Terroristan - March 31, 2022

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - March 31, 2022

Post by Deans »

g.sarkar wrote: I wanted very much to comment, but one does not speak ill of the dead.
I too don't speak ill of the dead, but will gladly make an exception in his case.
I regret that India did not declare him a war criminal - men under his command tortured our soldiers.
He had many other faults, but those were shared by other rulers of Pak too.
Luxtor
BRFite

Post by Luxtor »

Anujan wrote:Pervez Musharraf, great son of Pakistan, who won the runners up trophy in Kargil war, passes away.

May his wisdom be never forgotten, he stood as a beacon of light for women's advancement and gave them this advice: "A lot of people say that if you want to go abroad and get a visa from Canada or citizenship and be a millionaire, get yourself raped"
What an ignominious end to a cowardly criminal. He couldn't even die in his own country. They wanted to hang this dictator in pukistan after he got kicked out of power. He was exiled to UAE. God knows how many millions he paid for his asylum there, all that money he stole from the pukiland. This is the reason the country is bankrupt; every politician and military dictator in its history robs the country blind, starting from jinna on down.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/perv ... 230205.htm
Pervez Musharraf: Architect of Kargil War, ruled Pak for 9 yrs after 1999 coup
Source: PTI - Edited By: Senjo M R, February 05, 2023

The 79-year-old retired general was the main architect of the Kargil War that took place months after then Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif signed a historic peace accord with his Indian counterpart Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Lahore.
After his failed misadventure in Kargil, Musharraf deposed the then Prime Minister Sharif in a bloodless coup in 1999 and ruled Pakistan from 1999 to 2008 in various positions -- first as the chief executive of Pakistan and later as the President.
Musharraf, who announced elections in 2008 under domestic and international pressure, was forced to resign as president following the polls and went into self-imposed exile in Dubai.
Gautam
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This has been posted before but needs to be posted again

the pakis are being gifted katoras by other countries

rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

Pakistan complains that #Iran has stopped 80% electricity export to #Pakistan without any notice due to pending payments

https://twitter.com/IFENewsAgency/statu ... qVEduSOOiA
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SxHK8UdRn0

Pak: Terror attack near Quetta stadium halts match; Babar Azam, Afridi taken to safety | Watch

back to regular programming.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile: Bangladeshi Foreign Ministry: “Pakistan should formally apologise for the atrocities perpetrated against unarmed Bangalees in 1971.
https://www.wionews.com/south-asia/bang ... 971-558990
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Chhote kaale bengalee bhi aankhen dikha rahein hain?

But…but…what about atami taqat and….
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

Just got a sneak peek at Musharraf's will and testament, which will be released to the people of the world very soon:
For the past many years, one of my biggest achievements and a personal point of high honor has been the worldwide recognition given to my name.

Yes, getting to be the army chief and then the democracy-loving dictator president of Pakistan were all very notable milestones, but they pale in comparison to the fame and fragrance that I got attached to my illustrious family name. In all these years, whenever I would see or hear my name and lineage used in all sorts of creative ways, my chest would puff up with pride like you would not believe.

But alas, the time has come for me to pass the baton, for there can be only one baton's best friend in Pakistan at any one time.

And so, henceforth and from now on, I bequeath the crowning glory of Musharraf's musharraf to Bilawal's bilawal.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

You surely mean Billo Rani?
Gautam
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

rajkumar wrote:Pakistan complains that #Iran has stopped 80% electricity export to #Pakistan without any notice due to pending payments

Gwadar would be without electricity..or was the 20% kept for faujis in Gwadar?

Without electricity the water desalination won’t work too.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Wish Musharraf lived for another five years. Mere five years of that illness is not enough for this sewer rat and the amount of human blood he has in his grimy paws. But I doubt if he actually had amyloidosis. I wouldn’t put past some Cheen-pasand khaki or NoKo Kimmy (for dud nuke designs) to put out a contract for a Polonium or Novichok hit. Guy had all the outwardly symptoms of Litvenko or Skripal
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

^ amyloidosis is plausible .
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

