2021 Five State Elections

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
nandakumar
BRFite

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Post by nandakumar »

deborishig
"Question - is there any code of conduct that prevents any trooper/officer from the Central Armed Police Forces from socializing with any member from a contending party?"
My question to you is this. Even assuming that the CAPF were fraternising with TMC functionaries how does that translate into more votes for TMC? My feeling is that the presence of CAPF can at best prevent the kind of blatant poll rigging that used to happen during CPM days. My friends from Calcutta from the 90s used to say that a simple tactic that CPM used to resort to was have their cadres stand in a queue before regular voters turn up and keep pushing them into the middle of the queue so that genuine voters get fed up of the waiting for their turn and go home. Then their votes are cast by CPM cadre with a wink and nod of the polling officer of the booth. While this required a lot of grass root level supporters I never quite understood how that formula broke down in 2011 which resulted in CPM getting defeated. My suspicion is that in West Bengal given the inherently violent nature of the politics, you need a decisive chunk of voters to shift loyalties without fear of consequences and then the neutral voters who are able to sense the ground shifting, are then emboldened to vote for change. In 2011 the muslims did make the initial choice and the neutral voters who wanted a change and any change cast the votes in favour of TMC. The muslim shift bzck then was triggered by the police firing in Nandigram. In 2021 there was no discernible shift of a clearly identifiable chunk demography in favour of BJP. But the illusion of such a shift caused the muslim votes to consolidate behind TMC.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

deborishi, Its not your real name right? If it is change the handle.

There are multifactorial reasons for why TMC won.
Am sure that BSF was from the Bengal border with Bangla desh
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Angered by the Left's withdrawal of support on the nuclear issue, Sonia Maino played the trick to make the EC send large number of central forces to conduct the 2011 election. This was one of the reasons that contributed to LF's fall. There were two other reasons - rise of the extremely corrupt second-tier local level left leaders (mostly zonal committee and district committee level) which even angered the party grassroot level workers. The other main reason was the urban intellectuals' disenchantment with the left ideology after the Nandigram shooting to protect the interests of the Indonesian Salim group of businesses.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

TMC inherited the syndicate raj from the earlier LF regime by which the local party thugs extract a cut money from every business - from housing constructiin to granting auto/taxi/bus permits. However, the LF kept it smooth in the sense that the party's single local committee ran it nicely at the local level. But after TMC came to power it got decentralized. At every neighborhood the number of TMC factions numbering anywhere between two to ten started squabbling over this spoil, and that led to bloody factional feuds. But after GE2019 fiasco Mumtaaz cracked her whip mercilessly, and brought some intraparty stability (in terms of reining the feuds). While the local level syndicated cut money system funded every level of the party nicely oiled, the bigger source of party funding going directly to the top came from coal and cattle smughling across the BD border. The Bengal coal and cattle scam investigation started pretty late (around Oct-Nov 2020), but yet to catch /implicate the big fish - the "nephew".

One can google the article:

Bengal cop received Rs 168 crore in coal mining scam, ED tells court
Pradeep Thakur | TNN | Apr 8, 2021, 03:44 IST
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

For my house renovation that is going on, my contractor got some ( termed Hindi karan in TN as everyone who does not speak Tamil/Telugu/ malayalam as hindi speakers).Bengalis for construction work. Interacting with them, it was clear they were BDs but claimed to be WB. They had aadhar, voter card etc. However they opened up over time. They go back to BD easily without issues and for coming back to India, greasing BSF palms was the way with a well established system in place. They have their agents across states who arranged for special buses back home rs 3500/ticket to WB-->BD even amidst serious lock down among states. The agents take care of politicians all the way from TN, Andhra,.Orissa and Bengal as there is a cut. Prior to second lockdown, the buses were stopped in Orissa border and their agents flight tickets to Kol.

They were anti Modi as expected but with such an entrenched eco system, many players being part of the gravy train of supplying cheap labor, how difficult it is to beat an entrenched system.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Sir, you are spot on.
BSF rank and file make their life's savings after being posted on WB-BD border.

Regular non-human smuggling is a way of life along the border, mainly cattle and coal as there is a huge demand for both in BD. Human smuggling comes next. If the BSF looks the other way then stopping the border infiltration becomes a tough propositiin.

A couple of possible measures:

Rotate the force units frequently as after a while fatige sets in on alertness and money inducement creeps in.

Undertake anti infiltration sweeps, in a limited way, and those caught and interrogated should be used to make BSF personnel answerable for those infiltrations.

Use sting ooerations to expose the nexus between the central / state govt officials who are complicit in prividing identification documents.

It needs a strong and deducated will to stoo the next timebomb.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

In the rona dhona over WB losses (which is net +ve IMO expectation is similar to Bihar in 2015, NDA could not win the state)

we have overlooked the BJP cracking the southern bastion for the first time. What is going in Puducheri??

NDA govt for first time in land of Tamils......looks like way to KL goes thru TN.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Once they are in they are in, there isnt much any government can do but tightening the border will atleast stem fresh illegals from entering. What has left me wondering is about the scale of illegal Bangladeshi and Rohingyas migrants to every corner of India in the last 7 or 8 yrs, it has reached a point where in most large metros you'll struggle to find a plumber or carpenter or mason who is not a bangladeshi. A small town in KAR around 60 kms from coffee / tea plantations is now so full of Bangladeshis that there are frequent skirmishes with local shantidoots about various issues, from new mosques to real estate to contracts to women. Unfortunately many locals do not understand the dangers of illegal immigration, especially violent ideologically driven immigrants from Bangladesh/Rohingyas. Many locals including hindu landlords are happy that they are getting laborers to work in their plantations or in construction. We are blissfully smoking a cigarette while sitting on a dry powder keg.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

