2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Ambar »

Speaking of self-goals , one of the unfortunate characters BJP admitted into the party in recent years is the controversial former governor of J&K and the current governor of Meghalaya Shri Satyapal Malik. Just like our beloved Subramanian Swamy, a week doesn't pass without Satyapal Malik making a statement with the sole aim of embarrassing the very government he represents. A video has gone viral of Satyapal Malik speaking at a Jat community function in Rajasthan where he made several controversial statements including threatening the PM of violence if the demands of farmers are not met, reminding him of Indira's assassination and warning Modi that the sikhs and jats never forget and never forgive. With friends like these who needs enemies ?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Also TN INC DMK has shut drilling in cauvery basin for petroleum gas deposits, UPA had a pro diesel with except 4 cities where only BS 3 was sold, it was a disastrous health policy, USA China do not allow private cars to run on diesel due to Nox. Energy policy requires huge investment in alternative sources which is investment is happening but reward takes time.

Also under NDA our consumption of Petrol Diesel has gone up since this Government has help a lot poor become LMC, whereas under UPA policy favoured middle class. Plus 30 lakh crore Banking debt had disappeared to foreign bank accounts in foreign economies when power was handed over in 2014. 5 lakh crore has been returned. Now the leakage has been stopped, UK and Swiss are not standing in line to return thier illgotten wealth, all the Nirav Modi and Mallya are in the UK why, even DK Shivakumar Benami Nithyananda escaped with the money.

We have to pay for the colossal blunder of voting UPA in 2004-14. Why were huge amounts estimated 30 lakh crore hole in banking system- only the public will have to pay. No INC, DMK,NGO CPI, and related people within the political Judicial system are willing to return their illgotten wealth.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Ambar wrote:Speaking of self-goals , one of the unfortunate characters BJP admitted into the party in recent years is the controversial former governor of J&K and the current governor of Meghalaya Shri Satyapal Malik. Just like our beloved Subramanian Swamy, a week doesn't pass without Satyapal Malik making a statement with the sole aim of embarrassing the very government he represents. A video has gone viral of Satyapal Malik speaking at a Jat community function in Rajasthan where he made several controversial statements including threatening the PM of violence if the demands of farmers are not met, reminding him of Indira's assassination and warning Modi that the sikhs and jats never forget and never forgive. With friends like these who needs enemies ?
where did they find this joker? here is the snippet of the video i saw. https://sabloktantra.com/Home/single_video/2975410732 start at 6:00

he is talking abt the assassination of Army cheif Gen AS vidya and comparing him to Gen Dyer in the presence of army officers. i got such a High BP that i forgot abt the farm law repeal.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

And this idiot was made as the J&K Governor between 2018-19 when article 35a/370 were abrogated. I am no fan of Indira but the glee with which he talks about her performing mrutyunjaya yagna and yet getting killed by the sikhs made me blow my gasket ! This is the problem of letting in all and sundry for the sake of power, it never works out in the long run.
Rampy
BRFite

Post by Rampy »

Pratyush wrote:Whatever the level of threat that existed. Whatever the logic behind the repeal.

How do people know that those reasons no longer apply.

If this was a fear of khalistani terrorism. Then what does the repeal of the laws do. That cannot be undone by the Khalistan supportors.

Because laws are black and white. Are easily available to any one who wants to learn more about them.

In the last one year, none of the Sikhs bothered to download the laws and actually bothered to read them?

I am more concerned about what that says about the people of India?

That is also makes me question any rationale given by the government or spin being put on it.

Because if the government could not reach people with black and white verifiable facts. How does it expects to reach people over topic that are more complex.

If the threat is real then this retreat does nothing to reduce it.
My thought process and I am not saying I have ground info, but knowing modi ji he will do anything to - if you guys remember a Taliban style killing of Dalit Sikh by the Nihangs and reason given was that he dishonored Guru Granth - what if the killing was enforcement killing Mafia-style to ensure fear on all farmers and laborers who go against Kalishtani A$$ lickers? Will that make Modiji think and say lets repeal it so we can stop killing and forceful keeping on farmers/laborers ??
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rampy wrote:
Pratyush wrote:Whatever the level of threat that existed. Whatever the logic behind the repeal.

How do people know that those reasons no longer apply.

