Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

Post by ramana »

The SC ruling is a hit on Constituion. No govt will sit and take it.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/himantabiswa/status ... 4820630528
Himanta Biswa Sarma @himantabiswa

First foreign agents target us!
Then our own targets us on a foreign land!

Rahul Gandhi’s speech at Cambridge was nothing but a brazen attempt to denigrate our country on foreign soil in the guise of targeting Adarniya PM Shri @narendramodi ji.
Rahul says manufacturing isn’t conducive in democracy.
Rahul even admits he is fascinated by China and Communist party members have shaped his thoughts.
Rahul praises China as an aspiring superpower, cites Belt and Road initiative (BRI) as an example
Rahul goes on to say China not believing in Intellectual Property Rights is a profound and powerful concept.
When do we confront this dangerous fellow? ... He is openly egging on US to intervene. He is pimping for China.
Openly works with Soros and jihadis and khalistanis ...
Aditya Pittie @PittieAditya
i
"A nation can survive its fools & even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known. But the traitor moves within the gate freely, his sly whispers heard in the very halls of government itself."
Marcus Cicero
Last edited by vijayk on 04 Mar 2023 04:15, edited 1 time in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

ramana wrote:The SC ruling is a hit on Constituion. No govt will sit and take it.
The fact that no one from Govt. even responded shows they knew what is coming and not saying a word
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

All five judges on the bench should be impeached for that.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

This can not go unchallenged. Timing and methodology should be at the discretion of GOI, but they should not go unchallenged. It was done with malicious intent. It is not justice, but one-upmanship with the executive. Done by unelected and perhaps undeserving people (and yet powerful), that is adharma right there, a ravana or a duryodhana, which we have been taught must be defeated. But please fight to win, not to make a point.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

^^
Taking this further Fanneji
The GOI is in a bind is it not??
G20 event Sep 2023
State elections in 2023
And then Gen Election
So an Ordinance after Sept 2023 will become a major issue for elections
And if I may ask a question: if a law or ordinance brought after 2023 and elections under such Ordinance
What happens to the results declared under such Ordinance if its struck down later in 2024
Will the Govt then be dismissed???
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk wrote:
ramana wrote:The SC ruling is a hit on Constituion. No govt will sit and take it.
The fact that no one from Govt. even responded shows they knew what is coming and not saying a word
vijayk ji,

There is nothing new or novel in this ask

This very proposal was mooted in a committee in which LKA was a member and he demanded just such a provision.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/a ... 2023-03-03

During the Constituent Assembly debates, what came up was the person to be appointed CEC or EC should enjoy the confidence of all political parties and be approved by a two-thirds majority in both Houses of Parliament.

Dr Ambedkar moved an amendment and inserted a line that the appointment of Chief Election Commissioner and election commissioners shall be made by the President “subject to the provisions of any law made in this behalf by Parliament”.

That law was never passed.

The Congress-led UPA government had in 2005 set up the Second Administrative Reforms Commission under the chairmanship of Veerappa Moily to revamp the public administrative system.

The Veerappa Moily commission in its report in 2007 recommended that a panel led by the prime minister and including the leader of the opposition in the Lok Sabha select the candidates to be appointed the CEC and EC.

Referring to the Veerappa Moily commission report, BJP leader LK Advani had in 2012 written to then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking a panel for the appointment of the CEC and ECs.

LK Advani said that the system wherein the President appointed the top members of the election commission didn't evoke confidence among the people.

Advani, who was then the BJP Parliamentary Party chairman, batted for a panel, comprising the PM, Chief Justice of India, the law minister and the leaders of Opposition in both the Houses, to select the chief election commissioner and the election commissioners.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:All five judges on the bench should be impeached for that.

collection from WA.

It came in bits and pieces.

Modi's new parliament complex has not been readied as a memorial. The next delimitation exercise is due around 2026 and 2024 is vital from that very standpoint.
2024 is of great significance simply because of the delimitation that is to happen after 2026. By any chance, if secular forces get an opportunity they will destroy India as we know it today.

The dravidians are already having wet dreams about the chaos that they will be able to create. The abrahamics will slot in quickly and follow suit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delimit ... n_of_India

"Union of (Princely) States" & "Basic Structure of the Constitution"

These are two terms that are going to be used extensively to undermine Indian democracy. A deep and very high stakes game is being played here by the BIF.

The correct question to ask today is to seriously query the premise that the PM and the LOP are partisan but only the CJI is neutral.

The CJI will only be considered a neutral only if his own appointment is through a transparent process. In the present opaque system that is being followed, every CJI will be suspected of being partisan and also beholden to the system that elevated him/her
in a democracy, true transparency in public office is the cornerstone of the republic that ensures egalitarianism, equalitarianism, independence, universal franchise, and enlightened consensus.

On these foundations among others, the civilized state stands proudly. pappu and his pals have been chipping away at it now for some years

The dravidians are another street gang that are going gung ho on federation, and not union narrative.

Funding is anyway coming out of the same BIF pocket.

and also, the BIF puppet masters are slowly being revealed as the focus starts to shift from foreground to background. This is not by mere happenstance.

It looks like the cheeni got in on the ground floor, gaining first mover advantage by signing the MOU
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Consider the following points:

1) The constitution suggests (but not mandates) that a law be framed for CEC election
2) BJP had asked for such a setup when they were in the opposition (& when Congoons were appointing crooks like Chawla)
3) The SC decided to go rogue and frame a rule, that by its own admission, is only interim till Parliament passes a law (thereby firing across the bow, forcing the Govt to act eventually)
4) The CEC term is valid for a couple of years (post 2024)
5) GOI is busy with 2023/24 elections
6) This is not a topic that even remotely affects electoral outcomes
7) Politicians are thick-skinned and don't mind even insults (unlike us) - they are tuned to thinking votes almost 24x7
8 ) This Govt believes in acting at a time & place of own choosing. I have never seen them take a bait
9) They have not taken the SC to task so far and I don't think they will do so in the next 12 months, unless the SC does something stupid that will impair the re-election prospects

Based on the above, we can expect the Govt to brush this off, maybe make a few noises but do nothing substantial. They will pass an ordinance or law before or after 2024 GE, thus making the SC order redundant. But they won't pick a fight with the SC now.

Its not the way I like it. But this is the way its going to be.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk wrote:Image
Things are getting serious.

They seem to have pulled out all the stops.

Looks like the BIF have invested heavily in pappu and are building him up with a professional grade image makeover.

Makes eminent sense for the BIF to prop up pappu, because otherwise 70 years worth of ecosystem build up, along with media and civil society infrastructure that has ben painstakingly and expensively nurtured, and also commie, naxal and lootyens foot soldiers at the ready and always at the dynastie's beck and call to
take to the streets and spread mayhem, would have gone to waste

The britshit parliament deal for pappu was already a done deal.

Hence the mafia mamma mia had hired a suit from sadar bazar for her ladla and got his beard trimmed.

The britshit deep state is directly involved in this electoral weaponization of pappu. Not hard to guess which other deep states are also in bed with the US/UK/EU combine which are all gunning to replace Modi and hobble the Indian civilizational state by playing the abrahamic card
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Who gathers around the village idiot and claps? Useless faltu people who are idiots themselves.

Just sit back and enjoy the memes biratherlog !
A Deshmukh
BRFite

Post by A Deshmukh »

Prem Kumar wrote:4) The CEC term is valid for a couple of years (post 2024)
all good.
but we have to be wary of any other plans BIF may have - bumping off or accidenting the current CEC. or tarnishing him with a scandal that forces him to resign. this is not outside of the intent or capability of BIF.
I would prefer SC order to be neutralized proactively, before any untoward incident.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

chetak wrote:
vijayk wrote:Image
Things are getting serious.

They seem to have pulled out all the stops.

Looks like the BIF have invested heavily in pappu and are building him up with a professional grade image makeover.