^^^
definitely had 'armyloadosis'; just like all the jernails of Pak fauj. This disease is chronic and has known to inflate the assets of army jernails. Every jernail finds his bank balances bloated, laded with acres and acres of land and properties in overseas lands. This disease is so debilitating that the person constantly feels the urge to keep asking for extensions or keep in the limelight by spinning yarns of their imagined exploits. This disease cannot be treated in Pakistan and requires the person to seek residence and treatment in foreign lands like Dubai, UK, USA, Kanada, Australia etc.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

g.sarkar wrote: I wanted very much to comment, but one does not speak ill of the dead.
We should not speak ill of the dead, instead we should recognize whatever it is that the departed achieved in their life. Here is my top 10 list

1. Got runners up trophy in Kargil war
2. Conducted a referendum, won 98% of the vote, second highest after Zia. Silver medal there too
3. Built many nests for national bird of Pakistan, and let it roam and fly free and lay an egg wherever it wanted
4. Gave an opportunity for daughter of Pakistan, Afiya Siddiqui to go to the US and get free food and housing there
5. Facilitated Canadian visas for many Pakistani women
6. Enhanced cultural contacts with China by protecting red lips massage parlors near lal masjid compound
7. Got many more likes and friends in facebook than any Pakistani politician
8. Became best friends with Richard Amritaraj after one phone call "with us or without us" and inspired the abbreviation GUBO in Peearef dictionary
9. Forced Indian Army to follow Muslim traditions -- made them bury the killed Pakistani soldiers in Kargil with full muslim ceremonies by refusing to take their bodies.

10. Attacked the Indian Parliament in 2001

We should never speak ill of the dead. I think the best way Pakistan and India can honor Musharraf is by following his example, Pakistan army refusing to take his body and let Indian army bury it in tiger hill. That is what he would have wanted.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

gakakkad, it is plausible, but I wouldn’t discount him being given the “French Treatment” by folk on contract.

I have zero qualms about speaking ill of this absolutely creepy monster:

Militant commander Ilyas Kashmiri, who fought in Jammu and Kashmir in the 1990s, was once awarded by Pervez Musharraf for “slitting the throat” of an Indian army officer in 2000, a media report said on Sunday.

Next celebrate moment: Deaths of Buttfaq Kayani and Shuja Pasha for Mumbai
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

excellent list, @Anujanji

Meanwhile, mood of the nation:

madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

partha wrote:excellent list, @Anujanji
Meanwhile, mood of the nation:
But won't you think IMF conditions a lot many make sense? If followed could move out of this problem and to the development path? Like getting out of the circular debt problem, disclosing assets of the government and army officers, and curbing corruption.

I know pak will not go bankrupt or will face civil war... But we have to de-nuke and split the country so that we can get rid of this nonsense called pakistan for ever.
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

hnair wrote:gakakkad, it is plausible, but I wouldn’t discount him being given the “French Treatment” by folk on contract.

I have zero qualms about speaking ill of this absolutely creepy monster:

Militant commander Ilyas Kashmiri, who fought in Jammu and Kashmir in the 1990s, was once awarded by Pervez Musharraf for “slitting the throat” of an Indian army officer in 2000, a media report said on Sunday.

Next celebrate moment: Deaths of Buttfaq Kayani and Shuja Pasha for Mumbai
Not just slitting the throat, but beheading him and 'gifting' the head to Musharraf, who was all praises for him. I have seen that photograph. Truly disgusting
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile: Beijing has offered Sri Lanka a 2-year debt moratorium. It hasn't offered debt relief to Pakistan, which is perilously close to default. The US has urged Pakistan to seek debt relief from China. What may explain China's decision not to offer debt relief to Pak?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

I think the Sino-Lankan "moratorium" is because of Indo-Lankan dynamics. Initially, China was not willing to budge.

