Post by harishn »

Great job Shiv.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Re: Significant breakthrough in Nag project

Post by NRao »

Originally posted by Sai_NT:
some dumbo Qs?

Would our kanchan armour on top of arjun tanks(?), withstand a Nag hit?

How many Nags would it take to destroy an arjun?

Can two or more Nags lock on to a same target?

Can two mor more Nagas lock onto separate targets at the same time/launch from an helo?
1. Do not know, but suspect they have used it against it to find out how good each of them is.
2. Do not know. Hopefully plenty from a Kanchan perspective and not too many from a Nag perpsective.
3. Should. Matter of the tracking radar passing the info to the Nags. May be they cannot be fired as a volley.
4. I guess this depends on the time lapse required between firing. Do not know.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Since during a battle there will be tons of tanks, I hope they have or plan on developing a means to communicate which tanks belongs to which helo and thus optimize the entire system
saint
BRFite

Post by saint »

this is like mahabarat scenario.. all it is required is to have key/value mapping pairs of information that is static available to all Nags currently launched.. it should only take a fraction of second to access this information while on "lock", to validate how many of its friends are having the same platter. The helo or Namica can be store for such info.

Split second decisions also help based on the type of target to redirect Nag to another "unlocked" target. too much for a third generation NAg , I guess.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Originally posted by Sai_NT:
this is like mahabarat scenario.. all it is required is to have key/value mapping pairs of information that is static available to all Nags currently launched.. it should only take a fraction of second to access this information while on "lock", to validate how many of its friends are having the same platter. The helo or Namica can be store for such info.

Split second decisions also help based on the type of target to redirect Nag to another "unlocked" target. too much for a third generation NAg , I guess.
Cute. A client server Nag. Embedded DBs. Job security.
Rudra
BRFite

Post by Rudra »

while such co-operative optimized distributed secure wireless scalable mission-critical tools are possible, they havent made an appearance into helos as yet I believe.

should be a great project though.

in any case we sorely need a unified battle situation tactical console for command tanks, regular tanks, HQ, scout vehicles ...everything on the move and dismounted units too. GIAT FINDERS is maybe 30% there and the new M1s have something.

then we can talk of 150km/day co-ordintated advances by all-mech formations .

breakfast in jodhpur, dinner in Sukkur.
Rudra
BRFite

Post by Rudra »

btw take a look at the projects done profile of this bangalore based co.

http://www.spectruminfotech.com/projects.htm

nearly jumped out of me shorts I did.

then I click on 'people' link on bottom and find
*cough* dr. paulraj et al among founders.

:D
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Originally posted by Rudra Singha:

then I click on 'people' link on bottom and find
*cough* dr. paulraj et al among founders.

:D [/QB]
That explains his talk at ICONS 2002 at Kochi...too bad had to miss it.
Rudra
BRFite

Post by Rudra »

what was the theme of ICONS 2002 ? is there a central page listing all the technology conferences held in India eg comdex, HIPC etc ?
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Originally posted by Rudra Singha:
what was the theme of ICONS 2002 ? is there a central page listing all the technology conferences held in India eg comdex, HIPC etc ?
DRDO Conf organised by NPOL Kochi...general theme was sonars...there were sessions on remote-sensing, oceanography, naval operational roles etc...check the DRDO website they used to have a link.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

Q: Can two or more Nagas lock onto separate targets at the same time/launch from a helo?
It depends on Who the Nagas are HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

Q: Can two or more Nagas lock onto separate targets at the same time/launch from a helo?
It depends on Who the Nagas are HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
member_201
BRFite

Post by member_201 »

Three NAG tests successfully conducted
(The Hindu, 21 Feb 2003)

New Delhi, Feb. 21. (UNI): The Army today announced that it conducted three user test flights of the Nag missile at Ahmednagar recently, which fulfilled the mission objectives by meeting the force's stringent specifications.

"The aim of these flight tests was to prove Imaging Infra Red (IIR) sensor based seeker guidance during day and night along with other specific qualitative requirements like performance of Propellant and Improvised Algorithm for Auto Roll Pilot," an Army press release here said.

All three tests achieved the range of four km and flight takeoff was smooth, hitting the targets with absolute accuracy.

For the first time in the history of development of NAG missile, the IIR sensor based seeker guidance has been proved. "This is one most important successful research and development achievement in the NAG missile", it added.
Avid
BRFite

Post by Avid »

Rakesh, the article is from Feb and i think it is the same article which started the thread in feb?
member_201
BRFite

Post by member_201 »

Avid, yes I know. I am trying to consolidate threads at the moment. I have a lot of pages in the Army, Navy and Missiles sites to update. I am trying to make my work easier, by having to look into just a few threads. The updates will be up only by mid-August.