Makes eminent sense for the BIF to prop up pappu, because otherwise 70 years worth of ecosystem build up, along with media and civil society infrastructure that has ben painstakingly and expensively nurtured, and also commie, naxal and lootyens foot soldiers at the ready and always at the dynastie's beck and call to
take to the streets and spread mayhem, would have gone to waste

The britshit parliament deal for pappu was already a done deal.

Hence the mafia mamma mia had hired a suit from sadar bazar for her ladla and got his beard trimmed.

The britshit deep state is directly involved in this electoral weaponization of pappu. Not hard to guess which other deep states are also in bed with the US/UK/EU combine which are all gunning to replace Modi and hobble the Indian civilizational state by playing the abrahamic card
Pappu is God's gift to India. We should make him the pregident of Conki party soon. That will ensure Modi 3.0. So if the Brits want to do us a favor please go ahead.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The Indian diaspora could be rounded up by the Hindujas who still back the Congress. Don't forget they were big in every scam during Rajiv Gandhi time. HDW, M2K, etc. etc.

Besides could be all his benami property owners who gather to give nazrana to the neo-Mughal.

Also, British Parliament must be delusional to give a platform when RaGa misuses Lok Sabha to give tirades.
They know FTA is still under negotiation.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

https://eurasiantimes.com/indian-suprem ... c-country/

The headline is misleading but do read, the SC's Quixotic quest to appease Congress's lack of electoral resonance with the Indian public.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Williams, Please don't justify RaGa's Mir Jaffer actions.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

fanne wrote:
MH my echo chamber looks easy for BJP. I hope the BMC election happens soon and gives us the information on which way wind is blowing. It is wrong to be drunk on your own Kool aid (or assumption). It is a big state with potential for BJP and allies to be at 40+ in LS. It would be very bad to be rudely surprised here.
By poll wins by ruling government has never been a good yard stick to measure its popularity. On many occasions the ruling party has won bypolls just a year before general assembly elections and lost the GAE.
However, ruling party losing bypolls is not a good sign and may show underlying issues. Jharkhand govt is unpopular and will lose the next LS poll, as Ramgadh by election result shows. Does losing this Pune seat show the same for BJP combine in MH? To dismiss this will be short sighted. The take away is not that BJP will lose only, but what is going on and from here what can be done to make sure results of Maha are as per expectation.
Comments on Maharashtra:

It is now well accepted that both 2014 and 2019 saw Hindu vote consolidation in support of Modi/NDA, cutting across "caste". This disrupted all the usual "arithmetic" that INC+NCP count on.

The temporary problem after 2019 was that Thakre shifted over to the UPA camp. Adding the votes of his supporters made it hard for BJP.

That problem is being fixed now, with the recent realignment of SS with BJP and Thakre being totally sidelined and denuded. It will likely take a few months to fix the organizational machinery and get the two parties to work together again at ground level. I venture to say that in LS election, voters would still vote heavily for Modi no matter whose side the SS was on. But that is irrelevant now since things are becoming all right again. Both Farnavis and Shinde are dedicated people and will deliver results in LS 2024.

Finally, the last 9 years show very clearly that voters differentiate between national and local issues when deciding to vote for Modi/BJP. Stark examples are all over the place, in every kind of state: DL, RJ, KA, JH, CG.

Of course local issues (like the civic condition of Pune pointed out by posters) are important. Anecdotal information without historical context is not very useful. For example:
- What was the condition of Pune in 2014 as compared to now?
- Did it get worse by 2019 ? And what effect was seen in the LS 2019 ?
- Who do people blame specifically and the root causes ?And will that translate into fewer votes for Modi ? (my contention is No)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

All giving gnan here: How many listened to his Cambridge speech now on Youtube?

https://youtu.be/Jc03lDGoONE

gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

^ the speech seems to be China sponsored. The thing he said about China is exactly the same at the ccp white monkey shills says.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Transcript of this speech. Didn't notice new ideas, but some criticism of the PLA towards the end and a pitch that manufacturing can be possible in a democracy. Also bit at 44:51 looks like a pitch to re-shore manufacturing away from China.

---------------------------------

so before I start I'd like to thank the University of Cambridge I studied here and it gave me a lot in terms of knowledge in terms of understanding so it's it's quite a big deal for me to be standing here I've I've sat there I'd like to thank the judge business school the dean the faculty and students and I especially like to thank Professor Rao for having me here

00:00:34

I thought I would speak a little bit about India about what is going on in India and that's the bit that's the Bharat Euro bit and then I would talk about two Divergent perspectives on the planet the American view of things the Chinese view of things and how those two are playing out and then I'd conclude by giving placing some ideas on the table about how we can think about these two

00:01:04

Divergent objectives um forces the the thread the central thread is about listening and it's about listening at the individual level but also listening politically at scale so not just one person but listening to millions and millions of people and understanding how they are feeling and how they're responding okay and then also

00:01:31

Listening to different cultures which you are not maybe used to or I'm not used to and trying to get a sense of how they're seeing the world um and and trying to piece together where they are coming from so the the broad the broad idea is is one of listening um different cultures listen differently there's a very specific way in which the Indian culture listens and so I'll be

00:01:59

I'll be talking more about that I see I see a friend of mine a Sikh friend of mine you'll sort of get a sense of um of what I'm talking about um and it's also about what is going on at the international level and the risks that are potentially in front of us okay so we can start we can start with the the Bharat Journal everybody knows and it's been in the

00:02:28

News a lot that Indian democracy is under pressure is under attack right um I'm an opposition leader in India and we we're navigating we're navigating that space what's happening the institutional framework which is required for a democracy uh Parliament a free press the Judiciary just the idea of mobilization just the

00:03:00

Idea of moving around these are all getting constrained so we are we are facing uh we're facing an attack on the on the basic structure of Indian democracy in the Constitution India is described as a union of states and that Union requires a negotiation requires a conversation so it's it's slightly different than than different than other countries it's you

00:03:33

Can think about it much more at the scale of Europe right multiple different states much much bigger than Europe requiring a conversation and a negotiation to to actually move forward and it's that it's that negotiation that is actually coming under attack and under threat right here you can see that picture that that picture is taken in front of Parliament

00:03:58

House and that's where a whole bunch of opposition members of parliament were just standing there uh talking about certain issues and we were just locked up and put in jail and that's happened three or four times right and and it's happened relatively violently that's just an example and you've also you've also heard of the attack on minorities the attack on the Press so you get a sense of what is going on now the one way I like to think

00:04:27

About it is that Indian democracy is a public good okay because it is by far the biggest democracy uh at least 50 percent of people who live under in a democratic space live in India and so preserving and defending Indian democracy is more than just about India it's actually about defending the Democratic structure and the democratic system on the planet right um can we do the next the next slide

00:04:59

So that's that's what I described uh caption control of media and the Judiciary surveillance and intimidation I myself had Pegasus on my phone large number of politicians have Pegasus on my phone on their phone uh I've I've been called by Intelligence Officers who tell me listen please be careful what you're saying on the phone because we are we are sort of recording this stuff so this is a constant constant

00:05:28

Uh pressure that we feel cases on on opposition I've got a number of criminal libel cases for for things that you know should under no circumstances be criminal libel cases but that that's the story right and that's what we are we're trying to defend what we found is the opposition was that it's very difficult to communicate with people when you have this type of an

00:05:59

Assault on the media on the on the Democratic architecture can you go to the next slide and so we we decided to go back into Indian history and Indian culture and we decided to use a very powerful tool that has been used in Indian history called the yatra and that's that's Mahatma Gandhi doing a yatra against the British which which

00:06:31

Actually broke the back of the British Empire it's called the dandi yatra my Indian friends here will know about it and it was a it was a yatra that raise the issue of assault tax it was about 450 kilometers um the idea of a yatra it's not just a journey right uh it's it's a journey it's a conversation it's listening to people but at its heart