China will recover those costs in other ways.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

https://mobile.twitter.com/HabibKhanT/s ... 12/photo/2

Flag of pashtunistan raised in Peshawar. Jhume jo Pathan …
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

All said and done, Musharraf was a loser. He was PoW in 71 war, he lost the Kargil war (and the Pakistani narrative too), he lost his dictatorship and he lost his ability to stay free in his own country and had to run. He couldn't even get his so-called Kashmir peace-plan done when his counterpart was one of the weakest PMs of India. The balance of power shifted in 1999 (I remember the dark days of mid-1990s) and Pakistan has never been in the game since.
We should thank him for his contributions to Indo-Pak peace - for he has been the key contributor in its collapse.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

srin wrote:All said and done, Musharraf was a loser. He was PoW in 71 war, he lost the Kargil war (and the Pakistani narrative too), he lost his dictatorship and he lost his ability to stay free in his own country and had to run. He couldn't even get his so-called Kashmir peace-plan done when his counterpart was one of the weakest PMs of India. The balance of power shifted in 1999 (I remember the dark days of mid-1990s) and Pakistan has never been in the game since.
We should thank him for his contributions to Indo-Pak peace - for he has been the key contributor in its collapse.
We often forget Operation Parakram was very costly for the Paki fauj, it was only after Operation Parakram that after 1989, Paki Fauj agreed not to continuously bombard IA positions along the LOC. in the last 19 years LOC has been much peaceful than the 1989-2002 period.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Mean-e-while, here in Kolkata, in West Bangladesh, APB is humanizing Gen. Musharraf. It has written (obituary) about how he came to visit his ancestor's haveli in New Delhi, and left $200 for his old nanny. Just showing how great and generous the guy was. Another piece says that he was going to give Kashmir to India. To avoid throwing up, I did not read the second article. I remember after the emergency, it was said of the Indian journalists, when they were asked to bend a little, they chose to crawl.
Gautam
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

At least 5 wounded in explosion near Quetta Police Lines: rescue official
At least five people were injured in an explosion near the Quetta Police Lines area on Sunday, rescue officials said.

Edhi worker Zeeshan Ahmed, who is leading the rescue operation on the site, told Dawn.com that the injured persons have been moved to the Civil Hospital, Quetta.

He said police and emergency teams have arrived at the site and the area has been cordoned off.

Police haven't issued any statement and the nature of the blast is not clear at the moment.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Anujan wrote:
g.sarkar wrote:
1. Got runners up trophy in Kargil war
Didn't he also get the runners-up trophy on an attempt at Siachen that was a prelude to the whole scheming that led to Kargil?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

In general we can say about TSP and it's leadership.

Always the bride's maid. Never the bride.

Musharraf was just in long line of such foolish men.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

KP Police repulse two attacks on posts
PESHAWAR: The police on Sunday night repulsed an attack on two outposts in remote areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), reported The News.

According to the publication, Tank police and residents of the area repulsed a major attack on Pir Tangi police post near Jandola police station late Sunday night.

An official said dozens of militants armed with automatic weapons had attacked the police post.

“The cops, however, were alert and retaliated strongly. A number of locals also came out of their homes to support the police. The attackers managed their escape after an exchange of fire for around 10 minutes,” District Police Officer Tank Waqar Ahmad told The News. He said a few other such attacks have been repulsed by the police in Tank and adjacent districts in recent weeks.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Any sane nation would have toned downed the bluster and indicated willingness to move on from past mistakes when dealing with IMF during such a critical juncture. But TFTA pakis have gone ahead and shot themselves in the musharraf by issuing public statements like how they are going to 'fix' and 'talk tough' with the IMF team. The IMF team has obviously acted tough to counter such an image being created an this has only made things tough for TSP.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

https://www.opindia.com/2023/02/india-c ... -cup-2023/
‘India can go to hell’: Former Pakistani cricketer Javed Miandad hits out at BCCI for not sending Indian team to the country for Asia Cup 2023
if teams like these don’t come, they should be debarred. India hoga, apne liye hoga. Hmare liye nahi hai,” said the Pakistani ex-cricketer.
With 80% of the money being generated from India, I dont think Mian the monkey understands what he is asking for. This guys needs to be put off his misery
“Why is India afraid to play against Pakistan? They know if they lose to Pakistan, their public will not spare them. Narendra Modi will disappear, their public won’t leave him.
:rotfl:
:rotfl: Pakis and their bluster I tell you.
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

srin wrote:All said and done, Musharraf was a loser. He was PoW in 71 war, he lost the Kargil war (and the Pakistani narrative too), he lost his dictatorship and he lost his ability to stay free in his own country and had to run. He couldn't even get his so-called Kashmir peace-plan done when his counterpart was one of the weakest PMs of India. The balance of power shifted in 1999 (I remember the dark days of mid-1990s) and Pakistan has never been in the game since.
1965 : Part of an artillery formation that got nearly wiped out in the Khem Karan
1971 : Had to escape via Burma
1987 : Tried to retake Bana Post (Erstwhile Quaid Post of Pak Army) by launching SSG troops in frontal attacks. Lost hundreds of them with nothing to show.
1999 : Well .. Kargil!
2007 : Did a coup against himself and yet had to flee Pakistan!

