Add to the list people.
Indian Missile and Munitions Programs, as of 2017 wrote:
Prithvi, 100-250km range, liquid fuelled
• Prithvi -1/2/3 - all in service
• Naval variant: Dhanush, 350km- Navy - in service
Agni: Have MaRVs, MIRV & countermeasures in development
• 1/2/3/4 - in production/deployed
• 5 - development, trials successful, 5000 km version. SFC user trials pending.
• MIRV development in progress.
• SLBM/B-05: 700 Km range, developed, test bed for K-4 technologies for Arihant
• SLBM/K-4, 3500 km range: test fired from Arihant, presumably deployed. Also the base missile for S3, S4, S4*
• Next steps, MIRV & 5000 km versions
• 150 km, 200 kg warhead missile to "bridge the gap" between the conventional Pinaka MRLS at 40 km range, to the Prithvi which has a range of 250km to 300 km. Being tweaked for the Army, and awaiting formal Army indent. Stated to have datalinked guidance and will hence be more cost effective/precise than "dumb" missiles. Six missiles can be launched at different targets. Developed from the AAD design of the BMD program.
• Orders not placed as of yet
• Sanctioned in 2015
• Solid fuel, derived from PDV BMD missile, can strike 500km with 800kg payload
• 10m CEP
• Intended to supplement Brahmos with a low cost flexible strike option for the Army
• Blocks1/2/3 all developed. Block 3 for Navy & Army allows top attack & seeker discrimination of specific targets. In production.
• AF: Development underway; IAF has ordered 200+ missiles for 40+ Su-30 MKI. Two trials aircraft sent for modification. Special MKIs need to be structurally modified for carrying a single Brahmos on centerline.
• Mini-Brahmos: In development to allow upto 3 Brahmos per Su-30 MKI and also Brahmos carriage by MRCA class aircraft
• Brahmos 2: In development with Russia for hypersonic Brahmos.
• Seeker indigenization in progress: Two programs - one for advanced seeker & another for current programs. Both seekers can be used across Indian programs.
• 450km version test fired, 900 version next. All Brahmos missiles will be modified to new standard. Changes required for 450km version "today: software changes to the fire control system and mission computer, and miniaturisation of some hardware elements in the propulsion system."
• ALA: Air Launched Article, 200km, nuclear missile for Su-30 force. In development
• LRCM: Ramjet equipped long range cruise missile for all three services, in development, 700km-1000 km range
• Nirbhay: Subsonic, stealthy 1000km+ missile for all three services, multiple tests. First 2 successful, next 2 unsucessful. Focus on suppliers before retrial. Basic design not to be changed. Also, seeker & propulsion indigenization underway.
• Phase 1: PDV & AAD ready for deployment. GOI has given go-ahead and preparation underway.
• Phase 2: For Target Missiles > 2000 km class, in development. AD-1 and AD-2, hypersonic missiles
ATGM/ General purpose:
• Army land version version under refinement, 4 km range. Block1 seeker in production at BDL, Block 2 developed for better performance in Indian deserts @ afternoon. Tests in 2017. Army orders still awaited.
• Helicopter version @7km, called HELINA, in development. See above for seeker details.
• Further variants for fixed wing strike aircraft under development. RF seeker trialed in 2011-12, presumably for this.
• Semiactive laser guided missile similar to the LAHAT. Intended for launch by both ground launchers and tanks. In advanced development, probably in trials as prototypes have been displayed already for couple of years now. Finally, alternative available to Milan/Konkurs as well.
• New program to field an advanced ATGM, similar to the Javelin. In advanced development, tenders placed for specific subsystems. BDL to be partner for manufacturing.
• NGARM: New program announced in 2012; in advanced development, trials to be conducted in 2017-18. Dual-stage (DRDO leveraging LRSAM/MRSAM motor knowledge), solid fuelled with 100 km range. Also includes a MMW seeker (for terminal targeting presumably)
• Name unknown: Missile with multiple precision guided warheads, range of 200 km for platform. UAVs variants also being explored to "launch PGMs" and then be recovered for cost effectiveness. Tech demo in 2013, with tests of a configured missile in 2015-16.
