2021 Five State Elections

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Post by Aditya_V »

Any body else notice that the Communists only scored 5% of vote in WB and INC 2.93%, and this combined with the Left victory in Kerala.

Did some like RG come up with a brilliant idea asking the Left to sacrifice itself in WB for a victory in Kerala for the greater Secular cause. It might mean the end of left and INC in WB.

In TN - DMK-37.7% + INC 4.27% + comies 1.9% + IUML .5% = ~44.5% of votes polled VS AIDMK 33.3%+ 3.8% PMK + BJP 2.62% = 39.6% of the votes.

Unlike the earlier TOI report NTC- Seeman party vote share is around -5% , AMMK, DMK, MNM all polled poorly. I doubt Seeman will break 5%, BUt I think AMMK, MNM votes will shift to NDA.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Kati wrote: Sir,
Listen. Please don't say things out of frustration which can be a boomerang. I'm now piecing together a few facts which I have had experienced since January 2021.
1. At every rally TMC made it a point to heap blames on the center for the cooking gas and petrol price rise. When I started to defend this several of my friends and acquaintances stopped talking to me. True, these same upper-middle class people don't mind spending Rs. 500 for booze, but when the cooking gas price rises by Rs. 50 or the petrol goes up by Rs. 5 then all hell breaks loose for them. I wish the central govt had been a little bit more careful about this knowing fully that an important state election was due. This price rise found a sympathetic ear among many voters.

2. I must give credit to PK for having his ears set on the ground. He used this feeling of frustration on price rise very effectively..... Published reports say that PK was hired with a contract of RS. 400 crores. The hidden / actual figure might be twice that number. PK hired a large number of young men and women to do their hack job. Many common people don't know about this. One example: In early February a guy suddenly appeared at a pharmacy in an upper middle-class neighborhood of Kolkata...... That pharmacy doubles up as a neighborgood "adda" (gossip-mill). Every week this guy would start a conversation with topics like "This govt is selling everything, we will have nothing left... that's why air tickets are getting more expensive, etc etc...." I heard that the same was going on in a near-by community shopping complex too. This is a classic tactics used by RSS pracharaks in North Bengal which they have been doing for several years to get the people talking on contentious issues, especially in rural areas - bus stops, chai/paan shops, etc. So I think PK cleverly used the same method in urban and semi-urban areas very effectively.

So we are looking for an interesting time ahead.
This is something i had mentioned several times in the political dhaaga. Back in Jan/Feb i had shared on the forum that even fellow BJP Karyakartas on ground are mocking "acche din" in the face of rising fuel and food prices. I posted links to local newspapers with articles screaming how the food prices have more than doubled in the last year and the constant increase of fuel prices was exacerbating it. Nirmala Sitharaman completely mucked it up by increasing LPG and diesel prices over a dozen times in the last 3 months. People even the upper-middle class can seperate between consumer discretionary and non-discretionary spending. So while they can choose to postpone expensive restaurant trips or buying alcoholic beverages, people have no option but to buy cooking gas and fill their vehicles to commute. This was a completely tone deaf move by the government especially so close to the elections.
AshishA wrote:One thing we made a mistake a brf was the we were too sure of BJP's success. And based it on Dr BB's tweets. So much so that we were discussing about who should be chief minister and who should be ministers. This type of complacency can result in 2004 like situation. Hence, we must give be realistic and consider a possibility where BJP doesn't form govt. And various congress offsprings forming the govt. Like in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh. And we must always consider the dark possibility of a BIF gang led by or supported by congress coming to centre next time. And work towards preventing it.
Agreed. While i have immense respect for some of his calls, he has been more wrong than right in assembly elections . In DL 2015 he got it spectacularly wrong as he did in later assembly elections in KAR, MP, CG and now WB. Be wary of psephologists who have strong political leanings because their science is influenced by what they wish to see.

Deans wrote:While I am as upset about the WB result, as the bulk of this forum, I think it was consistent with the assembly results of all other states since 2014. where the BJP was a serious contender. It's a point I have made in the past, on this forum.