ramana wrote:Kati, Debrishi, RahulM

What have you heard about money flow in West Bengal elections?
What were voters paid?
I have mentioned some of this in my earlier analysis; they have used carrot & stick policy, some payout in the name of some non-existing scheme amounting to approximately Rs 1000-2000/vote in a family and the threat that the party would know if the voters betrayed them and deal with it appropriately after the elections.
Given the party-society integration, it is easy for less educated people to believe such threats and the fig-leaf of a govt scheme that is used to hide what is a cash for vote payout.
Got this input from multiple anecdotal evidences across the state from kolkata, sunderban to north 24 parganas to medinipur & birbhum. Also, in many places where they couldn't give money to every voter, they ensured coverage of one family in each area and noted down the names of others as future beneficiaries who would receive the payout once MB was back in power.
darshhan wrote:Deborishi ji, what is the scene with Hindu samhati these days. After the demise of Tapan Ghosh Da last year, not much news about them. Missing him already. They are the ones with skin in the game unlike Amit shah and Jp nadda.
although Q was not directed at me, HS president Debtanu BHattacharya fought on BJP ticket, as did Debdutta Maji who broke out and formed singhabahini. They are some of the most active in looking after cadres during post results violence.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Rahul M wrote:
darshhan wrote:Deborishi ji, what is the scene with Hindu samhati these days. After the demise of Tapan Ghosh Da last year, not much news about them. Missing him already. They are the ones with skin in the game unlike Amit shah and Jp nadda.
although Q was not directed at me, HS president Debtanu BHattacharya fought on BJP ticket, as did Debdutta Maji who broke out and formed singhabahini. They are some of the most active in looking after cadres during post results violence.
Thanks. I have been hearing about them. May Ishwar bless these warriors for taking on TMC and jihadi hordes.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

I hope all BRFites based in West Bengal and Odisha are ok. In context of Cyclone Yaas.
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

darshhan wrote:

I hope all BRFites based in West Bengal and Odisha are ok. In context of Cyclone Yaas.
This storm wasn't half as bad as Amphan however there has been terrible flooding from the incessant rain and surging seawater. Luckily, very few people have lost their lives here however on the flip side, villages in Midnapore are marooned due to this flooding.

As expected Mamata and her cronies in the media are beating their trumpets for reducing storm related deaths. I have a question for the government here - why were the storm breakers at sea in such a state of disrepair that seawater could ravage villages which were many miles from the sea?
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

deleted
Last edited by Kati on 28 May 2021 04:22, edited 1 time in total.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Debtanu Bhattacharya at one point was thinking of contesting the election as a third party candidate, but later contested on a BJP ticket.
https://samhatisamvad.com/2021/05/08/am ... ll-result/

Under his leadership Hindus fought back against the TMC goons.
https://www.newslaundry.com/2021/03/20/ ... jps-rescue

Tapan-da, before his sad demise, had a strong difference with many Hindu Samhati leaders, Debtanu Bhattacharya included, and hence Tapan-da withdrew from HS activities mostly, and continued his other coordination activities.

Let me share an opinion which may bother some BRFites - it is sort of spilling the beans which may seem unsettling, but this has to be done for the greater interest of our desh.
From the beginning HS was under a strong influence of a powerful NRI group who always wanted HS to take a very very extreme stand at the cost of BJP and/or against ground realities. (Tapan-da was warned that 'you can't win every battle, and don't pick thousands of small fights and get your resources wasted; rather pick the strategic battles carefully'. But toward the end Tapan-da was getting very adamant, and ignored all good suggestions.)
Now, as such Hindu NRIs backing a desi Hindu group should sound nice, but personally I felt very uneasy. This strong NRI lobby has had absolutely no understanding of the ground realities, the so called "leaders" of this lobby never set foot on Kolkata, much less in rural areas, even if they visit the state briefly they stay in five start hotels and call a few top Sangh people using their financial muscle, and try to impose their whims. Over the time it became clear that this lobby has been hijacked by some foreign powers, and through this lobby actually they are trying to influence the BJP's state functioning, and sometimes they are actually hurting BJP. More sinister was the fact that HS's annual meetings some gora public started attending which were clearly working on behalf of the foreign forces. Using HS a particular country actually expanded its network within WB and BD which didn't help either BJP or Bharat. ...... This particular lobby was extremely active during the recent WB election, and my feeling is that they might have influenced Sri DG, and may have fed him over-hyped info.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Massa?
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Massa's younger brother is working through Massland.
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

I kind of knew that HS is some sort of a doppelganger the moment I saw reports on the news about them making noises against non-Bengali people in Bengal.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Maria wrote:I kind of knew that HS is some sort of a doppelganger the moment I saw reports on the news about them making noises against non-Bengali people in Bengal.
Ummm... not sure about it ^^^^

Rather HS under T-da was very keen in identifying the non-bongs with the WB police who were more sympathetic to pro-Hindu causes and getting secret info from them. But again this could have been on behest of others, who knows....But T-da did help the powers who Keep Bharat safe from jihadi elements by using his vast network. T-da had a very very solid understanding of jihadi internal dynamics, and publicly many mullahs used to pay him courtesy visits with whom he used to hold private debates for long hours.

BTW, TMC is spreading rumor that Mukul Roy is very unhappy with BJP for not getting enough "honor" (especially after S. Adhikary has been given the mantle of the opposition leadership post), and opening up channel of communications with Mumtaz Banoo. ....
But won't that be suicidal for him????? :-?
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Kati wrote:
Maria wrote:I kind of knew that HS is some sort of a doppelganger the moment I saw reports on the news about them making noises against non-Bengali people in Bengal.
Ummm... not sure about it ^^^^

Rather HS under T-da was very keen in identifying the non-bongs with the WB police who were more sympathetic to pro-Hindu causes and getting secret info from them. But again this could have been on behest of others, who knows....But T-da did help the powers who Keep Bharat safe from jihadi elements by using his vast network. T-da had a very very solid understanding of jihadi internal dynamics, and publicly many mullahs used to pay him courtesy visits with whom he used to hold private debates for long hours.

