Assembly Elections - 2022 & 2023

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Re: Assembly Elections - 2022

Post by Pratyush »

rsingh wrote:Question: what Raga might be going through right now? How he is facing mirror ?What Madam is thinking?one thing is clear....Surjewala"s days are numbered. A complete overhaul of leadership is needed.who is right alternative right now?
Please don't.

This is the stuff nightmares are made of.

We need the family to remain where they are.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Manish_P wrote:
rsingh wrote: Yep if you are on moon earth rise and set in opposit direction direction. Logic
Eggajctly Rsingh sa'ab.. it requires escape velocity of Jupiter level thinking...
And ju won't leave any chance to get me. It was just for non sciencs mullahs. :)
Last edited by rsingh on 11 Mar 2022 12:25, edited 2 times in total.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

If family remains where they are, aap would keep expanding.

Let's divide the urban naxals
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

ramana wrote:Is there a full text in English of PM Modiji remarks today at BJP HQ?
I wrote a script which did the translation so please pardon any mistakes. I did a check-read and added some time-stamps so things shouldn't be too far off.
Speech starts at 25:28
Bharat Mata ki..
Bharat Mata ki..
Bharat Mata ki..
Today is the day of enthusiasm, celebration. This celebration is for the Indian democracy, I congratulate the voters who participated in these elections very very much. For their decision, I express thankfulness for the voters. Especially our mothers and sisters, our youth, the way they gave ample support to BJP, it on it's own is a huge message.
(26:50) I'm also satisfied at the fact that the 1st time voters(new voters) took part increasingly in the voting and ensured the victory of BJP. During elections, BJP's workers promised me that this time Holi will start from 10 March onwards (crowd applauses).

27:34 - Our hard-working workers, by hoisting this victory flag, have kept this promise (that Holi will start from 10 March onwards). I will applause very very much every BJP worker, who without worrying about day or night, worked extremely hard for these elections. Our workers were successful in winning the hearts of "Janta Janardan", in winning the trust of "Janta Janardan". And the person, who provided leadership to the entire party, provided guidance to the party's workers, to such a national president, to Shri JP Nadda, I congratulate a lot, I greet a lot.

(28:57) Every small-time worker of party, from their immense hard-work, hit a 4 (cricket terminology) of victory (implying won 4 states) for NDA today. Friends, for India ...(illegible due to mic issue).. is the first example of re-election of a chief minister who has completed 5 years. Like Nadda-ji said, in UP after 38 years a government has been re-elected. 3 states, UP Goa and Manipur, despite being in government, BJP's vote share has increased. In Goa, every exit poll was wrong and people there gave chance to serve for the 3rd time. Despite being in power for 10 years, BJP's number of seats in the state has increased. In UK also, BJP has scripted history. For the first time in the state any party has come back to power consecutively for the 2nd time. Meaning, a mountainous-state on the border(UK), a state on the coast(Goa) and a state blessed by Maa Ganga(UP) and another state on the North-east border (Manipur), BJP has been blessed by all 4 sides.

32:15 These states have different challenges, different path to development but "trust in BJP", "BJP's policy", "BJP's intention(meaning character)", and "immense trust in BJP's decisions" is the one thing that's binding(literal translation= threading through a needle's eye) them all in a sutra. Friends, these election results in a way stamp a strong approval on BJP's pro-poor, pro-active governance. Previously people used to tire, knocking on the doors of government for their own rights. Electricity, water, gas, telephone, for very basic necessities, for very common necessities, people used to go back-n-forth from government's departments, to bribe; for some well-off people there were "different"(meaning corrupt) ways of getting services so it got done. In the country, there were a lot of declarations for the poor, even schemes were made, but the people who were the rightful recipient of those schemes, the poor whose right it(the schemes) was, for them, that they get this right, without any difficulties, for that good-governance, delivery is very important; but BJP understands this, I've worked as a CM for a long time, that's why I know how much work to do to get these services to the last man(the poor, the not so well-off)

