1. The new larger turret houses a larger auto loader (I think by additional you meant a newer/larger ? )
- The new auto-loader is able to use both from the old storage in the hull (remained in its place but doesn't obligately be fulfilled), and the new aft auto-loaded storage. Only the aft storage could include longer-rod APFSDSs.
2. A new MG to fire new generation of long rod penetrators ( 3BM-44M ? ) . I presume this too is a two piece round like older Ru APFSDS rounds.
- It's totally new APFSDSs which are not used with standard T-72/T-90 auto-loading.
What about ARENA or Shtora active protection system , is it going to be a standard fit ?
- The elements of Shtora-2 (without the IR lamps) are seen on the pics. As about a 'hard kill' system, there is not clear what is the preference of Ru Army now. No hard kill system was chosen at the moment.
Also any idea about the gross weight of this tank specially , I presume currently the tank is still powered by 1000hp V-92S2 engine.
- Yes, right now they are demonstrating it on the standard T-90 chassis to underline the fact that it can be used for T-72/T-90 upgrade as well. The modernized chassis is a bit different, tracks rolls, suspension are strengthened and have better serviceability. The estimated grow in weight is 1-2 tons so it hardly be heavier than 48t.
Singha wrote:does the t90 and t90m feature independent thermal imagers for commander and gunner? I know arjun doesnt feature it for cost reasons.
- True only for T-90M. It has independent 3-wave panoramic IR/optic commander sight.