If this was a fear of khalistani terrorism. Then what does the repeal of the laws do. That cannot be undone by the Khalistan supportors.

Because laws are black and white. Are easily available to any one who wants to learn more about them.

In the last one year, none of the Sikhs bothered to download the laws and actually bothered to read them?

I am more concerned about what that says about the people of India?

That is also makes me question any rationale given by the government or spin being put on it.

Because if the government could not reach people with black and white verifiable facts. How does it expects to reach people over topic that are more complex.

If the threat is real then this retreat does nothing to reduce it.
My thought process and I am not saying I have ground info, but knowing modi ji he will do anything to - if you guys remember a Taliban style killing of Dalit Sikh by the Nihangs and reason given was that he dishonored Guru Granth - what if the killing was enforcement killing Mafia-style to ensure fear on all farmers and laborers who go against Kalishtani A$$ lickers? Will that make Modiji think and say lets repeal it so we can stop killing and forceful keeping on farmers/laborers ??

make no mistake, it was exactly that.

that's why they picked a weak and defenceless dalit, knowing well that no one would come forward to help and at the same time the "message" went out loud and clear, heard by those for whom it was specifically meant
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Ambar wrote:Speaking of self-goals , one of the unfortunate characters BJP admitted into the party in recent years is the controversial former governor of J&K and the current governor of Meghalaya Shri Satyapal Malik. Just like our beloved Subramanian Swamy, a week doesn't pass without Satyapal Malik making a statement with the sole aim of embarrassing the very government he represents. A video has gone viral of Satyapal Malik speaking at a Jat community function in Rajasthan where he made several controversial statements including threatening the PM of violence if the demands of farmers are not met, reminding him of Indira's assassination and warning Modi that the sikhs and jats never forget and never forgive. With friends like these who needs enemies ?
any idea what exactly this joker wants or is being pushed by his masters to demand from the BJP
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

A biography of Mr Satya Pal Malik. Politically he is a spent force and has been for over 4 decades.

He is being moved arround to states where he can do the least amount of harm.

He wants to become a political martyr. For reasons best known to him.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Cyrano wrote:Those who fear public reaction have no place in politics!
Maybe you’ll elaborate on what you mean here?

Politics is all about public action and reaction, and a professional in that field ought to know what aspects of those things are dangerous and therefore ought to be feared.
I meant, fearing public reaction comes when you haven't taken a position/decision based on conscious principles (preferably dharmic) and ground realities you're trying to address. Honest mistakes can still happen, but public will by and large recognise the sincerity and effort and forgive, give a second chance etc therefore there is nothing to "fear".

Public opinion is rarely an irrational beast, natural selection takes care of such societies.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Anil Ghanwat is the head of the committee appointed by the SC to submit a report on the farm laws

He had submitted the report to the powers that be in a sealed cover and they sat on it for so many months

he says that the majority of the farmers were in favor of the farm laws and some minor tweaks have been suggested but, by and large, most of them were very happy with the new farm laws brought in by Modi

why was the report not made public is the million billion dollar question.

Cui bono..............., or who benefits

Anil Ghanwat had said just a few days ago that since the farm laws have been repealed, secrecy is no longer an issue and if the report is not released by the same powers that be, then he, Anil Ghanwat, would make the report public

The repeal of the laws is a surgical strike all right, but who is/was the specific target.

was it the khalistanis or the wokes.............

Mr. Ghanwat says the meetings are video recorded, they met a lot of people, farmers, farmer leaders and agriculture experts and the report has every detail. The laws would have done a lot of good to the farmers and would have boosted the sector, also making it profit making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjgwSMnIHc0&t=4s

Farms Laws पर Anil Ghanwat का खुलासा, कानून के पक्ष में थे किसान

Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

There is a flip side. Almost a year since these laws were tabled and passed, millions of farmers have benefitted from them. After their repelation, if farmers incomes fall, who will they blame. Opposition or Modi? I personally think that Modi has gamed this.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Lisa wrote:There is a flip side. Almost a year since these laws were tabled and passed, millions of farmers have benefitted from them. After their repelation, if farmers incomes fall, who will they blame. Opposition or Modi? I personally think that Modi has gamed this.
Lisa ji,

this may be one way to look at it..........