BTW, TMC is spreading rumor that Mukul Roy is very unhappy with BJP for not getting enough "honor" (especially after S. Adhikary has been given the mantle of the opposition leadership post), and opening up channel of communications with Mumtaz Banoo. ....
But won't that be suicidal for him????? :-?
Right. There is not one BJP leader in West Bengal currently who is equal to Tapan Ghosh in capacity and character and who has done so much for WB Hindus. I am sure his followers and former aides will continue the fight for the same cause. More power to them.

Any and every organisation today needs funding to survive. Without adequate funds, you cannot move even a single inch forward in today's age. It is only natural thus that when you are in a desperate fight against jihadis on the ground and where even state police has abdicated its duty to protect Hindus or is even hand in gloves with rabid tmc jihadi, you will accept money from anywhere. No need to read more into it.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

This is a post I made in 2017 and by this time I hadn't even visited WB for more than 10 years. I wonder how BJP missed all this. Either be prepared to go the whole way or don't try at all. Seriously who is advising BJP on the WB issues?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7337&p=2163065#p2163065
Absolutely. Make no mistake guys. WB will never be won by playing fair. The one who hits below the belt and more frequently will win. Weapons, money, organisation capable of unleashing violence etc, everything is part of mix. The same was done by TMC when they vanquished* CPM. Now the same way BJP has to defeat TMC not just electorally but in block by block clashes and skirmishing.

The chief advantage that BJP has is that they have govt in centre plus neighbouring state govts in jharkhand and Assam. From there critical logistical support will have to be provided to WB BJP cadres who will increasingly find themselves besieged.

* note the usage of this word. This is literally what TMC did to cpm and not just electoral defeat.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

ramana wrote:Massa?
External interests like Massa are always ready to exploit our internal faultlines. But the faultlines have to exist in the first place. That they exist at all, and are allowed to fester, is our own responsibility.

The Shiv Sena-BJP schism is proof of concept that BIF are thinking beyond the box of their conventional leftist, regionalist, and caste-based proxies. They know the overall volksgeist or popular political spirit of India has shifted towards Hindutva, so they are focusing now on outflanking BJP-RSS from its right.

But to see the underlying faultlines you don't have to go to Massa or UK or anywhere else. They are visible right here on BRF, and widespread across social media communities.

You see people who have not spent one day campaigning in the dusty streets, but know better than Modi how to win elections. People whose entire experience of leadership comes from small-business ownership or corporate middle-management, but presume to lecture BJP on how to run the country. Folks whose entire military experience consists of marching around an NCC parade ground, but have better ideas than GOI for fighting two-front wars.

And of course, people who may have never read one entire Shastra in any indigenous Indic language (let alone Sanskrit) but now fancy themselves the sole guardians of "core Hindu interests".

These very, very bright people come out in droves when there is bad news conveying the impression of two or three setbacks in a row. (You can be sure the BIF media has recognized this phenomenon, and strives to feed it continuously).

The fragility of these bright people is such that the combination of COVID, Bengal election results, and an uppity Twitter Inc. drives them up the wall, second-guessing everything the party or government is doing and spouting gratuitous advice at the top of their lungs.

They become even worse when a heady dose of regionalism gets stirred into the mix. This was key to operationalizing the Shiv Sena template and I'm sure it plays a role in motivating those who exclusively boost the HS as well. How many times have we heard that BJP-RSS is a "Hindi belt party", that it "despises" or "doesn't care about" [insert my region here]?

The NRI versions of these bright people are probably the worst of all-- they "know better" than resident Indians by default, and get most of their information about ground events in India from the English language media, which primes their tendencies with defeatist alarmism even at the best of times. And of course, they have relatively the least amount of skin in the game when it comes to the local effects of their vipareeta buddhi within Indian constituencies.

I am sure Massa and its agencies (governmental and NGO/institutional) have realized by now that the old proxies... Maha-thug-bandhan et al cannot be relied on as their preferred candidates to cut down Modi sarkar, at least not at the national level. INC proves over and over again that it is a lost cause. So the activation of proxies who purport to be further on the right, and to hold Sangh Parivar to account for its implementation of a Hindutva agenda, is the way they have decided to go.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

My very humble 2 paise with my very own pigeon-size brain:

Darshan-ji, money is NOT at all a problem. If there is an able leadership then people with moneybags come forward, may not be openly, to fund the dharmik causes. HS under T-da ran some interesting underground projects, and money was never an issue. Businessmen from Kolkata Burrabazar were always ready to pour money. Even today, Sangh activities in WB do not face that problem, but of course - more the better. The able leadership is more important.

Rudradev-ji, I kinda agree with you. But the question is - what to do now, and how to look forward? The smell of victory brings diverse people come together. This recent WB election experienced that too. Within the state leadership, people who normally don't see eye to eye with each other kept their differences aside under the firm whip of the central leadership. But now things are a bit in disarray. Anyway, I guess this is part of life, and things will get better in future, I hope.

In general, with my limited observations, I would say a few things:

1. You know the history of HS. In its heydays LF in WB made every effort to stymie Sangh. LF party zonal committees ran operations borrowed from E. German Staci - they had gone at the granular level to document what was cooking in the local household, whose sons and daughters needed what kind of help, etc., and then use this info to influence the individual households. I'm talking about this in 90s. They identified every key Sangh personnel and offered them inducements, and if that was rebuffed then threat followed. T-da, being a true desh-bhakt didn't like this, and came out with his likeminded people to form HS. He had a vast network not only in Bengal (WB as well as BD) but also in other parts of Bharat. That didn't get missed by some external powers. The moment HS was formed it got sudden attention and funding from these forces and they made him go even more extreme (by playing on his ego) which was getting detrimental to our desh. This was a cause for worry. Unfortunately, in his "eagerness" to protect Hindu interests he was taking steps which were clearly hurting the general Hindu/Bharat's interests, and creating bad publicity. ....