00:07:02

It's the idea of annihilating yourself so at the heart of the yatra is the idea that you attack yourself and you attack yourself by the distance that you walk by the pressure you put yourself under and that's the basic philosophy of a yatra and and the idea is that if you attack yourself and you shut yourself down you

00:07:32

Shut your ideas down then when someone speaks to you you will be able to listen to him or her more effectively that's the that's the broad philosophical uh idea behind it and it's it's it's there in a number of is there in a number of religious systems as well as an idea the idea of attacking yourself of annihilating yourself to understand to observe to listen and it also has to have a sense of perseverance yeah it can't be that you

00:08:02

Just do it for five days it's Gotta it's gonna hurt you it's going to be long and it's going to take time to the next one and so that's the yatra that we we started it started from kanyakumari in the South and it went all the way to Srinagar five months well actually four and a half months of continuous working four thousand kilometers 14 States 136 days nine languages multiple

00:08:32

Religions next slide and so we started on this we decided okay we're going to do this we got 125 core people and we said okay we start to walk and we had no idea frankly what we were getting ourselves into okay because I'm a runner so for me I thought to myself look okay we're talking walking

00:09:00

30 kilometers a day I run 10 easily so 30 can't be that difficult right a little bit of arrogance so I think this is not going to be a big deal and so we started and immediately we realized what we had got ourselves into okay because this was not actually about the distance at all right the distance was almost irrelevant it was about

00:09:26

The energy that was embedded in this thing right and the number of people the scale of the thing spiraled completely out of control so it went in our imagination it was 120 people working with you know three thousand two thousand people coming sometimes this became fifty hundred thousand people and when you get fifty hundred thousand people next to you it's not easy because you were just thrown

00:09:56

Around right and and the force the forces are very very big to give you an idea six people died okay walking this thing uh multiple people broke their legs arms and that that was the type of energy that was released what I did early on I I thought to myself okay so what is my responsibility in this what do I have to do and I I came out with the concept which was that um when we were walking and there's this

00:10:29

Massive group of people and this pressure I have to ensure that the space in front of me is safe right whether it's a woman who comes whether it's a young kid who comes whether it's a handicapped person whoever comes that person's got to feel that I'm comfortable and uh in this huge energetic system I'm safe that was my first idea and the second idea was which I told the guys working with us I said

00:10:57

Look whoever comes into this place must feel that they've come home right they should not they should not feel that this is a political rally they should feel that uh they've come to see their I mean there are many of us so they've come to see their brother or they have some to see their sister or they've come to see their mother and they should feel very comfortable over there and then when they leave they should have a feeling that I just left home

00:11:21

So we would we try to make it a a personal emotional connect with people that was just an idea and that's that's the idea here of creating this listening space can we do a next one and that's what the thing looks like right and that's uh so you you can see this the the the the space around me there and there's there's others who are working with me over there uh there you can't really see it and so

00:11:56

This is this massive pressure coming into that space right and these people are walking and then we are inviting them inviting them inviting them into the space and we're having these conversations which interestingly the moment we we come up with the idea of making it a home they stop being political discussions so what What was a

00:12:19

Political idea suddenly became a personal idea right and we started getting we started getting people who started talking to us about things that we never imagined that they would speak about right just completely as a politician we used to saying okay let's talk about employment let's talk about you know these these type of things and suddenly we were getting this emotional Outburst of people telling us

00:12:43

The most personal things you know when you when you meet somebody in in especially when you're a politician the first thing you're trying to do is you're trying to tell them that you understand their situation right and like even in even in business that's the first thing you're trying to say look I I know what your problem is I know how to solve your problem that's the starting point

00:13:07

Uh so when I began that was my idea you know somebody had come to me and I'm a farmer oh yeah your problem is you know with the seeds and your problem is you know the the fact that you're not getting your insurance money Etc these type of things and very quickly that just stopped because the number of people that I was dealing with we were dealing was just too much and the pain then what

00:13:36

Also started to happen was my knee started to give me trouble I had a old injury in college which had gone away and then suddenly that thing started up right so in my mind I was like okay I got to make sure that this is under control and frankly there's no much I can say now and I just got to listen to everybody and so what slowly started to happen is that my desire to speak just started to die

00:14:04

Right one because I couldn't speak to so many people and two because I was in pain and I was just like okay I gotta I gotta cruise through this thing right I'd get up in the morning I mean you can imagine if you have knee pain and you're like okay so how many kilometers do I got to go 3500 I mean how do you even come to terms with that right you're like my God right so this is as I was dealing with this

00:14:27

I I started to sort of go silent right and so I would I would speak to somebody I'd be it would be as if I was like a like a dark Lake I'd just be sitting there and silently and the person would be speaking to me and slowly I started to feel many things that I could not feel before right so for example a farmer would come he'd grab my hand and immediately when I grabbed his hand I could tell the suffering that he's been

00:14:57

Through the pain that he's been through the difficulty he's been through so you started to hear not just with your ears you start to hear with your hands you start to hear listen with your eyes you started to look you know you're walking with somebody and you can see that he's struggling so you start to get a sense of what this person is and where he's coming from very very deep sense of that I give you I'll give you the most shocking example of this and I

00:15:23

I said that these discussions started becoming very personal so we're walking and suddenly these two and and how you hear how you can hear in an individual right the voice of millions of people right that's what is a politician I think about how do I take what you're saying and say okay how do I now take it from there to what a million ladies are saying a million women are saying or what you're feeling how do I translate

00:15:51

It to what a million of 500 000 women are saying so I'm walking and suddenly these two girls come one of them grabs my hand on this side and the other one grabs my hand on this side and when they grab my hand I I feel something I've never felt before right in the hand I'm like what is this is strange the way they're holding my hand uh it's there's something strange in it right it's like

00:16:16

Almost like a desperate way of holding my hand so I look at the girl and I say tell me what's happened how you doing and she looks at me and she says well uh my sister and me that's the sister were gang raped by five guys so I you know this is not something this is not a personal conversation that you have with somebody you've just met

00:16:43

So I'm like look let's call the cops right that's my first reaction I'm like that's the real problem let's call the cops and they're like no please don't call the comps you can't call the cops cops and they're like well if you call the cops will be shamed and then the gold says and I'll never be able to get married so I said what do you want me to do

00:17:12

They don't call the cops so I was like okay so then what do I do if I don't call the cops how do I help you they're like no we just wanted our brother to know what has happened to us and I said yeah you've told your brother what's happened to you but now what do I do and there's nothing you can do and then they walked away right so now you extrapolate that

00:17:38

And you can see thousands of women who have faced something like that and you can see the pain that is there hidden you will see the difficulty that they're dealing with ah the other thing they said the other thing I thought when they walked away I was like my God so these girls have dealt with this and now they're going to deal with it for the rest of their life and they're never going to tell anybody

00:18:01

Right and I thought that's crazy but that's it right so these are the type of things that started to happen and and they started to change as a politician the way I look at people and the way I think about people and the way I react to people right almost like a like a silence in me there is just okay say what you have to say and I'm

00:18:29

Quiet and there's nothing I'm gonna say and tell me everything you have to say right and then once you've told me I'm not telling anybody right which is a which is a which is Trust so that that's what this what this yatra started to do and it started to happen with kids it's I mean I'm walking on the on this on this I'm walking and just to give you a flavor of India I'm walking and there are these little Beggars who

00:18:55

Come little kids and they come and they hug me and stuff so I'm I'm fooling around with them and another man comes and says don't do that so don't do what he's like don't touch them I said why he says they're dirty so as no you and me are dirtier than them right so so you can see then these these ideas that are floating around that suddenly you never heard them before you never

00:19:21

Heard or you didn't you didn't get the granularity of it anyway and then can we go to the next yeah so that that's a that's a seek mechanic uh you can see his hand there uh and this is a girl whose house has been broken uh whose house I think has been has been smashed anyway next now this is where the thing gets really interesting

