Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

Post by chetak »

williams wrote:Congi tactics seem to be bizarre. Even Lutyens Media is reluctantly covering their so-called protests. I am not sure who came up with such a brilliant idea of protesting a court decision. BJP is using 3rd or 4th level spokespeople to respond to it and they are focussing on Karnataka. I am not sure what is the use of all this drama. Perhaps they can now file a stay and then declare victory once the stay goes through? I am not sure people will be that stupid to not see their antics.
williams ji,

KAR is the much sought after and new ATM for the congis

It's vital to head them off at the pass and deny them the sustenance for 2024 battles.

This time, it looks like the congis are using a different strategy for 2024 and fighting on a lesser number of seats and thus concentrating on the ones where the winability factor is high.

The win in bigger and also richer states will yield copious resources. After the long drought from 2014 onwards, the congi war chests are running very low.

But huge gold and drug smuggling into India has resulted in BIF treasuries filling up very nicely.

To access those BIF resources, the congis will have to show that they are still big players and are still capable of winning important elections

pappu was literally singing for his supper at cambridge with his pathetic dog and pony show

There is a lot at stake both inside and also outside India. Large geo economic and geo political forces are looking for a Modi less outcome so they can get back to their pre 2014 days to tailor trade and market forces to their liking, without interference from India's national interests getting in their way and upsetting their apple carts.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

g.sarkar wrote: This brings back very ugly memories of 1975, I was in my 4th year of Electrical engineering (of a 5 year course). The fact is that normal laws do not apply to the Gandhi family, they are above it.
I entered the five ECE engg. program in 1975. I attended a rally in district HQ in AP. IG was supposed to come and deliver a speech at 2 PM or something like that. She arrived around 12 midnight. The crowds waited for those many hours. You have to give it to her. She had a charisma none others had. AP went to Cong(I) but center went to the short lived "Janashaa paartee".

Only Modiji has the same level of karishma IG had.
Larry Walker
BRFite

Post by Larry Walker »

Congis are prepping for a tactical victory. If they would have fought the case in CJM court then they cannot argue anything else or new when going in for appeal and even the sentencing would have not been for 2 years. Lesser sentence would have not entailed this automatic disqualification and then the drama of Modi being scared and Pappu being a martyr. Now Congis will argue for Pappu in higher court and the court will reduce the quantum of the sentence and that will restore Pappu's disqualified seat. BIF will spin this as Pappu defeating Modi. So BJP is cautious here and not jumping into this trap and going full tongs-and-hammer on Pappu.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Strategy of Kejriwal
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Larry Walker wrote:Congis are prepping for a tactical victory. If they would have fought the case in CJM court then they cannot argue anything else or new when going in for appeal and even the sentencing would have not been for 2 years. Lesser sentence would have not entailed this automatic disqualification and then the drama of Modi being scared and Pappu being a martyr. Now Congis will argue for Pappu in higher court and the court will reduce the quantum of the sentence and that will restore Pappu's disqualified seat. BIF will spin this as Pappu defeating Modi. So BJP is cautious here and not jumping into this trap and going full tongs-and-hammer on Pappu.
Actually BJP is doing smart strategy of not bothering to talk much about it. They are simply saying it is a judicial case.

This is good strategy.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://m.economictimes.com/news/politi ... 782621.cms
Non-discriminatory delivery of schemes real secularism: PM Narendra Modi
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Did any one miss this subtle scheme of the BJP in KA? ;)
4% OBC quota for Muslims scrapped in poll-bound Karnataka
Two birds with one shot. The peacefools have been getting undue reservation benefits for quite some time. Now that has been taken away, and shifted to the EWS quota (10%). And the powerful Hindu communities in KA, gets some extra benefit as well. Reservation scheme was never meant to be religion based, but only (Hindu) caste based.