In EVERY state assembly election the BJP has got a lower vote share than the preceding LS election for that state. (4% lower on average).
That is the problem the BJP has to fix. At the central level, it gets more votes since national issues matter more and there is no alternative to
Modiji. Neither premise is true at state level. The lower vote share at state level can be compensated for by better governance by BJP ruled states, but that is not happening - if one considers state GDP growth, or anecdotal evidence of my state - Karnataka.

This is something to be considered seriously, rather than just blame the voter, as many of us seem to be doing.
You are absolutely right. Unless local BJP leadership in states prove that they are much much better than the established old parties, then people especially in wealthier states like KAR,TN or even MH will be less likely to vote for BJP just based on "vikas" talks. In richer states jobs and infrastructure are not so much of an issue as it is in poorer states, so when BJP comes to power unless there is a visible improvement and growth, they won't get re-elected. I am convinced that BJP is set to lose in KAR next time around, people are sick and tired of 4 factions fighting it out publicly instead of improving the state. After the farmer agitation and a lacklustre CM like Manoharlal Khattar, HR too is likely gone. MP needs Scindia as the next CM candidate to avoid anti-incumbency, Chattisgarh either needs a repackaged Raman Singh or a new face to wrest the control from INC. MH and UP are the only two states where BJP has strong local face but such is the political landscape in MH that i don't see any party getting outright majority on its own without a cooalition.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

kvraghav wrote:Did IPS Annamalai win in TN?
Nope, he lost by 25k votes. Party president L Murugan lost by a narrower margin of ~1500 votes.

These are the 4 BJP MLAs in TN with their win margins:
M R Gandhi, Nagercoil (11k votes)
Nainar Nagendran, Tirunelveli (32k votes)
Vanathi Srinivasan, Coimbatore South (1.7k votes)
C Saraswathi, Modakkurichi (Erode) (281 votes)

It's a beachhead, no doubt, but a slog going forward. Good thing is they won these seats in a losing election (someone else too pointed this out earlier IIRC), so with the right focus, they can build upon this. But one absolutely non-negotiable thing they need, is their own TV channel. Every tom, dick and harry in TN politics has one, so this is almost a pre-requisite. It doesn't matter if people think their TV channel is biased - all channels are, so no one actually expects neutrality. But at least they'll have a platform to highlight their work, as the regular TN MSM is guaranteed to treat them with a wall of silence. Multiple channels, with like a Tamil version of Janam from neighbouring Kerala would be nice. Without media presence, BJP simply cannot grow - there are no pressing issues of development or jobs like in WB or other poorer states.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

I want IPS Annamalai to win. He was a very good officer. Wonder what happens now? He will stay on or move back to IAS and to some safe BJP state.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

I am going to repeat ad nauseum, there is nothing more important the BJP can do right now electorally, than protect it's karyakartas in West Bengal. There is literally a direct action day on the way of being launched there. Please understand that Mamata was bred in the school of CPM & Maoist street violence.
No media will come to save you. No international media will focus on this violence. They will all turn their face away. Stop looking for validation. Please have your entire IT cell geared towards amplifying the voices of the Karyakartas. Please take political and street action to protect them. As it is, you are being called fascist by real murderers like the TMC. It's time to protect your people on the streets.
Get the drift.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

kvraghav wrote:I want IPS Annamalai to win. He was a very good officer. Wonder what happens now? He will stay on or move back to IAS and to some safe BJP state.
he should be given a significant party post in TN.

He is an excellent communicator, is very presentable, credible and has gravitas
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

kvraghav wrote:I want IPS Annamalai to win. He was a very good officer. Wonder what happens now? He will stay on or move back to IAS and to some safe BJP state.
Nothing, I expect they'll stay the course. Vanathi Srinivasan lost badly from Coimbatore in the LS 2019 election, yet here she is as an MLA, having beaten Kamal Hassan. So continue to invest in him and support L Murugan - articulate people are important to build a narrative for the future.

Added l8r - Nainar Nagendran also lost the LS elections but is now an MLA
Last edited by arshyam on 03 May 2021 20:17, edited 2 times in total.
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

Don't want to demoralise HCs, they are vital pillars of democracy: SC on EC's plea

https://in.news.yahoo.com/dont-want-dem ... 59484.html
Told EC to take remarks in the right spirit
..........................................................................................................