The basic or fundamental ecosystem of agricultural procurement, payment process, and marketing by farmers has already changed. The impact of those 3 farm laws is similar to demonetization. Chors were caught with their pants down. Modi has made necessary amends to agricultural marketing. DBT has been done for genuine small farmers. Soil cards made. Also completed is the Geo mapping of landholdings. Most importantly Modi changed the methodology of agricultural financing. Crop insurance has taken root in many places providing some measure of security and risk mitigation. The trail of money is traceable and payments are transparent and timebound with end to end visibility. After all this was done and dusted, Modi then repealed the farm laws.

The incomes of big farmers have turned from opaque to translucent. no longer can white waisty or prefered onion daughters claim that hundreds of crores of agricultural income have been derived from farming in balcony flower pots or from a paltry few acres of land with each acre generating literally hundreds of crores per year

The wheat has been extracted from the farm laws and only the chaff remains to be discarded. Cooperative banks and coop societies have been defanged and rendered almost impotent by restricting the participation of politicians and largely neutering their power brokers and arthiyas.

Even after the repeal of the farm laws, the infrastructure for this ecosystem that has been created during the pendency of these laws will remain and cannot be bypassed.

MODI or the Mission Of Developed India juggernaut rolls on regardless.

NRIs holding benami land/properties in India may soon be in the limelight with many foreign countries very interested in such information because of the taxes/fines they will levy on their citizens for with holding such information

many BJP controlled states may probably legislate these same laws under their own authority with no chance whatsoever of the khalistanis and the arthiyas poking their noses to disrupt the reforms

hopefully, the reforms will show up the disparity in the incomes of farmers to raise awareness and trigger demands for similar reforms in their non BJP run states.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

RBI cautions against cooperative societies not authorised for banking business
Cooperative societies masquerading as banks are very common in states like Kerala. And in recent past (especially after DeMo) numerous incidents of suspected money laundering, accounting malpractises etc have come out in the open. Now looks there is more closer monitoring of these co-op societies. Few highlights;
* The Banking Regulation Act, 1949, does not permit the cooperative societies to use the words ‘bank’, banker’ or ‘banking’ in their names,
* In addition, some cooperative societies have also been conducting banking business by accepting deposits from non-members, nominal members, and associate members, which is a violation of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Lisa wrote:There is a flip side. Almost a year since these laws were tabled and passed, millions of farmers have benefitted from them. After their repelation, if farmers incomes fall, who will they blame. Opposition or Modi? I personally think that Modi has gamed this.
I am curious… if the laws were put on hold how did the farmers benefit? I am aware state governments have their own laws that may permit in the same manner as these laws, but these existed before the laws?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Tanaji wrote:
I am curious… if the laws were put on hold how did the farmers benefit? I am aware state governments have their own laws that may permit in the same manner as these laws, but these existed before the laws?

digital transfer of money, land records, seller and buyer identity, bank account numbers, vagera, vagera do not need farm laws to implement.

the buyer has to transfer sales proceeds in a time bound manner (2-3 days IIRC) to the farmer directly and not to the farmer via the arthiya. To have agricultural products to sell, he needs to show the land records.

the laws existed earlier too but have now been formalized and also bring the hawk eye gaze of the IT dept on the transactions.

land records and aadhar card data have to match, ditto with the bank accounts.

In a lot of these procedures, the govt of punjab govt was coerced with the threat that if not done as per the requirements, the center would stop procurement of rice and wheat and this was done in an official meeting by piyush goyal. The punjab govt caved quickly and implemented all of what was mandated by the GoI.

The data has been captured and almost fully validated.

the arthiyas have apparently developed other methods to extract their pound of flesh from the farmers but many farmers have resisted and refused to cooperate with the arthiyas
Last edited by chetak on 23 Nov 2021 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
vhirani
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vhirani »