2. Two small but vital examples can be cited in this regard. For example, T-da held a soft corner for Mumtaaz Banoo personally. Why? Because she worships Goddess Kali and doesn't leave home without offering puja. .... How the hell did this idea come to him was beyond any reasonable comprehension when it was very clear that Mumtaaz was playing to the jihadi gallery inherited from the LF. Another gem: when AI became the head of IB the field personnel complained that the flow of field info dried up from HS under T-da's instructions. He thought that the vital info would fall in wrong hands under AI. Duh! Who gave this impression to him was again beyond any reasonable comprehension. One guy at the top doesn't compromise the entire machinery that keeps the desh safe...... At the same time, HS's network got hijacked by massa's younger brother to expand their network in poorva bharat, especially to keep an eye on BD.Seeing this happening was really irritating, given the fact that many very well-trained personnel that keeps the desh safe graduated from T-da's channel. ....

Anyway, no more of this now......
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

So to conclude, can we safely assume that the HS today is more of a problem than a solution for the flashpoint of Bengal, for us Hindus?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The 5 elections point to a fundamental constant in the Indian context. Will come to it.

Meanwhile,the aftershocks of the 5 polls,
There are wranglings in the Pondy bazaar,with the CM refusing to give the BJP cab. seats that they're demanding as nothing of that sort was demanded before the polls. This does not augur well for the lifespan of the govt. Expect more turbulence in the future.

Back to the message of the "Battle of the 5 states".
Bengal:
Firstly,there is a limitation as to how much of pandering to the voter on the basis of religion and influence of religious parties.The Muslims rejected the solely Muslim fronts and voted for the TMC to defeat the main enemy,the BJP .So too did the majority of Hindus,who preferred to wear their Bengali nationalism on their kurtas instead of voting for Hindutva.

Secondly, horse trading engineering defectors from the TMC cost the BJP heavily. People do not like traitors, especially those who appear to have defected purely for pelf! Now the traitors are behaving true to form wanting to betray the BJP ( in such indecent haste!) and return to Mother Mamta ( successor to Mother Theresa for Bengalis)!

Thirdly,remember the old adage about a woman scorned. Denigrating Mamta in repeated personal attacks was intensely disliked by the Bengali woman voter.Mamta played these indignities to the women's tiers in the gallery and it worked.

Fourth.If you can't speak the local lingo,do not send in arrogant heavyweights who insult the locals by speaking only in Hindi like conquering invaders. Sending in Yogi to Tamilnadu and AS too ,who hectored (paid) crowds in Hindi ,added fuel to the fire. Even AIADMK cadre were lukewarm about the tie-up with the BJP and rue it today.

Fifth.Regionalism has its hard core supporters. You find this in all over the country,especially the states furthest from Delhi. Why the Moghuls couldn't penetrate the south totally. Centuries old lessons that the BJP must learn today,one shoe,one language (Hindi) does not fit a diverse India,a veritable subcontinent. The Gujarat model doesn't work in Bengal and vice versa. If you don't have local regional leaders of real standing.not the rapacious Chidambaram privateer types, you will never succeed.The best you can hope for is for a few crumbs (seats),perhaps a bone (ministership) thrown from the high table for the mutt to wag its tail!

Sixth. Perform don't preach. Peformance counts, why in Kerala ,which NEVER returned a sitting govt., the Reds of all the tribes came back with a resounding victory!
The 100% claimed most literate state in the country voted for demonstrated performance and the hope of a better life in this world, not for religious dogma and beliefs and hope for a better deal in the afterlife!

Seventh. Even containerloads of moneypower has its limitations.Ask the AIADMK that, alleged to have spent an unimaginable sum in trying to buy votes.It may have worked in some areas,but not the whole state. Dravidianism won instead.

I think we must now direct the threat to the forthcoming state elections which will be upon us sooner than alter and assess the impact of the China Virus wave 2.0,with warnings about a 3rd. wave in the future. Wave 2.0 has devastated lives, the economy, jobs, etc. with a huge depression overtaking millions in the nation,uncertain of the future. ICMR topsy-turvy advisories-now they're not sure how effective the vaccines are, is adding to the uncertainty and confusion. It's past time for the GOI and current dispensation to reshuffle the pack of those at the helm of arresting the pandemic- there must be accountability for the chaos , not using propaganda to fight the pandemic, it isn't working, and taking the reins of state in a firm grip to lead the nation out of this crisis,the worst in our history.

Finally,the usual blame game theatrics.They cut no ice with the voter. Blame everything upon your opponents, your party rivals,the weather, the dogs,but never admit your mistakes!
Napoleon famously said," Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan!"
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

Paul wrote:In the rona dhona over WB losses (which is net +ve IMO expectation is similar to Bihar in 2015, NDA could not win the state)

we have overlooked the BJP cracking the southern bastion for the first time. What is going in Puducheri??

NDA govt for first time in land of Tamils......looks like way to KL goes thru TN.
I wanted to acknowledge what you wrote Sir. Those were vital victories in the South for Dharmic forces, I sincerely pray that they consolidate on those victories and improve their standings.

However, as we have discussed> Only performance will bring victory to us - KL will need strengthening, protection of the grassroot workers at the ground level for us to get a good score on the board. In my opinion, the dynamics of KL is quite different from TN.