Bengal Governor summons DGP as violence erupts in parts of state

https://www.hindustantimes.com/election ... 45644.html

ANI - Home ministry has asked for report on post electoral violence targeting opposition electoral workers from WB Gov

Yahi chai-biskut chalega. By the time they think action is due, story would have ended in WB.

...........................................................................................................
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Why is SC always mouthing off platitudes? If they are so concerned with democracy's 'vitals', let have them enact NJAC.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Sicanta wrote: Bengal Governor summons DGP as violence erupts in parts of state

https://www.hindustantimes.com/election ... 45644.html

ANI - Home ministry has asked for report on post electoral violence targeting opposition electoral workers from WB Gov

Yahi chai-biskut chalega. By the time they think action is due, story would have ended in WB.

...........................................................................................................
In past 7 years of BJP rule in Center, there hasn't been any indication that BJP has protected the grassroot workers. And it is not just WB or Kerala. Systematic targeting has occurred in other states as well, notably Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

The street level logic is simple. I have to feel that you can protect yourself and me if you want my vote. If I'm in Bengal, why would I be all out BJP supporter if I see it as a weakling?

In my opinion, Yogi's clear stand on many things essentially won UP. Modi only provided part of the puzzle and the rest of puzzle was Yogi.

Something similar was clearly missing in WB.

It took 2002's BIF peddling of agenda to cement BJP's reputation in GJ. Much more than any work in Bhuj. That image of strength carried on to allow Modi to showcase his skills. There's no guarantee that without BIF's folly of 2002 BJP would have seen such a reign in GJ.

Save the Karyakarthas if BJP really wants to prove as a legitimate opposition.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

BJP did not have a CM candidate for the UP election, the selection of Yogi Adityanath after winning the election on Modi-Shah's name came as a surprise to many even within UP. While we should all be grateful that UP is now being run by a able administrator with a no non-sense attitude, it could have easily gone the way of Haryana or Jharkhand. If you cannot create a Modi or a Yogi in every state, atleast identify and develop someone like Fadnavis.

Every state is different and has a different need and a different dynamic, i think fundamentally this is where the BJP leadership and the Nagpur HQ is making mistakes after mistakes. What works in GJ will not work in WB, and what works in WB will not work in KAR. Take RJ for example, Vasundra is a dud but removing her as the CM face before next election will not go well with a lot of old timers who have immense respect for the royal family. Unless she throws her weight behind the party's candidate, BJP will not find it easy to dislodge INC in RJ. KAR is even more complicated because you have 4 powerful factions within BJP baying for each others blood on a daily basis, whom do you select in such a situation who is agreeable to all factions ? I hope someone from GJ can write how Modi who was not even in Keshubhai Patel's cabinet nor had a history of electoral politics until he became the CM was not only able to unite established factions within GJ BJP but rule the state for 3 straight terms.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Sorry, it was Yogis Hindu Yuva Vahini That provided the required security to the BJP voters in UP. It was here where he clashed with the Ansaris. He was even jailed by Mulla Mulayam when he was MP. He was then released and Mulayam is still afraid Yogi might throw his son to jail for what he did earlier.
Something similar is needed in WB but i doubt anything will happen. Governor should put state under presidents rule for 6 months.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Prem Kumar wrote: 5) Education: once again a weak spot. Under 10 years of Modi sarkar, an entire generation of school children would have received a Hinduphobic education, while BJP just sat on it. A large chunk of these kids, once they reach the voting age, will not vote for BJP. I have personally heard the views of many of these CBSE/ICSE educated kids. Many don't even mind converting to Christianity and say that they aren't a big fan of Modi. The Hindu-hriday Govt has failed an entire generation, which is unpardonable
You are very mistaken. Hindoos are very lucky to have a strong, disciplined, and well-entrenched political party (BJP) and and even stronger social service/ideological organization (RSS). However these organizations cannot be expected to promote Hindoo dharma beyond a point - at best they can facilitate.