Will restore scrapped 4% quota for Muslims in Karnataka when we come to power: Congress
If BJP can tom tom this statement as 'minority appeasement', all the more better.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

SC CJI coming in the news quite frequently is a concerning trend. He is being projected as some kind of final arbiter.
There are a few potential scenarios when mandate is likely to to be interrupted by SC and Chandrachud steps in the alter the process.
1. SC wants to getinto the ECI . If Govt does not react, the timing of the next reaction from SC would be very interesting. Will they go as far as nullifying results?
2. SC might even consider the lack of a opposition party in Parliament as a "weakness" in the democractic setup. But here I dont think they can do anything
3. The transition phase between when the results are being announced is when I feel the SC might play some tricks. They might pause the announcement of the results to get what they want.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Neela wrote:SC CJI coming in the news quite frequently is a concerning trend. He is being projected as some kind of final arbiter.
There are a few potential scenarios when mandate is likely to to be interrupted by SC and Chandrachud steps in the alter the process.
1. SC wants to getinto the ECI . If Govt does not react, the timing of the next reaction from SC would be very interesting. Will they go as far as nullifying results?
2. SC might even consider the lack of a opposition party in Parliament as a "weakness" in the democractic setup. But here I dont think they can do anything
3. The transition phase between when the results are being announced is when I feel the SC might play some tricks. They might pause the announcement of the results to get what they want.
Quite possible. Pausing a Lokshaba election announcement is equal to a coup d'état. Current NDA numbers are too big to play any such tricks. I am pretty sure the legal eagles in the law ministry are working on the ECI issue. Soon Judiciary will understand its place.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Neela wrote:3. The transition phase between when the results are being announced is when I feel the SC might play some tricks. They might pause the announcement of the results to get what they want.
williams wrote:Pausing a Lokshaba election announcement is equal to a coup d'état.
Representation of the People Act 1951 & associated rules define the way elections are conducted in India. Below sections are relevant;
66. Declaration of results.—When the counting of the votes has been completed, the returning officer [shall, in the absence of any direction by the Election Commission to the contrary, forthwith declare] the result of the election in the manner provided by this Act or the rules made thereunder.
67. Report of the result.—As soon as may be after the result of an election has been declared, the returning officer shall report the result to the appropriate authority and the Election Commission, and in the case of an election to a House of Parliament or of the Legislature of a State also to the Secretary of that House, and the appropriate authority shall cause to be published in the Official Gazette the declarations containing the names of the elected candidates.

If these have to be repealed or amended then only Parliament can do that. An order from the Election Commission can delay the announcement of results, even using the existing law. Whether SC can force EC to make such a decision is debatable. If Lok Sabha election announcement is delayed, the existing government will remain as the caretaker government.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/rah ... 36935.html

Rahul Gandhi gets LS Secretariat notice to vacate govt bungalow
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

"I want to say it to Rahul Gandhi,
Veer Sarvarkar is our God,
Won't tolerate his insult"

- Uddhav Thackeray

Can this guy be pulled out of MVA?
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Sachinji, I think the way the current SC thinking is going, all rules are out of the window. For example, it is sacrosanct that laws can only be enacted by the Parliament. The judges are on record saying that they can make those as well.

They may not overturn the election itself but can easily hold the result in abeyance until a “neutral” “ all part” committee examines every piece… Until then they can declare that a caretaker government of all parties look after the functioning.

Basically anything they say goes.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

vijayk wrote:
For heavens sake, why?!?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Tanaji wrote:Sachinji, I think the way the current SC thinking is going, all rules are out of the window. For example, it is sacrosanct that laws can only be enacted by the Parliament. The judges are on record saying that they can make those as well.

They may not overturn the election itself but can easily hold the result in abeyance until a “neutral” “ all part” committee examines every piece… Until then they can declare that a caretaker government of all parties look after the functioning.

Things can only stretch so far before they break and the consequences of such woke action will bode ill for those concerned.

The BIF is literally playing with fire, no matter who is fronting for them.....

so far, the people have kept quiet because it does not affect them directly

usually, in smaller countries, outsiders interfere by sending "troops/observers" to "prevent bloodshed" if they have been requested by the govt to to "help" At times they do not even wait for the "request/invitation"

one would like to see any ahole of a woke country/pillar try this with India.

