2021 Five State Elections

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Five State Elections

Post by arshyam »

Big day today. All 4 states and the UT go to the polls today, and with the exception of WB, will wrap up their elections today.
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

ramana wrote:Yes. Its actually 2 more are 50:50 chances.
Excellent. If they get Nadigram too, that would really make the day for BJP :D
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

asbchakri wrote:
Excellent. If they get Nadigram too, that would really make the day for BJP :D
khela hobe ?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

:mrgreen:
srikandan
BRFite

Post by srikandan »

https://indianexpress.com/elections/pol ... d-7260828/

TMC bribing/intimidating polling officials even with all the bandobust

won't let polls stop halfway

Mamata making noises that the center will stop the polls halfway, which would be to her benefit.

she must know something that the EC and the rest of the planet does not -- she is planning something diabolical before the end of the 8 phases.
Nalla Baalu
BRFite

Post by Nalla Baalu »

won't let polls stop halfway

Mamata making noises that the center will stop the polls halfway, which would be to her benefit.

she must know something that the EC and the rest of the planet does not -- she is planning something diabolical before the end of the 8 phases.
One must put conspiracy theorist hat on to anticipate their next moves. Is the use of term 'dangabaazi' a portent of things to come? Freudian slip?
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

GoI must seriously prepare for rioting in WB. Equipment, pellet guns, rubber bullets, lead bullets and critically, clear RoE, whatever it takes.

Enough dry runs (e.g., Delhi 2020, Bhainsa 2021) have happened already in various places in the country. The cottage industry that can manufacture riots on demand ('Dial-a-riot') is a mere phone call away.

Only.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Rishi Bagree Flag of India @rishibagree

Mamata Didi appealed to woman voters in villages to Chase outsiders away with ‘hata-khunti’ .

Women voters heeded her advice and chased away TMC polling-agent Babar Ali Khan in Arambag out of the booth with ‘hata, khunti’
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Sri Shafiqul Islam (editor of Arambagh TV) is blowing another lid off..... Exposing another TMC perfidy.

Here, the South 24 Parganas TMC president Subhashis Chakraborty, who also happens to be Rajya Sabha TMC MP, has been caught in video instructing his party workers - "If left vote increases then no problem, but in these three booths no Hindu should be allowed to cast his/her vote...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWnP5LrtKO0

(in Bengali)
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Rishi Bagree Flag of India @rishibagree

Mamata Didi appealed to woman voters in villages to Chase outsiders away with ‘hata-khunti’ .

Women voters heeded her advice and chased away TMC polling-agent Babar Ali Khan in Arambag out of the booth with ‘hata, khunti’
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Now that polls have closed, what was the turnout and sentiments in TN, Kerala?
Bengal Phase 3, BJP expected 18/31.
In 2016 TMC got 29/31 here.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Mixed signals from Kerala. There is definitely polarisation of 'secular' votes and cross voting against BJP. I was expecting 0-3 seats for NDA but the dip in voting percentage is slightly confusing.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

ramana wrote:Now that polls have closed, what was the turnout and sentiments in TN, Kerala?
Bengal Phase 3, BJP expected 18/31.
In 2016 TMC got 29/31 here.
any news on Assam?
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

It seems to have gone without incident in Assam. Polling percentage just above 80% IIRC (saw a headline on TV).

TN was around 69%, provisionally. Final figures awaited.

KL 74%, Puduchery just above 80%.

Not sure about WB.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Bengal it is 18/31 (now numbers are not as good as phase 4). This was supposedly tough phase for BJP
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

fanne wrote:Bengal it is 18/31 (now numbers are not as good as phase 4). This was supposedly tough phase for BJP
where are you guys getting these numbers from?

any idea on TN and Assam?
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Polling for 40 seats in the third and final phase of Assam Assembly elections ended on Tuesday with a voter turnout of 82.33 per cent recorded as of 8 pm, according to the Election Commission of India.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

What's the situation in Tamil Nadu? Who is coming? DMK or AIADMK?
uskumar
BRFite

Post by uskumar »