00:19:50

So we are going through all the states and and Kashmir um is a state which is Insurgency prawn right there's there's a lot of violence there's been quite a lot of violence for many years in fact that picture there is me putting flowers on uh the spot where almost 40 soldiers were killed by a carbon some years back

00:20:15

So we go to we we arrive in Kashmir and Kashmir is this so-called violent place and as I am as I am entering Kashmir the security guys come to me and say listen we need to talk to you so what do you need to say and they say well look the thing is you can't work in Kashmir right uh it's not a good idea we're walking three days and we're working three days in the roughest districts so you can't

00:20:42

Work information it's bad idea so I'm like why can't I work in Kashmir and they're like well because you'll get hand grenades thrown on you so now I'm responsible for 120 people I'm working with right so I'm like look um let me go and have a little word with them and so I go and have a little word with him and say look they're telling us they're going to get hand grenades thrown at us and and they're like okay

00:21:04

And now that frankly I want to walk I mean you know if we get hungry days we get hand grenades so they're like yeah we should all walk and so we decide if we're gonna walk and we we start to walk and suddenly what starts to happen is these Indian flags start coming everywhere right everywhere they just start coming out right um the first day we

00:21:25

We are told about 2 000 people are going to show up and 40 000 people show up right and and that thing over there when I'm sitting on that on that jeep is because the police and security system just been overloaded and it's collapsed right because they just can't they can't manage they can't manage the crowd and if you look if you look carefully you'll see the Panic on the security people's

00:21:49

Faces uh anyway they they pull us out of that and say this just doesn't work we can't we can't go through this in this manner and then they the next day they set it up properly and then we we go through um that's us entering Kashmir whether where the mountains are that's on the first day and then the really interesting thing happens

00:22:13

So we've been told we're going to be killed are we walking and people are coming and then one guy looks at me and he says call me so I'm like come and the security people said listen please don't do this please don't call people like we walk here don't call people because this is this is putting everybody at risk so the guy says call

00:22:35

Me I say come so he comes so he comes starts walking next to me and he says Mr Gandhi you've come here to listen to us something like yes so he's like that's interesting he's like uh you really come here to listen to us and I'm like yes so he's like good and then he says um you see those guys over there and we're

00:22:59

Walking and he says you see those guys over there and I'm like yes who he's like those boys over there he's like the militants right now militants should normally kill me in in that environment militant should kill me and he says they're there and they're looking at you so I look at them and they give me this sort of I'm serious they give me this sort of look

00:23:27

And I'm like okay I'm now in trouble right because this guy's just told me this they give me this look and I give them just look back and then we carry on nothing happens right and and why I'm telling you this is because they actually couldn't do anything they actually didn't have the power to do anything even if they wanted to because I had come into that environment listening

00:23:55

And I'd come into that environment completely with no violence in me at all and and the vast number of people there were seeing that right so that that to me was an indicator of the power of listening and non-violence now uh what did we hear in in India the the main thing we heard that

00:24:24

And this you don't hear in the media in the media you have a completely different discourse going on you have Bollywood you have Cricket you have all sorts of other stuff what we heard in India is the main thing we heard is unemployment that India is simply not producing the jobs it's youngsters need period at the end and that's everybody all the young people okay so I want you to I want to leave you with that now let's let's go

00:24:51

To the next so now let's move to the two Divergent ideas that are that are the many ideas but the two that are big and the two that are that are powerful and playing out the idea of the United States and the idea of China and we know that the United States

00:25:18

Is the dominant superpower Global superpower and it's had a record since the 1940s of enabling large amount of prosperity and growth okay and it's done that it's done that in a democratic environment used to produce and it used to produce in a democratic framework and that's quite an important

00:25:49

Thing in my view The History of the United States everybody knows uh people went from Europe people went from England because they were persecuted so the idea of individual freedoms very very deep in America um and the Americans at least with their citizens will protect that idea very firmly and very strongly

00:26:15

And the other idea that's that's Central to America is the idea of openness the idea that anybody can come into America and Anybody Can Dream the American dream I I was educated there and I remember being surprised at how open it was I'll I'll give you an anecdote my father had just died and I had been killed and I was in America in college

00:26:42

And I was a bit upset so my my guardian told me to come from Boston to Atlanta and I remember three or four in the morning I got up took the cab to Logan Airport and there there was a Haitian Haitian taxi driver and I started talking to him and he said you know America's given me my life America has given me everything I have I

00:27:10

Had nothing in Haiti and I came here and they treat me love me and they treat me with respect and I'm part of the American dream and then I walked out to the on the curb and as I was walking out I pulled my suitcase out and there was a guy standing there and he had these suitcases in front of him so

00:27:31

He said which airline are you flying and I I was a bit suspicious I was like why is this stranger asking me which airline am I flying and I anyway I hesitated and I told him and he said oh you can do curbside check-in and he's like well you can just leave your bags here now for me this was just like a mind-blowing idea right like I leave my bags here okay all right so I was like no he's like no no you can leave your

00:27:57

Bags here so I'm like okay so who are you and so he pulls out his uh Airline ID and I'm like okay that's interesting and I'll leave the bags and then I walk off and I walk off I remember I remember asking myself when are these guys going to check my ID right I had a passport and my college ID and when are they going to check my ID and they didn't check my ID

00:28:21

They didn't check my ID right into the plane this was pre nine nine eleven so maybe a lot of you guys a lot of you guys don't remember this but haven't felt this but I was like what's going on right and why are these guys not checking this ID in my own country they check my ID right they'll ask me for the passport immediately and here they're not what is going on and I remember sitting on the plane saying my God this is an amazing place

00:28:44

I've come here come here a few months ago and they've let me through the airport they've not checked me and they trust me they believe in me right and to me those two ideas of the core of the idea of America they will make you feel comfortable and they will protect you okay in America in America not outside America often okay outside America they can do bad

00:29:11

Things to you sometimes but in America they will protect you okay and to me that that's the central central idea of the United States and it's a very powerful idea and it it's been successful and it's and it's basically built a superpower it's built an engine that has allowed people to come in huge amount of uh Innovation huge amount of technical technological advancement

00:29:38

Many many positive uh spillovers but now there's a problem and in my view there's two problems one problem is that Post 9 9 11 that that idea that anybody could just walk into America has been challenged questioned has been question questioned directly by Bin Laden by by putting planes into the World Trade Center by generating huge amount of anger and fear and that that is had a result the Americans are

00:30:17

Absolutely correctly they're concerned about people who come in about what they might do and you can see that with the whole Homeland Security uh you know the X-ray machines at the airport all that going on that's that's basically the idea that you can't just come into America like you used to okay so that's one big change that's taking place and the second really big change that's taken place is that what used to be the

00:30:45

Strength of the United States the the idea of production in America the idea of manufacturing in America has simply left it's just gone away from America it's gone somewhere else where's it gone uh can you do the next slide where's it gone it's gone here right and it's gone to the aspiring Global superpower which today dominates production okay now

00:31:15

I've read quite a lot about the Chinese I've studied them I've spoken to uh senior leaders I've spoken to uh people who think about China I'm not an expert but I have a decent understanding so so bear that in mind now the way the Americans value individual liberty

00:31:44

The Chinese value Harmony they they are not individual liberty is not Central to their idea okay their idea is much more about uh the society being in harmony because they've had massive Tremors right they've had huge amounts of pain they've had Revolution they've had Civil War they've had the cultural revolution so what they don't want is that things

00:32:14

Go out of control that things spiral out of control and disorder comes which is legitimate it's time it's as legitimate as individual liberty is for the United States for them one one conversation that I had really struck me about about China and it's it's shaped how I think about it okay and the conversation was with with a is

00:32:51

A senior gentleman of the Communist party and I asked him I said tell me what is China right I said is China a country oh he says yes and I said okay is China a nation and he said yes I said no but give me a Chinese explanation of what you are and so he says look Mr Gandhi I'll explain it to you he says the Yellow River comes down from the Himalayas it flows