But he did have a few military victories to boast about. Too bad they were against his own people - from the Gilgit Shia genocide in 1988 to the killing of Nawab Akbar Bugti in 2006!
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

What did we achieve betting on Afghan Taliban?
Many including those sitting at the helm of affairs portrayed the Afghan Taliban victory as a major success for Pakistan. The premise for their celebration was that the Afghan Taliban takeover meant that the “hostile agencies” would no longer exploit the volatile Afghan situation to target Pakistan. The friendly Afghan government would evict groups such as the banned Tehreek-e-Pakistan (TTP) and its affiliates. When Pakistan did make a formal request for decisive action against the TTP, the Afghan Taliban instead asked Islamabad to seek a negotiated settlement with terrorists. The Afghan allied Haqqani Network played the role of mediator and Pakistan began talks with the TTP. The talks did make some progress at the start leading to the ceasefire by the terrorist outfits. In return for a truce, Pakistan released TTP members including some hardcore terrorists. Few were even given presidential pardon. Then in another bizarre decision taken by a few individuals with no proper consultation process, Pakistan allowed thousands of TTP members to return. The deal was they would return unarmed. The process was so flawed that the local authorities were not even aware of that arrangement leading to clashes as well as protests from the public.

As TTP members started returning, the number of terrorist attacks began to increase. It has become abundantly clear that the TTP used that move to regroup. Pakistan once again made the same blunder as it did in the past.
At a high-level Apex Committee meeting held in Peshawar after the deadly terrorist attack, there was an acknowledgement that seeking direct negotiations with the TTP and allowing their members to return was a mistake. The decision was taken in haste and it was a miscalculation.
The sense is that the current military leadership wanted a course correction so as the civilian dispensation. At least a decision was taken not to seek any direct talks with the TTP at this stage. Since the TTP operates out of the neighbouring country, Pakistan’s civil and military leadership have decided to take up the issue with the Afghan Taliban at the highest level. Pakistan would seek the intervention of Afghan Taliban Amir Habitullah Akhundzada to tackle the TTP. But it appears that this option may not work. The Afghan Taliban have denied their soil was used in the Peshawar attack. The statement of the Afghan acting Foreign Minister was telling. Amir Muttaqi asked Pakistan to find the enemy from within. This means that despite Pakistan’s stance, the Afghan Taliban are in a state of denial. In this situation, what are Pakistan’s options? In reality, Islamabad has only a few options to convince the Afghan Taliban. It is time to ask ourselves: What did we achieve by betting on the Afghan Taliban?
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Anujan wrote:
We should not speak ill of the dead, instead we should recognize whatever it is that the departed achieved in their life. Here is my top 10 list
Some additions.

1. Runner up in 1999 but gold medalist in Downhill skiing .. I was sure Pakistan was locked in for a podium finish for winter olympics.. not sure what happened there..
2. Unleashed the ferocious kendo-stick wielding motormas with his strategic assault on Lal Masjid
3. Got George Bush pushing his piss poor autobiography..
4. Claimed to have forced India to mobilize a division for kargil with just few tacktikally brilliant moves from his side..
5. Coined the famous '400% sure'.. which meant he had no effing clue

Overall a murderous moron with the ego of a planet and the IQ of a cabbage.