In Kutch, Gujarat, where I have a small farm and many of my cousins are in farming and are well off. We have been selling MSP crops directly to traders, shops and in case of oil seeds MSP to pharmaceuticals for many years. While the Mandis also buy a good amount of MSP crops, so do private buyers. Anyway, Kutchi farmers have diversified in to drip fruit farming to conserve water, and in the process making decent money too. Primarily, market forces drive what they grow. The 3 farm laws merely affirm how things are done here for a long time. I for one is not happy with the repeal of the farm laws. Doesn't make sense that land and resources are used to grow stuff that is not required and then rots in godowns.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vhirani wrote:In Kutch, Gujarat, where I have a small farm and many of my cousins are in farming and are well off. We have been selling MSP crops directly to traders, shops and in case of oil seeds MSP to pharmaceuticals for many years. While the Mandis also buy a good amount of MSP crops, so do private buyers. Anyway, Kutchi farmers have diversified in to drip fruit farming to conserve water, and in the process making decent money too. Primarily, market forces drive what they grow. The 3 farm laws merely affirm how things are done here for a long time. I for one is not happy with the repeal of the farm laws. Doesn't make sense that land and resources are used to grow stuff that is not required and then rots in godowns.
So, even if the farm laws are repealed, there will be absolutely no change in how your relatives continue to do their business.

ditto is the case in other states too.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

drinking onlee, no driving........

MAH govt slashes excise on liquor and wine by aprox 50% But No Reduction of VAT on fuel prices
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Cyrano wrote:I think this disorientation of the present Govt in exercising it's authority comes from an incomplete/incorrect understanding of Raja Dharma, compounded by the fact that Raja and Rajguru are rolled into one personality, rajasic and tamasic tendencies (which have their own place and importance) conflicting with the sattvik.

Of what use is development along a mostly western model when it has to be achieved at the cost of not being able to focus adequately on reclaiming our Dharmic Civilisational identity is a question that merits to be asked. I'm not saying one can only be achieved at the expense of the other, nor that they are incompatible. But where does one draw the line? Based on which principles? How to set priorities? 12 lane highways or Asiatic lions and bustards? Which are real trade-offs and which are false?

Outward dharmic manifestations are easy, exercising Dharma especially Raja Dharma in a diverse federated nation like Bharat is not easy by any stretch of imagination. NaMo has ventured into some uncharted territories, he is plodding alone, with himself for counsel with no Dharmic ideological support from the Sangh Parivar or anyone else. He can't go incognito around the country like Rajas of yore, he has to have a set of advisors who make up his eyes and ears to a good extent. Mistakes are bound to happen.

Less errors on the foreign policy side because your enemies have to attack you from the front, more errors on the domestic side because enemies come at you from all sides, at once. It's not isolated errors that worry me, it's the pattern that's starting to emerge. All leaders want success and tend to do things they feel comfortable doing. I see NaMo a lot more sure footed (though not perfect) dealing with external threats than internal threats. Because internal threats test much more severely your Raja Dharma, pit sattvik against rajasic and tamasic, you against your own people. What NaMo needs is a guru who can advise him, show the dharmic path.

Every Arjuna needs his Krishna.
I posted this a few years ago, but it is time to revisit. Nothing has changed, we survived that challenge (2019 elections) but there is even more trouble ahead.

This was written in June 2018 by Sushobhit Singh Saktawat on his Facebook page. He writes mostly in Hindi and oh so beautifully. I have translated it to the best of my ability, but as always, something usually gets lost in the process.

Bharat Niyati

Here is the original version in Hindi first:

महाभारत का रूपक भारत की नियति में न्यस्त हो चुका है.

रूपक नहीं सांगरूपक. वह गाथा, जो अनवरत हो. वह परिघटना, जो चुकती नहीं

कुरुक्षेत्र में युद्ध कब प्रारम्भ हुआ, इसको लेकर अनेक मत हैं. किंतु यह मत निर्विवाद है कि वह युद्ध कभी समाप्त नहीं हुआ था.

भारतवर्ष ही कुरुक्षेत्र है!

भारत नियति ही महाभारत है!

##

भारत नियति इसलिए महाभारत है, क्योंकि वह दुविधा भारत के चरित्र में है, जिसका उन्मूलन गीता के उपदेश ने किया था.

दुविधा, और विनय, और निर्णायक संघर्ष को स्थगित करने की भरसक चेष्टा, और सर्वस्वीकार, सर्वसमावेश, और लोकोपवाद का भय, कि संसार क्या सोचेगा!

भारत का प्रधान जो भी हो, वह हमेशा कुरुक्षेत्र के बीच खड़े उस अर्जुन की तरह होता है, जो विडम्बना से भर गया है!