35:06 In the past years we not only improved good-governance system, but also introduced transparency in the whole process. BJP assures every poor person that government-approved schemes will reach them definitely. And I not the person to rest without making sure that the rights of poor people reach their homes. For more than 2 decades, as head of the government, got the good fortune to serve. I know very well how many difficulties there are in government, in governance; despite that I have dared that nobody else could. And that dare, which I expressed in my speech on 15 August from Red Fort. I said that wherever BJP gets an opportunity to serve, we for every scheme's rightful-recipient "100% saturation" meaning finishing the work 100%, getting the benefit of government's schemes, this dream of 100%, for working in government in more than 2 decades, I can say that I have made something extraordinary, possible. And this I have achieved because when there is honesty, have clean intentions, have empathy towards the poor, country's well-being is the life's mantra, then you get the power to take such decisions.
We will get to each poor, will get to each poor, will get to each recipient, brother and sisters, today I give a special salute to the country's women, our daughters-sisters. In elections results, these mothers, daughters and sisters of mine, have an immense contribution. It is our good fortune that mothers daughters and sisters have given such love, such blessing, wherever women-voters casted their votes more than males, there BJP has received bumper victory. In a way our mothers-sisters, our daughters, our women-power have become the driver (saarthi = chariot driver, like Lord Krishna; is literal translations) of our victory. When i was in GJ, sometimes there were some incidents that people used to worry that what about your security Modiji? Why don't you worry, why don't you care about yourself? then the only answer I used to give was that I have been given the security shield of millions of mothers, of women-power. Friends, India's mothers, sisters-daughters are trusting BJP continuously , they have received confidence for the first time that government takes care of their smallest needs.

40:43 Friends, these election results have cleared another thing that UP's population, and I say this to every "intellectual" that for country's well-being, leave your old and worn records and try to think from a new start. It is a very sad thing for this country, I myself used to feel very sad when these "intellectual" used to measure UP's population from caste-based scale, used to see from caste-based eyes, I understand that by tying UP's population in caste-based thread, they insulted those castes, insulted those citizens, insulted entire UP. Some people demean UP by saying 'only' caste is relevant in their elections, but brothers and sisters, UP's people have shown, see 2014 results, 2017-2019 results, and are seeing in 2022 results, everytime UP's people have chosen development politics. UP's population have taught a lesson and those people have to learn this lesson, UP's poorest person, either he lives in a village in UP, either he's educated or uneducated, UP's voter has taught a lesson that caste's pride, caste's dignity should be to join the country and not to break it, and they have shown it by doing it. For 4 elections, they have shown it. Otherwise, I will also say that after 2019 election results, some political "intellectuals" said that in 2019 when we won in Lok Sabha, those intellectuals said (mockingly) that what's in this 2019 victory? this (2019 victory) was decided in 2017 because UP's result was declared in 2017. I believe that this time too these intellectuals will sure dare to say that 2022 results have decided 2024 results. (crowd chants modi-modi-modi)

44:54 Today I will also specially applaud Punjab's BJP workers, despite unfavourable circumstances the way they hoisted party's flag, in the coming time it will strengthen BJP in Punjab, strengthen country's toughness(don't know how to translate this correctly), we will develop it like a special place, that I believe completely. In Punjab BJP is emerging as a power, this I'm seeing in front of my eyes friends. Being a border state, keeping Punjab aware of separatist politics, BJP's worker will keep doing this keeping their life on the line. In the coming 5 years, BJP's worker, he will play this responsibility with full aplomb. This confidence I will give to Punjab's population. Friends, these elections happened when world has been fighting Corona like disease which was not seen for a 100 years. Entire humankind, entire world, for 100 years haven't seen this kind of disease, haven't faced this kind of difficulty. As if this wasn't enough, war(possibly referring to UK-RU conflict) has increased world's tension. In these circumstances, world's supply-chain has been disrupted, for 2 years the supply-chain has seen disruptions and the war has only added to it. To deal with these circumstances, the steps India has taken, the economic decisions it has taken, the decisions it has taken for poor-benefit, those have helped India in moving forward cautiously. India was able to save itself because our policies have been tied to the ground(meaning keeping in line with ground realities) and our actions have forever moved forward on the tracks of sincerity and well-intentions. Wherever there was a government of double-engine(not sure what this means), there people's interests were doubly protected and development activities have picked up pace. In this time, the war that is going on, it's effect, both visibly and un-visibly(idk if that's a word) has reached every country of the world. India favors peace, through diplomacy, is in favor of solving every problem. But the countries, who are fighting directly, India has a relationship with them through the prism of economics, security, education and politics. India has a lot of needs tied to these countries, the raw oil that India imports from outside, the palm-oil it imports, sunflower oil it imports, it's price is increasing extremely fast in international markets. Whether it's coal, gas, fertilizer, every item has seen it's cost skyrocket. Due to war, entire world is seeing inflation, developing nations especially are experiencing difficulties. Friends, in this global context, amidst these difficulties, if you look at this-time(current) budget, then you get a sense of confidence, country is moving forward on the path of Atmanirbhar. This feeling received more energy from this-time budget and I believe that this difficult environment which is everywhere in the world, this unsettled environment, this undetermined environment, India's population, especially states like UP have given a proof of their farsightedness.