00:33:20

Down and it has unlimited power it has unlimited energy in it he says if Chinese civilization orders itself and organizes itself effectively which it does on the coast mostly it can harness the power of the Yellow River and when it harnesses the power of the Yellow River effectively China Rises

00:33:47

He says sometimes what happens is the Yellow River comes with all its energy and China cannot organize itself to harness its energy and then there is disorder in China and the end have a can and then flows into the sea and is wasted and I thought this was a completely different way of thinking about a country then anything I had heard from

00:34:17

Any Western politician I'd never heard anything of this of this type right if you ask if you ask American politicians what is America's Land of the Free right they don't they don't start talking to you about the Mississippi River and that's why I never heard it maybe they do okay but so so China looks at energy China looks at flow China looks at processes

00:34:45

Right and China tries to shape them now if you if you use that metaphor you can see some of their actions flowing out of this right you can understand now what the Belton Road looks like and why it does what it does because Chinese Chinese the the Yellow River Flows this way Chinese civilization uh harnesses the energy and then the

00:35:14

Energy flows right back into Asia right you can understand what the three gorgeous dam is right and and I get the sense and maybe I'm wrong but I get the sense that the infrastructure that you see in China the railways the airports the dams they're actually in in the Chinese mind they are emerging from nature they're emerging from the power of the river

00:35:45

And their in a sense China sees itself as a force of nature right and is embedded in nature whereas the West America does not see itself as embedded in nature it sees itself as placed on top of nature okay now this completely changes how you think about things and this explains to me at least why the Chinese would be so interested in harmony and why uh in in how they would think

00:36:19

About it there's another conversation that for me was absolutely fascinating and I started I I when I get into conversations I tend to pesto people ask them silly questions and stuff so I started asking this other gentleman about IP right and I said look what do you think about IP and he's like no we completely agree with IP and IP makes sense intellectual property is fundamental and I asked him a couple of

00:36:49

Times and then he made two very interesting observations so he says to me in the middle of the conversation he says Mr Gandhi people don't people don't invent things emerge right completely different viewpoint in the United States Steve Jobs invent something in China things emerge meaning processes happen

00:37:20

And then out of those processes things come out and he says why should somebody who is anyway he says even if things are invented why should someone who has invented something have Perpetual rights on it so what if he's invented it why should he have a monopoly on the benefits of that thing

00:37:49

To me this was quite a profound statement and I said to him look the logic is that you you give them the right to give him an incentive so that he invents again right I said how do you think about incentives he says we're very simple the person who runs fastest wins

00:38:15

Right we don't really care if he invented it if he can run fast enough and other people can't catch up with him that's good enough incentive for him right so here you see two completely different ideas one that they are a force of nature and two powerful ideas as powerful as American ideas for them right and two that

00:38:42

People don't actually inventing things processes energy things are emerging from processes and energy okay and this this makes their world view completely different one last thing the organizing principle of the United States and something that you're very very intimately associated with is the

00:39:09

Cooperation your your lives will all be about cooperation most of them will be about corporations and you know sales and marketing and elements of a cooperation and that's that's how America organizes itself and I think embedded in this is the central innovation of the Chinese pre-collapse of the Soviet Union they were two organizational systems on the planet

00:39:40

Broadly there was the American system Western system with the corporation and there was the Soviet system and in those days the Chinese system with the state did what the corporation did does and post the collapse of the Soviet Union can we can we go ahead is that that um no I think they removed that quote post the collapse of the Soviet Union the Chinese did something very

00:40:08

Innovative and if you've heard the quota you might have heard a quote by Deng Xiao ping saying that it doesn't matter the color of the cat as long as it can catch the mouse have you heard that quote so I think what he was saying in that quote was that actually we will organize ourselves using the corporation just like the West

00:40:30

Right but we will do one further thing inside the corporation we will embed the Communist Party hmm so it's a it's a hybrid it is exactly like the United States as far as the cooperation is concerned and then it's got a magic trick in it which is that inside the corporation is what they call the instrument of the people what

00:40:57

We call the Communist Party of China right and and this does something fundamental what it does is it allows the Communist Party of China to have a full Monopoly on information in the country which the government of the United States doesn't have or the government of India doesn't have or the government of most other countries doesn't have because there's a separation between the

00:41:21

State and the cooperation and this gives them a a huge advantage in artificial intelligence it gives them a huge advantage in in all sorts of in cyber warfare etc etc that's just I'm just placing that on the table so those are those are the two broad ideas one is the maritime idea the other is projecting um right through Asia the Belton Road

00:41:47

And the contest is basically is the planet going to be terrestrial is it going to remain Maritime what's going to be the balance in China sees itself as dominating the terrestrial space and and contesting the maritime space that's that's how it's playing out now to the conclusion so a couple of things are very clear the first thing is that there's a huge communication gap between what people

00:42:14

Are saying and what the media invested interests are saying it's just completely Divergent right and that's a huge problem because at least at least in our country uh and I'm sure in the west there's a there's a disconnect between what people are actually feeling and what the media is saying they're feeling okay that's a problem

00:42:40

Second thing everybody knows that huge amount of inequality is being created at least in the western world and in India a huge massive concentration of wealth massive concentration of income in India unemployment so the worst thing that can happen is these two ideas collide with each other right because then everybody's in trouble and that's something that uh is not in

00:43:08

Anybody's interest right these these ideas have their place they're not going away anytime soon but if they Collide it's a huge catastrophe we have the next slide so there are there are two things that to me are quite obvious number one that with the technological advances that are taking place with the communication system the fact that the world is

00:43:35

Getting hyper connected weird the planet is basically becoming like an organism like a connected organism with a nervous system right and that means things will move very very fast um it's I mean I don't want to use a a bad analogy but um cyanide kills you in seconds because it uses your nervous system right and it

00:44:00

Kills you with almost no no energy it requires very little energy to completely wipe you off so so that's the space we're heading where where things will move very very quickly and they will infect everything very fast right so the first thing we have to think about is the need for a global immune system that listens very fast to escalation that is uncontrolled and Ukraine would be an

00:44:26

Example right we're sitting here Ukraine just keeps escalating keeps escalating nobody actually knows where it's going to end so those in a in a hyper-connected world that's a very dangerous thing and you need institutions and you need thinking that says okay these are the type of things that we Tamp down immediately so that's one one idea and the second idea which I think is fundamental and goes back to the point I

00:44:51

Raised about India being public good and being the biggest democracy in the world we simply cannot afford a planet that doesn't produce under Democratic conditions okay because if if democracies do not start producing again right they will not survive because because the tensions that will arise inside the Democracy the inequality that will arise the anger

00:45:20

That will arise will just collapse the democracy so what is required is new thinking about how you start to produce in a democratic environment which is completely different than production in a coercive environment in in a coercive environment what you're basically doing is your a a factory a production unit has a huge amount of

00:45:50

Social political energy inside it and what you're doing is you're forcing it closed inside the structure you can't do that in a democracy so that conversation between labor and capital has to happen has to be a negotiation right and I think that's where a lot of the thinking has to happen how do we how do we start to produce again in a democratic environment and how do we manage the negotiation between the structures in the factory so that uh

00:46:18

They can they can happen in a democratic structure otherwise in my view democracies are in trouble in big trouble right and and that the good news there is of course technology will help you decentralization will help you decentralization of power will help you so so I think things can be done now that couldn't have been done 10 20 30 years ago in terms of technology in terms of decentralized manufacturing in

00:46:44

Terms of the structures that you need for that negotiation but I think that's where a lot of the conversation has to happen and finally for me as a politician ah the idea of listening observing and doing it persistently quietly is very powerful and I think these ideas Divergent ideas they need to also spend some time listening to each other uh one muscle one mustn't say that oh this is wrong and that is right