अपने बंधु बांधवों का संहार करके यह रण अगर जीत गया तो भी क्या होगा, वह तर्क देता है.

बिना यह समझे कि यह रण उसका निर्णय ही कहां था, यह तो उस पर थोपा गया है. वह तो इसे स्थगित करने की पूरी चेष्टा कर चुका था.

"पांडवों" के चरित्र में ही स्थगन है, विनय है, शांतिपर्व का अभिप्रेत है.

लाक्षागृहों को वे भुला देते हैं.

द्यूत में छल से इंद्रप्रस्थ हारकर वन चले जाते हैं.

वन से लौटकर भी कुरुराज्य में पांच गांव ही तो मांगते हैं, जबकि समूचा इंद्रप्रस्थ उन्हीं का.

"कौरवों" के चरित्र में ही हठ है.

पांच गांव तो क्या, सुई की नोक बराबर भूमि भी नहीं दी जाएगी!

यह रण की भाषा है, रण को निमंत्रण है. अर्जुन अब क्या कर सकता है!

"जानामि धर्मं न च मे प्रवृत्ति!" धर्म क्या है, यह दुर्योधन को भलीभांति पता है, किंतु धर्म उसकी प्रवृत्ति ही नहीं, तब अर्जुन क्या कर सकता है?

##

भारतीय राजनीति में घृणित, त्याज्य और अस्पृश्य माने जाने वाले जिस हिंदू राष्ट्रवाद का आरम्भ 1990 के दशक से होता है, उसका कुरुक्षेत्र अयोध्या की वही जन्मभूमि है, जहां "कौरवों" ने कहा था सुई की नोक बराबर भी भूमि नहीं दी जाएगी, जबकि समूची अवधपुरी ही "पांडवों" की थी.

रण उस दिन प्रारम्भ नहीं हुआ था, किंतु रण उसके बाद अवश्यम्भावी अवश्य हो गया था.

भारतवर्ष एक कुरुक्षेत्र है!

अठारह अक्षौहिणी सेनाएं वहाँ तैनात हैं, सेनापतियों ने कवच कुंडल पहन रखे हैं और रणभेरी बजने को ही है, किंतु रणभूमि के बीच भारत का प्रधान "अर्जुन-दुविधा" से ग्रस्त हो गया है.

भारत को एक युगंधर कृष्ण की आवश्यकता है!

अवश्यम्भावी हो, तब भी रण तब तक प्रारम्भ नहीं हो सकता, जब तक श्रीकृष्ण युगचेतना का प्रबोधन नहीं करेंगे, यही भारत नियति है!

"यदा यदा ही धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत" : यह फिर भारत में गूंजेगा.

क्योंकि भारत ग्लानि से भर गया है!

My translation (a lot is lost in the process):

The metaphor of the Mahabharat has become India’s Destiny. Not just the metaphor, but the entire allegory, the epic tale that is continuous and incessant, that which will never be concluded.

There are many opinions as to when Mahabharat started in Kurukshetra, but there is no debate over the fact that this war never ended.

India is Kurukshetra and Mahabharat is what India’s fate is. It is India’s destiny because the dilemma is in India’s character and psyche, which had once been done away by the message of the Gita. Dilemma, humility, meekness and the desperate attempt to postpone a decisive battle, the desire for universal acceptance, universal agreement, societal fear – what will the world think?

Whoever the leader (Prime Minster) of India may be, he is always like Arjun standing in the middle of Kurukshetra who is filled with distress. What use is victory in this battle if it is achieved by the murder of friends and family, he argues, without understanding that this decision was never his to begin with, it was imposed upon him, he had made every possible attempt to avoid it and postpone if indefinitely.

Procrastination is in the character of the Pandavas, just like meekness and pacifism in the hour of battle. They forget the ‘House of Lac’, they lose Indraprastha in a fraudulent game and go to the forests. Even when they return from a long and difficult exile, they only ask for five villages in the Kuru kingdom, even though the entire Indraprastha belonged to them.

Stubbornness is in the character of the Kauravas. Forget five villages, not even the space equivalent to the point of a needle will be given. This is the language of war, it is an invitation to war, what can Arjun do now? Duryodhan knows very well what Dharma is, but Dharma is not in his character or his thinking, so what can Arjun do?