However Puducheri is a sign that we would improve upon the 4 seats won recently in TN. I am relating this with Tripura as it is practically a Bengali state and if the BJP can win there, the BJP can win in Bengal as well and be the flag bearer for the nationalist forces.
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

Puducherry is actually won by NR Congress, a party that split from congress and has been in power earlier. The CM is a popular one and It is win that they were able to copt NR congress into NDA fold and Tamil speaking Puducherrians did not fall for the anti-bjp propaganda that is out in full force across SM and MSM in the Tamil world.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Maria wrote:However, as we have discussed> Only performance will bring victory to us - KL will need strengthening, protection of the grassroot workers at the ground level for us to get a good score on the board. In my opinion, the dynamics of KL is quite different from TN.
In KL, RSS is very strong and generally they have the capability to stand strong and fight back in return. It is very different from the situaton in West Bengal. And with a strong RSS, even BJP leaders get some security. But BJP leadership in Kerala are absolutely pathetic and focuses on issues which generally do not have much impact on Kerala. For example, Hindus in KL are religious but it is way different from say Gujarath or UP. Sabari Mala issue was one where BJP could have made some in roads. But statements by some local leaders, and the fact that all said and done BJP actually did nothing against the court verdict slowly took away that advantage. Also it was an issue that had an expiry date. The moment things got normalised, there was no point in harping on that again and again.

Secondly KL BJP gets stumped on one aspect repeatedly. BJP is a national party, so the state's BJP leadership will have to defend the stance taken by national leadership even when the KL population is against that stance. The best example is that the commies (and their paid media gang and dubious intellectuals) expects BJP state leadership to change the vaccine procurement policy taken by BJP's central government. Or they are accused as being "traitors of Kerala state". The CPI(M) in KL will never have to face such a situation because they are only a party which exists in Kerala :lol:. So BJP's national level stature actually becomes a disadvantage here. The Congress too had faced similar challenge, but since both the commies and them were hand in hand when it comes to minority appeasement etc things went on fine.

Note; the whole set of review petitions against the Sabari Mala verdict was drafted and submitted by real devotees (and their groups). State or central BJP leadership have done zilch. Even today things are just hanging in 'suspended animation', and it depends upon the Supreme Court.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin saar,

what was the rationale in vijayan appointing his son in law as a minister in his govt and that too, in a lucrative ATM ministry.

does the guy have any political standing or administrative experience or is he representing some special interest group or is it a token trade off to keep some jehadi forces happy
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Never understood why BJP and Modi must win by performance but others win by default logic. What exactly did Congress achieve in MP, Raj etc for decades that it still remains the default party in case others stumble.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

vimal wrote:Never understood why BJP and Modi must win by performance but others win by default logic. What exactly did Congress achieve in MP, Raj etc for decades that it still remains the default party in case others stumble.
It's still based on the performance for everyone. Different definitions of performance? Congress has ecosystem control. For the voter, it's known quantity vs. unknown. One in a hand vs. two in bush. There's a big difference between Modi/Yogi and the rest. Few deaths and as a voter I'm in a state of unknown with BJP. Vikas without any ecosystem backing it up is like nehru policy of forward base deployment without supply lines. Any non Modi/Yogi entity can reverse it to no vikas state in a second. In addition, there are no skins on the wall that stick to mind of voters. One can solve the most complex things but if it doesn't stick to voters' mind as folklore then it's all for naught. Sometimes you do need khujli under your shoe squirming to let voters know who has the overt power and control. BIF isn't going to repeat the mistake of 2002 folklore narrations that kept congress at bay in GJ for long time in minds of voters.

Voter knows what congress ecosystem will deliver without a miss and with a killer mentality. Irrespective of who is in charge of looting. The performance for what they believe in is there with a great deal of track record.

For BJP, it's a hit or miss. Covert master strokes and surgical strikes don't stick to minds. Overt bulldozer events will make Mahatma out of any ant and turn it into folklore for long time. Any publicity is good publicity. So far there's no clear and definitive squirming of vermins under BJP's foot to showcase that. Any roadside entity can take potshots at BJP, kill it's workers and supporters, and get away with it. Add to it no sign of BJP ecosystem or any steady stream of prosecutions (on or off the books) for voters to take home with. So far only Yogi has established the strong reputation on the first chance during this BJP wave. Let's see what 2022 brings for him. MH is a perfect example of how supporting BJP went awry with no BJP ecosystem in place.

Now one can label voters to be dhimmi and not willing to take required risk. However, that's a different topic altogether.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

x posted from the Internal security thread.

the report is 128 pages long.

Download it, if you want.

Main points of our Fact Finding Report on Bengal:
1.State Sponsored 'Pogrom' by TMC against those who did not vote for TMC including SC/st/women
2. Extortion money demanded by TMC to spare lives
4. Rape used as weapon of political revenge
5. Centre must intervene
via@advmonikaarora

via@advmonikaarora

Full report on Bengal Violence.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yBAAUZ ... YjD_E/view
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

The above report sounds like '71 redux.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Maria-Sir,
I won't go whole hog to castigate HS as counterproductive. They have some good underground projects going on, and have some localized muscle power to help the dharmik people. However, they should work in tandem with pro-dharmik parties, and shouldn't let themselves be used by the external forces in detriment to Bharat.

Sachin / Chetak Sir,
There is some hushed news that NIA is checking the antecedents of some TMC MLAs who are actually non-Indian citizens, and were provided all fake legal documents under Mumtaaz Banoo's instructions. There are five of them, belonging to the peacefool group, and they all got elected from the minority dominated Murshidabad district. NIA is trying to identify the entire fake document eco-system. Any truth?
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

How come the tactic of filling PILs in Supreme Court against violence does not work in Bengal case? Does the court not accept the PILs? Or isn’t there anyone savvy enough to try?
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Kati wrote:Maria-Sir,
I won't go whole hog to castigate HS as counterproductive. They have some good underground projects going on, and have some localized muscle power to help the dharmik people. However, they should work in tandem with pro-dharmik parties, and shouldn't let themselves be used by the external forces in detriment to Bharat.
We do not have any successful mainstream Pro Dharmic party. BJP does not qualify as a pro dharmic party. At the most they are slightly better than other parties for Hindus, which will be of very little use during the long run.
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

Kati ji, no Sir for me please. I whole hoggedly agree that the HS may be useful however if someone else is purportedly pulling their strings like a puppet master, aren't they as dangerous as the Karni Sena in RJ? However, I bet there is bound to be a power struggle within them and things will be sorted out. However, in the short term - I would still place my bet on the BJP due to their organisation and understanding of the political landscape.