I would like all fellow rakshaks to look up the song sung by a certain UP policeman on YT... pliss to wear headphones..
jash_p
BRFite

Post by jash_p »

Death toll in Turkiye, Syria earthquake soars past 1,300
Thousands injured as authorities say 16 structures collapsed in Sanliurfa, 34 in Osmaniye; PM Shehbaz pays condolence
Pakis must avail this opportunity and asked world to give money as many among dead are Paki jehadis gone there to to save Islam.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Dilbu wrote:Any sane nation would have toned downed the bluster and indicated willingness to move on from past mistakes when dealing with IMF during such a critical juncture. But TFTA pakis have gone ahead and shot themselves in the musharraf by issuing public statements like how they are going to 'fix' and 'talk tough' with the IMF team. The IMF team has obviously acted tough to counter such an image being created an this has only made things tough for TSP.
Cold war mentality refuses to go.. be it the American elite, or the Jihadistani ones.

Looks like this motorma is a lurker on BRF

Yawn - Misplaced belief
Pakistan is too big to fail. Its geostrategic location, its burgeoning population, its nuclear arsenal. For almost two decades these have been wielded as a threat to the neoliberal order: allow us to fail and witness the mayhem that would be unleashed.

The belief that Pakistan is too big to fail is deeply entrenched among our political elite and establishment. What else explains the refusal to meaningfully engage with even the idea of significant economic, civil, structural and systemic reforms, and the business-as-usual approach to approaching the brink of economic collapse. It is the most perverse kind of complacency.

The belief that the world will step in to rescue Pakistan from falling victim to ails of its own making is rooted in a different world order — one that was American-led, neoliberal, and gung-ho on globalisation.

In Pakistan’s case, failure was defined through the prism of post-2001 American political and security considerations, and was envisioned as a collapsed government replaced by jihadists running amok with nuclear weapons. Other perceived aspects of this failure included nuclear proliferation resulting from black market sales, or an increase in the number of regional militant groups that would undermine American interests in Afghanistan.

Following the US withdrawal from Afghanistan, the fear of an economically strained Pakistan becoming (another) hotbed of terrorism has mellowed; our arsenal is not as threatening as Russia’s.

Pakistan no longer has a clear role in the geostrategic considerations of other world powers. At present, this is most obvious in the IMF’s steadfastness about holding the country to ‘harsh’ and stringent conditions in order to receive the next facility. The days of Washington making backchannel requests for waivers or softer terms are clearly over.

China is unlikely to plug the gap. From a security perspective its regional concerns are being trumped by its frequent almost-confrontations with the US. And from an economic perspective, there is “a shift in China’s role from loan provider to debt collector”, as John Calabrese puts it in a recent article about China’s ‘distressed assets’ (which include Pakistan).

In a world facing recession threats while trying to jump-start the just transition, ‘friendly countries’, including the Gulf states that have long provided bailouts and loan rollovers, are also changing tack.They want to be in the business of strategic investment, not ideologically driven grant-giving.

Countries that are now holding back largesse have also spent the last few years implementing draconian immigration policies designed to stem the inevitable flow of asylum seekers, refugees, climate and economic migrants. It’s not a good look from a hu­­man rights and freedom pers­p­e­ctive, but it does make the prospect of millions of Pakista­nis seeking refuge from their failed state less intimidating.
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

Didnt Pakis allows return of TTP members to Pakistan so that they can be used against India? Pakis jubiliation with Taliban takeover of Afghanistan was all India centric. Everyone from the top Army gernails to the Abdul on the street was in agreement. Against the Hindus everyone was together. Lal topi types were dreaming of Lal Qila. So why such a hue and cry now? I am sure Pakistan can sacrifice few thousand abduls for bringing this dream to reality.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

rajkumar wrote:Pakistan complains that #Iran has stopped 80% electricity export to #Pakistan without any notice due to pending payments

the pakis had joined the saudis in a clique against the eyeranians

It was a sectarian sunni shia thing

what did the grubby pakis expect the shia eyeranians to do, keep extending charity by way of free electricity to the sunni pakis

ever wondered why the pakis don't import petrol and diesel from eyeraan or the eyeraanians don't even offer to sell to them
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile: (No, I am not making it up)
Russian Ambassador Denis Alipov's following quote gets lots of attention:
"A weak Pakistan won't be better for India, Afghanistan"...
So he clarifies:
...Meaning destabilized Pakistan is not in the interests of any in the region. A strong anti-India Pakistan cannot be in the interest of any ...,
Link: https://twitter.com/AmbRus_India/status ... 3HTxjusMDg