51:51 India's voters, the way they voted for stable governments, is proof of the fact that democracy is in the veins of Indians. But brothers and sisters, on this occasion, I also want to put my thoughts(he says "chinta" which means thoughts that give him anxiety or tension). India's resident, with a lot of responsibility, is working for country's interests. Whenever he gets the chance, he behaves with responsibility. Country's common citizen is busy in country-building BUT we have some people here who continuously are lowering the level of politics. In this time of corona, we have see, these people have tried continuously to mislead the people of the country. Our vaccine efforts are lauded in the world but for this pure-work, for humanity's work, for service's work, questions were raised even on country's vaccine. It's a misfortune, when 1000's of Indian students, our citizens were stuck, even then there were talks for breaking country's morale. The people who were stuck there, people were working to increase the uneasiness of their families, these people were making them feel less secure, they were making their families uneasy, not only this these people tried to tie down Operation Ganga in the confines of statism(he says "pradeshvad", rashtra(state)vad= nationalism). The habit of dying every scheme, every work in the color of region-ism, state-ism, caste-ism, community-ism, is a matter of great concern to India's bright future. Friends, in these elections I always talked of development, homes to poor, ration to poor, vaccine, modern infrastruture, tried to put BJP's vision on every subject in front of people. In addition to this, the one thing I showed my worry on, was that, family-ism. I told the people of state, that like, I'm not against any family, don't have any personal feud with anyone, I worry about democracy and I say this to every "intellectual" that try to measure these things on the scale of democracy. And I told people that how family-ism politics has harmed their state and is taking the state back and I am happy that voters have understood this and voted to empower the democracy. Friends, this constant debate is necessary, in a democracy like India, and keeping the mind the heights to which we have to take India, the issues I bring up, those have to be debated without any partiality. In India, family-ism politics, write down my words friends, on one day, there will come a day, when in India the sun-down of family-ism politics the citizens of the country will do for sure.

57:55 In this election, India's voters have shown a proof of their intelligence, have shown an indication of what's about to happen. Friends, I want to put forward another issue in front of people. This issue is a conspiracy to stop the move against corruption. Tell me this friends, that should there be proceedings against corruption?(crowd shouts yes) should there be strict proceedings against corrupt people? (crowd chants yes) Should these corrupt minds be destroyed from the country? (crowd chants yes) Friends, in our country, there is immense hatred in our people against corruption, against corrupt-people, against such people. The habit of looting country's coffers and filling their own safes, has stuck to some people's identity. BJP, in 2014, won by promising a corruption-free government. And after seeing our sincerity, people gave us more blessing and country expects us, that Modiji your government is not just for show, it's only you, it's only your government that punish corrupt people and can bring tough measures against them(corrupt). Tell me, should I fulfill these expectations of the people? (crowd shouts yes). Should government behave responsibly for people's ambitions? (crowd chants yes) But we see today, the neutral institutions, who are completely independent, if they act against corruption, then these people and their entire ecosystem, to save these corrupt people have come into the ground(to play) to defame these institutions. It is a great misfortune of the country that people surrounded in scandals, have united, now with the help of their ecosystem, have started to put pressure on these institutions. To stop search agencies, these people combined with their ecosystem, have started to invent new methods. These people don't even trust the country's judiciary. First do corruption of tens of thousands of crores, then don't let investigation to happen, and if investigation happen then try to suppress it, this is these people's habit. And I try to attract people's attraction to another thing, if a investigation targets a corrupt person, these people start to give religion's color to it, give state's color to it, give caste's color to it, these are new methods. If a court gives a verdict against some mafia, even then these people tie it to religion or caste.

