Cruise Missile Test in Pakistan: News and Discussions

Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Just wondering: The Nai flying over sea at 500 ft would be plainly visible to shipboard/airborne radars ain't it?
Yes, it would be pretty useless against a moving ship or moving target for that matter. I think the Anti-Ship Tomahawk (90 feet ASL) is abandoned now. This is why the Aegis ships carry Harpoons as well.
Last edited by Harry on 17 Aug 2005 05:24, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Sam CS wrote:
Rangudu wrote: I have a feeling that feelers from official circles will have to be sent out to ensure that our DND gives India the flexibility to strike back at China should a nuclear scenario occur with TSP.
Is this winnable? Isn't a 3-front war their fantasy since 1971?

Nuclear war is meant for total destruction, no one wins Nuclear war. Question is if it comes to that destructive point, why not add another paradigm of TSP=Islam sans Indian moslems/Islam. The worst nightmare of TSP is to be aware of the Nooclear consequences to Ummah they hope to Guide. Now is a good time to call for Minimum Nuclear Defence with 3000 strategic weapons.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Guys,

Something just struck me. I did not realize this when I heard it from a source a few weeks back.

The Babur has just made India's acquistion of Aegis inevitable.

I had been skeptical of whether India would buy the Aegis given its cost, but things are starting to make sense.
D_Prem
BRFite -Trainee

Post by D_Prem »

Question is will America give such a sopisticated system to us?...especially after the wake of this missile test selling the Aegis system to India would be seen as a hostile measure to Pakistan.

Which also puts America's ability to conduct operations from Pakistan under shadow. Would Pakistan allow then to carry out sorties when they are selling sophisticated systems to us? What do you think?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Rangudu wrote:Guys,

Something just struck me. I did not realize this when I heard it from a source a few weeks back.

The Babur has just made India's acquistion of Aegis inevitable.

I had been skeptical of whether India would buy the Aegis given its cost, but things are starting to make sense.

So who wins this round of chess game and Who are the players ? Why not add F18s to the list too as they can shoot the Crooz Mishle. When do we buy the Boeing/Lockheed Stock?.
D_Prem
BRFite -Trainee

Post by D_Prem »

Why not add F18s to the list too as they can shoot the Crooz Mishle. When do we buy the Boeing/Lockheed Stock?.
Might as well.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

D_Prem wrote:Question is will America give such a sopisticated system to us?...especially after the wake of this missile test selling the Aegis system to India would be seen as a hostile measure to Pakistan.

Which also puts America's ability to conduct operations from Pakistan under shadow. Would Pakistan allow then to carry out sorties when they are selling sophisticated systems to us? What do you think?

Its not a question of why but when. What make u think that Uncle will care. If Pukeodm inhibits US from acting on its interest, the Uncle will have no choice but to go in Himself and do the necessary cleaning.May be we should ask current US army commander in Afghanistan about this concern of yours and we should not mind lending helping hand in this noble cause .
D_Prem
BRFite -Trainee

Post by D_Prem »

Its not a question of why but when. What make u think that Uncle will care. If Pukeodm inhibits US from acting on its interest, the Uncle will have no choice but to go in Himself and do the necessary cleaning.May be we should ask current US army commander in Afghanistan about this concern of yours and we should not mind lending helping hand in this noble cause .
Uncle Sam will care .....a very recent example: the Arrow-2. Why wasnt it given, mainly cause of Pakistan.....also initially we were offered the PAC-2 not the PAC-3 ....why Pakistan.

Problem is so long as Musharraf is running the show nothing is going to happen to Pakistan (at least from the standpoint of America abandoning Pakistan)

US Commanders in Upganistan might have their own opinions, but what matters is the US Govt's policies....and as of now, they arent out to harm Pakistan. Period.
Alok_N
BRFite

Post by Alok_N »

this paki has lasted longer than most of his ilk ...
Alok_N
BRFite

Post by Alok_N »

must be "bring your pet paki to work" day on BRF ...

:lol:
D_Prem
BRFite -Trainee

Post by D_Prem »

this paki has lasted longer than most of his ilk ...
Dont dare call me Paki.....F*ck.......if anything your a bloody Paki....freekin guy
Alok_N
BRFite

Post by Alok_N »

the guilt dog barks first ...

where did I say that D_Prem was a paki?

go back and look ... :lol:

now, let's look at this:
D_Prem wrote:Question is will America give such a sopisticated system to us?...
no ... pakis won't get it ...

not tired yet of begging for effsolas?

running short on soybeans?

:lol:
D_Prem
BRFite -Trainee

Post by D_Prem »

ALOK.........listen boy, cuz I say the truth u accuse me of being a Paki.

If thats how ridiculous your thinking is then so be it......but DONT call me PAKI......thats F*UCKIN disgusting
Alok_N
BRFite

Post by Alok_N »

D_Prem wrote:ALOK.........listen boy, cuz I say the truth u accuse me of being a Paki.
no, that's not it ...

I see your propensity for cussing ...

However, in your posts you say "Pakistan" and "Musharraf" when talking about TSP and Gola ...

not cool.
Alok_N
BRFite

Post by Alok_N »

This thread is about to be axed ...

D_Prem, bye bye ... better luck next time :)
Vriksh
BRFite

Post by Vriksh »

This name calling business has to end, we cannot judge a person but only his post. I find that that a lot of people prefer Ad hominem attacks in lieu of reasoning.