The much maligned, much hated, abandoned and untouchable Hindu Nationhood that originated in the decade of the 1990s, its Kurukshetra is the same birthplace in Ayodhya, where the ‘Kauravas’ had declared that not even the space of the point of a needle will be granted, when the entire region of Awadh belonged to the ‘Pandavas’. The war did not begin that day, but after that day, war became an inevitable necessity.

India IS a battleground, a Kurukshetra. Eighteen Million armies are stationed here, the Commanders have donned their armor, the battle cry is about to resound, but in the middle of the battlefield, India’s Leader is afflicted with the ‘Arjun Dilemma’.

India needs a timeless, an ageless Krishna.

For even when inevitable, war cannot begin, until Krishna awakens and enlightens us that war is indeed upon us, this is India’s destiny.

Yada yada hi dharmasya glanirbhavati Bharat : This will echo in India again, for India is now filled with guilt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was written in June of 2018, but I believe war is now upon us and this will indeed be for India’s soul. If we do not wake up now, it will all be over.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Beautifully articulated by Saktawat ji. My hindi needs brushing up :)

I can't help but contrast Indic dilemma with western/abrahamic certitude. One makes man responsible, the other orders him citing divine injunction. One lets him to consider the consequences and still act, the other absolves and promises heaven.
The dilemma makes one seek guidance, the certitude makes colonisers and war mongers. The metaphysical frames of reference are so different in such a fundamental way...

So, does anyone think NaMo recognises his dilemma? Does he seek sage advice? From whom? He peppers his speeches with apt quotations from scriptures and scholars, how ardent a student of Dharma was he? Some parts of his personality are still mysterious !
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Center hikes GST on clothes and footwear from 5% to 12%, GST on gold and silver too will likely go up from 3% to 5%. One of the proposals is to average the current GST slabs of 12% and 18% to 17% (why not 15% no one knows).

Finance Ministry notifies 12% GST rate on raw yarn and fabrics as well. This is baffling considering India has been trying to encourage more investment in the textile industry .
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Ambar wrote:Center hikes GST on clothes and footwear from 5% to 12%, GST on gold and silver too will likely go up from 3% to 5%. One of the proposals is to average the current GST slabs of 12% and 18% to 17% (why not 15% no one knows).

Finance Ministry notifies 12% GST rate on raw yarn and fabrics as well. This is baffling considering India has been trying to encourage more investment in the textile industry .
Surprising considering GST collections have been significantly greater in recent months compared to pre pandemic levels. There is still some scope to improve collections by formalising the economy and improving compliance. Let those be done before increasing taxes.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

I remember having discussion with my previous manager (10 years ago) on Indian politics. He was respectable fella. SDRE. He said 'We have inherited the past (Dhritarashtra with Duryodhana) and that will never go away (He said that in Marathi language. Hard to put it in English). The favoritism that usually was at odds with morally just and meritorious. Eventually leads to battle or war. I do agree with above that Mahabharat is a continuous phenomenon.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

hanumadu wrote:
Ambar wrote:Center hikes GST on clothes and footwear from 5% to 12%, GST on gold and silver too will likely go up from 3% to 5%. One of the proposals is to average the current GST slabs of 12% and 18% to 17% (why not 15% no one knows).

Surprising considering GST collections have been significantly greater in recent months compared to pre pandemic levels. There is still some scope to improve collections by formalising the economy and improving compliance. Let those be done before increasing taxes.
I guess makes sense.

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/eco ... 2021-11-21
The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) notified the hike on November 18. Meanwhile, the GST rates for certain synthetic fibres and yarn have been decreased from 18% to 12%, as per the notification, thus bringing in uniformity of rates across the entire textiles sector as well as eliminating aberrations due to the inverted duty structure, which is a situation where the tax rate on inputs used is higher than the tax on the finished product.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

TWITTER

@dikgaj:

1) “Repeal” of “farm” laws likely from regional electoral consideration (to disconnect angst from votes, reason Tikait insists on continuing drama). But it shows a caution that comes from fatigue, in turn willingness to rely on more “tried and tested” advice

2) the danger starts from here: when commander becomes defensive and moves away from the aggressive campaign that gave him territory - some will claim its a ploy to make the enemy think commander has weakened and softened. But I am not sure that is the case here.