Like Modi said, "Our nuclear weapons are not for Diwali: PM Modi on Pak's nuclear button threat"

and this is universally applicable, if push comes to shove....

just saying onlee.....
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

vijayk wrote:Can this guy be pulled out of MVA?
Why? He is the founder member of the MVA :lol:. Let him remain there. Shri. Pappu Ghandi has stamped on another mine when he insulted Savarkar. Remember he is an MP from Wayanad, KL and the state has a very large peaceful presence. His statements against Savarkar may have been to placate them, and most likely drafted by sidekick of his like K.C Venugopal. PFI,SDPI and CPI(M) uses very crude language -twisting the name of Savarkar- to repeatedly state that he apologised to the British to get out of Cellular Prison, Andamans. What Shri. Pappu Ghandi does NOT realise is that Savarkar has a large fan following in states like Maharashtra. Uddhav Thackeray's statement is more like a pleading to Pappu Ghandi to keep quiet and don't make every one's life miserable ;).

There was an earlier case of Cow Slaughter by Congress workers in Kerala, again done in order to placate the peacefulls. This was widely circulated by the BJP during elections in North India and in Gujarat, and again Congress got trounced.

What Shri. Pappu Ghandi seems to be missing is the common sense to know that Congress is a pan-India party and he needs to find a path which is acceptable to all states. Parties like CPI, CPI(M) do not have this problem, they need not look beyond Kerala.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91hoX8rJNr0

Fascinating discussion on Tamilnadu
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Tanaji wrote:Sachinji, I think the way the current SC thinking is going, all rules are out of the window. For example, it is sacrosanct that laws can only be enacted by the Parliament. The judges are on record saying that they can make those as well.

I'm seeing some signs of push back.

Opinion | As a Citizen, I Disagree with Supreme Court’s Verdict on Election Commission: Here’s Why

I hope that post-2024 there is focus on judicial reforms. First would be to convert to Supreme court to a constitutional court. Second, to have court of appeals (above high courts) in different regions of the country.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

vijayk wrote:

- Uddhav Thackeray
This is so bad that it doesn't even get laughs/smileys now.. over the years in our society whatsapp groups there have been videos shared of Pappu/Congis insulting Savarkar in the past. Those times not just the SS but the NCP also have also made statements that this is not tolerable.

But now it is so old that both the SS and the NCP know that beyond token opposition they need not do anything. It also has a caste angle.

Now if the insult was directed against Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj (who also the peacefuls hate but are very careful not to show it in public) it would be a different game.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

what about when a number of malsi education ministers and their commie cabals led by the congis who whitewashed, falsified, and counterfeited a ridiculously sanitized version of "history"....

India survived that, right....

so, why the queschun now....

Last edited by chetak on 27 Mar 2023 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

I am wondering if we can do 3 Fronts in MH - BJP & SS (Shinde), SS (UT) and NCP&BIF INC
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk wrote:I am wondering if we can do 3 Fronts in MH - BJP & SS (Shinde), SS (UT) and NCP&BIF INC
the onion merchants are BIF paki branch, with specific aims and agenda.

who do you think were the "locals" during the mumbai attack
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

iMac_too @iMac_too
In general, Congress supporters in media like Sardardkasai, Islamists like Arfa, leftist opinion peddlers like Sanjay Kumar of CSDS have come to conclusion that there's no ground swell for Congress after Pappu's disqualification to create a mass movement a la 2011
This is their problem. ... check the videos

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1640387749672005633

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1640390996050706433
Last edited by vijayk on 27 Mar 2023 23:51, edited 2 times in total.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/expl ... ial-system

Looks like SCs are playing the role of the leftist-opposition in Israel & there are protests on the street against judicial reforms. Same template as India. Expect someone to threaten: "Look, what's happening in Israel will happen in India too, if Govt decides to remove collegium"

It is not a coincidence that SC/CJI is given so much news coverage. They are being built up as an alternate power structure and to gain people's sympathy in case Govt decides to act tough.

The problem has become worse & has taken a multi-dimensional turn, because the Modi sarkar had gone too easy on them for too long. They have under-estimated the nature of the threat
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Prem Kumar wrote:https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/expl ... ial-system

Looks like SCs are playing the role of the leftist-opposition in Israel & there are protests on the street against judicial reforms. Same template as India. Expect someone to threaten: "Look, what's happening in Israel will happen in India too, if Govt decides to remove collegium"

It is not a coincidence that SC/CJI is given so much news coverage. They are being built up as an alternate power structure and to gain people's sympathy in case Govt decides to act tough.