I will be very surprised if dmk doesn't win absolute majority. TN always throughs up one sided contest. from my limited info I can see youth and lot of first time voters voting for dmk just to see change, after all aiadmk has been ruling the state for last 10 years.
SivaR
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SivaR »

The music album 'Enjoy Enjaami' released on March first week hitting 100 Million views is indication of the DMK wave. The eastern and southern TN both agrarian is consolidating to DMK. Western TN(industrious) , which the successive governments always takes for granted but EPS (who is from West) focussed for last few years is not conducive to East and South TN.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

siva509 wrote:The music album 'Enjoy Enjaami' released on March first week hitting 100 Million views is indication of the DMK wave. The eastern and southern TN both agrarian is consolidating to DMK. Western TN(industrious) , which the successive governments always takes for granted but EPS (who is from West) focussed for last few years is not conducive to East and South TN.
Sad
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

fanne wrote:Bengal it is 18/31 (now numbers are not as good as phase 4). This was supposedly tough phase for BJP
So in 3 phases BJP expecting 74/91. Can anyone estimate how it will fare in the other phases based on ground realities and last LS elections results or we need to wait for voter turnout %

?- I know total is 56 not sure about each phase

Phases Dates Seats Expecting
--------------------------------------------------------
Phase 1 March 27 --- 30 --- 28 ?
Phase 2 April 1 --- 30 --- 28 ?
Phase 3 April 6 --- 31 --- 18
Phase 4 April 10 --- 44
Phase 5 April 17 --- 45
Phase 6 April 22 --- 43
Phase 7 April 26 --- 36
Phase 8 April 29 --- 35
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

TN Voting % is 71.79. It was 74% in 2016. Not a bad turnout, considering Corona. I would be surprised with anything other than a DMK sweep.

I'd like to draw parallels between the TN 1967 elections (back then called Madras Legislative Assembly) and what's been happening in TN since Jaya's death. 1967 was the year when DMK came to power, the year when Dravidian politics became mainstream & when Congress died in TN

1) Leadership: whenever there has been a loss of a strong leader, the ruling party has lost. In I1967, after Kamaraj had stepped down, there was an uncharismatic Bhaktavatsalam. In 1989, after MGR died, there was a split between Jaya & Janaki factions. Now the same situation transpired due to Jaya's death (Sasikala, EPS & OPS)
2) North Indian tag: now, as back then, DMK played the anti-North-Indian tag. In 1967, it was Hindi imposition. Now, its "AIADMK controlled by North Indian BJP"
3) Agitations: in 1967, there were repeated agitations due to rice-shortage, inflation & anti-Hindi. The last 5 years, its been about Jallikattu, Sterlite, Salem highway etc. Constant hammering of the message that the State Govt is in control of the Central North Indian Govt, which is anti-Tamil. Agitations keep the narrative fresh in people's minds
4) Cinema & media: DMK has always been strong in this area. In 1967, it piggybacked on MGR's charisma and politically-loaded movies/songs. Its been the same trend in the last 5 years, with the addition of social media. The recent ad-media blitz is part of the same plan.
5) Anti-Brahminism: this has been a staple of DMK politics since its very beginning. This wasn't a factor in 1967 (because Kamaraj's ascension helped removed the Brahmin-party tag from the Congress). But the DMK made it into a factor in the last 5 years using the formula: RSS=Brahmin=puppet-masters

The more I see it, the more I am convinced that the DMK has only 1 template that I listed above. It smelled blood when Jaya died. They dusted off their 1967 template and adopted it with today's tools.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

asbchakri wrote:
So in 3 phases BJP expecting 74/91. Can anyone estimate how it will fare in the other phases based on ground realities and last LS elections results or we need to wait for voter turnout %

Phase 4 April 10 --- 44
Phase 5 April 17 --- 45
Phase 6 April 22 --- 43
Phase 7 April 26 --- 36
Phase 8 April 29 --- 35
Call me hyper superstitious if you will but I am worried about the high turnout in Corona times. If someone could corroborate this with first hand information it would be good. Else I would look at this as an indicator of vote rigging. Something TMC has the wherewithal to pull off
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