00:47:13

Everybody has his own way of doing things but I think one must give space to the other and say okay what is that other person doing and and that that requires a little bit of the idea that I mentioned at the beginning this idea of and highlighting the self right I'm gonna keep quiet um I'm going to curb my desires I'm going to curb my imagination and I'm going to listen to the person in front of me with

00:47:40

Compassion with affection and see what he's trying to say and listen deeply to what he's trying to say I think that would be very very good for the planet thank you [Applause] thank you did I overshoot okay all right thank you questions of the right wing in India full of key institutions like the media and the judicial

00:48:37

So so when you when you when you look at these things seriously um you you have to go past you have to go past the idea of the right wing and you have to go into what are the forces behind that structure right so what is what is causing what is causing that sort of change

00:49:04

Number one massive concentration of wealth in few people's hands number two complete control of the media as a result of the concentration of wealth and number three the lack of production in India right so if you have people working in factories right they can organize themselves politically and if you can organize yourself politically you can get a counter Force

00:49:36

To right-wing mobilization the problem is the bulk of India's people are unorganized labor so it's very difficult for them to organize they want to organize they understand the need to organize but because they're completely separate they can't right so that's that's really how to think about it what would you say to the voters of the

00:50:12

Proposing party to help reach differences opposing party you mean the the people in power I mean I can say a lot they don't listen I keep saying it they don't listen so so I think can you show me that picture of the of the large crowd there not that one that's a different type of crowd that's a different type of crowd I think it's yeah uh

00:50:59

This one so this is mass mobilization right and this is this is actually how you fight politically now in a in a world where the media doesn't work uh the way you fight is by mobilizing large numbers of people it's it's difficult it's tedious it takes time but that's the only that's the only way it you you have to go through the street right oh and that

00:51:28

And there's a lot that can be done using that that system right I'm in fact surprised that it's not used more in other countries I I wonder about it right because it's actually quite a simple thing to walk um across India it's not a complicated thing right and it's a very very powerful thing um and it so it's it's about allowing people to express themselves right how do you heal

00:51:59

Um I think this is healing I think this really heals because when somebody comes out and says look I had the opportunity to say what's in my Heart by the way I had BJP guys coming here I had BJP people coming up to me and saying what you're doing is good what you're doing is good for the country right large numbers of them right because even they understand at least at least the sensible one understands understand the risks that

00:52:24

They're sort of pushing because in a in a hyper-connected world you you you sort of create too much polarization you get a massive backlash and it can be very bad the next question is can you tell a few good policies oh this is quite a popular question no see the problem the problem is that if you fundamentally disagree with the foundation of something

00:53:00

Right uh I mean I could I could think about it and say yeah okay maybe that that policy that he's done is not a bad policy right um maybe maybe giving giving ladies gas cylinders or giving people bank accounts it's not a bad thing it's a good thing but that sort of misses the point right because in my view Narendra Modi is destroying the architecture of India

00:53:30

So I'm not too bothered about two or three good policies that he's doing if he's blowing my country to Smithereens or our country to Smithereens right and I think that's what he's doing I think he is he is imposing an idea in India that India cannot absorb right India as I said is a union Estates it's a negotiation and if you try to force one idea on a union it'll react

00:53:57

Right I mean I've got I've got a Sikh gentleman sitting here right he's he's from the Sikh religion he's uh he comes from you come from India he comes from India right we've got Muslims India we've got Christians in India we've got different languages in India right they're all India Mr Narendra Modi says he's not Mr Narendra Modi says he's a second class citizen in India right I don't agree with him

00:54:26

Now if your disagreement is so fundamental then really talking about three policies that he that you agree with I sort I think this is the point how do I understand what India's place in the world is somebody once uh told one of India's leaders do you lean left or do you lean right

00:55:00

And she said we stand straight so India's place in the world is when India is successfully expressing herself right not himself herself because I I fee I I believe that India has a a feminine Essence a feminine quality and when India is expressing herself freely and all the people of India expressing themselves freely then naturally what

00:55:34

India does is correct famous political family making your world connected but still retain a sense of self no I come from a philosophy in India that aims at destroying the self so that's uh that's just the the political philosophy I come from I mean that's a that's a sort of more nuanced point and a sort of nuanced question I fight for an idea

00:56:15

Right and I I'm not too bothered about where I come from who I am who my father is grandmother I don't care I I think that there are certain ideas that need defending and I defend them and I I try to think about I try to think deeply about what is happening I try to be compassionate I try to understand other people's perspectives but then I defend the ideas I I believe in

00:56:52

How does it provide opportunities for corporates business Etc I think that in the 21st century the idea of brain drain is outdated because uh would Bangalore have happened if brain dangerine If brain drain didn't happen I don't think so because the people who created Bangalore first left India and went to America and then went

00:57:24

Back to Bangalore so the question is not about brain drain the question is are you able to create the conditions in India that bring people brings people back are you and and this is something I think the Americans used to do very very well right people people people don't just go to America because it's a nice place people go to America because it allows you to fulfill your or used to allow you to fulfill your dreams uh included you embraced you so those

00:57:54

Are the type of values that make people go to places and if India does that and if India is open to people and is easy to work in people go back hmm I mean I I do believe that it's very important that Indians go out and learn about the rest of the world I think would be a disaster if India suddenly said look we don't want to go out at all and we don't want to learn anything we just want to learn uh back home I think

00:58:24

Would be a disaster so I think the idea I mean what you're doing is is a very powerful thing you're going to see a different culture you're meeting other people who have completely different ideas and then you take some of these home so I think that's a good thing [Music] what's your vision of tackling these issues on groundwater groundwater I mean that's

00:58:56

A that's a that that takes us back to the idea of production in a democratic environment right and production in a democratic environment is much more complex than production in a coercive environment because essentially in the coercive environment you're not allowing the negotiation you're shutting the negotiation down right I mean

00:59:21

With all due respect um the the pla takes care of the negotiation uh in China right of the of the of the social pressure of the factory the social pressure the factory is taken care of by the pla now if you have such a force that takes care of the production negotiation that force is going to control your government so if you if any country decides that

00:59:49

Look what we're going to do is we're going to coercively control manufacturing well it won't be a democracy because the people who will coercively control it will take over the country right so production in Democratic Labs difficult it's not easy it's been done the Germans do it very well uh other countries the Koreans do it the Japanese used to do it America used to

01:00:11

Do it very well right but it needs a new imagination it needs uh you get you get many benefits from democracy that you don't get from coercive sort of manufacturing right now can we construct a system where you can actually manage that negotiation effectively and and have large-scale production maybe decentralized in the Democratic world I think you can do it and I think frankly I mean one of the

01:00:41

Reasons I'm saying this I think India is the prime place to do it it is it is the best place on the planet to attempt it uh there are there are many different models possible in India there are 30 different states I think it can be it can be done there successfully Punjab the water problem is an agricultural problem and it's it's because of um

01:01:04

Essentially too much wheat and rice being grown there so you have to change the agricultural cropping pattern which is very complicated because it's sort of it's sort of linked to something called the MSP which which is a technical thing and we don't want to go there um thank you very much thank you it was an absolute thank you thank you foreign
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Glad I wasn't there to suffer through it. But parsing this distasteful psycho babble may give us clues to where the next set of attacks on Bharat will come from.

Cambridge can be proud of the turd they have produced.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

A Deshmukh wrote:
Prem Kumar wrote:4) The CEC term is valid for a couple of years (post 2024)
all good.
but we have to be wary of any other plans BIF may have - bumping off or accidenting the current CEC. or tarnishing him with a scandal that forces him to resign. this is not outside of the intent or capability of BIF.
I would prefer SC order to be neutralized proactively, before any untoward incident.
This is exactly my thought.

PAPPU is not even trying ... no campaign in Gujarat, Tripura, Nagaland, Meghalaya.