What is missing is the third corner of this virtuous triangle, i.e. organized religion. The days of shrugging off this issues with a "Hindooism is fundamentally a broad set of diverse beliefs" reply, need to GET OVER REALLY FAST. The thousands of mahants/sanyasis/gurus et al need to get their house in order. No matter what their sects and differences of belief, get together and have a "common minimum program":

- Educate Hindoos on the coming challenges
- Bring in regular financial and in-kind support from their adherents
- Consolidate Hindoos into a single voting block that demands enforcement of Hindoo-oriented policies
- Planned and coordinated ghar vapasi/reconversion/whatever you want to call it, backed by physical security in case "peace" and "love" overflow

BJP and RSS cannot do this. It is not their job fundamentally. Modi has done this to an extent by the "Vikas" message and should keep doing so. But some challenges just cannot be met without organized and purposeful dharma.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

We need a huge institution like ISCKON to unite all Hindus in India -- it is a copy of the church.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Hearing shocking news of TMC's Muslim goons terrorizing Hindu residents in Howrah.

More shocking news from a friend's friend who was a polling official this time: Here is his appeal. (Translating)

" Sir, please ask Dilip-da (Dilip Ghosh) to approach the SC for a recount. I was at the counting center and PK's money has been used to fudge the counting data. This is horrendous. If a proper second counting is ordered then there is no way TMC can cross 150 seats. I have seen this happening
during LF rule also, but they couldn't continue it in 2011.....I am about to retire by the end of this year, and my pension papers are to be approved by the state government (so please don't make my name public)"

I have the above gent's full name.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Time to put WB under President's rule was in 2018-19 and not now when BJP has been trounced comprehensively in the elections and the central govt has its hands full with a pandemic and a collapsed healthcare infrastructure. Everything in this world goes through a natural evolution, WB too will see TMC weaken just the way CPI and INC were in the last few years. Who could have predicted the all powerful communist party which held power in WB until 2011 will be reduced to a bit player in just 10 yrs. The no.1 task for RSS and BJP in WB is to hold onto the good , strong leaders in its fold . There will be mass defection to TMC, and Mamata Bano will not be content until she's poached the last remaining MLA from BJP. If BJP can stop that then they will continue their march into TMC territory bit by bit and inch by inch. TMC were reduced from 60 seats in 2001 to just 29 seats in 2006 but came to power in 2011. Never give up in politics or in life.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

I see that the gentleman has also appealed via FB.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Kati wrote:Hearing shocking news of TMC's Muslim goons terrorizing Hindu residents in Howrah.

More shocking news from a friend's friend who was a polling official this time: Here is his appeal. (Translating)

" Sir, please ask Dilip-da (Dilip Ghosh) to approach the SC for a recount. I was at the counting center and PK's money has been used to fudge the counting data. This is horrendous. If a proper second counting is ordered then there is no way TMC can cross 150 seats. I have seen this happening
during LF rule also, but they couldn't continue it in 2011.....I am about to retire by the end of this year, and my pension papers are to be approved by the state government (so please don't make my name public)"

I have the above gent's full name.
If that's the case then CISF and BJP polling agents must be hand in glove with ECI officials and TMC. Most seats lost by BJP are at a margin >10k to 20k votes, so not sure how true the fudging of vote counts would have contributed to such a huge loss in multiple seats.
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

sanjayc wrote:We need a huge institution like ISCKON to unite all Hindus in India -- it is a copy of the church.
Agree on the need to unite but I do not think this idea will work. The basis of Hinduism is not to follow one book, edict or worship one God as the Abrahamics do. To try and force it to be something it is not may not be the solution. To label someone that worships a different deity as a lesser Hindu may have the opposite effect entirely. It can potentially work as a political interpretation of Hinduism but not a religious or social interpretation.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Went through the ECI site. In almost all cases in Bengal, where the winner was TMC, the runner up was BJP. I don't think this is an insignificant observation.
Shameek wrote:To label someone that worships a different deity as a lesser Hindu may have the opposite effect entirely. It can potentially work as a political interpretation of Hinduism but not a religious or social interpretation.
Sorry, but this is a clueless statement. That's not what one is talking about when one says "unite Hinduism." You are playing by the Abrahamic playbook, where the only way to "unite" a religion is to declare the "top God" or "approved book" and all others as "lesser Gods" or "lesser books." There is a way to unite all Dharmic frameworks (not just Hinduism, but Jainism, Buddhism, and Sikhism as well) under a common umbrella, as we went through a couple of years ago.
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

^^ I think we are saying the same thing. :) My comment was to the statement above saying we should make a copy of the church.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Shameek wrote:^^ I think we are saying the same thing. :) My comment was to the statement above saying we should make a copy of the church.
Apologies, I reread your post, and got what you were saying.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

AS underestimated PK's strategies.

