Second Agni-III test -1

ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

ramana wrote:Especially wih Masala Chai and biskoot from Hyd bakeries- Karachi or the local Irani shop.
OT - These fruit biscuits from Karachi Bakery are to be eaten to be believed. Do they have some drugs in them - I have been addicted to them for over two decades now. They are sold in Mumbai too by some resellers and I always have a packet here at my home in the US.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

ShauryaT wrote: Do they have some drugs in them - I have been addicted to them for over two decades now. They are sold in Mumbai too by some resellers and I always have a packet here at my home in the US.
cannabis sativa or indica.. what is bhang?
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Arun_S wrote:
Rahul Shukla wrote: There is a big dark room in Virginia, at a place we shall not speak of, filled with lots of very, very frustrated and impatient people glued to their TV screens wondering what darn 'shubh muhurat' evil indians are waiting for... Their blood-coffee concentration is above legal already (0.08% +). :lol:

Nahin bahi, zarra weld ukhad gaya tha, mistri ko bulwaya hai par uskay salay ki shaadi thee, bas aata hi hoga.

The Virginians better read some math and Panchaang; but heck then the overhead satellite(s) will be in Rahu nakshatra.
Or WTF just tune in to FOX channal and feel pumped up.
Wah wah Arun S saar , similar happened to me in 1984.......when I called mistriji to change ball-bearing of tube-well pump......he was attending marriage of a friend of his sala sahib. :lol: We lost three days and I got punishment for that.

BTW our Mausom Vibhag is quite impressive with sat pic and data etc. Feel bad seeing free-riders ( Bakis, BDs, Nepalis and Lankans) taking free lunch. :shock:
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

ramana wrote:Anybody looked up weather in Orrisa for next few days? Cloudy or Rainy? Could be Thursday.
Bhubneshwar:
Thurs/Fri: Partly cloudy
Sat: Sunny.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

NDTV report
India is going to test its intermediate ballistic missile, Agni III, at Balasore in Orissa on Thursday morning.
The 16-metre Agni-III weighs 48 tonnes and is capable of carrying conventional and nuclear warheads weighing up to 1.5 tonnes.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

http://www.thestatesman.net/page.news.p ... &id=153161
BHADRAK, April 11: The prestigious Agni-III missile is likely to be test fired tomorrow from Wheeler Island’s launching pad near Dhamara here.
The Bhadrak district administration has taken all necessary steps and advised fishermen not to venture to sea till 14 April. Labourers working inside the Wheeler Island have been asked to vacate the Island today.
Additional district magistrate Mr Prafulla Mohapatra , deputy superintendent of police Mr Sarat Chandra Jenamani were being invited to the spot by DRDO and both will have to reach near the Island tomorrow.
The ADM and DSP will give the zone clearance report first and then the count down will begin, sources said.
It may be noted that the first test flight of Agni III had failed on 9 July . The Agni-III is the most powerful Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (IRBM) in the Indian arsenal.
The missile will have a three stage lift-off mechanism and will have a range of 4,000 km.
When ready, it will be able to carry nuclear warheads.
The first two versions of Agni have been test fired successfully earlier.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

While we anxiously await Agni 3, something for your amusement...

link
"Iran has over 20 intermediate-range missiles that can reach continental Europe," Ellison said. "These 20 BM-25 missiles were purchased from North Korea in 2005 and are a variant of the Soviet SS-N-6 submarine-launched ballistic missile. With a range beyond 3,000 kilometers, these missiles pose a direct threat to central Europe."
India to test long-range ballistic missile
India first tested the missile last July, when the prototype veered off course after travelling vertically 12 kilometres and crashed into the sea without hitting its designated target.

The failure was attributed to a snag in a strapped-on solid fuel booster rocket.
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

My guess work suggests that Agni III will be fired at around 10am-1pm IST today (infact no guess but based on past tests 8) )

I should be able to see news flash in ToI saying 'India Successfully tests Agni III' around 4pm Australian time.
sanjchopra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sanjchopra »

gauravsurati wrote:My guess work suggests that Agni III will be fired at around 10am-1pm IST today (infact no guess but based on past tests 8) )

I should be able to see news flash in ToI saying 'India Successfully tests Agni III' around 4pm Australian time.
Hope we get to see a newsclip in SBS news tonight. 8)
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

sanjchopra wrote:
gauravsurati wrote:My guess work suggests that Agni III will be fired at around 10am-1pm IST today (infact no guess but based on past tests 8) )

Hope we get to see a newsclip in SBS news tonight. 8)
I only hope to see in SBS. They truly cover global news. Channel 7, ten etc are just like local news paper with limited focus, doesnt matter even neighbouring country shakes with earth quakes and causes terrible damage. (to be honest I call them 'I dont care channels') :P
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

I expect the splashdown at 6°52'36.56"N 93°35'39.23"E ~10Km off Great Nicobar Islands well inside Indian territorial waters (1,700 Km ground range).

It can get there using either lofted trajectory or a depressed trajectory;
  • Lofted trajectory Apogee: 1,780Km, Flight time:27.5 minute
  • Depressed trajectory Apogee 100Km Flight time:7.8 minute
Expect a lofted flight this time.

For lofted flight at ~48Km altitude F/S will separate (Speed Mach 4.7), and S/S finish at ~321Km altitude. Payload re-enters at Mach 18.5 (5Km/sec).

I use BR's ROCKSIM for modeling and simulation
Last edited by Arun_S on 12 Apr 2007 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
vinayak_d
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinayak_d »

1780 Km?? Isn't that too big for apogee. PSLV couldn't do that. IS it 178 Km?
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Recall PSLV's trajectory compared to Agni-3. Will it make a difference?