Is it possible there is a plan to use CJI to do constitutional coup before elections and then justify worldwide by imposing sanctions etc?

I still feel that MAD is under estimating what these people are trying to do.
Last edited by vijayk on 05 Mar 2023 03:33, edited 3 times in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote:Glad I wasn't there to suffer through it. But parsing this distasteful psycho babble may give us clues to where the next set of attacks on Bharat will come from.

Cambridge can be proud of the turd they have produced.
Cyrano ji,

someone else has written it for him and he has made a right dog's breakfast of it

he also had a slide that, among other things, praised china's "freedom"
"distasteful psycho babble"
is just the right phrase to describe his pretentious fulminations.....
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk wrote:
A Deshmukh wrote: all good.

PAPPU is not even trying ... no campaign in Gujarat, Tripura, Nagaland, Meghalaya.

Is it possible there is a plan to use CJI to do constitutional coup before elections and then justify worldwide by imposing sanctions etc?
a military coup is impossible, and that leaves us open to a judicial coup
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

chetak wrote:
vijayk wrote:

a military coup is impossible, and that leaves us open to a judicial coup
Perhaps.

But, the GoI does have the right to declare a state of emergency. And, it has been declared before.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Judicial coup ...

They just made a law ... EC members and CEC will be appointed by PM, Leader of Opp and CJI ... who the hell are they?

They will make up some laws

If they think PAPPU can't do and Kujli is in jail or goign down, they might even get rid of PAPPU to force a civil war like they did in Ukraine
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

chetak wrote:a military coup is impossible, and that leaves us open to......
Better be careful with the wording of these kind of statements generally.

In a hypothetical scenario, anyone who tries this will not have the support of the rest of his/her colleagues, nor of the enforcement machinery which is not under their control but rather under control of the Executive branch - and will soon find themselves in Tihar jail awaiting trial for treason.
Last edited by KL Dubey on 05 Mar 2023 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

vijayk wrote:Judicial coup ...

They just made a law ... EC members and CEC will be appointed by PM, Leader of Opp and CJI ... who the hell are they?

They will make up some laws

If they think PAPPU can't do and Kujli is in jail or goign down, they might even get rid of PAPPU to force a civil war like they did in Ukraine
Relax. All GoI has to do is let the media have some talking points and do nothing. How is the Supreme Court going to enforce this law that is made from thin air? In the meantime, GoI knows the gloves are off and they will be planning the next assault. It should be done in such a way that GoI should not be directly involved. Slap a few corruption cases on the judges. Pappu made similar noise in 2019 about the Rafale deal etc and then fell flat. Civil war etc in such a large country is simply not possible. By now GoI knows all the BIF tricks.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Pretty good analysis on Pappu's Cambridge speech
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Indeed. It is an SC order, not a law (only the parliament can bring laws). The government can very well cancel this order by bringing a law. Also it has no impact on the current CEC who will serve till 2025.

What's next ? Demanding the same procedure for election of the President and VP, i.e. the electoral college should include all SC and HC judges too ?

Sarkar should nip these tendencies in the bud by bringing a clear law that puts Milords in their place.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://ethnicstudies.ucsd.edu/news-and ... index.html

Check the video

According to BJP spokesperson

"Rahul Gandhi is most dangerous man in India! He points to a Sikh & Muslim in audience, he asked same question, are you from India? Men response. Rahul saying did you know that in India, Sikhs, Christians & Muslims are classed as 2nd class citizens?"
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Curious.

Why do we still accept the word "caste", when it does not even exist in our dictionary?
The root of caste is the Latin castus, which means "chaste" or "pure, separated." The word arrived in English through the Portuguese casta, which means "race" or "lineage," and was first used in the 1700s in reference to Hinduism's system of social stratification.
When we have literature to back up our cause, why are we adopting and accepting foreign "stuff"?

Another word I detest is "Sir" or "Madam" - a very frequently used word/s among our YTers. Even retired people from the Indian Armed Forces use it - liberally !!!
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

in telugu

1. Soros worked with Indira. When he turned against her, she ignored him.
2. Bhindranwale first propped up by Indira and when Soros funded him and he turned against her.
3. AAP funded by Soros
4. Soros via Singapore NGOS routed money to Sonu Sood during COVID and his sister was given ticket by AAP
5. Mann was also decided as CM by them only
6. Amrit Pal Singh was funded by Soros
7. Deep SIdhu was also funded by Soros but was not aggressive enough. So he was murdered and Amrit Pal was introduced
8. Soros wants to make sure Kejriwal is arrested by CBI (he will get easy bail) not ED (he will not get easy bail)
9. West wants Modi out because they think they can't influence him on Russia
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Interesting insight into how BJP is preparing to win the 100+ seats where they were placed 2nd or 3rd in the 2019 LS elections; in addition to 303 they already have. Its in Hindi

Narendra Modi's Mission 400+ Plan For 2024 Lok Sabha Elections | Dr. Manish Kumar | Capital TV
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

A serious question about Raga's rant :
is he batting for Soreass or for Emperor Xi
The reason I ask is revelations of Abe regarding QUAD and Mauni's reluctance to join compared to NaMo's enthusiasm
Yes Soreass wants a change of guard but the big winner could be XI
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

A time now to question Cong about the pact signed by RaGa and CCP??
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... -war-brics
print-icon
India: The Next Front In The War On The BRICS
During the Trump years the “I” in BRICS, India, was slowly working its way under Prime Minister Narendra Modi back into the West’s orbit. It led to me thinking that that “I” had been replaced by Iran, especially pre-COVID-19.

Today with the ascendence of Lula to the presidency in Brazil, the BRICS have, for now, lost the “B” in their alliance. So, with all of the talk about the BRICS coming into their own as a global economic and political force the situation is far from settled because the West and Davos are simply not going to let this just happen without a fight.
This brings me back to India as the wildcard. Modi’s journey from a guy with one foot on two islands (East v. West) to planting his feet firmly with the East has been an interesting and vital one.

If we’ve learned nothing else over the past year of war in Ukraine it is that most of the world is unphased by threats by the US by the countries I’ve just discussed. Iran clearly doesn’t care. China understands that if Russia falls militarily, China is next. Saudi Arabia and the rest of OPEC+ understand who their future trade partners really are.

This is why India is now in the crosshairs of Davos. They are the last major power in the region left to stymie Asian integration

another take on the same subject I recommend you read Andrew Korybko’s piece from the same day on this subject, digging up the building propaganda campaign against Modi starting with the NY Times, passing next through the BBC documentary and ending with Soros’ Munich speech.

The need to cleave India from the BRICS is now acute. The war in Ukraine is reaching the next phase as Russia forces what’s left of the Ukrainian army from Bakhmut clearing the way for Russia to establish logistical dominion in the center of the Donbass.

Because of this there is an even greater sense of urgency within Davos to upgrade not just Ukraine but also pick a new fight with China. The clock is ticking down on the old financial system. The end of LIBOR is nigh.

The bodies are piling up in the Fed’s war on leverage as high as the ones on the battlefield in the Donbass. Malign actors like Soros may still they have the ability to avoid these things but, in the end, they are fronting strength while privately they are freaking out.

I’m no expert on Indian politics, but from the commentary I’ve seen, this opens up the possibility of Modi gaining a super-majority in next year’s elections. Regardless of whether that is true or not, what we know now is that the next year will be a minefield as Davos throws its weight around to topple another government it does not control.

The question I leave you with is will this be another Hungary, where polls had Viktor Orban in a tight race with Davos’ Anyone-But-Orban coalition only to see Orban cruise to his biggest victory ever, or will it Brazil, where the campaign against Bolsonaro was just strong enough to remove him from power
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByRakeshSimh ... 5892951041

Pappu has a plan with support of US and SC
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... -war-brics
India: The Next Front In The War On The BRICS
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
SATURDAY, MAR 04, 2023 - 11:30 AM
Authored by Tom Luongo via Gold, Goats, 'n Guns blog,

There is far more to the current multi-modal geopolitical war than just what’s happening in Ukraine. This conflict has led to a myriad of downstream effects and moves which are just as important as what the encirclement of Bakhmut means.