1:02:38 In this, I request all of India's communities, request all who pride on caste, they have to think that, to dare that to keep such corrupt-people, such mafias away from their communities from their castes. With this, society will get stronger, community will get stronger and everyone will prosper. In UP, in UP, another reason of our victory is also that people there have experienced(survived), for decades, the result of such (corrupt)politics. Due to my responsibility of being Banaras's sansad(MP), due to the love and blessing of people of UP, I have also become a UP-wala. Due to being Banaras's sansad, I can say from my experience, UP's people have understood, that they have to stay away from those who demean caste, those who demean community and have to give utmost importance to the state's progress. Friends, after seeing 75th year of independence, these elections results have a huge importance. India is entering the golden age of independence, these election results embody the country's mood, country's mood towards our upcoming national goals for the next 25 years. From here on, on two tracks, together, we're going to work fast. On one hand, our focus is on village, poor, small-farmers, small-workers' welfare. On the other, by giving new opportunities to country's institutions, to country's youth-power, we want to speed forward the Atmanirbhar mission. India's youth, today, with their skill, with their intelligence and with use of their capableness(literal translation) is providing competition to the world. World's biggest and fastest vaccination is a great example of India's ability. Today India is becoming Atmanirbhar in digital payment systems, is increasing it's ability in start-up area and is achieving new capabilities in the field of tech. And all this is due to it's youth-power.

1:06:51 In india, education's level should be the highest which can create the workforce which can cater to the country's and to the world's needs, this is our ambition. Today, an India is getting build where you get recognized by your work and not due to your family. I'm confident that following the mantra of "sabka saath, sabka vikas, sabka vishwas, and sabka prayas(struggle to succeed)" we will take our states on new heights. When country's state prosper, then country will prosper. And I worked in Gujarat for so many years, the government in Delhi(UPA gov) didn't think of BJP as good, they mentality was to hamper our efforts, even then in Gujarat our mantra was "for India's progress, Gujarat's progress". Friends, we should get working, not waste a single moment, no matter how difficult the challenges are, the determination to win should be even greater. With great determination, with great dreams, with the intention of scaling the greatest heights, we have to move the country forward. Friends, this great win is a guarantee of India's bright future. I will once again, for India's bright future, for this results our voters are deserving of our thanks. Come, with the clapping of both hands, let's thank every voter, let's express gratitude for voters, let's sing voter's praises.
1:10:03 Bharat Mata ki..
Bharat Mata ki..
Bharat Mata ki..
Thanks very much.
Last edited by m_saini on 11 Mar 2022 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

rsingh wrote:Question: what Raga might be going through right now? How he is facing mirror ?What Madam is thinking?one thing is clear....Surjewala"s days are numbered. A complete overhaul of leadership is needed.who is right alternative right now?
I think first of all they have to stop critcizing mofi on every occasion. Stop going against majority. Stop wired remarks about religion and foreign policy. Instead they have to focus on ground work and win the heart and mind of majority. That is only chance they have.
If congress gets it's wits back, it will be game over for AAP. Congress cadre is heavily demoralised as of now. MP, CG and Rajashthan election showed that Congress cannot be taken for granted in bipolar contest with BJP.

Remember they have 20% vote share nationwide despite the much reviled leadership, even among their supporters. It can easily jump 8-10 % with change in leadership and morale boost of cadre.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

GShankar wrote:If family remains where they are, aap would keep expanding.

