Kaushal Vepa is no more. Om Shanti

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.

Kaushal Vepa is no more. Om Shanti

I am deeply saddened that Kaushal Vepa our esteemed member has left for heavenly abode on 15th October 2021.

My message to his family.
Dear Kaushal's family,
Vxx and I are heartbroken to learn that Kosal has left us. Please accept our heartfelt condolences from all four of us, Ramana and family.

Kaushal as he was known to us in the Bharat Rakshak Community was a seer and valued as a deep thinker of India, strategy, and history. He was a prolific contributor on all these subjects. He was a valued member of Bharat-Rakshak Forum, India Forum, and created the Indic Studies website. He is a published author on the subject of the Bharatiya Renaissance. In fact, many in the Indian establishment used to keenly follow his thoughts.

He was a pioneer in organizing the International Conference on Indian History in Jan 2009 in the heart of Lutyens Delhi where he brought together like-minded people to bring forward the case for the Indian renaissance.

He was an erudite scholar and studied the subjects deeply. People still are enthralled with his presentation on the Indian calendar and astronomy. We were fortunate that he visited us in Morgan Hill.
We learned from him to think big and carry on with the task of restoring India to its historical greatness.

We will miss him a lot but will be guided by his thinking. Again our heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Respectfully,
Ramana....

A few web links:
India Research Foundation

Kaushal's talk in 2006:
http://www.indiaresearch.org/IRF_PResentation.pdf
DrRatnadip

Re: Kaushal Vepa is no more. Om Shanti

Post by DrRatnadip »

RIP.. Om shanti..

Om Shantih

Early days of the forum. Om shanthi. He was a prolific contributor in the early days. One of the forum mods also passed away.

Condolences.
Vinu

Post by Vinu »

Om Shanthi

Om Shanthi and deepest condolences to his family. I was someone who grew to learn a lot from his posts and points of view. Many of us were steeped in thinking a certain way and his posts made us confront our conclusions and reevaluate our positions on many topics especially history.
titash

Post by titash »

Om Shanti. Sincere condolences to all his family and the BR community.

Condolences to Kaushal's family. Om Shanti to this much admired bearer of Dharma and its land, who inspired many.
sampat

Post by sampat »

Om Shanti
krithivas

Post by krithivas »

_/\_ Aum Shanthi _/\_

Om Shanti… he was a true stalwart. Used to follow his posts a lot.
Vamsee

Post by Vamsee »

Om Shanti.
Maria

Post by Maria »

I remember him from the late 90s. Om Shanti.

Always liked his posts on BR in the late 90s, early 2000s.

Om Shaanti.

Extremely sad to see a veteran of BRF gone. I was young and still not married when started on BRF. He was a very active Indic writer of those days. Those were the days we hardly has any blogs to read. Even news portals are fewer. BRF was the only addiction to read about India and Indic stuff.

Still can't beleive time has gone this fast.

Remember and greatly valued his posts. Om Shanti.

I am shocked. Sad to see a veteran BRF member pass away. Om Shanti.

I remember his posts from the early days.
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Very very sad to know Dr. Kaushal Vepa garu has left us.

He was instrumental in my education on indic centric religion, geo politics. A truly well read and erudite scholar.

I had good fortune to meet him so many times. Wonderful family he had. So many times last 2 years I had yearning to pay him a visit to express my gratitude.

Bagwaan unki aatma ko sadgati devay.

On BR forum he was "THE" great stalwart from 1997 to 2007 under tha monikor "Kaushal". Although he was suffering from progressive effect of Parkinson desiese he was sharp and carried on to serve Bharatiya Renaissance... he built a good big library of Indic specific books. We did couple of BR meetings at his home in Pleasenton, CA.

I thank Bhagwaan Sri Krishna for giving me chance to learn from him to prepare to serve Bharat varsha.

May Bhagwaan keep him close in His service in Vaikuntha.
ramdas

Post by ramdas »

Om Shanti. Bhagwan unki atma ko sadgati pradan karey...I too remember his posts from the late 90s/early 2000s when I was just a lurker here

Deeply saddened by the news of Kaushal garu's passing away.

Pranams and shraddhanjali to dear departed guru at BRF. On Shanti, om sadgati.

vsunder wrote:Early days of the forum. Om shanthi. He was a prolific contributor in the early days. One of the forum mods also passed away.
Who else passed away?! :-? :(

Condolences. He was truly an unparalleled scholar _/\_

Sad news. Is he the same person who came to a BRF meet somewhere in Delhi in 2008-09? Rohit Vats had made arrangements in some cafe in south Delhi.

Cyrano,
Brig RayC

15th October, meaning last day of Navaratri, or on Vijayadashami?

I remember interacting with him, until he stopped coming to BRF.

Om Shanti.

Om Shanti to a great Soul!! I had spoken to him few times (last in 2009) and interacted many times at BRF and India Forum. He was instrumental in opening our eyes to all that was going wrong with history (among many more things) and guiding us towards the right path (He was the sootradhaar of AIT and OIT and many books by BRF authors). May God provide him with Satgati!!

Hari OM Shanti Shanti!
Sanjiv

Post by Sanjiv »

My heart felt condolences I remember him from the early days of BRF

Deeply saddened. Om Shanti

Om shanti! I attended a couple of BRF meetings with him bay area and also travelled with him in a flight ✈️ from Hongkong to SFO.

Will always remember him.

Deeply, deeply saddened.

Shri Kaushal was truly an inspiration and a touchstone. Phenomenally knowledgeable who opened the eyes of so many of us.

Om Shanthi.

I remember the poster "Kaushal" (Kosla) from the very early days of BRF when I was a graduate student. He was indeed a pioneer in connecting the study of Bharat's past to its future in a strategic way.

Idam na mama. Om tat sat.
amitverma

Post by amitverma »

Om Shanti...
Raja Ram

Post by Raja Ram »

A great maanasika guru of mine! Kosal garu was a great son of Bharat and his prolific work in the early years of BRF shaped my thoughts. His scholarship and thinking was highly evolved yet he could patiently communicate and present his POV with such clarity in simple language.

One can never forget his first Conference on Samskritam and History in samskritam. He called me and spoke to me on phone. Unfortunately I could not attend it.

Had long email conversations and was guided by him on many topics of mutual interest. A great son of Maa Bharati has left this world for his place in the heavens.

I pray to Mahadeva to grant his atma sadgati and strength and solace to his family members. Om Shanthi!

Ramana please convey my pranaams and condolences to his family! Thank you

OM Shanti Shanti Shanti
shravanp

Post by shravanp »

Om Shanti to great soul. I wasn't fortunate enough to meet these great souls, all I have learned and understood the core Indic values are from the present BRF veterans, and I can only imagine that if these very great men are saddened by the loss of Kaushalji, it can only be a very serious loss to all of us.

He was someone whose posts were always educational.

OM Shanti.

shravanp wrote:Om Shanti to great soul. I wasn't fortunate enough to meet these great souls, all I have learned and understood the core Indic values are from the present BRF veterans, and I can only imagine that if these very great men are saddened by the loss of Kaushalji, it can only be a very serious loss to all of us.
One can still be touched by Kaushal (Kosla) ji, as (I think) his posts are still available in BR archive folders.

To start with see this talk that he presented on the launch of the non-profit "India Research Foundation" he was the founding president of IRF, later I took over that position.