Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

Post by ramana »

From a member:
In order to stay ahead of the curve, I suggest we start a thread on BRF regarding the approaching General Elections and the challenges already visible, and those that are likely to emerge in the run-up to the same.
I just read what someone wrote in the 'Understanding the US' thread about the Hindengerg Report being the American version of Galwan for daring to think independently.
Looking into what has transpired just in the last month and a half - Hindengerg, Soros, HiC, Ajnala and what have we, I think the opening shots, or rather an entire salvo, have already been fired.
JMTs
From me in the other thread:
Folks this thread is 373 pages long and is losing its focus.
So am starting a new thread to identify the challenges to the 2024 elections.
While India normally prepares for elections once EC declares the date looks like already London and New York have decided to interfere.
Not less a person than MEA Jaishankar said this.
Link to the last page of the previous thread for continuity:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7837&start=14880
Neela
BRF Oldie

Re: Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

Post by Neela »

Lets feed Dilbu well and make him run 20km a day from now onwards. We need him fit and healthy around 11/May/2024 or thereabouts.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Till then let's gather all the anti-India moves being made by BIF entities.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Feedback from a member.

Most of the posters on BRF post one-line rubbish whihc are clueless. They are NRI and have no idea of what is happening in infra and digital empowerment that Modi has unleashed. Even the posts they make on that is cut and paste from newspapers that do not send reporters to sites.
The next election is a referendum on this. Whoever comes if they do not deliver on all this will be kicked out. Thus the tech and economic section of BRF is the most important. Soros is completely unknown to the masses and yet members post so much rubbish. Again 2024 is a referendum on all the infra, water to households, digital services, etc

I suggest we do some thoughtful analysis before we post from other sites.

Why is it important to be posted?
Is it for awareness or action?
Is it already been posted?
What new thing does this post convey?

Let us avoid sky is falling type posts as substitutes for analysis.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

For example, Hindustan Times reported today that Modi promised lots on infrastructure to Karnataka.

Development of Karnataka priority for Centre: PM Modi | Latest News India - Hindustan Times

This can be dismissed as a pre-state election ploy but conveys the message that only the Center can deliver development and infrastructure.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

Ramana: I barely post 10% of what I know what is happening on infra, much that I post is overwhelmed by one line rejoinders. On skyscrapercity forum I have driven the discussions there on DFC, on roads and railways. If you look at these forums you can see something very interesting. In the 2008 era, either these fora were comatose with a post every week or what new trains are to be started. Nothing on amenities. Now the forums are extremely alive.

It is only the big stations and their fancy renders and Vande Bharat that gets talked about. That is because the average reporter sees that. But go to Hindi, Tamil and Kannada and Telugu newspaper the reporters there tell you a huge amount as they are really boots on the ground.
For example when doubling of a line takes place, all the old wayside stations in god forsaken places get torn down and new stations are built and platforms raised to standard height. The old frame lever systems get replaced by electronic interlocking and the rural community gets many station amenities unknown to them in 70 years. Pradahan Mantri Gati Shakti logistics terminals, kisan rail to transport produce from one part of India to another so that farmers earn more income and of course the DFCs have all changed rural India in a way that sees ZERO comment from anybody on this forum with their fixations and rants and for that matter in the English press with their agendas.

Just take this week, at least 10 important rail projects were completed NONE of which made any newspaper. Next week it will be the same.

As the end of March deadline approaches and zones are compelled to use up their money there is a crescendo of Commissioner Railway Safety inspections to open new lines, doubling and railway electrification. Any government that come after this one has a very high benchmark.

But people are people. Karnataka infra forums are full of complaining people, all the time complaining about this and that even if they are given fantastic things the Bangalore crowd complains. You think I am making this up. They got a new bus terminal a few days ago in Kalasipalayam in Bangalore. Before buses parked on the road and restricted traffic around a dirty, dingy terminal. Look at the spanking new terminal and listen to the interview of a citizen of Bangalore, he only complains and never once talks about the new bus terminal.
To me he symbolizes the problem in Karnataka. See this is what I mean. But this is the sort of clueless person one has to deal with in Karnataka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHNJbruzS4

I know the Gowda and Lingayat communities only too well and all politics in Karnataka begins and ends with this community of farmers. I seriously believe they do not even know Karnataka has a coastline and a major port Mangalore. The calls from the coast for a Tulunadu keep growing because of the shenanigans.