Let's divide the urban naxals
The BIF may have changed horses for courses

Nothing explains this string of losses and stooopide decisions of the dynamic dismantling duo of pappu and pappi

they may be more comfortable with an Indian gaddar rather than continue to bet on imports well past their sell by date
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

If Punjab expressed their anger through votes, why did Sanyukt Samaj Morcha- political front of 22 farmers’ unions scores a zero?

Why did Punjab choose AAP?

AAP kaunsi ya kiski kheti karta hai?
So farmer is angry only in punjab and not in four other states

@ANI · 6h

Maharashtra | The anger in the minds of the farmers of Punjab was reflected in this election and hence people there defeated BJP, Congress, and decided to give a chance to a new party: NCP chief Sharad Pawar in Mumbai (10.03)

6:47 am · 11 Mar 2022
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

By the way; did any one notice. Shri. Dakait was seen on TV with a Sikh style pagree. The Green Topi has gone now. Don't know what happened? Did he switch over to Sikhism?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:By the way; did any one notice. Shri. Dakait was seen on TV with a Sikh style pagree. The Green Topi has gone now. Don't know what happened? Did he switch over to Sikhism?

like this

vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Sachin wrote:By the way; did any one notice. Shri. Dakait was seen on TV with a Sikh style pagree. The Green Topi has gone now. Don't know what happened? Did he switch over to Sikhism?
Its like that cheap Bollywood movie where hero wears a mustache to successfully hide from the baddie. It's another thing that the audience from the farthest seats can recognize him instantly.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

#uttarpradesh

Shivsena = 395
INC = 385
SP = 125
BSP = 265
APNA DAL = 4
BJP = 1
OTHERS = 1241

*PLEASE NOTE
Above numbers are of the candidates those were unable to even save their deposits.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

https://twitter.com/surunaik14/status/1 ... zYPZg&s=19
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Manish_Sharma wrote: *PLEASE NOTE
Above numbers are of the candidates those were unable to even save their deposits.
There was also one chap; Chandra Sekhar Azad (insult to the original C.A Azad) who had contested from Yogi's constituency. Secular media had show cased him as the Dalit leader who will beat Yogi hands down. This fellow also lost his deposit. Any idea how much votes were polled by the national parties CPI(M) and CPI ??
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

wa forward
Who will Kejriwal blame Delhi air pollution from now on?
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Owaisi's party AIMIM polled around 0.5% vote which was the greater than the sum of votes for all the communist parties in UP
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@MajorPoonia · 5h

Kejri promised 1000 Rs monthly to every woman in Punjab

-Total Women in Punjab - Approx 1.5 Cr

-So every year
15000000x1000x12=180000000000 only Per Year

-Funds required -18000 Cr per Year

-Punjab (Avg) GST Collection- 17500 Cr Per Year

फिर कहेगा मोदी पैसे नहीं दे रहा !
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Sachin wrote: Any idea how much votes were polled by the national parties CPI(M) and CPI ??
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 133526.cms

AAP (0.35 per cent) and JD-U (0.11 per cent).
The vote share of All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) was recorded at 0.47 per cent.

CPI's vote share stood at a meagre 0.07 per cent, while NCP's vote share was 0.05 per cent. The vote share of Shiv Sena was 0.03 per cent.

A separate point:

Keshav Prasad Maurya UP Deputy CM lost election. Many sitting MLAs lost. This was a Yogi wave. If many sitting MLAs had been replaced as Yogi ji wanted then BJP would have got atleast 40 more seats. Yogi should be allowed to pick his own cabinet and govern as he wishes
https://twitter.com/Ak5985965/status/15 ... 5nzmA&s=19
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Pratyush wrote:
Please don't.

This is the stuff nightmares are made of.

We need the family to remain where they are.
There are only two groups that want the Congress to come to power: the dynasty of course and the durbaris who can't win elections on their own (both in delhi and in states - CWC members, RS members)

The rest are happy. BJP is of course. Regional parties and wanna-be national parties (AAP, TMC) would also be quite delighted in the decline and aiming to fill the gap. For them, having the dynasty at the top of Congress is necessary to achieve their goals.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

But it looks the Muslim vote atleast 90% went to the SP and they voted in numbers.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Aditya_V,
What are you basing your conclusion on?