Pk's money (originated from TMC) greased the palms of carefully selected polling officials.
Reaction from close people in the Uttarpara constituency is an utter shock. How can the Tollywood guy (Kanchan Mallick of Janata Express)
pull if off against Prabir Ghosal, a two time MLA (earlier with TMC) is a mystery.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

^^^If the same were the case with BIF gangs, they would have been crying and shouting at top of their voice demanding recount. Don't care about the veracity of the statement but a recount must be done by BJP. Even if there is 1% suspicion, the recount should be done.
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

ANI - BJP will hold a nationwide dharna on 5th May against the widespread violence unleashed by TMC workers post the election results. This protest will be held following all COVID protocols across all organisational mandals of the party: BJP
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

In WB nearly 100 seats were decided with less than 1000 votes difference
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

VKumar wrote:In WB nearly 100 seats were decided with less than 1000 votes difference
Please name them, along with your source.

I trawled through the ECI website, I think they should have updated everything by now. For WB, I counted 7 (seven) seats out of 292, which were decided by <1000 votes. That's a very far cry from 100.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Kati wrote:AS underestimated PK's strategies.

Pk's money (originated from TMC) greased the palms of carefully selected polling officials.
Reaction from close people in the Uttarpara constituency is an utter shock. How can the Tollywood guy (Kanchan Mallick of Janata Express)
pull if off against Prabir Ghosal, a two time MLA (earlier with TMC) is a mystery.
This would also explain PK's pious-sounding "I will leave this space and do other things in life" drama.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

shravanp wrote:Why is SC always mouthing off platitudes? If they are so concerned with democracy's 'vitals', let have them enact NJAC.

Of course not. It's SC that gives long bhashan instead of sticking to giving judgement based on laws. It's always stretching the law to suit their anti-national petioners.
SC can always find ways to bend the law.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

KL Dubey wrote:
Kati wrote:AS underestimated PK's strategies.

pull if off against Prabir Ghosal, a two-time MLA (earlier with TMC) is a mystery.
This would also explain PK's pious-sounding "I will leave this space and do other things in life" drama.
Sau chohe kha kar biulli Haj par gayi!
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Shameek wrote:
sanjayc wrote:We need a huge institution like ISCKON to unite all Hindus in India -- it is a copy of the church.
Agree on the need to unite but I do not think this idea will work. The basis of Hinduism is not to follow one book, edict or worship one God as the Abrahamics do. To try and force it to be something it is not may not be the solution. To label someone that worships a different deity as a lesser Hindu may have the opposite effect entirely. It can potentially work as a political interpretation of Hinduism but not a religious or social interpretation.
You are both wasting time arguing on BS.

ISKCON itself is a sect. One needs to have a new umbrella organization (maybe an empowered VHP) that coordinates it.

And this whole stupid idea of "The basis of Hinduism is not to follow one book, edict or worship one God as the Abrahamics do. To try and force it to be something it is not may not be the solution." Nobody is asking Hindoos to start following "one god". Just get together for a common goal, dammit.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

kvraghav wrote:Did IPS Annamalai win in TN?
BJP going to 37% vote share in WB is a achievement. As a national party, they have more time. The time is to concentrate more on reforms now.
First thing is to Sack Nirmala madam. I personally feel she does as her policy makers and bureaucrats say and hence they are running in circles around her pushing their own agenda with zero accountability. All accountability is with the PM.
Another is to open minimum 200 hospitals with 200 MBBS seats each. One new hospital per Zilla is a must. Flood the market with doctors. The situation was same with IT seats but now there is no demand for them. Bring MBBS seats on similar lines.
Lastly, if they have to have some hope in KA, they have to sack yedyurappa and bring back some old guard. There were core BJP leaders like R Ashok who are sidelined for the new over the head generations. An Incompetent Home minister who is unable to control bangalore police is causing the corona spike since the police are unable to enforce the anti black marketeering of drugs and hospital seats and busy collecting money at the expense of govt good will.
The health sector is in for comprehensive changes.
As for Karnataka, you touch BSY you will return to the Siddaramiah rule.
So be careful of what you wish.
Many folks take pot shots and lose the milk in the pot.
Karnataka is six different elections due to regional differences.
As for FM it won't happen for she is doing what is needed.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

BJP president JP Nadda on two-day trip to Bengal amid violence
The BJP said on Monday that its president JP Nadda will be on a two-day trip to West Bengal in view of the post-poll violence that broke out in the state. Nadda will be visiting the families of those affected by the violence, it said.