COVID not stopping people from voting. Central police and EVMs stop mass rigging as before. It takes lot of time to rig hundreds of votes in any polling booth and they will not such a time in most of the cases. There is a tight fight by all accounts.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
asbchakri wrote:

Phase 4 April 10 --- 44
Phase 5 April 17 --- 45
Phase 6 April 22 --- 43
Phase 7 April 26 --- 36
Phase 8 April 29 --- 35
Call me hyper superstitious if you will but I am worried about the high turnout in Corona times. If someone could corroborate this with first hand information it would be good. Else I would look at this as an indicator of vote rigging. Something TMC has the wherewithal to pull off
Understandable, sounds almost too good to be true. Dare we dare to dream again in WB?

However, if you listen to the reporting of balanced and neutral (but dharmic) journalists, it seems that TMC is having a hard time. Even in the phase 3 voting where it was in their stronghold areas, the attrition caused by Cong, CPI and ISF will cost them and favor the BJP. At least that is the conclusion of Dhirendra Pundir in his discussion with Sanjay Dixit on the JD channel. His report on the earlier phases of voting is also very interesting. worth watching the whole thing, IMHO.

Here is the latest discussion:

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

India's inclusive electoral process.

A mother leaves her daughter in the safe hands of a central forces soldier while she has gone to exercise her right to vote.

Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

asbchakri wrote:

Phase 4 April 10 --- 44
Phase 5 April 17 --- 45
Phase 6 April 22 --- 43
Phase 7 April 26 --- 36
Phase 8 April 29 --- 35
Mumtaaz Banoo is finding her going getting tough. If the South Bengal is becoming such a tough battle for her then the North Bengal will be her Waterloo. BJP is much stronger in North Bengal, and has a much better backing of local RSS network.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Though in Assam Sonowal is predicting a 100+ outcome, it is too much optimistic, perhaps to keep the party workers in a good spirit.
In reality, due to INC+ AIUDF alliance it will not be an easy victory for BJP. A more realistic figure is 75+.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

^^Whatever it is, a win is a win. 64 in AS and 148 in WB are all that is needed.

I am expecting wins in WB, AS, and PD.

If NDA manages to scrape through in TN and gets a few seats in KL, dat's icing on da cayke.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

And Puducherry.
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

Amit Shah predicts 65-68 seats after Phase 3 in WB.

-Ankit
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Ankit Desai wrote:Amit Shah predicts 65-68 seats after Phase 3 in WB.

-Ankit
In a major development - in North Dinajpur district (of WB), half of top TMC leadership defected to BJP.
By the way, BJP is much stronger in North Bengal.
The word of mouth in the border districts is that "Hindus don't want to be refugees again in their homeland".
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

Kati wrote: .....
In a major development - in North Dinajpur district (of WB), half of top TMC leadership defected to BJP.
By the way, BJP is much stronger in North Bengal.
The word of mouth in the border districts is that "Hindus don't want to be refugees again in their homeland".
I think much depend on how many votes ISF & congress + left coalition eat in as well Hindu vote consolidation.

-Ankit
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Primus wrote:
Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
Understandable, sounds almost too good to be true. Dare we dare to dream again in WB?

However.......
Sirji you expressed my feelings exactly.

So in honor of that ( BTW where is Dilbuji?)

BJP will lose only :(( :((
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Primus, Haridas made a map of Bengal showing phases and number if seats in each phase. He overlayed on 2019 election results.
It shows the hardest for BJP was 3rd phase and they expect 18/31.

After that it will be 8th phase.
Rest 4,5,6,& 7are BJP areas.

Will post the tweet.

https://twitter.com/HaridasKukkur/statu ... 35809?s=19

BTW my support for Bengal is my respect for late RayC.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

And Primus et al:

https://twitter.com/ramana_brf/status/1 ... 24897?s=19

Let's await 2 May 2021.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Jaipur Dialogues did a program on the 3rd stage on WB. They predict the BJP did quite well in this supposed TMC stronghold. People were voting without fear, and BJP gave it back as hard as they are getting from TMC, even in these areas.