics/wanted ... itizenship
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

It's nice of WION to lately have articles with words like variants and India with no reference to china or using images from china within the articles.
Scientists find new coronavirus variant in India which causes severe pneumonia, 'pathological changes in lungs'
https://www.wionews.com/india-news/scie ... ngs-390159
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Indian variant is called Delta variant not "indian"
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Sachin. This speech marks a milestone of new NaMo. Gloves are off.
The PMAY support till Diwali is a strong Hindu message.
I would caution any state that will mess with vaccination for that's critical path to controlling pandemic. That and the Healthcare infrastructure improvements being setup on urgent basis.

To all I urge drop the cynicsm and share the optimism.

And spread the word.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

After the fire in the SI premises, the govt is taking no chances.

There are political and jehadi forces inimical to the center in both states

The Centre has accorded a security cover of armed CISF commandos for the Hyderabad premises of Bharat Biotech, one of the major COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers in the country, official sources said on Tuesday. ... “The CISF, hence, has been tasked to secure the Bharat Biotech facility in Hyderabad,” an official said.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/bha ... 51386.html
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Puzzling! It took so long? These facilities and others like them needed to be guarded like nuclear reactors ages ago. They and their staff are responsible for millions/billions of lives. Why the wait?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lisa wrote:Puzzling! It took so long? These facilities and others like them needed to be guarded like nuclear reactors ages ago. They and their staff are responsible for millions/billions of lives. Why the wait?
I suspect that after the SI fire, the protection had already kicked in and now it has been formalized to send out a message about the consequences that come attached to any meddling in the vaccine drive

there are aspiring PM candidates here in TS who are legends in their own minds

This also is indicative of the fact that the SI "fire" in poona may not have been an "accident"
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote:SCOOP: Senior Congress Leader Jitin Prasada To Join BJP Months Ahead Of UP Assembly Polls
Will he be an asset or liability needs to be seen. The Congress 'culture' is often difficult to be removed. BJP can do without turn coats like Yeshwant Sinha and others.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:
chetak wrote:SCOOP: Senior Congress Leader Jitin Prasada To Join BJP Months Ahead Of UP Assembly Polls
Will he be an asset or liability needs to be seen. The Congress 'culture' is often difficult to be removed. BJP can do without turn coats like Yeshwant Sinha and others.

that's why I said "sinking ships and all that"

opportunists, every last one of them.

At least, he would have, hopefully, brought some pappu/pappi "secrets" along with him to sweeten the deal
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

His "agent" would have panicked and pointed out to him which side of the bread was buttered and who owned the bread as well as the butter.

It's pretty expensive to run a gas guzzling hummer purely on khalistani sentiments hence the quick and tactical downhill skiing

this guy is as khattarpanthi as they come along with his pal yuvraj singh

Last edited by chetak on 09 Jun 2021 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

Sachin wrote:
This takes the sail out of Congress plan to coalsce the brahmins vote and then partner with SP to jointly challenge BJP. SP will find it much more difficult to challenge the Yogi ji Gov.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Roasted as he surely is, why isn't anyone asking the turkey about peta's and the fierce shilpa shitty's "compassion"

peta now wants amul to ditch their dairy milk business move to chemically made "plant sourced" milk to show compassion to the cows and buffaloes.

uncle bill the gates owns some serious stock in such plant milk companies.

PETA India@PetaIndia

A very #HappyBirthday to the fierce @TheShilpaShetty

Thank you for speaking up for animals abused in circuses and helping to create a more compassionate world
10:00 AM · Jun 8, 2021

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Not just Jitin Prasada joining BJP, but Rajasthan seems back on the boil again...Pilot and his 18 MLAs still unhappy.

https://www.oneindia.com/india/after-ji ... ml?story=1
https://www.republicworld.com/india-new ... urces.html

It seems like Scindia has been helping things along with all the above people....