PS: Kalasipalayam bus station originally was designed by a Jewish German architect who fled the Holocaust. He was the nephew of the German Physics Nobel laureate Max Born. Max Born was in India at IISc and suggested his name to Mysore Maharaja and so Otto Konigsberger came to Bangalore. Many of his designed buildings have been demolished. He designed the old Aerospace department building in IISc campus and the wind tunnel lab. The pavilion in Sir MN Krishna Rao Park where Shiv lives and also helped to design housing post independence for the Govt. of India to house refugees who flooded India post partition. Town planning for the future capital of Odisha, Bhubhaneswar and the buildings of the Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) in Colaba in Mumbai at Homi Bhabha's behest. He also designed the Material Sciences and Metallurgy deptt building in IISc and the student canteen in IISc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_K%C3%B6nigsberger

PPS: Here are three of the 10 railway projects completed this week. 1. Jhansi to Kanpur 206 km is finally double lined 10 years late. An artery connecting North India to Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai it was at 200% over capacity and the deadly Pokhrayan accident early in Modi-1 took place on this route. Twice firms were blacklisted for non-performance. A major bridge across the Yamuna had to be built. One line is still over an 1883 bridge of the old Indian Midlands Railway. On Monday the last remaining 20km section for doubling went through safety inspection and now all 206 km is open for doubled traffic. It will also allow for better maintenance on a highly congested route which connects with EDFC outside Kanpur and a Gati Shakti container terminal where EDFC meets this line outside Kanpur which Dubai Ports wants to run.

2. The line connecting Mangalore to the Konkan railway runs through a tunnel built in 1970 by that old man I knew V. L. Roche. Went bankrupt building this tunnel. The tracks inside this tunnel have not been replaced for 40 years and there is a speed restriction of 20kmph for any train that comes along the Konkan railway and exits to Mangalore and Kerala. In the last 2 years doubling was done, a second tunnel excavated and when it was operationalized the old tunnel has been refurbished and old track uprooted and new tracks laid and soon speeds will be upped to 90 kmph at least.

3. In Karnataka maybe tomorrow PM Modi is going to inaugurate Sivamogga airport a pet project of former CM Yediyurappa. He will dedicate large sections of doubled line that finally double Belagavi to Bengaluru and the last 13km section was done in double quick time with line block and safety inspection taking place yesterday. Few days ago other sections of the Hubli to Miraj line were doubled leaving only a small 20km section for doubling and providing alternate routes for freight and passenger trains between Bengaluru and Mumbai. Honorable Railway Mantri is wrong here in his tweet it is Londa to Kudachi a distance of 155km and NOT 109 km as the tweet says, par kya karen,these people only read what their underlings tell them, cannot even read a damn map:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1629885779349749761

Almost 85% of the capacity addition on Indian Railways, lines to Northeast capitals and the rejuventaion of a dead DFC project under UPA where we now see a completion of the DFC projects by March 2024 are all due to one man Suresh Prabhu, no other railway minister had the foresight before and after him. Vaishnaw is just implementing Prabhu's program with some frills. Read it why believe me. PM Modi will also inaugurate kisan projects in Belagavi too. There is a desire to do much before model code of conduct comes into play.

Digital empowerment, jal jeevan and other programs have made a huge impact in rural India and in the urban poor. The effects of all this cannot be gauged sitting in a foreign country, boots on the ground....

For example in about a month 65 km of tracks will be doubled and speeds upped to 130kmph on the pilgrim circuit a sleepy branch line with god forsaken wayside stations and bad tracks. This is Lucknow--Ayodhya--Varanasi route. All those small wayside stations were demolished and new ones built, tracks improved to 60 kg/m density rails like main lines and lines doubled. VB can then be introduced. Pilgrims who travel on this route realize the convenience and saving in time. Other facets of infra are just too much to to detail here. In a year this pilgrim line will be doubled and maximum permissible speeds will be 130kmph. Not reported in the press so none of you know.

None know that the entire spine of India Delhi to Chennai is being tripled. Large sections in AP are tripled already and in MP and UP.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Brilliant posts, vsunder Ji! Always a pleasure to read them, though some of it goes over my head. Love the passion you pour into the subject.

I always had this question: why was Suresh Prabhu replaced? I felt he was doing a good job. But Piyush Goyal took over from him and now its Vaishnav. The latter two did/are-doing a good job but I never understood why Suresh was sidelined and we never heard about him again in any other portfolio
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Soros is completely unknown to the masses and yet members post so much rubbish. Again 2024 is a referendum on all the infra, water to households, digital services, etc
That might be true but remember one of his funded stooge actually participated in the fake farmer’s protest in Delhi and instigated them. Soreass is a pain in the behind and has some powerful backers who can cause social upheaval. For every Modi/Yogi there are dozens of Lalu, Mamta, Kejru,Mulayam,Pawar
Last edited by vimal on 27 Feb 2023 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

am unsure whether this is the replacement thread of brf's S&P, did not find any other relevant thread so posting here under the header: "youth manipulation and perception moulding - a stratagem for ensnaring the gullible for the upcoming election season and further"
from the hollowed stables of financial times, pioneers in doubleplusgood truth, a heart-warming tale of children taking on the bad government, very inspiring
https://archive.is/1bag2
In 2018, inspired by the teenage activist Greta Thunberg, 20-year-old Indian student Disha Ravi began organising climate change protests, tree-planting drives, and campaigns against environmentally damaging building projects. But, a little over two years later, after farmers protested against new laws, she was arrested and held in a New Delhi jail on suspicion of sedition — a crime punishable by life imprisonment.