Can anyone tell me what is the status of the Hindu Mahasabha? I tried figuring out what they are upto these days, all I could find is that they are led by a motely group that can never stage a national level return for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_Mahasabha
http://www.abhm.org.in/

P.S You gentlemen had referenced Massa's younger brother, who are these guys :) ? I know Massa aka Amirkhan is America.
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

Maria wrote:Kati ji, no Sir for me please. I whole hoggedly agree that the HS may be useful however if someone else is purportedly pulling their strings like a puppet master, aren't they as dangerous as the Karni Sena in RJ? However, I bet there is bound to be a power struggle within them and things will be sorted out. However, in the short term - I would still place my bet on the BJP due to their organisation and understanding of the political landscape.

Can anyone tell me what is the status of the Hindu Mahasabha? I tried figuring out what they are upto these days, all I could find is that they are led by a motely group that can never stage a national level return for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_Mahasabha
http://www.abhm.org.in/

P.S You gentlemen had referenced Massa's younger brother, who are these guys :) ? I know Massa aka Amirkhan is America.
Hint: Island off the European continent,a member of the P5, a has-been. No names please, if you get my drift :P
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

Ahhhh, I get it. I should purchase Bisk Farm for a more swadeshi move to ensure that the sun truly sets faster for those has-beens.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Academicians Lead Charge Against Trinamool For Post-Poll Violence, Write To President And Supreme Court For Probes - Swarajya
Close on the heels of over 600 senior academicians appealing to the Supreme Court to set up a special investigation team (SIT) to probe the post-poll violence in Bengal in which scores of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) functionaries and supporters have lost their lives and thousands displaced, over a hundred academicians belonging to the Dalit, OBC, tribal and backward class communities have sought the President's intervention to end violence against SC and ST communities in the state.

The Centre for Social Development and over a hundred academicians wrote to President Ram Nath Kovind on Thursday, drawing his plight to the horrific atrocities against members of the SC, ST and OBC communities in Bengal as a result of violence unleashed on them by Trinamool Congress supporters.

In a memorandum to the President, the academicians said that “state-sponsored activists of the Trinamool Congress in collaboration with the state police have targeted the SC/ST community” and have killed, raped members of the SC/ST communities, looted their homes, and forcibly occupied their lands.

“More than 11,000 people, most of them belonging to the SC and ST communities, have been rendered homeless and over 40,000 affected in 1627 cases of brutal attacks on them,” they wrote in the memorandum.

It also states that over 5000 houses have been demolished after the declaration of results of the Assembly elections, 26 people belonging to the SC/ST communities have been killed, and 142 women belonging to these communities have been raped.

Houses and shops belonging to the members of the SC/ST communities have been looted, ransacked and torched, and they have been warned against returning to their homes. As a result, the memorandum said, over 2,000 SC/ST people have become internally displaced and have been forced to take shelter in the neighbouring states of Assam, Jharkhand and Odisha.

The academicians, drawn from various colleges and universities all over the country, urged the President to intervene and end the atrocities on members of the SC and ST communities in Bengal.

Earlier this week, over 600 senior academicians, including vice-chancellors of various universities, appealed to the Supreme Court to take suo moto cognisance of post-poll violence in Bengal and set up an SIT to probe all such incidents.

The academicians noted that all those who did not vote for the Trinamool in the recent Assembly elections were being targeted, and thousands have migrated to neighbouring states due to fear of being attacked or killed by “hooligans supported by the ruling party of Bengal”.

The academicians noted that “such acts of violence and politics of terror undermine the Constitution and destroy the basic building blocks of democracy” and should not be tolerated.

In end-May, over 2,000 women lawyers from across the country wrote to the Chief Justice of India urging him to take cognisance of post-poll violence in Bengal and set up an SIT to probe all the incidents.

Stating that Bengal was facing a “Constitutional crisis” due to blatant subversion of democratic norms, the lawyers wrote that “the incidents of violence have shackled the conscience of thousands of women lawyers” in the country.

“The police are hand in glove with the goons and the victims are not in a position to even register their complaints. There is a complete breakdown of the constitutional machinery in the state,” the lawyers wrote to the CJI.

The lawyers’ letter to the CJI coincided with a memorandum submitted by over 150 former judges, bureaucrats, diplomats, police officers and eminent persons to President Kovind urging him to intervene to end post-poll violence in Bengal.

In a memorandum to the President, they stated: “We are greatly disturbed by the mindless instigation of reported violence in electoral vengeance against the people who exercised their democratic right to vote for one political party or the other”.

“Media reports, largely substantiated by eyewitness accounts, mention murders, rapes, attacks on persons and property, including by anti-national elements, leading to forced migration of people to shelter homes”.

“These unfortunate developments, if unchecked, could establish a trend which will undermine and ultimately destroy the deep rooted democratic traditions of India,” they said in the memorandum.

Former Delhi High Court Chief Justice B C Patel, former Bombay High Court Chief Justice Kshitij Vyas, former RAW chief Sanjeev Tripathi, former Punjab DGP P C Dogra and former Jammu and Kashmir DGP S P Vaid are among the signatories to the memorandum.