The problem has become worse & has taken a multi-dimensional turn, because the Modi sarkar had gone too easy on them for too long. They have under-estimated the nature of the threat
They got very low-key incompetent AG who lets the Judges bully them.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Letting C-system assets remain in key positions & even extending their tenure, has been a hallmark of this Govt, sadly
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Did Pappu and his team appeal?

Looks like they did not defend their Pappu in front of the judge. Pappu kept repeating I am not sorry for anything and kep syaing ye log me dum nahi hain. No one can convict me. Then when lawyers wanted to file an appeal in HC not to disqualify, he kept saying they can't dare to disqualify me.
ParuChirps @ParuChirps

It appears Congress is filing a review petition today after 4 days, in the sessions court.
So the wait was for the western media to sensationalize the matter. Then the drama in black clothes, press meets, opposition support, PG’s emotional appeal .. to pressurize the judiciary.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Prem Kumar wrote:Letting C-system assets remain in key positions & even extending their tenure, has been a hallmark of this Govt, sadly
If heartbeats in Humans can stopped and restarted you can do what you say. Govt cant stop, then a new set of people learn and then you expect the owners of C system a.k.a the modern equivalent East India Company to keep quiet.

I.e most Indians are perfectionists when other people have to deliver.

If you look at the constraints other people have you would understand within what can be done has been done. Most bureaucrats have been brought in by an ecosystem to develop Kejriwal type of system. You think you can fire all of them and hire well trained perfect people in a day?
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

They have had a lot more time than a day
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/anothe ... l-in-assam

Amritpal comrades are all being sent to a high-security jail in Dibrugarh, Assam! Under NSA act, which means jail term for min 1 year without even needing to file charges. Good move

OCIs & Passports are also being cancelled

And like someone mentioned on Twitter, we should seize their assets & raze their buildings. No secessionist should dare raise arms against the State. Because what is done to Amritpal will be watched by BIF forces like Dravidianists, Tauheed Jamaat, SDPI, Maoists, Liberandus etc
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Prem Kumar wrote:They have had a lot more time than a day
Prem Kumar ji,

This is a cancer that we have fed, nurtured, and allowed to grow, since the time of the mughals.

The roots that these cancerous scum have grown now run so deep, in search of self sustenance and "deep state" independence that the people who birthed them are losing control.

who do you think that scum like soreass, omdiyar network, malsis, and other BFI intent on precipitating a second and third partition have targeted all these years.

For them, politicos are the short term tactics/goals and the babooze are the long term strategy/ecosystem altering master plan. The long term and assured longevity of the babooze and their inherent low profile but devastating and shadowy reach in terms of implementing the BIF agendas means that the bulk of the FFNGOs resources are invested in them and their families (visas, citizenships, ivy league admissions, and the assured cushy jobs to follow) ensures that loyalties are cemented and tribal allegiance to their BIF masters is perpetuated.

Every political party, immediately on accession to the seat of power, sweeps with a clean broom. Why continue to live in a dilapidated and old rented house when you are allowed, nay, expected to build a new one for your self. The old owner has, as expected, laid land mines to welcome you, and you will needlessly fritter away half your tenure or more, in trying to sidestep them

Not doing this minimal act of politico cultural hygiene is like IG sending home 93,000 paki POW punks, well fed and sustained with biryani (and paid for by the hapless Hindus) for over 2-3 years and getting zilch in return.

In politics, as in life, the new must rise from the ashes of the old. If the old remains, it will first engulf and then consume you because it has the ability to attack you in ways that you haven't even dreamed of yet.

despite evidence to the contrary, the bitter lessons learned repeatedly and rammed forcefully down our throats, over a thousand years of invasions and occupations is lost on us.

The bloated ego that does not recognize this basic fact of civilizational/political succession will ultimately burn to the ground, the very edifice that it is trying to build, cultivate and ultimately save.

Sadly, we seem to be fast approaching that fork in the road which will make or break us.

The road not taken........
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

"We're watching Rahul Gandhi's case in Indian courts": US

https://aninews.in/news/world/us/were-w ... 328013919/
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Finally, the much coveted US intervention in the Indian political system is happening.

