Pratyush wrote:WTF, about half not having any orders. I mean it has
2) ka 62,
3)the light turbo prop trainer plane ( forgot it's name),
4) the LCH .
5) HJT 36
So what I am looking at is nearly 1500 air crafts to be built by hal. And people are saying no orders with HAL. What's wrong with this picture?
1) LUH- design not fixed yet for SP, still under development
2) ka 62- i think u mean ka-226 or are we buying 62 too? Anyway, the deal hasn't been signed and price negotiations not completed for Ka-226 yet. Either way, not fixed wing so doesn't count as the report is about fixed wing orders.
3) HTT-40- As far as I remember, HTT-40 had its first flight but the design is yet to be finalized for SP.
4) LCH- Dunno what's going on with this but the report anyway meant no order for fixed wing so this doesn't count.
5) HJT-36- Many issues like engine shutdown during spin still to be corrected definitively. Very far from SP.
6) Tejas- Only the order for 40 Mk1 has been signed while the 83 Mk1A are still just an expression of interest. Out of these 40, 20 are of FOC specification which is still not finalized.
So yeah, HAL really is running out of orders. Serves them right for treating tejas like a step-child for so many years.