Growing up as a young child, we lived in areas in Bangalore where water was not easily accessible, we’d get water in trucks and we’d pump it once a week or twice a week, depending on what we needed. Or my mom would actually go to a well and get it with other people in the neighbourhood . . . I thought this was quite normal until I moved to a region in Bangalore on the outskirts where water was more available.

We’ve built concrete jungles in almost all of India right now. So the water isn’t going into the ground. It’s flooding cities, which is what is happening in Bangladesh. The flooding that’s happening is because of terrible city planning and the increase in the amount of rainfall we will see. We could have still prevented it. But we built very bad and unsustainable cities..
DR: I think it was being in Fridays For Future [the youth-led climate movement led by Greta Thunberg, which organised strike action by school children ] that made me change.

DR: It was so chaotic . . . We just said, we want climate action now. And I think that’s kind of the beauty of it. Because you don’t need to know everything about the climate movement to be a part of it.

After that, we continued getting more people and doing more strikes. We learned how to do strikes better. We mobilised college students everywhere. There was a point when, in my home city, we used to have five to six strikes on one Friday in different locations. This was [the] peak time.
SM: The government intervened to block your website?
DR: The Ministry of Environment. We got a notice. The minister said that us sending them too many emails was a threat to “the peace and sovereignty of India”. Those were the exact words.
And that wasn’t the worst part. They put UAPA charges on us: this is the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, the most stringent of the criminal laws.
SM: Isn’t that law intended to be used for terrorists?
DR: Initially, it was supposed to be for organised terrorist organisations. But after You-Know-Who came into power, they extended it to individuals. So, now, individuals or organisations can be arrested under this law . . .
SM: Do you have a sense of why they got so freaked out?
DR: I have no idea . . . We panicked and reached out to the lovely people at the Internet Freedom Foundation. We didn’t know any lawyers! They came in and said they’d be happy to help us. They wrote a representation in response to the ministry, before any of us got arrested.
We also shared the information with the press, because you can’t put one of India’s more stringent laws on children for sending emails. So everyone’s calling the Delhi police — all the journalists — asking why. Within two or three days, they were under immense pressure. This was a time when a lot of people were seeing the softer side of our work. We were planting trees, cleaning up, and hugging trees. And they had put the UAPA on children who hug trees!
All these things helped people understand that we’re not dangerous. And everyone was furious.
Then we got a call saying it’s just a typo, it was not under UAPA! And then they withdrew the charges entirely. But I believe it was the first time we had come on the radar.
DR: My lawyers are brilliant, and they pushed for bail immediately when I got judicial custody — which is like ‘prison’ prison. I was put in what is said to be one of the nicest jails in India. And it was still horrible. I can’t believe that’s the nicest. There’s a toilet inside the room. And there are three people or four people in one room. This is during Covid . . . We don’t get a bedroom, there’s rugs. And that’s if you’re lucky. We were in the Containment Zone. I don’t know how it was supposed to be a Containment Zone because there are four people in my room in this much space.
DR: India was in the top 10 countries that are most dangerous for environmental defenders, according to Global Witness. It is true, it is very dangerous. It was scary, honestly, because it’s true. Activism or dissent of any form — not just environmental — has been criminalised through legal frameworks. Sedition is obviously one of them. But there’s worse: there’s the National Security Act, or the Unlawful Activities Prevention (UAP) Act, which is also in the non-bailable category.
I think the earliest I know that someone has gone on bail was a year without trial. And the trial takes ages. There was, I think, a group of Muslim activists that were arrested [and] 20 years [later] they were all acquitted [for lack of evidence] . . . That’s just what the UAP is for: to criminalise people without evidence.