3) it seems in keeping with keeping other measures hanging or an undoubtedly clever but still a softening or retreat on steps (CAA, 370) that appears to be based on a calculation of testing waters and using delay to implement or rollback to deflate enthusiasm in the enemy.

4) I actually find it politically savvy attitude to cut “losses”. Problem is that in current state context this may mean a cutting forever. Electorally, an under siege mentality will develop that will gather around devoted voters which in turn may soften any electoral blow.

5) however the long term ideological ( which has been up in smoke for some time) and political legacy and therefore succession become very problematic. Even if many don’t even imagine it, that “succession” is an issue, especially as it will land up in a crucial time point.

6) in personality cult based systems like the current state, such cults are crucial for solving the “coordination problem” but they also tend to make the whole political engine dependent on and focused on and for the leader. They leave legacies that take forever to undo.

7) I maintain my earlier stance that this phase of the long path to Hindu reassertion was necessary, but Hindus cannot and should not get stuck in it as the endgame. This phase shows the weaknesses and faults of the first attempt, provides a breathing space, and prepare.

8) there will be lots of moves against India, and it’s not yet prepared ideologically to take on those challenges. But each such move is also an opportunity. As the flawed will give way and clear the path. Its not going to be pleasant. Yet we will have to go through it.

https://twitter.com/dikgaj/status/14629 ... bqN_g&s=19
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

May be NaMo has found his Krishna in Yogi, who is the author of Rājayoga : svarūpa evaṃ sādhanā. Adityanath, Yogi, 1972- (2019). Dillī. ISBN 978-93-5322-406-6. OCLC 1102086331

Gives the recent tweet image of both walking together in deep conversation a totally different meaning ;)
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Cyrano wrote:May be NaMo has found his Krishna in Yogi, who is the author of Rājayoga : svarūpa evaṃ sādhanā. Adityanath, Yogi, 1972- (2019). Dillī. ISBN 978-93-5322-406-6. OCLC 1102086331

Gives the recent tweet image of both walking together in deep conversation a totally different meaning ;)

Let’s see.. farmers are now protesting against the Jewar airport. Next target will be the expressways.

Scumbag ravish kumar has been campaigning for tractors and bullock carts to have access to expressway. Me lords might get involved and grant that access based on equality.

It would be funny if this is not a plausible scenario
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Ambar wrote:
Vayutuvan wrote:
63. Palki Sharma/WION
64. Cybersurg - Hakim Shiv
65. English behen on YT
66. Karolina Goswmi on YT
The mods need to create a separate thread or make this a sticky.

Few additions to this list are :

67. Rang De Basanti - by Rajeev Chaudhary (love his humor and his Haryanvi accent!)
68. Apka ka Akbhar - by Pradeep Singh (neutral, sensible and soft spoken)
69. Sushant Sinha - by journalist Sushant Sinha
70. The Liberal Hindu - content is mostly on intelligence, underworld and security related issues

71. India Facts... a HUGELY important portal for Hindu narrative. I am very surprised this list has grown to 70 items without mentioning them.

Lots of strong articles here, including some by our own fellow BRF-ites (some of you, having been here a long time, will be able to match some of the authors' names to forum handles).

https://www.indiafacts.org.in/
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Jaganathan’s article on god should be required reading globally starting in grade five. It is straight forward and polite enough.

It is precisely why church pews are emptying in North America and Western Europe among the educated. Among the seers, Thomas Paine, David Hume, Edward gibbon, Pope Leo X (hehehe) it’s nothing new.

Apparently there is a significant movement among Indian Muslims to reassess Islam as well. What Hegelian dialects would call the antithesis that is pregnant in islamism itself.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

sanjaykumar wrote:Jaganathan’s article on god should be required reading globally starting in grade five. It is straight forward and polite enough.

It is precisely why church pews are emptying in North America and Western Europe among the educated. Among the seers, Thomas Paine, David Hume, Edward gibbon, Pope Leo X (hehehe) it’s nothing new.