• Name unknown: Light antiship missile for naval helicopters: In development, unknown if a formal program is being launched.
• HSTDV: Hypersonic Tech demo program to develop indigenous hypersonic capability independent from Brahmos program, flight trials details awaited
• SAAW - Smart Anti Airfield Weapon: Successfully tested for AF, advanced stage of development. 120kg, penetrator warhead, 100km range, intended for Jaguar, Su-30 MKI and will be extended to Rafale. Winged system. Tested from Jaguar and Su30MKI successfully in 2016. Unknown if it has a propulsion system
• SRSAM: Deal with MBDA for codevelopment yet to be signed, likely stalled given QRSAM progress; reports note range is now 20 km with negotiations concluded with MBDA, only GOI clearance awaited. Trishul development complete but system wont be inducted.
• LRSAM/MRSAM with Israel: LRSAM versions in induction, range likely 90 km (rather than originally expected 70km). Motor, missile components, C3I & TELs from India for LRSAM/MRSAM. LRSAM is for Navy and is on order as is MRSAM for IAF, which wants 9 squadrons with 2 fire units each. Radars will likely be imported with some subsystems (eg TX/RX modules) license made in India & complete set up and calibration done at BEL. IA has also been cleared to ordered five regiments, IA Akash regiments have upto 6 firing units (3 times IAF size). MRSAM IA regiments are stated to have 40 firing units (8 per regiment).
• Akash: MK1 development complete, in production (8 Sq for AF, two regiments for Army); 8 squadron order pending on price negotiation with BEL.
Akash NG in development, active seekers, 50km range with 10 targets engage. MK1S program in development, technology insertion for Akash Mk1 program with active seekers.
• New SAM: New design, with range of 150km. Status unknown.
• QRSAM: New Astra/Trishul/LRSAM technology derived missile with all new configuration (AESA FCR/SR on Trucks for mobility). 30km range, multi-target handling, fire on short stop, track while move. Meant for IA needs but derivative likely for Navy as SRSAM.
• Astra: MK1 variant was to have Range max of 80 km, MK2 of 110 km. Missile was redesigned in 2010-12 and underwent series of trials in 2012, with problems stated to be resolved and complete redesign done. Range now suggested as 100 km+, but remains to be confirmed. Original range specifications were 80 km in head on & 20 km in tail chase. Amongst other new capabilities mentioned are buddy launch, LOBL and HOBs capability (+/-45 degrees). Reports mention seeker integration challenges have been overcome, with new info stating ", improved multitarget handling and excellent ECCM". Trials with Russian seeker complete in 2016-17, IAF has placed LSP of 50 units for production stabilization at BDL. Next trials with new Indian seeker underway.
• Ramjet program underway. In cooperation with Russian, can either be the basis of a new Meteor class AAM or new SAMs.
• Pinaka Mk1: 40km, developed and in production, teething issues with ramping up numbers being resolved. OFB issues with ammunition basically. 2 regiments in service, 2 ordered in 2016. MOD has floated RFP for 6 more regiments. Order may be split between Mk2
• Pinaka MK2: 60 KM range, several successful trials. Guided & extended range.
• LGB: Sudarshan MK1 for AF. Range of 9 km. Project cancelled. Sudarshan MK2 with INS/satnav in development, 50 km range noted in 2012, new design will seek to minimize rolling observed with MK1. Status, unknown.
• Garuda/Garuthma programs: Seeker, satnav, equipped basic JDAM equivalent with 30 km range. Garuthma is the winged version with 100km range. Trialed, in development. IAF orders expected.
• Lightweight PGM program: RCI program. Sathish Reddy: "PGM has already been test-fired from an unmanned aerial vehicle and a sizeable number can also be carried by a missile like the Prithvi or by an aircraft like the Su-30 MKI. The Prithvi configuration can be used for attacking runways for example. "
Will have MMW seeker developed, also being used for NGARM