That said there are a lot of posts that are designed to raise hackles, the pillais of the world should be warned that posting such will lead to ejection (by the Mods) after these should be brought to the notice of the moderators instead of sidelining the threads with useless shouting matches.
D_Prem
BRFite -Trainee

Post by D_Prem »

However, in your posts you say "Pakistan" and "Musharraf" when talking about TSP and Gola ...
.....and thats why I am Pakistani? What school of thought do you come from? I can only begin imagining how vexed your opinion is.....

I am not fond of Pakistan myself ......get that clear. But I am not too fond of "TSP" and "GOLA" .....but at the same time I agree Pakistan is a terrorist state.....
Alok_N
BRFite

Post by Alok_N »

D_Prem wrote:
I am not fond of Pakistan myself ......get that clear. But I am not too fond of "TSP" and "GOLA" .....but at the same time I agree Pakistan is a terrorist state.....
heh ... :D

---------------------------------------------

cshankar, this is page 10 ... about to be locked up ... I agree I wasted bandwidth ... was trying to smoke out a response and D_Prem took the bait ...

Cheers.
Sunil
BRFite

Post by Sunil »

Rangudu wrote:
If TSP for whatever reason makes it clear that it has or will deploy SLBMs or SLCMs then China has crossed the line with us. Here is the deal - the reason TSP wants SLCMs is not for a guaranteed first strike (which they can easily get by producing BMs in numbers) but for dissuading India's retalation that would follow a TSPian first strike.
Boss it is not about deploying SLCMs. It is about not having any response time to carry out deliberations necessary to defuse a crisis. This is not about guarenteed second strike it is about a rogue launch. In the absence of any real geographical space between India and Pakistan - things like mating warheads is too dangerous. There is no point in continuing any deterrence discussion with these people if they are intent on pushing things this close to where a lunatic can get hold of them.

As long as the Jihadi forces remain strong in Pakistan there is absolutely no question of Pakistan ever mating its warheads with missiles. That is simply too destablizing in the India-Pakistan context and will serve as a cause for India to jump to a very high position in the escalatory ladder. A position that will bring the house of cards down on Pakistan's head.

I am stunned that such an irresponsible position is being taken at a time when an atmosphere of peace prevails. One wonders who is in charge in Islamabad.

Pakistan and warheads mated with delivery platforms are incompatible given the Jihadi mentality so prevalent in Pakistan. It is simply too risky a proposition to be attempted. The missiles must remain with the Pakistan Army and they must remain on land where we can see them and the warheads must be kept away from them under US provided security measures. Pakistan's failure to do this will be taken as the expression of a Pakistani desire to move away from the "demated" status of the arsenal - this is profoundly destabilising and could have horrible consequences.
Sunil
BRFite

Post by Sunil »

D_Prem wrote:
as a patriot all I care about is that (literally) "Babur" doesnt become "Ghenghis Kahn" for India.....and so again as I have asked all others ...what do you think is the best way to counter this missile.....and for once lets factor in that in the next couple of years Pakistan integrates Babur into its navy as well.....and that Babur-2 is round the corner or is already inducted.
There is no need to counter the missile. If the Pakistanis so much so as attempt to test another one without giving us a clarification on the missile's supposed nuclear role very very serious reprecussions will visit upon them. By suggesting that they will deploy a nuclear tipped cruise missile on a submarine against India - the Pakistanis are breaking one of the biggest cornerstones of a stable nuclear deterrence regime between India and Pakistan - this is literally asking for more trouble than they can handle.
hah!.....fliiping on what u said earllier.....wasnt it you who said "these guys have a use....they can be kicked out at will" I knew you were a faker from the start.
That part still remains but you have proven quite useful so far. I can talk to you like I am talking to the class dunce at PMA Kakul and explain things at their level to you. If you can get chances are they can too. You are the best thing that happened to BRF in a while - you are our resident Pakistani Military Academy product simulation.
What complex......I did the maps for you!!......haha.....ok very well if that makes your ego any more inflatable then I did. But dont be under the wrong impression, cause I did them for the sake of BR members. Trust me even if you had told me to f*art on you I'd have not done that....cause I'd rather do that on my own damn will.
Why will you do anything for me? you will do something to restore your credibility on the forum and each time around I slap you down in public you will have do something regain a status as someone who is not considered a complete idiot. This way you will keep doing good work after a little pitaye. Basically your energy needs channelling and few periodic beatings on the forum and you will be fine.
Btw, this aint no boxing match that you gonna thrash me....so lets drop that. Al starfurallah.....and then again which one of your posts has been researched....mayb only in lala land .....works for some but not for me .... and stop using this idiotic logic cause most member see right through it. Al Hamduilah. I wish to stop this duel, it only wastes my time..... I gotta post more, so bud if you wanna then we can easily drop it here and now. Inshallah you will comply.......ok then shabba kher.
Dekho ab hum ney aap ko bol diya hain how to put a stop to our exchanges. Use your brain and think before you post gibberish. Thoda research karo - think karo and automatically I will stop thrashing you. Raasta ek hain .. us par chalo.

agli baar milney tak... Allah hafiz
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

:!: :!:
THIS THREAD IS LOCKED FOLKS.
NO MORE
KAPUT
SOMEONE PLEASE START A NEW THREAD.
:!: :!:
Sunil
BRFite

Post by Sunil »

Pehle yeh mating wala funda clear karo phir we talk about Aegis.