Apparently there is a significant movement among Indian Muslims to reassess Islam as well. What Hegelian dialects would call the antithesis that is pregnant in islamism itself.
Which article
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Cyrano wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:
Maybe you’ll elaborate on what you mean here?

Politics is all about public action and reaction, and a professional in that field ought to know what aspects of those things are dangerous and therefore ought to be feared.
I meant, fearing public reaction comes when you haven't taken a position/decision based on conscious principles (preferably dharmic) and ground realities you're trying to address. Honest mistakes can still happen, but public will by and large recognise the sincerity and effort and forgive, give a second chance etc therefore there is nothing to "fear".

Public opinion is rarely an irrational beast, natural selection takes care of such societies.
Makes sense. Thanks for elaborating.
Anoop.G
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Anoop.G »

vijayk wrote:
sanjaykumar wrote:Jaganathan’s article on god should be required reading globally starting in grade five. It is straight forward and polite enough.

Which article
This one, I think...
https://www.indiafacts.org.in/how-abrah ... -religion/
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Rudradev wrote:
Ambar wrote:
The mods need to create a separate thread or make this a sticky.

Few additions to this list are :

67. Rang De Basanti - by Rajeev Chaudhary (love his humor and his Haryanvi accent!)
68. Apka ka Akbhar - by Pradeep Singh (neutral, sensible and soft spoken)
69. Sushant Sinha - by journalist Sushant Sinha
70. The Liberal Hindu - content is mostly on intelligence, underworld and security related issues

71. India Facts... a HUGELY important portal for Hindu narrative. I am very surprised this list has grown to 70 items without mentioning them.

Lots of strong articles here, including some by our own fellow BRF-ites (some of you, having been here a long time, will be able to match some of the authors' names to forum handles).

https://www.indiafacts.org.in/
Again, this list needs to be made sticky.

Channels like 'Indiafacts' don't get recommended by youtube's algorithm because of low number of subscribers and view aggregation. Its both good and bad, it is bad because very few people know about the existence of such a channel and the content developers don't benefit from monetization nor in getting their message across to a broader audience. It is also good because such channels with few subscribers usually flies below the radar, once they become popular and routinely get 100k views per video, the commies at Google will either ban them or demonetize them or begin throttling viewership as they do with many channels listed here.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

How is viewership throttled? Bandwidth?
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

sanjaykumar wrote:How is viewership throttled? Bandwidth?
most views come thru recommendations. algorithms will stop recommending and bury the search results.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Supreme Court Appointed Panel Member Anil Ghanwat Writes To CJI Urging Early Release Of Report On Farm Laws

https://swarajyamag.com/pti-wires/farml ... -corrected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEevwPinHMc

Why Modi govt miserably failed in communicating impact of much-needed farm laws : Ashok Gulati

i watched this 1/2 hr show. one needs to but their bias filter on to see thru the anchors agenda.

here is a summary . my comments in brackets..

1. laws are much needed but evil modi failed to communicate ( the 11 round of talks are not mentioned.. i guess they spoke abt cricket matches there)
2. govt has stock of 81 million tonnes as opposed to the required 30 million.
3. current farming practices in green revolution belt are an environmental disaster( but lets blame diwali and ganesh visarjan)
4. we need massive investment from pvt sector to build out storage, logistics cold chains ( say bye bye to all of this .. any way this would be demolished by pisfull protesters in the name of democracy)
5. evil modi should have gone to singhu border( for what ? to sign the instrument of surrender ala Niazi?)
6. supreme court committee invited the agitating farmers to talks but were told they are not interested. ( the commitee or the sc judjes cannot go to singhu border but the elected PM must go??? this is also some how Modis fault..)
7. the sc committee has submitted the report but cannot speak abt he contents( transparency , humility is only for modi.. rest r all her majesty's viceroys)
8. modi has done more procurement that anyone else pulses were added to msp(.. he is still evil)
9. the loser in all this is the Farmer

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

With so many strong cards yet to be played, NaMo sarkar chose to let the clock run and after nearly a year, dropped it's hand. This will surely go down as one ajeeb daastaan!
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Anoop.G wrote:
vijayk wrote:
Which article
This one, I think...
https://www.indiafacts.org.in/how-abrah ... -religion/
The article chooses to view Abrahamic traditions as monolithic and therefore, misses a lot of nuance. Pity.