DR: Environmental activism is very political because they have politicised air, they have politicised water. It has been done for years, for decades. They’ve been stealing land from indigenous people for decades . . . People are literally fighting for their land right now. Because they want to build coal blocks, they want to mine and get coal blocks up and running. And they’re just not just fighting by protesting over the world. They’re fighting with their bodies. They’re shot, and there are no records. They’ve been erased from people’s lives like they never existed. So it has always been political. They have commoditised the planet . . . They don’t see nature as something sacred. They only see water and land and soil as resources — something that they have to plunder. So that they dig out whatever is underneath it, and destroy whatever is giving life.
SM: What do you think they are so worried about? Why are they threatened by you?
DR: I have no idea why they are threatened by me! I described myself as a small fish to my lawyer. I do not know why . . . I truly cannot understand. I can think of so many activists who are doing so much more amazing work that does threaten the status quo. But my guess is I was used as the poster child for the youth movement, to threaten the youth movement. And it did work. We were scared. We were worried.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

after Barat Todo Yatra comes to an end now East to West Yatra on cards with NE in focus

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/k ... 2023-02-26
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Amritpal Singh: from a clean shaven cab driver in Dubai to Khalistan leader has ISI paw prints

https://www.news18.com/news/india/amrit ... 71105.html

“Groups like Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Khalistan Liberation Force (KLF) are getting together more often, trying to devise an altogether different strategy of smuggling drugs through drones. In August 2022, 38 kg heroin was seized in Punjab’s Nawanshahr from a truck coming from Gujarat,” the book stated.

“Pakistan-based KLF chief Harmeet Singh and Dubai-based drug dealer Jasmeet Singh Hakimzada are running a drug smuggling ring in Punjab to finance terror. With Pakistan’s role in J&K terror funding exposed, for Punjab, the drug route is used to wash off hands from financing terror in Punjab,” it states.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

If Hindu Rashtra is justified so is Khalistan https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... 44496.html

“When somebody says 'Hindu Rashtra' zindabad, what is 'Hindu Rashtra'? Where is it established? People don't feel threatened with it,” he said while also claiming that the idea of ‘Hindu Rashtra’ is totally opposite to the idea of 'Khalistan'.

"Hindu Rashtra does not include other identities, either you are a Hindu or dead. They don't give you options. The idea of Khalistan is so pure, it's idea is the raj of Khalistan," Amritpal added.

The 29-year-old pro-Khalistan controversial leader said that he does not consider himself an Indian citizen, calling the passport merely a "travel document" which does not make him an Indian.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

^ I think GOI should take note and strip is citizenship. I clearly calls himself non citizen. Thereafter he should be dispatched to his 72 .
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Or encourage him to contest elections. Let him find out how much support he truly has.

When he rejects the results. Only then dispatch him to his 72.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

@Prem Kumar Thanks. Suresh Prabhu was a Shiv Sena man who left the party so there was no love lost between Uddhav and Prabhu.At the time of the split UT made many demands and one was that Prabhu no longer be in the cabinet. Prabhu was already Commerce Minister and for unity removing him was a small price to pay for the BJP, so he was axed. He was a solid administrator because of his previous positions. He tried to devolve responsibility to zonal railways, but the mandarins of the Railway Board resented it and when Goyal was appointed, swayed him to return to the old system.

The next election will be in a large part of whether all the capex for infra which is massive this year and in previous years has changed the lives of the people. I am not saying other factors will not matter, but they will matter less than in previous elections, when Modi said that trust me I will deliver many things. After 10 years people see the trend now. Before it was something promised for the future. So in part 2024 is a referendum of what all the infra, delivery of power, water for households, management of Covid etc really has changed people's lives or no. CM's like Yogi who have seriously changed the law and order situation and have many projects in place will sway voters positively. Weak CMs will be problematic. It is those states that one has to worry about. Other states like Rajasthan will see what is happening in UP and ask why they have not risen too.
Last edited by ramana on 27 Feb 2023 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added bold ramana
Arima
BRFite

Post by Arima »

gakakkad wrote:^ I think GOI should take note and strip is citizenship. I clearly calls himself non citizen. Thereafter he should be dispatched to his 72 .
doing that will make paint himself politically exposed person which is almost a refugee status. many will take this route.
legally can India ask for recall of citizen back to India? and does it have obligation on the host country to push the person back incase it is requested?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

News Arena India@NewsArenaIndia

Hindustan Samachar replaces PTI as news source for Prasar Bharati.