I'm hoping development, good governance, better law and order are making inroads into muslim vote as well. So any reliable data that helps us understand how muslim electorate has voted in UP that can be finely dissected in terms of rural/urban, male/female, across age groups etc will be very interesting.
Thanks
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Some news articles

https://indianexpress.com/elections/up- ... g-7812916/

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 123882.cms

Most Minorities from Independence have had an agenda which was cleverly kept hidden for 60 odd years

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 129548.cms
SP has done quite well in Muslim Dominated areas where is gain 21 seats to win 38/57
I am guessing the Non muslim population would have been significant in the other 19.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

chetak wrote:wa forward
Who will Kejriwal blame Delhi air pollution from now on?
Haryana. :mrgreen:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Aditya_V wrote:Some news articles

https://indianexpress.com/elections/up- ... g-7812916/

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 123882.cms

Most Minorities from Independence have had an agenda which was cleverly kept hidden for 60 odd years

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 129548.cms
SP has done quite well in Muslim Dominated areas where is gain 21 seats to win 38/57
I am guessing the Non muslim population would have been significant in the other 19.
Hearing that seat selection wasn't well optimized by the BJP due to local opposition and vested interests.

This alone may have cost them 30-40 seats.

If the local joker standing for election is an unpopular chavanni type, there is little that Modi or Yogi can do to help him/her

there were/are many in the UP BJP who are opposed to YA and that is why AS and Rajnath singh had to cajole and mollycoddle many of the local "leaders" to pitch in and get the BJP ball rolling. This was the problem area in which AS spent maximum time.

It may be caste factors or opportunity cost for milking the system or just plain jealousy, whatever.

political power in such states, to be entirely honest, like in any other state, comes with perks for the incumbent and his immediate + extended family plus hangers on and this is a given, irrespective of party.

There is resentment in the second and third tier "leadership" that the BJP party actively objects to the policy of making hay while the sun shines.

for many "sabka saath, sabka vikas" takes lesser precedence over the "leader's" pet puja and his parivaar puja.

chacha vidhayak hain humare has become a war cry

so far, the party has managed to stay stain free but corruption at the lower levels is still rife.

cops, municipal employees, govt employees, electricity, water connections and RTO etc still actively seek bribes no matter which govt is in power.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Manish_Sharma wrote:
Sachin wrote: Any idea how much votes were polled by the national parties CPI(M) and CPI ??
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 133526.cms

AAP (0.35 per cent) and JD-U (0.11 per cent).
The vote share of All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) was recorded at 0.47 per cent.

CPI's vote share stood at a meagre 0.07 per cent, while NCP's vote share was 0.05 per cent. The vote share of Shiv Sena was 0.03 per cent.

A separate point:

Keshav Prasad Maurya UP Deputy CM lost election. Many sitting MLAs lost. This was a Yogi wave. If many sitting MLAs had been replaced as Yogi ji wanted then BJP would have got atleast 40 more seats. Yogi should be allowed to pick his own cabinet and govern as he wishes
https://twitter.com/Ak5985965/status/15 ... 5nzmA&s=19

GENERAL ELECTION TO FIVE STATE VIDHAN SABHAS -MARCH-2022

VOTE SHARE OF THREE COMMUNIST PARTIES of INDIA

Goa UP Uttarakhand Punjab Manipur
CPI 0.00% 0.07% 0.04% 0.05% 0.06%
CPI(M) 0.00% 0.01% 0.04% 0.06% 0.00%
CPI(ML) 0.00% 0.01% 0.02% 0.03% 0.00%

[Source: Election Commission of India: https://results.eci.gov.in/ResultAcGenM ... htm?st=S14 ]

With this kind of popular support, these morons dream of bringing “Revolution” to India.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Aditya_V wrote:But it looks the Muslim vote atleast 90% went to the SP and they voted in numbers.
SP replicated the BJP playbook used in Tripura.
SP went village by village, listed the M people who are working outside the state, especially in Southern and Western part of Bharat, and then provided them with rount-trip tickets to come and vote en masse. It was actually a worrying point for BJP as the state urban Hindus often feel lethargic to come out and vote. Anyway, if the Hindu election participation had gone up by 2-3% then it could have made a big difference in 30+ seats.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Kati wrote:

GENERAL ELECTION TO FIVE STATE VIDHAN SABHAS -MARCH-2022

VOTE SHARE OF THREE COMMUNIST PARTIES of INDIA

Goa UP Uttarakhand Punjab Manipur
CPI 0.00% 0.07% 0.04% 0.05% 0.06%
CPI(M) 0.00% 0.01% 0.04% 0.06% 0.00%
CPI(ML) 0.00% 0.01% 0.02% 0.03% 0.00%

[Source: Election Commission of India: https://results.eci.gov.in/ResultAcGenM ... htm?st=S14 ]

With this kind of popular support, these morons dream of bringing “Revolution” to India.
Communist ideology needs to be completely doused even if its just a spark because you never know when and where it may turn into a raging fire. We overlooked them in Bihar too but look how they've spread their footprint and performed in the last election. They thrive in fear and weakness, a lot of ricebags doing the conversion work.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

A counterpoint. Many OBC castes in UP are just looking at their caste and not Hindu/UP or India. In a way a patel caste (obc in UP) is looking at its caste candidate and not party.
BJP has its task cut out -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOc-wRqlHc4
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

jehadi vote distribution: male and female

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Chetak pls don't use the term jihadi to refer to all Muslims who voted. Thanks.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:Chetak pls don't use the term jihadi to refer to all Muslims who voted. Thanks.
sorry, force of habit.

Point valid, and noted onlee.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Cyrano wrote:Aditya_V,

I'm hoping development, good governance, better law and order are making inroads into muslim vote as well. So any reliable data that helps us understand how muslim electorate has voted in UP that can be finely dissected in terms of rural/urban, male/female, across age groups etc will be very interesting.
Thanks
Simplistically, Muslims 20% + Yadav 10% is roughly the 31% the SP polled this time.
BSP got 11% which is the Jatav population (above table suggests half moved to BJP, but other SC's must have voted BSP).
That implies the Muslims moved to SP. Owasi got only 0.5%
Owasi is necessary to further split the Muslim vote.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

Manish_Sharma wrote:#uttarpradesh

Shivsena = 395
INC = 385
SP = 125
BSP = 265
APNA DAL = 4
BJP = 1
OTHERS = 1241

*PLEASE NOTE
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

https://twitter.com/surunaik14/status/1 ... zYPZg&s=19
SP loosing deposit in 125 out of 400 seats is like 31% and then SP even did not fight on 400 seats (seat sharing with RLD and others)!!
Main opposition loosing deposit in 30+% seats is strange.
Just goes to show that SP's votebank is the MY and very ultra-light sprinkling of others.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Third BJP MLA offers his seat to CM Pushkar Singh Dhami.

Kapkot BJP MLA Suresh Gariya says I will resign for Dhamiji.

terms and conditions apply
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Punjab Vote share.

https://results.eci.gov.in/ResultAcGenM ... htm?st=S19

Could SAD and BJP have had a tactical alliance? Was foolish pride that tanked SAD?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

m_saini Thank you for the transcript. Will comment on it.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Cyrano wrote:Aditya_V,

Thanks
This type of global factors analysis is what kills the nationalist endevour.
All elections are tactical.
As long as SP or a clone is there such voting happens.
The bigger picture is a significant portion of Yadavs voted for BJP.
SP lost deposit in 125 seats they contested.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

chetak wrote:vote distribution: male and female

This should put to rest any idea of Sabka saath sabka vikas working for peaceful voters.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

interesting how muslim in written in hindi - we are taught to write mu-is-li-ma in hindi prachar sabha courses but here -is- comes inside -li- :!:

added - like this - मु-is-लिम - we were always asked to put the partial letter first and then the li or thi or anything that comes after - नमस्ते - easier for tamizh people to understand as tamizh is written that way.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/rishibagree/status/ ... 6694787075
Rishi Bagree
@rishibagree
Varun Gandhi openly asking vote for SP candidate. This is the same guy who has become MP on BJP ticket else he would had remain as a doormat in 10 Janpath