Kaushal Vepa is no more. Om Shanti

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
mappunni
BRFite

Re: Kaushal Vepa is no more. Om Shanti

Post by mappunni »

Om Shanthi. Sadgathi!!
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Om trayambakam yajamahe
Sugandhim pushti vardhanam
Urvaurukamiva bandhanat
Mrityurmukshiya mamtritaat

OM Shanti
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

For example see this post of June 1999 (kargil war)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=277&p=28589#p28595
Ladakhi, who are a close cousin of the Tibetans. Many Indians have a strange notion that everybody with Mongoloid racial features is not part of India. In fact 20 to 30% of India carries Mongoloid racial stock. If you read a history of Tibet the connections with India starting with Padmasambhava were extensive and their script is based on Devanagari. There is more cultural affinity between Tibet and India than there is between Tibet and China. I am not suggesting that Tibet should be a part of India, simply that there is very little reason that they should part of China. The acquiescence of the Chinese conquest of Tibet was another great Himalayan blunder by the great Indian liberal globalist by the name of Jawaharlal Nehru. Of course one can be a globalist without being gullible.<BR>Kaushal
It took me to learn this from Baltistan guy when we did a hosting on behalf of Indica just last year. But Kaushal ji was like encyclopedia of Indic studies those days before the explosion of blogs and social media. It is really passing of an era in Internet forums.
Rajesh_MR
BRFite

Post by Rajesh_MR »

Om Shanthi

I remember meeting him couple of Bay Area BR meeting 2003-04. Very knowledgeable
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Sad to hear this news! I met him in person for first and last time at a BR meetup in South Bay Area in 2008. I remember him mentioning that he found a lot of ancient manuscripts in Bhopal/Indore and Trivandrum because those areas had some protection from British plunder of our age-old manuscripts. I stuck up a conversation with him and asked if I can be of any help since I know some folks at the manuscript archive in Trivandrum, but felt sad when he mentioned of his health issues, how it is affecting him etc at that time.

Atma Shanthi
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Very sad to hear this news. Kaushal was a very knowledgeable poster many years back and I thought he was relatively young at the time some 20+ years ago. How old was he?
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

May parmatma give eternal peace and place to the departed soul.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Om shanti. Very sad to hear. Worked closely with him in 2008 for the conference on Indian History organized by him at Delhi's India International Center. I contributed my bit by arranging media publicity for the event. Have fond memories of him.
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

Mort Walker wrote:Very sad to hear this news. Kaushal was a very knowledgeable poster many years back and I thought he was relatively young at the time some 20+ years ago. How old was he?
Imho Dr Kaushal Vepa retired from IBM in early 1990s.

He lived a very full life, even if one considers at only the time when he was prolifically teaching us in BR Forums.

Lighting up the Indic flame from one person to another.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^That would put him at least in the late 80s to early 90s in age. His writing and enthusiasm seemed more in line with a person in their mid to late 30s. May he attain Moksh.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

I remember him telling me about Khruschev's visit to IBM STD in San Jose in the 1960s.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Om Shanti
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

Om Shanti. May Paramatma grant Sadgati.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti......
My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

Om Shanti!
A great pioneer and contributor to the Indic cause - may his work kindle many more flames ...!!
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

Kaushalji was a great soul. IISc Alumnus.

Om Shanti
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Kaushal will be missed. I remember Kaushal from 2007 when he helped my dad make a presentation of his then soon-to-be-published book - Ancient Indian Dynasties - at conferences in Dallas and New Delhi. A gentleman and a scholar.

May his soul attain Moksha.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Om Shanti!
Sadgati
Met him in R.K. Puram Delhi during Delhi meet in 2012 IIRC
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Om Shanti. I'm among those who got to meet him in some Bay Area BR meetings in the mid 2000s. A legend in our circles even back then.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Going to Bharat at last this Thu 21Oct, tickets booked today.

Planning to stay in Hyd for a month. Will be great to have a BR meet in Hyd and meet any BRFites who are (or can be) in Hyd. Heck we can have a full blown conclave and party if there are lots of participants.

All Mods, Admins, Webmasters, Oldies, members, newbies, saars, jis, garus and gurus are welcome !

Kaushal garu and Ray sahib's passing only reminds us how invaluable meeting fellow BRFites in real life is.