Hindustan Samachar is considered close to RSS Parivar. Brick by brick new ecosystem is replacing old one.
I think when I whined too much, Ramanaji pointed out that we should think of solutions. Guilty as charged

I realized that we should think outside the box solutions. MAD is looking for solutions

PTI (cesspool of anti-nationals) is being side lined. We need to think of similar solutions in domains which we are well aware.
Last edited by vijayk on 27 Feb 2023 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks again we get dragged into petty weeds. The Khalistani movement is a pimple on Punjab that will get treated.
Please don't divert the big picture.
Arima
BRFite

Post by Arima »

we have effectively 6 month normal window before all politicos go into 2024 election mode.

congress road show didnt do much of dent in public image, anyway NH case is thr to checkmate any positivity around Raul.
compared to 2019 alliance of BJP has seen lose in Bihar, but ground effect of minorities consolidating with BJD JD alliance need to be seen, MH shiva sena saga is hopefully be SS BJP alliance.
Raj, MP should see BJP resurgence.
Orrisa should be a good show for BJP with president candidate and lot of positivity in the state rank and file.
south - Karnataka is a sore thumb for BJP as of now. major inroads possible in Telangana. TN is mixed bag with backstabber EPS of ADMK hesitant for BJP alliance.

strategically will Modi Shah bite UCC before the election??
Ram temple inauguration will be a major civilization moment for Hindus. will thr be any move in Waqf, Place of worship act?? we have a civilization aspiration here which is beyond 2024 or any party.
manage economy till 2024 Feb.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

The most visible improvement to people will be moving to better trains - like train 18 style trains across many more routes.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

It will be a referendum like @vsunder garu has argued

The opposition is countering it with the usual tactics
1. Caste based reservation in pvt sector + SP shenanigans in UP
2. Reverting back to Old pension scheme ( worked in HP)
3. Inciting states vs center arguments using language/ religion etc
4. Pappu has worked to make a more serious image of himself , I see several u tube channels picking up his line of monopolies/ Adani
5. BJP will also have to fight anti incumbency , unfortunately the first test will be Karnataka

Will all of this be enough to derail when Modi is on the ticket ? I hope not but we will see this line of attack from the opposition
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

The last trick is that Modiji is winning so you dont need to vote :(
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Pros:

Improved job scene with more investments (Huge capex) and Foreign investment
Infra
Make in India paying off dividends
Ram temple
Har Ghar jal

Cons:

Bharat todo yatra -2
Soreass/Adani
Opposition unity
china and deep state
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

$onia Gandhi is retiring and Priyanka will take Rae Bareli seat and she will be projected as Congress PM
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Soniaj is not retiring. The rumor was to test the waters.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

vijayk wrote:Pros:

Improved job scene with more investments (Huge capex) and Foreign investment
Infra
Make in India paying off dividends
Ram temple
Har Ghar jal

Cons:

Bharat todo yatra -2
Soreass/Adani
Opposition unity
china and deep state
Ashutosh of NDTV was whining a lot about how
BTY failed, Opposition is divided.

Per stock market experts Adani is coming back.

China will be on a wait and watch mode till 2024.

The NE four state elections show Tyranny of Distance is gone.
Exit polls show BJP retains power in 3 states and has significant presence in Meghalaya which was not there before.
Let the results come.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Soros hit on Adani is an American Galwan.
Or Karna using up Shakti on Ghatotkach.
Only Adani got rid of shares and is working with sovereign funds and is now stronger.

Instead of Indra Shakti, Soros threw a Brutus Fulmen in his Zeus mode.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

BJP will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((

To counter all the jinx created by you mullahs.
Pradyut
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Pradyut »

ramana wrote: Soros hit on Adani is an American Galwan.
Or Karna using up Shakti on Ghatotkach.
Only Adani got rid of shares and is working with sovereign funds and is now stronger.

Instead of Indra Shakti, Soros threw a Brutus Fulmen in his Zeus mode.
Next in line is Vedanta.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

From my conversations with friends and family back in Desh, and my own diverse observations, there is clear recognition of BJP Govt's focus and the results it has delivered on a set of core topics:

1. Development : Infra like roads, rail, telecom, ports, digital India etc. are galloping.
2. Pro-poor schemes : Free rations, Ujjwala, Swachh Bharat, Jai Jeevan, PMAY free housing etc. have indeed helped large sections of people across the country.
3. Corruption Free Governance : By and large across the board. No scams have happened in 2 terms which contrasts starkly with the preceding UPA decade.
4. National Security : Terrorist attacks stopped, Kashmir under control, NE militancy, Naxal menace, PFI etc have been curbed. But there are new emerging threats and separatist movements like Dravidianism and Khalistanis

And a set of non core topics :
5. Covid management: which is also recognised, but its glow is fading off, and many people may not recollect it as a major achievement of this govt when they go to vote over a year from now. Also Health Care is a state subject.
6. Dharmic Civilisational Agenda or Cultural Renaissance on which some notable things have been done, like Kashi, Ujjain and Ayodhya renovations, upcoming Ram Mandir etc. The impact will be strong in the North, lesser elsewhere.
7. Structural corrections : Significant achievements like Art 370, Triple Talaak, CAA, GST etc. I'm not sure how attached the electorate will still be 14 months from now. These wont be denied but might not remain in top recall or be the prime reasons to justify voting again for BJP. I get a feeling these cheques have been encashed in popular minds and the society has moved on.
8. Foreign Policy. Though it has immeasurable impact on most Indian's daily lives as events on 2022 have shown, its doesn’t get all the recognition it deserves. Balakot, China pushback are strong positives of course.
9. Economic Policy: Low inflation, lowered taxes on middle class, exemptions for Sr citizen, IT reforms etc. When the going is good, the govt gets less credit than the criticism it gets when there is economic decline.