Yup the figging thing goes up like a sounding rocket.
Raju

Post by Raju »

btw, this time around real footage of previous Agni-3 test is being shown on IBN/NDTV etc.
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Are they also showing launch? or daylight pic of A-3?

Their current IBN website still shows the old DRDO press kit material of A-3 and the launch/flight pics are still Agni-II and NoKo Ding-Dong.
Last edited by Arun_S on 12 Apr 2007 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Whatever happens today, that is regardless of the success of the Agni-III this week, I would like to be the first in this thread to congratulate all of the scientists, engineers and technicians involved in the Agni program.

You've come a long way baby in less than 20 years under stiff technological embargoes with shoe-string budgets and have delivered the goods.

These are the fellows that clearly understand what the consequences are of the hordes of barbarians standing at the gate to murder, rape and loot India. And understand precisely the message that the Agni program gives the barbarians. A message that freedom of a billion plus is not taken lightly.
bharats
BRFite

Countdown for Agni III launch starts

Post by bharats »

BALASORE: A four-hour 'range countdown' for test-firing of India's 3,000 km intermediate range ballistic missile Agni III from the launch pad at the Countdown for Agni III launch starts :D
Wheeler's Island here began at six am on Thursday morning, defence sources said.

The missile was likely to be fired before noon, the sources indicated.
DRDO scientists were busy providing final touches to the missile which was test-launched unsuccessfully on July nine last year.

The range countdown can be put on hold if any snag was found in the missile and commence again after the same was rectified, the sources explained.

According to the sources, three minutes before the blast-off, there would be a hold in the range countdown process and an 'auto launch sequence' would take over so that a network of computers in the main control station could check all the health parameters of the missile as well as its sub-systems and allow the missile to move forward in the pre-programmed trajectory.

Air Traffic Controls at Kalaikunda base, the Airports Authority of India at Kolkata and Eastern Naval Command at Visakhapatnam had been intimated about the test firing of the missile.

The administration in the coastal districts of Balasore, Bhadrak and Kendrapara have also been intimated to warn fishermen not to venture into the sea during the launch period, the sources said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1090368
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So 30 min to go. Its 9:32 IST for above post. Four hr count down starting from 6:00 AM would mean 10:00 AM for launch hold down.

From CNN-IBN
[quote]
Can Agni-III stand the trial by fire?
CNN-IBN
Posted Thursday , April 12, 2007 at 01:07
Updated Thursday , April 12, 2007 at 09:38

TESTING TIMES: Agni-III is the most powerful missile in the Indian arsenal.

New Delhi: Nine months after the first attempt failed, the DRDO is likely to re-launch the Agni-III ballistic missile from Wheeler's Island in the Bay of Bengal on Thursday.

Agni-III is the most powerful missile in the Indian arsenal and will have a three-stage lift-off mechanism and a 4,000-km range.

“The exact time will depend on weather conditions and other factors,' an official said, speaking on condition of anonymity. We are keeping our fingers crossed. We hope the test will proceed smoothly,â€
Last edited by ramana on 12 Apr 2007 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Time now is 10:05 AM
vinayak_d
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinayak_d »

Damn I am getting impatient here.....
vikas_pandey
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vikas_pandey »

krishnan wrote:Time now is 10:05 AM
:( what's the update???????
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

10:43 AM
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

It might close to or already be launched. Needs time for media to report.
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

It will be 30 minutes for the loft flight. So if took off on time it will be at least 30 later press will be told.
Sparsh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sparsh »

Don't get worked up so much over no news. As much as BR would like to have a live feed straight from Wheeler Island, it ain't getting one. My guess is that word will be given out only after the flight test has been completed and a preliminary analysis of the telemetry data has been done. So relax, have a charminar.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

I see a lot of impatient souls here , Just relax guys , We will hear success soon
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Oh the agony of Agni! 8)
durvasa
BRFite

Post by durvasa »

Lots of guys on this thread are so anxious and depressed, only an Agni Aunt can help them now!
bharats
BRFite

Post by bharats »

ramana wrote:Oh the agony of Agni! 8)
Pls don’t frighten..!!! :eek:
b_karan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by b_karan »

Sparsh wrote: So relax, have a charminar.

Finished 4 Navy cut ............ just in front of my laptop..waiting for the news.... will keep patience ...:)
chandel_alok
BRFite -Trainee

Post by chandel_alok »

CNN IBN.... Agni III test fired.... lift-off success.... final outcome awaited
Last edited by chandel_alok on 12 Apr 2007 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Bharat, If you type Agni in MS Word, the suggested spelling is agony. And Agni has been quite an agony!
Raju

Post by Raju »

Arun_S wrote:Are they also showing launch? or daylight pic of A-3?

Their current IBN website still shows the old DRDO press kit material of A-3 and the launch/flight pics are still Agni-II and NoKo Ding-Dong.
yes, the daylight launch pic of the short, stubby one was shown.

btw the missile has been fired...still in flight.
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Last edited by Rahul Shukla on 12 Apr 2007 11:19, edited 3 times in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Test successful - as per TV news channels. Santanam interviewed.

Waiting for Arun to log in..

Lots of mention of Beijing by TV channels - I wonder why :twisted:
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Chandel Alok deserves some poppins :)
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/india/04_20 ... e][b]India has successfully test-fired the Agni-III ballistic missile from Wheeler's Island in the Bay of Bengal on Thursday.
[/quote][/b]
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Me? I am off to sites of of our friendly neighbours (not) to see their reaction. :twisted:
Sparsh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sparsh »

Both CNN-IBN and NDTV are reporting that the Agni 3 has been test fired. No further word though.

Karan,
Have a second one just for kicks. :)