Please do let me know.
Bharath.Subramanyam
BRFite

Post by Bharath.Subramanyam »

Ramana ji : His family was telling me that they are planning a memorial service / puja on Wednesday for Dr Vepa . What is the right way to communicate the zoom meeting details to people who are interested in attending ?
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

^^^ On similar line let us connect together.
I will be in Bharat in Feb.
Anyone in Delhi or Calcutta to get to see face to face?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Bharath.Subramanyam wrote:Ramana ji : His family was telling me that they are planning a memorial service / puja on Wednesday for Dr Vepa . What is the right way to communicate the zoom meeting details to people who are interested in attending ?

Ask people to send email to you and distribute the link
We don't have GDF now to put there.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Om Shanti and Sadgati for Kaushal Vepa Garu.

BRF is going through a generational change

RayC ' Sar
Kaushal Vepa

And the above stalwarts blazed a path for us and hopefully for future generations.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Paul wrote:I remember him telling me about Khruschev's visit to IBM STD in San Jose in the 1960s.
It will be great to remember Kaushal'ji. Would you (and others) be able to re-tell Kaushal'jis anecdotes?
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Om Shanti. Condolences to family. May his atma attain moksha!
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Om Sadgati. Om Shanti to Atma of Shri Vepa Kaushal Garu.

Kaushal Garu was a Guru and knowledge of the truth for many people in Bay Area apart from BRF.
Haridas wrote: To start with see this talk that he presented on the launch of the non-profit "India Research Foundation" he was the founding president of IRF, later I took over that position.
Haridas, I did the recording of his presentation of the above. If you want I can fetch DVD and upload it for access.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Aum Shanti.

The entire ecosystem of websites, forums, youtube channels, and social-media networks that Hindus and Indian Nationalists have at our disposal today, began at the dawn of the internet age through the dedicated efforts of a few titans. Kosla Vepa was one of those titans.

For everything positive that has happened in our movement since the late 1990s-- at least in the realm of discourse and information management-- we are, to some degree, indebted to them.
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

ShyamSP wrote:Om Sadgati. Om Shanti to Atma of Shri Vepa Kaushal Garu.

Kaushal Garu was a Guru and knowledge of the truth for many people in Bay Area apart from BRF.
Haridas wrote: To start with see this talk that he presented on the launch of the non-profit "India Research Foundation" he was the founding president of IRF, later I took over that position.
Haridas, I did the recording of his presentation of the above. If you want I can fetch DVD and upload it for access.
Yes please do.

Kaushal garu's "Antim Sanskar" is tomorrow at 1:00 PM, Livermore, California

I will share some photos later of Kaushal Garu
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

Namo namah to the great Bharat-putra

See twitter thread here:

https://twitter.com/HaridasKukkur/statu ... 63684?s=20
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Above was the kick off of India Research Foundation and its inaugural lecture by Dr Kaushal Vepa titled South Asia File.

I linked the pdf above.
Ramana
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

@Rudradev
Saar I plagiarized your and Ramana's words in the twitter post, all for a good cause. :roll: :wink:
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Om Shanti Kosla Vepa ji.

Met him a long time ago.
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

Om Shanti. He was a prolific poster and opened the eyes of many lurkers like me.
Sasi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sasi »

This is very sad.
I have been coming to Bharat Rakshak regularly since 1998 and I had read just about every post of Kaushal here. There are few who showed the depth and breadth of knowledge that Kaushal had had. The entire Indic effort is poorer because of the absence of Kaushal.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

sanjayc wrote:Om shanti. Very sad to hear. Worked closely with him in 2008 for the conference on Indian History organized by him at Delhi's India International Center. I contributed my bit by arranging media publicity for the event. Have fond memories of him.

I was hoping to hear from you.
Yes Kaushal told me about the great help you did in publicity and media coverage.

We lost a great man
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^Ramana, many thanks for this thread..Although I am presently in the Bay Area on a visit but still came to know only through reading your thread.

He will be missed, but he will be remembered and his work will go on.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

My condolences. Om shanti.
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

Om Shanti Kosla Vepa ji.

We both went for a B.Raman seminar on chennai, I picked him from his Alwarpet relatives house, long time ago :((
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Om Shanti to the departed Soul. May his soul finally reach its higher destination and Prabhu give his family strength in this testing time.