This is broadly in my view, how the battlefield has been shaped by the BJP. We are still 14 months away and perhaps one or two of the 9 planks above my change relatively but for the most part barring some force majeure events, I believe this framing will hold. It can be expected that the BJP will play on its 4 core strengths viz. Development, Pro-poor schemes, Corruption Free Governance & National Security, and deservedly so, while rounding off with the rest to (re)create emotional connect on cultural and national pride.

Lets see how the opposition will try to measure up:
If the opposition parties fight the 2024 elections on a "development" plank they will immediately face the question, why they slept for 60 years before Modi era, and why they are so pathetic at state level development. They will also face questions on how they will continue the massive infra spend without falling into massive corruption like they have done during UPA govt. Opposition will struggle to convince voters that they can do simultaneously better on both development and corruption. Even TRS which has done good work in Hyderabad and around in terms of infra cannot claim to be corruption free. Most other regional parties will fail also to convince on general law and order, they can be credibly challenged by BJP govt on National Security and Foreign Policy, especially wrt cross border terrorism from Pak. Any criticism of the Govt’s handling of Covid will not get much purchase. They also dont have much to attack the BJP on structural corrections, CAA is in cold freeze, NRC will not come back before the elections. There will be the usual attacks like we are seeing now on Foreign Policy and Economic policy, but the BJP can easily defend itself. Civilisational Renaissance is a topic on which the opposition has zero arguments to make, they will side step it totally.

What field of play does that leave the opposition with? On what considerations will they try to stir the interest of the electorate that can equal or exceed the importance of these 4 BJP core strengths ?

Its not a surprise that opening shots like Adani was fired right now to see if it sticks and can be made into a useful plank. But it has failed.

Etat providence: One angle of attack left on the core topics that can address a large section of the electorate is to go overboard on pro-poor schemes, promising mirobolant freebies like free health care, insurance, extravagant farmer subsidies, universal pension schemes (we are already seeing attempts to revert to old pension scheme in some states). Many non-BJP states have taken to rebadge central schemes as state schemes and hoodwink the voters. But this will not be enough, and has the drawback of linking back to wide spread corruption.

Therefore, 2024 elections are going to be a battle that seems un-winnable for the opposition on traditional grounds, because it can do nothing significant to take away from BJP’s core strengths and achievements, and it will be on a weak footing even on non-core topics and will struggle to find favour with an increasingly civilisationally conscious and Dharmic oriented India.

Desperation leads to dangerous moves: The opposition parties will therefore try to reshape the battlefield by playing the division and hatred game. They will try to minimise Hindu vote consolidation behind BJP by stoking divisions along caste, language, regional identity lines and maximise non-hindu vote garnering behind themselves by portraying BJP as anti minorities, anti freedom of press and authoritarian. This is exactly the BIF agenda.

In conclusion, I expect these elections to be not only dirty but dangerous, attacking the integrity and identity of India itself. It will be a battle neither BJP nor Bharat can afford to lose.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Fire at Apple supplier factory in AP causes massive destruction of machinery worth a billion rupees. It’s begun the stop Modi campaign. South is no longer safe.

Apple supplier Foxlink halts production at Indian facility after massive fire

https://www.reuters.com/technology/appl ... 023-02-27/
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Se how Soros organization are penetrating state after state and even conning BJP. Very scary. Even Govt. has no idea.
They created Sansad Ratna giving awards to Parliamentary awards. Even BJP parliamentarians gettign awards and Modi congratulated them. But the awards are not official and money is distributed to people.
Lot of foundations are created to distribute money.

The final analysis it is Kerala folks involved in every anti-national act - JNU, Central Univ, Chennai IIT ... everywhere it is same trouble makers and Kerala is being ignored.

Please view this whole thing. We need solutions to this. They are creating a disinformation campaign to attack every institution
greatde
BRFite

Post by greatde »

My bacha analysis or whatever feedback with my circle of people is about, pro BJP ppl actually turning out to vote will decide it all. It could be complacency, or it could sheer oversmartness. I still hear hilarious arguments that Modi losing is good for democracy. Then, there are many “Uddhavs” among our ranks, who just want self importance and could switch sides.