For years the wildcard in the BRICS Alliance has been India. India’s rivalry with China as well as its complicated relationships with both Russia and the West have always served as wedge issues to drive the alliance apart.

During the Trump years the “I” in BRICS, India, was slowly working its way under Prime Minister Narendra Modi back into the West’s orbit. It led to me thinking that that “I” had been replaced by Iran, especially pre-COVID-19.

Today with the ascendence of Lula to the presidency in Brazil, the BRICS have, for now, lost the “B” in their alliance. So, with all of the talk about the BRICS coming into their own as a global economic and political force the situation is far from settled because the West and Davos are simply not going to let this just happen without a fight.

The relationship between Russia and China is dominating the headlines with major US officials making significant threats to China, in particular, about supporting Russia. These threats are, of course, very real, coming from people like Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Secretary of State Antony Blinken.

At the same time, they are also not overtures to real negotiations. Making demands that only promise the abeyance of the stick with no carrot is not an opening offer, it’s a closing offer.
So, while Yellen travels to Kiev to pledge Zelenskyy unlimited support of US taxpayer funds while the “Biden” administration dithers over how to deal with the situation in E. Palastine, Ohio, tells us where the priorities of our leadership is.

Winning the geopolitical war must take precedence over everything else, even if there is no real ‘country’ left after the war is over.

There is a saying by Sun Tsu making the rounds today in social media that is wholly appropriate here:

“An evil enemy will burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes.” – Sun Tzu

This describes the actions of Yellen, Blinken and their fellow travelers in Europe perfectly. Now, I know this is not news to anyone who’s read my work for the past few years. You know I view them as vandals, not incompetents, but it’s important to keep this in mind at every step in this march towards global conflict.

Because this is the way most of the BRICS nations and their growing list of sympathizers also view the situation. Russia has made this very clear. Vladimir Putin, his Foreign Minster Sergei Lavrov, and former Prime Minister Dmitri Medvedev, have all expressed this.

The longer this conflict goes on the more adamant about these points they become. The same can be said for China and its leadership.

China says less than the Russians do, but does more with who they choose to talk to and when. Foreign Minister Wang Xi’s recent visits to Moscow and Tehran further cemented a triangular foundation of support. These visits were contemporaneous to the convocation of warmongers in Munich two weeks ago. That was not an accident.

Neither was Premier Xi’s visit to Riyadh and the major Arab summits where he made sincere overtures to welcome them into the forming pan-Asian economic sphere. Don’t think for a second these events don’t have knock-on effects and reverberate in national capitols all over the world.

We’ve seen a spate of major announcements further underscore just how far along the entire BRICS project, with or without Brazil, is.

This brings me back to India as the wildcard. Modi’s journey from a guy with one foot on two islands (East v. West) to planting his feet firmly with the East has been an interesting and vital one.

If we’ve learned nothing else over the past year of war in Ukraine it is that most of the world is unphased by threats by the US by the countries I’ve just discussed. Iran clearly doesn’t care. China understands that if Russia falls militarily, China is next. Saudi Arabia and the rest of OPEC+ understand who their future trade partners really are.

This is why India is now in the crosshairs of Davos. They are the last major power in the region left to stymie Asian integration.

Reports circulated the same weekend as the Munich Security Conference that none other than George Soros was behind the attacks on PM Modi through a report from Hindenberg Research. They targeted one of Modi’s big financial supporters, Guatam Adani William Engdahl covered this in detail.

In January Hindenburg targeted an Indian billionaire, Gautam Adani, head of the Adani Group and at the time reportedly the richest man in Asia. Adani also happens to be the major financial backer of Modi. Adani’s fortune has multiplied hugely since Modi became Prime Minister, often on ventures tied to Modi’s economic agenda.

Since the January 24 Hindenburg report alleging improper use of offshore tax havens and stock manipulation, Adani Group companies have lost over $120 billion in market value. Adani Group is the second largest conglomerate in India. Opposition parties have made a point that Modi is tied to Adani. Both are long-term friends from Gujarat in the same part of India.

But Engdahl doesn’t stop there. He very smartly ties this to George Soros’ speech at Munich, you know, the one he skipped this year’s WEF conference in Davos to give. Soros called out Modi directly saying his days were numbered and he’s no ‘democrat.’

Soros is beyond being coy about these things anymore. He’s telling you what he’s doing.

RT ran a similar story, much more focused on Soros and the Indian Foreign Minister’s response to him the same day as Engdahl’s article:

Soros said during the Munich Security Conference on Thursday that fraud allegations against the multinational conglomerate, headed by the PM’s long-time associate Gautam Adani, would “significantly weaken Modi’s stranglehold on India’s federal government… I may be naive, but I expect a democratic revival in India.”

Those comments didn’t go unnoticed in New Delhi, with Jaishankar firing back on Saturday at the 92-year-old billionaire and neo-liberal political activist. The foreign minister described Soros as “old, rich, opinionated and dangerous” because he’s willing to invest his money in “shaping narratives.”

“People like him think an election is good if the person they want to see wins and, if the election throws up a different outcome, then they will say it is a flawed democracy,” he added.

For another take on the same subject I recommend you read Andrew Korybko’s piece from the same day on this subject, digging up the building propaganda campaign against Modi starting with the NY Times, passing next through the BBC documentary and ending with Soros’ Munich speech.

The need to cleave India from the BRICS is now acute. The war in Ukraine is reaching the next phase as Russia forces what’s left of the Ukrainian army from Bakhmut clearing the way for Russia to establish logistical dominion in the center of the Donbass.

Because of this there is an even greater sense of urgency within Davos to upgrade not just Ukraine but also pick a new fight with China. The clock is ticking down on the old financial system. The end of LIBOR is nigh.

The bodies are piling up in the Fed’s war on leverage as high as the ones on the battlefield in the Donbass. Malign actors like Soros may still they have the ability to avoid these things but, in the end, they are fronting strength while privately they are freaking out.

Moreover, global opinion of the West’s potency as seen through the lens of Russian potency has shifted in a way that make the decisions of Asia’s leadership that much easier.

https://t.co/ROXleR4gBe pic.twitter.com/Ug1YRqEjXb

— Regina (@ReginaMourad) February 26, 2023

These results are themselves revelatory of the biases within the populations polled, especially in the heavily propagandized West. But those from both Turkey and India are eye-popping and confirm my long-held belief that once someone finally stood up to the US and Europe and survived it would radically change the psychology of the geopolitical game board.

One only need to look at how brazen Davos’ moves are, how heavily they are flooding the zone with headlines, emerging crises, and easily-debunked lies to see what’s really going on.

In light of that it should be noted just how ineffectual Davos’ moves against Modi and India have been. The recent regional elections in three important Indian provinces left the clear impression that Modi’s influence over electoral politics is still very much intact.

Modi has made it a point to engage the northeastern provinces, normally ignored by Indian politics, to entrench his hold on power in India. This is clearly his counter-move to anything the West would attempt to throw at him.

I’m no expert on Indian politics, but from the commentary I’ve seen, this opens up the possibility of Modi gaining a super-majority in next year’s elections. Regardless of whether that is true or not, what we know now is that the next year will be a minefield as Davos throws its weight around to topple another government it does not control.

The question I leave you with is will this be another Hungary, where polls had Viktor Orban in a tight race with Davos’ Anyone-But-Orban coalition only to see Orban cruise to his biggest victory ever, or will it Brazil, where the campaign against Bolsonaro was just strong enough to remove him from power.

Game on, George.
The Sun Tzu quote applies to Rahul Ghazni's Scorched Earth danda yatra.
He has corraled the sleeping agents in Supreme Court and deluded media like Coupta.