The Trinamool Congress has denied all allegations of post-poll violence.
Quoting some of the articles linked by the above article:

West Bengal post-poll violence: Over 600 academicians move SC to set up SIT probe - PTI via India Today
A group of over 600 professors and vice chancellors on Tuesday appealed to the Supreme Court to take suo motu cognisance of the post-poll violence in West Bengal and set up a special investigation team (SIT) to probe such incidents.

In a statement, they claimed that a large section of the Bengali society is living under fear and alleged that those who "voted against the TMC in the recently held assembly elections are being victimised."

Thousands of people have migrated to the adjoining states of Assam, Odisha and Jharkhand due to fear of getting killed or attacked by "hooligans supported by the ruling party of Bengal," they claimed.

"We appeal for inquiry by independent authorities like National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and also appeal to the Supreme Court to take suo motu notice of the matter and set up SIT to investigate the incidents," the group said.

Stating that such acts of violence and politics of terror undermine the Constitution and destroy the basic building blocks of democracy, they said it should not be tolerated.

The BJP has blamed the state's ruling Trinamool Congress for the violence, while the TMC has accused the saffron party of politicising incidents of violence in which, it has said, its workers have also lost lives. The state government has also refuted the allegations of large-scale violence.

Over 2,000 lawyers urge CJI to take cognizance of 'post-poll violence' in Bengal - Poulomi Saha, India Today
Over 2,000 advocates from across the country have written to Chief Justice of India NV Ramana urging him to take cognizance of the alleged incidents of violence in Bengal after the assembly election in the state. They have also demanded the constitution of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate and register FIRs in the matter.

The letter was written to draw the attention of the Supreme Court "towards the constitutional crisis and deplorable condition of the citizens of our country residing in the State of West Bengal due to the post-poll violence continuing since May 2".

"The incidents of violence have shackled the conscience of thousands of women lawyers across the length and breadth of ‘Bharat’," the letter read.

Alleging the state police were complicit in the alleged violence, the letter said, "The police are hand in gloves with the goons and the victims are not in a position to even register their complaints. There is a complete breakdown of the constitutional machinery in the State."

The lawyers urged the CJI to "take cognizance of the matter and constitute a Special Investigation Team to register FIRs and investigate into the deaths and other vengeful attacks as being reported in news."

The lawyers demanded that "A nodal officer be appointed (not belonging to West Bengal Police) to register the complaints of the victims. A court-monitored investigation in a time-bound manner, trial by specially constituted fast track court wherever charge sheet is filed by the SIT regarding cases emanating from the post-poll violence in the State of West Bengal. Directions are issued that all post-poll violence victims/family members may be duly compensated for death /injuries, loss of property, etc. by the State of West Bengal."

The lawyers said, "Director General of Police of the State of West Bengal may kindly be directed to set up an effective complaint mechanism at all levels on priority basis and to file a daily report before the Hon’ble Supreme Court, regarding the complaints received by Police Department from all channels."

The lawyers also sought that protection is provided to all victims and directions be issued to the DGP in the matter.

They also sought that "directions may be issued to all Commissions i.e National Human Rights Commission, National Commission for Women, National Commission for protection of Child Rights, Commission of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, National Commission for Backward classes to appoint competent nodal officers to record the statements of victims through virtual mode and contact numbers of those nodal officers be widely circulated."

RETIRED JUDGES, DIPLOMATS, WRITE TO PREZ AGAINST 'POLITICAL VIOLENCE' IN WEST BENGAL

Blaming "state terror" for political violence in West Bengal, a group of citizens has written to President Ram Nath Kovind and called for a Special Investigation Team (SIT) probe monitored by a retired Supreme Court judge for a fair investigation and speedy justice.

Referring to the "targeted political killings" and violence after the West Bengal assembly elections and "deficient and inappropriate" response of the local administration and police, they demanded that these cases be handed over to the NIA to deal with the "anti-national" onslaught on the culture and integrity of the country as it is a border state.

Nearly 150 people, including retired judges, diplomats, bureaucrats, police officials and veterans, have submitted this memorandum to the president on Monday.

The memorandum said, "We are greatly disturbed by the mindless instigation of reported violence in electoral vengeance against the people who exercised their democratic right to vote for one political party or the other.

"Media reports, largely substantiated by eyewitness accounts, mention murders, rapes, attacks on persons and property, including by anti-national elements, leading to forced migration of people to shelter homes."

These unfortunate developments, if unchecked, could establish a trend which will undermine and ultimately destroy the deep-rooted democratic traditions of India, they said.

Citing media reports, they said over a dozen persons, including women, have been killed in post-poll violence in the state in over 15,000 incidents of alleged violence.

As a result, 4,000 to 5,000 people have reportedly migrated to Assam, Jharkhand and Orissa, they said, seeking a special relief package for the victims of violence, and efforts for their rehabilitation.

The BJP has blamed the state's ruling Trinamool Congress for the violence, while the TMC has accused the saffron party of politicising incidents of violence in which, it has said, its workers have also lost lives. The state government has also refuted the allegations of large-scale violence.

Former Delhi High Court chief justice BC Patel, former Bombay High Court chief justice Kshitij Vyas, former RAW chief Sanjeev Tripathi, former Punjab DGP PC Dogra and former Jammu and Kashmir DGP SP Vaid are among the signatories to the memorandum.

Post-poll violence in Bengal: Retired judges, diplomats, women lawyers others write to President Kovind, CJI Ramana - PTI via TNIE
NEW DELHI: Blaming "state terror" for political violence in West Bengal, a group of citizens has written to President Ram Nath Kovind and called for a Special Investigation Team (SIT) probe monitored by a retired Supreme Court judge for a fair investigation and speedy justice.

Referring to the "targeted political killings" and violence after the West Bengal assembly elections and "deficient and inappropriate" response of the local administration and police, they demanded that these cases be handed over to the NIA to deal with the "anti-national" onslaught on the culture and integrity of the country as it is a border state.