Political, its still about action and reaction. Ppl talk about democracy, yet its innovation that truly matters. The opposition lacks it, and sells the same old leaders & ideas. Thus, they are fundamentally reactive mode , and their own actions, rallies fail to truely impact. Whereas , BJP often have new ideas. Yet, the loophole is street power; and that brings the government always reactive mode and defensive.

Similarly, globally, the government is reactive mode, and without much allies against much bigger forces. So come 2024 Feb, who is action and who is reactive will set the tone. Development as much as it impacts, is no match for the main driver of Indian voters which is emotions.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

I wanted to do a SWOT analysis. But realized on this forum threads, everything which is a Strength and an Opportunity will be argued threadbare and turned into a weakness and a threat.

So what's the point on doing a SWOT analysis. Just do weakness and threats. In fact, why even do threats? Just do weakness only! Simple list.

So here is some highlights of the weakness list, gleaned from some posts above this post (and with all apologies to the posters):
1. government is reactive mode, and without much allies against much bigger forces
2. Se (sic) how Soros organization are penetrating state after state and even conning BJP. Very scary. Even Govt. has no idea.
3. The final analysis it is Kerala folks involved in every anti-national act - JNU, Central Univ, Chennai IIT ... everywhere it is same trouble makers and Kerala is being ignored.
4. Fire at Apple supplier factory in AP causes massive destruction of machinery worth a billion rupees. It’s begun the stop Modi campaign. South is no longer safe.
Last edited by disha on 01 Mar 2023 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Dilbu wrote:To counter all the jinx created by you mullahs.
I think the anti-jinx should be updated to "We will identify weaknesses only :((" and hope that the posters also help identify strengths and opportunities.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

My request to the posters, please go easy on Shalya mode. Please bring in your inner Bhim or Nakula or Sahadeva or Arjuna.

Here is something in the news https://news.abplive.com/karnataka/pm-m ... on-1584813

While inaugrating the ShivaMoga airport, PM Modi announced the PM-Kisan 13th installment.
We have transferred Rs. 16,000 crore to farmers from across the country from here eliminating the middlemen. Had it been Congress' rule, over Rs. 12,000 crore would have been lost out of Rs. 16,000
I think common folk see this:

Strength: Zero Corruption

Given that Mr. Handsome from AAP is now caught in a bottle, it will be difficult for AAP to cross the boundaries of Punjab and Delhi.

And here is the opportunity in NE:

1. MaoMata is not able to gain space in NE. Will wait for the results from Tripura, Nagaland and Meghalaya. All indications are that BJP has become a very strong contender here.

Now here is the thing, with Congress ceding space and MaoMata not gaining any in NE, the impact on 2024 is tremendous. That is, the regional parties will throw their weight behind the big Kahuna. And you-know-who-it-is.

Opportunity in NE: TINA at Center

TINA: There Is No-other Alternative
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

gakakkad wrote:I think GOI should take note and strip is citizenship.
If he is a naturalized citizen of India (i.e born in India, and parents are Indian citizens) his citizenship CANNOT be revoked. Our own Constituition does not allow that.
Arima wrote:legally can India ask for recall of citizen back to India? and does it have obligation on the host country to push the person back incase it is requested?
It can by cancelling the passport of the Indian citizen and asking the country which issued the VISA to deport him back to India. But there has to be extradition treaties with the other country. Many Sheikdoms have this treaty already in place and many such deportations also have happened. Many at times not to cause any embarassment to the other country, the state police often makes an official report that "XYZ was found waiting for a bus at the Airport after he arrived from ABC country. He was arrested as an accused in DEF case, and taken into police custody". Truth would be that the police reception committee would be there right at the aero-bridge.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

vsunder wrote:Ramana: I barely post 10% of what I know what is happening on infra, much that I post is overwhelmed by one line rejoinders. On skyscrapercity forum I have driven the discussions there on DFC, on roads and railways. If you look at these forums you can see something very interesting. In the 2008 era, either these fora were comatose with a post every week or what new trains are to be started. Nothing on amenities. Now the forums are extremely alive.

It is only the big stations and their fancy renders and Vande Bharat that gets talked about. That is because the average reporter sees that. But go to Hindi, Tamil and Kannada and Telugu newspaper the reporters there tell you a huge amount as they are really boots on the ground.

The old frame lever systems get replaced by electronic interlocking and the rural community gets many station amenities unknown to them in 70 years. Pradahan Mantri Gati Shakti logistics terminals, kisan rail to transport produce from one part of India to another so that farmers earn more income and of course the DFCs have all changed rural India in a way that sees ZERO comment from anybody on this forum with their fixations and rants and for that matter in the English press with their agendas.

Just take this week, at least 10 important rail projects were completed NONE of which made any newspaper. Next week it will be the same.