Rahul is the martyr we don't need.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk wrote:

- Uddhav Thackeray

after CBN's gaddari and consequent political slaughter, followed by his electoral oblivion, this guy is example no:2

nitishwa will be no:3

anyway, what would you do with such garbage

beheaded chickens are always cleaned and dressed for the pot, only in the backyard where they finally stop flopping about, after spraying blood everywhere until there is no more blood left to drain. Hopefully the BMC elections will drain away what life blood remains of these chickens

no one brings these (entitled) beheaded chickens into the living room. They will always end up making too big a mess

the guy has already made his bed but is now refusing to lie on it.....
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Marathi media is saying Pawar has convinced Momma that abusing Savarkar should be stopped or MaVa won't come back in Maharashtra. And Momma has agreed for time being.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

chetak wrote: Every political party, immediately on accession to the seat of power, sweeps with a clean broom. Why continue to live in a dilapidated and old rented house when you are allowed, nay, expected to build a new one for your self. The old owner has, as expected, laid land mines to welcome you, and you will needlessly fritter away half your tenure or more, in trying to sidestep them

Not doing this minimal act of politico cultural hygiene is like IG sending home 93,000 paki POW punks, well fed and sustained with biryani (and paid for by the hapless Hindus) for over 2-3 years and getting zilch in return.

In politics, as in life, the new must rise from the ashes of the old. If the old remains, it will first engulf and then consume you because it has the ability to attack you in ways that you haven't even dreamed of yet.
True

This is news just now: https://twitter.com/CNBCTV18News/status ... 24864?s=20

Govt is planning to charge Wallet UPI transactions > Rs 2000 @ 1.1%. Eminently stupid move during the 2023-24 season. I wouldn't be surprised if a C-system babu is behind this move.

Merchant fees need to come eventually, no doubt. And if kept lower than that of credit cards, it won't affect UPI adoption & will fill up the Govt coffers. But doing it now might make merchants add a convenience fee & pass it onto customers. Why in the world would they come up with this genius move during election year?
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

^ Also 1.1% is kind of high.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

IndiaToday @IndiaToday

According to sources, Rahul Gandhi assured Shiv Sena (UBT) leader Sanjay Raut that he would refrain from making remarks on Savarkar.
#RahulGandhi #MVA #Savarkar (@sahiljoshii)

https://indiatoday.in/india/story/rahul ... 2023-03-28
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Prem Kumar wrote:
chetak wrote: Every political party, immediately on accession to the seat of power, sweeps with a clean broom. Why continue to live in a dilapidated and old rented house when you are allowed, nay, expected to build a new one for your self. The old owner has, as expected, laid land mines to welcome you, and you will needlessly fritter away half your tenure or more, in trying to sidestep them

True

This is news just now: https://twitter.com/CNBCTV18News/status ... 24864?s=20

Govt is planning to charge Wallet UPI transactions > Rs 2000 @ 1.1%. Eminently stupid move during the 2023-24 season. I wouldn't be surprised if a C-system babu is behind this move.

Merchant fees need to come eventually, no doubt. And if kept lower than that of credit cards, it won't affect UPI adoption & will fill up the Govt coffers. But doing it now might make merchants add a convenience fee & pass it onto customers. Why in the world would they come up with this genius move during election year?
Dumbest move ... They have no idea how angry people will be

@lalithvemali

UPI transactions made via prepaid instruments—such as wallets or credit cards will carry an interchange fee of 1.1% for payments made to merchants. The 1.1% interchange fee will be levied on transactions above Rs 2,000 made to online & offline merchants

Bank to Bank transfers - 0
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Prem Kumar wrote:...

Govt is planning to charge Wallet UPI transactions > Rs 2000 @ 1.1% ...

Merchant fees need to come eventually, no doubt. And if kept lower than that of credit cards, it won't affect UPI adoption & will fill up the Govt coffers. ....
Is there any statistic on the average value per transaction. I wouldn't be surprised if approx 95% UPI transactions are under Rs 2000

UPI Lite on Paytm, PhonePe soon: What is it and how it works
About 75% of the total volume of retail transactions, including cash, in India are below Rs 100 in transaction value

Additionally, 50% of the total UPI transactions are also of value Rs 200 or less, according to an NPCI circular issued in March last year.