Nearly 150 people, including retired judges, diplomats, bureaucrats, police officials and veterans, have submitted this memorandum to the president on Monday.

The memorandum said, "We are greatly disturbed by the mindless instigation of reported violence in electoral vengeance against the people who exercised their democratic right to vote for one political party or the other."

"Media reports, largely substantiated by eyewitness accounts, mention murders, rapes, attacks on persons and property, including by anti-national elements, leading to forced migration of people to shelter homes."

These unfortunate developments, if unchecked, could establish a trend which will undermine and ultimately destroy the deep rooted democratic traditions of India, they said.

Citing media reports, they said over a dozen persons, including women, have been killed in post-poll violence in the state in over 15,000 incidents of alleged violence.

As a result, 4,000 to 5,000 people have reportedly migrated to Assam, Jharkhand and Orissa, they said, seeking a special relief package for the victims of violence, and efforts for their rehabilitation.

"Offences reportedly of rape, attempted rapes, and violating the modesty of women, targeting scheduled castes and tribes, and incidents of religious sacrilege are the worst manifestation of post-poll violence in West Bengal," they said.

The BJP has blamed the state's ruling Trinamool Congress for the violence, while the TMC has accused the saffron party of politicising incidents of violence in which, it has said, its workers have also lost lives.

The state government has also refuted the allegations of large-scale violence.

The memorandum said, "It is clear that the overwhelming majority of civilian deaths resulting from political violence were the result of what should be understood as serious acts of commission and omission of the law and order enforcement machinery of the State, or, in the worst case scenario, induced 'State Terror'."

Noting that law and order is a state subject, they said the state government under Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee must act in accordance with the Constitutional mandate to maintain it and curb violence with an iron hand to ensure peace and tranquillity.

Former Delhi High Court chief justice B C Patel, former Bombay High Court chief justice Kshitij Vyas, former RAW chief Sanjeev Tripathi, former Punjab DGP P C Dogra and former Jammu and Kashmir DGP S P Vaid are among the signatories to the memorandum.

Meanwhile, over 2,000 women lawyers from across the country wrote to Chief Justice of India (CJI) N V Ramana on Monday urging him to take cognisance of alleged post poll violence in West Bengal and constitute a Special Investigation Team to register FIRs and investigation into the matter.

The letter signed by 2,093 women advocates, including from West Bengal, claimed that the post poll violence continuing since May 2 in the state has not even spared women and children.

The women lawyers said that there was a "constitutional crisis" in the state due to the violence since May 2, which has made the condition of the citizens in the state "deplorable".

"The incidents of violence have shackled the conscience of thousands of women lawyers across the length and breadth of 'Bharat'. It is stated with utmost grief that the perpetrators of violence have not even spared women and children," it said.

The letter said that the police was hand in gloves with the goons and the victims were not in a position to even register their complaints and that there is a complete breakdown of the constitutional machinery in the state.

"Take cognizance of the matter and constitute a Special Investigation Team to register FIRs and investigate into the deaths and other vengeful attacks as being reported in news," the letter urged.

It also sought that a nodal officer, not belonging to West Bengal Police, be appointed to register the complaints of the victims.

"Direct court monitored investigation in a time bound manner, trial by specially constituted fast track court wherever charge sheet is filed by the SIT regarding cases emanating from the post poll violence in the State of West Bengal; "Issue Directions that all post poll violence victims/family members may be duly compensated for death /injuries, loss of property etc. by the State of West Bengal," it further said.

The letter also urged the CJI to ask the Director General of Police, West Bengal, to set up an effective complaint mechanism at all levels on priority basis and to file a daily report before the apex court, regarding the complaints received by Police Department from all channels.
This seems to be almost at-par with Gujarat, for which Modi was hauled over the coals due to no fault of his. Muzaffarnagar also comes to mind, though Akhilesh being of the right dispensation faced little to no scrutiny by an ideologically aligned centre back then. But that's not the case now - the central ruling party itself bore the brunt of the violence, and yet there is no action. Not sure what the Modi govt is doing here - why not at least form an SIT and ask some tough questions of Mamata? Yes, the violence happened under the EC's watch before Mamata took over, but that does not mean the party cadre could run amok without consequences. In fact, that the violence stopped immediately after Mamata took over raises even more questions about its orchestration. Not sure what's with this complete inaction on the BJP's part and bleating about being targeted. In fact, this avoidance of grabbing the issue by the horns seems to have emboldened Mamata instead of putting her on the back foot, as evidenced by her behaviour with the PM's entourage after the cyclone. The PM is obviously focused on the pandemic and it's originating country, but why not make Amit Shah the face of the investigations here? Being the home minister, this is also his own bailiwick, so what's stopping a high-voltage probe from the centre? Even if they don't find anything culpable, they need to at least investigate for the sake of the affected people on the ground. Not sure what is the chankiyan calculation here...

As for the "suo-moto" Supreme Court (and the rest of the judiciary), they have more important things to take suo moto cognizance of, so I don't expect anything else from this lot. Things like a bullshit anti-5G petition by a comely yesteryear actress (she's still cute, no doubt), and demanding documents about policies that are already in the public domain (see the recent directives about the centre's vaccine policy), who gets to breathe in oxygen vs other gases (get O2 for Delhi by hook or by crook), off-duty hours to listen to petitions of favoured lawyers, diverting seized critical medical equipment for one's own fraternity, and the best part: taking summer vacations like school children take priority. I don't see them coming to the rescue of the affected people in WB. They are best at grandstanding, that too only in some cases.

So, we have a PM who is becoming silent like his predecessor, and a blatantly partisan judiciary that seems to have removed the blindfold hitherto given to "Lady Justice" and jumps in to adjudicate issues in one direction only. Good luck getting justice for these people.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... arebuttons

Silver lining in the cloud....BJP will do in Puducherry what are doing in MH.