As the end of March deadline approaches and zones are compelled to use up their money there is a crescendo of Commissioner Railway Safety inspections to open new lines, doubling and railway electrification. Any government that come after this one has a very high benchmark.

But people are people. Karnataka infra forums are full of complaining people, all the time complaining about this and that even if they are given fantastic things the Bangalore crowd complains. You think I am making this up. They got a new bus terminal a few days ago in Kalasipalayam in Bangalore. Before buses parked on the road and restricted traffic around a dirty, dingy terminal. Look at the spanking new terminal and listen to the interview of a citizen of Bangalore, he only complains and never once talks about the new bus terminal.
vsunder Saar,
Happy to see you posting back with more info and this post kind of answers a part of my question i think that i asked you in the railways thread.
But we would be missing a few things/thoughts if we are not going to take Soros threat seriously. Ofcourse, Soros or the Ford foundation, Omidiyar Network or any other assorted folks/group may not fight elections in India and the common man in India may not know them, but these people are funding snakes like that lowlife Yogendra yadav, or Sc lawyers cabal to file PIL's over every other frivolous cases citing one thing or an other.

There has to be atleast social media chatter on many of these things that are supposedly taking in shadows to effect a regime change. The normal new TV channels will never discuss anything positive about the govt and sometimes you need the common man to be aware of the same. Just talking about development in infra will not give the majority to the NDA or BJP. We have example of Vajpayee India shining moment, the motivated tehelka and coffin scam cacophony and your often cited example of Manoj Sinha who had done a lot of development work but yet lost to the SP 'goonda' as you had put it. even in the example you quoted the Karnataka man didn't speak about infra per se.

this infra push is icing on the cake and the cake still has to be on the everyday issues for common man, The opposition parties are targeting positive aspects of the Modi govt. - Non corruption in governance and this Adani thing tried to portray that PM was helping him somehow. the Nat Sec issue with pappu and that Owaisi fellow braying about why talks with chinese, a bridge built on finger regions, Demchok, just throw them out (one fellows party signed an "alleged" MOU with CCP) how many news papers or channels have questioned congress on this? I was watching ANI podacst and Smita Prakash wasn't able to counter Owaisi strongly on the chinese issue who was going on and on without full truth.

the telugu news channels cannot see beyond the TDP, TRS/BRS and YSRCP party and regionalism, BJP is non existant in public mind other than as some kind of cheaters even with all the infra development done by them. And my extended family with all their education is an example of this.

the post by ricky_v about the disha ravi who was running some crap about dictator (forgetting the laws that were broken by their protests) are all things that need to be thread bare in the open in public space and these snakes should be exposed as hypocrites like the Medha patkars, Teesta Setalvaads before them.

Added later
The self proclaimed fighter for justice, fair play, any policy of mine to make India number one and messiah and soon to be established Indian Justice League led by Kejruddin and handsome descendant of Maharana Pratap Sisodia who is currently in judicial custody, there has been nary a discussion on their outlook and bankruptcy of their policies in the media in general and many people still think AAP is some kind of saviour due to lack of coverage of their black deeds in the same media that they seem to have bought with ad money and space.

this is what we are dealing with.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Soros's threat is taken seriously. Even JS mentioned it in a roundabout waay saying Elections already started in London and New York. The common factor is Soros.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Another encroachment........

MoiiiLards will have say in every thing , but MoiiiLards will just appoint each other's sons & daughters among themselves.......

Chief Election Commissioner, election commissioners to be appointed by a panel of PM, CJI and leader of opposition: Supreme Court
TIMES OF INDIA.COM / Updated: Mar 2, 2023, 11:49 IST

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Thursday quashed the the present system of appointment of Chief Election Commissioner and the election commissioners and ruled that a panel of Prime Minister, Chief Justice of India and the leader of opposition will make these appointments.

A five-judge constitution bench in a unanimous verdict agreed with the plea that the process of appointment of CEC and ECs should be done like that of the CBI director to make the commission more independent and to prevent any kind of interference in its functioning.
"Purity of election process must be maintained to preserve democracy otherwise it would lead to disastrous consequences," the top court said.. The top court held that elections should undoubtedly be fair and the buck stops with the ECI to ensure that purity of poll process is maintained.

Founding fathers of the Constitution left it for Parliament to frame law for appointment of Chief Election Commissioner and ECs but political dispensations betrayed the trust and the law has not framed in the last seven decades, the court said.Founding fathers of constitution neither said about Collegium System The Constitution bench said that democracy is fragile and would collapse if lip service is paid to rule of law. :evil:

What happens if there is no LoP? The top said if there is no leader of the opposition, leader of the single largest opposition party in Lok Sabha will be in the committee to appoint ECs, CEC.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 354211.cms