"BJP National President Shri JP Nadda will be visiting West Bengal on 4-5 May, in view of the wide spread post results retributive violence unleashed on BJP workers and supporters by criminal elements in the TMC cadre," the BJP tweeted.

"He will be visiting families of the affected karyakartas," it added.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

In West Bengal, a lot of the TMC Cadre has common roots in the communists. In the last 10 years the communists have been trying to up their ante but have met more than their match in the TMC cadre which is more vicious. Some of you might know of the strong Maoist ingest. Add to it the radical Islamists and the TMC cadre is one of the craziest amongst the leftist groups.

People are excited about Sitaram Yechury speaking up about violence in Bengal. They are doing this with a dual purpose - demonstrate how they speak up against violence against their cadre and an attempt to cannibalize the BJPs cadre which is target.

This is why it is critical that BJP protects its cadre. The Karyakartas are capable of doing so. Please do not stymie them.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Kakkaji wrote:BJP president JP Nadda on two-day trip to Bengal amid violence
The BJP said on Monday that its president JP Nadda will be on a two-day trip to West Bengal in view of the post-poll violence that broke out in the state. Nadda will be visiting the families of those affected by the violence, it said.

"BJP National President Shri JP Nadda will be visiting West Bengal on 4-5 May, in view of the wide spread post results retributive violence unleashed on BJP workers and supporters by criminal elements in the TMC cadre," the BJP tweeted.

"He will be visiting families of the affected karyakartas," it added.
Good. This is exactly what we want to see. The battle maybe lost but the war has just begun. I see no problems in BJP making a tactical alliance with CPI-M if it means the eventual destruction of TMC in WB.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

Good to see BJP leadership going to meet the affected karyakartas families. They need to be given financial assistance, security and any other needed support. In the long run give them also the ability to defend themselves.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

TWITTER:

@bhArtenduH:

In 1946 elections, the Hindu electorate of Noakhali, a town that had suffered much in the Direct Action pogrom, still voted for Congress candidate Haran Chandra Ghosh, defeating the Hindu Mahasabha leader Nalini Ranjan Mitra.

Noakhali bathed in blood next year too.

Just Saying.

https://twitter.com/bhAratenduH/status/ ... 89250?s=19

@daeroplate_v2 :

post election Ashwamedha in bengal is to ensure bjp org is broken, its cadres never again dare to challenge & its silent backers cowed down seeing impotence of center to impose rule of law. spot of deft religious cleansing too on the side. From 70 seats will be 0
next time

Similar to how 1st echelon german/red army units would move out post victory -keep hands clean.. then garrison 3rd echelon units, militias, ss eisantzgruppen would arrive to do the rape/burn/plunder thing.

https://twitter.com/daeroplate_v2/statu ... 63394?s=19
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

I have heard anywhere from 6 to 40 BJP workers killed in the last 24 hrs. If this does not merit immediate dismissal of the state govt then what does ? What will Mamata Banerjee do that she isnt doing already ?
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Ambar wrote:I have heard anywhere from 6 to 40 BJP workers killed in the last 24 hrs. If this does not merit immediate dismissal of the state govt then what does ?
I don't think BJP will even think of dismissing any state government, especially in WB. They are really $hit-scared of the backlash which will be unleashed by main stream media. To be frank, even the visiting of BJP central leadership (after losing elections) is a big deal. And if Mamta really wants even JP Nadda's entourage can be attacked, which I think had happened earlier.

May be it is all the negative news, but this I really feel that Modi's (and BJP) popularity is slowing fading. Both of them seems to be on a permenant "election rally mode". With COVID Wave 2 getting more serious at least there has to be more visibility of N.Modi as a Prime Minister of India, rather than an election campaigner. Frequent presence in National TV, explaining strategies with perhaps a panel of experts (in medical, supply chain mgmt etc.) is now required.